PDA

View Full Version : Hibs' conversion rate this season

El Gubbz
19-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Any stattos out there able to put together our conversion rate this season and compare it with the rest of the league?

Yesterday was another example of us creating chance after chance without taking them and conceding from their only real attack.

I was brave enough to watch the highlights this morning and thought we played REALLY well but lack that killer touch in the box to finish teams off. I can't really think of any saves McDonald actually had to make other than when he gathered the rebound of the post.

greenlex
19-04-2015, 09:12 AM
First few minutes from Farid.

Nutmegged
19-04-2015, 09:46 AM
How many chances were created for our strikers? We can make all th3 chances in the World but unless they're falling to the natural goalscorers we've got in the team then it'll never be a surprise when we don't convert those chances into goals

Ozyhibby
19-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Any stattos out there able to put together our conversion rate this season and compare it with the rest of the league?

Yesterday was another example of us creating chance after chance without taking them and conceding from their only real attack.

I was brave enough to watch the highlights this morning and thought we played REALLY well but lack that killer touch in the box to finish teams off. I can't really think of any saves McDonald actually had to make other than when he gathered the rebound of the post.

It would have went in if he had not tipped it onto the post in the first place.

ancient hibee
19-04-2015, 01:15 PM

He put it onto the post in the first place.

DTS
19-04-2015, 01:21 PM
He saved from malonga and farid late on, and as said saved the shot that went onto the post

El Gubbz
19-04-2015, 07:04 PM
He saved from malonga and farid late on, and as said saved the shot that went onto the post

That's not really the argument though, did hibs test McDonald? Other than the one he got finger tips to he had a pretty easy game considering how much we dominated. Our killer instinct isn't good enough.

Scottie
19-04-2015, 07:11 PM

Wish you had posted this question last night as I was on the flight back last night after the game with Angus Loughran (statto) been up for the Scottish National at Ayr.

No killer touch as you say and We didn't test him at all as I can only remember 2 or 3 easy saves late on from McDonald after his good save onto the post in the first half.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 07:13 PM
13 shots - 3 on target yesterday.

Raith away. 20 shots - 5 on target. :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
19-04-2015, 07:46 PM
El Alagui's zero gravity header.
Fyvie on to the post.
Tame Forster header from first half corner.
Fyvie from distance just after Allan hit the bar.
El Alagui late on.
Djedje late on (I might be making this one up)
Malonga late on.

He also saved from his own defender obviously.

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2015, 11:32 AM
in 41 competitive games this season we have had 567 shots at goal, 241 on target and scored 78. That is a 13% success rate from shots to goals.

In our 4 league games against rangers, we have a 31% success rate, with 9 goals from 29 shots.

In our first game to Dumbarton this season, we had 25 shots, 14 on target and didnt score.

37 shots against Hearts this season, scoring 5. A success rate of 13.5%

We've had 56 shots against Falkirk this season, 20 on target, and scored 3. A success rate of 5.35%

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2015, 12:25 PM
In the last few weeks we've also hit the woodwork twice against Hearts, twice against Raith and twice against Falkirk.

Matt92
20-04-2015, 12:28 PM
in 41 competitive games this season we have had 567 shots at goal, 241 on target and scored 78. That is a 13% success rate from shots to goals.

In our 4 league games against rangers, we have a 31% success rate, with 9 goals from 29 shots.

In our first game to Dumbarton this season, we had 25 shots, 14 on target and didnt score.

37 shots against Hearts this season, scoring 5. A success rate of 13.5%

We've had 56 shots against Falkirk this season, 20 on target, and scored 3. A success rate of 5.35%

That Falkirk stat is something else - testament to Jamie McDonald? Always rated him as a keeper, he should be at a higher level than the Championship.

GreenArmyyy!
20-04-2015, 12:30 PM
That really is staggeringly poor finishing. So against Falkirk we score on average once every 20 shots. Incredible.

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2015, 01:19 PM
In comparison, Hearts have had 537 shots in 38 competitive games. They've hit the target 227 times, and scored 96. So they have a success rate of 17.8%. Take their 10 goal game out and it actually drops their success rate to 16.8%

Hearts have averaged 14.1 shots a game, and have averaged 2.52 goals.

We have averaged 13.82 shots a game, and have averaged 1.9 goals.

SlickShoes
20-04-2015, 01:26 PM

Another problem related to this is the amount of balls we float across the six yard box to no one, there were countless times on saturday we floated a ball in close to no one that just ended up at the other side of the pitch to be floated back across to no one again.

The_Sauz
20-04-2015, 01:40 PM

Did Hearts sit in and defend all game :rolleyes:

Iain G
20-04-2015, 02:02 PM
In comparison, Hearts have had 537 shots in 38 competitive games. They've hit the target 227 times, and scored 96. So they have a success rate of 17.8%. Take their 10 goal game out and it actually drops their success rate to 16.8%

Hearts have averaged 14.1 shots a game, and have averaged 2.52 goals.

We have averaged 13.82 shots a game, and have averaged 1.9 goals.

So interestingly we are both getting 42% of our attempts at goal on target, but Hearts are converting 42% of their shots on target and we are achiving 32%.

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2015, 09:34 AM
So up to Falkirk, our conversion rate for the season was 13%

Against Livvy midweek it was 25%, scoring 3 from 12 shots, and against Alloa it was 19%, scoring 4 from 19 shots.

Let's hope we improve our conversion rate for the season against Falkirk, of 5%, this coming week

Winston Ingram
26-04-2015, 12:57 PM
On the flip side the conversion rate of opposition must be incredible. The last 3 games being prime examples.

Ozyhibby
26-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm sure STV did an analysis on why Hearts one the league and I think the main difference they saw between Hibs and Hearts was the goalkeepers.
We both limited the opposition to the same amount of shots but the Hearts goalie saved a much higher percentage.

Thecat23
26-04-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm sure STV did an analysis on why Hearts one the league and I think the main difference they saw between Hibs and Hearts was the goalkeepers.
We both limited the opposition to the same amount of shots but the Hearts goalie saved a much higher percentage.

If true I'm not at all surprised at this. Alexander is a better keeper than Oxley!

Smartie
26-04-2015, 01:49 PM
On the flip side the conversion rate of opposition must be incredible. The last 3 games being prime examples.

This is as big a concern for me as the amount of chances we miss. If not a bigger concern tbh.

The number of goals we've given away in the past 3 games, given our dominance of possession and the relatively few opportunities we have given the opposition is unacceptable.

All 3 goals have been pretty awful from our point of view.

We'll need to do much, much better against stronger opposition in the playoffs.