View Full Version : Malonga

Torto7062
22-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Great result tonight...

What was Malonga's Non Celebration
All about..that 3rd goal was badly needed

Biggie
22-04-2015, 08:57 PM
His nose is probably out of joint cos he's not the chosen one at the moment......huffy so n so

Stokesy's on fire
22-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Does a postman celebrate when he delivers the mail???

Torto7062
His nose is probably out of joint cos he's not the chosen one at the moment......huffy so n so

nae dummy spitters needed the now..all hands on deck and that

The Sundance Kid
Thought he did well when he came on and good to see him getting back on the scoresheet.

JimBHibees
22-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Thought he did well when he came on and good to see him getting back on the scoresheet.

Agree hopefully gives him a boost.

3pm

Good one Mario.

bingo70

Or it could be he's a young guy away from his family, struggling fir confidence and not particularly enjoying football just now.

He's got a young son, I don't know if he's in Edinburgh but if not I can understand why he's maybe not enjoying being here.

Zazu62
22-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Anyone know why he looks so pissed off?

Heisenberg
22-04-2015, 09:03 PM
He never celebrates. Give him a break, he came on, did well and scored a goal.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-04-2015, 09:05 PM
He was like that last time through there as well when McGeough took the pen off him. Think this is just his character. Didn't look happy though

Peevemor
22-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Je
nae dummy spitters needed the now..all hands on deck and that

He's been getting a lot of stick and looked like a man with a mission when he came on. Far from spitting the dummy, I think his reaction was down to focus and determination (with maybe a bit of GIRUY thrown in).

O'Rourke3
22-04-2015, 09:08 PM
His goal against the Jambos? Very subdued despite the goal. Might have been because he'd just failed again to pass the ball and the crowd were giving pelter's but he took the goal well.

green day
22-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Or it could be he's a young guy away from his family, struggling fir confidence and not particularly enjoying football just now.

He's got a young son, I don't know if he's in Edinburgh but if not I can understand why he's maybe not enjoying being here.

Not that, he stays up at Quartermile top of the Meadows, Missus and kiddie out walking with him when hes not training.

To be fair, when hes not working he walks about like he is the most chilled man in the universe, so thats just how he is !

Couldnt care really, scored double figures for us this season - thats all that counts in my book (I am trying to erase the contribution v hearts from my mind !!)

hibsbollah
22-04-2015, 09:11 PM
:giruy2:

Vault Boy
22-04-2015, 09:11 PM

Exactly. It goes pretty much unnoticed when there's no controversy to try to perpetuate.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2015, 09:13 PM

no, he just walks around looking like he has a huge weight on his shoulders and will be glad when his shift is over.

Stokesy's on fire
22-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Good one Mario.

Cheers.

His next trick is a fireworks display!

matty_f
22-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Anyone know why he looks so pissed off?

He's Dom in the dumps.

truehibernian
22-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't worry, the big man's 'worst sub appearance ever' title went to Liam Craig after tonight :greengrin

Big man took his goal well, thought it was one of those nights tonight where he would fall over his own feet.........every player seemed to toil tonight and I think that physically and emotionally they were all a bit drained after Saturday and the disappointment. Thought we were very very poor if I am honest.

Needed that win however tonight showed a very frail part of our game, namely a long ball game has potential to hurt us - big time.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I thought he did well tonight .. he probably has a downer on the fans for the stick he has had lately, hence the soor pus.

It was interesting to see how hard Fraser Fyvie worked during his half time interview to give no hint whatsoever that he would like to stay at Hibs.

Michael
22-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Closet Livi fan.

portycabbage
22-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Je

He's been getting a lot of stick and looked like a man with a mission when he came on. Far from spitting the dummy, I think his reaction was down to focus and determination (with maybe a bit of GIRUY thrown in).

:agree: I think he looked like he was up for it and wants to get back starting.

Unseen work
22-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Good performance, should of had a good assist Aswell, poor finish from Boyle

Smartie
22-04-2015, 09:40 PM
I thought he was superb when he came on, looked like he had a point to prove. More like how he was earlier this season just after he joined.

I'd play him from the start on Saturday.

Last Minute
22-04-2015, 09:54 PM
The fans singing his name, final whistle go's and he takes his shirt off pulls his shorts down a bit and never turned his head back to acknowledge the fans 1 bit just took a slow walk right up the tunnel. The guy has a right attitude problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
22-04-2015, 09:57 PM
The fans singing his name, final whistle go's and he takes his shirt off pulls his shorts down a bit and never turned his head back to acknowledge the fans 1 bit just took a slow walk right up the tunnel. The guy has a right attitude problem

Yer awfy sensitive.

Hibernian Verse
22-04-2015, 10:00 PM

:na na:

Wotherspiniesta
22-04-2015, 10:07 PM
He's just disappointed he's not been selected the last few games. He's a character, but he's a goalscorer.

If he scores the goal that gets us promoted, and celebrates by dropkicking DjeDje in the face, I wouldn't give a crap.

essexhibee
22-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Who cares if he's he moody or not. Took us one step closer to second place and that's all that matters.

Baader
22-04-2015, 10:08 PM

Ah the old Balotelli gem. Possibly because a postman delivers hundreds of letters a day and works hard at it!

hibbypostie
22-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Exactly. It goes pretty much unnoticed when there's no controversy to try to perpetuate.

bang on i'm happy to celebrate for him anyway

Stax
22-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Don't know what all the fuss is about, I thought he looked like Balotelli had just won the Happy Hibee half time draw, going radge on the inside likes :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2015, 10:59 PM
He is only one of our forwards who scores there IMO, good goal.

tamig
23-04-2015, 12:10 AM

Is that right. The guy's taken a good bit of stick lately. Most of it unjust imo. Just look at some of the threads about him over the past month or so. Not surprised he's maybe a bit hacked off.

Boyle89
23-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Normally that reaction would annoy me a little. But it's getting to the stage where I couldn't give a toss who scores or how they react Aslong as it helps us towards promotion.

hibsbollah
23-04-2015, 04:51 AM

Poor wee lambs. I would sue the club if I were you.

Beefster
23-04-2015, 06:47 AM
I knew there would be a thread about Malonga. Seems like our second top scorer is the scapegoat de jour.

Scottie
23-04-2015, 06:52 AM
Tougher he worked his socks off when he came on and deserved his goal.

Doo Doo Dooo Dominique Malonga. :aok: :top marks

Waxy
23-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Everyone got on his back for not playing the obvious pass in the derby. Rightly so. Maybe its to do with that. Great goal last night.

lucky
23-04-2015, 07:10 AM
The difference with Malonga last night he actually looked like he was trying. He challenged for headers, chased based back, won tackles, passed the ball and scored. If he put that amount of effort in every week no one would complain.

basehibby
23-04-2015, 07:17 AM
Cracking goal from him with some lovely footwork (what his game is generally about rather than winning headers).

Lack of a big celebration is pretty usual from him though isn't it? Although it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of reaction to being dropped & negativity from the stands as well.

Andy74
23-04-2015, 07:49 AM
The difference with Malonga last night he actually looked like he was trying. He challenged for headers, chased based back, won tackles, passed the ball and scored. If he put that amount of effort in every week no one would complain.

He does though.

stanton_4
23-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Wouldn't worry, the big man's 'worst sub appearance ever' title went to Liam Craig after tonight :greengrin

Big man took his goal well, thought it was one of those nights tonight where he would fall over his own feet.........every player seemed to toil tonight and I think that physically and emotionally they were all a bit drained after Saturday and the disappointment. Thought we were very very poor if I am honest.

Needed that win however tonight showed a very frail part of our game, namely a long ball game has potential to hurt us - big time.

In Stubbs post match interview he was blaming the pitch for us toiling. You could be harsh and say it was a poor performance but winning 3-1 away to a team fighting for their lives who have had a few decent performances lately isnae poor in my book. The long ball/crosses thing is a worry though especially since that bellend Houston put out in the public domain. Almost as if he doesn't want Hibs to do well eh :greengrin
As for the Malonga thing... well he's a sullen so'n'so right enough but if he plays like that every game and bags goals it wouldn't bother me a jot.

Coults1875
23-04-2015, 08:04 AM
If he scores the goal that gets us promoted, and celebrates by dropkicking DjeDje in the face, I wouldn't give a crap.

:top marks

Bostonhibby
23-04-2015, 08:33 AM

:agree: I like the guy, couldn't fathom his decision not to pass in the derby but everyone makes mistakes - seen plenty forwards shoot when they should have passed. A hibs team has to have space for the unpredictable talented guy who scores like he can? God knows for every 10 Kuqis / Vines etc a Malonga type player occasionally comes our way and puts the ball in the net.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2015, 08:43 AM
He can be as huffy as he likes if he plays like he did last night when he came on every week.

Worked hard, few nice touches, scored. Much more like it from him.

Andy74
23-04-2015, 08:49 AM
He can be as huffy as he likes if he plays like he did last night when he came on every week.

I think we play better with him in the team. Farid is great in the air but we seemed to try and get it up to him too early and getting players to run on to flicks isn't how we got through the good run we had.

We looked much more comfortable when Malonga and Djedje were on and we were getting into feet and playing off them.

I think we need to find a place for Malonga starting again.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2015, 08:50 AM
I think we play better with him in the team. Farid is great in the air but we seemed to try and get it up to him too early and getting players to run on to flicks isn't how we got through the good run we had.

We looked much more comfortable when Malonga and Djedje were on and we were getting into feet and playing off them.

I'd definitely start him on Saturday.

JimBHibees
23-04-2015, 08:50 AM

Agree entirely.

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Somebody already mentioned him on another thread already but, anyway...

Marco Negri looked a total miserable Git when he played for Rangers and never once celebrated a goal. However, he scored loads of them, so I don't think it bothered their Supporters one wee bit.

If Malonga plays well and chips in with a good few goals on a regular basis, I wouldn't mind if he gave us the GIRUY every time he scored.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2015, 09:25 AM
He's certainly given Stubbs a selection headache for Saturday. Came on, played well a scored.

J-C
23-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Cracking goal but can anyone remember exactly his goal celebrations earlier this season before his wee form slump, pre African cup.

Bad Martini
23-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Maybe he just discovered his agent had signed him up to the cabbage for the rest of his career :greengrin

...annnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I genuinely have no idea why he doesn't celebrate but here's some possible reasons:

1) He's a life-long, badge kissing fan of Livingston FC and thus it hurt like hell to hammer the goal that killed off his boyhood heroes?
2) He actually really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wanted to watch the Madrid Derby and was really, really, really, really, really, REALLY pissed off he missed it?
3) Somebody asked him what time the Madrid game was on in the club shop, just to rub it in as he had signed the 6207th calendar for the night?
4) He had a really itchy clinker that he would love to have grabbed but couldnae for the watching eyes of the worlds press, via the reach of BBC Alba (which they pronounce Alleybaa)
5) Insert bollocks reason of choice here that nobody frankly gives a **** about :greengrin

End of the day, he is a striker. He come on, he scored.

He can do that EVERY week and have the soorest puss, longer than Leith Walk doon (and up again) if he likes. :aok:

Points mean prizes....and goals get points.

ENDOF

WeeRussell
23-04-2015, 11:20 AM
He had one (albeit very poor) moment in the recent derby after the best part of a season, doing the business for us. If I was him and I'd heard some of the comments regarding him over the past few weeks - I'd be annoyed too.

Reacted in the right way in his play - and perfectly entitled to celebrate like he did. I dare say I would have done something similar if I'd been listening to people nearing 20 stone, who have never kicked a ball giving me abuse for the way I football.

I maintain he's the most natural striker we have, and hope he sticks around.

spike220
23-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Great Goal, I dont care whether he celebrates or not!

Northernhibee
23-04-2015, 11:33 AM
He was very good last night.

scoopyboy
23-04-2015, 11:34 AM
I'd start him ahead of El Alagui on Saturday.

Farid has been out for a long time and I think three starts in eight days is too much.

Hibs1992
23-04-2015, 11:41 AM

Agree with this.

I think many have forgotten how important Dom was for us before the African Cup. I still believe that him and Cummings is the best partnership that we have seen, it certainly coincided with the fantastic run we went on.

Farid is a good option to have but he has been out for a long time and a lot is being asked of him at this point in time.

Malonga is the only striker we have who scores that chance last night I reckon. He has that bit of composure and skill in the box that the others lack.

Start him on Saturday.

Smartie
23-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Agree with this.

I think many have forgotten how important Dom was for us before the African Cup. I still believe that him and Cummings is the best partnership that we have seen, it certainly coincided with the fantastic run we went on.

Farid is a good option to have but he has been out for a long time and a lot is being asked of him at this point in time.

Malonga is the only striker we have who scores that chance last night I reckon. He has that bit of composure and skill in the box that the others lack.

Start him on Saturday.

Yep, I agree.

We have a real shortage of pace in our team, but he has a great change of pace on him and a wee bit of trickery. He has the ability to make something out of nothing in the final third, something we really lack in certain games.

His demeanour makes it hard to warm to him at times but he has had some outstanding performances over the course of the season, some in the big games vs The Rangers too (which may be of significance towards the end of the season).

muzzando
23-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Definitely think Malonga should start against Alloa at the weekend, Farid was undoubtedly class in the derby but hasn't had his best of games against Falkirk or against Livi last night and could maybe use a wee rest having just come back from his long term injury and had a lot of weight of expectation placed upon his shoulders

--------
23-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Agree with this.

Start him on Saturday.

Absolutely. :agree: I should also say that any striker who doesn't line the whole team up around the corner flag for a well-choreographed dance-routine after scoring a goal gets my vote.

Those goal-celebrations really annoy me.

"He's dedicating the goal to his granny - she was 80 on Thursday."

"He's just moved in with a new partner and the goal's for her."

"He managed to get his boots on the right feet first time of trying this afternoon. That's his way of celebrating."

:sick:

Buncha plooks.

KeithTheHibby
23-04-2015, 12:34 PM
I'd start him ahead of El Alagui on Saturday.

Farid has been out for a long time and I think three starts in eight days is too much.

This.

Stokesy's on fire
23-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Dom earned his right to start again last night so for me I would welcome him into the starting lineup

Fergus52
23-04-2015, 12:48 PM
just saw the highlights, his footwork for the goal was excellent never seen a hibs player do so many stepovers successfully.

his finish was pretty jammy though

IFONLY
23-04-2015, 01:35 PM
just saw the highlights, his footwork for the goal was excellent never seen a hibs player do so many stepovers successfully.

his finish was pretty jammy though

Jammy ....my a**e !!!!!!!

--------
23-04-2015, 03:50 PM

As you say - he knew well what he was doing IMO. He's a very good player indeed, and we need to hold on to him and players like him.

jacomo
23-04-2015, 04:01 PM
As you say - he knew well what he was doing IMO. He's a very good player indeed, and we need to hold on to him and players like him.

:agree:

The criticism he has faced in recent weeks has been dumb. People have very short memories.

Fergus52
23-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Not trying to discredit him in anyway, it was a great goal.

But a keeper shouldn't be beaten at his near post along the ground

B.H.F.C
23-04-2015, 04:20 PM

The criticism he has faced in recent weeks has been dumb. People have very short memories.

The criticism of him has been deserved in recent weeks. He's not done his job properly since coming back from the African Nations. Last night he was more like the player he can be. Apart from a wee moan about his lack of celebration most people have agreed he did well last night.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Agree with this.

The skill and footwork in the lead up to the goal was great and he did well to get a shot away and on target. However the keeper will be really disappointed being beaten like that. Had it been Oxley plenty would have been going mental, some tried to blame him for their goal last night ffs, including at least 1 of the thou shalt never criticise Malonga brigade.

Andy74
23-04-2015, 05:27 PM
The criticism of him has been deserved in recent weeks. He's not done his job properly since coming back from the African Nations. Last night he was more like the player he can be. Apart from a wee moan about his lack of celebration most people have agreed he did well last night.

Some don't know the line between criticising performances and personal attacks. It was beyond saying he hadn't played well and on to being lazy, unprofessional, feigning injury etc.

Sad thing is we do this to everyone first chance we get.

jacomo
23-04-2015, 07:34 PM

I was at QoS home game recently and despite his touch being off and the whole team below par, he was unlucky not to score. He's certainly not been in good form but I wouldn't say 'he's not been doing his job properly'. His game is all about drifting about the park, but it's a game that has worked very well for us this season.

A bit more support and a bit less booing would be welcome.

The_Horde
23-04-2015, 08:05 PM

I agree to an extent. Malongoals fooled everyone in the stadium with his footwork for the goal, so you have to give him the credit for that, surely?

superfurryhibby
23-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Some don't know the line between criticising performances and personal attacks. It was beyond saying he hadn't played well and on to being lazy, unprofessional, feigning injury etc.

It's an Internet fans forum, what do you expect?

His attitude contributes. Maybe tolerable when he's/ we are doing well etc, but I even I, a most understanding person, cannae help thinking, grow up ya ersey- fandango. Not a great promoter of team spirit is Dom.

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2015, 08:48 AM

Correct. It was the same when I tried to constructively criticise Scott Allan - I just got pelters about being Liam Craig.

Lack of understanding about constructive criticism and hammering someone - I had the same situation at work last year. Maybe they don't teach it in school anymore?

hibs#1
24-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Good player no doubt but does seem to have something missing that's why I believe he's not at a higher level than he is whether it's an attitude problem, I don't know

Fergus52
24-04-2015, 09:44 AM
I agree to an extent. Malongoals fooled everyone in the stadium with his footwork for the goal, so you have to give him the credit for that, surely?

I said that in my original post.

His footwork was crazy good.

I'm a big fan of his btw, I wasn't trying to criticise him when I said his finish was lucky

Jim44
24-04-2015, 11:42 AM

I'm a big fan of his btw, I wasn't trying to criticise him when I said his finish was lucky

I also like Malonga as a player and am happy to see him in the team. I just think his body language and apparent indifference is disappointing and possibly has a detrimental effect on his team mates and how he is perceived by the fans. I don't expect him to do cartwheels and jump into the crowd when he scores, but his refusal to even accept the congratulations of his team-mates or smile or offer a wee 'high- five' is a poor show in my opinion. I wonder what his team-mates take on this is?

The_Horde
24-04-2015, 11:50 AM

It wasnt just a case of being through on goal one on one with the goalie though, is what I'm trying to say. I think he's fooled the defenders and goalkeeper both. Making his finish seem lucky. When actually he's put the goalie on the back foot, giving him the opportunity for a simple finish.

superfurryhibby
24-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I also like Malonga as a player and am happy to see him in the team. I just think his body language and apparent indifference is disappointing and possibly has a detrimental effect on his team mates and how he is perceived by the fans. I don't expect him to do cartwheels and jump into the crowd when he scores, but his refusal to even accept the congratulations of his team-mates or smile or offer a wee 'high- five' is a poor show in my opinion. I wonder what his team-mates take on this is?

What would you guess their feelings might be Jim?

It's a team game and whilst he's a decent player, Malonga comes across as a bit full of himself. We've seen in the past that excellent individual players don't always add a great deal to the overall team, or that they detract from what they can give, because their attitude pisses others off. If I had played with him, I would have just left him to enjoy his moment on his own. No attempt to congratulate required.

Jim44
24-04-2015, 12:12 PM
What would you guess their feelings might be Jim?

It's a team game and whilst he's a decent player, Malonga comes across as a bit full of himself. We've seen in the past that excellent individual players don't always add a great deal to the overall team, or that they detract from what they can give, because their attitude pisses others off. If I had played with him, I would have just left him to enjoy his moment on his own. No attempt to congratulate required.

I think they'll be a bit hacked off with his petulance but I think most of them are decent and loyal enough to want to spontaneously celebrate with him, rather than ignore him. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Andy74
24-04-2015, 12:18 PM
I think they'll be a bit hacked off with his petulance but I think most of them are decent and loyal enough to want to spontaneously celebrate with him, rather than ignore him. I hope it doesn't come to that.

I'd guess they know him pretty well and don't give a toss about how he chooses to celebrate or how he is perceived to behave.

scoopyboy
24-04-2015, 01:03 PM

They think he is a great lad off the park and get on really well with him.

superfurryhibby
24-04-2015, 05:47 PM
They think he is a great lad off the park and get on really well with him.

What about being a great lad on the park? That's what counts.

I can't help thinking that Malonga's not happy at Hibs. If he is then he needs to get a bit more savvy about his body language and reconsider how he presents himself. If he were Henry or Balotelli even , then maybe we could accept that he is a talented prima-donna. As it is he's not, he's at Hibs and playing in the second tier of Scottish football.

Andy74
24-04-2015, 06:03 PM
What about being a great lad on the park? That's what counts.

I can't help thinking that Malonga's not happy at Hibs. If he is then he needs to get a bit more savvy about his body language and reconsider how he presents himself. If he were Henry or Balotelli even , then maybe we could accept that he is a talented prima-donna. As it is he's not, he's at Hibs and playing in the second tier of Scottish football.

Nonsense. It's just his style. He is a good player regardless of whether he's doing cartwheels or not.

It's not as if his style is actually causing any issues on the park so I don't really get this.

JimBHibees
24-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Nonsense. It's just his style. He is a good player regardless of whether he's doing cartwheels or not.

It's not as if his style is actually causing any issues on the park so I don't really get this.

Completely agree give the guy a break.

Fergus52
24-04-2015, 06:37 PM

:agree:.

If I was him and had seen the thread claiming I'd feigned injury in the derby I definitely would not have celebrated.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 06:52 PM
:agree:.

If I was him and had seen the thread claiming I'd feigned injury in the derby I definitely would not have celebrated.

If I were Dom, I would have scored, fallen over, then held onto my leg, limping up the park until the kick off:greengrin

InchHibby
24-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Great result tonight...

What was Malonga's Non Celebration
All about..that 3rd goal was badly needed

Well here's what I think,
I've said it more than once, he obviously has a bit of talent, that is in no doubt, when he takes it upon himself to show what he can do , it's good, BUT, I tend to think he thinks he's better than he is, which isn't a bad thing, but when he's not then it becomes a problem.
I did at first think he was just adapting to a different environment, but no, the guy has a problem with team play and decisions like substitution's that are part and parcel of the game.
He does one good thing, never follows it up, never goes for the one two, or puts himself in a position to play other players in, he basically thinks his one good touch is enough, I've done my job sort of thing, that's all for today. The guys not a team player.
That episode against the ******, there is no way on this earth he didn't see what he should have done, the guys not interested.
He scored against Livingstone, and in all my days of watching football I have never seen someone so negative about scoring the winning goal.
Unfortunately he is what he is, nothing is ever going to change him. I would personally not, never play him again, get shot of him when his contract expires and give some other team the problem of fathoming him out.
I know he's scored a couple of vital goals, but c'mon the guys a waste of space in a Hibs Jersey.
Maybe a change will do him good, the quicker the better for me.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2015, 07:05 PM
As part of the induction pack LWT are putting together, all players will be briefed in the expectations of the supporters on the scoring of a goal. Those without a suitable routine will be provided with a celebration "starter for 10". New recruits will also be supplied with a joke.

Dom is upset because when he was providing the newbie Dejeje his joke Dejeje said he had one of his own: "A man and an elephant are standing in the showers. The elephant looks down at the man with a puzzled look. The man says what's wrong? The elephant says - how do you pick up anything with that?" Apparently that was Dom's one an only joke so he took the huff ;)

Andy74
24-04-2015, 07:11 PM
I've said it more than once, he obviously has a bit of talent, that is in no doubt, when he takes it upon himself to show what he can do , it's good, BUT, I tend to think he thinks he's better than he is, which isn't a bad thing, but when he's not then it becomes a problem.
I did at first think he was just adapting to a different environment, but no, the guy has a problem with team play and decisions like substitution's that are part and parcel of the game.
He does one good thing, never follows it up, never goes for the one two, or puts himself in a position to play other players in, he basically thinks his one good touch is enough, I've done my job sort of thing, that's all for today. The guys not a team player.
That episode against the ******, there is no way on this earth he didn't see what he should have done, the guys not interested.
He scored against Livingstone, and in all my days of watching football I have never seen someone so negative about scoring the winning goal.
Unfortunately he is what he is, nothing is ever going to change him. I would personally not, never play him again, get shot of him when his contract expires and give some other team the problem of fathoming him out.
I know he's scored a couple of vital goals, but c'mon the guys a waste of space in a Hibs Jersey.
Thats up there with the biggest amount of pish I've ever read on here. And that's saying something.

superfurryhibby
24-04-2015, 07:14 PM

No, cartwheeling needed. I just expect him to be skilled and smart enough to play a team game, ie, the Derby.

I'm not too worried about his style, it's more his attitude that mildly irks. And yes, he's possessed of decent ability, of that there's no doubt.

Scottie
24-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Thats up there with the biggest amount of pish I've ever read on here. And that's saying something.
:greengrin Mind you Andy most threads on here are full of pish depending on your opinion of course. :agree:

InchHibby
24-04-2015, 07:31 PM
:greengrin Mind you Andy most threads on here are full of pish depending on your opinion of course. :agree:

Thanks mate

Pete
24-04-2015, 07:36 PM
I've not read any of this thread but I can just tell that it's racist.

Delete it please.

Kaff
24-04-2015, 07:47 PM
I've met him twice in the club shop with our kids and both times he's been friendly and taken his time with everyone that I saw meeting him. Jason and Dom are my kids favourites down to these meetings (they have met others too). I just think he has a demeanour on the pitch which is great when things are going our way but looks bad when graft and endeavour are needed, I just don't think he has that look about him even when I thought he put himself about against Livi and was a big reason we ended up fairly comfortable. Don't think he was given long enough in the semi as he made a little difference in that game too I thought

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 07:49 PM
I like Malonga he's done very well for Hibs. Something though isn't right with him recently and I hope he sorts himself out.

One thing he can't do and doesn't even try which frustrates me is out jump a centre half. His half hearted jumps bug me, but other than that Malonga has been a good signing for us.

matty_f
24-04-2015, 07:49 PM
If I were Dom, I would have scored, fallen over, then held onto my leg, limping up the park until the kick off:greengrin

I reckon if I ever managed a goal for Hibs I'd struggle not to tear the heid right aff it on the spot, never mind feigning injury! :greengrin:

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 07:54 PM
I reckon if I ever managed a goal for Hibs I'd struggle not to tear the heid right aff it on the spot, never mind feigning injury! :greengrin:

6 match ban for that Matty...........

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 08:00 PM

Haha, yeah think I'd do the same. Not with you though Matty!!!!

Scottie
24-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks mate
:aok:

matty_f
24-04-2015, 08:08 PM
6 match ban for that Matty...........

Would be worth it. :agree:

Billy Whizz
24-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Would be worth it. :agree:

I'm sure we'd appeal it

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm sure we'd appeal it

Nothing appealing about it B:cb

Beefster
24-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Some of you guys must be a ****ing nightmare to live next to with the assumptions you jump to based on sweet **** all.

"Ooh, the guy next door started to wash his car but didn't do the roof properly. He's obviously a **** husband, getting no action in the sack and is desperately unhappy. I bet the **** never even does a jigsaw with the bairns."

Saturday Boy
24-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Some of you guys must be a ****ing nightmare to live next to with the assumptions you jump to based on sweet **** all.

"Ooh, the guy next door started to wash his car but didn't do the roof properly. He's obviously a **** husband, getting no action in the sack and is desperately unhappy. I bet the **** never even does a jigsaw with the bairns."

You been spying on me again? :wink:

Smartie
24-04-2015, 08:44 PM
So Malonga gets a hard time for not celebrating then, eh?

What was Sparky's final total in terms of celebrations and interactions with our own fans? A GIRUY, 2 middle fingers and a few more, yet he is still idolised by some? Correctly, by the way, because he did the business on the park for us.

Malonga was brilliant the other night - he couldn't have done more. He did win at least one header, a cracking flick that deserved to have someone running onto that. He challenged for several more, closed down defenders at every opportunity. Dazzling skill in the lead up to his goal, then got a shot away. Maybe it wasn't the best shot we've ever seen but he bought the ticket so he deserved to win the lottery. How many times have we been screaming at forwards/ midfielders just to hit the f****** thing this season? It was a killer goal, a match winner and he deserves praise.

I couldn't believe how bad his cameo was against Hearts but we've got to learn to let things go rather than cast up "iffy" moments from the past to castigate players.

Malonga is a supremely gifted individual and given the woes we've had at times this season we could really benefit from a fit, happy, talented player going into the remaining, massively important games. Let's not get on his back too much. Not now.

jacomo
24-04-2015, 09:10 PM

I don't think I've ever agreed so wholeheartedly with one of your posts. I'm not sure that's saying much though. :wink: :greengrin

tamig
24-04-2015, 09:13 PM
So Malonga gets a hard time for not celebrating then, eh?

What was Sparky's final total in terms of celebrations and interactions with our own fans? A GIRUY, 2 middle fingers and a few more, yet he is still idolised by some? Correctly, by the way, because he did the business on the park for us.

Malonga was brilliant the other night - he couldn't have done more. He did win at least one header, a cracking flick that deserved to have someone running onto that. He challenged for several more, closed down defenders at every opportunity. Dazzling skill in the lead up to his goal, then got a shot away. Maybe it wasn't the best shot we've ever seen but he bought the ticket so he deserved to win the lottery. How many times have we been screaming at forwards/ midfielders just to hit the f****** thing this season? It was a killer goal, a match winner and he deserves praise.

I couldn't believe how bad his cameo was against Hearts but we've got to learn to let things go rather than cast up "iffy" moments from the past to castigate players.

Malonga is a supremely gifted individual and given the woes we've had at times this season we could really benefit from a fit, happy, talented player going into the remaining, massively important games. Let's not get on his back too much. Not now.

Just been catching up on this thread again and your first line just about summarises the views of the dissenters. Dom doesn't celebrate so that makes him full of himself and has a negative effect on team spirit. Pretty despairing stuff. Some utter nonsense on this thread. Why people just can't be happy that we picked up three good points and are still in the race for second spot I just can't understand. A bunch of total whingers. That's .net though.

skipster7
24-04-2015, 09:18 PM
He played very well and think he should start on Saturday however for me its things like turning his back on challenges / headers that gets fans back up. Play like he did on Wednesday and the fans cant complain. A real asset in that form :agree:

JimBHibees
24-04-2015, 09:23 PM

Dear oh dear, laughable.

eastmainsmsh
24-04-2015, 10:04 PM
He can play but if he adds that wee bit more in to his game he would be playing at a higher level good CV of clubs but he needs to work harder to make most of his ability

tamig
24-04-2015, 10:13 PM

Scored a couple of vital goals? That's the understatement of the year. The rest of your post is just nonsense.

Jim44
24-04-2015, 10:20 PM
I've not read any of this thread but I can just tell that it's racist.

Delete it please.

This is the most outrageous piece of unsubstantiated cr@p I've read on this board for some time.

tamig
24-04-2015, 10:27 PM
This is the most outrageous piece of unsubstantiated cr@p I've read on this board for some time.

I suspect you may have been whooooshed.

Jim44
24-04-2015, 10:30 PM
I suspect you may have been whooooshed.

Oh well, it won't be the first time. Maybe that's what you get if you don't read the flow of a thread properly. :greengrin

tamig
24-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Oh well, it won't be the first time. Maybe that's what you get if you don't read the flow of a thread properly. :greengrin

It was more about another Malonga thread which descended into a bit of racist farce. This one is just pure farce - so you've not missed out on much :-)

Hermit Crab
24-04-2015, 10:43 PM
It was more about another Malonga thread which descended into a bit of racist farce. This one is just pure farce - so you've not missed out on much :-)

:agree:. Utter pish this one. I liked the other one better :greengrin

silverhibee
24-04-2015, 11:17 PM

No neighbour would dare say that about my cleaning skills with the car, i have a wee step so i can reach the middle of the roof, and obviously shammy it dry.

I do my jigsaws in the vestibule, :greengrin my grown up son says I'm getting old, he doesn't even help me find the straight edges. Kids eh.

silverhibee
24-04-2015, 11:24 PM
If anyone thinks they can do better than Malonga then just pop along to East Mains and let Mr Stubbs no and I'm sure you will start the next game and bang a few in, good luck to you.

A Hibs player getting stick, that's a new one on here that's for sure, never seen this kind of stuff like that before on .net.

Funny old game so it is.

Next thing we no folk will be blaming the fans for losing games.

J-C
25-04-2015, 12:08 AM
If anyone thinks they can do better than Malonga then just pop along to East Mains and let Mr Stubbs no and I'm sure you will start the next game and bang a few in, good luck to you.

A Hibs player getting stick, that's a new one on here that's for sure, never seen this kind of stuff like that before on .net.

Funny old game so it is.

Next thing we no folk will be blaming the fans for losing games.

TBH SH, I think there are a good few have seen his form drop since the ACN, the game against them was all a bit strange and his non celebrations at Livi, all add up to too many people saying he's not happy etc etc etc.

For me he's always been a lazy get but he's scored a good few goals at vital times to make up for that, so I forgive him for being lazy.

I also remember Bamba coming back from Africa and wasn't the same player, don't know if they're heads get turned seeing what other guys are getting paid and decide it's time for a move for more cash.

If he heard about the nonsense of his feigning injury, well the non celebration would be the right way to act as a GIRUY gesture to the fans.

--------
25-04-2015, 12:50 AM

Totally agree.

It's looking as if some folks are just looking for excuses to criticise the man.

Personally, I'm sick to the back teeth of the stupid self-advertising ways players find these days to celebrate scoring a goal. It's clear to me that a lot of players must spend a lot of time practising this nonsense; they'd be better employed working on actual practical aspects of their game rather than choreographing goal-celebrations.

The only time I like one of these celebrations is when you have this self-obsessed wee laddie prancing around down by the corner-flag, and then the ref notices that the assistant has his flag up ...

And then he disallows the "goal".

Leaving the village idiot who "scored" it looking the idiot he is.

Now THAT'S entertainment. :devil:

Onion
25-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Don't care how moody the guy is, as long as he keeps scoring goals. Just have to accept that some fans are no happy unless a player has the 12500% commitment of Stevenson, the passionate rage of Craig or the GIRUY of Griffiths.

Goals will do for me.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Big man is playing superb today.

Touch (as always) is outstanding. Liking midfield and attack with ease.

Hopefully shutting up some of his doubters.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Andy74
25-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Exceptional today so far.

hibee_girl
25-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Exceptional today so far.

Outstanding :agree:

Hannah_hfc
25-04-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure there's been several Malonga threads over the course of the season all end up the same way!

--------
25-04-2015, 03:43 PM
The guy is a class act. End of.

J-C
25-04-2015, 03:47 PM
The guy is a class act. End of.

Don't think anyone denies that Doddie, it's his attitude that's being questioned at times, when he wants to he's a top player and makes a difference to us.

--------
25-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Don't think anyone denies that Doddie, it's his attitude that's being questioned at times, when he wants to he's a top player and makes a difference to us.

There have been SO many players over the years who've had abuse and criticism from the stands, all about their 'body-language' or their 'attitude' or their 'lack of team spirit', and I genuinely don't think very many of them deserved it.

Peter Cormack got it - I mind one game when a guy behind kept accusing him of being 'lackadaisical' (he must have heard somebody else using it and thought it sounded impressive) - as in "Come oan, Cormack! That's jist lackadaisical! Get a grip, ya lazy wee (expletive deleted)!" I was 17 and even then I knew we were watching something special when Peter was on the park.

Ally McLeod was "FAT and lackadaisical". :rolleyes:

Willie Hamilton was "drunk and lackadaisical". :faf:

Any or all of them I'd have back in an instant as they were in their pomp.

Not every footballer goes like the Energiser bunny every week. Dom's got 12 plus a good number of assists. He'll do me, mate.

Ryan69
25-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Delighted for the big man!
Malonga is a good player....and without some of his goals we would not be in the position we are in!

muzzando
25-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Goal and an assist today. The Congalese beast is back on form leading up to the big play off games

Scottie
25-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Delighted for the big man!
Malonga is a good player....and without some of his goals we would not be in the position we are in!
Bang on.

The big man can sulk all he likes as long as he's trying his best on the park which I think he does. :aok:

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2015, 05:01 PM
"Lazy *******" shouted at him around me in the east for not getting back onside quick enough in the first half. Cummings does the same thing twice in the second half, nothing said

AlbertK86
25-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Excellent game from the big fella today

Wouldnae mind seeing him and Farid up top next week.

GGTTH

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Excellent game from the big fella today

Wouldnae mind seeing him and Farid up top next week.

GGTTH

Why drop the league's top scorer?

DaveF
25-04-2015, 05:08 PM
I've criticised him of late but thought he led the line really well today and had a very good game.

Fergus52
25-04-2015, 05:08 PM

I'm not sure if Cummings should be dropped, but it would make sense to give dom and farid a run out together as they've not played together before (except briefly in the derby I think) and we might need to use them together in the play-offs.

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure if Cummings should be dropped, but it would make sense to give dom and farid a run out together as they've not played together before (except briefly in the derby I think) and we might need to use them together in the play-offs.

Don't think we should be trying a new partnership out in a game we need to go out and win

Jim44
25-04-2015, 05:13 PM

Cumming's would be disappointed but if he picked up a booking he would miss one of the playoff matches. Then again the priority is to win next week and guarantee a lighter playoff campaign.

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Cumming's would be disappointed but if he picked up a booking he would miss one of the playoff matches. Then again the priority is to win next week and guarantee a lighter playoff campaign.

I'd definitely be looking to play him. You are right, priority has to be to get 2nd place. You wouldn't drop him for a cup semi final if a booking meant he missed the final and I don't see this as any different

tamig
25-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Superb all round performance from Malonga today. Excellent display.

JimBHibees
25-04-2015, 05:26 PM
I've criticised him of late but thought he led the line really well today and had a very good game.

We do look a better team with him playing.

Andy74
25-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Yep I think we play better as a team when he is in there too.

Malthibby
25-04-2015, 05:31 PM
What he said.
GG

Sergey
25-04-2015, 05:32 PM

My guess is that he's been told to up his game or else he's out the door at the end of the season.

There's probably a few playing for a new contract.

Bishop Hibee
25-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Absolutely. Good news for the games ahead.

Golden Bear
25-04-2015, 05:40 PM
He was man of the match today in my eyes. And that's come from someone who has doubted his character in recent weeks.

Keep it going big fella, your ability on the ball is not in question

Capt Mainwaring
25-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Outstanding today. Great touch and passes, won headers, strong to hold the ball in and lay off, and finishing. The big man is back!

emerald green
25-04-2015, 05:44 PM

O'Rourke3
25-04-2015, 05:44 PM
He was very good today. The way the rest of the team ran to him to celebrate after he'd put Jason in for a tap in might have the "bad for team morale" crew reconsidering their position. Doesn't seem to be a problem for the rest of them. Very pleased to see he got a goal as well. Nice assist from Jordan on that one.

Seveno
25-04-2015, 05:54 PM
He has been poor since coming back from the ACN but was a class act today. He played some lovely flicks into space for Lewis to run into.

GreenCastle
25-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Showed today his early season form.

Linked up well - good movement - unselfish set up for goal and deserved goal also.

He is a talent - and play to his strengths and he will do well. In the air or long balls don't suit him.

Andy74
25-04-2015, 06:17 PM
My guess is that he's been told to up his game or else he's out the door at the end of the season.

There's probably a few playing for a new contract.

Doubt it very much. That's generally what we have got from him so its not new. He's had a knee injury recent weeks he has struggled with.

I think it's only a few daft fans who have ever thought he would be in any danger of being moved on based on little.

bingo70
25-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Doubt it very much. That's generally what we have got from him so its not new. He's had a knee injury recent weeks he has struggled with.

I think it's only a few daft fans who have ever thought he would be in any danger of being moved on based on little.

I think the celebrations for Cummings goal puts to bed any theories he's not liked in the changing room as well.

Well it should but it probably won't.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Could have been MOM, Good to see him rediscovering form at a key time.

hibsbollah
25-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Showed today his early season form.

Linked up well - good movement - unselfish set up for goal and deserved goal also.

He is a talent - and play to his strengths and he will do well. In the air or long balls don't suit him.

Never mind how he played, how was his 'body language'? :grr:

Stuarty27
25-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Best ive seen him play today.

terrific

Ricky Bobby
25-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Played very well today, holds the ball up really well. deserved his goal.

WestEndHibee
25-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Heard he spent at least a quarter of his time facing south. I'm no expert but I'm going to assert anyway that it seems like he's thinking of a move away. Don't see why we continue to play a player who so obviously wants away.

matty_f
25-04-2015, 07:05 PM
I thought Malonga had a terrific game today. He was very impressive.

theonlywayisup
25-04-2015, 07:05 PM
I thought Malonga had a terrific game today. He was very impressive.

greenlex
25-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Best ive seen him play today.

terrific
This. Best game for Hibs yet.

wookie70
25-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Very good today. Great passing and hold up play and looked dangerous throughout. He did a good amount of work off the ball too. He also won a good number of flick ons in the air too so it amazes me that Jason came back for corners and we leave 6 foot plus Dom up front on his own.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2015, 07:08 PM

Deceptively Languid ,but worked a treat ,some of his flicks and touches to play others in are first class and he unselfishly laid Cummings goal on a plate for him .

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Deceptively Languid ,but worked a treat ,some of his flicks and touches to play others in are first class and he unselfishly laid Cummings goal on a plate for him .

Ronnie, I agree, wish he'd been on longer last Saturday

Bostonhibby
25-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Form is temporary class is permanent and he has class, for me its all about where and when he gets to apply it, glad he is a Hibs player, big game player and we have some big games coming up.

Ronster117
25-04-2015, 08:18 PM
:top marks

Pretty Boy
25-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Was superb today.

The way we played in the 2nd half with him, Boyle and Cummings constantly switching positions seemed to really suit him and Boyle especially.

A couple of his flicks were ridiculously good.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Ronnie, I agree, wish he'd been on longer last Saturday

I think with hindsight Stubbs would privately agree he probably left Farid on too long .easy to understand why he started as Malonga hadn't been scoring and Farids display against Hearts was awesome given how little game time he had and his goal was top class ,but it was clear at Hampden that he wasn't going to repeat that performance ,but hey I wasn't expecting to be back in second place with one to go ,so the Team if Stubbs gets the Team right ,can IMO beat Falkirk at the fifth time of asking ,but some Falkirk players will be playing for places in the Cup Final Squad ,so will still be a very difficult game

Bostonhibby
25-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I think with hindsight Stubbs would privately agree he probably left Farid on too long .easy to understand why he started as Malonga hadn't been scoring and Farids display against Hearts was awesome given how little game time he had and his goal was top class ,but it was clear at Hampden that he wasn't going to repeat that performance ,but hey I wasn't expecting to be back in second place with one to go ,so the Team if Stubbs gets the Team right ,can IMO beat Falkirk at the fifth time of asking ,but some Falkirk players will be playing for places in the Cup Final Squad ,so will still be a very difficult game

:agree: This

AlbertK86
25-04-2015, 08:47 PM

Cummings was terrible today bar his goal and he did nothing last week against a well organised Falkirk defence

Add to that the fact he is a booking away from a suspension

Wee rest may focus him again for the play offs

Don't get me wrong I really like his poachers instinct and know he is liable to take his chances more often than the other strikers but I feel Falkirk know how to play him

Think Dom playing as he did today could create plenty for Farid

gaz1875
25-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Big Dom looked interested from the first whistle today, seemed to have a spring in his step. Interestingly the team kept the ball on the deck much more than when Farid has started, this is what he likes not chasing into corners or challenging for headers.

CockneyRebel
25-04-2015, 09:27 PM

He actually started the match

#FromTheCapital
26-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Haven't been to the last 2 games but this thread is very pleasing. What an asset an on form malonga could be at this crucial point of the season. Keep it up big man.

JimBHibees
26-04-2015, 07:46 AM
He actually started the match

Was that not a comment about the Livi game.