PDA

View Full Version : Build team around Allan

madhatter
21-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Whilst Fontaine has been good. Can't help but think when Allan is on song he's the player we should be looking to build a team around. Obviously both of them have been our best players this season. Allan looked really upset in his STV interview after cup game, shows he cares which should be expected but I recall not so long ago we would have been struggling to get any reaction. I remember the Wolves loan player we had in defence against Hearts in final posted up on his Twitter later on in that day "Last bit of shopping before heading home!". Certainly many players we had on loan then wouldn't have cared, would've viewed it as an egg cup (like many people view it as down south).

snooky
21-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I think more than anything I would like to see a settled team.
Injuries & suspensions + (sometimes numpticous) tactical changes to the team have cost us dearly.
Whenever we've had a run of good results, IIRC, it has mostly been when the team picked itself week after week.
It's obviously important to get the right blend first.
If a player gets injured/suspended his position should be filled by a similar type of player from the pool.
Forget this moving x to LM, y to CH, z to RB just to accommodate a sub. Like for like every time.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 09:39 PM
A team where players stick around for a few years and build a rapport with fans, as they used to, would be nice. There's such a high turnover of players each season now, which weakens the bond between fans and team. A player with a bit of talent is sold on, to be replaced by a short term signing.

How long can we expect to keep hold of Allan?

Hibeesmad
21-04-2015, 09:44 PM
A team where players stick around for a few years and build a rapport with fans, as they used to, would be nice. There's such a high turnover of players each season now, which weakens the bond between fans and team. A player with a bit of talent is sold on, to be replaced by a short term signing.

If he doesn't sign a new contract then the club will have no option but to sell him in the summer if they want money for him? I hope he signs a new deal however

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Risk of having one pivotal player, is an off-day for one is an off-day for all. Think Allan is like that just now. Puts me in mind of Liam Miller. When he was good, so were we.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2015, 09:48 PM
We've already done this haven't we?

OsloHibs
21-04-2015, 09:55 PM
He loves the Hibs! Change days from the c*ap we've had by former players.

Michael
21-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Allan is great. If only we could have signed Leigh Griffiths for him to pass it to. We would have challenged for the league I reckon!

Broken Gnome
21-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Just realised Mikey Stewart really likes him. Going by his just-about audible ****ING HELL on the BBC commentary when he hit the bar.

Unseen work
21-04-2015, 10:37 PM
If we don't go up and he doesn't sign a new contract I would rather let him leave for free next summer rather than sell him before as I think he is the best player in the league and would be essential in Us Getting promoted next season

AL-Qaholik
22-04-2015, 04:52 AM
I'd be delighted if we'd just "build a team"...

DH1875
22-04-2015, 07:46 AM
If we don't go up and he doesn't sign a new contract I would rather let him leave for free next summer rather than sell him before as I think he is the best player in the league and would be essential in Us Getting promoted next season

Yeah, that is the question. If we don't go up this year do we cash in on him in the summer or take the gamble that he'll help us win the league.

Salt N Sauzee
22-04-2015, 08:13 AM
I have no doubt that Allan will be gone at the end of the season if we don't get promoted and in the unlikely event of us going up I still can't see him staying around for long. It's clear that Hibs are just a stepping stone for him to restart his career and get a big move down south again.

Keith_M
22-04-2015, 08:44 AM
I have no doubt that Allan will be gone at the end of the season if we don't get promoted and in the unlikely event of us going up I still can't see him staying around for long. It's clear that Hibs are just a stepping stone for him to restart his career and get a big move down south again.

In which case, it would be nice if he repaid Hibs for kick-starting his career by signing a 5 year extension to his contract.

Then we would be guaranteed serious bucks for him when he left.

db03
22-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Allan did say on STV yesterday that he is staying regardless of promotion or not. He said he wants to repay the club for giving him that platform to play again.

Salt N Sauzee
22-04-2015, 09:07 AM
In which case, it would be nice if he repaid Hibs for kick-starting his career by signing a 5 year extension to his contract.

Then we would be guaranteed serious bucks for him when he left.

:aok:

Brightside
22-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Big mistake to build a team around one player. Its a team not a supporting cast.

Alex Trager
22-04-2015, 09:49 AM

Have a look at this. For rapport with the fans.
I have no time for FC Hollywood but this is extremely good.
I'd love to see a bit personality from the players in the Hibs squad.

http://youtu.be/mIV81B57kYY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
22-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Have a look at this. For rapport with the fans.
I have no time for FC Hollywood but this is extremely good.
I'd love to see a bit personality from the players in the Hibs squad.

http://youtu.be/mIV81B57kYY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Uefa have pulled the plug on your link, mate.

patlowe
22-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Allan did say on STV yesterday that he is staying regardless of promotion or not. He said he wants to repay the club for giving him that platform to play again.

I'm glad he said that as in all the comments reported today he is far more cryptic about his plans, "I want to see how this season goes first and take it from there" etc.

Lago
22-04-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm glad he said that as in all the comments reported today he is far more cryptic about his plans, "I want to see how this season goes first and take it from there" etc.
Yes I noticed that as well reading todays Daily Mail seemed to be hedging his bets rather more than he was previously.