PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Share Issue - Current Status

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 08:02 AM
What's the current status of Hibs' Share Issue?

I've read a few things on here about various individuals and groups buying shares but it sounds like it's only a tiny percentage of the circa £2M made available.

Has it actually been a flop or am I misreading things?

Anybody know?

Ozyhibby
23-04-2015, 09:10 AM
Don't know but it could do with a shot in the arm marketing wise. To be fair to the club though, focusing on promotion will be taking up everyone's time.
The Summer months would be a good time to really push this.

BroxburnHibee
23-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Share issue was always going to be a long term thing.

Bostonhibby
23-04-2015, 10:02 AM

I've read a few things on here about various individuals and groups buying shares but it sounds like it's only a tiny percentage of the circa £2M made available.

Anybody know?
The fans reps on the board might be able to update on the number of shares sold? HSL should know what cash they have to buy with and the amount currently bought. I'd like to know as well

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 10:05 AM
The fans reps on the board might be able to update on the number of shares sold? HSL should know what cash they have to buy with and the amount currently bought. I'd like to know as well

It would be nice to know the figures so far.

The fact that nobody at Hibs has mentioned this for a while suggests to me that it's not going too well.

I'd be delighted to be wrong, though.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2015, 10:10 AM
If they had been flying off the shelves Hibs would be making a big deal of it ... this is looking like a marathon rather than a sprint, but I don't see anything wrong with that TBH. Its not a club saving exercise after all.

Ozyhibby
23-04-2015, 10:15 AM
If they had been flying off the shelves Hibs would be making a big deal of it ... this is looking like a marathon rather than a sprint, but I don't see anything wrong with that TBH. Its not a club saving exercise after all.

While that is true, the more people who have signed up, the bigger Alan Stubbs's budget will be next season.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2015, 10:33 AM
While that is true, the more people who have signed up, the bigger Alan Stubbs's budget will be next season.

I've bought shares and renewed my season ticket ..... I'm a good wee Hibby :clapper:

Albanian Hibs
23-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Paul Kane told one of my Dad's mates on Saturday that we had only sold £120k worth of shares.

NYHibby
23-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Paul Kane told one of my Dad's mates on Saturday that we had only sold £120k worth of shares.

Yes because Paul Kane would have first hand knowledge of the figure.

BroxburnHibee
23-04-2015, 12:27 PM

Paul Kane of BuyHibs?

I'm sure there's no agenda there........

Salt N Sauzee
23-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Yes because Paul Kane would have first hand knowledge of the figure.

:top marks

RIP
23-04-2015, 01:09 PM
As others have said, we didn't have the burning bush of saving our club from liquidation.

Motherwell Model
In 2011 Leeann worked with Motherwell owner John Boyle to set up the Well Society, a corporate-designed model to obtain more supporter investment in the club and facilitate an exit strategy for Boyle. A further move was made to transfer shares into a fans vehicle to take it forward but this enterprise has failed to meet the requisite funding targets.

Kilmarnock Model
In 2014, Rod's close ally at Killie, Michael Johnston was faced with a challenge from fans groups who had support from SDS under the banner of the Killie Community Working Party. The KCWP/SDS partnership posed a strong threat to Johnston's power base as owner and so he faced this off with his own scheme. He put together his own corporate 'Community' proposition offering seats on the board in return for business investment.

Board controlled change
Both these schemes were created to generate much needed investment rather than achieve a radical transfer of ownership. Rod recruited Leeann, studied the Killie and Motherwell models, tweaked them a bit then worked behind the scenes with members of the Hibs-supporting business community to set up HSL. He also worked with Johnston, Doncaster and others to sack the SDS director thus destablising the fans-led schemes

Evolution - not revolution
With the HSL model, investors put in cash to a company owned by Sir Tom Farmer, the current chairman and run by the board. Petrie has effectively been replaced by Leeann in terms of the day to day running of the club. This was badly needed as Rod was trying (and failing) to fulfill both the chairman's role and the CEO. We have two additional supporters on the board (We already had 6) and these 2 have been democratically elected by fans. The club is still evolving under Leeann's leadership but to be honest, full community ownership still seems a long, long way off - if indeed it will ever be realised. Farmer and Petrie still hold all the power and do not look likely to transfer that over any time soon.

GreenPJ
23-04-2015, 01:39 PM
As others have said, we didn't have the burning bush of saving our club from liquidation.

Motherwell Model
In 2011 Leeann worked with Motherwell owner John Boyle to set up the Well Society, a corporate-designed model to obtain more supporter investment in the club and facilitate an exit strategy for Boyle. A further move was made to transfer shares into a fans vehicle to take it forward but this enterprise has failed to meet the requisite funding targets.

Kilmarnock Model
In 2014, Rod's close ally at Killie, Michael Johnston was faced with a challenge from fans groups who had support from SDS under the banner of the Killie Community Working Party. The KCWP/SDS partnership posed a strong threat to Johnston's power base as owner and so he faced this off with his own scheme. He put together his own corporate 'Community' proposition offering seats on the board in return for business investment.

Board controlled change
Both these schemes were created to generate much needed investment rather than achieve a radical transfer of ownership. Rod recruited Leeann, studied the Killie and Motherwell models, tweaked them a bit then worked behind the scenes with members of the Hibs-supporting business community to set up HSL. He also worked with Johnston, Doncaster and others to sack the SDS director thus destablising the fans-led schemes

With the HSL model, investors put in cash to a company owned by Sir Tom Farmer, the current chairman and run by the board. Petrie has effectively been replaced by Leeann in terms of the day to day running of the club. This was badly needed as Rod was trying (and failing) to fulfill both the chairman's role and the CEO. We have two additional supporters on the board (We already had 6) and these 2 have been democratically elected by fans. The club is still evolving under Leeann's leadership but to be honest, full community ownership still seems a long, long way off - if indeed it will ever be realised. Farmer and Petrie still hold all the power and do not look likely to transfer that over any time soon.

Eh they could hand over the power tomorrow if fans bought shares or into HSL - I invested at the first opportunity into HSL I hope it works but we are at the stage of put up or shut up - we know the solution its up to people if they want to invest in it enough to change the status quo.

Geo_1875
23-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Motherwell Model

Kilmarnock Model

Board controlled change

They have already stated that they'd sell the club to the right people. I'm glad they didn't sell to any of the "bidders" who appeared over the last year.

They've also been constrained by the new rules on selling unlisted shares so any transfer to fan ownership is bound to be a long process.

I'm not a fan of fan ownership but it's the only game in town so I've joined HSL and bought some more shares on my own.

As the offer is open until August(?) I think it's a bit early to declare the scheme a success or a failure.

marinello59
23-04-2015, 01:52 PM

This is a long term project. If we have already sold £120k worth of shares then that's a large lump of additional revenue raised already. That should be celebrated rather than dismissed as 'only' one hundred and twenty thousand quid.

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2015, 02:10 PM
This is a long term project. If we have already sold £120k worth of shares then that's a large lump of additional revenue raised already. That should be celebrated rather than dismissed as 'only' one hundred and twenty thousand quid.

Indeed.

On a 3 year contract, that's an extra £800 per week. Not to be sneered at.

Ozyhibby
23-04-2015, 02:11 PM
£120k is not too bad as the money mostly comes in in monthly instalments.
Obviously a few will have just paid the £220 up front.

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2015, 02:40 PM

No offence to you, but Kano is not privvy to the information of how many shares have been sold.... Pure conjecture on his part

Andy74
23-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Nice touch today, I got a call from Frank Dougan to check out how my share application is coming along. Mine is in hand but great idea for a Director to pick up the phone and speak to people who maybe registered but haven't followed up.

Well done Frank. It was nice to have a wee chat with him about the game last night and how he is enjoying his role.

matty_f
23-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Nice touch today, I got a call from Frank Dougan to check out how my share application is coming along. Mine is in hand but great idea for a Director to pick up the phone and speak to people who maybe registered but haven't followed up.

Well done Frank. It was nice to have a wee chat with him about the game last night and how he is enjoying his role.

Great touch. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Well, well, well - better than 'well actually ...

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fans-stake-in-hibs-now-best-of-major-clubs-1-3752934

Ronniekirk
24-04-2015, 07:25 AM

Anybody know?

Was always going to be a slow burner this one IMO given where our club has been over the past seven years and launching it when in the Championship etc Think if it was doing really well they would be publicising it .If we had reached Cup Final and got ( get ) promotion think there would be a kind of relaunch of this .But at the present time we have probably got on board those that were really up for it and they now need to find a way to entice others who in principle were for it but have yet to committ to putting the money up .

Bostonhibby
24-04-2015, 07:31 AM

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fans-stake-in-hibs-now-best-of-major-clubs-1-3752934

So it sounds like funds raised from the initial activity is already around double the figure being bandied about based on hearsay? If the HSL contribution schemes continue to be honoured it can only go upwards.

Keith_M
24-04-2015, 07:40 AM

Somebody at Hibs obviously decided to respond to this thread then :greengrin

Anyway, sounds a bit more encouraging, and I love the dig at hearts, where Ann Budge is the current major shareholder.

....funnily enough, it doesn't mention the second largest Shareholder, Ms Goncalves :wink:

Arch Stanton
24-04-2015, 07:46 AM

Assuming that's about 50k a month then the fans will control the club in about 40 years - what's wrong with that?

green day
24-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Assuming that's about 50k a month then the fans will control the club in about 40 years - what's wrong with that?

Months surely?

CropleyWasGod
24-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Apart from the arithmetic? ;-)

Joking aside, IMO the control aspect is probably less important than the financial one. 50k per month, if that's what it is, is pretty good going. It won't last at that pace, of course, but it's a good bump to the kitty.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 07:59 AM

Has he ever got anything right on this subject?

Arch Stanton
24-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Apart from the arithmetic? ;-)

Joking aside, IMO the control aspect is probably less important than the financial one. 50k per month, if that's what it is, is pretty good going. It won't last at that pace, of course, but it's a good bump to the kitty.

Indeed, I have to agree with you on both points. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Somebody at Hibs obviously decided to respond to this thread then :greengrin

Anyway, sounds a bit more encouraging, and I love the dig at hearts, where Ann Budge is the current major shareholder.

....funnily enough, it doesn't mention the second largest Shareholder, Ms Goncalves :wink:
Forgot about her-the romanov link- wonder why she kept the shares and what they can actually do about her, or like their other recent inconvenient truths are they hoping someone will make it all go away because they are "the famous"? If the yams keep on paying their dd's then one day she might be bigger than budgie and their largest single shareholder [emoji1]

Keith_M
24-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Forgot about her-the romanov link- wonder why she kept the shares and what they can actually do about her, or like their other recent inconvenient truths are they hoping someone will make it all go away because they are "the famous"? If the yams keep on paying their dd's then one day she might be bigger than budgie and their largest single shareholder [emoji1]

:agree:

Wouldn't that be funny; Romanov's niece, the largest single shareholder at Tynecastle.

Sergio sledge
24-04-2015, 08:44 AM

If it was £2.5m to get to a 51% stake, and 1% was already owned by fans, then it is 50k per % fan owned. This means HSL have handed over £175k and existing shareholders have handed over £235k already to take us to the 10% fan owned. An extra £410k in the coffers so far is excellent in the 2.5 months since the share issue was launched.

Brightside
24-04-2015, 08:48 AM

Assuming Paul Kane actually said this ...he really needs to step away now. I also saw that our local boxing club were stirring things about STF being a puppet master again.

Ozyhibby
24-04-2015, 08:52 AM
If it was £2.5m to get to a 51% stake, and 1% was already owned by fans, then it is 50k per % fan owned. This means HSL have handed over £175k and existing shareholders have handed over £235k already to take us to the 10% fan owned. An extra £410k in the coffers so far is excellent in the 2.5 months since the share issue was launched.

Agree 100%.
It's an excellent start, better than I thought. Looks like there was a desire among the support for fan ownership after all. There are still lots of people to sign up still, so plenty of room to make this a massive success.

Ozyhibby
24-04-2015, 08:55 AM

1% is £25k so you need to half your figures.

Ignore that, I was having a brain freeze.

FranckSuzy
24-04-2015, 09:20 AM

Motherwell Model

Kilmarnock Model

Board controlled change

Certain groups did a pretty good of "destabilising" their own campaigns, IMHO....

There was also the small matter of the unauthorised use of the official Hibs badge in documentation :wink:

marinello59
24-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Certain groups did a pretty good of "destabilising" their own campaigns, IMHO....

There was also the small matter of the unauthorised use of the official Hibs badge in documentation :wink:

I think RIP just made up the bit that you highlighted.

green&left
24-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Agree 100%.
It's an excellent start, better than I thought. Looks like there was a desire among the support for fan ownership after all. There are still lots of people to sign up still, so plenty of room to make this a massive success.

HSL is open until August isn't it?

I'll be joining 1st June once a potentially very expensive May football wise is out the way. As will one or two others I know.

:flag:

Ozyhibby
24-04-2015, 09:52 AM

I'll be joining 1st June once a potentially very expensive May football wise is out the way. As will one or two others I know.

Don't think it closes to be honest but I could be wrong.

Sergio sledge
24-04-2015, 09:58 AM
He also worked with Johnston, Doncaster and others to sack the SDS director thus destablising the fans-led schemes

You just made this up didn't you?

FranckSuzy
24-04-2015, 10:01 AM

That's another way of putting it :wink:

Leithenhibby
24-04-2015, 10:12 AM

It's planned to close on 31st Aug, for the club, but the club may choose to do a second issue!...

HSL can buy shares after the end of August, and for as long as they (shares) are available. :aok:

GreenPJ
24-04-2015, 10:31 AM

Is it? I thought if shares were bought directly there was not the same guarantee as with HSL that it would be spent on sporting ambition?

Geo_1875
24-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Is it? I thought if shares were bought directly there was not the same guarantee as with HSL that it would be spent on sporting ambition?

All money raised from the share issue is to be used to further sporting ambition.

RIP
24-04-2015, 11:15 AM

We have never met yet you know me well enough to suggest I am a liar? I've been called many names in the past seven decades but liar isn't one of them.

Have a good day son

GreenPJ
24-04-2015, 11:47 AM
All money raised from the share issue is to be used to further sporting ambition.

OK good to know I thought it was only the HSL monies that were guanteed for that.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2015, 12:21 PM
We have never met yet you know me well enough to suggest I am a liar? I've been called many names in the past seven decades but liar isn't one of them.

Have a good day son
Blummin' eck G - 7 decades - you're hiding that well!

Pretty Boy
24-04-2015, 12:27 PM

:tee hee:

RIP
24-04-2015, 02:27 PM
You just made this up didn't you?

Sadly no Sergio

Jumping to their tune
But I'm not surprised that some of our business-loyal posters believe club chairmen to be unimpeachable. The unconstrained conduct of the power brokers at the top of the game is one of the many reasons why Scottish Football needs a huge shakeup by the Scottish Government. True supporter democracy terrifies them, that's why any supporter involvement in the running of our clubs has to be on their terms only. When fans argue amongst themselves, this only plays further into their hands. We have been letting them away with 'divide and rule' for years. Only unity and solidarity gives fans a real say in the running of the game. In the aftermath of relegation we had a chance of 'working together' but despite our efforts, territorial wars broke out, honorable Hibbies were subject to social media trolling and the support was fractured.

Supporter investment with minimum devolution
In 2012 and 2013 our board were actively talking to LWT subject matter experts about bond schemes to generate investment. But then the Rangers bond went belly up and those type of schemes became discredited. They then looked at the Motherwell model which at the time appeared to be the way forward for beleagured owners/chairmen to perform an exit strategy. Our board studied the Well Society, agreed to tweak it and brought Leeann in to oversee implementation under their 'winds of Change' programme. Groups like SDS were lobbying the football and government authorities to give supporters the right to buy their clubs under a more democratic community interest model. This put them in direct opposition with Boyle, Johnston and then Petrie who wanted supporters to invest their money without any credible decision-making power.

Preparing the ground
Throughout 2013 and in anticipation of introducing Leeann and a supporter investment model to Easter Road, Petrie was in dialogue with corporate business-minded Hibbies like McPherson, Skellett and Adie. Adie and Smith then quickly put together a credible 'Well Society-type' proposition and launch was imminent when Forever Hibernian, Skellett and then Buy Hibs threw their hats into the ring. Petrie had the option of talking to groups who wanted him away or sticking with a corporate-friendly party who would get the supporters on side whilst keeping Petrie in role. With an able CEO in post to perform behind the scenes negotiations that situation was only ever going to produce one outcome and within a few months HSL was born with the smart and likeable Jim Adie / Gordon Smith at the helm working closely with the Hibs board.

SDS
Sadly, one casualty was the SDS director who had been invited in to bring all supporters groups around the same table in the same way as he had done successfully at the Pink Bus Shelter and Dunfermline. One of the groups tipped people off that Johnston and Petrie (if not Dempster) were already gunning for him. They were soon to demand that the Doncaster and Regan remove his funding in order to destroy his campaign for supporter-led community ownership. Advising Scottish Football fans one minute - out of a job the next. I understand we are the only country in Europe that doesn't have an independently funded supporters organisation acting on our behalf. With corporate power abused in this way that seems hardly surprising.

Petrie must go
I applaud the sincere efforts of Jim, Gordon and the HSL guys. Our family don't have money to invest atm but if we did, it would be more enthusiastically offered on the basis of a Petrie AGM commitment to stand down as chairman. He brought this club to it's knees in the past 7 years with his gross mismanagement and last year blotted his copybook further in my eyes in order to hang on to power. I'm a huge admirer of Leeann Dempster, Garry, Wendy, Stubbsy, his rebuilt squad, WT groups, HSA and our fantastic supporters. I will always love my club, our history, our heritage. But that man is an absolute disgrace to the traditions of Hibernian and the sooner he is away from the helm of our club the better for Hibs and Scottish Football. Unfortunately it looks like he may end up running the game in this country and if so - heaven help us all.

GGTTH

RIP
24-04-2015, 02:30 PM

I got my first Hibs scarf in 1959 Iain. This is 2015. Free bus pass next year. :greengrin

greenlex
24-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Sadly no Sergio

Jumping to their tune
But I'm not surprised that some of our business-loyal posters believe club chairmen to be unimpeachable. The unconstrained conduct of the power brokers at the top of the game is one of the many reasons why Scottish Football needs a huge shakeup by the Scottish Government. True supporter democracy terrifies them, that's why any supporter involvement in the running of our clubs has to be on their terms only. When fans argue amongst themselves, this only plays further into their hands. We have been letting them away with 'divide and rule' for years. Only unity and solidarity gives fans a real say in the running of the game. In the aftermath of relegation we had a chance of 'working together' but despite our efforts, territorial wars broke out, honorable Hibbies were subject to social media trolling and the support was fractured. IIRC some supporters groups refused to have dialogue with the board? They then waged a ridiculous campaign to discredit said board.

In 2012 and 2013 our board were actively talking to LWT subject matter experts about bond schemes to generate investment. But then the Rangers bond went belly up and those type of schemes became discredited. They then looked at the Motherwell model which at the time appeared to be the way forward for beleagured owners/chairmen to perform an exit strategy. Our board studied the Well Society, agreed to tweak it and brought Leeann in to oversee implementation under their 'winds of Change' programme. Groups like SDS were lobbying the football and government authorities to give supporters the right to buy their clubs under a more democratic community interest model. This put them in direct opposition with Boyle, Johnston and then Petrie who wanted supporters to invest their money without any credible decision-making power. Supporters could gain control tomorrow if enough of them invest? We already have two board members too.

Preparing the ground
Throughout 2013 and in anticipation of introducing Leeann and a supporter investment model to Easter Road, Petrie was in dialogue with corporate business-minded Hibbies like McPherson, Skellett and Adie. Adie and Smith then quickly put together a credible 'Well Society-type' proposition and launch was imminent when Forever Hibernian, Skellett and then Buy Hibs threw their hats into the ring. Petrie had the option of talking to groups who wanted him away or sticking with a corporate-friendly party who would get the supporters on side whilst keeping Petrie in role. With an able CEO in post to perform behind the scenes negotiations that situation was only ever going to produce one outcome and within a few months HSL was born with the smart and likeable Jim Adie / Gordon Smith at the helm working closely with the Hibs board. Again it was some supporters groups that were anti Petrie that refused to sit down with the board IIRC

SDS
Sadly, one casualty was the SDS director who had been invited in to bring all supporters groups around the same table in the same way as he had done successfully at the Pink Bus Shelter and Dunfermline. One of the groups tipped people off that Johnston and Petrie (if not Dempster) were already gunning for him. They were soon to demand that the Doncaster and Regan remove his funding in order to destroy his campaign for supporter-led community ownership. Advising Scottish Football fans one minute - out of a job the next. I understand we are the only country in Europe that doesn't have an independently funded supporters organisation acting on our behalf. With corporate power abused in this way that seems hardly surprising.

Petrie must go
I applaud the sincere efforts of Jim, Gordon and the HSL guys. Our family don't have money to invest atm but if we did, it would be more enthusiastically offered on the basis of a Petrie AGM commitment to stand down as chairman. He brought this club to it's knees in the past 7 years with his gross mismanagement and last year blotted his copybook further in my eyes in order to hang on to power. I'm a huge admirer of Leeann Dempster, Garry, Wendy, Stubbsy, his rebuilt squad, WT groups, HSA and our fantastic supporters. I will always love my club, our history, our heritage. But that man is an absolute disgrace to the traditions of Hibernian and the sooner he is away from the helm of our club the better for Hibs and Scottish Football. Unfortunately it looks like he may end up running the game in this country and if so - heaven help us all. I agree he has outstayed his welcome by about two or three years. Im not so sure he wouldn't be good for the game in general. If he was to get a role time will tell.

GGTTH.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 03:20 PM
It's planned to close on 31st Aug, for the club, but the club may choose to do a second issue!...

HSL can buy shares after the end of August, and for as long as they (shares) are available. :aok:

It may run longer than 31st August, it is up to the discretion of the Club though

marinello59
24-04-2015, 03:22 PM

Have a good day son
I'm not calling you a liar.
But your spin on that and in your follow up post is remarkable. Publish your evidence here if you are so sure of your facts. Otherwise your allegations are worthless.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 04:00 PM

Half way correct :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Good to see the pick up improving......All the money from both HSL and share issue, goes into sporting fund, it would be great if anyone who is swithering about buying shares, decides to invest....It may just make all the difference in keeping certain players who are out of contract?

Gerard
24-04-2015, 05:02 PM

RIP looks about 5 decades:wink::greengrin

FranckSuzy
24-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Sadly no Sergio

Jumping to their tune
But I'm not surprised that some of our business-loyal posters believe club chairmen to be unimpeachable. The unconstrained conduct of the power brokers at the top of the game is one of the many reasons why Scottish Football needs a huge shakeup by the Scottish Government. True supporter democracy terrifies them, that's why any supporter involvement in the running of our clubs has to be on their terms only. When fans argue amongst themselves, this only plays further into their hands. We have been letting them away with 'divide and rule' for years. Only unity and solidarity gives fans a real say in the running of the game. In the aftermath of relegation we had a chance of 'working together' but despite our efforts, territorial wars broke out, honorable Hibbies were subject to social media trolling and the support was fractured.

In 2012 and 2013 our board were actively talking to LWT subject matter experts about bond schemes to generate investment. But then the Rangers bond went belly up and those type of schemes became discredited. They then looked at the Motherwell model which at the time appeared to be the way forward for beleagured owners/chairmen to perform an exit strategy. Our board studied the Well Society, agreed to tweak it and brought Leeann in to oversee implementation under their 'winds of Change' programme. Groups like SDS were lobbying the football and government authorities to give supporters the right to buy their clubs under a more democratic community interest model. This put them in direct opposition with Boyle, Johnston and then Petrie who wanted supporters to invest their money without any credible decision-making power.

Preparing the ground
Throughout 2013 and in anticipation of introducing Leeann and a supporter investment model to Easter Road, Petrie was in dialogue with corporate business-minded Hibbies like McPherson, Skellett and Adie. Adie and Smith then quickly put together a credible 'Well Society-type' proposition and launch was imminent when Forever Hibernian, Skellett and then Buy Hibs threw their hats into the ring. Petrie had the option of talking to groups who wanted him away or sticking with a corporate-friendly party who would get the supporters on side whilst keeping Petrie in role. With an able CEO in post to perform behind the scenes negotiations that situation was only ever going to produce one outcome and within a few months HSL was born with the smart and likeable Jim Adie / Gordon Smith at the helm working closely with the Hibs board.

SDS

Petrie must go
I applaud the sincere efforts of Jim, Gordon and the HSL guys. Our family don't have money to invest atm but if we did, it would be more enthusiastically offered on the basis of a Petrie AGM commitment to stand down as chairman. He brought this club to it's knees in the past 7 years with his gross mismanagement and last year blotted his copybook further in my eyes in order to hang on to power. I'm a huge admirer of Leeann Dempster, Garry, Wendy, Stubbsy, his rebuilt squad, WT groups, HSA and our fantastic supporters. I will always love my club, our history, our heritage. But that man is an absolute disgrace to the traditions of Hibernian and the sooner he is away from the helm of our club the better for Hibs and Scottish Football. Unfortunately it looks like he may end up running the game in this country and if so - heaven help us all.

GGTTH

Funny you should mention "territorial wars" as those were the very reason I stopped going to Working Together meetings.....

PatHead
24-04-2015, 09:06 PM
I got my form stamped and submitted a few weeks ago but haven't got around to returning it yet. Today I got a phone call from Frank Dougan in his Hibs Directors hat asking if I was still intending to invest.

Good to see the club being proactive. Now where is that form/prospectus?

Anyone else had a call?

nonshinyfinish
25-04-2015, 10:39 AM

It may run longer than 31st August, it is up to the discretion of the Club though

In an attempt to clear this up:

The share issue is set to close to individuals on 31st August, i.e. people buying shares direct with an IFA's blessing and all that (although the board can extend it if they want to).

HSL have an ongoing agreement to buy the new shares for as long as there are any left. Folk should still be able to sign up to contribute to HSL for as long as it continues.

nonshinyfinish
25-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Had a call from Frank as well this morning asking about my application, which had mainly been delayed by the need to locate my chequebook. Having now found the thing, I've learned that the last time I wrote a cheque was in 2011…

Keith_M
25-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Theoretically, is there anything to stop an individual Hibs Fan buying £1.5 million worth of shares (or whatever is left)?

If not, would you object to that?

CropleyWasGod
25-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Theoretically, is there anything to stop an individual Hibs Fan buying £1.5 million worth of shares (or whatever is left)?

There's an upper limit, although I can't remember what that is. That prevents any one person from exercising undue influence and thereby undermining the point of the issue.

Eyrie
25-04-2015, 11:17 AM

The maximum total individual purchase is 3,125,000 shares, costing £125,000.

But the minimum is 5,000 costing £200.

greenginger
25-04-2015, 11:19 AM

I think the max any one person can buy is £ 125,000 worth of shares.

Nothing to stop consortiums but they can't get more than 50 % now unless they get HSL support.

skipster7
25-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Will be buying some with my redundancy cheque in july :cb

Keith_M
25-04-2015, 11:31 AM
There's an upper limit, although I can't remember what that is. That prevents any one person from exercising undue influence and thereby undermining the point of the issue.

The maximum total individual purchase is 3,125,000 shares, costing £125,000.

But the minimum is 5,000 costing £200.

I think the max any one person can buy is £ 125,000 worth of shares.

Nothing to stop consortiums but they can't get more than 50 % now unless they get HSL support.

Thanks for the answers.

OK, £ 125,000 worth of shares for me and the same for Mrs Keekaboo it is then

:wink:

Gatecrasher
25-04-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm in BTG just now and LD answered some questions about the share issue with Grant Stott, hibs have sold just over 5134 season tickets and the share issue money is helping get hibs tie up players and signings for next season.

Lee Marvin
25-04-2015, 01:08 PM
I'm in BTG just now and LD answered some questions about the share issue with Grant Stott, hibs have sold just over 5134 season tickets and the share issue money is helping get hibs tie up players and signings for next season.

That's a decent amount of seasons taking everything into account. Probably looking at similar seasons to this year if remain in this division, but will be considerably more if we go up

RIP
25-04-2015, 04:16 PM

That's brilliant news.

Eyrie
25-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the answers.

OK, £ 125,000 worth of shares for me and the same for Mrs Keekaboo it is then

:wink:

What about your kids, dog, cat and goldfish?