PDA

View Full Version : Onwards and......

Keith_M
20-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Has everybody calmed down yet?

I decided to have a day off from posting so I wouldn't write anything stupid through disappointment. I write enough stupid things anyway, just didn't want to compound matters.

:greengrin

Anyway, well done to Falkirk and ICT on reaching the final. We might not have liked Houston's game plan but they're the team in the final, not us. The reason being is that they took their chance and Hibs squandered loads of theirs. It's now up to Stubbs and the Players to see if they can do something about the poor goals to chances ratio and try to get promoted.

As for us, the Fans, we really need to stop wallowing in our misery, thinking we're the poor wee hard done to Hibees. So we didn't reach the final; neither did Celtc and they deserved to be there much more than we do (blatant handball in box not seen by Referee? We'd be fuming right now).

Time to dust ourselves down and move on.

Onwards and (hopefully) Upwards.

:flag:

s.a.m
20-04-2015, 08:52 AM

I decided to have a day off from posting so I wouldn't write anything stupid through disappointment. I write enough stupid things anyway, just didn't want to compound matters.

Anyway, well done to Falkirk and ICT on reaching the final. We might not have liked Houston's game plan but they're the team in the final, not us. The reason being is that they took their chance and Hibs squandered loads of theirs. It's now up to Stubbs and the Players to see if they can do something about the poor goals to chances ratio and try to get promoted.

As for us, the Fans, we really need to stop wallowing in our misery, thinking we're the poor wee hard done to Hibees. So we didn't reach the final; neither did Celtc and they deserved to be there much more than we do (blatant handball in box not seen by Referee? We'd be fuming right now).

:top marks

Moulin Yarns
20-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Breaking news - Keekaboo has been abducted by aliens :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Regards to Celtic - they win plenty trophies, and over the years have benefitted from many more dodgy decisions for them than against them so I'm glad it's cost them a cup final spot. It's always refreshing to have a non-OF cup final. And thats now 3 in 4 seasons in the Scottish Cup.

I was gutted for a good while after the result on Saturday, and I'm still sore now - just because I actually thought we played very well and deserved to win the game. But as has been said already, we've said that far too often this season.

The main thing now is that the fans and players move on and fully focus on our remaining games. We have 3 massive games left. I really believe if we win them we will get 2nd as I think Rangers will drop points in one of their last 2 games.

We still have a good chance of having some success this season. And 2nd place gives us a slightly better chance of achieving that than 3rd place does, so lets get right behind the boys, I'm sure Stubbsy will have them ready for Livvy! :flag:

scuttle
20-04-2015, 09:30 AM

Far too rational for a Monday morning

matty_f
20-04-2015, 09:31 AM

Who are you and what have you done with Keekaboo?

GreenArmyyy!
20-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Still not over it. We seem to go through a hell of a lot more pain than other clubs.

Springbank
20-04-2015, 09:46 AM

Well said that that man.

we are, all of us, the architects of our futures...the most important game is the next one, never the last one

lets do this Hibs

Stranraer
20-04-2015, 09:53 AM

:aok: good to read some positivity. Sevco haven't convinced me in recent games - Livingston, Dumbarton. I think we will win the play off's as long as it's Motherwell we face in the final.

snooky
20-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Is it only the younger supporters that have difficulty getting over bad results?
Having experienced over half a century of them, I guess I must be punch-drunk because I don' t get anything like the pain I used to.

Keith_M
20-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Breaking news - Keekaboo has been abducted by aliens :greengrin

Nope, just 'The new improved Keekaboo, at least 50% more optimistic than ever before'

Who are you and what have you done with Keekaboo?

Cheeky Pig

:na na:

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm absolutely gutted still [emoji25]

Bishop Hibee
20-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I thought we played as well as we could with the players we had on Saturday which I realise isn't a view shared by everyone on here :tin hat: We could have and should have won but the same old problems that have haunted us this season of not putting teams away came back to haunt us again.

I'll be more angry and disappointed if we can't beat Livi and Alloa and keep the pressure up on Newco. I've seen far better Hibs teams blow it in the cup than the one that took the field on Saturday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Is it only the younger supporters that have difficulty getting over bad results?
Having experienced over half a century of them, I guess I must be punch-drunk because I don' t get anything like the pain I used to.

My old man who is 67 was at the game on Saturday, his age didnae appear to have dulled his pain after the game too much but, the bevvy on the other hand well, that probably did the trick! :-)

Oscar T Grouch
20-04-2015, 12:01 PM
I have avoided this place since the game. I'm over Saturday now, I have more pain from the sunburn I got (being a ginga with nae suncream:rolleyes:) I thought we played well apart from not taking our chances. I am still very positive about Hibs, we're going in the right direction and should expect a few bumps along the way. We still have a good chance of getting promoted via the playoffs, we have a good coach, a decent structure in place and a great CEO in Leanne. Yeah Saturday was disappointing, but it wasn't the end of the world, we will be going back to Hampden and we will win that bloody cup one day. I will be back at ER for the Alloa game, and then the playoffs. I will be back next season regardless of the league we're in. I don't think I can lose the love I have for Hibs, FFS, if I was ever was to, it would have been after that cup final or after the playoff last season. But no, all teams have disappointments, we maybe get more than our fair share, but them's the breaks. As the OP said onwards and upwards.

GGTTH always and forever
:flag::flag:

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 12:41 PM
I have avoided this place since the game. I'm over Saturday now, I have more pain from the sunburn I got (being a ginga with nae suncream:rolleyes:) I thought we played well apart from not taking our chances. I am still very positive about Hibs, we're going in the right direction and should expect a few bumps along the way. We still have a good chance of getting promoted via the playoffs, we have a good coach, a decent structure in place and a great CEO in Leanne. Yeah Saturday was disappointing, but it wasn't the end of the world, we will be going back to Hampden and we will win that bloody cup one day. I will be back at ER for the Alloa game, and then the playoffs. I will be back next season regardless of the league we're in. I don't think I can lose the love I have for Hibs, FFS, if I was ever was to, it would have been after that cup final or after the playoff last season. But no, all teams have disappointments, we maybe get more than our fair share, but them's the breaks. As the OP said onwards and upwards.

GGTTH always and forever

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Over it now too...promotion via the play offs was always our top priority this season and that hasn't changed. Sat was so disappointing but I still think a Cup final in amongst poss 6 play off matches would have been a real stretch physically and emotionally for our squad. What im having trouble getting over is my hangover from Sat night -thanks Hibs you are turning me into an alcoholic with all the Hampdump disappointments