PDA

View Full Version : Small steps

HappyAsHellas
18-04-2015, 11:10 PM
As everyone is too well aware, our organisational sense at the start of this season was diabolical - a threadbare squad totally shot of confidence, a new manager with no time whatsoever to try and instill not only a new style of playing, but also get new players up to speed after a non existent pre season.
At one point we were second bottom of this division with some people even touting the possibility of a second relegation. We started to find our feet a bit, and then lost Farid long term to injury. Through all this our manger remained positive and gave our players the backing to try and express themselves on the pitch. Home fans were quick to heap criticism on players with several individuals being singled out for harsh treatment, while another set of fans were hell bent on trying to destroy the very fabric of the club itself.
Think about how you felt then compared to now.
Today was a disappointment, but will not ultimately decide whether we are deemed a success or not. We reached the quarter and semi finals of our national cups, and are in with a chance of finishing second. We are in the play offs and it will be exciting to see how it all pans out.
We have come a long way in a short space of time, and although we all wish it could be better, we are in a very good position compared to the end of last season when there looked to be no positives whatsoever. I remain convinced that we are moving in the right direction:
We do play some bloody good football.
We have some outstanding young players.
We now look forward to derby matches.
This is only the beginning.

As fans, we can sometimes be overly emotional and fail to see the bigger picture. Put today's result behind us and get behind the team for what will be the real effort till the last ball is kicked. We can do this, but we have to be in on it as well as the team.

:flag:GGTTH

green day
19-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Very good post.

People who want to beat us with the "should have beat Falkirk" "missed opportunity to win cup" need a reality check. We were a shambles and are still a work in progress.

My big fear was the meltdown on here if we squeezed past Falkirk and were horsed in the final!

Being honest, I am assuming my season ticket next year is in the championship, anything else is a bonus.

I reiterate, we were a shambles, but now so much is better, and our manager - inexperienced though he is - is doing OK. He will be better next year too.

Understand peoples annoyance yesterday, but we have no divine right to beat Falkirk.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Very good post.

People who want to beat us with the "should have beat Falkirk" "missed opportunity to win cup" need a reality check. We were a shambles and are still a work in progress.

My big fear was the meltdown on here if we squeezed past Falkirk and were horsed in the final!

Being honest, I am assuming my season ticket next year is in the championship, anything else is a bonus.

I reiterate, we were a shambles, but now so much is better, and our manager - inexperienced though he is - is doing OK. He will be better next year too.

Understand peoples annoyance yesterday, but we have no divine right to beat Falkirk.

Not saying we have a divine right to beat them and acknowledge the progress made But we have now had four opportunities to beat them this season and haven't One win in four given progress made wasn't asking too much Yes we should of beat them but equally they had a game plan which we knew they would try and execute and we allowed them to do that It was another late Mugging but that's what Teams know they can do against us
Have sobered up but it was still a sore one to take yesterday😦