PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Ogilnie stepping down Petrie in frame for his job ?

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 07:13 AM
Was listening to Radio Clyde last night ,and in the aftermath of the Josh Meekings debacle and way this has been mishandled by the Administration ,their were calls for heads to roll by some of the folk phoning in . During the discussion I heard a journalist Mark Guedie ( ?sounded like that ) said Cambelll Ogilvie would be stepping down from his post and a few people were mentioned as being in the running to get this ,one of which was Rod .
Could it be that Leeann has now shown she can be trusted ,and Farmer would be happy for Rod to be exerting influence at the top Echelons of Power .Could be a win win for us ,as Blackpool Hibs and others would be queuing up to buy Season Tickets :wink: , and with The Rangers openly stating they want to infiltrate top positions and take over (given how they perceive it's all gone tits up since they have beenn on their enforced leave of absence ) then maybe this is the opportune time for The Moustached one to be there to redress the balance and ensure there is a moral compass ,and decisions are taken that enshrine Sporting Integrity .
Anyone any contacts or heard anything that may indicate he would be in with a shout of getting this post
Hugh Keevins also mentioned his name and think they said C O. Was due to step down in a few weeks time

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Was listening to Radio Clyde last night ,and in the aftermath of the Josh Meekings debacle and way this has been mishandled by the Administration ,their were calls for heads to roll by some of the folk phoning in . During the discussion I heard a journalist Mark Guedie ( ?sounded like that ) said Cambelll Ogilvie would be stepping down from his post and a few people were mentioned as being in the running to get this ,one of which was Rod .
Could it be that Leeann has now shown she can be trusted ,and Farmer would be happy for Rod to be exerting influence at the top Echelons of Power .Could be a win win for us ,as Blackpool Hibs and others would be queuing up to buy Season Tickets :wink: , and with The Rangers openly stating they want to infiltrate top positions and take over (given how they perceive it's all gone tits up since they have beenn on their enforced leave of absence ) then maybe this is the opportune time for The Moustached one to be there to redress the balance and ensure there is a moral compass ,and decisions are taken that enshrine Sporting Integrity .
Anyone any contacts or heard anything that may indicate he would be in with a shout of getting this post
Hugh Keevins also mentioned his name and think they said C O. Was due to step down in a few weeks time

Just a small point here, but i have never said i won't buy another season ticket until Petrie is out the door. It really irks me that folk just assume things like this and make things up on this subject and others.

While i believe he's the root cause for our downfall as a club, i might be back with a season ticket if it was worth the time and effort, even if he was the bloody manager.

Keith_M
24-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Just a small point here, but i have never said i won't buy another season ticket until Petrie is out the door. It really irks me that folk just assume things like this and make things up on this subject and others.

While i believe he's the root cause for our downfall as a club, i would be back with a season ticket if it was worth the time and effort, even if he was the bloody manager.

:fishin:

:a bite:

:greengrin

CB_NO3
24-04-2015, 08:08 AM
If Rod goes, ill 100% buy shares.

DarlingtonHibee
24-04-2015, 08:27 AM

Bit confused by your logic - Rod is there at STF request, as Chairman his role is to ensure the club board have a plan for moving forward.

LD is CEO - running the business on a daily basis - didn't see her getting abuse after the semi like Rod would have got.

Rod will move to another role in time _ when STF hands over the club to someone he can trust.

Fan ownership was badly damaged by Pia, Kane, Reilly etc., and that will effect the club going forward.

If your not buying shares because of one individual, then that is your option, but in my view (as a shareholder) a bit narrow minded.

Ozyhibby
24-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Can't see how it will be good for scottish football having Petrie in charge.

andrew70
24-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Bit confused by your logic - Rod is there at STF request, as Chairman his role is to ensure the club board have a plan for moving forward.

LD is CEO - running the business on a daily basis - didn't see her getting abuse after the semi like Rod would have got.

Rod will move to another role in time _ when STF hands over the club to someone he can trust.

Fan ownership was badly damaged by Pia, Kane, Reilly etc., and that will effect the club going forward.

If your not buying shares because of one individual, then that is your option, but in my view (as a shareholder) a bit narrow minded.

:top marks

It's time for Hibs fans to put up or shut up in my opinion. The club have done or are doing everything that we ask, they are putting the wheels in motion towards a brighter future.

Two things must happen if the brighter future is to be realised.

1) Promotion - we need to get up or else it may set us back yet another couple of years.

2) Fan backing - the club needs as much backing as possible. In whatever way you can...

The whole club was in a state of disrepair and the work that Dempster, Craig, Stubbs et al have done, to this point, has been magnificent.

To move forward in bigger and better the ways the fans need to become supporters.

There's no point sitting back and hoping for something to happen, we need to make it happen.

CallumLaidlaw
24-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Buying shares will mean you can get Petrie out.

Ozyhibby
24-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Buying shares will mean you can get Petrie out.

Exactly, the minute we get to 51% we can get shot of him. We can also start asking serious questions about the way the whole of Scottish football is run. We will be a club where the fans have to be taken seriously and have to be reported back to.
It will bring a level of transparency to the game never seen before and will mak the people in charge very uncomfortable.
HSL is the way forward.

DarlingtonHibee
24-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Exactly, the minute we get to 51% we can get shot of him. We can also start asking serious questions about the way the whole of Scottish football is run. We will be a club where the fans have to be taken seriously and have to be reported back to.
It will bring a level of transparency to the game never seen before and will mak the people in charge very uncomfortable.
HSL is the way forward.

Rod resigns at 4 pm today - how will that help Hibs ?

Spike Mandela
24-04-2015, 10:17 AM

Rod doesn't resign at 4pm today - how does that help Hibs?

Big_Franck
24-04-2015, 10:53 AM

It would result in more fans through the door. I know of three, until recently season ticket holders, who are refusing to return until Petrie has left. I'm sure lots of others on this forum will know of people with the same attitude.

I don't think we are talking huge numbers, but any increase in attendances is welcome.

andrew70
24-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Rod doesn't resign at 4pm today - how does that help Hibs?

We continue building towards a better future rather than yet more unneccessary upheaval.

Rod has made mistakes, we know that, he knows that. He's there to do a job for STF now though and LD is in charge of the footballing side.

I'd also say that whilst mistakes have been made he's not solely to blame for why we are where we are. Would people have thanked him or other board members for another Scottish Cup Final had we managed to get past Falkirk?

No they wouldn't, it's very easy to lambast Petrie et al and I know it's swings and roundabouts but there's too many people with a lot to say about all things Hibs yet when it comes to the crunch they are nowhere to be seen unless we get to Hampden.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Seems to be a few people hiding behind the "I won't buy a season ticket, shares or go to games" until rods away blanket.......

Ozyhibby
24-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Seems to be a few people hiding behind the "I won't buy a season ticket, shares or go to games" until rods away blanket.......

I agree. It would be better if we took that blanket away.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I agree. It would be better if we took that blanket away.

There's no such blanket. You'll find a lot of them were at the semi final last week.......

GreenArmyyy!
24-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Anybody that says they won't return till Petrie is gone is just using excuses. I want Petrie out as much as the next person but your not trying to tell me these "supporters" wouldn't have been back if we had got to the final or were challenging for the league.

DarlingtonHibee
24-04-2015, 01:39 PM
It would result in more fans through the door. I know of three, until recently season ticket holders, who are refusing to return until Petrie has left. I'm sure lots of others on this forum will know of people with the same attitude.

I don't think we are talking huge numbers, but any increase in attendances is welcome.

What a load of bollocks - hibs fans support the team.

RP is there for many reasons.

Spike Mandela
24-04-2015, 01:48 PM

If he got knocked over by a bus tomorrow though I'm sure Hibs could still manage to function.

DarlingtonHibee
24-04-2015, 01:57 PM
If he got knocked over by a bus tomorrow though I'm sure Hibs could still manage to function.

Yes they would because of succession planning.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Because we don't need him at all. His presence gets folks backs up. Leanne is doing a great job and the sooner Petrie leaves the better for all involved. Or are we now just forgetting about all the ***** he put us through?

Spike Mandela
24-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Yes they would because of succession planning.

Certainly not success planning.:wink:

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 02:29 PM

No it's not, believe it or not there are people not willing to come back while he's here. Yes it may be petty but I know a couple who would return in a heart beat!

Just because some on Hibs Net don't think it doesn't mean it's not true.

RIP
24-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Exactly, the minute we get to 51% we can get shot of him.

We can also start asking serious questions about the way the whole of Scottish football is run. We will be a club where the fans have to be taken seriously and have to be reported back to. It will bring a level of transparency to the game never seen before and will mak the people in charge very uncomfortable.

HSL is the way forward.

Agree with your sentiments Ozy but the 51% is a messageboard myth, oft repeated but nevertheless untrue. Petrie has made sure that people loyal to him are deeply embedded in HSL. At Hibs fans hold a wide spectrum of opinions from the 'Petrie-out' brigade on the one side to the 'Rod is God' brigade on the other. Even if only 5-10% of new shareholders back Rod as Chairman we would need a two thirds shareholding in the club to be released in order to win a vote to remove him. The board will get additional supporter investment but we will only get a limited amount of supporter decision-making influence in return. There is one turkey who is planning to survive many Christmases to come.

hibees 7062
24-04-2015, 03:04 PM

AndyM_1875
24-04-2015, 03:29 PM

I don't buy it.

So lets say Rod leaves for his new blazer at Hampden and then what? An upsurge in folk attending or them just finding new reasons we can play excuses bingo with ..

It's freezing.
The pies are cauld.
Its too expensive.
I can sit in the pub.
I cannae be bothered.
It's raining.
......etc etc etc.

CB_NO3
24-04-2015, 03:36 PM

It is that individual who has made this club go backwards. Biggest failures in Scottish football? That will be us. The resources that this club have a far greater than most in Scotland. Am looking at the last 20 years as a whole.

I am so glad we have Dempster in. Finally someone that looks like she knows how to run a top football club.

One Day
24-04-2015, 03:44 PM
I don't buy it.

So lets say Rod leaves for his new blazer at Hampden and then what? An upsurge in folk attending or them just finding new reasons we can play excuses bingo with ..

It's freezing.
The pies are cauld.
Its too expensive.
I can sit in the pub.
I cannae be bothered.
It's raining.
......etc etc etc.

This........ Petrie goes then is some other excuse

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 03:50 PM
This........ Petrie goes then is some other excuse

Yep that's it... Everybody that says they won't be back until he's gone are lying. Every single one, no one will ever return again that's not going now.

Seriously, some people need to look at the bigger picture. I'm not saying for one min it's right to not come to a game because of one man. It's not stopped me but I know some who would come back if he left!

This is a man who's taken Hibs backwards and that is a fact! The proof is right there for all to see! He's ruined the relationship with the supporters and it's caused many to walk! Some will make other excuses yeah but some will return when he goes!

How anyone can still want this idiot at our club is beyond me it really is. Leeann Dempster is a breath of fresh air she really is. Petrie (Mr Smug) strolls around the place like he's done no wrong and you wonder why folk dislike the man.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 03:50 PM
It is that individual who has made this club go backwards. Biggest failures in Scottish football? That will be us. The resources that this club have a far greater than most in Scotland. Am looking at the last 20 years as a whole.

I am so glad we have Dempster in. Finally someone that looks like she knows how to run a top football club.

Well said!

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Petrie's presence at the club for me makes me angry, and whenever i think of him it makes me angry. I bet i'm not the only one who thinks that way, its not healthy for me or the club having this negative presence at the club.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Petrie's presence at the club for me makes me angry, and whenever i think of him it makes me angry. I bet i'm not the only one who thinks that way, its not healthy for me or the club having this negative presence at the club.

Makes two of us. Well prob hundreds to be honest but that's a .net myth 😄

Conrad Gray
24-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, however does RP not still need to be associated to a club to take this job?

One Day
24-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Yep that's it... Everybody that says they won't be back until he's gone are lying. Every single one, no one will ever return again that's not going now.

Seriously, some people need to look at the bigger picture. I'm not saying for one min it's right to not come to a game because of one man. It's not stopped me but I know some who would come back if he left!

This is a man who's taken Hibs backwards and that is a fact! The proof is right there for all to see! He's ruined the relationship with the supporters and it's caused many to walk! Some will make other excuses yeah but some will return when he goes!

How anyone can still want this idiot at our club is beyond me it really is. Leeann Dempster is a breath of fresh air she really is. Petrie (Mr Smug) strolls around the place like he's done no wrong and you wonder why folk dislike the man.

Exactly what I meant

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Exactly what I meant

Ok, I thought you were saying All would say that. Some will come back I've no doubt about that. Maybe not in the thousands but as long as they slowly come back then it will help the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day
24-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Ok, I thought you were saying All would say that. Some will come back I've no doubt about that. Maybe not in the thousands but as long as they slowly come back then it will help the club.

No problem. I should have made that clearer in my post

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 04:11 PM
No problem. I should have made that clearer in my post

I'm just frustrated mate at the amount of folk who seem to just dismiss the impact Petrie has on the support! Sorry if my post came across as a smart ass.

I think it would be great for Hibs if Petrie were to leave! He's been there long enough and really damaged the club in recent years.

Peevemor
24-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Does he get any credit for appointing Leeann Dempster and, together with the rest of the board, overseeing and sanctioning the changes that have been made including the debt reduction, supporter share issue, supporter board representation, etc.?

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Does he get any credit for appointing Leeann Dempster and, together with the rest of the board, overseeing and sanctioning the changes that have been made including the debt reduction, supporter share issue, supporter board representation, etc.?

Not from me, any good these appointments have will have to be done from the lowest point the club has been in my lifetime.

This is Rods legacy.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 05:16 PM

The board done well to get Leeann in. I'm convinced she's the one who's brought the new ideas etc.. Let's be honest Petrie had to strike it lucky at some point. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!!

FranckSuzy
24-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Apologies for my OCD/pedantry, but could one of the admins change the thread title to Ogilvie, please? :greengrin

Peevemor
24-04-2015, 05:53 PM
The board done well to get Leeann in. I'm convinced she's the one who's brought the new ideas etc.. Let's be honest Petrie had to strike it lucky at some point. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!!

Even though she said herself that a lot of the stuff was on the go before she joined? It also seems that anything he got right was luck, but when things went wrong it was RP's fault. Is that it?

superfurryhibby
24-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Even though she said herself that a lot of the stuff was on the go before she joined? It also seems that anything he got right was luck, but when things went wrong it was RP's fault. Is that it?

Well whose fault is it then?

Was it a bit of bad luck that we've had so many poor manegerial appointments, flirted with mediocrity and relegation several times before the inevitable?

Petrie's presence is an insult to the fans. He was found wanting and should now GTF.

Peevemor
24-04-2015, 06:14 PM
So many poor managerial appointments? Yep, Yogi and Mixu are doing crap eh? Fenlon got us to consecutive cup finals and mid table boredom. 95% of posters on here were screaming for the appointment of Butcher and his entire backroom staff (anything less would have proved Petrie's tight-fistedness apparently). Then there's JC, who despite having a very decent budget, signed some of the worst players ever to disgrace the shirt - yet he's still worshipped by some on here.

I give up.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Mixu wasn't a good manager, Fenlon drove fans away with some of the worst football in years. Calderwood what about him?

I also give up with folk who still can't see that this one man is stopping us moving forward as one.

Peevemor
24-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Where did Mixu have us in the table before he was hounded out by the "support"? Calderwood didn't work and was a weird appointment, but so was Alan Stubbs.

Big_Franck
24-04-2015, 06:26 PM
So many poor managerial appointments? Yep, Yogi and Mixu are doing crap eh? Fenlon got us to consecutive cup finals and mid table boredom. 95% of posters on here were screaming for the appointment of Butcher and his entire backroom staff (anything less would have proved Petrie's tight-fistedness apparently). Then there's JC, who despite having a very decent budget, signed some of the worst players ever to disgrace the shirt - yet he's still worshipped by some on here.

I give up.

I'm convinced you are either related to or are a close friend of rod petrie. IMO it's the only explanation for your defend rod petrie no matter what approach over the last few years. Your immediate counter argument to any criticism he receives on here is almost as predictable as ozyhibby's negative threads after we get beat.

emerald green
24-04-2015, 06:26 PM
If Petrie was to take over from Ogilvie, and that's a big if, does that mean Petrie would have to sell his shareholding in Hibernian FC?

I can never remember what his stake in Hibs is. Is it something like 10% of a certain percentage of the total shares in the club?

Mibbes Aye
24-04-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm convinced you are either related to or are a close friend of rod petrie. IMO it's the only explanation for your defend rod petrie no matter what approach over the last few years. Your immediate counter argument to any criticism he receives on here is almost as predictable as ozyhibby's negative threads after we get beat.

The funniest thing about your post is that Peevemor isn't really bothered about Petrie, in fact I reckon he would be happy to see him go too.

He just hates really poor arguments though. And frankly, the vast majority of the anti-Petrie arguments tend to be really poorly thought-out.

They aren't rational, they aren't logical, they're based on hindsight but don't afford RP the same luxury and a lot of them over the years have been based on absolute lies.

Funnily enough, the posters who've done that, when proved wrong, never came back on to admit they were wrong, they just found another (often made-up) stick to beat RP with.

Peevemor's not related to Petrie as far as I know. I reckon he just has a nose for bull**** arguments.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 06:34 PM
In the last 8 years we have gone from having an exciting free flowing football team the support couldnt wait to see, to a team playing football in the Championship.

It was not even as if we couldn't predict it, you could see with your own eyes week on week, month on month, year on year the decline in play and if you have not noticed yourself Peev, the decline in attendances.

All under the guidance of your messiah Petrie, funny how he's sacked or mutually consented Calderwood, Hughes, Mixu, Fenlon, and Butcher, yet the very man who appointed these failures is still here?

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Where did Mixu have us in the table before he was hounded out by the "support"? Calderwood didn't work and was a weird appointment, but so was Alan Stubbs.

Why was Stubbs a weird appointment? Calderwood has always been known to have an attitude problem. Stubbs is very well respected!

Mibbes Aye
24-04-2015, 06:42 PM
In the last 8 years we have gone from having an exciting free flowing football team the support couldnt wait to see, to a team playing football in the Championship.

It was not even as if we couldn't predict it, you could see with your own eyes week on week, month on month, year on year the decline in play and if you have not noticed yourself Peev, the decline in attendances.

All under the guidance of your messiah Petrie, funny how he's sacked or mutually consented Calderwood, Hughes, Mixu, Fenlon, and Butcher, yet the very man who appointed these failures is still here?

Nearly-perfect post, you just need to multiquote your reaction to the appointments of Calderwood, Hughes, Mixu, Fenlon and Butcher where you described how it was causing an inexorable decline in standards that would lead to relegation.

Oh hold on, that's right. You didn't.

You might claim that Petrie should have known better because that was his job. In which case you're admitting you don't really know all the ins and outs which means that your criticisms can't be treated that seriously.

When you have to suggest Petrie is Peevemor's 'messiah' you give the game away - lack of a credible argument so you play the man, not the ball :wink:

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 06:45 PM
The funniest thing about your post is that Peevemor isn't really bothered about Petrie, in fact I reckon he would be happy to see him go too.

He just hates really poor arguments though. And frankly, the vast majority of the anti-Petrie arguments tend to be really poorly thought-out.

They aren't rational, they aren't logical, they're based on hindsight but don't afford RP the same luxury and a lot of them over the years have been based on absolute lies.

Funnily enough, the posters who've done that, when proved wrong, never came back on to admit they were wrong, they just found another (often made-up) stick to beat RP with.

Peevemor's not related to Petrie as far as I know. I reckon he just has a nose for bull**** arguments.

Ok... Has Rod Petrie done his job properly past 8 years? Hire manager, managers ***** sack manager.

Crowds start to drop dramatically over the years because of his managerial appointments.

No idea why Peevemor keeps telling us the "fans" hounded out managers. Fans can see a bad product and the proof again is right in front of us.

Please tell me what is flawed with this?

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Nearly-perfect post, you just need to multiquote your reaction to the appointments of Calderwood, Hughes, Mixu, Fenlon and Butcher where you described how it was causing an inexorable decline in standards that would lead to relegation.

You might claim that Petrie should have known better because that was his job. In which case you're admitting you don't really know all the ins and outs which means that your criticisms can't be treated that seriously.

When you have to suggest Petrie is Peevemor's 'messiah' you give the game away - lack of a credible argument so you play the man, not the ball :wink:

Petrie hired and fired them, when does he become accountable while the support dwindle and the team play in the Championship?

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Petrie hired and fired them, when does he become accountable while the support dwindle and the team play in the Championship?

How dare you state facts G. 😁

Mibbes Aye
24-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Ok... Has Rod Petrie done his job properly past 8 years? Hire manager, managers ***** sack manager.

Crowds start to drop dramatically over the years because of his managerial appointments.

No idea why Peevemor keeps telling us the "fans" hounded out managers. Fans can see a bad product and the proof again is right in front of us.

Please tell me what is flawed with this?

You are both saying his job is to hire managers and to fire managers. Has he not done that?

Should he have left the position open? I remember when it was getting suggested he would do that to save money :greengrin

And are you saying he shouldn't have let managers go when he did? Really? You both were advocating for Mixu and the like to be kept on? Really?

The only sacking/consenting he maybe delayed was Calderwood, probably because he knew he had been bounced into going too early with Mixu.

What you are really trying to say is that he should carry the can for the managers not being successful. I would argue why you think they should have been successful. You will probably tell me it's because they had a decent budget, decent facilities and decent support - enough to be in the top four or whatever. Yet it's Petrie who had the lead in ensuring that budget and those facilities were available.

As I said, irrational arguments that use hindsight but don't grant Petrie that luxury.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 06:56 PM
You are both saying his job is to hire managers and to fire managers. Has he not done that?

Should he have left the position open? I remember when it was getting suggested he would do that to save money :greengrin

And are you saying he shouldn't have let managers go when he did? Really? You both were advocating for Mixu and the like to be kept on? Really?

The only sacking/consenting he maybe delayed was Calderwood, probably because he knew he had been bounced into going too early with Mixu.

What you are really trying to say is that he should carry the can for the managers not being successful. I would argue why you think they should have been successful. You will probably tell me it's because they had a decent budget, decent facilities and decent support - enough to be in the top four or whatever. Yet it's Petrie who had the lead in ensuring that budget and those facilities were available.

As I said, irrational arguments that use hindsight but don't grant Petrie that luxury.

I disagree, but thats fine. When does he become accountable then?

Big_Franck
24-04-2015, 06:57 PM

His constant, almost immediate defence of rod petrie when he is criticised on here suggests otherwise.

Mibbes Aye
24-04-2015, 07:01 PM

It's not really fine. You take potshots at someone who is trying to do what they think is best for Hibs (even if you disagree) free in the knowledge that you can run away from responsibility for your words. Your choice I guess.

As for Petrie, I guess he's accountable to us shareholders every AGM.

When do the folk who told lies about him become accountable? :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
24-04-2015, 07:03 PM
His constant, almost immediate defence of rod petrie when he is criticised on here suggests otherwise.

As I said to BH, why not play the ball instead of the man?

Instead of casting aspersions, why not just counter his argument?

Debate, rather than put-downs :dunno:

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 07:03 PM

Looks like he only becomes accountable if afforded the luxury of hindsight before he appoints :confused:

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 07:04 PM
It's not really fine. You take potshots at someone who is trying to do what they think is best for Hibs (even if you disagree) free in the knowledge that you can run away from responsibility for your words. Your choice I guess.

As for Petrie, I guess he's accountable to us shareholders every AGM.

When do the folk who told lies about him become accountable? :greengrin

What lies?

Pete
24-04-2015, 07:05 PM
What lies?

People were saying his moustache was fake.

Not true.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 07:05 PM
People were saying his moustache was fake.

[emoji23]

Liked that!!

Mibbes Aye
24-04-2015, 07:06 PM
What lies?

How far back do you want to go?

My personal favourites over the years were him and STF snaffling the car park money, that and them secretly holding the rights over the training centre, rather than it belonging to the club.

greenpaper55
24-04-2015, 07:06 PM

Just look at then league we are in and the position we are in and you have your credible argument !.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 07:10 PM
How far back do you want to go?

My personal favourites over the years were him and STF snaffling the car park money, that and them secretly holding the rights over the training centre, rather than it belonging to the club.
I think most reasonable people accepted these were not true .

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 07:11 PM
I think most reasonable people accepted these were not true .

Exactly.

Championship football because of the man who run the club. There is the argument no ifs or buts. Just real facts!!!

Big_Franck
24-04-2015, 07:13 PM
As I said to BH, why not play the ball instead of the man?

Instead of casting aspersions, why not just counter his argument?

Debate, rather than put-downs :dunno:

Because I believe it'd be a waste of time as he is either related to or a close friend of rod petrie. As such I don't think that he will ever accept that petrie played a huge part in our decline, no matter what happens to the club.

In the many years of reading posts on this forum I don't think I've ever seen him accept any criticism of petrie, regardless of the issue being discussed. You would only do that so staunchly over a number of years if you knew the person involved in my opinion.

Peevemor
24-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Because I believe it'd be a waste of time as he is either related to or a close friend of rod petrie. As such I don't think that he will ever accept that petrie played a huge part in our decline, no matter what happens to the club.

In the many years of reading posts on this forum I don't think I've ever seen him accept any criticism of petrie, no matter the issue being discussed. You would only do that so staunchly over a number of years if you knew the person involved in my opinion.

You're wrong on all counts.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Exactly.

Championship football because of the man who run the club. There is the argument no ifs or buts. Just real facts!!!

And God forbid if we do get stuck in the Championship for a second season in a row some people would still say it had nothing to do with Petrie He is like Teflon Nothing Sticks .:rolleyes:

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 07:19 PM
You're wrong on all counts.

Do you think he should continue with Hibs? if so why?

Peevemor
24-04-2015, 07:29 PM
No and I've already said so on numerous occasions. I also signed the .net petition. However, I'll never agree that RP's presence is a valid reason for not going to matches.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 07:30 PM
No and I've already said so on numerous occasions. I also signed the .net petition. However, I'll never agree that RP's presence is a valid reason for not going to matches.

It wouldn't stop me going that's for sure, but I won't have a pop at the ones who's had enough of him.

Kato
24-04-2015, 09:12 PM

No.

Far far too late.

He should have been out as soon as the last brick of the East Stand was laid.

He also should have been ousted after the catastrophe of the whole Calderwood thing, which showed he just doesn't understand football.

Eyrie
24-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Petrie's job wasn't to fire managers, it was to appoint the right manager in the first place so that we would be successful and would need to replace the manager because he'd been headhunted for a big job down south rather than fired because he was a poor appointment.

It's in Dempster's hands now and, other than announcing the share issue, Petrie has kept a very low public profile.

silverhibee
24-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Has he left yet. :taxi for Petrie.

lord bunberry
25-04-2015, 01:45 AM
Petrie has been the man in charge of a club that has failed, if he had any dignity he would've walked away from the club when we were relegated.

rcarter1
25-04-2015, 05:47 AM
No.

Far far too late.

He should have been out as soon as the last brick of the East Stand was laid.

He also should have been ousted after the catastrophe of the whole Calderwood thing, which showed he just doesn't understand football.

Clubs around about us have been smirking at the own goals we have managed in the last few years. If Hearts weren't so laughably shambolic at the time, we may have been more proactive about our own situation? I would give Petrie an ounce of credit for getting Leanne in, although who is to say he had much to do with it?

green day
25-04-2015, 07:16 AM
Has he left yet. :taxi for Petrie.

Please, please, please!!!!

Keith_M
25-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Apologies for my OCD/pedantry, but could one of the admins change the thread title to Ogilvie, please? :greengrin

I would like to second this request.

Who the hell is Campbell Ogilnie?

Ronniekirk
25-04-2015, 08:34 AM
I would like to second this request.

Who the hell is Campbell Ogilnie?

You mean you have never heard of him :rolleyes: