PDA

View Full Version : Contracts.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Today's game was massive for the players out of contract and the ones we hoped to extend. If we had won today we were in a very good position to offer deals.

Sadly this game has cost us a few bob. The play offs will bring in some cash but really could have done with making another final. If we stay down expect a very different looking Hibs team next season.

WillowbraeHibby
18-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Today's game was massive for the players out of contract and the ones we hoped to extend. If we had won today we were in a very good position to offer deals.

Sadly this game has cost us a few bob. The play offs will bring in some cash but really could have done with making another final. If we stay down expect a very different looking Hibs team next season.

:top marksSpot on.......

green day
18-04-2015, 04:32 PM

I hope it will be different. More steel in midfield and strikers that take chances will be a good start.

Also, we will deffo have a new keeper. Regardless, we will have largest (or 2nd if gers still there) budget in the league.

We should go up.

Keep the faith

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:33 PM
I hope it will be different. More steel in midfield and strikers that take chances will be a good start.

Also, we will deffo have a new keeper. Regardless, we will have largest (or 2nd if gers still there) budget in the league.

We should go up.

Keep the faith

Yeah I'm told Oxley is gone anyway. I'd like to keep Cummings and Farid if I'm honest. Not to bothered about the other strikers. Allan will be off I think along with the loan signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
18-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Yeah I'm told Oxley is gone anyway. I'd like to keep Cummings and Farid if I'm honest. Not to bothered about the other strikers. Allan will be off I think along with the loan signings.

We talked about strikers on way back and said same.

Would like to keep Dylan.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Me too but I don't think we will. Could be wrong though.

3pm
18-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Me too but I don't think we will. Could be wrong though.

To be honest man, we'll survive regardless.

Personally I'd keep Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, McGeouch, Fyvie and Jason.

Every one else can piss off.

3pm
18-04-2015, 04:45 PM
To be honest man, we'll survive regardless.

Personally I'd keep Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, McGeouch, Fyvie and Jason.

Every one else can piss off.

And Farid.

Lago
18-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Yip some of them may well be already talking to prospective new employers, can't really blame if I'm honest.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:49 PM
I'm not saying we will be weaker by the way. I'm saying we will be very different that's for sure. May be a good thing only time will tell!!

madhatter
18-04-2015, 04:52 PM
And Farid.

Im not fussed about keeping any of them. Struggle to beat Falkirk and QoS all season. Should be looking at their stronger, more mobile, younger players. reilly at QoS looks good.

We need to build a younger squad with more attacking intent. Why we are always so slow and pedantic with buildup I'll never understand.

cummings has talent but his touch is awful. If our squad was so good we wouldn't have started with 1 upfront in some games and play a diamond in midfield against Cowdenbeath.

If we don't start whatever league we are in with a more attacking outlook to the team next season, it will be another dire season.

My_Wife_Camille
18-04-2015, 04:53 PM
This doesn't bother me at all. Hopefully we can bring in some players that can actually beat the likes of Falkirk, Raith and Queen of the South next season

Benny Brazil
18-04-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm not saying we will be weaker by the way. I'm saying we will be very different that's for sure. May be a good thing only time will tell!!

I think it will be good - but only if Stubbs is able to get the right people in. I agree with most keep Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Farid, Cummings - the midfield will need an overhaul.
I'd like to see wingers with pace who can go past players - and dare I say it a left back, Lewis is a decent player but would like us to get a Gray-esque left back.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:57 PM
I think it will be good - but only if Stubbs is able to get the right people in. I agree with most keep Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Farid, Cummings - the midfield will need an overhaul.
I'd like to see wingers with pace who can go past players - and dare I say it a left back, Lewis is a decent player but would like us to get a Gray-esque left back.

Wingers is a must for me. We are to slow moving forward and that would give us options to stretch teams when struggling.

Benny Brazil
18-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Wingers is a must for me. We are to slow moving forward and that would give us options to stretch teams when struggling.

Totally agree TC - you could see today how we struggled out wide to get past players and put in a decent cross

madhatter
18-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Also whilst I like Stevenson, his lack of height has caused us much grief this season - most goal kicks are aimed down his side. Not a single player today apart from Allan showed that they have the change of pace, skill and guts to take a player on. Everybody else that did got outpaced, outmuscled, or they simply didn't try instead they took multiple poor touches (almost losing ball) or passed it sideways.

on that note, we are likely to lose Allan (hopefully get close to 1 million for him because he is good enough to play at high level). The rest can clear off for all I care. Some part of me wished Malonga, Djedje, and the like hadn't been given 2 year contracts...

We need to start playing some of our youngsters. We need to bring in young ambitious players.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2015, 05:09 PM
next up... A thread about how their hearts won't be in it... Predictable.
This should be no surprise really but it is speculation at present.
A cup final would have helped emmensly but we should have to rely on it however it would have resulted in more STs...

Aldo
18-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Today's game was massive for the players out of contract and the ones we hoped to extend. If we had won today we were in a very good position to offer deals. Sadly this game has cost us a few bob. The play offs will bring in some cash but really could have done with making another final. If we stay down expect a very different looking Hibs team next season.

Who knows TC!!

Massive few weeks ahead!!

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Losers being replaced by more losers, we do it every season.

keep the faith
18-04-2015, 05:20 PM

We are a good side. Just not there up front yet. Losers is way unfair.

scuttle
18-04-2015, 05:34 PM
We are a good side. Just not there up front yet. Losers is way unfair.

Or at the back

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 05:34 PM

Not with Stubbs BH. Was a huge ask to go win this in his first season not only that on the back of the club being at an all time low after going down.

I feel very positive under him and I believe he has us going the right way. Few bumps on the way but Hibs aren't a bad side.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Not with Stubbs BH. Was a huge ask to go win this in his first season not only that on the back of the club being at an all time low after going down.

I feel very positive under him and I believe he has us going the right way. Few bumps on the way but Hibs aren't a bad side.

If we go up perhaps you might be right, but todays result will cost us an awful lot of money. I'm struggling to see how we can take any positives out of that.

Going up THIS season is a must, if not just imagine what we will be spending on wages compared to now.

Turkish Green
18-04-2015, 05:49 PM
If it is to be another season in the Championship then AS needs to add at least two wide players to the squad. One thing the yams were able to do this season is break down packed defences by going around the wings. Hibs this season have tried to go down the middle with a curate's egg of success.

i have still not totally given up on winning the Play-offs but consistency in front of goal needs to be found.

West hamBERNIAN
18-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Is Liam Craig out of contract? If not is he just getting punted or injured? Love Cummings but he has too work on right foot. need back up for Lewis. Other than that I don't have a clue.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Craig be gone in the summer.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:30 PM

I disagree I expect leanne Dempster to pull out the coin to keep the good guys at Hibs. Let's start with Fraser Fyvie

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Craig be gone in the summer.

Don't be so sure we might retain him

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 06:31 PM
I disagree I expect leanne Dempster to pull out the coin to keep the good guys at Hibs. Let's start with Fraser Fyvie

Trust me contracts were going to be opened up if we reached the final.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 06:32 PM
would love to keep Fontaine

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Don't be so sure we might retain him

I got told he's Dundee bound but we'll find out sooner or later

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:41 PM

Looks like Dens park has become our waste disposal unit then?

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 06:43 PM

Not Dundee bound put the other side! Or so his dad says!!!!

ian omand
18-04-2015, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=Thecat23;4351910]Today's game was massive for the players out of contract and the ones we hoped to extend. If we had won today we were in a very good position to offer deals.

Sadly this game has cost us a few bob. The play offs will bring in some cash but really could have done with making another final. If we stay down expect a very different looking Hibs team next season.[/

Yes this defeat has cost us a lot of money and if we don't go up and we don't match the teams around us with athleticism strength physicality and game awareness then we will struggle.
I enjoyed Allens performance but sadly it seems football talent is not enough.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 07:18 PM

I can't see us being stronger after this result .Its like a kick in the Baws that floors you Just when you think things are looking up That's now four of our last six games we have lost at a crucial stage of season .

trev the hat
18-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Massive hit on coinage today £1m+ Not reaching final.
books guaranteed to be at a loss & the loss of 1500 extra season books on getting to a final a big big hit, one that we won't feel the full impact of til next Aug, I really hope we manage to get up as if folk think this season has been bad.
We're looking at 5k season books should we not prevail.
Not a good day at all imo way more than the result !!

J-C
18-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Someone will come in with a good offer for Allan which we won't be able to refuse, that money will be used to get players in, Malonga will be gone and we'll get money there also.

I still think the play off results will determine who might still sign again depending on where we are.

I think we need to look for better than Robertson and Craig.

Benny Brazil
18-04-2015, 09:11 PM
I just hope that no matter what league we are in - that Stubbs get the players in and ready for the very first league game - especially if we are still in the Championship we need to hit the ground running

Col2
18-04-2015, 09:13 PM
We need to get a bit of realism. We don't budget for a cup run and final appearance would have net us £500k not £1m.

The REAL difference will be determined by promotion or not. If we make it then we will get massive bounce on season tickets and clearly more income being back in top league.

Hibby Bairn
18-04-2015, 09:18 PM
What an utterly depressing thread. What a mess.

Hibernian Football Club. How has it come to this.

IberianHibernian
18-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Whatever happens in playoffs players will leave and arrive . Same if we`d won today . We lost a lot of time last summer by not sacking Butcher before or straight after playoffs and hope we are already in negotiations for players whatever division we`ll be in . If were not going up , we`d almost benefit by losing early in playoffs so we know where we`ll be playing and starting to plan . Whoever we lose and sign we desperately need to find some good young players - this year there haven`t been many if any easy games to give younger players a chance but IF we stay down I`d hope to see more young players playing . Could do with signing an entertainer like Zemmama or Charnley were too - despite all the understandable pessimism here after today , if we go up crowds will return and if we stay down fans will come back if team is playing good football and winning .

madhatter
18-04-2015, 09:51 PM

"How has it come to this"? Years of neglect from those charged with running the club.

My biggest concern is unless things soon improve drastically then we'll struggle to get 7k at home games. Playing OK football means nothing. It isn't as if we are watching Messi and Ronaldo is it? So, if the football is quite good for Scottish standards but we win nothing, how do club intend on enticing fans to keep going? We kept faith through all of the garbage (still on going), when will we get a decent team able of winning something? I'm a HSL supporter but I hold little faith of us having any contribution to players being noteworthy, 1 because of the destructive decline of the club (few fans willing to back it) and 2 we may still be in championship with players not good enough under contract, 3 I still have reservations of the money actually reaching the right place. I hold a very serious concern that these "changes" to the club have happened too late. Can't help but sense the presence of slippery slope and point of no return. Put it this way with so many fans already having turned their back on the club, more likely to do the same at end of this season if what is likely to happen, happens, our budget each year must be plummeting. We got relegated at worst possible time and during one of the worst periods for the club. No guarantee of promotion this year or next. Don't get me wrong, I don't see club going out of existence or something as drastic as that but I do see us readjusting to yet another lower level. When we do get promoted, bottom six will be what we'll end up being with low crowds etc. I hope this doesn't happen but lack if ambition is a disease the club have. Thinking about Hibs just makes me depressed to be honest, Scottish football in general actually, it is dying a slow death.

Jamesie
18-04-2015, 10:43 PM
"How has it come to this"? Years of neglect from those charged with running the club.

My biggest concern is unless things soon improve drastically then we'll struggle to get 7k at home games.

As much as I hate to say it, I mentioned to a mate during the Derby that we could quite easily close the Famous Five stand on match days to reduce overheads and accommodate those supporters in the West and East. I wonder if we might see that happening next season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Sorry, but if we can't even score against Falkirk in 90 mins at a neutral stadium then I honestly couldn't care what happens next season.

Ps. Falkirk are 5th in the second tier. Pathetic

Hannah_hfc
19-04-2015, 12:08 AM

My biggest concern is unless things soon improve drastically then we'll struggle to get 7k at home games. Playing OK football means nothing. It isn't as if we are watching Messi and Ronaldo is it? So, if the football is quite good for Scottish standards but we win nothing, how do club intend on enticing fans to keep going? We kept faith through all of the garbage (still on going), when will we get a decent team able of winning something? I'm a HSL supporter but I hold little faith of us having any contribution to players being noteworthy, 1 because of the destructive decline of the club (few fans willing to back it) and 2 we may still be in championship with players not good enough under contract, 3 I still have reservations of the money actually reaching the right place. I hold a very serious concern that these "changes" to the club have happened too late. Can't help but sense the presence of slippery slope and point of no return. Put it this way with so many fans already having turned their back on the club, more likely to do the same at end of this season if what is likely to happen, happens, our budget each year must be plummeting. We got relegated at worst possible time and during one of the worst periods for the club. No guarantee of promotion this year or next. Don't get me wrong, I don't see club going out of existence or something as drastic as that but I do see us readjusting to yet another lower level. When we do get promoted, bottom six will be what we'll end up being with low crowds etc. I hope this doesn't happen but lack if ambition is a disease the club have. Thinking about Hibs just makes me depressed to be honest, Scottish football in general actually, it is dying a slow death.
Jeez.... I can just imagine that threads and posts like this are giving any yams looking in absolute joy.

madhatter
19-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Jeez.... I can just imagine that threads and posts like this are giving any yams looking in absolute joy.

And I care what they think?

Heisenberg
19-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Sorry, but if we can't even score against Falkirk in 90 mins at a neutral stadium then I honestly couldn't care what happens next season.

Ps. Falkirk are 5th in the second tier. Pathetic

We're 3rd in the second tier. We aren't a very good team unfortunately.

B.H.F.C
19-04-2015, 09:09 AM
I'm not that fussed about keeping many of the out of contract players. Fontaine, Fyvie and Dylan yes. Other than that I'm not too bothered. We've largely under performed for most of the year.

bingo70
19-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Not just us losing our out of contract players, I see hearts are losing Danny Wilson. Hopefully that'll be a blow for them.

3pm
19-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Not just us losing our out of contract players, I see hearts are losing Danny Wilson. Hopefully that'll be a blow for them.

Is that definite?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Is that definite?

Told Nelson and Potter during the week according to the Scotsman

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Told Nelson and Potter during the week according to the Scotsman

Walker is going too 😁

Colr
19-04-2015, 10:55 AM

Something to do with a gypsy curse, I understand.

3pm
19-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Walker is going too 😁

Is he contracted?

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Is he contracted?

Not sure but I'm told he's heading south. If he is contracted to them another year they will get a good price I'd imagine.

3pm
19-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Not sure but I'm told he's heading south. If he is contracted to them another year they will get a good price I'd imagine.

Reality kicking in. Days of offering £8K a week to keep them are gone.

Shame.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Exactly mate, poor wee souls!

3pm
19-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Exactly mate, poor wee souls!

He's done well in the Championship but never kicked a baw in the top league.

Might get £300K for him.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 11:08 AM
He's done well in the Championship but never kicked a baw in the top league.

Might get £300K for him.

Yeah I think that would be the most they would get!

Unseen work
19-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I can't believe some of the stuff im reading here!!!

Fans seem to change there mind after every game here! Losing 1 game doesn't mean we are terrible and all of our players are rubbish, in the same way if we win it doesn't mean they are all world class and we would walk the spl.

Borderhibbie76
19-04-2015, 11:29 AM
This should be renamed the knee jerk thread...some utterly ridiculous posts on here. The usual lot are out in force with the negative posts I see...we were world beaters after winning last week...now we r a team of hopeless losers aparrently? I despair at this place sometimes...I also dispair at the fans who booed at FT yesterday...tho I suppose for many it was their 1st game of season right enough! !
Lets hope our players have a bit more fight in them than some on here or we really r goosed

3pm
19-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah I think that would be the most they would get!

Yin of them told me they'll get £3m for Sam Nicholson.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 11:43 AM
If we don't go up this season, I expect to lose a number of our top players in the summer but, assuming Sevco go up instead, we'll have by far the biggest budget in the league next season.

I would fully expect us to win the title quite easily next year.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Yin of them told me they'll get £3m for Sam Nicholson.

Did he have a bag of glue in his hand? [emoji1]

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 11:54 AM
If we don't go up this season, I expect to lose a number of our top players in the summer but, assuming Sevco go up instead, we'll have by far the biggest budget in the league next season.

I would fully expect us to win the title quite easily next year.

Even potentially with motherwell in the league?

GreenOnions
19-04-2015, 11:59 AM
I really feel that sometimes we are too quick to throw in the towel on this site.

Yesterday was a massive disappointment and we should be beating Falkirk. However - I still believe that if we win our last three league games we will finish second. That puts us in a good position to achieve our main aim of promotion.

Our record against the current top two teams in this league this season is four wins, two draws and two defeats. We tend to play better against teams who want to try to attack us so, if we end up playing Rangers in the play-offs, I don't see why we shouldn't go into such a game with confidence.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Even potentially with motherwell in the league?

Yep, if Motherwell get relegated they could potentially go bust.

lucky
19-04-2015, 12:13 PM
If scott Allen is sold then I hope we go for Sibbald from Falkirk. Yesterday was a disappointment but the SC is and always will be additional finance. If we don't go up we will be far and away the biggest club in the league subject to Rangers not being in the league.

The reaction off some on here is the usual OTT reaction to when Hibs lose.

bigwheel
19-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Yep, if Motherwell get relegated they could potentially go bust.

Don't agree, they have a very wealthy supportive backer...no real risk of this...

hibees 7062
19-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Told Potter during the week according to the Scotsman

Sorted :greengrin

hibees 7062
19-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Walker is going too 

Was he playing last week ?

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 12:19 PM

I honestly can't remember! If he did shows how much impact he made.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Don't agree, they have a very wealthy supportive backer...no real risk of this...

Regardless, even on a bad day our home attendances are double theirs and we will have much more spending power.

I can't see the likes of Stephen Pearson and Scott McDonald being there next season.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2015, 02:45 PM
If we go up perhaps you might be right, but todays result will cost us an awful lot of money. I'm struggling to see how we can take any positives out of that.

Going up THIS season is a must, if not just imagine what we will be spending on wages compared to now.

At least you got from Central to Mount Florida for nowt :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2015, 03:12 PM
At least you got from Central to Mount Florida for nowt :wink:

Was that you matey? :aok:

Bayern Bru
19-04-2015, 03:19 PM

Yes. Had their first real effort on goal (tip over from Oxley).

silverhibee
19-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Regardless, even on a bad day our home attendances are double theirs and we will have much more spending power.

I can't see the likes of Stephen Pearson and Scott McDonald being there next season.

Thought Pearson just signed a 2 year contract with Motherwell, doubt he will be going anywhere.

J-C
19-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Thought Pearson just signed a 2 year contract with Motherwell, doubt he will be going anywhere.

Unless he has a relegation clause written in.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 03:22 PM

So he has, didn't realise that.

I stand corrected.

jdships
19-04-2015, 03:29 PM
This should be renamed the knee jerk thread...some utterly ridiculous posts on here. The usual lot are out in force with the negative posts I see...we were world beaters after winning last week...now we r a team of hopeless losers aparrently? I despair at this place sometimes...I also dispair at the fans who booed at FT yesterday...tho I suppose for many it was their 1st game of season right enough! !
Lets hope our players have a bit more fight in them than some on here or we really r goosed

Good post re bthe negativity and booing !!
For weeks bits andpieces have been filtering out of E.m's re " new contracts"
The message is always the same
The senior players are waiting t see what leagus we will be playing in next season - that makes sense to me when it is your financial future is on the line here
managers do not make decisions on who to retain based on one match i.e a cup semil final , it is andn overall picture

Ronniekirk
19-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Something to do with a gypsy curse, I understand.

Am beginning to believe there is something in that right enough 😡

J-C
19-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Am beginning to believe there is something in that right enough 

Do you not have to pee in the 4 corners to get rid of it, pretty sue Barry Fry did this at Peterborough

Also did a lass not say she buried a Hearts scarf under the new East to bring us bad luck.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Do you not have to pee in the 4 corners to get rid of it, pretty sue Barry Fry did this at Peterborough

Also did a lass not say she buried a Hearts scarf under the new East to bring us bad luck.

Aye she did but what a load of nonsense. There is no curse! We just can't finish the job on the park. Nothing to do with buried scarfs and magic!

Go and piss in all 4 corners and see if it ends it then!

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Aye she did but what a load of nonsense. There is no curse! We just can't finish the job on the park. Nothing to do with buried scarfs and magic!

Over the years i have **** myself in all corners of the ground.

Saturday Boy
19-04-2015, 03:47 PM

I think the problem with lifting the curse, is that you have to pee in the corners of the centre circle. :wink:

J-C
19-04-2015, 04:36 PM

Even without a smiley I would've thought it was evident I was joking :confused:

The_Sauz
19-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I guess it takes a loser to know a loser :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I guess it takes a loser to know a loser :rolleyes:

Correct.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Walker is going too 😁

So all the Hearts lads caught singing in the pub, told to bolt?

number9dream
19-04-2015, 06:00 PM
If we lose a midfielder or two, or three, Nick Ross might be worth looking at.
Out of contract at Inverness CT - 23-years-old - and is a tidy player. I know he hoofed a good chance over the bar this afternoon but the winning goal came from his smart pass to Shinnie.
Left-back Holt from QOTS looks good but I expect others will be after him.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 06:03 PM

Looks that way! But Walker I think was always leaving and trying his luck elsewhere!

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Looks that way! But Walker I think was always leaving and trying his luck elsewhere!

Is he heading down south? Diving wee ******* but half decent player on his day

bingo70
19-04-2015, 06:44 PM

There was talk of real betis being after him.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 07:15 PM

So I'm told yeah! Couple teams been in touch from down south.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Think about it for a minute. Fontaine, fyvie ans Allan all going to hearts? You'd put that in the highly unlikely to no chance bracket.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Think about it for a minute. Fontaine, fyvie ans Allan all going to hearts? You'd put that in the highly unlikely to no chance bracket.

I can't see any of them going there!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2015, 07:30 PM
So I'm told yeah! Couple teams been in touch from down south.

Birmingham are one of many clubs down there sniffing about Walker. Decent player on his day but as someone said, diving ****.

Love the Green
19-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Well lets hope its a team with soild back 4, a midfielfd that has pace, skill, and willing to shoot, add to that a real striker or 2 becaus e the shirte we are putting on the parck is a joke.We watch a team like inverness beat celtic despite having less than half the average gates we have and have much better players. Where is all the money the club generates going to? Why have we poorer teams and players than teams with much less revenue generated than us namely Motherwell, Both Saints, Ross county Hamilton Kilmarnock.ADD to that a further 7 teams in the league we are in now.

3pm
19-04-2015, 07:46 PM
I can't see any of them going there!

You heard anything about Fontaine mate?

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 07:47 PM
You heard anything about Fontaine mate?

Nothing about Fontaine mate. Last I'd heard he wants to head south but that was back in Jan. no idea if things have changed. Will try find out this week though.

3pm
19-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Nothing about Fontaine mate. Last I'd heard he wants to head south but that was back in Jan. no idea if things have changed. Will try find out this week though.

Would be superb if he signed on again.

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 07:50 PM
I'd make him captain myself! He's a very good defender mate. I know he's enjoying Edinburgh and only way he'd head down is if family doesn't want to move here.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2015, 07:58 PM
I'd make him captain myself! He's a very good defender mate. I know he's enjoying Edinburgh and only way he'd head down is if family doesn't want to move here.

Think he'll be wanting at least a 2/3 year deal though, to move his family North, that might be the sticking point

Thecat23
19-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Think he'll be wanting at least a 2/3 year deal though, to move his family North, that might be the sticking point

Your spot on!

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 08:00 PM

I'd give a 2/3 year deal.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2015, 08:02 PM

Not many 28/29 year olds get 3 year deals

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Not many 28/29 year olds get 3 year deals

Nelson?

Heisenberg
19-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Nelson?

Probably the worst decision ever made in the history of Hibernian Football club.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=Heisenberg;4353605]Probably the worst decision ever made in the history of Hibernian Football club.[/QUOTE

The decision not to sack Fenlon after the cup final was worse.

Saturday Boy
19-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Probably the worst decision ever made in the history of Hibernian Football club.

I would have thought giving Zibi a new contract was worse.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2015, 08:33 PM

Whats this? Must've missed that one.

HoboHarry
19-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Bit of a silly statement right there.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 08:43 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/video-hearts-players-join-party-5386397

Heisenberg
19-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Bit of a silly statement right there.

Ok i might have taken it a touch too far. Still a pretty terrible decision though.

Hibeesmad
19-04-2015, 10:27 PM

Id happily give him a 5 year deal and make captain

cleanyman
19-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Cambridge have been scouting Fontaine.

Liam Craig has been contacted by Falkirk

Smartie
19-04-2015, 11:09 PM

The various events that led to Gordon Strachan, John Robertson and David Platt nearly but not quite play for the cabbage would surely have to be worse?

silverhibee
19-04-2015, 11:45 PM

They should have been charged with bringing the game in to disrepute by the compliance officer, just like Griffiths was.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2015, 12:15 AM
They should have been charged with bringing the game in to disrepute by the compliance officer, just like Griffiths was.

You're not wrong silver.

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2015, 03:16 PM
If we lose a midfielder or two, or three, Nick Ross might be worth looking at.
Out of contract at Inverness CT - 23-years-old - and is a tidy player. I know he hoofed a good chance over the bar this afternoon but the winning goal came from his smart pass to Shinnie.
Left-back Holt from QOTS looks good but I expect others will be after him.

I like the look of Danny Carmichael at Queens. But you would expect some of these players to be hoping to make their next move one to the top league.

AlbertK86
20-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Also whilst I like Stevenson, his lack of height has caused us much grief this season - most goal kicks are aimed down his side. Not a single player today apart from Allan showed that they have the change of pace, skill and guts to take a player on. Everybody else that did got outpaced, outmuscled, or they simply didn't try instead they took multiple poor touches (almost losing ball) or passed it sideways. on that note, we are likely to lose Allan (hopefully get close to 1 million for him because he is good enough to play at high level). The rest can clear off for all I care. Some part of me wished Malonga, Djedje, and the like hadn't been given 2 year contracts... We need to start playing some of our youngsters. We need to bring in young ambitious players.

Your living up to your name with some of your ultra negative posts .... Especially if you think we will get nearly a million for Allan !

Yep he's been fantastic but we won't get anywhere near that

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Allan just been on STV news saying he is going nowhere in summer whether we go up or not...says he wants to repay faith shown in him by both Hibs and Stubbsy

IanM
21-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Everyone signs up to HSL we'll keep our players or at least be able to offer them a new contract