PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie or Robertson?

KeithTheHibby
23-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Do we need both of these guys playing? They are very similar type of player.

With Allan a shoe in to return on Saturday who drops out? It will probably be Boyle however with that goes any kind of width our midfield has.

It's a tough one for Stubbs however I think the midfield suffers when both of these guys play as we lack width.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Fyvie can't be dropped. He's been excellent recently.

Stokesy's on fire
23-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Do we need both of these guys playing? They are very similar type of player.

With Allan a shoe in to return on Saturday who drops out? It will probably be Boyle however with that goes any kind of width our midfield has.

It's a tough one for Stubbs however I think the midfield suffers when both of these guys play as we lack width.

Yes we need them both a strong depth in our squad will do nicely

Smartie
23-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Some of Robertson's distribution was very poor last night (same for a few of our players).

He'd drop out for me.

Although Stubbs may go for the diamond again and drop a centre-half.

cabbage_88
23-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Definitely need both IMO. Fyvie has been superb since he's signed and Robertson has been one of our most consistent players all season. Wouldn't know who to drop of we are still going to be playing the 3-5-2. Decent headache for the manager to have

lucky
23-04-2015, 12:56 PM
I think it will be McGeough that will drops out

Stewboy
23-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Really?????

Wotherspiniesta
23-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Wouldn''t drop Boyle anyway, he's been excellent at RWB.

Jones28
23-04-2015, 04:31 PM
I'd drop a defender and go 3-5-2

Big_Franck
23-04-2015, 04:39 PM

No chance IMO. I think we'll go back to 442 with the midfield diamond of robertson, fyvie, mcgeouch and allan.

Anyone know how long watson and gray are from returning? Would be great to have more options for falkirk.

Scooter
23-04-2015, 05:05 PM
I'd drop a defender and go 3-5-2

Eh???
That's what he's been playing

Franck Stanton
23-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Wouldn''t drop Boyle anyway, he's been excellent at RWB.

Excellent ? Really ? Suppose it is all about opinions, but to me he just isn't good enough. Especially last night, thought he was very poor.

Matty_Jack04
23-04-2015, 05:29 PM
No chance IMO. I think we'll go back to 442 with the midfield diamond of robertson, fyvie, mcgeouch and allan.

Anyone know how long watson and gray are from returning? Would be great to have more options for falkirk.

To go back to 442 I'd rather Forster was RB than Boyle, I think boyles been good at RWB but playing a flat back 4 we'd need a proper defender there

lucky
23-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Really?????

If Hibs play 3-5-2 I can't see how Dylan gets in the team. Boyle is more suited to the RWB role. But if we go 4-4-2 then Foster to RB and Boyle drops out. Questions over who starts up front as Malonga must come into the reckoning.

Wotherspiniesta
23-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Excellent ? Really ? Suppose it is all about opinions, but to me he just isn't good enough. Especially last night, thought he was very poor.

Yes, excellent. I was a bit worried to see him pitched in to that position against Hearts, bu thought his energy levels were brilliant. I thought we missed him in the semi aswell.

Last night I thought he played well too, maybe I'm just not a grumpy auld git though :greengrin

ancient hibee
23-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I think Boyle is hopeless.What is the point in having a lot of pace if you do absolutely zero with the ball.

bingo70
23-04-2015, 07:00 PM
I think Boyle is hopeless.What is the point in having a lot of pace if you do absolutely zero with the ball.

I think there's a place for him as a winger, forwards with pace always cause problems. As a wing back though, I can't see it, he inevitably gets the ball too deep and he's not got the ability or technique to deliver crosses from deep so he's a waste of a Jersey in that position imo.

B.H.F.C
23-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Yes, excellent. I was a bit worried to see him pitched in to that position against Hearts, bu thought his energy levels were brilliant. I thought we missed him in the semi aswell.

Last night I thought he played well too, maybe I'm just not a grumpy auld git though :greengrin

Hearts was the one good game he played in the position, IMO. Poor at Dumbarton. Never picked anyone out at all last night despite being in numerous good positions.

Bishop Hibee
23-04-2015, 07:37 PM
If Hibs play 3-5-2 I can't see how Dylan gets in the team. Boyle is more suited to the RWB role. But if we go 4-4-2 then Foster to RB and Boyle drops out. Questions over who starts up front as Malonga must come into the reckoning.

For me it's Allan, McGeoch and A.N. Other for the centre positions on a 3-5-2. I'd play the same team as Wednesday except Allan in for Fyvie. The sooner Gray and Watson are back the better.

Winston Ingram
23-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Both. Robertson has been excellent this season

keep the faith
23-04-2015, 09:03 PM
For me it's Allan, McGeoch and A.N. Other for the centre positions on a 3-5-2. I'd play the same team as Wednesday except Allan in for Fyvie. The sooner Gray and Watson are back the better.

You would drop Fyvie???

Him and Allan are are our lynchpins IMO.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2015, 09:18 PM
You would drop Fyvie???

Him and Allan are are our lynchpins IMO.

Fyvie was motm last night. Agreed, should not be dropped