PDA

View Full Version : How does Stubbs get the team up for Livingston game?

Spike Mandela
19-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Since the game yesterday we have had a wide range of emotion and attitudes on here.

They range through a spectrum of 'utter devastation', 'disappointment', 'some you win some you lose', 'unlucky deserved to win' right through to '**** it onward and upward'

These attitudes will no doubt be reflected through the players. How does Stubbs get the whole team into the positive frame of mind to win on Wednesday and indeed to win every game till the end of the season?

Centre Hawf
19-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Since the game yesterday we have had a wide range of emotion and attitudes on here.

They range through a spectrum of 'utter devastation', 'disappointment', 'some you win some you lose', 'unlucky deserved to win' right through to '**** it onward and upward'

These attitudes will no doubt be reflected through the players. How does Stubbs get the whole team into the positive frame of mind to win on Wednesday and indeed to win every game till the end of the season?

I think the players will be hurting but will be raring to go to put things right on Wednesday and I reckon we will absolutely hammer them mid week. Although I could be entirely wrong and and we go out and collapse.

19-04-2015, 11:26 AM
You do to some extent WANT players to be hurting: 1) because it shows they give a **** and 2) it will hopefully make them more determined to succeed in future and never feel like that again.

However, there is a difference between hurting and self-pitty. We have to much left in the season to fight for so we cannot afford to wallow in self-pity. YES we were hard done by yesterday but its over with now, time to pick ourselves up and move on. Take all the emotion of yesterday and use it to spur ourselves on. We have huge play-off games ahead of us, getting promoted is everything now.

pontius pilate
19-04-2015, 11:27 AM
I think with the players hurting yesterday they will want to go out and batter every team between now and seasons end. Ending with us going up the players who wish to move on to bigger and better things need to show try can handle and perform in big games consistently and the next few games will be the ideal time for them to do this

Unseen work
All the players will be desperate to get back out on the pitch and set it straight

Hermit Crab
They have point to prove that they are better than yesterday. They will be up for it. Stanton in for the suspended Allan?

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't have any concerns about Wednesday at all, in terms of their attitude.

We played well yesterday, deserved to win but just couldn't score.

My one concern about Wednesday, in fact my one concern about every game between now and the final play off match, is our inability to take our chances.

Col2
19-04-2015, 11:32 AM
They will be up for it I have no doubts. 100% focus on getting up and finishing 2nd is a big step to doing that.

All that Stubbs needs to remind them is that we can't end up with nothing this season and I honestly believe the players think they are as good if not better than the competition.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2015, 11:34 AM
I don't have any concerns about Wednesday at all, in terms of their attitude.

We played well yesterday, deserved to win but just couldn't score.

My one concern about Wednesday, in fact my one concern about every game between now and the final play off match, is our inability to take our chances.

Me neither, we are a better team than Livingston just as we are better than almost every team in this league. Its our inability to take our chances that's costing us dearly and one we must address to hopefully go up this season.

PPZPOL
19-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Stubbs has been on a real learning curve this season which we all knew would be the case. This is yet another test, we've managed to bounce back after dominating matches previously and losing/drawing so let's hope we can do it again.

Wed will be a test as The Rangers found out last week.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Tell them we still have 3 big league games left and then massive play off games after that.

Anyone who can't get up for that and is wallowing in yesterdays defeat probably doesn't fit into the new attitude we've heard so much about.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 11:52 AM
If any of the players can't get motivated for our remaining matches then they shouldn't be here imo.

emerald green
19-04-2015, 11:53 AM
The game against Livingston will be a very difficult game for Hibs. I heard Livingston were a bit unlucky not to beat the newco recently.

Player called Hippolyte needs to be marked carefully. Can Hibs take their chances?

Turkish Green
19-04-2015, 12:05 PM
If any of the players can't get motivated for our remaining matches then they shouldn't be here imo.

With many players' contracts expiring at end of June, you'd expect them to be performing in the shop window. Everything still to play for.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2015, 12:52 PM

I hear what you are saying but players are human too and will feel a range of emotions after yesterday as well. They can't just switch feelings off and on.

Several of the players will feel a bit down and deflated after yesterday and the skill of man management is how to pick players up and provide confidence.

silverhibee
19-04-2015, 01:08 PM
With many players' contracts expiring at end of June, you'd expect them to be performing in the shop window. Everything still to play for.

Maybe some have already found new clubs.

TAHibby
19-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Found his post match interview fairly encouraging, he'll get them up for it. We can still make something of this season.

B.H.F.C
19-04-2015, 07:28 PM
He shouldn't need to lift them. The players, themselves, should understand what we still have to play for. Attitude hasn't been in question for me this year though, just ability at times.

We still have a chance to make a success of the season. Anything less than promotion is failure so that should be enough to drive them on.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Will anyone be asking how Ronny Deila is going to get Celtic up for the remaining vital league games?

Spike Mandela
19-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Will anyone be asking how Ronny Deila is going to get Celtic up for the remaining vital league games?

Possibly. Might have to console themselves with the league cup and a substantial lead in the league.

We have a lot more work to do than them to ensure a successful season.

Waxy
19-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Dont need to ak him. They buy the league and expect it to come to them.

lord bunberry
19-04-2015, 08:45 PM
I don't think it's a given that yesterday's result will be put aside as easily as some expect. You see it all the time that a team takes a bit of a dip after a big defeat. I think it's good that the game comes so quickly, it's at times like this that a good manager proves his worth.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 09:08 PM
I don't think it's a given that yesterday's result will be put aside as easily as some expect. You see it all the time that a team takes a bit of a dip after a big defeat. I think it's good that the game comes so quickly, it's at times like this that a good manager proves his worth.

I fully expect us to beat Livingston on Wednesday night.

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't see us winning the three games, we will end up 3rd and have tough games on our hands which I just can't see us getting through.
If rangers end up playing second bottom in the sol we need them to win cause to have them in the league again would knacker us next season

marleyhib
19-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Our season didn't rest on yesterday, cup run was nice, promotion is the real goal - go out and prove any doubters wrong and give something back to the fans who made the journey GGTTH

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't see us winning the three games, we will end up 3rd and have tough games on our hands which I just can't see us getting through.
If rangers end up playing second bottom in the sol we need them to win cause to have them in the league again would knacker us next season

All those games are easily winnable. What games don't you see us winning :confused: 9 points for me.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 09:44 PM
All those games are easily winnable. What games don't you see us winning :confused: 9 points for me.

Falkirk perhaps?

We don't have a particularly great track record against them this season!

As it happens, I am hopeful of winning all three matches. It just depends on whether or not Hearts are up for it when they play Sevco in the final game.

silverhibee
19-04-2015, 11:01 PM

Livi have picked up in the last 5 games, won 3 and drawn 2, our last 5 are lost 3 won 2, it won't be a easy game for us that's for sure, remember Livi are battling to stay in this league and will be up for it as like us they need to win the game, a draw would be the worst result for both teams, and then you have Falkirk who we haven't beaten this season, so i hate to say it but these games are not easily winnable, I'll go for 4 points out of the 3 games.

Smartie
19-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Getting the team up for the game shouldn't be hard - we have plenty still to play for this season. As some have mentioned the cup run was a bonus.

I'm more interested in how he gets them to keep their composure in the final third, to pick out a decent cross or pass or to know when to take a touch or hit it early.

I'm concerned as to how we cope without Allan as he's been immense again in the past 3 games.

I'm keen to see how we keep our cool if we're not winning any of the games comfortably 6o minutes or so in.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2015, 07:40 AM
The game against Livingston will be a very difficult game for Hibs. I heard Livingston were a bit unlucky not to beat the newco recently.

Player called Hippolyte needs to be marked carefully. Can Hibs take their chances?
And can we defend crosses into the box ,as Housten has made it clear that's where all thier goals against us this season have come from ,and will be interesting to see if teams we play try and use this tactic more than previously .

woodythehibee
20-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Scotty Allan is suspended. I think Keith Watson is too. Likely to see Boyle start I would think.

Sylar
20-04-2015, 11:05 AM
They'll need to be picked up and fired up for it as Livingston are fighting for their lives at the minute and have found a good bit of form lately!

It doesn't matter that they're currently propping up the table, Wednesday will be a very difficult game.

JimBHibees
20-04-2015, 12:37 PM
They'll need to be picked up and fired up for it as Livingston are fighting for their lives at the minute and have found a good bit of form lately!

It doesn't matter that they're currently propping up the table, Wednesday will be a very difficult game.

Certainly will be a difficult game for the reasons you suggest. Sounds like Livi should have beaten Rangers just last week. We will need whoever comes in for Allan to put in a real performance.