PDA

View Full Version : Houston on Stubbs post match comments

3pm
18-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Some fair points IMO.

3pm
18-04-2015, 03:49 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9811496/peter-houston-riled-by-alan-stubbs-claim-after-falkirk-beat-hibs

green day
18-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Houston is a jambo tube.......but I think his points are fair.

You dont win games on possession, style etc and we need to put the flipping laces through it at times.

However, quite amusing that Houston is getting his knickers in a twist!!

Mikey09
18-04-2015, 03:57 PM
That muppet telling Stubbs how to do his job?!!! Aye ok Peter.... Yeah your team won today but the way they went about it was BRUTAL!! Didn't even try and attack. Eye bleeding stuff. Enjoy today as Celtic or ICT will take half a dozen off you.

Bishop Hibee
18-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Houston is a Hertz clown. Why is he even bothering about Stubbs! They'll get pumped in the final.

The Green Goblin
18-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Houston has a point about their results against us this season. Losing our last five to them is not bad luck, or coincidence or 5 x "one of those days". Our inability to kill off games we have dominated and "deserved to win" has cost us very heavily this season.

B.H.F.C
18-04-2015, 04:05 PM
That muppet telling Stubbs how to do his job?!!! Aye ok Peter.... Yeah your team won today but the way they went about it was BRUTAL!! Didn't even try and attack. Eye bleeding stuff. Enjoy today as Celtic or ICT will take half a dozen off you.

I wish Hibs had been brutal and won to be fair.

Heisenberg
18-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Houston is correct. We can't deal with crosses into the box. Robertsons effort to stop the ball actually going in was terrible as well.

The Green Goblin
18-04-2015, 04:07 PM

But they won and that's all that matters. That was the objective of playing the game. Eye bleeding or not, they are in the final, and we are not, so what does the way in which they did it matter?

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Don't care what that freak has to say he's not the manager of Hibs and maybe we can't cope with crosses but I doubt that he could cope with a punch in the face from stubbs...

The Green Goblin
18-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I wish Hibs had been brutal and won to be fair.

Yup. :agree:

Jim44
18-04-2015, 04:12 PM
To be honest, if we ever win the cup and do so with our only chance of the game, having played really badly, I will be delighted. Also, if we had had dominance in league results over the same team, I would feel completely vindicated no matter how well or badly we played. Results are everything and whether we like it or not, Falkirk own us this season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Unless the rules have changed, if you score more goals than your opponents then you win. Anything else is like when you got an exam question wrong, but still got some marks for your working out. Football in not like that.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Houston is correct. We can't deal with crosses into the box. Robertsons effort to stop the ball actually going in was terrible as well.

This. I detest Houston but I can't argue with his comments - he's 100% right.

God Petrie
18-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Houston is the Dundee Utd manager who oversaw skacels 51 shirt. A **** at all costs with no morality. Let's hope Celtic out 7 past his shower of no marks. Luck won't strike twice.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Once is a chance, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.

Biggie
18-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Houston is a jambo cock.....how embarrassing though that they own us this season......we can have as much possession as we want, if we can't score when we create chances we'll be on the end of more results like this from so called wee teams...

Turkish Green
18-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Allegiances aside, Houston's comments were spot on.

According to AS, Falkirk have been lucky in every game Hibs have played against them this season.

"To lose one game may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose all games looks like carelessness."

Gordy M
18-04-2015, 04:42 PM

According to AS, Falkirk have been lucky in every game Hibs have played against them this season.

"To lose one game may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose all games looks like carelessness."
Im sorry mate, but i agree with AS. As i said on another thread there is no way that houston sets his team out saying 'guys they will get 12-20 chances, hit the woodwork, miss golden opportunities, but we will get one attack and score'!! Im sorry i dont believe thats how he plans the games to go. Huge fortune on falkirks part.

givescotlandfreedom
18-04-2015, 04:53 PM
It wasn't thanks to Houston that we had a shot hit the post, the bar and the referee dispossessed us twice on the break. They rode their luck and got away with it.

SteveHFC
18-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Houston is spot on tbf.

Waxy
18-04-2015, 05:01 PM
We'll win the SPL title before we win the Scottish cup.

greenlex
18-04-2015, 05:04 PM
I bet we beat them up there in a fortnight. They've had their luck.

hibees 7062
18-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Eh ?

BroxburnHibee
18-04-2015, 05:15 PM

That's the Hibs way.

AndyM_1875
18-04-2015, 05:56 PM

Bang on.

How to hurt Hibs, fling crosses into the box & soak up their pressure. Falkirk & QoS have done that to us. Rangers & Hearts have been generally too thick to realise it.

HibsNutter
18-04-2015, 06:02 PM
We've been 'unlucky' almost every time we've played them or Falkirk this season, who we will probably face in the first round of the play offs, not good enough.

buktapurple79
18-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Houston is the Dundee Utd manager who oversaw skacels 51 shirt. A **** at all costs with no morality. Let's hope Celtic out 7 past his shower of no marks. Luck won't strike twice.

This, in spades. Can't stand him.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:18 PM
As a coach he should be concerned that there is a big gap in the league table...get it up you Houston you sour dogs dinner

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 06:50 PM

:agree: said it to my wife earlier. We'll win comfortably, maybe by as many as 3.

ManBearPig
18-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Am I the only one who feels we WERE unlucky and evey media and friend I've spoken to feels the same. FPH

JimBHibees
18-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Am I the only one who feels we WERE unlucky and evey media and friend I've spoken to feels the same. FPH

No we were the far better team especially second half. Houston parked the bus and they got a break, well done Jose Houston you classless knob you can't even win with class.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Maybe Houston is also fed up hearing about games we should have won but failed to? :confused:

Baader
18-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Just another knob end bit time manager with an axe to grind against Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Houston can GTF ...... Falkirk can get results against us by playing their negative borefest football and good luck to them, but Stubbs is right only one team deserved to win today and it wasn't Falkirk. Make one chance in the midst of 90 minutes of doing sod all but packing your defence and breaking up play and win ... good luck to you. But don't pretend you have the right to pontificate to the manager of a better team about how they should be playing ya Yam asshole !!!

gillythehibby
18-04-2015, 07:41 PM

Nope. Bang on. We were unlucky not to win today. Infact on another day we would have won by 4. Every reporter has asked stubbs the same thing. "Can you believe your team didn't win that game today?" Why? because there was only one team who deserved to win and that was not Falkirk that's why !. Simple as ! Some people cannot take the truth. I don't mind Houston but he should just be happy his team managed to get to the final. hey ho. We move forward. Keep telling the truth Stubbsy. :flag:

gillythehibby
18-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Houston can GTF ...... Falkirk can get results against us by playing their negative borefest football and good luck to them, but Stubbs is right only one team deserved to win today and it wasn't Falkirk. Make one chance in the midst of 90 minutes of doing sod all but packing your defence and breaking up play and win ... good luck to you. But don't pretend you have the right to pontificate to the manager of a better team about how they should be playing ya Yam asshole !!!

:aok:

Not In The Know
18-04-2015, 07:55 PM
So true. Teams know we are weak at cross balls into our box. Houston pretty much gave away every ones game plan there in a fit of frustration/ annoyance.

Not In The Know
18-04-2015, 07:58 PM
:aok:
Fair comment. But bottom line they have owned us in the second teir of Scottish football. (He is a Jambo twat that's what makes it worse)

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Jambo tube, cock, dick, fud, erse, ****, self pleasurer or otherwise he makes a decent point or 2 in that interview.

ScottM1875
18-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Everyone seems to be going on about how they won the game because of their 'non-football' tactic and parking the bus, but let's be honest, they didn't even do that very well. We broke them down countless times and there's 1 reason why we didn't win today. And that was we were simply extremely unlucky infront of goal.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2015, 08:05 PM
****ing dinosaur

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Everyone seems to be going on about how they won the game because of their 'non-football' tactic and parking the bus, but let's be honest, they didn't even do that very well. We broke them down countless times and there's 1 reason why we didn't win today. And that was we were simply extremely unlucky infront of goal.

We've been extremely unlucky in front of goal in 8 or 9 games this season.

It probably runs a bit deeper than simply bad luck.

Leithenhibby
18-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Im sorry mate, but i agree with AS. As i said on another thread there is no way that houston sets his team out saying 'guys they will get 12-20 chances, hit the woodwork, miss golden opportunities, but we will get one attack and score'!! Im sorry i dont believe thats how he plans the games to go. Huge fortune on falkirks part.

:agree: 100%

I just hope it comes down the us having to win in Falkirk and mother luck shines......... For a change.

ian omand
18-04-2015, 08:08 PM

Exactly,Houston is spot on, we lost because we cannot defend crosses, our coaching team have failed to address this so we lost.
Don't blame Falkirk for our failings, no point beating seven players six times in a row if the final ball is
Ineffective.

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Stubbs is asked for his thoughts on the game and tells the truth. Big deal. I listened to those couple of planks Cowan and Cosgrove ripping into him in their crummy phone in show and It really takes the biscuit.

Jonnyboy
18-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Stubbs is asked for his thoughts on the game and tells the truth. Big deal. I listened to those couple of planks Cowan and Cosgrove ripping into him in their crummy phone in show and It really takes the biscuit.

Cosgrove kept saying Hibs capitulated. I thought he was the bright one of the two. Needs to check his dictionary for a definition of that word

gillythehibby
18-04-2015, 08:18 PM

Wouldny listen to those 2 phannies. What exactly did they say or try and make a programme out?

J-C
18-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Can't really argue with him, the record agaist us says it all, Myabe Stubbs needs to grab them all and drum it into them that pretty football is all good and well but for ****s sake gae the baw some wellie now and then and stop trying to pass it into the net.

hibee-boys
18-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Exactly,Houston is spot on, we lost because we cannot defend crosses, our coaching team have failed to address this so we lost.
Don't blame Falkirk for our failings, no point beating seven players six times in a row if the final ball is
Ineffective.

Exactly, give me a cutting edge over 20 sideways passes any day.

Purple & Green
18-04-2015, 08:21 PM
I think I must be mixing up marginal gains with luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
18-04-2015, 08:22 PM
If we can win on Wed and Sat he might just motivate us!

Swedish hibee
18-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Ray Charles could see who deserved to win BUT they got the goal in the net and have won... we didn't. And as for starting on Alan Stubbs- it's exactly what I expect from a maroon mutant trying to rub our face in it. Hope Stubbs knocks him out on 2nd May.

Benny Brazil
18-04-2015, 08:27 PM
He is just yet another classless Yam twat.
Am I right in thinking they cant / wont make the playoffs? If so our final league match might be a lot easier - they will either rest players or they wont be wanting to get injured.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Can't really argue with him, the record agaist us says it all, Myabe Stubbs needs to grab them all and drum it into them that pretty football is all good and well but for ****s sake gae the baw some wellie now and then and stop trying to pass it into the net.

Houston should note that we are higher in the league than they are so he needs to wrap up and stop being so sour

FranckSuzy
18-04-2015, 08:33 PM
It wasn't thanks to Houston that we had a shot hit the post, the bar and the referee dispossessed us twice on the break. They rode their luck and got away with it.

That was unreal! :grr:

magnificent_seven
18-04-2015, 08:38 PM
**** Falkirk And **** that prat houston. His team were absolute crap today. We were despartly unlucky. Hope his team get pumped in the final. Total erse of the highest order and a dreadful coach to boot. Enjoy your moment pal, hibs will be back. Your "team"s luck will run out in the end. Awful team, awful support. Don't deserve to be in the final

Hannah_hfc
18-04-2015, 08:41 PM
100% agree with this

Expecting Rain
18-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Would rather have Stubbs as a manager over Houston any day. AS is a key part of our continuing progress.

J-C
18-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Houston should note that we are higher in the league than they are so he needs to wrap up and stop being so sour

He was pointing out that Stubbs keeps saying we are the better team, yet he's beat us 3 times, can't argue with that, he's seen a weakness and exploited it, still think he's a welt tho.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 09:33 PM
He was pointing out that Stubbs keeps saying we are the better team, yet he's beat us 3 times, can't argue with that, he's seen a weakness and exploited it, still think he's a welt tho.

Roll on May the 2nd just so we can show that classless nobody what we are all about those words are going to be swallowed and Peter will have to face shaking the better mans hand at Full time Stubbsy!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-04-2015, 12:45 AM
He's been ****ing ridiculously lucky 4 times this season. Sorry but there's no tactics involved in getting battered 4 times and somhow winning. Poor from Stubbs to not be able to suss his pish tactics out yet though

Steve20
19-04-2015, 02:01 AM
Sorry but this 'unlucky' nonsense is just another poor excuse.

Our results against Falkirk, QOS and Raith have been abysmal and there comes a time when to accept that it's not luck and simply due to the fact that we are not good enough.

HappyAsHellas
19-04-2015, 02:04 AM

No he hasn't - unless in the first game he planned on us having more than 20 attempts on goal and not scoring. They won a game with a wonder strike in the 93rd minute which I'm sure was not part of his pre match planning. And again at ER they got a flukey own goal to assist them in the way to a draw - did he plan that as well? His entire footballing foresight is summed up with a statement about someone getting a cross in and someone scoring - what an insight, I don't think I've ever heard of that before!
Yam fuddery at it's highest echelon - where is this footballing giant's team in our league again..........?

Pete
19-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Sorry but this 'unlucky' nonsense is just another poor excuse.

Our results against Falkirk, QOS and Raith have been abysmal and there comes a time when to accept that it's not luck and simply due to the fact that we are not good enough.

We are above these teams though.

look at individual games and judge each one. Yesterday we were unlucky.

We hear the square root of **** all from you when we are winning and now we have lost we are once again getting your constant, depressing and damning pearls of wisdom. It's akin to trolling of the highest order.

Ryan69
19-04-2015, 03:09 AM
That's the Hibs way.

PH being such an idiot....Will hopefully inspire us to put them to the sword!

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-04-2015, 05:35 AM

I always laugh when a football hits the ref and people moan at the ref. it's not the refs fault just a bad pass by the player.

hibbydog
19-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Shows a lack of class from both managers imo.

Stubbsy should have kept his emotions in check, and whilst we were clearly the better team and Falkirk rode their luck, he should have acknowledged their work rate and clinically finishing the one chance they did create.

Peter Houston was right to stick up for his team but could have done it without criticising hibs.

Shows the value of taking time to think before opening yer gob!!

Carheenlea
19-04-2015, 06:45 AM
It`s managers like Peter Houston and his eye bleeding "football" that are chasing people away from attending games.

Lee Marvin
19-04-2015, 06:56 AM
Houston has very valid points I'm afraid

JimBHibees
19-04-2015, 07:24 AM
We've been extremely unlucky in front of goal in 8 or 9 games this season.

It probably runs a bit deeper than simply bad luck.

I always laugh when a football hits the ref and people moan at the ref. it's not the refs fault just a bad pass by the player.

How were they bad passes they were going straight to Hibs players. The clown should get out the way.

Stokesy's on fire
19-04-2015, 07:26 AM
PH being such an idiot....Will hopefully inspire us to put them to the sword!

This is how I see it he will pay for those comments

Canon Hannan
19-04-2015, 07:36 AM
It`s managers like Peter Houston and his eye bleeding "football" that are chasing people away from attending games.

And if he realised Hibs struggled with crosses , why did he not focus on this?

JimBHibees
19-04-2015, 07:40 AM
And if he realised Hibs struggled with crosses , why did he not focus on this?

Yep it was that much a weakness they did it once. He was getting praised for his sub at half time yet the second half Hibs completely bossed it. Given we had 3 centre half the positioning for the goal was poor in that it seemed all 3 were outside the width of the goals.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-04-2015, 08:38 AM
How were they bad passes they were going straight to Hibs players. The clown should get out the way.

My recollection of the 2nd one was that the ball was blasted right at the ref. Hitting the ref with the ball is no different to hitting an opposing player with it.

JimBHibees
19-04-2015, 08:43 AM
My recollection of the 2nd one was that the ball was blasted right at the ref. Hitting the ref with the ball is no different to hitting an opposing player with it.

The ball travelled ten yards he should have got out the way of the ball and a potential pass.

So now players need to not only take into account the positions of opposition players but the ref also. :greengrin

Lago
19-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Houston has very valid points I'm afraid
Correct, how many times have read on hear that Hibs can't defend crosses into their box. Seems it's ok for us to say it but not opponents.

J-C
19-04-2015, 11:07 AM

The ref was both times around 5 yards away from play, a ref should never be so close to play to interfere with it, a good ref will be 15-20 yards away.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Exactly, give me a cutting edge over 20 sideways passes any day.

That is a failing that could have been attributed to Pat Fenlon's teams. Hibs sideways passing these days usually results in a ball into the box, the fact that we don't convert the umpteen chances we tend to make during games is something we need to address for sure, but it has little to do with the style of football.

chrisski33
19-04-2015, 11:27 AM
sadly houston is right tbh. hes still a baldy smelly tramp though!

ancient hibee
19-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Correct, how many times have read on hear that Hibs can't defend crosses into their box. Seems it's ok for us to say it but not opponents.

It's not the defending of the crosses that's bad it's the way we don't make it difficult for the guy crossing.Yesterday our crossing was very poor(more like lobs really)partly because their players were right on top of the crosser making it difficult.

Hibiza
19-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Houston is a TEAT. if he was chocolate he'd eat himself. :blah:

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Houston is a TEAT. if he was chocolate he'd eat himself. :blah:

He does believe his own press like. He's just said on tv that the Final will be an open game and that. Obviously planning on completely over turning his own beliefs.

green day
19-04-2015, 02:04 PM
He does believe his own press like. He's just said on tv that the Final will be an open game and that. Obviously planning on completely over turning his own beliefs.

Yep, 100% agree - although I hope he does open it up, it would be carnage !

greenpaper55
20-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Houston set his team out to defend from the first minute and hope that they got a goal on the break but it made for a forgettable spectacle. He can shout his mouth off all he wants but his team are not getting promoted this season, by the way is Houston Victor Meldrews double or what ?.

green day
20-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Been having a wee twitter spat with twat Ewan Murray. These erses have the gall to call themselves journos but he is just a (hearts) fan with a typewriter and couldnt wait to slate Stubbs over this.

Any other manager would be excused his comments as heat of the moment, but Stubbs gets pounded. I hate the press.

matty_f
20-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Been having a wee twitter spat with twat Ewan Murray. These erses have the gall to call themselves journos but he is just a (hearts) fan with a typewriter and couldnt wait to slate Stubbs over this.

Any other manager would be excused his comments as heat of the moment, but Stubbs gets pounded. I hate the press.
He's a complete bell end. Best ignored.

green day
20-04-2015, 05:15 PM
He's a complete bell end. Best ignored.

I agree, but the tit has a huge twitter following (mostly covering golf).......but as a journo, his opinion carries weight.

hibees 7062
20-04-2015, 05:20 PM
FORMER Dundee United midfielder Scott Allan has revealed he decided to quit Tannadice after Peter Houston had threatened to make him “disappear from the face of the earth”.

Says it all about him :jamboclow

bigwheel
20-04-2015, 05:22 PM
I agree, but the tit has a huge twitter following (mostly covering golf).......but as a journo, his opinion carries weight.

he is so anti Hibs - always negative and actually at times (on twitter) quite hateful about us....very immature - and definitely best ignored...

Broken Gnome
20-04-2015, 05:53 PM
he is so anti Hibs - always negative and actually at times (on twitter) quite hateful about us....very immature - and definitely best ignored...

It's all an act no? Attention seeking wind-up merchant?

Surely?

He's a bloody good one mind you. Though half his Saturday afternoon posts on Scottish football seem like they'be been sent from inside whatever pub he's in before watching Hearts.

bigwheel
20-04-2015, 06:04 PM
It's all an act no? Attention seeking wind-up merchant?

Surely?

He's a bloody good one mind you. Though half his Saturday afternoon posts on Scottish football seem like they'be been sent from inside whatever pub he's in before watching Hearts.

No, I think he is actually that much a numskull...

Ozyhibby
20-04-2015, 06:09 PM

You having a Twitter spat with him would have made his day. He lives to troll.

green day
20-04-2015, 06:18 PM
You having a Twitter spat with him would have made his day. He lives to troll.

Aye, you are probably right, and I am just sore after the weekend and bit.

Must resolve to ignore in future!

Lee
20-04-2015, 06:23 PM

Disagree completely - ref was too close to play on a number of occasions on Saturday and that's why he got in the way of the ball twice. Don't need to be that close to play to be a good ref.

Didn't help, but it wasn't the reason we lost in the end anyway tbh