PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Don Giovanni
18-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Oxley - 6 Had very little to do. Not much he could do about the goal.

Forster - 7 Sold short by Robertson for his booking but otherwise solid.

Hanlon - 6 Some good moments, some poor. Summed up by his fantastic tackle to prevent Biabi being clean through on goal but positioning suspect in the same incident.

Fontaine - 6 Largely untroubled although I've seen him have better games.

Stevenson - 5 Not up to his usual standard. Plenty of work-rate as always but gave the ball away a number of times.

McGeouch - 6 Clearly has quality but most effective in possession / going forward. Stuck to his task but not a right wing-back, as was exposed when "challenging" for the goal - Sibbald wanted it more.

Robertson - 3 Poor first touch. Poor pass to Forster for his booking early in the game. Poor effort to cut out the cross for the Falkirk goal (Alston has caused us problems in previous games but he hit the bye-line far too easily). Just simply not good enough.

Fyvie 7 - Industrious. Wins the ball back well. Almost always finds a Hibs jersey. (Robertson take note). Good strike tipped onto the post.

Allan - 9 Class act and a cut above the rest. 20 minute spell in the second half were he tried to drag Hibs single-handedly into the final - and unfortunate not to have done so. Was at the heart of almost all of our good work. (Love watching this guy play football but think he's too good to spend another year in the Championship?) Easily Hibs MOTM.

Cummings - 4 Done very little. Tried to stretch Falkirk first half. Can't really recall a contribution in the second or working the keeper at all. Poor ball control at times.

El Alagui 7 - Got himself into some good positions (including when he was incorrectly called off-side). Hold up play and aerial ability not quite as good as last week. Unlucky not to score with first half chance.

Djedje - 4 Anonymous

Malonga - No time to make an impact.

Stubbs 5 - In many ways it was a pretty good performance. We tried to stretch Falkirk by going wide, which makes sense on a big Hampdump pitch. However, a thin squad was exposed by playing McGeouch at right wing-back. Thats where the game was won and lost I'm afraid. His record is 0-1-3 against Falkirk which isn't good enough, frankly.

As much as I hate to say it... Jamie McDonald's deserves a mention. Couple great saves (alert from the Mccracken / El Alagui chance, fantastic save from Fyvie, possibly got a touch on the Allan chance as well) and looked decent at cross balls. Falkirks MOTM.

We have to take a good opportunity to bounce back quickly in midweek or we'll be in danger of allowing the season to simply fizzel out. We must start converting our chances and I hope we take our frustrations out against Livingston.

Fergus52
18-04-2015, 03:58 PM

Hanlon - 6 Some good moments, some poor. Summed up by his fantastic tackle to prevent Biabi being clean through on goal but positioning suspect in the same incident.

Stevenson - 5 Not up to his usual standard. Plenty of work-rate as always but gave the ball away a number of times.

McGeouch - 6 Clearly has quality but most effective in possession / going forward. Stuck to his task but not a right wing-back, as was exposed when "challenging" for the goal - Sibbald wanted it more.

Robertson - 3 Poor first touch. Poor pass to Forster for his booking early in the game. Poor effort to cut out the cross for the Falkirk goal (Alston has caused us problems in previous games but he hit the bye-line far too easily). Just simply not good enough.

Fyvie 7 - Industrious. Wins the ball back well. Almost always finds a Hibs jersey. (Robertson take note). Good strike tipped onto the post.

Allan - 9 Class act and a cut above the rest. 20 minute spell in the second half were he tried to drag Hibs single-handedly into the final - and unfortunate not to have done so. Was at the heart of almost all of our good work. (Love watching this guy play football but think he's too good to spend another year in the Championship?) Easily Hibs MOTM.

Cummings - 4 Done very little. Tried to stretch Falkirk first half. Can't really recall a contribution in the second or working the keeper at all. Poor ball control at times.

El Alagui 7 - Got himself into some good positions (including when he was incorrectly called off-side). Hold up play and aerial ability not quite as good as last week. Unlucky not to score with first half chance.

Djedje - 4 Anonymous

Stubbs 5 - In many ways it was a pretty good performance. We tried to stretch Falkirk by going wide, which makes sense on a big Hampdump pitch. However, a thin squad was exposed by playing McGeouch at right wing-back. Thats where the game was won and lost I'm afraid. His record is 0-1-3 against Falkirk which isn't good enough, frankly.

As much as I hate to say it... Jamie McDonald's deserves a mention. Couple great saves (alert from the Mccracken / El Alagui chance, fantastic save from Fyvie, possibly got a touch on the Allan chance as well) and looked decent at cross balls. Falkirks MOTM.

We have to take a good opportunity to bounce back quickly in midweek or we'll be in danger of allowing the season to simply fizzel out. We must start converting our chances and I hope we take our frustrations out against Livingston.

Agree with that pretty much, would probably have Farid as a 5 or 6 though

Unseen work
18-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Don't think farid had a good game at all, gave away a lot of fouls and had about 5 half decent chances that on another day he would score

Onceinawhile
18-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Don't think farid had a good game at all, gave away a lot of fouls and had about 5 half decent chances that on another day he would score

He was badword shocking. Barely won a header, constantly offside and must have conceded 6/7 fouls. Missed good chances too.

18-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Farid getting a 7 is a bit generous IMO, didn't seem to be at the races at all today.

Turkish Green
18-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Djedje - 4 Anonymous

Pretty much agree with these ratings, although El Alagui may warrant a 7 for his positional play but only a 3 for his chances at goal. Him and Cummings were **** shocking.

Dubai
18-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Oxley - keep
Stevenson - no idea where the love in comes from
Hanlon - instrumental in relegation
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Allan - keep ( overrated)
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Cummings - big chance world tv looking on blew it
Al agui - keep
All about opinions thats mine

Brightside
18-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

. We were relegated because Hanlon was injured.

hibsbollah
18-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Oxley 6

Forster 6
Hanlon 6
Fontaine 6

Stevenson 6
McGeough 6
Allan 8 everything flows through him. Which makes us predictable.
Robertson 6

Cummings 4 really poor.
El Alagui 4 Bullied and harassed his defenders well. But forgot about his main job, and those chances were gilt edged.

Dubai
18-04-2015, 05:52 PM
. We were relegated because Hanlon was injured.

Bollox

Oranje39
18-04-2015, 06:33 PM
No player deserved more than a 7 today. Farid was more of a 5 for me.

Just because Allan has a lot of the ball doesn't me he had a good game. Too much goes through him.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

Keep Oxley yet let Stevenson go 😂

Allan overrated aye? Miles ahead of the rest! You need to lay off the drink or start paying attention at games!

Oranje39
18-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I believe Allan is overrated by some, as if he was as good as some people say on here we would be in the final.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 06:52 PM

Hanlon - 6 Some good moments, some poor. Summed up by his fantastic tackle to prevent Byiabi being clean through on goal but positioning suspect in the same incident.

Djedje - 4 Anonymous

Imo Oxley is a fault for the goal! He should be coming to collect that cross and if not he has to make the save as the Falkirk player coming in is only ever going to head that ball in one direction. Very poor goalkeeping for me!!

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 06:57 PM
I believe Allan is overrated by some, as if he was as good as some people say on here we would be in the final.

Why? He's not Messi FFS. He can't win the game alone! Maybe if others were on the same page as him we would be! Anyone played at any level will know he's different class!

bookert
18-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep
Do you Hanlon was injured and never played in the final games last year, and you would keep Robertson based on today,

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

Bye bye dubai. Off you trot to kickback now sonny. :bye: :lolyam: :kbacker:

thebakerboy
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

Oxley not sure maybe we should have signed the man at the other end
Stevenson the wee man works his socks off and has been very good all year , but not great today , can't be great all the time.
Hanlon was not instrumental in relegation as he was injured for long period , was out of position once today , at goal.
Fontaine yes we need to keep him but not his best today , also out of position for goal.
Forster a good young centre back and has been excellent last 2 games
Fyvie Sign him up long term
Allan not over rated excellent player , we are lucky to have him and given a settled period in his life think he will blossom into a superb player
Robertson wasn't great today but plays with his heart and is first player to go to the fans.
McGeouch Love the fact that his first move is always forward but is not a right wing back.
Cummings Young player , been off the boil a bit lately and needs to stop being quite so greedy.
El Elagui Don't get the love in with Farid , team has stopped scoring since he came back , don't know what Dom has done to be dropped , and Franck has not really had a chance yet.

All about opinions yes.

Hermit Crab
Do you Hanlon was injured and never played in the final games last year, and you would keep Robertson based on today,

Forget him, he's been put in the dusty!

Bronson
18-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

It's not even discreet, I can smell the stale stench of jambo pish through the computer screen:faf:

scoopyboy
18-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Why? He's not Messi FFS. He can't win the game alone! Maybe if others were on the same page as him we would be! Anyone played at any level will know he's different class!

A lot of the time I wish he wouldn't bother passing when on a run, he is capable of running right through the f***ing lot and scoring himself.

A great player.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 07:18 PM
A lot of the time I wish he wouldn't bother passing when on a run, he is capable of running right through the f***ing lot and scoring himself.

A great player.

That's true mate, he prob could stroll through and score with ease.

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

Allan overrated? Give me strength. We will not have him next year and you will see the difference. Guys like him don't come along very often.

snooky
18-04-2015, 07:52 PM

A great player.

Turns on a tanner and has a great change of pace. Can pick out a great pass.
Best player we've had for a good few years.

J-C
18-04-2015, 08:48 PM

A great player.

Agree, needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck more often and just do it himself

Oxley....... even after a season I'm not convinsed, don't no why Cerny was signed as I thnk he's a better keeper

Forster....6 looked solid
Hanlon....as Forster
Fontaine....as Hanlon

McGeouch ....5 wasted out wide and constantly cutting inside made him out of position
Robertson.....3 pretty poor and a waste of a jersey today, maybe not fit enough but not doing his chances of a contract any good
Allan........8 best player on the pitch, his 20 min cameo in the 2nd half was immense
Fyvie .....6 worked hard but didn't dominate the midfield like he should've
Stevenson 4 Again poor like he was last week, final ball seems have deserted him and he lacks confidence to go past a man, looks out of sorts

Cummings......4 started off like a house on fire and quickly disappeared and did nowt for the reat of the game, still young and we'll get games like this, hot and cold
Alagui.....4 Looked knackered after 10 mins, 2 hard games in a row have come too quick for him after his injury.

Djedje and Malongo had not enough time

Stubbs....5 hasn't learnt from 4 games against Falkirk, still early in his management but needs to get up to speed asap

Benny Brazil
18-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Agree, needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck more often and just do it himself

Oxley....... even after a season I'm not convinsed, don't no why Cerny was signed as I thnk he's a better keeper

Forster....6 looked solid
Hanlon....as Forster
Fontaine....as Hanlon

McGeouch ....5 wasted out wide and constantly cutting inside made him out of position
Robertson.....3 pretty poor and a waste of a jersey today, maybe not fit enough but not doing his chances of a contract any good
Allan........8 best player on the pitch, his 20 min cameo in the 2nd half was immense
Fyvie .....6 worked hard but didn't dominate the midfield like he should've
Stevenson 4 Again poor like he was last week, final ball seems have deserted him and he lacks confidence to go past a man, looks out of sorts

Cummings......4 started off like a house on fire and quickly disappeared and did nowt for the reat of the game, still young and we'll get games like this, hot and cold
Alagui.....4 Looked knackered after 10 mins, 2 hard games in a row have come too quick for him after his injury.

Djedje and Malongo had not enough time

Stubbs....5 hasn't learnt from 4 games against Falkirk, still early in his management but needs to get up to speed asap

I agree with most of what you say JC - only part I would pick up on is the bit in bold - I dont think its a lack of confidence I just dont think he is quick enough or skilful enough to go round a player but agree his final ball in was shocking - but then you can say that about most of the attempted crosses we put in

Sergey
18-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I agree with most of what you say JC - only part I would pick up on is the bit in bold - I dont think its a lack of confidence I just dont think he is quick enough or skilful enough to go round a player but agree his final ball in was shocking - but then you can say that about most of the attempted crosses we put in

You can't be castigating young Lewis on this forum as he's above criticism :tsk tsk:

Far be it from me to say the the lad is guff.

Benny Brazil
18-04-2015, 09:24 PM
You can't be castigating young Lewis on this forum as he's above criticism :tsk tsk:

Far be it from me to say the the lad is guff.

:greengrin
Am prepared to take the flak for it - I wouldnt say he is guff - he is a decent but limited footballer imo.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Oxley - keep
Fontain - keep
Forster - keep
Fyvie - keep
Robertson - keep
Mcgeough - not fussed
Al agui - keep

Bills ........ Pay
Stand ...... Knock down
Maroon .... **** colour
Future ... 18,000 capacity athletics stadium near the airport
Odour..... Jamboid
Cup goals since 2012 .... none
Folk who think your a Hibby ... none
Class .... none

Oranje39
18-04-2015, 10:02 PM

I am suggesting that some people rate him so highly that if was in fact as good as some people rate him he could win a game himself. As the comments about him not passing and running round teams and scoring confirm.

Sergey
18-04-2015, 10:42 PM
:greengrin
Am prepared to take the flak for it - I wouldnt say he is guff - he is a decent but limited footballer imo.

Indeed.

When the ball fell to him at the back post and he went to volley it into the net for hero status and everlasting Lewis *****-fest memories - the fact that he couldn't connect 'ball to foot' and shinned it over the bar speaks volumes about the lads ability.

He honestly wouldn't get a game in a top flight RPL club.

Sorry to all concerned.

Nitten Hibee
18-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I am the only one that thinks we played well today??? On other day could/should have been 3/4 nil!!!

mmmmhibby
19-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Indeed.

When the ball fell to him at the back post and he went to volley it into the net for hero status and everlasting Lewis *****-fest memories - the fact that he couldn't connect 'ball to foot' and shinned it over the bar speaks volumes about the lads ability.

Sorry to all concerned.

Your brave, its almost like you cant condone LS anymore on here without getting a rollicking by his fan club. However I agree with your comments.

Allant1981
19-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Oxley - 6
Forster - 7
Hanlon - 7
Fontaine - 7
Stevenson - 6
Mcgeouch - 7
Robertson - 6
Fyvie - 6
Allan - 8.5
Cummings - 6
El alagui - 5

B.H.F.C
19-04-2015, 07:34 AM

A great player.

Nearly every chance we had yesterday Allan was involved somewhere along the line. My only criticism of him is the fact he has only scored two goals. As per your post, I think he should be more selfish and shoot more often.

eastender1
19-04-2015, 05:38 PM
No player deserved more than a 7 today. Farid was more of a 5 for me.

Just because Allan has a lot of the ball doesn't me he had a good game. Too much goes through him.

How can you criticize Allan cos too much of the play goes thru him? If too much of the play goes through him that's up to the rest of the team to step up. Or the manager possibly. But definitely not Allan's problem..

Jonnyboy
19-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Indeed.

Sorry to all concerned.

Why am I not surprised by this, I wonder?

On Saturday evening, I watched Ronaldo sky a similar chance to one you criticise Lewis for missing, so I guess Ronaldo might fail to make the grade in the RPL too

He's had two poor games in a row, allowing you and others to get on his back again. Where were you when he was turning in good performances?

bigwheel
19-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Indeed.

Sorry to all concerned.

Yes....his hundred's of games for Hibs suggest under many managers...the noted interest from Stuart McCall at Motherwell , for one, is clearly much less quality evidence of his capability level than your analysis...

Keep on banging on...

familyman
19-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Do we now bring Liam back in as Robertson is having another off form period it seems?I am not so sure on that but maybe a freshness even for one game will help.
The squad is indeed a bit thin and that will need addressed for 2015/6...injuries etc are part of it and need allowed for.

hibsbollah
19-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Indeed.

Sorry to all concerned.

Pathetic.

You disappear on threads like this when Lewis has a good game, and pop up with the childish 'I told you he was pish but his 'fan club':rolleyes: won't let me speak when he has a poor game' schtick. Any objective assessment of Hibs' season will show you that Lewis' overlapping in the wingback position has been one of the keys to our success. Yes, it's in a lower league. But he's delivering week in and week out.

as it is, your Lewis posts are going the same way as your 'Hearts are going under, I have inside knowledge' posts a while back. Flying in the face of reality.

Sergey
19-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Pathetic.

You disappear on threads like this when Lewis has a good game, and pop up with the childish 'I told you he was pish but his 'fan club':rolleyes: won't let me speak when he has a poor game' schtick. Any objective assessment of Hibs' season will show you that Lewis' overlapping in the wingback position has been one of the keys to our success. Yes, it's in a lower league. But he's delivering week in and week out.

as it is, your Lewis posts are going the same way as your 'Hearts are going under, I have inside knowledge' posts a while back. Flying in the face of reality.

Oh dear. Another one pipes up with blinkers on.

Let's be brutally honest about the chance Lewis squandered yesterday. The ball was floated up absolutely perfectly, he was completely unmarked about 9 yards out and he skewed it over the bar. I had the benefit of watching it in slo-mo at FT on Sky, and if the truth be known, the ball was closer to his knee than it was his foot. That was purely and simply a lack of skill and technique. FFS - he could probably have taken a touch and then got his shot away.

I'll go further, IMHO, if Lewis was provided that chance 10 times, he'd more likely than not miss with 8 of them.

That my friend is why he's plying his trade in the Scottish Championship, with clearly little or no chance of progressing his career as a footballer.

Let's just see where his career goes after Hibs as he really doesn't have an awful lot of positives to put on his CV.

lyonhibs
19-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Imo Oxley is a fault for the goal! He should be looking to collect that cross and if not he has to make the save as the Falkirk player coming in is only ever going to head that ball in one direction. Very poor goalkeeping for me!!

Lol. Totally ludicrous to blame Oxley for the goal. Half arsed defending on the wing and pish attempt at covering his man from McGeough are to blame.

malcolm
19-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Oh dear. Another one pipes up with blinkers

Clearly you don't have blinkers you've just got an opinion.....but far be it for me to say that it's, well a certain lady like in its application - that you are not one for turning. Someone else might also say a suitable prefix to that opinion might be 'self'.

I've not seen the game but i always find the Lewis dislikers to be a bit flat earthish seeking evidence to support that view of the world and denying or forgetting that which does not concur with that 2 dimensional dated view. I prefer to be open minded and informed by the evidence..:wink:

Bronson
20-04-2015, 12:12 AM
I like Stevenson, but it's hard to disagree with a lot of what Sergey is saying.

Technically he is very limited, he compensates with a lot of graft but in terms of end product he's miles off where he should be IMO.

The_Sauz
20-04-2015, 12:28 AM
Oxley not sure maybe we should have signed the man at the other end
Stevenson the wee man works his socks off and has been very good all year , but not great today , can't be great all the time.
Hanlon was not instrumental in relegation as he was injured for long period , was out of position once today , at goal.
Fontaine yes we need to keep him but not his best today , also out of position for goal.
Forster a good young centre back and has been excellent last 2 games
Fyvie Sign him up long term
Allan not over rated excellent player , we are lucky to have him and given a settled period in his life think he will blossom into a superb player
Robertson wasn't great today but plays with his heart and is first player to go to the fans.
McGeouch Love the fact that his first move is always forward but is not a right wing back.
Cummings Young player , been off the boil a bit lately and needs to stop being quite so greedy.
El Elagui Don't get the love in with Farid , team has stopped scoring since he came back , don't know what Dom has done to be dropped , and Franck has not really had a chance yet.

All about opinions yes.

He has started the last 3 games and has scored 1 goal & assisted JC goal against them ! Hibs have won 2 & lost one and scored 4 with 2 goals against :confused:

The_Sauz
20-04-2015, 12:50 AM
I like Stevenson, but it's hard to disagree with a lot of what Sergey is saying.

Technically he is very limited, he compensates with a lot of graft but in terms of end product he's miles off where he should be IMO.

You can't blame him for that, that comes down to coaching! John Collins rated him highly as a midfielder, yet he was played as a LB under Hughes/Calderwood/Fenlon/Butcher and only since Stubbs came in has he shown improvement, the same goes for Hanlon and Foster :agree:

J-C
20-04-2015, 06:33 AM
Having a go at Stevenson after saturday is OTT but it's always the usual suspects with their negative claptrap and p1sh.

I#m pretty sure Stevenson is near the top of the stats charts for assists this year and also chipped in with 2 of the best goals seen this season, he's had a couple of quiet weeks recently but he doesn't quite look the same player as earlier, I don't know if contract negotiations are dragging on and he's worried about them, I'm very surprised he's not been given at least another 2 years by the management.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Imo Oxley is a fault for the goal! He should be coming to collect that cross and if not he has to make the save as the Falkirk player coming in is only ever going to head that ball in one direction. Very poor goalkeeping for me!!Why did the ball get in the box? Who was marking the Falkirk player? Those questions should be answered before Oxley is even thought of.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Oh dear. Another one pipes up with blinkers on.

Let's be brutally honest about the chance Lewis squandered yesterday. The ball was floated up absolutely perfectly, he was completely unmarked about 9 yards out and he skewed it over the bar. I had the benefit of watching it in slo-mo at FT on Sky, and if the truth be known, the ball was closer to his knee than it was his foot. That was purely and simply a lack of skill and technique. FFS - he could probably have taken a touch and then got his shot away.

I'll go further, IMHO, if Lewis was provided that chance 10 times, he'd more likely than not miss with 8 of them.

That my friend is why he's plying his trade in the Scottish Championship, with clearly little or no chance of progressing his career as a footballer.

Let's just see where his career goes after Hibs as he really doesn't have an awful lot of positives to put on his CV.Except a cup winners medal, something which very few footballers can put on their CV.