PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed and embarrassed with some Hibs supporters

H113EE5
19-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Yesterday, I was sitting in Section F with family and friends, including kids. For almost the whole game, we were subjected to a tirade of absolutely disgraceful language, vitriol, and general poor behaviour from the adults in the crowd that we would expect from our city neighbours or those from Glasgow.

Some of you should take a look at yourselves as if you think it makes you a hard man (actually much of the fs and cs were coming from ‘women’ and I use the term loosely), then think again. I was embarrassed to call my self a Hibs supporter, if this is the dross we take to games. If you need to swear constantly, go to Tynie or stay at home. You’re not welcome in what we’re trying to build as a family based club with a safe and sociable atmosphere to watch the game. Cries of ‘break is leg and f*** and die are not acceptable and the paedo song is just plain boring and irrelevant when we’re playing them nevermind Falkirk.

The crap day, now compounded with ICT winning, was made worse when the bus was delayed because some people can’t travel 90 minutes before and after the game without the need for a crate of alcohol then can’t understand why they need a pi$$ at Harthill, then Livingstone and Corstorphine.

Rant over

Lee Marvin
19-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Yesterday, I was sitting in Section F with family and friends, including kids. For almost the whole game, we were subjected to a tirade of absolutely disgraceful language, vitriol, and general poor behaviour from the adults in the crowd that we would expect from our city neighbours or those from Glasgow.

Some of you should take a look at yourselves as if you think it makes you a hard man (actually much of the fs and cs were coming from ‘women’ and I use the term loosely), then think again. I was embarrassed to call my self a Hibs supporter, if this is the dross we take to games. If you need to swear constantly, go to Tynie or stay at home. You’re not welcome in what we’re trying to build as a family based club with a safe and sociable atmosphere to watch the game. Cries of ‘break is leg and f*** and die are not acceptable and the paedo song is just plain boring and irrelevant when we’re playing them nevermind Falkirk.

The crap day, now compounded with ICT winning, was made worse when the bus was delayed because some people can’t travel 90 minutes before and after the game without the need for a crate of alcohol then can’t understand why they need a pi$$ at Harthill, then Livingstone and Corstorphine.

Rant over

Best get your tin hat dusted down mate. You have just described football fans, not hibs fans.

Blaster
19-04-2015, 02:21 PM

Rant over

I agree mate. For me that is why there should have been a specific family section.

green day
19-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Wouldn't say I was ashamed, but there are some bams come out when we go to Hampden.

I went with my 9 year old son, and we drove with a mate and his 2 girls. I had already said I wasn't taking my 9 yo if we got to the final, but was quite surprised how many of the young crew were wasted at 11.30.

Don't think it was all drink either.

Roll on the play off games for more blootered loonies !!!

Aldo
19-04-2015, 02:24 PM
I was in section F and it was the younger generation letting the side down puking in the aisle before the game even kicked off.
As for the language. Majority of folk around me
Were well behaved and we're all guilty of the odd slip but nowt I would say disgraceful.

Yeah agree that there should be specific family sections but they can sometimes be as bad.

H113EE5
19-04-2015, 02:25 PM
I agree mate. For me that is why there should have been a specific family section.

Actually thought that this was the family section...... Families of baboons and neanderthals.

Frazerbob
19-04-2015, 02:25 PM
I know it's not the answer however if you want to avoid most of the bams, go to the South Stand, in the same way the West at ER is generally more civilised than the East. Unfortunately we, like every team, have some right tits amongst the fan base.

bingo70
19-04-2015, 02:26 PM
I know where the op is coming from, some of the taps aff brigade were embarrassing after the game. I was walking beside two folk, one was saying how our problem was the "n1ggers" That played for us, we'd be a better team If we only had whites apparently. Also had one daftie sitting along from me screaming at Scott Allan for most of the game. If Allan was a useless **** like he was suggesting I'd have hated to see his reaction to last season's midfield.

Elephant Stone
19-04-2015, 02:27 PM
I ended up in the family stand yesterday and it was a decent bunch around me, it made for a nice change, usually have no luck at Hampden with who i'm next to. Would definitely recommended it to any other folk prone to morons sitting next to them at Hampden.

#FromTheCapital
19-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Yesterday did seem to bring out a few jakeys. It's a football match at the end of the day though, doesn't bother me.

KeithTheHibby
I never seen any issues and I was in section F.

Regards your issue with alcohol surely that's the fault of the bus company for allowing fans to drink on the bus?

andyf5

Funnily enough the worst behaviour I have seen at ER was in the family section :confused:

Pretty Boy
There's threads like this several times a season.

If you put 1000, 3000, 9000 or 16000 people in one place chances are there will be few bams in the mix. Add in too much alcohol, too few brain cells and a game that provokes emotion and it's a potent mix.

The paedo song is well past it's sell by date but swearing at the football has been going on as long as I can remember and it will still be going on for years to come.

eastterrace
19-04-2015, 02:30 PM
I ended up in the family stand yesterday and it was a decent bunch around me, it made for a nice change, usually have no luck at Hampden with who i'm next to. Would definitely recommended it to any other folk prone to morons sitting next to them at Hampden.

i was in the south stand and most fans were well behaved but you do get some bams at these matches , glad they dont go every week. also to the fan who flung his hibs scarf in someones garden coming down from the south stand what was that about , it looked a new one as well.

Pete
19-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Making section F for families only and G £15 a head might help.

lord bunberry
19-04-2015, 02:32 PM
I was in section G2 and it was fine. I was there with the family and it was pretty civilised

ColintonHibs
19-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Went for a pee and seen a guy in a hibs top so said we bottled it again today and he was like what? What ken i was actually at the game you wee fanny i'll kick your c*** in. I just ignored him cause i dont have time for these "people". He then went outside and tell all his mates about how i was getting "wide" to him. What a loser!!

Blaster
19-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Funnily enough the worst behaviour I have seen at ER was in the family section :confused:

You will always get some whatever you do but we had a dozen or so lads in their late teens in space for about 4 seats. Wanting to stand at the start despite a lot of young kids behind them

That's why a proper family section where kids can sit and see and another cheap section for folk who want to stand

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2015, 02:34 PM
also to the fan who flung his hibs scarf in someones garden coming down from the south stand what was that about , it looked a new one as well.

Was it the bionic man?

Heedersnvolleys
19-04-2015, 02:36 PM
How many drunk wumin wiz there in section F?

should nae be allowed at fitbaw :greengrin

Betty Boop
19-04-2015, 02:40 PM
How many drunk wumin wiz there in section F?

should nae be allowed at fitbaw :greengrin

Its 2015 no the dark ages :stirrer:

eastterrace
Was it the bionic man?

i meant walking down the hill from the south stand when you come to the houses, so no it wasnt the bionic man and i guess you knew what i meant.

givescotlandfreedom
There's always always a number of people for whom it's more important to get absolutely blitzed than to actually see the game.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2015, 02:41 PM
I mentioned it yesterday in another thread that I was unfortunate to be sitting beside one guy who constantly shouted abuse at the Hibs players from the kick off. Even had the brass neck to tell me that I was late when I arrived at my seat with 5 minutes of the match gone. Well if it hadn't been for the the slow down on traffic for a mile or so before the stadium then I would have been there for the kick off. Shrugged it off and thought do one.

As I say he was giving F this and F that for the entire ninety minutes. Aye most of us have a swear at the football but come on was it necessary for the whole match. Makes me wonder why some folk even go. Got even worse towards the end of the match when he aimed a 'Black C' abuse towards one of the Hibs players. I was very tempted to have a word but thought better not when I considered what mood he was in.

Thought the Hibs support in were once again again brilliant yesterday (with the exception of the clown I had the misfortune to be sitting next to.

Rant over.

SaulGoodman
19-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Who were the folk fighting in C5?

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2015, 02:48 PM
I prefer the non-sanitised version of football crowds but, all the paedo songs do my head in, must be an awkward one when the bairns ask their parents what those "songs" are all about.

Scottie
19-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Was in South stand I-6 and the behaviour was impeccable. Worth paying the little extra.

Every club has their nutters and piss heads that can't help themselves and we're no different unfortunately. :rolleyes:

DaveF
19-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Following nonsense at the last semi in the family section I never took the kids and went to the north instead. Fine in there.

HibsNutter
19-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Thought our fans reacted very tamely at the end of the game considering we'd just been embarrassed in a big game once again.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2015, 02:53 PM

Rant over

Don't know your age but not sure what kind of bubble you have been living in if this sort of behaviour is a surprise to you at football matches.

Got to be honest I was in section F ( about halfway up) and never experienced any of what you described. You were perhaps unlucky to be sitting beside the usual suspects that cannae control themselves.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Not at the stadium but on the tube there was this absolute tit of a Hibs fan who was getting right into this old mans face (Falkirk fan) and swearing etc. Thankfully one of his pals dragged the fanny away. Halfwit.

Also posted this on another thread but this one is probably more appropriate... I have to be honest and say I never heard any abuse at all but at FT I saw a few lads who were down beside the Sect 43 boys sticking their fingers up and shouting "**** off" at the players etc who came over to clap us. That really annoyed me!

stoneyburn hibs
19-04-2015, 02:55 PM
I was in section G2 and it was fine. I was there with the family and it was pretty civilised

My son and I were also in G2 and it was fine.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I was in the boozer for an hour before the game and the atmosphere was friendly and enjoyable. I was in G3 and apart from one guy a few rows back going his dinger I didn't hear much swearing or abuse of the players. This stuff gets trotted out after every big game we play, and especially when we lose.

When you put 17,000 folk in the same place and subject them to a disappointment you are going to get the odd person who goes over the top. As somebody else said, that's not Hibs fans, that's fitba fans in general. Like every other club Hibs have a minority of prats, racists and folk who cant hold their drink and that goes up the bigger the crowd and its always going to be that way, the best we can do is point out the worst offenders to the police or stewards.

Sorry, but that's the truth of the matter and its unlikely to change any time soon ... If anybody is shocked even in this day and age at seeing people getting out of hand at a big football match perhaps days out to Disney on ice or Edinburgh zoo would be the way to go.

sleeping giant
Seen someone sitting on the bog with the door open spewing on the floor.

My nephews were getting picked up at half 7 to go on the peeve . Mental

Iggy Pope
Actually thought that this was the family section...... Families of baboons and neanderthals.

Now you're just using a social network to call people names.
Baboons? Was yesterday your first 90mins?

Heedersnvolleys
19-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Its 2015 no the dark ages :stirrer:

I go with 3 wumin every week:greengrin:wink:

Brightside
19-04-2015, 02:57 PM
I know it's not the answer however if you want to avoid most of the bams, go to the South Stand, in the same way the West at ER is generally more civilised than the East. Unfortunately we, like every team, have some right tits amongst the fan base.

I was at the south and hd to listen to another erse shouting "you 6ay cu4t" every time the falkirk goalie got it. The problem is a lot of football fans are thick and cannot express themselves with out swearing, spitting and falling all over the place.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Cheap seats attract daftys. Anyway it's a bloody football match not a game of polo you were at. All those big men and women drinking booze and burping and swearing. Whatever next.

MichelleHibs
19-04-2015, 03:03 PM
We were also in section f and moved after 20mins as I had my kids with me and was not putting up with it. Guys begins us were drinking in the ground and didn't care who knew. Final straw was the racism. Drunken woman slavering over my daughter too and fondling the stranger next to her wasnt acceptable either. We reported it to police who told us it wasnt their job and to inform the stewards, so we did.

Now I know why my dad always paid the extra n took us to the south stand when we were kids. I won't be making that mistake again.

Those people aren't fans, just an excuse to get drunk and and ruin the day for everyone else.

Stoney Hibee
19-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I was toward the back of C3 and there were no issues at all, apart from the guy two along asking who the hibs no. 8 was all the time and demanding that Malonga came on as "he is our best player"!!!

Bayern Bru
19-04-2015, 03:05 PM
The guy in front of me - in the south stand - spent a lot of the second half hurling racist abuse at Botti Biabi, Malonga, Farid and Djedje.

I don't know whether I'm noticing it more than I used to, or racism from fans is becoming more and more common but either way, it's horrific to hear it.

I did actually have a word with him and he quietened down but it'd be great if this sort of situation, and the one iwasthere1972 described, weren't as common as they seem to be.

But as Half Pint says, every club has its nutters.

SaulGoodman
Think some people go to get absolutely steaming.

The football is just an excuse.

sbell1875
Me, my sister and my mate were in a taxi from the city centre heading to Hampden and one of the Falkirk "young crew" opened the taxi door when we are pulling away from a set of traffic lights. Whilst not the most dangerous thing in the world it still could have caused someone an injury.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Cheap seats attract daftys. Anyway it's a bloody football match not a game of polo you were at. All those big men and women drinking booze and burping and swearing. Whatever next.

Well maybe if you have to sit beside someone who would be better going to anger management courses or join the BNP than attend a game of football you wouldn't be so flippant in your post. Really spoils the occasion for some of us who can go more than 30 seconds without shouting obscenities at every opportunity. The racist comments. Are they really to be brushed aside as well? Nothing against drinking before the match either as I enjoy having a few myself but do people really need to be drinking five hours or so before kick off. Dutch courage often brings the worst out in people.

J-C
19-04-2015, 03:14 PM
4 young guys around 19-20 ish strolled up to the Hibs shop at 9am to get their bus with bottles of Koppaberg in hand, they were not travelling on any .net buses but is there any need to be pying alchohol down yer neck at 9am just cause it's a trip to Hampden :confused:

After saying that we were in section D3 and heard nothing out of the ordinary, just your normal frustrated Hibs fans.

O'Rourke3
19-04-2015, 03:17 PM
I was in I too, (what a walk round and queue to get in after the slow ride in -but that's another thread....).There was at least one tourist at the back of me - completely bi-polar we were great or we were ******. Every completed pass praised every mispass, interception worthy of an aneurysm.
With the exception of the Celtic final (out the country for work) I've been to all our recent embarrassing failures at Hampden and at Easter Road so I know how it feels getting beaten again. What I can accept is that sometimes you don't get what you deserve and while we are wallowing in disappointment - who gave us the right to just show up and win because we are Hibs? It's these fans that seem to take it the worst. If they don't follow the team regularly and only show up to the big events where the stakes and the tension is higher - they are likely to leave unhappy and their rage seems disproportionate....
The drunk ones start celebrating early forgetting there is still a match to win, pain in the erase to be near but at the last semi all left at half time -settling the mood in my area by a large margin.
We all deserve a more successful club. We're pretty much stopped booing the team at home. The players on the pitch seem to have clue about what they are doing. The tactics are still 50/50 on whether we have a winning formula or a winning team. So failing again against "weaker" teams just brings out all the old daemons. We all need more mental strength. Players need to go out and accept we don't get beat. Fans need to accept sometimes it happens and stay positive. I can't be @rsed with all this "never coming back". I wouldn't tell anybody, I'd just not go back. We'd have killed for a semi final and play off spot at the start of the season. We got it and everyone is still beeling....

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Well maybe if you have to sit beside someone who would be better going to anger management courses or join the BNP than attend a game of football you wouldn't be so flippant in your post. Really spoils the occasion for some of us who can go more than 30 seconds without shouting obscenities at every opportunity. The racist comments. Are they really to be brushed aside as well? Nothing against drinking before the match either as I enjoy having a few myself but do people really need to be drinking five hours or so before kick off. Dutch courage often brings the worst out in people.

No of course not. What did you do about it?

Seveno
19-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Was in South stand I-6 and the behaviour was impeccable. Worth paying the little extra.

Every club has their nutters and piss heads that can't help themselves and we're no different unfortunately. :rolleyes:

I was in the same section and always go to the South Stand to avoid the drunks and nutters mentioned by the OP. Last time I went to the North, I got fed up with the people that had to go to the toilet every ten minutes.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Would we really have killed for a play-off and Semi spot? A bit of a surprise re the cup but, not when you look at the calibre of our opponents throughout the competition.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Not going to lie, and this is going to sound cheeky but the cheaper the seat the more chance of a Jake ball being beside you sadly! I mind going for the cheap option when we played Dundee Utd and it was packed with clowns!

You get them all over though but more chance of the cheaper ends of the ground IMO.

Green Fish
19-04-2015, 03:27 PM
On the bus back up to the city centre cldnt believe how a couple were speaking to their kid, with 'parents' aka pond life, like that it's no wonder some kids grow up with zero social skills.
Was embarrassed they were hibs fans!

iwasthere1972
19-04-2015, 03:35 PM
No of course not. What did you do about it?

Well I did consider having a word with him but he had obviously had a few (Phil Mitchell look a like) and factoring in his mood I thought better of it. Possibly could have reported him to a steward but wasn't confident that they would do much about it.

Call me a coward but I didn't really want to be going home with a black eye or worse.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2015, 03:44 PM
The boy pishing in the bin in the toilets in Asda and boasting about how "the weegies can pick that one out" will be embarrassed today.

Well hopefully he will be.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Well I did consider having a word with him but he had obviously had a few (Phil Mitchell look a like) and factoring in his mood I thought better of it. Possibly could have reported him to a steward but wasn't confident that they would do much about it.

Call me a coward but I didn't really want to be going home with a black eye or worse.

Just imagine what he'd have done to you if he realised you had a black eye.

Baader
19-04-2015, 03:47 PM
The boy pishing in the bin in the toilets in Asda and boasting about how "the weegies can pick that one out" will be embarrassed today.

Somehow doubt it mate. The drink is too often just an excuse.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 03:47 PM

No I won't call you a coward as confrontation is not my game either but people need to be more proactive with things like this. It has absolutely no place in our game at all and these people need re educated on what is and what is not acceptable in today's modern, multicultural society. That was not a dig at you by the way.

Police and and stewards need to be seen to be doing more though. One poster mentioned they reported racist abuse to the police and they said the stewards had to deal with it. That is utter rubbish, passing the buck imo

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 03:50 PM

Not condoning this whatsoever but. :faf: :hahaha: :LOL:

hibeesboii
19-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Sitting in section F and the boy spewing on the stairs right at the beginning was bad. But the whole game behind me I could hear racist abuse from one guy. Was disgusting to hear!

Malthibby
19-04-2015, 04:01 PM

Very difficult to confront folk like this at the time, especially if they are in a group, or you have kids with you. Would do no harm to report the seat numbers to Hibs for the racist stuff.
It just isn't acceptable, & we need to keep saying it's not acceptable until there's no place left for it.
I take my grandkid & his pal/s to a lot of games, & detest the fact that they have to hear folk who can't get through a sentence without using F & C as punctuation, but it's cultural for
a lot of people, & they are very short words, which I suspect is important.

Purple & Green
19-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Having endured the cheap seats at our last hampden visits I went to the south and thought it was much better. Won't be back in east or west again - I'd rather not go than endure that and rather pay full price for the bairns in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colr
19-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Disgraceful!! A perfectly good rat ruined!

Purple & Green
19-04-2015, 04:08 PM
The standard of stewarding is a scandal too.

LancashireHibby
19-04-2015, 04:09 PM
No problems for me and my son sat in F6 but we were right down towards the front which usually helps.

Saturday Boy
19-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Having sat in the "family section" in the past, I always splash out the few extra quid on a seat in the South stand.

It was fine yesterday, but the atmosphere was not 100% ultras. The guy in front of me was reading the racing form in his paper during the second half, despite 44 out of 45 minutes Hibs possession and pressure. I think he had a good time though.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Section D1 in the North was fine.

Stood all game. Got behind the team, atmosphere was decent and any criticism was frustrated outbursts of a second or 2 as opposed to sustained.

Green Fish
19-04-2015, 04:14 PM
No I won't call you a coward as confrontation is not my game either but people need to be more proactive with things like this. It has absolutely no place in our game at all and these people need re educated on what is and what is not acceptable in today's modern, multicultural society. That was not a dig at you by the way.

Police and and stewards need to be seen to be doing more though. One poster mentioned they reported racist abuse to the police and they said the stewards had to deal with it. That is utter rubbish, passing the buck imo

You're absolutely right, it is the police job to deal with such incidents. If a supervisory officer was aware of that trust me the officer in qu would be in bother, neglect of duty. Stewards are hopeless.

I remember early to mid 90s at ER v Dundee, a 'fan' was giving their cb who was black terrible abuse, he was self policed by other fans.

Fizz
19-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Sitting in section F and the boy spewing on the stairs right at the beginning was bad. But the whole game behind me I could hear racist abuse from one guy. Was disgusting to hear!

I was in section F too and some laddie 2 rows in front who looked about 13 or 14 was steaming and puked over the people sitting in the row in front of him!

green day
19-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Stood all game. Got behind the team, atmosphere was decent and any criticism was frustrated outbursts of a second or 2 as opposed to sustained.

Its odd how so many loonies were in F.

Wonder if there were a lot of "kids" tickets bought by groups who were slightly too old?

The woman that checked our tickets didn't eben look - I used my 9 year old sons in error - not a problem!

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 04:20 PM

You must have been very close to me. I was in D1 and we stood the whole game and actually some of the section sat down later on in the match. I was row PP.

Purple & Green
19-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I don't think it's even advertised as a family section anymore because - let's face it - it clearly isn't.

They could sell from different sides behind the goal family section and cheap seats.

Allant1981
19-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Didnt see any bother where i was sitting, only thing i would moan about is folk smoking in the loo, wasnt very nice going in there yesterday, especially when you having breathing issues as it is

buktapurple79
19-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Some amount of bevvy gets into the ground and consumed - youngish boys behind us in F had cans and bottles - they were nae bother and very affable but didn't seem to have a care in the world about getting caught!

Togs91
19-04-2015, 04:34 PM
The standard of stewarding is a scandal too.

I was in D3, went to ask a steward if we were able to get out, smoke, then come back in, said he was new and didnt know so called over some other steward. She told us we couldnt and two guys said im leaving then, fed up of watching hibs (this is half time) and they asked how do i get out to which the steward replied 'i dont know'. So i led them out, give me a job! If the stewards didnt know how to direct people out the stadium i dread to think what they were like with the racists and one two manys! D3 was fine btw (Y) good atmosphere

Hannah_hfc
19-04-2015, 04:39 PM

D1 was fine. Group of men in front of me were too hammered to even focus on the game... but they weren't much hassle. Thought it was a good place for singing and folk seemed to encourage the team more than put them down (minus some moments of frustration)

H113EE5
19-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Now you're just using a social network to call people names.
Baboons? Was yesterday your first 90mins?

Sorry....... It's a poor call for the baboons. They probably treat their families with respect, as opposed to the people around the front of section F yesterday

GloriousHibs
19-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Apologies if this has also been mentioned within this thread , but whilst we're pointing the finger at some Hampden bams and their disgraceful behaviour and foul language, you need not travel too far most weeks to witness language and behaviour that truly makes me cast doubt on the benefits of attending.

I sit in the FF lower with my 9 year old boy and the some of the language from the feral extended families in close proximity makes me cringe with embarrassment. I'm no shrinking violet but any verbal intervention previously has almost ended in a fight. Is this is to be a family section then it should be managed as such.

SeanWilson
19-04-2015, 04:55 PM

Rant over
Get over yourself... I attended the match yesterday with my three kids, sitting around many other kids and as I sit down I am perfectly aware of my surrounding and say to myself - Sean keep it together today... For 60 odd minutes I avoid the swearing.... However, at a football match, where passion is running high.... Sometimes it just comes out. Don't condone it and yes some of the crap that comes out of folks mouths is disgusting, however I take my kids to the football in the knowledge that nonsense will be spouted... As for people having a skin full - It's football, get over it.

H113EE5
19-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Get over yourself... I attended the match yesterday with my three kids, sitting around many other kids and as I sit down I am perfectly aware of my surrounding and say to myself - Sean keep it together today... For 60 odd minutes I avoid the swearing.... However, at a football match, where passion is running high.... Sometimes it just comes out. Don't condone it and yes some of the crap that comes out of folks mouths is disgusting, however I take my kids to the football in the knowledge that nonsense will be spouted... As for people having a skin full - It's football, get over it.

Says a lot about your parenting skills. Wouldn't dream about taking a kids to listen to 'break the fu***** c**** leg' or 'get the black f***** off the park'.

Class acts, some football supporters

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Says a lot about your parenting skills. Wouldn't dream about taking a kids to listen to 'break the fu***** c**** leg' or 'get the black f***** off the park'.

So now you're questioning his parenting skills because he took his kids to a football match?

Chuck Rhoades
19-04-2015, 05:17 PM
On a positive note, that was the best atmosphere at Hampden for us in years.

One boy came up to the front of our section in D3 and decided to flash his Celtic tattoo. Was quickly told where to go.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2015, 05:19 PM
You must have been very close to me. I was in D1 and we stood the whole game and actually some of the section sat down later on in the match. I was row PP.

I was in row z.

Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted but yesterday was one of my better Hampden experience with regards to the support.

SeanWilson
19-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Mate, take a deep breath. I take the lads along to the football, fully expecting them to be subjected to the noise that comes from some of these morons. It's a choice.... I can't vet 16000 odd people before the game, therefore I just accept that they may have to listen to it. I'm not saying it's correct, it's just something that happens at a football match and a choice I have to make...

RIP
19-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Hibs are tough on racism but they can't act if fans look the other way. Ticket reference and rough description to the club is all it takes

Smartie
19-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I think knowing when and where to swear is an important life skill.

When we were kids we found the swearing at the football matches our parents took us to hilarious. We wouldn't dare try to repeat it.

The odd wee swearyword at the football is harmless imo. Part of what is an emotional game.

It SHOULD NEVER be repeated in other situations and knowing where and when it is/ is not acceptable is important.

Having said that there is swearing and then there is swearing. There is a particularly nasty, aggressive and personal type of swearing that is less acceptable (and I think that this is the type that you are mentioning).

I also think that there should be "family only" areas that are almost sterile, so that those who are offended by the slightest bit of bad language can still go to the games and be comfortable, because tolerance of things such as swearing is a very personal thing.

whiskyhibby
19-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Who were the folk fighting in C5?

Not quite sure but one had a scarf with Polish writing on it, it did seem to have calmed down by the time most of us in c5 saw what had happened

Alfred E Newman
19-04-2015, 05:41 PM
It's beyond me why they don't have a family area, especially when the ground is nowhere likely to be full. I could have bought concessions for my wife and I but experience told me to plump for the full price South.

Green Fish
19-04-2015, 05:46 PM
I must admit I did swear infront of my kids yesterday.

My eldest daughter wanted to go to 'five guys' for a burger after the game. Ordered her and my laddies meal, over £25 ! Ffs! About fell over. They thought it was hilarious then didn't eat the food as it was rank!

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Sadly it's part of today's society, football just provides a stage on which to perform.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-04-2015, 06:07 PM
It was scandalous that there wasn't a family section, only kids tickets are in the worst possible area- the cheap seats. When you take kids to a game you realise there will be some bad language & they may see things they wouldn't normally- you accept that. Bar one clown a couple of rows behind us arguing, abusing & threatening anyone who disagreed with his opinions, right from the start, it wasn't too bad & the kids were oblivious. He disappeared at half time or it might have turned nasty as sooner or later somebody was going to snap and react to him. If he'd come out with racist stuff as described by others above I would have done so myself.

Bishop Hibee
19-04-2015, 06:07 PM
A minority of fans have behaved badly since I went to my first match in the 70s. I doubt it will ever change. Atmosphere in the North Stand back of C5 was excellent. Any swearing of which there was plenty was through frustration rather than abuse.

hibee-boys
19-04-2015, 06:08 PM
I think that Scottish football has thankfully come a long way and I can't remember the last time I witnessed racist or homophobic abuse at a game. However even when witnessing that in the past when being a taken as a youngster I always knew between right and wrong, product of a good upbringing I guess.

I now have 2 young daughters who may decide to come along to a game in the near future but I would not be perturbed by the chance that they'll witness bad language, they'll probably hear worse in the playground! If your kids are brought up right then hearing bad language at a football game is not going to automatically turn them into swearing delinquents.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-04-2015, 06:13 PM
I think that Scottish football has thankfully come a long way and I can't remember the last time I witnessed racist or homophobic abuse at a game. However even when witnessing that in the past when being a taken as a youngster I always knew between right and wrong, product of a good upbringing I guess.

I now have 2 young daughters who may decide to come along to a game in the near future but I would not be perturbed by the chance that they'll witness bad language, they'll probably hear worse in the playground! If your kids are brought up right then hearing bad language at a football is not going to automatically turn them into swearing delinquents.

True, the swearing isn't that big a deal, grown men threatening each other etc is.

emerald green
19-04-2015, 06:16 PM
I wonder how many Hibs supporters were arrested at the game yesterday?

I'm not trying to condone any unacceptable stuff, but out of 17,000 Hibs fans how many were totally out of order? This has to be kept in some sort of perspective. There has always been an element of loud mouthed drunken behaviour at these types of high profile matches.

I've found that behaviour at football matches is actually better these days than it was in the 1970/80s. Yes, I know it's 2015 before anyone feels the need to point that out to me.

Cauld Bovril
19-04-2015, 06:19 PM
I was walking beside some young guys who were larking about and who obviously had been on the drink. When they noticed my son, they apologised for the bad language and behaved the rest of the way to the ground. I told them not to worry as he'd probably heard worse on the bus through :greengrin We have some nice drunk fans too :thumbsup:

familyman
19-04-2015, 06:26 PM
I agree ,we all have a responsibility to behave and as some do not or more likely could not care then the STEWARDS should act.I recall signs warning about use of Foul language at Easter Road ..where have they gone?
Getting caught and fined or sent out after a warning at home games at least would deter some but not all. At Hearts game the song Some ******* party was easily heard, I guess it is impossible to stop but as I say Stewards could at least issue warnings .We act on racist songs etc so why not foul language too?
I know in my seat that any over the top abuse at our own players by our own fans often results in supporters swearing at each other..not the opposition ,so again hard to resolve.

Rant over

Since90+2
19-04-2015, 06:30 PM
I agree ,we all have a responsibility to behave and as some do not or more likely could not care then the STEWARDS should act.I recall signs warning about use of Foul language at Easter Road ..where have they gone?
Getting caught and fined or sent out after a warning at home games at least would deter some but not all. At Hearts game the song Some ******* party was easily heard, I guess it is impossible to stop but as I say Stewards could at least issue warnings .We act on racist songs etc so why not foul language too?
I know in my seat that any over the top abuse at our own players by our own fans often results in supporters swearing at each other..not the opposition ,so again hard to resolve.

You want Stewards to issue warnings for folk swearing at the game? Think our Stewarding bill might increase a bit :greengrin

Jonnyboy
19-04-2015, 06:33 PM
You want Stewards to issue warnings for folk swearing at the game? Think our Stewarding bill might increase a bit :greengrin

:greengrin Can just hear a pitchside steward shouting "Oi, Liam, cut out the language and the same goes for you Paul and you Dylan and you Scott ....."

CockneyRebel
19-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I was in D3, went to ask a steward if we were able to get out, smoke, then come back in, said he was new and didnt know so called over some other steward. She told us we couldnt and two guys said im leaving then, fed up of watching hibs (this is half time) and they asked how do i get out to which the steward replied 'i dont know'. So i led them out, give me a job! If the stewards didnt know how to direct people out the stadium i dread to think what they were like with the racists and one two manys! D3 was fine btw (Y) good atmosphere

Good job there wasn't a fire then!

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 06:51 PM
I was in row z.

Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted but yesterday was one of my better Hampden experience with regards to the support.

Thats where robertson should have put the ball for the goal. :greengrin

Speedy
19-04-2015, 06:51 PM
The guy in front of me - in the south stand - spent a lot of the second half hurling racist abuse at Botti Biabi, Malonga, Farid and Djedje.

I don't know whether I'm noticing it more than I used to, or racism from fans is becoming more and more common but either way, it's horrific to hear it.

I did actually have a word with him and he quietened down but it'd be great if this sort of situation, and the one iwasthere1972 described, weren't as common as they seem to be.

But as Half Pint says, every club has its nutters.

It's probably partly due to Malonga having an off streak recently.

You'll hear far fewer racist comments when non white players are playing well and banging the goals in.

(P.S. not excusing it before someone replies with the suggestion that I am.)

Iggy Pope
19-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Sorry....... It's a poor call for the baboons. They probably treat their families with respect, as opposed to the people around the front of section F yesterday

You're either off your head, or you are Esther Rantzen and I claim my five pounds.

bigwheel
19-04-2015, 06:53 PM
It's probably partly due to Malonga having an off streak recently.

You'll hear far fewer racist comments when non white players are playing well and banging the goals in.

(P.S. not excusing it before someone replies with the suggestion that I am.)

or maybe it is just down to the people doing it being ignorant racists??

lord bunberry
19-04-2015, 06:54 PM

So everyone who took their kids along to the football yesterday are bad parents? What age were you when you first went to the football.

Speedy
19-04-2015, 06:57 PM
or maybe it is just down to the people doing it being ignorant racists??

The poster was questioning whether it was becoming more common or whether he was just noticing it more...

Mr White
19-04-2015, 07:01 PM
So everyone who took their kids along to the football yesterday are bad parents?

There's definitely a case to answer there mate :greengrin

lord bunberry
19-04-2015, 07:17 PM
There's definitely a case to answer there mate :greengrin
Aye that's true :greengrin

Canongatehibs
19-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Don't know your age but not sure what kind of bubble you have been living in if this sort of behaviour is a surprise to you at football matches.

Got to be honest I was in section F ( about halfway up) and never experienced any of what you described. You were perhaps unlucky to be sitting beside the usual suspects that cannae control themselves.

I agree.

It was a lot, lot worse back in the 70's and 80's.

Glue sniffers were a common sight on the East terrace back then.

ancient hibee
19-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Good job there wasn't a fire then!

There must have been one in the lavatories judging by the amount of smoke coming out.

Lago
19-04-2015, 07:35 PM
We were also in section f and moved after 20mins as I had my kids with me and was not putting up with it. Guys begins us were drinking in the ground and didn't care who knew. Final straw was the racism. Drunken woman slavering over my daughter too and fondling the stranger next to her wasnt acceptable either. We reported it to police who told us it wasnt their job and to inform the stewards, so we did.

Now I know why my dad always paid the extra n took us to the south stand when we were kids. I won't be making that mistake again.

Those people aren't fans, just an excuse to get drunk and and ruin the day for everyone else.
Years ago I was happy to take my son and his pal to ER, wouldn't dream of taking my grandson these days.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Years ago I was happy to take my son and his pal to ER, wouldn't dream of taking my grandson these days.

Why not? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2015, 07:51 PM

How old is he? The choice of course is entirely yours but surely it's not that bad.

Lago
19-04-2015, 07:53 PM
How old is he? The choice of course is entirely yours but surely it's not that bad.
9, I prefer to take him to watch ice hockey, Fife Flyers good entertainment and family friendly.

ancient hibee
19-04-2015, 07:55 PM
9, I prefer to take him to watch ice hockey, Fife Flyers good entertainment and family friendly.

At least with ice hockey most of the thugs are on the ice.

Stuarty27
19-04-2015, 07:58 PM

That's pathetic

Do you not think they hear swearing at school or in the street?

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 07:59 PM

What about the punch ups? That sport is an excuse to fight other men! Surely that's worse. Condoning violence??

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2015, 08:02 PM

Fair enough, I would never question another parent or grandparent on what they think is right for their own child or grandchild.

Lago
19-04-2015, 08:04 PM
:top marks
At least with ice hockey most of the thugs are on the ice.

Lago
19-04-2015, 08:06 PM
That's pathetic

Do you not think they hear swearing at school or in the street?
Don't know about school not there with him and maybe in your street certainly not in mine.

Lago
19-04-2015, 08:06 PM
:thumbsup:
What about the punch ups? That sport is an excuse to fight other men! Surely that's worse. Condoning violence??

Nakedmanoncrack
19-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Dundee players to stand trial over 'ice hockey brawl'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-32351933

I'm_cabbaged
19-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't know about school not there with him and maybe in your street certainly not in mine.

I hope the wee ****er doesnae read some of the ***** that gets written on here 😀

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 08:16 PM
:thumbsup:

Right, so you won't take your grandkids to Easter rd because of swearing at matches, but you'll take them to the ice hockey and give the thumbs up to grown men punching seven bells of sheite out of each other! Makes perfect sense to to me. :rolleyes:

Lago
19-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Right, so you won't take your grandkids to Easter rd because of swearing at matches, but you'll take them to the ice hockey and give the thumbs up to grown men punching seven bells of sheite out of each other! Makes perfect sense to to me. :rolleyes:
Believe me its fun and the punch ups are not amoung the spectators, the punch ups are pretty tame if truth be told.

Lago
19-04-2015, 08:22 PM
I hope the wee ****er doesnae read some of the ***** that gets written on here 
Now now language.:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2015, 08:23 PM

I take it you stay on Sesame Street?

MichelleHibs
19-04-2015, 08:25 PM
It's not the swearing that was the issue, yes you do expect to hear it at some level at the football, I've had my kids at Hibs, hearts, St Johnstone and Scotland games in their short lives and never have I encountered idiots like it.... Every second word was an expletive and the final straw was when they started calling Taiwo a Jew n other derogatory terms. Added to the fact they were openly drinking buckfast in the ground! It's against the ground rules.

People talking about people being in worst states years ago along with substance use... That may have been overseen back then but in this day and age it's not acceptable.

OsloHibs
19-04-2015, 08:41 PM
I was in F4 and yeah, there was a bit of swearing but nothing more than normal. No drama around me at all.. Just the usual excitement, nerves, biting nails then sorrow. Lots of sorrow. Sigh.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-04-2015, 08:43 PM
It's not the swearing that was the issue, yes you do expect to hear it at some level at the football, I've had my kids at Hibs, hearts, St Johnstone and Scotland games in their short lives and never have I encountered idiots like it.... Every second word was an expletive and the final straw was when they started calling Taiwo a Jew n other derogatory terms. Added to the fact they were openly drinking buckfast in the ground! It's against the ground rules.

People talking about people being in worst states years ago along with substance use... That may have been overseen back then but in this day and age it's not acceptable.

You could easily move away from them years ago as well.

Lago
19-04-2015, 08:47 PM
I take it you stay on Sesame Street?
I'll just say this to you, I am of a certain age and generation where it was considered bad taste to swear and that is how my parents brought me up, that is how I brought up my children and that is how my grandchildren are being brought up. Now how they carry on when not in my company is up to them but I hope they conduct themselves decently.
Now I'm not a prude, as an ex merchant seaman I've seen and heard many things but they way people swear these days really grates unable to put two words together without f &c .
So there you have it, end of my input to this debate.

Purple & Green
19-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Spot on - you expect an element of swearing at football even in front of kids. It's when behaviour goes past that is the issue.

I think knowing when and where to swear is an important life skill.

When we were kids we found the swearing at the football matches our parents took us to hilarious. We wouldn't dare try to repeat it.

The odd wee swearyword at the football is harmless imo. Part of what is an emotional game.

It SHOULD NEVER be repeated in other situations and knowing where and when it is/ is not acceptable is important.

Having said that there is swearing and then there is swearing. There is a particularly nasty, aggressive and personal type of swearing that is less acceptable (and I think that this is the type that you are mentioning).

I also think that there should be "family only" areas that are almost sterile, so that those who are offended by the slightest bit of bad language can still go to the games and be comfortable, because tolerance of things such as swearing is a very personal thing.

Lago
19-04-2015, 09:01 PM
:top marks
Spot on - you expect an element of swearing at football even in front of kids. It's when behaviour goes past that is the issue.

OsloHibs
19-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Never mind embarrassed or ashamed- I've sympathy for Scouse Hibee. This weekend I went through this bloody pain once, and that poor sod done it twice.

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2015, 09:06 PM
I was in section G with the kids and I must have been lucky, thinking heard one bad word all game, mind you there wasn't a lot to shout about

marleyhib
19-04-2015, 09:11 PM
I was in section f with my mate and his 2 kids yesterday, no real bother bar a few tubes standing up and refusing to sit down and berating folk who told them to sit down as no being f*****n Real hibs fans. Some woman in the queue in front of me was toiling to stand up she was so bevvied. All part of football and life in general. Hibs ruined the day for me not them tho I guess if I was stuck next to someone being an erse I would have done something about it.

Heard more than a few racist comments at ER over the years, was disgusted by the treatment of Mark Walters in particular at one game and even sat next to a guy who racially abused Rusell Latapy.

Idiots in all walks of life, from the govt to the guy next door, Hibs are no different to any club it's society not just football.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Never mind embarrassed or ashamed- I've sympathy for Scouse Hibee. This weekend I went through this bloody pain once, and that poor sod done it twice.

Haha you're not wrong,Carlsberg did not make this ****** weekend.

tanfield
19-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Stadium was fine, no problems at the back. The same cannot however be said about the bus journey home (hibs.net bus).

Waited 20 minutes for the last 3 folk who felt they needed to go to asda to bevvy on the bus back. If that was bad there was worse to come as the guy in the group took on the clown role perfectly and decided he could hold a tune when I've heard fighting cats sound better.

If you add the whole repertoire of swear words when there was young and old aboard you can imagine the fun we had. Considering this was supposed to be a family bus our "singer" had zero social awareness.

Think I will give the bus a miss if there is a next time.

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2015, 01:11 AM

Even more importantly, ice hockey is rank!

iwasthere1972
20-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Stadium was fine, no problems at the back. The same cannot however be said about the bus journey home (hibs.net bus).

Waited 20 minutes for the last 3 folk who felt they needed to go to asda to bevvy on the bus back. If that was bad there was worse to come as the guy in the group took on the clown role perfectly and decided he could hold a tune when I've heard fighting cats sound better.

If you add the whole repertoire of swear words when there was young and old aboard you can imagine the fun we had. Considering this was supposed to be a family bus our "singer" had zero social awareness.

You must have been on bus number 2 then. Same one as us. Agree, waited ages for the last three to arrive back for the bus. Also stopping off at Livingston for about 20 minutes going there was a nonsense. Was hoping to have a couple of drinks before the game but time wasn't on our side what with the delay in the traffic just before Hampden. Our coach just made it as well before packing in. What should have been an hour from Edinburgh to Glasgow turned out to be nearly two and a half hours . Going back on the replacement double decker took an eternity as well. Might get the train next time as well.

TowerHibs
20-04-2015, 04:09 AM
Funny that we get threads last week saying crowd is disgraceful and where are the missing fans from Hampden.

After Hampden, there's a thread saying big games bring out the bams and that they are not welcome at easter road.

It's a funny old game

Hibrandenburg
20-04-2015, 06:52 AM
I now treat taking the boy to games like a visit to the zoo. Watching a monkey scratch his bum with his finger and then sniff it is hilarious to watch but we both know it's a monkey and won't necessarily copy it's behaviour.

J-C
20-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Funny that we get threads last week saying crowd is disgraceful and where are the missing fans from Hampden.

After Hampden, there's a thread saying big games bring out the bams and that they are not welcome at easter road.

It's a funny old game

The problem is there is still a lot of these bams still going to ER, read the posts stating this, fans in the so called FF family stand are surrounded by swearing morons.

tanfield
20-04-2015, 07:44 AM
You must have been on bus number 2 then. Same one as us. Agree, waited ages for the last three to arrive back for the bus. Also stopping off at Livingston for about 20 minutes going there was a nonsense. Was hoping to have a couple of drinks before the game but time wasn't on our side what with the delay in the traffic just before Hampden. Our coach just made it as well before packing in. What should have been an hour from Edinburgh to Glasgow turned out to be nearly two and a half hours . Going back on the replacement double decker took an eternity as well. Might get the train next time as well.

Bus number 2 it was!

scoopyboy
20-04-2015, 07:54 AM

The bus convenor should not have allowed alcohol on the bus.

It's against the law and penalties are heavy.

stantonhibby
20-04-2015, 08:34 AM

Should have got the train A !

khib70
20-04-2015, 08:38 AM

That sounds like the neanderthal sat just behind me in South Stand I-6. Constant tirade of obscenities and racist abuse. The fourth official apparently was a "wee Paki *******". And Malonga was a "sand dancing ****" and a "****ing coon". Outrageous to hear that kind of stuff directed at one of our players. I said "not Hibs class, mate" to him once and got a stream of abuse for my trouble. Like you, I didn't see the point in entering into further discussions. People like that seem to surface among the once a year Hampden Hibees with depressing regularity.

lord bunberry
20-04-2015, 08:43 AM

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 10:49 AM

We left Earlston at 8:45 and were outside the pub near Hampden at 10:45 and that included a 15 minute fag break at Harthill on the way. Did your bus only have first gear working?

As for the lads who went to ASDA ......... When I was a regular at away games I seem to recall that if you had something more important to do than get back to the bus on time it was presumed that you were happy to make your own way home, and that's exactly what you had to do, coz you got left behind.

silverhibee
20-04-2015, 11:07 AM

It's a funny old game

Sure is. :greengrin

Mikey
20-04-2015, 11:51 AM

Yep, sorry about that. Despite emphasising again and again that they were FAMILY buses we still ended up with the aggressive drunk who had no respect for the other 47 people on the bus.

If we run buses again they'll be invitation only.

j'adore hibs
20-04-2015, 12:04 PM
I was with marleyhibs, yea not to bad but for me if its a family section tickets purchased should be bought including kids tickets hence family section. Allowing groups of adults who are going to get steaming getting seats next to families is just bound to cause discomfort. Im all for cheap tickets for adults but split it into a family section and a bevvied erse section. Its not rocket science. The clown behind who stood up, cursed and generally made a right erse of himself kept going on about how the north was full of "proper" hibs fans standing etc, so why didnt he buy a ticket for there?? its was obvious it was his first game of the season i'll say that much

matty_f
20-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Yep, sorry about that. Despite emphasising again and again that they were FAMILY buses we still ended up with the aggressive drunk who had no respect for the other 47 people on the bus.

If we run buses again they'll be invitation only.

I think that's a good shout Mike.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Some folk need to get a grip.

This thread started out as the same old moan we always get after a big match at Hampden, which is understandable because these games do tend to be the ones that attract more neds and morons than your bog standard league matches. Fine.

But as usual it turns into a general moaning session about games at Easter Road. Any person who has never been to ER reading this thread would think that the place is a hotbed of racism, homophobia and anti social morons most of whom have a drink problem. I'm checking my Hibs top just to confirm that the writing on the badge doesn't say Hibernian Effing football club, nae poofters and the harp isn't actually 20 fags, the ship a bottle of Buckfast and the castle hasn't been replaced by a fiery cross. Coz the way some folk go on you would think that was the case.

Anybody, but anybody, who thinks that removing their kids from any environment where they might hear bad language or racist and homophobic comments will mean their kids will be the better for it is I'm sure doing their best to be a good parent, but the truth is kids will always be exposed to that, from sitting in front of the telly to the school playground. The only thing any parent can really do is to teach their kids when its not appropriate to use bad language and that racism, bigotry and intolerance is wrong and if you are going to drink do it in moderation.

There is a theory held by some scientists which I agree with, that the over use of Dettol etc in people's houses these days has lead to a rise in the number of sickly kids because they never get the chance to build an immunity to germs. IMO you get the same intellectual results by removing kids from real life.

For 20 odd years there has been kids with us at every match we have attended ... the two I used to originally go with are both adults now and as far as I'm aware neither is in the KKK an alcoholic, a homophobe or swears every second word. My mates two kids who go with us to every match appear to be heading the same way ........ They way some folk go on that's a miracle given the horrific things the have seen and heard following Hibs. No its not ... its called having good parents and if you have that, no amount of exposure to the horrors of the FF lower will matter.

Rant over.

Betty Boop
20-04-2015, 12:13 PM

This thread started out as the same old moan we always get after a big match at Hampden, which is understandable because these games do tend to be the ones that attract more neds and morons than your bog standard league matches. Fine.

But as usual it turns into a general moaning session about games at Easter Road. Any person who has never been to ER reading this thread would think that the place is a hotbed of racism, homophobia and anti social morons most of whom have a drink problem. I'm checking my Hibs top just to confirm that the writing on the badge doesn't say Hibernian Effing football club, nae poofters and the harp isn't actually 20 fags, the ship a bottle of Buckfast and the castle hasn't been replaced by a fiery cross. Coz the way some folk go on you would think that was the case.

Anybody, but anybody, who thinks that removing their kids from any environment where they might hear bad language or racist and homophobic comments will mean their kids will be the better for it is I'm sure doing their best to be a good parent, but the truth is kids will always be exposed to that, from sitting in front of the telly to the school playground. The only thing any parent can really do is to teach their kids when its not appropriate to use bad language and that racism, bigotry and intolerance is wrong and if you are going to drink do it in moderation.

There is a theory held by some scientists which I agree with, that the over use of Dettol etc in people's houses these days has lead to a rise in the number of sickly kids because they never get the chance to build an immunity to germs. IMO you get the same intellectual results by removing kids from real life.

For 20 odd years there has been kids with us at every match we have attended ... the two I used to originally go with are both adults now and as far as I'm aware neither is in the KKK an alcoholic, a homophobe or swears every second word. My mates two kids who go with us to every match appear to be heading the same way ........ They way some folk go on that's a miracle given the horrific things the have seen and heard following Hibs. No its not ... its called having good parents and if you have that, no amount of exposure to the horrors of the FF lower will matter.

Rant over.

Fantastic post Nae Nookie ! :top marks

TowerHibs
20-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Also...What are people getting so upset about???

Have a look at any number on threads on here and where there is a difference of opinion, the person insults from grown adults are terrible.

Somehow this all becomes embarrassing and shameful as it happens in the flesh rather than behind a computer desk

Read any number of the Liam Craig threads in the last 6 months to get an idea of how mean and senseless folk can be....why is it suddenly end of the world because people hear it rather than read it.

j'adore hibs
20-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Rant over.

I take two kids to easter road in the FF and never have any bother, I expect the odd expletive and dont get any racist behaviour or anything like that so for me the FF is serving its purpose for me as a parent taking two kids. But some of the stuff my kids witnessed and endured on Saturday from one particular clown i shouldnt really expect in a family stand but you know what its one off this season (unfortunately) and I can live with it.

I do stress though that hampden should have a "proper" family section where kids tickets must be purchased. This would end these type of debates.

Anyway lets discuss those going for food and slashes during the game FFS!!!

hibeesjoe
20-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Not sure what people expect. Lucky if 9000 hibs fans turn up at Easter road for a game so where do the extra 8000 come from for a cup game. Added too the fact that the supposed family section is half the price of other areas so no wonder there is problems.

southsider
20-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Took my new g/f to the game on Saturday. Her first Hibs game, if fact her first ever football match. Went to the Iron Horse for a drink pre-match and she LOVED it. She thought the Hibees fans were brilliant and wants to go to the play-offs. I was gutted by the score but tried not to show it. Posted stuff and pics on her facebook page proudly showing off her new Hibs gear. We were in the North and the only bad behaviour I saw was a "fan" throwing his scarf away.

emerald green
20-04-2015, 02:24 PM
There's a wee article in the Metro today. Here's what it says:

"8 people were gunned down in an attack at a Brazilian football team's fan club. Armed men stormed a barbecue in Sao Paulo where the Pavilhao 9 gang, supporters of Corinthians FC, were meeting. 7 were killed at the club and an eighth was shot as he tried to escape.

Fan clubs are blamed for much of the violence in the city but detective Jose Mario Lara said the investigation in this crime has ruled out a fight between rival gangs. The Pavilhao 9 was founded by inmates at Carandiru jail."

Yet folk are complaining about some supporters using bad language and having a bit too much to drink at Hampden. A wee bit of perspective is needed surely.

howdenthehibby
20-04-2015, 02:44 PM

If we run buses again they'll be invitation only. I feel the need to apologise for the behaviour of the drunk in question , as he was present under the guise of my booking. I myself have no personal relationship with this person , and me and every other person in our company tried to defuse the situation . I would just like to say sorry to everyone offended .

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2015, 03:09 PM
There's a wee article in the Metro today. Here's what it says:

"8 people were gunned down in an attack at a Brazilian football team's fan club. Armed men stormed a barbecue in Sao Paulo where the Pavilhao 9 gang, supporters of Corinthians FC, were meeting. 7 were killed at the club and an eighth was shot as he tried to escape.

Fan clubs are blamed for much of the violence in the city but detective Jose Mario Lara said the investigation in this crime has ruled out a fight between rival gangs. The Pavilhao 9 was founded by inmates at Carandiru jail."

Yet folk are complaining about some supporters using bad language and having a bit too much to drink at Hampden. A wee bit of perspective is needed surely.

Yes perspective is needed from you; you quote a story about armed men storming a barbecue and innocent people being shot! This is about behaviour from drunken ersrholes no comparison what do ever, you might just as well have picked any bad news story.....biizarre.

20-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately trips to hampden brings out people who just see it as an excuse to get absolutely wasted. We had a few pints before the game but far from wasted. Sadly, some folk cant handle their drink and start thinking their hard men with a drink in them. Not to mention all the idiots falling about, pissing in the street, puking in the street/stadium etc. My mate was near a guy who spewed in the aisle in the stadium he was that wasted. Hardly a nice experience, especially when theres kids about. Fortunately I wasn't near him but i can imagine the smell alone was absolutely rotten.

Carheenlea
20-04-2015, 06:38 PM
It`s all very well saying kids will encounter foul language/racist and offensive remarks in environments outwith football stadiums, but what they will unlikely to encounter in those environments are people heavily intoxicated and acting in an aggressive and obnoxious manner.
Football has changed as a spectator sport over time whether we like it or not, and in 2015, just because certain behaviour was acceptable and to maybe be expected on the adult male dominated terraces of the past, it shouldn`t be accepted in the modern day of all seated seated stadiums where families are encouraged by all clubs now to get along to support their team. To not have a properly managed family section in our national stadium for semi finals and finals is baffling, and I would like our fans reps to ask our board of directors to press the SFA as to why this should be the case.

emerald green
20-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Yes perspective is needed from you; you quote a story about armed men storming a barbecue and innocent people being shot! This is about behaviour from drunken ersrholes no comparison what do ever, you might just as well have picked any bad news story.....biizarre.

OK in hindsight it was an extreme example to use. Sorry if it caused any offence to anyone.

I was trying (badly) to make my point that I believe some of the stuff being thrown at the Hibs supporters was a bit OTT IMHO, and there's a lot worse goes on at football matches.

Perhaps the game needs to be completely sanitised? No booze, sit in your seat, and keep quiet, just in case you might offend someone in our politically correct world gone mad?

iwasthere1972
20-04-2015, 06:51 PM
OK in hindsight it was an extreme example to use. Sorry if it caused any offence to anyone.

I was trying (badly) to make my point that I believe some of the stuff being thrown at the Hibs supporters was a bit OTT IMHO, and there's a lot worse goes on at football matches.

Perhaps the game needs to be completely sanitised? No booze, sit in your seat, and keep quiet, just in case you might offend someone in our politically correct world gone mad?

I don't think anybody is suggesting that we go alcohol free and can't have a swear. It's the minority again who have to get pished to extremes and urinate and throw up wherever they want. Also the racists comments are well out of order whether sober or completely trolled.

emerald green
20-04-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't think anybody is suggesting that we go alcohol free and can't have a swear. It's the minority again who have to get pished to extremes and urinate and throw up wherever they want. Also the racists comments are well out of order whether sober or completely trolled.

I agree. I'm not trying to defend any behaviour that goes over the score in any way.

lord bunberry
20-04-2015, 07:06 PM
It`s all very well saying kids will encounter foul language/racist and offensive remarks in environments outwith football stadiums, but what they will unlikely to encounter in those environments are people heavily intoxicated and acting in an aggressive and obnoxious manner.
Football has changed as a spectator sport over time whether we like it or not, and in 2015, just because certain behaviour was acceptable and to maybe be expected on the adult male dominated terraces of the past, it shouldn`t be accepted in the modern day of all seated seated stadiums where families are encouraged by all clubs now to get along to support their team. To not have a properly managed family section in our national stadium for semi finals and finals is baffling, and I would like our fans reps to ask our board of directors to press the SFA as to why this should be the case.
Clearly you didn't grow up in Leith :greengrin

Carheenlea
20-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Clearly you didn't grow up in Leith :greengrin

:hilarious indeed.
That kind of behaviour is no stranger my home town either, but the point I was making was places that kids will encounter bad language and offensive remarks from their peers but maybe not so the obnoxious drunkenness are like the school playground, swimming pools, youth clubs, sports clubs etc then again, I wasn`t brought up in leith :greengrin

Jamesconnolly
20-04-2015, 07:24 PM

Rant over.
Spot on mate could not have put it better myself. This is not the opera.its football and it's been like this for years especially at Hampden.whether it's a scotland game ,Hibs game or celtic ,hearts Rangers,Aberdeen etc you are always going to get some drunk and some sweary people.everytime I go to hampden I have a amateur commentator two rows behind .i don't really notice I am too busy concentrating on the match.on Saturday I can honestly say I didn't see any bad behaviour Just most people enjoying themselves .my kids have went from a young age and know swearing etc is not the done thing and believe me if you think you can go to the football anywhere in the world and not hear swearing you would be better going to church.i also think most of the people moaning on here might just be occasional match attendees :flag::gwa2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-04-2015, 07:44 PM
There were more stewards on show at Hampden than there were Falkirk fans. They are their to get the erses hooked and stop trouble before it happens rather than deal with it when it has. Guess they need told though?

Billychaotic182
20-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Here is my take on the semi final. I was in section F5. There was two young lads in bucket hats. They were out their nut and one was sick on the stairs and asked to move. Other than that the only bother I saw was the young boy beside me having a pop at Stevenson to which an old boy infront took offence to and rightfully put the young lad in his place. But what was even better was 10 mins later the old boy turned back around and shook the young lads hand and all was fine. What was annoying was seeing fans leave in the 70th minute. Yes it was another hampden disappointment but if two years ago showed you anything it's anything can happen. How do you expect the team to try for 90 mins of the fans can be bothered.

Golden Bear
20-04-2015, 08:15 PM
:hilarious indeed.
That kind of behaviour is no stranger my home town either, but the point I was making was places that kids will encounter bad language and offensive remarks from their peers but maybe not so the obnoxious drunkenness are like the school playground, swimming pools, youth clubs, sports clubs etc then again, I wasn`t brought up in leith :greengrin

Aye, ye're right. You and I never had our first pint until 8.45 on Saturday morning!

eastterrace
20-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Here is my take on the semi final. I was in section F5. There was two young lads in bucket hats. They were out their nut and one was sick on the stairs and asked to move. Other than that the only bother I saw was the young boy beside me having a pop at Stevenson to which an old boy infront took offence to and rightfully put the young lad in his place. But what was even better was 10 mins later the old boy turned back around and shook the young lads hand and all was fine. What was annoying was seeing fans leave in the 70th minute. Yes it was another hampden disappointment but if two years ago showed you anything it's anything can happen. How do you expect the team to try for 90 mins of the fans can be bothered.

falkirk didnt score till 74th minute so why leave in the 70th minute unless they could see what was coming, anyway the ones that leave that early are usually day trippers tho there would be some who have had enough and couldnt watch anymore.

green.oracle
21-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Spot on mate could not have put it better myself. This is not the opera.its football and it's been like this for years especially at Hampden.whether it's a scotland game ,Hibs game or celtic ,hearts Rangers,Aberdeen etc you are always going to get some drunk and some sweary people.everytime I go to hampden I have a amateur commentator two rows behind .i don't really notice I am too busy concentrating on the match.on Saturday I can honestly say I didn't see any bad behaviour Just most people enjoying themselves .my kids have went from a young age and know swearing etc is not the done thing and believe me if you think you can go to the football anywhere in the world and not hear swearing you would be better going to church.i also think most of the people moaning on here might just be occasional match attendees :flag::gwa2:

Well were you not one of the lucky ones not seeing any bad behaviour and not having a row of drunken ***holes behind you.

For the record, I am one of the "moaners". Also for the record, I have been watching Hibs home, away and in Europe (not missed a Hibs away game in europe since 1974!!) for over 50 years. I reckon this puts me best placed to comment.

These morons are the worst I have encountered in many a long year. They arrived ten minutes late then proceeded to spoil the game for our party, (myself, 3 adult woman and 3 children, 2 of whom were my grandchildren under 6 years old), until we moved seats. Lets just say had I been sitting with 6 of my mates the outcome would have been different.

Both you and nae nookie keep missing the point. Swearing is not the issue here as has been pointed out several times on this post.

Carhenlea hits the nail on the head. Why there was not a dedicated family area is down to the incompetence of those who run the game.

I would also ask our fans rep, and Leann, to take this up to ensure there is no repeat by having a dedicated family area.

And before someone points out you can get drunken ***holes in family areas too, none of the ones behind us would have got in the family area because there were no kids with them.

GGTTH :flag::flag:

Thecat23
21-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Loads of good Hibs fans out there, loads of ******** Hibs fans out there! The bigger the game the more likely they are to come out. Such is life it won't ever change and it won't stop me taking my four year old to the football.

I'm in the west and there are a couple of clowns near by but I can live with that. I'm there to watch the footy and just switch off to most of it if they start.

lord bunberry
21-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Well were you not one of the lucky ones not seeing any bad behaviour and not having a row of drunken ***holes behind you.

For the record, I am one of the "moaners". Also for the record, I have been watching Hibs home, away and in Europe (not missed a Hibs away game in europe since 1974!!) for over 50 years. I reckon this puts me best placed to comment.

These morons are the worst I have encountered in many a long year. They arrived ten minutes late then proceeded to spoil the game for our party, (myself, 3 adult woman and 3 children, 2 of whom were my grandchildren under 6 years old), until we moved seats. Lets just say had I been sitting with 6 of my mates the outcome would have been different.

Both you and nae nookie keep missing the point. Swearing is not the issue here as has been pointed out several times on this post.

Carhenlea hits the nail on the head. Why there was not a dedicated family area is down to the incompetence of those who run the game.

I would also ask our fans rep, and Leann, to take this up to ensure there is no repeat by having a dedicated family area.

And before someone points out you can get drunken ***holes in family areas too, none of the ones behind us would have got in the family area because there were no kids with them.

There's no point in taking the matter up with hibs, we don't have a dedicated family area at our own stadium!

Brizo
21-04-2015, 08:07 AM
For me theres the swearing out of frustration which can afflict us all (particularly at our regular Hampden debacles) and then theres the tourettes syndrome stuff which is the preserve of pondlife morons. Its that latter group who annoy me and unfortunately they are too stupid to realise theres anything wrong with it. They are usually in the company of like minded Jeremy Kyle show types which makes them difficult to tackle. Thankfully this latter group generally only come out for Hampden games although there is a family of these characters quite near me in S43.

Racisms a totally different and separate issue and imo its the stewards and polis who should be taking appropriate action whenever it raises its head. One racist shout is one too many. I can understand minimum wage stewards not wanting to get involved but the apathy of the police when such instances are pointed out to them is very poor.

Thecat23
21-04-2015, 08:20 AM
There's no point in taking the matter up with hibs, we don't have a dedicated family area at our own stadium!

Isn't the FF meant to be family friendly?

mvteng
21-04-2015, 08:29 AM

Its meant to be. When I started taking my 8 year old son 3 years ago, Hibs Ticket Office told me the FF lower was the family section, so thats were we went.

ok, you're always going to get swearing, but it was absolutely ridiculous were we were. Normally from 2 old boys behind us, who just didnt stop for the whole 90 minutes. You looked around & there was kids everywhere, & you just wonder what they are thinking.

Now moved us both to the West lower & have a really good crowd around us

Thecat23
21-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Its meant to be. When I started taking my 8 year old son 3 years ago, Hibs Ticket Office told me the FF lower was the family section, so thats were we went.

ok, you're always going to get swearing, but it was absolutely ridiculous were we were. Normally from 2 old boys behind us, who just didnt stop for the whole 90 minutes. You looked around & there was kids everywhere, & you just wonder what they are thinking.

That's bad these clowns never got shifted and you had to move. I'm also in the west lower right beside the home dugout. Got a good crowd round me as well.

oldbutdim
21-04-2015, 08:57 AM

It's "Famous Five" mate.

:rolleyes:

:greengrin

Thecat23
21-04-2015, 08:58 AM
It's "Famous Five" mate.

:rolleyes:

:greengrin

[emoji16]

mvteng
21-04-2015, 09:24 AM
That's bad these clowns never got shifted and you had to move. I'm also in the west lower right beside the home dugout. Got a good crowd round me as well.
We're probably pretty close together then.

To be fair to Hibs Ticket Office, they were absolutely great, & there was no problems whatsoever in moving our ST

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Agree totally we all know the difference between fans letting off the odd swear word due to the game to people not able to finish a sentence without an f or c word punctuating it. The fact this behaviour is tolerated by the authorities is a joke to be honest and we sometimes wonder why we are not able to attract more fans.

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 09:42 AM

Was it section 20 by any chance?

I had an ST in there for a couple of seasons and suffered the famous 'Statler and Waldorf'. They were (in)famous moaning barstewards, although it could be quite funny at times.

TBF, they weren't as bad as one guy, about 30 y/o, who went every week with his young son and gave 90 minutes of foul mouthed abuse. I still don't understand how he was never once warned.

mvteng
21-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Was it section 20 by any chance?

I had an ST in there for a couple of seasons and suffered the famous 'Statler and Waldorf'. They were (in)famous moaning barstewards, although it could be quite funny at times.

TBF, they weren't as bad as one guy, about 30 y/o, who went every week with his young son and gave 90 minutes of foul mouthed abuse. I still don't understand how he was never once warned.
Section 19. A wee bit of swearing, ok, but these 2 old boys just Fd & Cd constantly for the whole match. Not nice with a wee boy sitting right in front of them

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2015, 09:52 AM

If you go back and read my post again Green Oracle you will see that my comments were aimed at those who were comparing the goings on at Hampden to what happens at Easter Road on a Saturday. I don't have much problem with the folk moaning about what happened at Hampden, its always the same at big games and nobody, including me, thinks its acceptable. For my part I was right in the middle of the 'family section' and never saw or heard much untoward, it was the same before and after the match.

Like you I have followed Hibs home and away for decades, and I dare say like you, have witnessed a lot worse than what went on at Hampden on Saturday. At the cup tie at Dingwall a couple of years ago there was Hibs fans fighting with each other on the terraces as I recall, me & my mate had to break one of them up.

I have sat in the lower FF for most of the last 20 years and the way some folk go on about it you would think its full of ranting assholes all the time. The truth is that from time to time you do get folk who get carried away by what's happening on the pitch and that includes me. But this is football and that's going to happen, family section or not. Now don't get me wrong, if I blurt out a sweary word I will apologise loudly after it, but I do not and would not use or tolerate racist or bigoted language and if it ever happened near me, which I can say hand on heart it hasn't, I would pull the person up about it, no matter how big or scary they were.

There's a balance to be reached between making football 'family friendly' and sucking the passion out of the game ... If we end up turning a visit to the fitba into the same type of experience as going to the pictures or the theatre, then we will lose the thing that makes the experience special ..... Alex ferguson's sweetie papers quote springs to mind.

Yes we must eradicate the racists, homophobes and bigots .... but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater, that's all I'm saying.

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Section 19. A wee bit of swearing, ok, but these 2 old boys just Fd & Cd constantly for the whole match. Not nice with a wee boy sitting right in front of them

Totally agree.

I think the Club need to decide if they really want this to be a proper Family Section. They should make it clear to everybody sitting in there that there is much less tolerance for foul language and bad behaviour than the rest of the Stadium, then act on it.

I think after one or two have been warned, or even thrown out, that could act as a curb on the behaviour of others.

Before the usual suspects arrive and start moaning about the 'sanitization of football', or whatever, we are talking about a Family Section here, so different rules really do apply.

mvteng
21-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Totally agree.

I think the Club need to decide if they really want this to be a proper Family Section. They should make it clear to everybody sitting in there that there is much less tolerance for foul language and bad behaviour than the rest of the Stadium, then act on it.

I think after one or two have been warned, or even thrown out, that could act as a curb on the behaviour of others.

Before the usual suspects arrive and start moaning about the 'sanitization of football', or whatever, we are talking about a Family Section here, so different rules really do apply.

Apart from the FF experience, I cannot believe how good Hibs Kids is. When I tell other clubs fans about the Hibs Kids days, player signings, football tournament at Xmas, etc, they cannot believe it. They really seem to make the effort to connect with the kids.

Many thanks to Sue & everyone else, as it really is a credit to Hibs.

My wee boy was pulled out the hat to be a mascot at the last Rangers game, & what a great day he had (apart from the score).

green.oracle
21-04-2015, 10:19 AM
If you go back and read my post again Green Oracle you will see that my comments were aimed at those who were comparing the goings on at Hampden to what happens at Easter Road on a Saturday. I don't have much problem with the folk moaning about what happened at Hampden, its always the same at big games and nobody, including me, thinks its acceptable. For my part I was right in the middle of the 'family section' and never saw or heard much untoward, it was the same before and after the match.

Like you I have followed Hibs home and away for decades, and I dare say like you, have witnessed a lot worse than what went on at Hampden on Saturday. At the cup tie at Dingwall a couple of years ago there was Hibs fans fighting with each other on the terraces as I recall, me & my mate had to break one of them up.

I have sat in the lower FF for most of the last 20 years and the way some folk go on about it you would think its full of ranting assholes all the time. The truth is that from time to time you do get folk who get carried away by what's happening on the pitch and that includes me. But this is football and that's going to happen, family section or not. Now don't get me wrong, if I blurt out a sweary word I will apologise loudly after it, but I do not and would not use or tolerate racist or bigoted language and if it ever happened near me, which I can say hand on heart it hasn't, I would pull the person up about it, no matter how big or scary they were.

There's a balance to be reached between making football 'family friendly' and sucking the passion out of the game ... If we end up turning a visit to the fitba into the same type of experience as going to the pictures or the theatre, then we will lose the thing that makes the experience special ..... Alex ferguson's sweetie papers quote springs to mind.

Yes we must eradicate the racists, homophobes and bigots .... but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater, that's all I'm saying.

Fair enough nae nookie.:thumbsup::agree:

OxoHibby
21-04-2015, 10:34 AM

Rant over.

I disagree with you Nae Nookie. That isn't a rant but a great sensible well balanced post

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Apart from the FF experience, I cannot believe how good Hibs Kids is. When I tell other clubs fans about the Hibs Kids days, player signings, football tournament at Xmas, etc, they cannot believe it. They really seem to make the effort to connect with the kids.

Many thanks to Sue & everyone else, as it really is a credit to Hibs.

My wee boy was pulled out the hat to be a mascot at the last Rangers game, & what a great day he had (apart from the score).

:aok:

Yeah, my nephew was the Mascot at the QOTS game and his wee face was beaming.

Lago
21-04-2015, 11:14 AM
The thing that annoys me about many of the responses re behaviour at games, is that old chestnut that the same happens at school and on the street. Well I spend at alot of time with my grand children, 9 & 6 year olds, boy & girl because their parents work full time, and I can assure you they don't see, hear that kind of behaviour at school at home or out playing in their neighbourhood, so why should they be exposed to it at a football match. Also if they do come across it they can move away from it unlike at a game where your stuck for however long you decide to put up with it.
One last thought, how long do you think that kind of behaviour would be tolerated at a sporting event in the USA?

Brightside
21-04-2015, 11:34 AM
We're probably pretty close together then.

To be fair to Hibs Ticket Office, they were absolutely great, & there was no problems whatsoever in moving our ST

There is a husband and wife tag team in the West Lower...you;ve surely heard them!!:greengrin:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2015, 11:52 AM
The thing that annoys me about many of the responses re behaviour at games, is that old chestnut that the same happens at school and on the street. Well I spend at alot of time with my grand children, 9 & 6 year olds, boy & girl because their parents work full time, and I can assure you they don't see, hear that kind of behaviour at school at home or out playing in their neighbourhood, so why should they be exposed to it at a football match. Also if they do come across it they can move away from it unlike at a game where your stuck for however long you decide to put up with it.
One last thought, how long do you think that kind of behaviour would be tolerated at a sporting event in the USA?

It probably wouldn't. But who is saying its tolerated or should be tolerated at the fitba here? I don't know about anybody else posting on this subject, but my argument was purely about people exaggerating the problem, not that there isn't isolated incidents ... and as I have said, I've sat in the FF lower for 20 odd years .... its hardly the Sodom & Gomorrah* some folk are painting it. All I can say is if your grandkids don't hear swearing or racist stuff on the street or at school then things must have changed since I was a kid and I spent the majority of my schooldays in the Borders .... not exactly the ghetto.

On the subject of the USA ...... Have a look at the fans of the Portland Timbers ..... If Easter Road was like that on a Saturday it would be worth twice the admission fee, it seems they tolerate a lot more than we do in Scotland. Their fans have been at it for a couple of decades or something and I doubt there's a set of fans in the UK who could hold a candle to them.

* Note to some of our more enthusiastic historians. Gomorrah isn't a place in Ireland, no point looking for a Hibs connection :greengrin

Lago
21-04-2015, 12:03 PM

weecounty hibby
21-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately we live in a society where F and C are used to punctuate sentences. In fact in the wee town where I live " awrite ya ****" now appears to be a greeting between friends!!!!! Most of them have no awareness of who is around them. I do swear and probably most folk do but I try not to when kids are about

FranckSuzy
21-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Going against the grain here and :tin hat: firmly on, I have to say I've had more bother at ER from young folk than adults! Only a few weeks ago, myself and another ST holder complained to the club about the behaviour of a chap swearing all the time and others around us have had a word as well. Also, there are some little people behind me who squeal, in such a high-pitched voice that the local dogs will be howling, over and over and it does your nut in. I would prefer some old-fashioned swearing, TBH :devil:

Wembley67
21-04-2015, 12:28 PM

Exactly, and this is why I advocate the use of firearms in society.

Kavinho
21-04-2015, 12:32 PM
I feel the need to apologise for the behaviour of the drunk in question , as he was present under the guise of my booking. I myself have no personal relationship with this person , and me and every other person in our company tried to defuse the situation . I would just like to say sorry to everyone offended .

Cheers for this. I was also on that one.
Appreciate you stating that, and the efforts on the bus to quel the P...do chants en route home.

Last 20 mins were fine - I'm assuming he crashed out!!
did have a wee chuckle at the drunken "ahm no fikng getting aff here" - as the bus pulled up at the club shop.

It was just 1 more thing on top of a miserable 2.45hrs to get to hampden, a broken down bus, a driver with a heavy braking foot, a rubbish result and however long back it took on the Cliff Richard bus... !

Any who...

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately we live in a society where F and C are used to punctuate sentences. In fact in the wee town where I live " awrite ya ****" now appears to be a greeting between friends!!!!! Most of them have no awareness of who is around them. I do swear and probably most folk do but I try not to when kids are about

It was ever thus in Edinburgh. It's long been a term of endearment amongst men of a certain age. (cf Welsh, Irvine).

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Exactly, and this is why I advocate the use of firearms in society.

I know that's supposed to be a joke, but if you look at the stadium rules for the clubs in the NFL at least one of them says that fans must not bring firearms into the stadium :greengrin

Smartie
21-04-2015, 06:24 PM
It was ever thus in Edinburgh. It's long been a term of endearment amongst men of a certain age. (cf Welsh, Irvine).

A peculiar part of the world where being known as a "guid ******" is probably the highest accolade one could ever hope for.

(The expletive begins with c and ends in t. Bloomin' sweary filter.)

Stax
21-04-2015, 06:51 PM
A peculiar part of the world where being known as a "guid ******" is probably the highest accolade one could ever hope for.

(The expletive begins with c and ends in t. Bloomin' sweary filter.)
"He's no a bad C***" is unfortunately the level most of us mere mortals can aspire to :greengrin

DH1875
21-04-2015, 08:44 PM
I know that's supposed to be a joke, but if you look at the stadium rules for the clubs in the NFL at least one of them says that fans must not bring firearms into the stadium :greengrin

If people think that folks don't get drunk, say bad words or even end up in the odd punch up at NFL or NHL games then, they are very much mistaken.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2015, 08:51 PM
If people think that folks don't get drunk, say bad words or even end up in the odd punch up at NFL or NHL games then, they are very much mistaken.

I saw the best one on one punch up between two fellas who supported the los angeles dodgers and the new york yankees.

It went on for what seemed 5 minutes with both punching seven bells out of each other, and not a steward or policeman in sight.

And we seemed to be in what i would call a family section. :greengrin

TRC
22-04-2015, 05:14 AM
If a bit of swearing and drunkenness is what kids have to deal with today, trying being five in the terraces dodging bottles, piss and fags being put out on your head all the time.

The Gorf
22-04-2015, 06:58 AM

Rant over.

Excellent Sir :top marks

hibee-boys
22-04-2015, 07:07 AM
If a bit of swearing and drunkenness is what kids have to deal with today, trying being five in the terraces dodging bottles, piss and fags being put out on your head all the time.

Exactly, behaviour at football has moved on greatly over the last 20 years thanks to stricter segregation, policing, more stewards etc. In today's world if all us parents are concerned about are our children hearing a few bad words and the occasional inebriated football fan then we should thank our blessings. Let's put things into perspective here!

Bottom line, if the behaviour is so offensive take them to feed the ducks or something.

green.oracle
22-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Exactly, behaviour at football has moved on greatly over the last 20 years thanks to stricter segregation, policing, more stewards etc. In today's world if all us parents are concerned about are our children hearing a few bad words and the occasional inebriated football fan then we should thank our blessings. Let's put things into perspective here!

Bottom line, if the behaviour is so offensive take them to feed the ducks or something.

Policing, more stewards, moved on, dont make me laugh.

If policing and more stewards acted, then these morons would not get access to the ground in the first place.

Bottom line, lets see what your attitude is if some drunken ***hole spews or urinates over you. Reckon it will be you feeding ducks or something. :rolleyes:

hibee-boys
22-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Policing, more stewards, moved on, dont make me laugh.If policing and more stewards acted, then these morons would not get access to the ground in the first place.Bottom line, lets see what your attitude is if some drunken ***hole spews or urinates over you. Reckon it will be you feeding ducks or something. :rolleyes:Well I can honestly say that in over 30 years of following hibs I've never been spewed or urinated on, sounds as though you've been very unfortunate in that regard then!As for standards at football, and what the police/stewards would deem to be unacceptable behaviour, not moving on........absolute nonsense. You try and stand shouting homophobic, racist abuse and let's see if it's not dealt with appropriately. That's why it's moved on.I can assure you that the next time I take the kids to football though I'll certainly be on the look out for fellow hibs fans who may be about to empty their bladder and/or stomach contents in my direction.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Policing, more stewards, moved on, dont make me laugh.

If policing and more stewards acted, then these morons would not get access to the ground in the first place.

Bottom line, lets see what your attitude is if some drunken ***hole spews or urinates over you. Reckon it will be you feeding ducks or something. :rolleyes:

Aye, coz that happens all the time at the fitba. A couple of isolated, if totally unacceptable, incidents at a big match with 17,000 Hibs fans in attendance and all of a sudden folk are determined to blow things way out of proportion.

Are you seriously trying to say that football in 2015 hasn't moved on as far as fan safety and consideration for family groups is concerned, if you are you must have spent the 70s and 80s following Hibs on the telly.

green.oracle
22-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Aye, coz that happens all the time at the fitba. A couple of isolated, if totally unacceptable, incidents at a big match with 17,000 Hibs fans in attendance and all of a sudden folk are determined to blow things way out of proportion.

Are you seriously trying to say that football in 2015 hasn't moved on as far as fan safety and consideration for family groups is concerned, if you are you must have spent the 70s and 80s following Hibs on the telly.

I already told you in a reply to a previous post where I spent the 70's and 80's (and the 60's) watching Hibs.

I also agreed with your reply to mine.

However, throughout this thread the common theme has been drunkenness. Just because its 2015 does not mean things have moved on. The only saving grace on saturday was that our party could move seats because ther was plenty room. Had that been a full house, we were stuck with the morons behind us.

At least in the 70's and 80's the police would have waded in. Now they pass the buck. The stewards will search my five year old grandaughters small rucksack at the turnstiles yet let some drunken ***holes in with bottles of elderado and buckfast. Thats not what I call putting family groups safety and consideration at the forefront of their actions.

Hey ho, you believe what you want.

Lago
22-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I already told you in a reply to a previous post where I spent the 70's and 80's (and the 60's) watching Hibs.

I also agreed with your reply to mine.

However, throughout this thread the common theme has been drunkenness. Just because its 2015 does not mean things have moved on. The only saving grace on saturday was that our party could move seats because ther was plenty room. Had that been a full house, we were stuck with the morons behind us.

At least in the 70's and 80's the police would have waded in. Now they pass the buck. The stewards will search my five year old grandaughters small rucksack at the turnstiles yet let some drunken ***holes in with bottles of elderado and buckfast. Thats not what I call putting family groups safety and consideration at the forefront of their actions.

Hey ho, you believe what you want.
Spot on, I've followed hibs since 1971 and I agree with you 100%. Some of the stuff I hear is awful and if shouted on the street would have the person lifted, at the football police just ignore it. Too many looking through green tinted spectacles me thinks.

silverhibee
22-04-2015, 12:57 PM

They have signs in the stadium when they are playing "soccer" that say, "Beware of flying footballs" :faf:

Aldo
22-04-2015, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE="green.oracle;4355061"] Policing, more stewards, moved on, dont make me laugh. If policing and more stewards acted, then these morons would not get access to the ground in the first place. Bottom line, lets see what your attitude is if some drunken ***hole spews or urinates over you. Reckon it will be you feeding ducks or something. :rolleyes:[/....

Canongatehibs
22-04-2015, 09:23 PM
I heard some people slagging off One Direction on Saturday.

Im ashamed to be a football fan.

lord bunberry
22-04-2015, 09:51 PM
I heard some people slagging off One Direction on Saturday.

Im ashamed to be a football fan.

I'm sorry but that might have been me. I feel I've let everyone down tbh.