PDA

View Full Version : 3 Points Priority tomorrow......

Kawacabbage10
24-04-2015, 03:12 PM
but could do with converting possession into goals and boost our goal difference against Der Hun.

Been well discussed on here as a re-occurring problem this season but a late goal rush may come in handy come a week Saturday.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2015, 03:20 PM
As long as we win, I'll take anything. Our job is to leave Rangers needing to win at the PBS on the final day. Dropping points tomorrow just wouldn't be acceptable.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 03:21 PM
As long as we win, I'll take anything. Our job is to leave Rangers needing to win at the PBS on the final day. Dropping points tomorrow just wouldn't be acceptable.

Agree 3 points are imperative:flag:

calumhibee1
24-04-2015, 03:22 PM
but could do with converting possession into goals and boost our goal difference against Der Hun.

Been well discussed on here as a re-occurring problem this season but a late goal rush may come in handy come a week Saturday.

Think we're already safe on the goal difference front. If we win tomorrow then unless they beat Falkirk by at least 3, which won't happen, they'll have less than us going into the last day. We'll then need them to draw/lose while we win (or draw if they lose). So long story short, unless they hump Falkirk tomorrow, presuming we win tomorrow aswell, then we'll have the better GD.

Golden Bear
24-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Really looking forward to tomorrow's game - it's nitty gritty time so hopefully no messing about.

Kawacabbage10
24-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Think we're already safe on the goal difference front. If we win tomorrow then unless they beat Falkirk by at least 3, which won't happen, they'll have less than us going into the last day. We'll then need them to draw/lose while we win (or draw if they lose). So long story short, unless they hump Falkirk tomorrow, presuming we win tomorrow aswell, then we'll have the better GD.

I'll disagree saying it's already safe, it's tight with only the 2 in it. Can't see the Rangers slipping up at home tomorrow and with us apparently unable to keep a clean sheet against the so called smaller teams in the division it could get pretty nervy on the last day.

Anyway, as has been already said, 3 point is the first priority as it would be irrelevent if we can't secure a win tomorrow and the Ranger do.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2015, 03:29 PM
We absolutely must win tomorrow.

Nothing else would be acceptable.

PeterboroHibee
24-04-2015, 04:37 PM
I'll disagree saying it's already safe, it's tight with only the 2 in it. Can't see the Rangers slipping up at home tomorrow and with us apparently unable to keep a clean sheet against the so called smaller teams in the division it could get pretty nervy on the last day.

Anyway, as has been already said, 3 point is the first priority as it would be irrelevent if we can't secure a win tomorrow and the Ranger do.

I think the only likely scenario where goal difference comes into play is if we win one and draw one, and Rangers win one and lose one - in which case Rangers would need to turn around a 4 goal difference minimum. I personally cant see them doing that against Falkirk or Hearts, so in that case it probably is safe.

Ultimately all we need to worry about at the moment is winning. If we get 6 points then weve done all we can with the games left.

banarc7062
24-04-2015, 04:53 PM
The Easter Road 12th man, Crowd, need to keep the noise level high to prevent anything other than a win. Just concentrate on one game at a time and let others worry about their own prospect. GGTTH :flag:

Aldo
24-04-2015, 04:57 PM

This. Result first performance second.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 05:27 PM
This. Result first performance second.

Correct call Aldo , we need to keep the pressure on the Rangers while at same time giving team confidence by winning games no matter how it's achieved

CockneyRebel
24-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Correct call Aldo , we need to keep the pressure on the Rangers while at same time giving team confidence by winning games no matter how it's achieved

Can't go too gung ho and give a goal away as Alloa are not safe from relegation issues and will be happy with even a point.

emerald green
24-04-2015, 05:40 PM
McHattie was on the TV tonight saying that squad morale at Tynecastle had been "dampened" because some of the squad are leaving and others have already been told they can go.

I don't like the sound of that TBH. Getting in their excuses for getting beat by Der Hun a week on Saturday maybe? Yams - nothing to play for, looking to getting away on holiday.

Hibs can only go out and try to win their last two games though. It would be good if Hibs could rack up a few goals, and keep a clean sheet tomorrow. It won't be easy as Alloa will no doubt come and park the bus and go out to time waste and frustrate at every opportunity. One of the worst things about playing in this league IMO. I've got a horrible feeling that 2nd place could be decided on goal difference.

Andy74
24-04-2015, 06:05 PM
We absolutely must win tomorrow.

Nothing else would be acceptable.

When you say not acceptable what action would you expect to see if we don't win?

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 06:32 PM
When you say not acceptable what action would you expect to see if we don't win?
. net to be inundated with negative threads slagging Hibs off etc Only to rally again a few days later with calls of we can still get promotion .However I don't expect us to drop any points tomorrow We may not keep a clean sheet but a rejuvenated Malonga to get on score sheet Cummings and Farid get on score sheet as well as we get rub of the green at right times for a change .

Sir David Gray
24-04-2015, 06:51 PM

Not acceptable in the sense that we won't stand a chance of getting second unless we win tomorrow.

I don't expect any action to be taken by the fans or the club if we don't win.

Pete
24-04-2015, 07:27 PM

Falkirk still have fourth to play for but Rangers giving them a doing is a possibility.

If we put Alloa to the sword the goal difference would be like an extra point in a way. We have the slightly easier run in and we can do this.

Make no mistake and ignore what certain managers are saying. ..finishing second is a huge advantage.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Falkirk still have fourth to play for but Rangers giving them a doing is a possibility.

If we put Alloa to the sword the goal difference would be like an extra point in a way. We have the slightly easier run in and we can do this.

Make no mistake and ignore what certain managers are saying. ..finishing second is a huge advantage.

:agree: I think it's vital.

I would go as far as to say that I think it's unlikely, under the current format of the play offs, that a team finishing 3rd or 4th will be promoted.

Pete
24-04-2015, 07:34 PM

I would go as far as to say that I think it's unlikely, under the current format of the play offs, that a team finishing 3rd or 4th will be promoted.

Spoke to a few Falkirk fans and they confirmed what I thought. They ran out of steam last year due to all the games.

A tired Rangers or QOS then Motherwell is doable. I'm not convinced we'd have enough to deal with three ties.

The cup final would definitely have got in the way. :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
24-04-2015, 07:59 PM
I think rangers will win both there games sadly and hearts will lie down anyway
whatever happens we will likely play rangers anyway

Billy Whizz
24-04-2015, 08:08 PM

I thought that as well, but when you look at the no of fixtures to play in May, the championship 3rd/4th placed team will only play one more game in May, than the Premiership team. If we finish 2nd, we'll play one game less in total than the premier team.
All to play for

iwasthere1972
24-04-2015, 08:10 PM

:agree: Assuming that The Rangers and we both win tomorrow we need to do all we can to ensure that our goal difference is better than theirs. That way going into the last match even a draw at Falkirk would be good enough to clinch second spot if Hearts beat The Rangers. Obviously a win is paramount but let's try and score a few while we're at it.

On another note, Hamilton Accies currently beating Motherwell 2-0 midway through the second half so looks more than likely that they would be the opponents if we make it that far in the play offs.

A long way to go unfortunately. Or fortunately.

greenlex
24-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Still don't think 2nd place is such a huge advantage to be honest. Said elsewhere that another couple if games to maintain momentum might not be such a bad thing versus a week off. Certainly not massive or indeed vital.

Ronster117
24-04-2015, 08:18 PM
As the thread says....3points is the priority tomorrow, extra goals would be great for the fans and put smiles on faces, but for me I'll take a scrappy 1-0. We just have to get the right result and hope der Hun bottle it.

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2015, 08:24 PM
I think rangers will win both there games sadly and hearts will lie down anyway
whatever happens we will likely play rangers anyway

No way Hearts will lie down.

Cod Boy
24-04-2015, 08:27 PM
The 0.0 home draw against Dumbarton were we got robbed of a goal could be a difference between 2nd and 3rd.

iwasthere1972
24-04-2015, 08:33 PM
The 0.0 home draw against Dumbarton were we got robbed of a goal could be a difference between 2nd and 3rd.

Or when Boyle missed an open goal against Falkirk at ER which would have seen us going 4-1 up. The Bairns came back to draw 3-3. Two big points disappeared then.

We could look at numerous matches throughout the season and think much the same.

Roberts1875
24-04-2015, 08:34 PM
If we don't beat Alloa at home then there really is an issue. Personally I'm comfortable we will, would be good to try and improve our goal difference tomorrow, don't see rangers massivley improving theirs in the last two games

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Still don't think 2nd place is such a huge advantage to be honest. Said elsewhere that another couple if games to maintain momentum might not be such a bad thing versus a week off. Certainly not massive or indeed vital.

The big advantage is having one less tie to play by finishing second. Finish third and you're looking at three cup ties, each over two legs. I think us versus QOTS would be a fifty-fifty tie, and the play offs could be over before they'd properly begun.

greenlex
24-04-2015, 09:00 PM
The big advantage is having one less tie to play by finishing second. Finish third and you're looking at three cup ties, each over two legs. I think us versus QOTS would be a fifty-fifty tie, and the play offs could be over before they'd properly begun.

A convincing win over the two legs could see us going at Ranger with momentum and confidence. If it was them that did it and we had sat on our bums for a week I reckon it wouldn't be such a great advantage to be honest. Again as I said elsewhere if we can't get past Queens over two legs we don't deserve a crack at the Huns.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Same atmosphere as the semi final and Alloa will panic I reckon.

Cod Boy
24-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Or when Boyle missed an open goal against Falkirk at ER which would have seen us going 4-1 up. The Bairns came back to draw 3-3. Two big points disappeared then.

We could look at numerous matches throughout the season and think much the same.

Malonga scored Boyle didnt the assistant referee cost Hibs

silverhibee
24-04-2015, 10:48 PM
3 points needed tomorrow, pretty sure it will be achieved.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

JimBHibees
25-04-2015, 07:24 AM
A convincing win over the two legs could see us going at Ranger with momentum and confidence. If it was them that did it and we had sat on our bums for a week I reckon it wouldn't be such a great advantage to be honest. Again as I said elsewhere if we can't get past Queens over two legs we don't deserve a crack at the Huns.

I hear what you are saying and you might be right however my main worry apart from possibly losing to QOS would be that we pick up injuries or suspensions.

Scottie
25-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Imperative to get all 3 points today. Must go for it instead of this tippy tappy *****. :wink:

Attack Attack Attack shoot on sight from everywhere even the Ox. :aok:

J-C
25-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Imperative to get all 3 points today. Must go for it instead of this tippy tappy *****. :wink:

Attack Attack Attack shoot on sight from everywhere even the Ox. :aok:

:top marks

We need to be more ruthless and go for the jugular, these teams are at the bottom for a reason, they're no very good.

Col2
25-04-2015, 08:07 AM
2nd place is very important. We HAVE to win our last two games. I know people talk about one less play off game but 2nd place also gives 2nd leg home advantage in the semi final play off game (potentially against The Rangers).

I think we will win well today 3 or 4 nil.

banarc7062
25-04-2015, 09:11 AM

Of course they will....they have always been the wee rangers. GGTTH

Jim44
25-04-2015, 12:19 PM

Of course they will....they have always been the wee rangers. GGTTH

I don't think they will lie down against Rangers but obviously the necessity and the strength of desire to win could turn the match in Sevco's favour. It would be a real bonus if Cowdenbeath could beat them today as I reckon they wouldn't want to end the season on two defeats. In addition, if they lose today, beating Rangers next week will be their last chance to beat Hibs' second tier record of 89 points when winning the First Division in season 1998-99.