PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan nominated for Championship Player of the Year

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Also Ozturk, Gomis and Walker from Hearts

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/317911-hearts-and-hibernian-stars-lead-championship-player-award-nominations/

SteveHFC
21-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Also Ozturk, Gomis and Walker from Hearts

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/317911-hearts-and-hibernian-stars-lead-championship-player-award-nominations/

Apart from scoring a few decent goals he's done **** all :confused:

Agree with the rest.

DTS
21-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Only one winner there for me

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Has to be between Allan and Walker for me. Ozturk has scored 2 screamers, but has been nothing special apart from that. Gomis was superb for the first half of the season but has gone off the boil since the turn of the year.

Gus
21-04-2015, 02:35 PM

Agree with the rest.

Could argue that he has been part of a back four that has seen his team win the title by a huge margin & only concede 23 goals in the process.

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Has to be between Allan and Walker for me. Ozturk has scored 2 screamers, but has been nothing special apart from that. Gomis was superb for the first half of the season but has gone off the boil since the turn of the year.

Would be difficult for it not to be a Hearts player, in the derbies I have seen, Gomis for me.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Would be difficult for it not to be a Hearts player, in the derbies I have seen, Gomis for me.

Really? He's done nothing in the last 2

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Really? He's done nothing in the last 2

Thought he was their best player by a mile in the game at ER the first one. Walker and Ozturk dont impress me much.

Big_Franck
21-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Agree with the rest.

Has he?? He scored a hit and hope against us. A couple weeks later he hit a shot straight at the Falkirk keeper IIRC from 25 yards that the keeper managed to drop into the net. As far as I can remember the only decent goal he has scored was against us.

Scott Allan hasn't been anywhere near consistent enough to merit player of the season though IMO.

PeterboroHibee
21-04-2015, 02:47 PM

Agree with the rest.

Hes a CB, who has won the league playing in a back 4 thats conceded the 2nd least number of goals in Scotland. And hes scored some good goals. Id say its fair enough to be honest.

I think it will be between Allan and Walker though.

truehibernian
21-04-2015, 04:06 PM
I think Fontaine has absolutely strolled this league since he came in - for me a good shout too.

Smartie
21-04-2015, 04:06 PM
None of the Hearts players have individually impressed me when I've seen them. What has been impressive about Hearts has been their team ethic, their grafting and the ability to consistently get the 3 points in games they're expected to win (as The Rangers and ourselves have shown, often easier said than done). The only individual of theirs that has impressed me was Sam Nicholson and to be honest that was only in the first game between our sides.

In terms of players who have played against us this season, there have been a few who have been excellent. Hard to say whether or not they have done so every other week for their teams but I suspect not. Here are a few of the opposition players who have impressed me this season...

Lee Wallace - that performance the other week was the best I've seen from an opposition player since Rantie for Malmo. You could say he got the freedom of that wing from us but i thought he was top notch. Not so good in the other games against us though.

Danny Carmichael - an absolute menace every time we have played Queens. Although you could guarantee that if we signed him he'd be inconsistent at best.

Christian Nade - no laughing up the back! Played up front on his own, held it up well, tussled with our centre-backs, scored goals against us. Presumably he's gash every other week but I think he has been phenomenal in our games with Raith, and has been the main reason we have struggled to take points off them.

David McGurn - no I'd never heard of him either. But I was getting more than a wee bit sick of Raith 'keepers having storming games against us so I asked my mate (a Raith fan) about him. He said that he's only part-time as he teaches at a college in Glasgow, but reckons that for all the points he saves them/ the low wages they must be paying him he is the best value player in the division. Hard to argue with really.

Craig Sibbald - cracking midfielder.

David McCracken - carthorse of a defender. But one who has held a defence together that has totally frustrated us on more than one occasion. 3 shutouts in 4 games to be precise with another still to be played.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2015, 04:13 PM
What no Kris Boyd. That can only harm his chance of getting back in the Scotland team.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Did I just hear Allan say on the STV news he wants to stay at Hibs next year regardless of the league we are in?

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Did I just hear Allan say on the STV news he wants to stay at Hibs next year regardless of the league we are in?

Yip

Pete
21-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Kind of makes you wonder about these "rumours" and their source, eh?

Biggie
21-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Gomis ?....your joking, dirty barsteward.....ozturk ?.....2 Spawny shots.....walker ??......diving wee scrote....there's only one to vote for.

KdyHby
21-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Yams are clearly coordinating a voting campaign as Walker's vote is currently rocketing

1875Sean
21-04-2015, 06:24 PM
anyone know if there is a young player of the year in this league
:confused:

SaulGoodman
21-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Yams are clearly coordinating a voting campaign as Walker's vote is currently rocketing

It's voted by the players anyway. The poll on the website is irrelevant.

emerald green
21-04-2015, 06:42 PM
If you win it for persistent fouling and getting away with it, then Gomis for me.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Considering the league season Hearts have had, one of their players will get it, which is fair enough. A player from another club would need to have been absolutely brilliant. Allan has been very good for us, but I don't think he'll win it.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2015, 06:43 PM

The votes by the players have already been cast, internet voting campaigns will make no difference to the result which is already decided and kept secret.

Beefster
21-04-2015, 07:26 PM
The votes by the players have already been cast, internet voting campaigns will make no difference to the result which is already decided and kept secret.

They're not that secret. I know the players who finished in the top four.

Eyrie
21-04-2015, 07:27 PM
It's voted by the players anyway. The poll on the website is irrelevant.

Thank gods for that. There are 400,000 inbreds all voting for Walker and looking forward to high-sixing each other if he wins.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2015, 07:30 PM
They're not that secret. I know the players who finished in the top four.

Do you know the order though :wink:

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Thank gods for that. There are 400,000 inbreds all voting for Walker and looking forward to high-sixing each other if he wins.

:agree: One family responsible for all of the votes.

SaulGoodman
21-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Do you know the order though :wink:

Allan
Walker
Gomis
Ozturk

:wink:

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Allan
Walker
Gomis
Ozturk

:wink:

Correct

Swedish hibee
21-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Absolutely deserves to win.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-04-2015, 07:48 PM
He's the best out of those 4 by the length of Leith Walk. Sitting watching Barca pumping PSG and Iniesta is playing Allan esque balls through to Neymar, the main difference is Neymar is clinical.
If Allan had got up and running from the first game of the season we might not have made such a sluggish start

Last Minute
21-04-2015, 07:56 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/317911-hearts-and-hibernian-stars-lead-championship-player-award-nominations/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last Minute
21-04-2015, 07:57 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hearts/317911-hearts-and-hibernian-stars-lead-championship-player-award-nominations/

Onceinawhile
21-04-2015, 07:57 PM
You know it doesn't count towards the actual award right?

CraigHibee
21-04-2015, 08:18 PM

it's just a poll that stv are doing to ask who WE think should win it, the votes don't count to the actual award

Hibeesmad
21-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Who votes for the winner? Does it go to a panel or do players vote? I Thought the players have already voted for the top4, or is the winner the person who got the most votes out of those 4?

Hibeesmad
21-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Fans from other clubs were raving about him after Saturday's performance

The_Sauz
21-04-2015, 09:23 PM
As much as I'm not a big fan of his (YET :wink:) I would have thought Jason would have made the top 4! As a 19 year old playing in his first season in a pro league, he has done really well leading the scoring charts!

Hibeesmad
21-04-2015, 09:40 PM
As much as I'm not a big fan of his (YET :wink:) I would have thought Jason would have made the top 4! As a 19 year old playing in his first season in a pro league, he has done really well leading the scoring charts!

Deserves it more than Ozturk anyway

Unseen work
21-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Allan by a mile

PeterboroHibee
22-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Who votes for the winner? Does it go to a panel or do players vote? I Thought the players have already voted for the top4, or is the winner the person who got the most votes out of those 4?

I think its already decided by the votes. The names released are just the top 4.

s.a.m
22-04-2015, 08:43 AM
You know it doesn't count towards the actual award right?

I don't care. There's 3 Hearts players against 1 Hibs player, so I'm voting. Right?

:greengrin

Keith_M
22-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Walker is ahead in the Poll by about 6 percent.

silverhibee
22-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Only one winner there for me

And it won't be a Hibs player. A tramp will win it. Queen B will demand a guard of honour when said tramp collects award. A strongly worded letter will be sent to the organisers for it not happening and a complaint about the females toilets being blocked. That's how Queen B rolls.

scoopyboy
22-04-2015, 01:16 PM
And it won't be a Hibs player. A tramp will win it. Queen B will demand a guard of honour when said tramp collects award. A strongly worded letter will be sent to the organisers for it not happening and a complaint about the females toilets being blocked. That's how Queen B rolls.

I've got a hunch Scott Allan will win it.

I don't think Hearts have had an outstanding player all season, more of a team effort from them.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2015, 01:24 PM

I don't think Hearts have had an outstanding player all season, more of a team effort from them.

I think you might be right. Just as when Griffiths was up for the awards a couple of years ago, and Celtic were having YET ANOTHER huff that their god given right to win everything was being challenged , the votes for Hearts players will be spread throughout the team, whereas when players think of us, Allan will have stood out like a sore thumb just for some of his runs and passes.

Keith_M
22-04-2015, 01:24 PM

I haven't seen much of them but Walker is spoken of very highly.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with one of them winning it.

Thecat23
22-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Kind of makes you wonder about these "rumours" and their source, eh?

I can tell you exactly who the source was. His dad!!

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I haven't seen much of them but Walker is spoken of very highly.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with one of them winning it.

:agree: When a team wins the league by that distance its hard not to recognise that some of their players performed the best over the season.

GreenArmyyy!
22-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Trying not to sound biased but Allan is the best player in this league and on his day it is by some distance.

Smartie
22-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Trying not to sound biased but Allan is the best player in this league and on his day it is by some distance.

I agree with that but he did have a slow start to the season whilst he got his fitness up to scratch. From mid-October onwards he was superb but had a quiet wee spell again at the start of this year.

He has absolutely been back to his best during the past 3 games though imo and on his day is one of the best players in the country let alone the league.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2015, 03:11 PM
I can't say i have watched any game herts play apart from when they play us, so unless you watch their players regularly i'm not sure you can give an honest opinion over the course of any given season?

Allan when on form is a super player, who's ability is up there as good as anything i have seen in a Hibs shirt for years. :top marks

greenlex
22-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Championship player of the year. What a loady pish. An award for the best player in the second best league in a third rate footballing country. I bet it's plastic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2015, 03:33 PM
I think Fontaine has absolutely strolled this league since he came in - for me a good shout too.

Couldnae agree more.

CMac1988
22-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Just on the radio a few minutes a go, but Scott Allan interviewed earlier on today and said he wanted to stay at Hibs next season. Straight from the man himself.
Really enjoying the atmosphere and coaching etc.

Really happy with this news and is testament to the good job that the new staff are doing.

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. Had a look but couldn't see anything.

Keith_M
22-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Just on the radio a few minutes a go, but Scott Allan interviewed earlier on today and said he wanted to stay at Hibs next season. Straight from the man himself.
Really enjoying the atmosphere and coaching etc.

Really happy with this news and is testament to the good job that the new staff are doing.

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. Had a look but couldn't see anything.

Sorry if this sounds like nit-picking but, did he say he was definitely going to stay, even if Hibs aren't promoted?

Sometimes Players can be guilty of saying things that people want to hear, but in such a way as to leave their options open. I'm not saying that it's what he did, but I'd be interested to know what his exact words were.

Waxy
22-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Heard it too.he's staying.

CMac1988
22-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Sorry if this sounds like nit-picking but, did he say he was definitely going to stay, even if Hibs aren't promoted?

Sometimes Players can be guilty of saying things that people want to hear, but in such a way as to leave their options open. I'm not saying that it's what he did, but I'd be interested to know what his exact words were.

I'm a stickler for reading into things but he sounded genuine when he said he would want to stay and went on to say he's enjoyed this season but feels the team have let down the fans on occasion. There was no mention of promotion or relegation. Whilst you never heard the interviewer it seems they were only playing back the answer to whether or not he'd be here next season.

DH1875
22-04-2015, 05:54 PM
I can tell you exactly who the source was. His dad!!

So what did his dad say?

Thecat23
22-04-2015, 05:55 PM
So what did his dad say?

He was telling everyone he was Dundee Utd bound! Really hope we keep him myself, boys a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OsloHibs
22-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Scott Allan :not worth

Swedish hibee
26-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Do we know who has won yet?

Hiber-nation
26-04-2015, 09:18 PM

It's not till next Sunday :wink:

DAVE1875
26-04-2015, 10:16 PM

It was only the Hibs awards tonight

pedroorange1875
26-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Superb player..who just needs to realise he only played for United 9 times before trying to make it to the big time ;-)

pedroorange1875
26-04-2015, 10:51 PM
never realised he played soo few times