PDA

View Full Version : The effect of BBC Alba`s coverage tomorrow night on our travelling support.

Carheenlea
21-04-2015, 09:18 AM
I`m hoping that the television coverage doesn`t have too much impact on the travelling (although it isn`t really trvelling being pretty much on our doorstep!) support for what is a hugely important game. For some, midweek games are a hassle, and they may well have been pleased to see it scheduled for free to air TV and sette for that, but I hope all who would have been going whether on telly or not will still do so, because a bumper Hibs support in the ground as the team runs out will show them that we have dusted ourselves down and ready to battle on with them to try and achieve our goal of promotion.
We should be looking at 3-4000 at least for what is as good as a home game given the short 15 mile run along the road.

CB_NO3
21-04-2015, 09:25 AM
People are more likely to watch the Madrid derby before going to the Hibs game or watching it on Alba. Its sad but true. Anyway as long as the usual 500-1000 that go to most away games are there then thats good enough for me. Leave the attendance fascination to Hertz.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2015, 09:41 AM
I will be one of those choosing to watch on Alba. I will be buying my tickets for Falkirk tomorrow, and then plan on getting to all our home and away games in the play-offs - but with the possibility of 6 games plus Falkirk in May, its gonna be an expensive month.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2015, 09:50 AM
People are more likely to watch the Madrid derby before going to the Hibs game or watching it on Alba. Its sad but true. Anyway as long as the usual 500-1000 that go to most away games are there then thats good enough for me. Leave the attendance fascination to Hertz.

Very sad.

Tomorrow's match is vital for us and we must pick up a win to keep up the pressure on Sevco.

Can't believe anyone would rather watch it on the tv than be at the game.

S4uzee
21-04-2015, 09:52 AM
I think the pathetic result on Saturday will have more of an effect on people going than it being on Alba

Sylar
21-04-2015, 09:53 AM
I'd like to be at the game but I'm 500 odd miles away so I'm glad it's on Alba.

I dare say the result at the weekend won't help the attendance much either.

J-C
21-04-2015, 09:55 AM
There will still be the hardcore away support but losing on saturday means some who where thinking about it have made up their minds and will be watching ALBA, I'll be working and catching the game later when I get home.

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 09:55 AM

We usually get a fair few more than that at Livi though :dunno:

I think it will be lower than usual, because of the semi final. Hopefully not too much as the team most likely need the backing of a decent travelling support to get them going again.

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2015, 09:59 AM
I think the pathetic result on Saturday will have more of an effect on people going than it being on Alba

They need to get a bloody grip then :aok:

Steve20
21-04-2015, 10:01 AM

I think it will be lower than usual, because of the semi final. Hopefully not too much as the team most likely need the backing of a decent travelling support to get them going again.

The team shouldn't need the support to get them going. For once, the team should maybe get the support going.

mutley
21-04-2015, 10:01 AM

Same here, it will be iplayer for me

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 10:04 AM
The team shouldn't need the support to get them going. For once, the team should maybe get the support going.

True, but they're only human*, so it could help having a loud support roaring them on.

* At least most of them are, I'm still not sure about Cummings.

Geo_1875
21-04-2015, 10:06 AM

Sorry, but anybody that gives a **** abiut the Madrid derby when Hibs are playing needs to have a ****ing word with themselves.

SlickShoes

Sure we said this last season as well, didn't work very well. Even in the play off when the fans were right behind the team they still managed to concede a last minute goal and get relegated.

Smartie
It really is getting towards the business end of the season though and if it looks like it's a nice night I could see plenty of people making the trip through, in spite go the result at the weekend, in spite of it it being on tv.

One thing is for sure, there will be more fans than Livi or their stewards will have prepared for and it will be an utter farce at the ground.

Leithenhibby
21-04-2015, 10:12 AM

That's poor, should if actually happen... :wink:

Very sad.

Tomorrow's match is vital for us and we must pick up a win to keep up the pressure on Sevco.

Can't believe anyone would rather watch it on the tv than be at the game.

:agree:

I recall a game on telly a few weeks ago that many Hibby's wish they'd attended :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Sorry, but anybody that gives a **** abiut the Madrid derby when Hibs are playing needs to have a ****ing word with themselves.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Northern Hibby
21-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Correct!!

CB_NO3
21-04-2015, 10:28 AM
I agree. Especially a game 20 minutes away.

Golden Bear
21-04-2015, 10:33 AM

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if we had "fans" who chose that option.

MB62
21-04-2015, 10:33 AM
On the theory that every time the fans turn up in numbers, the players don't, maybe everybody should stay away and we might even get promoted.

IFONLY
21-04-2015, 10:35 AM

Don't have a fascination with attendances. Just another excuse!!!!!

rodhibs55
21-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I will be in Benidorm and I will be watching the Livi game. Asked earlier where I could get it and got a reply. Sugar Rays Sports bar where the guy is a mad Hibby as well so I will be heading there. Don't care about the Madrid game.

GGTTH

Boris
21-04-2015, 10:46 AM

500 miles? You could walk that - and 500 more.............. deredede, deredede, .........

Deek01
21-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Is there a cash gate in operation tomorrow?

scooby
21-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Is there a cash gate in operation tomorrow?

Yup

kaimendhibs
21-04-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm going, vital game.

Carheenlea
21-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Sure we said this last season as well, didn't work very well. Even in the play off when the fans were right behind the team they still managed to concede a last minute goal and get relegated.

Different team - same fans.

All we can do as a support is to continue to do our bit by backing those playing for our club. The rewards will be worth it one day.

scoopyboy
21-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm going and have a ticket.

Word of warning to those paying at the gate however. I did this earlier in the season and missed the first fifteen to twenty minutes as they only had a couple of turnstiles open for PATG. I don't expect it to be any different tomorrow.

calumhibee1
21-04-2015, 11:32 AM
I will be one of those choosing to watch on Alba. I will be buying my tickets for Falkirk tomorrow, and then plan on getting to all our home and away games in the play-offs - but with the possibility of 6 games plus Falkirk in May, its gonna be an expensive month.

Likewise. Probably won't be going to the Falkirk game either for the same reason. The possibility of 6 matches in 4 weeks at £20 a pop means that I'd find it hard to justify another 40 quid before they games come round. Just not affordable and I'd imagine that would be the case for most folk. So I'm personally delighted it's on Alba.

CB_NO3
21-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Likewise. Probably won't be going to the Falkirk game either for the same reason. The possibility of 6 matches in 4 weeks at £20 a pop means that I'd find it hard to justify another 40 quid before they games come round. Just not affordable and I'd imagine that would be the case for most folk. So I'm personally delighted it's on Alba.
So you are saving money for Hibs games that might not even happen :wink: Surely you should go to the games and support the team for the games that matter, rather then games that might not even exist. I do agree though, May could be an expensive month.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2015, 11:49 AM
I'll be there and if you can go then please attend. The team need us.

Brightside
21-04-2015, 11:54 AM

Yeh - thats one of the weirdest things ive ever seen on here. If you'd rather watch the Madrid game than the Hibs game you are 100% not a Hibs Supporter.

HibsNutter
21-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Will be there +5. Hopefully take a big crowd through, all that 'fascination with hearts' sh*te aside, it looks and sounds better when our ends full.

SteveHFC
21-04-2015, 12:12 PM

TAHibby
21-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Half hour walk from Livingston north station, is that the main way people get to the ground?

scooby
21-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Half hour walk from Livingston north station, is that the main way people get to the ground?

Livi South is closer but not such a frequent service.

IrnBru22
21-04-2015, 12:43 PM
FAO people patg.. Get there early. Last time theres was only 2 or 3 gates open, queues were massive and people were still trying to get in 20 mins after k.o

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm sure there will be a good turnout, despite the semi final result and the TV coverage. It's an important game and a local derby, and there is pay at the gate. A couple of thousand perhaps?

Hermit Crab
21-04-2015, 12:48 PM

Roughly every half hour to Livvy South until later on in the evening.

Travel between 16:40 and 18:15 you'll need to pay the full fare as that's peak time.

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 01:00 PM

Trains after the game from Livi South are infrequent.

I think they are pretty equi distant to be honest. Quickest way to get to ground from train would be phone a cab when on the train say 5 mins before you arrive and it will be there when the train gets in. If more than 1 person could be relatively cheap as wont be much more than 5-7 quid.

BH Hibs
21-04-2015, 01:10 PM
I thought there was some strange rule which stopped other games being shown live on TV when the Champions League was being played.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2015, 01:11 PM
I thought there was some strange rule which stopped other games being shown live on TV when the Champions League was being played.

Yip, I was pretty certain about this so was surprised when I realised it was Champions League night. I wonder is Alba are breaking some rules here

Found this - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/champions-league-action-could-cause-tv-blackout-for-celtics-scottish-199720n.120272733

brianmc
21-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Livi South is half a mile further from the stadium if you follow the road. Probably around the same distance if you know the shortcuts through the streets of dedridge and the shopping centre.
As stated though the train service to North is more frequent and also a shorter journey time.

green.and.white
21-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Yip, I was pretty certain about this so was surprised when I realised it was Champions League night. I wonder is Alba are breaking some rules here

Found this - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/champions-league-action-could-cause-tv-blackout-for-celtics-scottish-199720n.120272733

I think it is top-level league and cup competitions only?

O'Rourke3
21-04-2015, 02:15 PM
First bus 27 or 28 to Livingston bus station about 5-10 mins walk from the there depending on mobility.... I'd say the walk from Livingston South (versus North) was longer although the train cheaper...

Sent from my brain

pontius pilate
21-04-2015, 02:44 PM
If I couldn't park in the staff car park at the centre I would have got the first bus x27/28 or the horsburgh x40. Also the main car park at the centre is free parking after 18:00 for those wishing to drive through. As I said I get a perk of free staff parking

Albanian Hibs
21-04-2015, 02:51 PM
I for one am glad it is on the telly. Can't go as I do not have a babysitter.

.Sean.
21-04-2015, 05:10 PM
I'll be there. Missed more away games than I'd have liked this year due to being well short-staffed at work but no excuses for not attending tomorrow. Looking forward to it actually.

Still absolutely gutted about Saturday but just need to dust myself down and get over it. Massive week and a bit coming up for the club and the team need all the backing they can get. If you can make it and can afford it get along :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
21-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Real fans do not miss games just because they are on the Television.

Real Emerald
21-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Neither do Barca fans!

Pete
21-04-2015, 05:34 PM
If we don't win on wed promotion becomes a lot, lot harder.

The Madrid derby will still be OK without you.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Did that walk back in 2005. It's a long half hour with hardly any pavements to walk on. Seemed longer on the way back because it was winter and dark by then. 5.30 kick off IIRC. About 6000 Hibbys there. If I had known that it was that long a walk I think I would have just jumped on a 27 or 28 First Bus.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2015, 05:48 PM
I was going to just stay at home and watch it on the TV

But changed my mind at half 4 and went to pick up my ticket. GGTTH

Sir David Gray
21-04-2015, 06:45 PM

Neither do Barca fans!

:tee hee:

Eyrie
21-04-2015, 07:30 PM
I had no intention of going tomorrow, and the fact that the Madrid derby is on means that I know exactly what I'll be doing instead.

Get home, get my tea and watch Alba.

J-C
21-04-2015, 07:32 PM

Just uber fans like you I suppose, some of us work and are unable to make away games, is it ok if I stick to home games.

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2015, 07:47 PM
If I couldn't park in the staff car park at the centre I would have got the first bus x27/28 or the horsburgh x40. Also the main car park at the centre is free parking after 18:00 for those wishing to drive through. As I said I get a perk of free staff parking

Is that the Almondvale centre car park mate??

Sir David Gray
21-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Just uber fans like you I suppose, some of us work and are unable to make away games, is it ok if I stick to home games.

I honestly don't know why people react like that to posts such as the one you have replied to, when it is quite obvious that's not what the person was referring to.

I got a similar response a few weeks back and it's quite frustrating.

People who are unable to make games because of work commitments are not being criticised by anyone that I have ever read on here. The post you replied to was criticising people who don't go to games because they're watching it on the tv.

Personally I would question how much of a fan someone is as well, if that person is able to go but chooses not to because it's on tv.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Weather tomorrow night in Livi at kick off. 16 degrees Celsius with winds of only 3 mph. A good night for football.

CraigHibee
21-04-2015, 08:21 PM
as with any televised games i do expect it to effect the crowd, i considered just watching it on tv but bought a ticket the other week, looking forward to the trip to livi :greengrin

number9dream
21-04-2015, 08:34 PM
A real test of mental strength for the team and fans alike.
Heads are sure to be down after Saturday and out best player is missing against a side that will be fired up and going for six games unbeaten...
I'll be watching on the telly since I've just had a knee operation today.
Weather forecast is fantastic so that might help get a few floating voters along.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2015, 08:47 PM
I honestly don't know why people react like that to posts such as the one you have replied to, when it is quite obvious that's not what the person was referring to.

People who are unable to make games because of work commitments are not being criticised by anyone that I have ever read on here. The post you replied to was criticising people who don't go to games because they're watching it on the tv.

Personally I would question how much of a fan someone is as well, if that person is able to go but chooses not to because it's on tv.

Why do you need to know just how much a fan someone is? I clearly know that i'm nowhere near the supporter i used to be, or indeed i'm nowhere near as loyal as some folk are.

What difference will it make to you knowing this, and why would you question it?

jdships
21-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Why do you need to know just how much a fan someone is? I clearly know that i'm nowhere near the supporter i used to be, or indeed i'm nowhere near as loyal as some folk are.

What difference will it make to you knowing this, and why would you question it?

:top marks
Good post OP should remember this is football we are talking about not " life and death"

J-C
21-04-2015, 09:05 PM

We've just had an expensive weekend, then an away match a few days later, of course there will be a good few who'll watch it on telly, work or not it's not on to question these guys loyalty, when they stop going to home games when it's on telly, then you can question their commitment.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 09:06 PM
It's a shame that threads about the size of a crowd invariably turn bitchy. We're all adults, and nobody has justify their attendance or non-attendance at a football match to anybody. Go or don't go; watch on TV or don't bother; its all cool. We all do what we want, and we all want the same team to win. Hopefully as many who can get along will, but it's none of my business.

jdships
21-04-2015, 09:12 PM
It's a shame that threads about the size of a crowd invariably turn bitchy. We're all adults, and nobody has justify their attendance or non-attendance at a football match to anybody. Go or don't go; watch on TV or don't bother; its all cool. We all do what we want, and we all want the same team to win. Hopefully as many who can get along will, but it's none of my business.

Absolutely !!
Thank you for a sensible post :thumbsup:

Hibeesmad
21-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Hibs fans always turn up for the games that matter in great numbers, majority of the time we are let down and that is the only thing preventing people from going to these smaller games. Yes as a fan people might think that you should be going to the games and supporting the team but I know many people who can't attend some games due to work etc and keep their holidays and days off for the bigger games where the team needs us most and regardless of what you may think, you can't argue with that

My_Wife_Camille
21-04-2015, 09:17 PM

Personally I would question how much of a fan someone is as well, if that person is able to go but chooses not to because it's on tv.Always surprises me too! I never mentioned work, finances, location or anything like that. Just that if the game being on TV is your reason for not going then you are not a real supporter.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Always surprises me too! I never mentioned work, finances, location or anything like that. Just that if the game being on TV is your reason for not going then you are not a real supporter.

:faf: What if someone is weighing up which game to go to that he can afford, maybe watch this one on tv and go to the one at the weekend?

Is there a certain amount of games people should go to to be allowed into the real supporters club?

FranckSuzy
21-04-2015, 09:25 PM
:faf: What if someone is weighing up which game to go to that he can afford, maybe watch this one on tv and go to the one at the weekend?

Is there a certain amount of games people should go to to be allowed into the real supporters club?

Is this a breakaway from the HSA? :wink:

I'm not going tomorrow. I can afford it, I'm not working but I'll have a black eye (from an op., before anyone starts :tee hee:) so for everyone else's good, I'm staying away :agree: :witch:

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2015, 09:28 PM

I'm not going tomorrow. I can afford it, I'm not working but I'll have a black eye (from an op., before anyone starts :tee hee:) so for everyone else's good, I'm staying away :agree: :witch:

Aye right, you were in a punch up in the family section on Saturday. :wink:

FranckSuzy
21-04-2015, 09:30 PM

Not this time :faf: :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 09:35 PM

Sounds painful. What was that for, Suzy?

FranckSuzy
21-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Sounds painful. What was that for, Suzy?

Blackpoolhibs banjoed me :agree: :tee hee:

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 09:42 PM

He'd only ever hit Rod Petrie.

Swedish hibee
21-04-2015, 09:49 PM
If you want to go support Hibs- then go & do us proud.
But these posters on here boasting about what else they have got to do on a flipping Wednesday night make me want to rip my hair out.

My_Wife_Camille
21-04-2015, 10:03 PM

If someone finds themselves in a situation where finances dictate which games they can go to then they have my every sympathy and I may declare them a real supporter at a later date pending further investigation.

However, as previously stated, if your reason for not going to the game is because it is on TV then you are not a real supporter.

EastCalderHibby
21-04-2015, 10:31 PM
I agree. Especially a game 20 minutes away.

5 minutes for me was at the semi :boo hoo: and will be at livi too
mind you that's if there's a patg
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 10:38 PM
5 minutes for me was at the semi :boo hoo: and will be at livi too
mind you that's if there's a patg
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Aye, you can pay at the gate from 6.45

Sir David Gray
21-04-2015, 10:40 PM
We've just had an expensive weekend, then an away match a few days later, of course there will be a good few who'll watch it on telly, work or not it's not on to question these guys loyalty, when they stop going to home games when it's on telly, then you can question their commitment.

If you can afford to go tomorrow night and have no other commitments and yet choose to watch it on BBC Alba then, yes, I would question that person's loyalty.

It's Livingston we're playing tomorrow night, not Timbuktu United.

For most Hibs fans, it's the most local match we have, after the derby.

Eyrie
21-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I'll have been at work all day, so the last thing I want is to have to rush home, bolt my meal and race though to Livingston. I'm comfortable with my choice of watching on TV because I have to find a balance in my life and not have it dominated by a football team.

If that means some posters think I'm not a proper fan, then that says more about their personal priorities than it does my support for my club.

EastCalderHibby
21-04-2015, 10:50 PM

I know what you mean mate sat next to her v der huns nasty very very nasty :wink:

Sir David Gray
21-04-2015, 10:50 PM
I'll have been at work all day, so the last thing I want is to have to rush home, bolt my meal and race though to Livingston. I'm comfortable with my choice of watching on TV because I have to find a balance in my life and not have it dominated by a football team.

If that means some posters think I'm not a proper fan, then that says more about their personal priorities than it does my support for my club.

I give up.

Some people are just completely ignoring what is being said by myself and others who are making similar points.

I don't know if it's deliberate or not but, either way, I'm out.

FranckSuzy
21-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I know what you mean mate sat next to her v der huns nasty very very nasty :wink:

Just cause you never got a sweetie :na na: :tee hee:

EastCalderHibby
21-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Just cause you never got a sweetie :na na: :tee hee:

correct :greengrin

Jamesie
21-04-2015, 11:07 PM

I remember just over 4,000 attending a midweek game against St Johnstone back in April 1993 after we had lost to Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup Semi at Tynecastle the weekend before.

frazeHFC
22-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Wish I could be there. :grr: Not worth travelling down for it especially with exams starting next week.

greenlex
22-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Nandos for scram then the game followed by nightshift.⚽️⚽️⚽️

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2015, 07:04 AM

:take that

J-C
22-04-2015, 07:16 AM
If someone finds themselves in a situation where finances dictate which games they can go to then they have my every sympathy and I may declare them a real supporter at a later date pending further investigation.

However, as previously stated, if your reason for not going to the game is because it is on TV then you are not a real supporter.

I give up.

Some people are just completely ignoring what is being said by myself and others who are making similar points.

I don't know if it's deliberate or not but, either way, I'm out.

As I said in another post, question their loyalty if they choose to watch a game on telly if it's a home game, not an away game no matter where that game is. We average around 9-10K at home games so are the 6-7k who don't go to away games not REAL supporters FFS.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2015, 07:35 AM

:faf: :top marks

Allant1981
22-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Ill be watching it on the tv, really cant be bothered finishing work then rushing home to get changed to head back through to livi, pretty much sums up the last couple of seasons for me, there isnt a burning desire to get to the football now, up to about 5 years ago i wouldnt have dreamed of not going, now its not such a big deal

Carheenlea
22-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Thread was not intended to ask questions about nonsense like "real supporters" but a query on what folks thoughts were on the game being on free to air telly, and what kind of impact it will have on our support.
I`m 25 miles south of Edinburgh so midweek away trips can sometimes be a bit of a struggle workwise, but Livingston will have the same travelling time as a home match for me so an easy one to get along to. The fact it is on the telly hasn`t dissuaded me at all, but for some, the TV will be an easy decision for a variety of reasons, and it`s nobody`s business really why.
If you can get along to support the team at Livingston - great - see you there. If watching on telly - enjoy. What we all want is to be celebrating an away win later on and a step closer to gaining 2nd place.

HH81
22-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I really want to go tonight but my wife will not allow me. TV for me so what type of fan am I?

Under the thumb.fan

Big game tonight 3 points please Hibs.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2015, 10:36 AM
I really want to go tonight but my wife will not allow me. TV for me so what type of fan am I?

Under the thumb.fan

Big game tonight 3 points please Hibs.

What do you mean your wife will not allow you? Are you a man or not?

FranckSuzy
22-04-2015, 10:38 AM

He'll be at the egg chasing since he lives in Yorkshire :agree: :greengrin

HH81
22-04-2015, 10:41 AM

Haha.

HH81
22-04-2015, 10:42 AM

I think you would right enjoy a day at the rugby league. :-)

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2015, 10:51 AM
I will be watching on the telly tonight. I'm not an away fan these days, though I will go to important away games in the cups ( Ross Count, Ayr Utd and Killie in the last few years ) and of course semis and finals. Quite like our friendlies too and have been to Bolton, Blackpool, Carlisle and Berwick in the last few years.

If we end up making it to the play off final I will be heading for Ibrox and Motherwell too if it comes to it and me & my mate can get tickets. I doubt I would get tickets for QOTS.

As far as folk from Edinburgh go ........ This is a big game for us and Livvi is as close to Edinburgh as Gala is to Hawick, sure as hell if the game was being played in Hawick I would be going .... I cant believe we wont manage a decent support for this game.

LancashireHibby
22-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Would love to be going but couldn't get the time off work. Anyone if it can be watched on BBC iPlayer as it seems Alba has a live stream on there?

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Would love to be going but couldn't get the time off work. Anyone if it can be watched on BBC iPlayer as it seems Alba has a live stream on there?

Will you be at work during the game? If you're home, you should be able to get Alba.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2015, 11:41 AM

You may DECLARE them a real supporter??? :tee hee::tee hee:
Who made you King of the Hibs fans? :not worth:not worth

Everyone has their reasons, but as said previously finances dictate that if I want to go to Falkirk away next week and then all of our play-off games (which will also be on TV) this is the game I will take the opportunity to miss. I would love to be there, but even if it wasn't on TV, I would probably listen to the game on Hibs TV. I have just bought my tickets for me and my son for Falkirk next week by the way. Pretty pretty please will you purrleeeeease declare me a real supporter?!?!?! :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2015, 11:59 AM
I remember when I was an uber fan in the days before social media, I just went to the games and didnae feel the need to tell everyone else in the boozer etc what to do re their football attending exploits.

Bad Martini
22-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Ahh, vintage. When all else fails, lets have a big auld pagger over being "real" fans.

What a load of pish. :agree:

Go, dinny go. Its naebodies business but yours.

If you go, and feel the need to proclaim it, dinny expect praise. Its up to you. Nobody gives a toss.
If you dont go and feel the needto proclaim it, dinny expect a rise, its up to you. Nobody gives a toss.

Err, ENDOF? :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
22-04-2015, 12:46 PM

Peanut hugging. :D

HH81
22-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Peanut hugging. :D

Bully. :-)

CMac1988
22-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Ahh, vintage. When all else fails, lets have a big auld pagger over being "real" fans.

What a load of pish. :agree:

Go, dinny go. Its naebodies business but yours.

If you go, and feel the need to proclaim it, dinny expect praise. Its up to you. Nobody gives a toss.
If you dont go and feel the needto proclaim it, dinny expect a rise, its up to you. Nobody gives a toss.

Err, ENDOF? :thumbsup:

Hmm logic...

I've watched a few games on ALBA over the last year or two and their coverage is pretty good. If you can block out the gaelic commentary which in fairness is probably more impartial than the usual BBC lot then it's a good watch. Half time interviews etc. are genuinely better than the crap put out by BBC Scotland also.

As for it affecting the attendance? Not sure most folk even realise ALBA is showing the game.

As for me I feel the need to proclaim it and expect praise!! :greengrin I'll be there tonight as it's virtually a home game with it being closer to home than Easter Road.

My_Wife_Camille
22-04-2015, 01:00 PM
You may DECLARE them a real supporter??? :tee hee::tee hee:
Who made you King of the Hibs fans? :not worth:not worth

Everyone has their reasons, but as said previously finances dictate that if I want to go to Falkirk away next week and then all of our play-off games (which will also be on TV) this is the game I will take the opportunity to miss. I would love to be there, but even if it wasn't on TV, I would probably listen to the game on Hibs TV. I have just bought my tickets for me and my son for Falkirk next week by the way. Pretty pretty please will you purrleeeeease declare me a real supporter?!?!?! :wink:

I am not the King of Hibs fans, however I do help make up a small group of Elite Supporters who would never dream of letting TV get in the way of supporting my team. As one of these Elite Supporters (or Uber Fans) I believe ghat it is my right - no, my duty to to condemn those that I do not believe to be true supporters.

As you have admitted that you would love to be there but you are unable to attend due to financial restrictions, I do declare that you are probably a real supporter. I would need more details before I could confirm this however.

I would like like to clarify (for, I think, the third time) that I am not talking about those who are unable to attend due to work, financial or location restrictions, simply those who choose not to go just because the game is on the television.

lyonhibs
22-04-2015, 01:03 PM
I am not the King of Hibs fans, however I do help make up a small group of Elite Supporters who would never dream of letting TV get in the way of supporting my team. As one of these Elite Supporters (or Uber Fans) I believe ghat it is my right - no, my duty to to condemn those that I do not believe to be true supporters.

As you have admitted that you would love to be there but you are unable to attend due to financial restrictions, I do declare that you are probably a real supporter. I would need more details before I could confirm this however.

I would like like to clarify (for, I think, the third time) that I am not talking about those who are unable to attend due to work, financial or location restrictions, simply those who choose not to go just because the game is on the television.

:faf::faf: I think you're catching a few fishes with this "I do declare you a true Hibs fan, pending investigation" wind up :greengrin (please god, let it be a wind up.....)

Agree entirely with your last paragraph though. If all other things are equal and the sole reason you aren't attending tonight is because it's on BBC Alba, you're not a Hibs supporter

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2015, 01:10 PM

:aok:

Smartie
22-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Hmm logic...

I've watched a few games on ALBA over the last year or two and their coverage is pretty good. If you can block out the gaelic commentary which in fairness is probably more impartial than the usual BBC lot then it's a good watch. Half time interviews etc. are genuinely better than the crap put out by BBC Scotland also.

As for it affecting the attendance? Not sure most folk even realise ALBA is showing the game.

As for me I feel the need to proclaim it and expect praise!! :greengrin I'll be there tonight as it's virtually a home game with it being closer to home than Easter Road.

I honestly think that the half-time articles on ALBA are the best football tv articles going at the moment. I like Scottish football and I'm interested in all the teams other than the Old Firm, and this small section caters exactly for that. Top notch broadcasting. Shame the BBC couldn't even put out a wee 30 minute long general interest football show based on this format each week.

I like football in general but much of the Premiership, Champions League and European Football tv coverage is all about way more style and razzmatazz than substance.

JimBHibees
22-04-2015, 01:19 PM
I honestly think that the half-time articles on ALBA are the best football tv articles going at the moment. I like Scottish football and I'm interested in all the teams other than the Old Firm, and this small section caters exactly for that. Top notch broadcasting.

I like football in general but much of the Premiership, Champions League and European Football tv coverage is all about way more style and razzmatazz than substance.

Agree they did an excellent one on Mark Burchill earlier in the season when we last played at Almondvale. They are sharp and the coverage is good much better than the ex-player clique which infest Sportscene/Sportsound.

Bishop Hibee
22-04-2015, 04:37 PM
I remember when I was an uber fan in the days before social media, I just went to the games and didnae feel the need to tell everyone else in the boozer etc what to do re their football attending exploits.

Superb post. Fair play to those who go this evening but as I forked out over £100 to go with my two eldest on Saturday I'll stick to watching it on the box.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm not going either. Not long finished work so stopped off at the pub for a couple of pints before heading home to the comfort of my sofa and watching the game on Alba.

I too was there on Saturday.

If I hadn't been working today then I may have been there.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Superb post. Fair play to those who go this evening but as I forked out over £100 to go with my two eldest on Saturday I'll stick to watching it on the box.

Hibs.net need to introduce a 'Like' button so people who tell you that they are or have been to the match can drool.

Ryan69
22-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Is the match being shown live on Alba or delayed coverage?

I'm just thinking stream wise for internet.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Is the match being shown live on Alba or delayed coverage?

I'm just thinking stream wise for internet.

Live.

ALF TUPPER
22-04-2015, 05:21 PM
ghlóir ghlóir don Hibees

The_Horde
22-04-2015, 05:38 PM
It's a shambles, it really is. These are the same supporters who wouldn't make it to the games for half the season "because of petrie" but when we started to win some games suddenly appeared at easter road.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm the type of supporter that decides whether or not to go to away games depending on my mood or if I can be ersed. On this occasion I'm in a good mood because it's on the TV so I can't be ersed going. That's the truth of the matter for me.

Aldo
22-04-2015, 06:07 PM
I am not the King of Hibs fans, however I do help make up a small group of Elite Supporters who would never dream of letting TV get in the way of supporting my team. As one of these Elite Supporters (or Uber Fans) I believe ghat it is my right - no, my duty to to condemn those that I do not believe to be true supporters. As you have admitted that you would love to be there but you are unable to attend due to financial restrictions, I do declare that you are probably a real supporter. I would need more details before I could confirm this however. I would like like to clarify (for, I think, the third time) that I am not talking about those who are unable to attend due to work, financial or location restrictions, simply those who choose not to go just because the game is on the television.

One great big stick.....one great big pot...... Give it a great big STIR.......how many bites??

Tsk tsk!! ;-)

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2015, 06:36 PM
It's a shambles, it really is. These are the same supporters who wouldn't make it to the games for half the season "because of petrie" but when we started to win some games suddenly appeared at easter road.

Really, can you name them? :faf:

TheFamous1875
22-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Anyone else having a technical fault with BBC Alba?

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2015, 06:49 PM

Yes it's down everywhere

Gee7062
22-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Yes

mca
Yes it's down everywhere

Yes.. Down here too..

Hfc_Since1875

I'm getting that message too

Boyle89
22-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Ffs. Hiding in the office at work and the channel is down.

O'Rourke3
22-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Picture is fine in the stadium

Sent from my brain

lyonhibs
22-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Picture is fine in the stadium

Sent from my brain

From your smug front row seat, how many folk are in the away end out of interest ?

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Good result, poor game, glad I watched it at home, Livingston is a hell of a distance to travel on a Wednesday night. Well done to all those who made the effort.

O'Rourke3
22-04-2015, 09:05 PM
From your smug front row seat, how many folk are in the away end out of interest ?
How did you know I was in the snug? Stand looks quite full but according to the stadium announcer crowd was 2300 seemed bigger.

CB_NO3
22-04-2015, 10:00 PM
I reckon 1500 Hibs fans and that is being kind to Livi. The crowd was about 2300.
Edit, the more I think about it, there was probably 1700 Hibs fans.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2015, 10:42 PM
I reckon 1500 Hibs fans and that is being kind to Livi. The crowd was about 2300.
Edit, the more I think about it, there was probably 1700 Hibs fans.

:agree: There was no more than around 600 Livingston fans there tonight.

greenlex
23-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Don't get the poor game view to be honest. Ref spoiled it but Hibs played some decent stuff at times. Two one up at built patiently. Kept the ball well in the second half after a shakey first five minutes. Missed a pen and eventually ran out easy winners, lLivi were tidy at times too. I'm not sure what folks expect or want. Plenty skill graft and determination on show. Not at it for the full 90 but decent enough IMO.

Steve20
23-04-2015, 05:44 AM
Agree entirely with your last paragraph though. If all other things are equal and the sole reason you aren't attending tonight is because it's on BBC Alba, you're not a Hibs supporter

Says who?

Too many people on here want to decide if someone is a real supporter or not when it's nothing to do with them. Sorry, but if someone says they're a Hibs supporter then who is anyone else to tell them they're not.

Peevemor
23-04-2015, 05:51 AM
Don't get the poor game view to be honest. Ref spoiled it but Hibs played some decent stuff at times. Two one up at built patiently. Kept the ball well in the second half after a shakey first five minutes. Missed a pen and eventually ran out easy winners, lLivi were tidy at times too. I'm not sure what folks expect or want. Plenty skill graft and determination on show. Not at it for the full 90 but decent enough IMO.

CallumLaidlaw
23-04-2015, 08:14 AM

:agree: I will take that kind of win every week. Missed the craft of Allan, but in general the players dug in - Fyvie, Fontaine were standouts and Hanlon, Boyle, Robertson all played well too. Thought everyone got passmarks tho. Same again against Alloa will do just fine, and then we can focus on finally sorting Falkirk out.

dangermouse
23-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Agree they did an excellent one on Mark Burchill earlier in the season when we last played at Almondvale. They are sharp and the coverage is good much better than the ex-player clique which infest Sportscene/Sportsound.

Some of the camera work was a bit dodgy. Maybe to cover up the blunders made by the ref :greengrin

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Soooo, back to the original purpose of this article........

How many Hibbies did actually travel to Livi last night then?

lyonhibs
23-04-2015, 08:54 AM

Vox pop from further up this thread appears to suggest 1500-1700. Pretty decent for a mid-week game on telly with the Madrid Derby to compete with.........................

:devil::stirrer:

Pretty Boy
23-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Total crowd was 2300 and I'd say at least 1600 of that were Hibs fans.

Not huge but decent for a TV game on a Wednesday.

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Vox pop from further up this thread appears to suggest 1500-1700. Pretty decent for a mid-week game on telly with the Madrid Derby to compete with.........................

:devil::stirrer:

Total crowd was 2300 and I'd say at least 1600 of that were Hibs fans.

Not huge but decent for a TV game on a Wednesday.

Cheers.

Not too bad, considering.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Says who?

Too many people on here want to decide if someone is a real supporter or not when it's nothing to do with them. Sorry, but if someone says they're a Hibs supporter then who is anyone else to tell them they're not.

I've got a fan in my shed ..... its a fan there's no doubt about it, but it needs a plug. Until I fit a plug on it, it might as well be a speedboat :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-04-2015, 10:49 AM

Agree a good win especially when you consider Rangers got a draw and were probably lucky to win there last week.

jacomo
23-04-2015, 11:10 AM

As a TV spectacle, and 'advertisement' for Scottish football, it was fairly awful. The game itself was pretty poor fare, huge expanses of empty seats (including the Motorola end - so apt to advertise a defunct brand) and, of course, commentary in a language spoken by, at best, 1% of Hibs and Livi fans.

At least Hibs fans played their part by turning up in numbers - Livi seem to be sleep walking to... where exactly?

Gatecrasher
23-04-2015, 11:12 AM
As a TV spectacle, and 'advertisement' for Scottish football, it was fairly awful. The game itself was pretty poor fare, huge expanses of empty seats (including the Motorola end - so apt to advertise a defunct brand) and, of course, commentary in a language spoken by, at best, 1% of Hibs and Livi fans.

At least Hibs fans played their part by turning up in numbers - Livi seem to be sleep walking to... where exactly?

Motorola are still going strong btw :wink:

I thought it was a decent game, nothing special but but the result matters most.

Bad Martini
23-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Livi seem to be sleep walking to... where exactly?

Rangersness? :greengrin:thumbsup:

As a spectacle, it was pish.

However, as a match we needed to win, that happened. And now I have convinced the family to get down to Easter Road on Saturday and enjoy another top flight spectacle of footballing masterclass against the might of Alloa.

Who says advertising doesn't work? :aok::greengrin

jacomo
23-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Rangersness? :greengrin:thumbsup:

As a spectacle, it was pish.

However, as a match we needed to win, that happened. And now I have convinced the family to get down to Easter Road on Saturday and enjoy another top flight spectacle of footballing masterclass against the might of Alloa.

Who says advertising doesn't work? :aok::greengrin

Amen to that. My kids enjoyed their first ever visit to ER for the Easter game against QOS. They haven't mentioned it since.