PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else in the same boat and, being selfish, 1% not too gutted??

lyonhibs
20-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Firstly, let me specify that I was disappointed and upset that Hibs' habit of letting us down at Hampden continued unabated yesterday against Falkirk, a team that we should be aiming to beat every time we play them (I'm aware that's not how it had panned out this season prior to the match, but the fact remains, getting beat by them should not be seen as acceptable or understandable in the slightest).

Distance has turned me into a bit of a part time fan (although I time my returns well, the last 2 games I've seen live were a 3-0 scudding of Kilmarnock under Butcher before it all went tits up, and then 4-0 against Rangers this season) but were I in or near Edinburgh I'd be down ER and at away matches as often as circumstances permitted.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else found themselves in the same boat as me, in that they were guaranteed to miss the final for some reason and therefore - having attended almost every Hampden disappointment you care to mention in the past 10-15 years - the thought of Hibs winning the bloody thing without you there was simultaneously awesome but a bit grim from a selfish POV at the same time.

Now, I don't have to scrabble around trying to find an Irish Bar in Medellin, Columbia, which is where I'll be on May 30th and won't spend quite so much of my time there before that thinking about the final (which would have wrecked my gfriend's head something awful!! :greengrin)

All in all, as well as the customary "oh FFS Hibs" and wry shake of the head that greeted the result on Saturday, there was a tiny bit of me that wasn't too upset, purely because the thought of not being there if/when we'd won this cursed cup makes me feel a bit sick in all honesty.

Am I going to Jambo hell, or were there at least any other Hibbies feeling the same?

Sir David Gray
20-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Nope I was gutted on Saturday and even more gutted now knowing that it would be Inverness we would have played and not Celtic.

Saturday was just another in a very long list of disappointments following Hibs.

GreenArmyyy!
20-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Nope I was gutted on Saturday and even more gutted now knowing that it would be Inverness we would have played and not Celtic.

Saturday was just another in a very long list of disappointments following Hibs.

We never just lose or are just crap. There is always a record to be broken, always hyped up or other factors which allow us to lose with style. Really fed up in being beaten in the games that really matter all the flipping time.

Keith_M
20-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Firstly, let me specify that I was disappointed and upset that Hibs' habit of letting us down at Hampden continued unabated yesterday against Falkirk, a team that we should be aiming to beat every time we play them (I'm aware that's not how it had panned out this season prior to the match, but the fact remains, getting beat by them should not be seen as acceptable or understandable in the slightest).

Distance has turned me into a bit of a part time fan (although I time my returns well, the last 2 games I've seen live were a 3-0 scudding of Kilmarnock under Butcher before it all went tits up, and then 4-0 against Rangers this season) but were I in or near Edinburgh I'd be down ER and at away matches as often as circumstances permitted.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else found themselves in the same boat as me, in that they were guaranteed to miss the final for some reason and therefore - having attended almost every Hampden disappointment you care to mention in the past 10-15 years - the thought of Hibs winning the bloody thing without you there was simultaneously awesome but a bit grim from a selfish POV at the same time.

Now, I don't have to scrabble around trying to find an Irish Bar in Medellin, Columbia, which is where I'll be on May 30th and won't spend quite so much of my time there before that thinking about the final (which would have wrecked my gfriend's head something awful!! :greengrin)

All in all, as well as the customary "oh FFS Hibs" and wry shake of the head that greeted the result on Saturday, there was a tiny bit of me that wasn't too upset, purely because the thought of not being there if/when we'd won this cursed cup makes me feel a bit sick in all honesty.

Am I going to Jambo hell, or were there at least any other Hibbies feeling the same?

Sorry mate, it's just you and, yes, you are going to burn for eternity in the fires of a Maroon Inferno.

:wink:

p.s. I won't even ask what dodgy business it is you have in Colombia, drug capital of the world....

Smartie
20-04-2015, 10:17 AM
I wasn't at the game on Saturday, was at something through my work and to be honest barely gave the game a second thought. I was so detached from it I wasn't really all that bothered that we lost.

I watched the whole game back on i-player yesterday afternoon and the reality of it kicked in big-time. The fact that we did control so much of the game, the fact that it felt like I'd seen that game many times before and the fact that Celtic were by then out just made it so much harder to take.

It must have been an absolute heartbreaker to be at and I've been at enough of them over the years to know what they're like.

Unfortunately I have more work things on at weekends over the next few weeks so I'll miss some more huge games. But I would be absolutely 100% devastated if we did not go up. Personally I feel like I've invested quite a lot into this season emotionally so whether I'm there or not, this counts big time for our club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm sure I speak for the rest of us in saying I'm delighted for the OP. FFS!

scoopyboy
20-04-2015, 10:28 AM
If I was told that if I didn't attend a Scottish Cup Final then Hibs would win it I would take that without hesitation.

I could live with that quite happily for the rest of my life in that my mates and fellow supporters would have seen it live, I would buy the DVD and other items so I could have my own wee souveniers.

Suppose from my angle then you were being selfish.

On another related issue I'm not sure I could handle a Scottish Cup Final if we were winning with a few minutes to go, I could well collapse in a heap. I would definitely collapse if we lost it from there.

The saddest bit for me on Saturday was coming out of the ground and seeing the dejected faces of guys that were either in their late seventies or eighties. There was a resigned look on their faces as if to say I'm never going to see it.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Its just you Lyon .......... :greengrin

MB62
20-04-2015, 10:29 AM
I was asked before getting on the bus to go to the game if I was nervous. In all honestly, I had to reply NO, I really had no great feeling of any emotion, which was very strange. Whilst I got a bit agitated at times during the game, (might even have thrown in a wee sweary word every now again, sorry), the result came as no surprise to me and I was nowhere near as angry as I have been so many times in the past, hardly had any emotional reaction to it at all.

I think I am becoming immune to being booted in the bollocks by Hibs, it's happened so many times I actually expect it, build you up one week, boot you in the gonads the next, that's just being a Hibs supporter, I'm used to it by now.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 10:30 AM
If I was told that if I didn't attend a Scottish Cup Final then Hibs would win it I would take that without hesitation.

I could live with that quite happily for the rest of my life in that my mates and fellow supporters would have seen it live, I would buy the DVD and other items so I could have my own wee souveniers.

On another related issue I'm not sure I could handle a Scottish Cup Final if we were winning with a few minutes to go, I could well collapse in a heap. I would definitely collapse if we lost it from there.

The saddest bit for me on Saturday was coming out of the ground and seeing the dejected faces of guys that were either in their late seventies or eighties. There was a resigned look on their faces as if to say I'm never going to see it.

I'm the same age as you mate and I'm starting to feel like that now :confused:

mutley
20-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Not quite the same, but I too will be overseas on the 30th May, i was almost hoping that Sod's Law would come into effect and we WOULD win when I couldn't be there.

Here's to next year !

GGTTH

SlickShoes
20-04-2015, 10:40 AM
I wasn't too gutted you could see the way the game was going to go right up until they scored, it was disappointing but it's hibs and the Scottish Cup.

I am 32 now, we have had plenty of good opportunities to win this cup and we throw them all away, as a fan there is nothing I can do to ensure hibs will win this cup.

Even a few years ago I still used to dream about the day we win that cup, now I think of winning cup games as a nice bonus and that's about it, I can't get carried away with anything to do with the Scottish Cup.

I am sure in the future we will find plenty of ways to defeat ourselves out of silverware.

Hibby70
20-04-2015, 10:40 AM
I tried to console myself with the thought that I'd now be able to attend my sons 2nd birthday party (and that I wouldn't now have the job of telling the other half that I was going to Hampden instead)!

Zorro
20-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't have been able to go on May 30, but for my dad, my brother, my nieces and nephews and all the thousands like them I would have gladly given up the chance to see the jinx junked!! Was gutted on Saturday, and am really starting to feel the jinx is real...!

c31
20-04-2015, 10:46 AM
I've come to accept this as normal, I wasn't even surprised we lost. The team on Saturday could have play till next week and still not have scored, how I wish we had some steel in the team.

There is something very wrong at Hibs that still need sorted, we are weak as club from top to bottom. Its all too nice, we have a nice ground, a nice training ground, we were nice to Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc., Stubs is nice, we are nice to the opposition, we are nice to the press, we are nice to the referees, as fans we are nice, we bend over and take everything with out complaining. The BBC has slated us for years and we nice to them as well, we are nice to the SFA so Petrie can be included in the SFA gang. Dempster is nice, I though she was different but since she meekly accepted the Dumbarton game on the same day as Scotland home game proved she hasn't got the steel to fight for us, she gives wee sound bits but nothing that changes things.

Its time we became a bunch of b****ds, we need direction from the top to change our nice attitude but we fail because there is no one there that will stand up and be counted, they are all a soft touch and just along for an easy ride, that why we get walked over time and time again.
Until this changes we will accept high cost low level football and we will because we are all nice.

SlickShoes
20-04-2015, 10:49 AM
I actually take back half of what I said, I just watched the highlights of the game and now feel sick.

Coults1875
20-04-2015, 11:03 AM
I actually take back half of what I said, I just watched the highlights of the game and now feel sick.

I don't think I could do that to myself! Still feel sick after the game.

Hiber-nation
20-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Nah, for me that was as sickening as any Hampden defeat.

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2015, 11:15 AM
I've come to accept this as normal, I wasn't even surprised we lost. The team on Saturday could have play till next week and still not have scored, how I wish we had some steel in the team.

There is something very wrong at Hibs that still need sorted, we are weak as club from top to bottom. Its all too nice, we have a nice ground, a nice training ground, we were nice to Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc., Stubs is nice, we are nice to the opposition, we are nice to the press, we are nice to the referees, as fans we are nice, we bend over and take everything with out complaining. The BBC has slated us for years and we nice to them as well, we are nice to the SFA so Petrie can be included in the SFA gang. Dempster is nice, I though she was different but since she meekly accepted the Dumbarton game on the same day as Scotland home game proved she hasn't got the steel to fight for us, she gives wee sound bits but nothing that changes things.

Its time we became a bunch of b****ds, we need direction from the top to change our nice attitude but we fail because there is no one there that will stand up and be counted, they are all a soft touch and just along for an easy ride, that why we get walked over time and time again.
Until this changes we will accept high cost low level football and we will because we are all nice.

After the events of last week, are you sure about that?

Smartie
20-04-2015, 11:22 AM

Nah, I don't agree with this.

Whether we are nice or nasty, we can turn this all around by being able to put a decent ball in the box, show a bit of composure in front of goal and defend for 90 minutes without losing concentration.

I agree that we need to be more ruthless, but that ruthlessness only needs to improve on the park.

The way Dempster has gone about her business with the SFA recently has been perfectly judged - assertive and demanding, standing up for our club without being unreasonable or arsey about it. And Petrie is even less popular with fans of other clubs than he is with ours so I don't think he's exactly been a pushover in the past either.

lord bunberry
20-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I don't know if it's just me but there seems to be an awful lot of people who are not that bothered we lost a cup semi to Falkirk. I don't care if we're a championship club, we should never accept losing to Falkirk in a cup semi. I understand that people might not want to dwell on the defeat given that we have a big game on Wednesday, but it seems more than that to me. Apathy could end up being our downfall.

Broken Gnome
20-04-2015, 11:47 AM
I spent the whole month in advance knowing on the 30th I'd be in Liverpool at a mates stag. Thought it would dilute the whole experience and act as a silver lining. Did it hell.

The lost income hurts as much to be honest.

Newry Hibs
20-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I still feel absolutely gutted.

I think I want to blame someone / something. But it's not like we were outplayed or didn't show up or a bad referee decision (apart from his great break up play). We played well enough (could have done better obviously) and got beat by a sucker punch.

Watched the Arsenal match - and they get a flukey goal, we get Farid's flukey effort not quite going in. Watched Celtc score off the post, we get an off the post that stays out.

Was there with a non Hibs friend who was saying that there's only one team going to win this after 70ish minutes. I did explain that Falkirk would score in 87 minutes and this is Hibs etc - he didn't believe me (he does now).

Bristolhibby
20-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Same boat as the OP. Put spin on it immediately, all the money I'd save not going to the final, etc.

But that was just front, I'd have loved a chance to have a shot at ICT.

Ho hum onto the playoffs.

J

matty_f
20-04-2015, 12:05 PM
I don't know if it's just me but there seems to be an awful lot of people who are not that bothered we lost a cup semi to Falkirk. I don't care if we're a championship club, we should never accept losing to Falkirk in a cup semi. I understand that people might not want to dwell on the defeat given that we have a big game on Wednesday, but it seems more than that to me. Apathy could end up being our downfall.

On this point, how does one go about refusing to accept losing to Falkirk in a cup semi final?

It happened, I wasn't happy about it but I'm not sure how I can do anything other than accepting it. If I say I'm not accepting it, what happens next?

Are you suggesting some form of action to show that it wasn't acceptable? What would work?

lyonhibs
20-04-2015, 12:17 PM
This has gone a little bit off course.

Hopefully it was clear that, from a footballing performance point of view, I was as disappointed as - almost - anyone (perhaps excluding the 17,000 Hibs fans who attended the game, as there's nothing quite like being there to really sharpen up the feelings after another Hampden disappointment)

Losing to Falkirk (or FalkIRk as the guy on the telly insists on accentuating it) is never acceptable. End of discussion.

However, as I felt a bit weird not being totally gutted as it meant there wouldn't be a SC Final for me to miss (gloryhunter alert: high I accept), I was just wondering if any Hibbies, far-flung or not, would have found themselves in the same set of cirumstances as me and how they felt when they found out we'd lost.

Clearly, people at the game or ST holders etc etc are not and never would have been in that situation.

lyonhibs
20-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Its just you Lyon .......... :greengrin

This appears to be the feedback I'm getting :greengrin

TowerHibs
20-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Refusing to accept. ...how do I do this??? I would like to know.

Also, reading this post and other posts...would you have went to final if we won. Because not in a month of Sundays SHOULD a SPL team lose a Scottish cup final to a lower division team. No...of course you would go because upsets happen. IT beat celtic, villa beat Liverpool. Reading very nearly frightened Arsenal. It happens more in football than any other team sport in the world, underdogs beat the favourites. Why bookies rake it in because of it.

People starving, food banks on the rise and inequality at an all time high.

But nah, I shouldn't accept hibs dominating a game and getting beat.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 12:26 PM
This appears to be the feedback I'm getting :greengrin

Nae worries mate ... I get where you are coming from really. Anybody who makes the effort to come all the way from Switzerland to watch Hibs cannae be all bad :greengrin

portyhibernian
20-04-2015, 12:37 PM
I expect nothing from Hibs anymore and still get let down. Bottled it in every big game I've seen us play. I didn't really feel angry or sad on Saturday, I think I've become immune from so much experience. I've decided not to renew my ST as I'm feeling incredibly apathetic towards the club right now, and I suspect I'm not the only one in that boat.

snooky
20-04-2015, 12:37 PM
On this point, how does one go about refusing to accept losing to Falkirk in a cup semi final?

It happened, I wasn't happy about it but I'm not sure how I can do anything other than accepting it. If I say I'm not accepting it, what happens next?

Are you suggesting some form of action to show that it wasn't acceptable? What would work?
Contact the scriptwriters of Dallas.
Maybe we could all wake up to find it was only a dream. :wink:

emerald green
20-04-2015, 01:06 PM
The most damning reaction to Saturday's result was when I spoke a Hibs supporter I bumped into in the street, and his comment was "I'm not in the least bit surprised", said with an air of complete resignation.

It's exactly how I feel. Totally disappointed and let down again. Another chance at least to try to win this trophy chucked away.

BTW Houston was correct. Hibs need to learn to defend a cross ball into the box. That was not "unlucky". It was p*** poor defending when having been under no real concerted pressure during the whole 90 minutes.

But lets just "move on" to use that tired old cliche. Aye OK then. :rolleyes:

PatHead
20-04-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm 51 years old and yet after 48 hours after the defeat I am still feeling fed up. Shouldn't feel like this at my age.

Nothing to do with ICT getting to the final- couldn't have cared who we played we would have been underdogs, just wish we were there - I just can't believe we lost that.

Don't care who wins the cup now to be honest. Just got to get ourselves up for Wednesday and that won't be easy.

SteveHFC
20-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Knew on Saturday morning before the game we'd lose since we always bottle it at Hampden. Had a good day out regardless of the result.

PatHead
20-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Knew on Saturday morning before the game we'd lose since we always bottle it at Hampden. Had a good day out regardless of the result.

"Show Me Someone That Doesn’t Mind Losing, And I’ll Show You A Loser.” — PETE VUCKOVICH

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

Too many of the above around Hibs for the past few years. You should never go to a match with a losers attitude, must admit my day was totally ruined by the result and I couldn't have had a good day.

SlickShoes
20-04-2015, 02:28 PM
"Show Me Someone That Doesn’t Mind Losing, And I’ll Show You A Loser.” — PETE VUCKOVICH

Too many of the above around Hibs for the past few years. You should never go to a match with a losers attitude, must admit my day was totally ruined by the result and I couldn't have had a good day.

I don't buy all that rubbish, just because the fans have watched capitualtion after capitualtion and some of us expect hibs to somehow **** up even the best situations that it effects the team in any way shape or form.

Just because a few folk expect us to make a mess of it doesn't have any bearing on the result on the park and yet it happens time after time.

Last years play off second leg is a prime example, we are 2-0 up, we are 100% behind the team despite years of abject horror, its 2-1 and there are 3 minutes to go, the whole stadium is singing and behind the team, support is at 100% and they lose a goal and we go and get relegated.

Only hibs.

TheMentalHibees
20-04-2015, 02:28 PM

Should've tried a bevvy mate, worked for me.

lord bunberry
20-04-2015, 02:46 PM

You know exactly what I mean. People have been saying they're not that bothered we lost, or they expected us to lose.
My point was about the readiness of some to say "ach well there's always next year" I'm not suggesting any sort of action, I'm just a bit worried that people are starting to think that losing to Falkirk is normal and that our expectations levels are getting lower and lower. I'm worried that we're in the championship and could end up being here for a few years.

ancient hibee
20-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Strange because I've seen us win the league cup three times at Hampden and being cheated out of a last minute penalty in the cup final 1979-didn't bottle any of these games.

lord bunberry
20-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Refusing to accept. ...how do I do this??? I would like to know.

Also, reading this post and other posts...would you have went to final if we won. Because not in a month of Sundays SHOULD a SPL team lose a Scottish cup final to a lower division team. No...of course you would go because upsets happen. IT beat celtic, villa beat Liverpool. Reading very nearly frightened Arsenal. It happens more in football than any other team sport in the world, underdogs beat the favourites. Why bookies rake it in because of it.

People starving, food banks on the rise and inequality at an all time high.

But nah, I shouldn't accept hibs dominating a game and getting beat.
What a load of complete drivel that was. Of course upsets happen, I didn't say don't and you have completely missed the point of my post. What have food banks got to do with football? By your twisted logic we shouldn't care about anything other than things that are of real importance.
Im trying to work out if you're trying to be a smart arse or you're just antagonistic.

scoopyboy
20-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Strange because I've seen us win the league cup three times at Hampden and being cheated out of a last minute penalty in the cup final 1979-didn't bottle any of these games.

didn't bottle it on Saturday either IMO.

ancient hibee
20-04-2015, 02:56 PM

No we dominated and played hard for 90 minutes-nobody should claim lack of bottle.

Bobby's Cinema
20-04-2015, 03:05 PM
:agree: I agree.

There was nothing in the ninety minutes that said to me the occasion was too much. We didn't appear overawed.

We were unlucky, but we also only have ourselves to blame. The same problem that has plagued our season, not taking chances. This makes it difficult to know where to point the frustration/disappointment, as someone has already pointed out.

I'm getting tired of hearing 'typical hibs' comments. To them I say :giruy2:

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2015, 03:23 PM

We didn't bottle anything on Saturday

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2015, 03:24 PM
The most damning reaction to Saturday's result was when I spoke a Hibs supporter I bumped into in the street, and his comment was "I'm not in the least bit surprised", said with an air of complete resignation.

It's exactly how I feel. Totally disappointed and let down again. Another chance at least to try to win this trophy chucked away.

BTW Houston was correct. Hibs need to learn to defend a cross ball into the box. That was not "unlucky". It was p*** poor defending when having been under no real concerted pressure during the whole 90 minutes.

So what do you suggest we do, all sit in a darkened room morose, and feeling sorry for ourselves.....

Nah, we have 3 important games to be played prior to the play-offs.......We get back on the bike so to speak......

Waxy
20-04-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm still gutted. Anyone point me in the direction of a padded cell? Hibs and the Scottish cup does my head in.

SteveHFC
20-04-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm still gutted. Anyone point me in the direction of a padded cell? Hibs and the Scottish cup does my head in.

Will this do?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sad-Zoidberg-Goes-Into-Garbage.gif

cmcd
20-04-2015, 04:05 PM

This post is absolute tosh

joe breezy
20-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I became less gutted when I realised my flight up for 'the final' could now still be used for the play off final.

Getting promoted is far more important than the Scottish Cup. I think we would have got beat by inverness even if we had won on Saturday.

Will be more concerned if we don't go up and more happy (than if we'd won the cup) if we do.

stantonhibby
20-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Indeed.....my dad is 80 this year and was there and was more gutted than the rest.

stantonhibby
20-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Its just you. Ive not met any hibs fan who is not bothered that we lost.

iwasthere1972
20-04-2015, 05:05 PM
I was looking for the poll that says 1% not too gutted.

I think we should all watch the next final on the telly box as we obviously don't bring the team any luck at Hampden by being there.

Seriously gutted now that ICT beat Celtic as we at least stood a chance of putting this Scottish Cup curse to bed.

lord bunberry
20-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Its just you. Ive not met any hibs fan who is not bothered that we lost.
The op in this thread is one

DH1875
20-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Not to worry. Inverness would have beaten us anyway :rolleyes:

Waxy
20-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Will this do?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sad-Zoidberg-Goes-Into-Garbage.gifYes.

emerald green
20-04-2015, 06:16 PM
So what do you suggest we do, all sit in a darkened room morose, and feeling sorry for ourselves.....

Nah, we have 3 important games to be played prior to the play-offs.......We get back on the bike so to speak......

The bit in bold - of course not. That's complete nonsense. There are far more important things going on in the world just now to feel morose about. Just look at whats happening in the Med right now, for example. Getting beaten in a football match comes way down my order of priorities. I believe in keeping things in perspective, or at least I try to.

That said, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to feel disappointed and let down by my football team. Yet again. It doesn't mean I should go about pretending to be happy about another terrible result. I want my team to be successful. No more, no less. Hope that's OK.

Eyrie
20-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Saturday's result was disappointing, but I'm too long in the tooth and have been let down by my expectations for Hibs too often in the past to get depressed about it.

Won't stop me watching the Livingston game on Wednesday or looking forward to being at Easter Road on Saturday though.

marleyhib
20-04-2015, 06:37 PM
100% Gutted but not surprised.

I'd have felt less gutted I think if Falkirk had played well instead of us failing to beat them when we should have (again).

Only consolation of any sort is I'd have found another final loss hard to take, still would have loved us to be there.

Think I'll go to Livi on Wednesday to cheer on the team and hopefully they'll cheer me up with a win.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2015, 06:37 PM
For me what was disappointing us that we played well and lost, we are usually rank and lose so for me this is harder to take than a lot of games we have been involved in
However, we are Hibs fans and we will move on and keep supporting the team, we just can't help it 😊

Dalianwanda
20-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Im back in Edinburgh for the marathon & had arranged to run a Mind Calm training day the day before...Then I realised about the final..Didnt want to change the date just in case I jinxed things..

Watched the game here and was an am gutted..My thinking was that I'd made my choice (I could have cancelled the course) & just hoped for the win so my dad and mates could experience being there to see the cup lifted...Not to be..

Defeat never feels good and it certainly doesn't feel better knowing I'm not missing out on something...Because I am, we never made it through..

So I'll just enjoy delivering my course and hopefully finishing my first ever marathon back in my home town..

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2015, 07:37 PM
The bit in bold - of course not. That's complete nonsense. There are far more important things going on in the world just now to feel morose about. Just look at whats happening in the Med right now, for example. Getting beaten in a football match comes way down my order of priorities. I believe in keeping things in perspective, or at least I try to.

That said, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to feel disappointed and let down by my football team. Yet again. It doesn't mean I should go about pretending to be happy about another terrible result. I want my team to be successful. No more, no less. Hope that's OK.

Of course, but you mentioned "lets move on", with rolled eyes smiley.....We have to move on, no point worrying or moping regards the past, Saturday is gone,with plenty still to play for

emerald green
20-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Of course, but you mentioned "lets move on", with rolled eyes smiley.....We have to move on, no point worrying or moping regards the past, Saturday is gone,with plenty still to play for

Yep I did BF. I just cant stand that expression - "move on". It just bugs me I'm afraid. It's just me, so don't worry about it! :greengrin

I agree, lots to play for starting Wednesday night. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Yep I did BF. I just cant stand that expression - "move on". It just bugs me I'm afraid. It's just me, so don't worry about it! :greengrin

Cool, lets just "move on" then:greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Sure is, and we are in the play offs, so a big prize up for grabs, which I would have taken, if offered it at the start of the season

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Sure is, and we are in the play offs, so a big prize up for grabs, which I would have taken, if offered it at the start of the season

Ditto re play offs

emerald green
20-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Cool, lets just "move on" then:greengrin

Good one! :greengrin

:agree:

matty_f
20-04-2015, 10:41 PM
http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/a-season-summed-up-in-ninety-minutes.html

My thoughts on the subject! :greengrin

monktonharp
20-04-2015, 11:11 PM

The saddest bit for me on Saturday was coming out of the ground and seeing the dejected faces of guys that were either in their late seventies or eighties. There was a resigned look on their faces as if to say I'm never going to see it.I am not quite at that age yet, but I did actually look round at the stadium, as me and my nephew left the grassy bit, as we crossed over onto the Aitkenhead Road, and my remark to him was that I might not come back to Hampden again, whether we actually get ther or whether we get to a final, I don't think I will go.

Scottie
20-04-2015, 11:18 PM
I am not quite at that age yet, but I did actually look round at the stadium, as me and my nephew left the grassy bit, as we crossed over onto the Aitkenhead Road, and my remark to him was that I might not come back to Hampden again, whether we actually get ther or whether we get to a final, I don't think I will go.
You'll be back mate next year with the rest of us.

Our time will come and when it does it's going to be one hell of a party that will probably last another 113 years till our next.

NEVER LOSE THE FAITH. GGTTH :flag:

iwasthere1972
21-04-2015, 07:29 AM
I am not quite at that age yet, but I did actually look round at the stadium, as me and my nephew left the grassy bit, as we crossed over onto the Aitkenhead Road, and my remark to him was that I might not come back to Hampden again, whether we actually get ther or whether we get to a final, I don't think I will go.

Come on Wullie. That's as likely as a bear that's just had a **** in the woods saying (I know they don't speak) well I won't be doing that again.

Like me, you'll be back at the first opportunity.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2015, 07:50 AM

I used to take ages to get over any defeat , and for some reason wasn't nervous for this game until around 70 minutes . when I started to see how it might all go tits up for us. As soon as they scored ,I knew there was no wAy back and was gutted .But over it now ,and that's partly down to age ,must be mellowing ,and sadly partly down to I have Seen it so many times you start to get conditioned to it .
My view after the last cup final defeat was I never want to get to another Scottish Cup Final unless we are going to win it ,but have even changed that viewpoint if we are in it I will be there .
Having said all that my drink of choice after the games was bottles of Desparado with that wee. Tequila kick to help numb the senses :rolleyes:

wpj
21-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Ironically this year I was guaranteed a ticket for the final instead of my usual trip to Quinns in Camden

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I expect nothing from Hibs anymore and still get let down. Bottled it in every big game I've seen us play. I didn't really feel angry or sad on Saturday, I think I've become immune from so much experience. I've decided not to renew my ST as I'm feeling incredibly apathetic towards the club right now, and I suspect I'm not the only one in that boat.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

I think this is what we should all be doing. I have renewed my ST but I'm going to E Mail the club and ask for my money back.

The whole thing is totally unfair, when I first started to watch Hibs in the 70s everybody knew we had a god given right to win big games, especially against non entity clubs like Falkirk who are lucky we lower ourselves to use the same pitch.

I'm like you mate, every big game I have seen Hibs play they have utterly bottled it. Well ... apart from the 1979, 2001, 2012 and 2013 Scottish cup semi finals and the 1985, 1991, 1993, 2003 and 2007 League cup semis ... oh, and the 1991 and 2007 finals of course.

When did you start following Hibs? ............ 2008?

Septimus
21-04-2015, 03:28 PM
The saddest bit for me on Saturday was coming out of the ground and seeing the dejected faces of guys that were either in their late seventies or eighties. There was a resigned look on their faces as if to say I'm never going to see it.[/QUOTE]

In my late seventies I am but don't feel sorry for me. I remember the glory days when Hibs played the best football in the league and were champions to prove it. I fear that those who are younger will never see such wonderful football from anybody far less from a Hibs team.

Pete
21-04-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm getting tired of hearing 'typical hibs' comments. To them I say :giruy2:

Agree 100%

Only hibs, typical hibs, the hibs way, blah blah.

The fans who continually use these phrases obviously don't have a clue what Leeann is trying to do or don't understand it.

We're being undermined left, right and centre by the media and other fans and we are swimming against the tide...yet we have our own supporters helping them out!

Who needs enemies? Utter thickos.

portyhibernian
22-04-2015, 01:42 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

I think this is what we should all be doing. I have renewed my ST but I'm going to E Mail the club and ask for my money back.

The whole thing is totally unfair, when I first started to watch Hibs in the 70s everybody knew we had a god given right to win big games, especially against non entity clubs like Falkirk who are lucky we lower ourselves to use the same pitch.

I'm like you mate, every big game I have seen Hibs play they have utterly bottled it. Well ... apart from the 1979, 2001, 2012 and 2013 Scottish cup semi finals and the 1985, 1991, 1993, 2003 and 2007 League cup semis ... oh, and the 1991 and 2007 finals of course.

When did you start following Hibs? ............ 2008?

The late 90's when I was old enough to go with my brother..bar the occasional decent cup run and the McLeish abd Mowbray seasons we've been largely crap and underachieved for a club with the resources at our disposal compared to teams like Falkirk. If you also have the list of semis/finals/derby we've lost that would be grand.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2015, 05:16 PM
The late 90's when I was old enough to go with my brother..bar the occasional decent cup run and the McLeish abd Mowbray seasons we've been largely crap and underachieved for a club with the resources at our disposal compared to teams like Falkirk. If you also have the list of semis/finals/derby we've lost that would be grand.

Ha ha .......... too many to mention mate and I cant be bothered to check them out.

I stated going to ER in 1976 and on a home and away basis regularly from about 1978, take it from me Porty the best Hibs teams you have seen are the same as the best Hibs teams I have seen. But hey, what are ya gonna' do .... keep on keepin' on mate :aok: