PDA

View Full Version : Crosses

ScottM1875
18-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Our crosses today were pretty bad, the majority being cleared by the first line of defence. Why is this and how can it be fixed? Also I'm confused as to why we didn't stop the crosses and change it up when it obviously wasn't working.

Kaff
18-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Our crosses today were pretty bad, the majority being cleared by the first line of defence. Why is this and how can it be fixed? Also I'm confused as to why we didn't stop the crosses and change it up when it obviously wasn't working.

My opinion is that they came in after we had slowed things down, when play was broken and high tempo we were dangerous but all too often we would play a couple of passes and then put it wide where two defensive players had time to move across. Of course the ref broke up two of our better switches, which were at pace, and Lewis would have been one on one each time.
We gave to play high tempo and if that means chucking in the occasional long ball so be it imo

IberianHibernian
18-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Crosses were poor but no worse than the rest of the season . Other times crosses were ok but Farid and JC either hid or didn`t move . Meanwhile our best finisher got 3 minutes and other sub got 15 .

Andy74
18-04-2015, 09:52 PM
With Farid there I think we are trying to get it in a bit too early.

Kaff
18-04-2015, 09:59 PM
With Farid there I think we are trying to get it in a bit too early.

As a straight down the middle ball from deep we were guilty of that but I suppose what we couldn't do today was a diagonal in behind the opposing flank, it doesn't help when the opposition won't come out though.
Gray would have made the world of difference today, and Boyle too but he was never an option obviously, pace and drive was missing

madhatter
18-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Crossing at Hibs has been woeful for years. Even when we did have wide players. Hit first man 8/10.

ScottM1875
18-04-2015, 10:03 PM
We never seem to have the defenders on the back foot or running toward their own goal when crosses go in. They seem to be able to prepare themselves with back to goal and clear it quite easily.

madhatter
18-04-2015, 10:06 PM
We never seem to have the defenders on the back foot or running toward their own goal when crosses go in. They seem to be able to prepare themselves with back to goal and clear it quite easily.

Pedantic - 3-4 touches before eventually putting ball in (easy to read). Movement is poor and knowledge of game is poor.

wookie70
18-04-2015, 10:41 PM
The crossing has been very poor all season particularly from good positions but I also think the strikers don't seem to find the right positions and we don't have a midfielder who is brave enough to regularly get into the box. This and our shooting are the biggest problems in my opinion. Both should be easy enough to address in training but then again so should throw ins and set pieces.

To be fair to Stubbs he looks to have worked hard on playing a good style of football and he did start with a squad at one of the lowest levels in our history. He has them playing some really nice football but it is football not ski jumping and there are no points for style.

Hibs to me seem to produced some caviar football when bread and butter would be far more fulfilling and effective.