PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Falkirk

SteveHFC
18-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Congrats to Falkirk. Worked their socks off and got what they wanted.

Good luck in the final 👍

Carheenlea
18-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Good luck with your anti-football in the final. Won't be watching.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 02:37 PM
**** them

Diddly wee team wi Nae fans..

Hope they get utterly horsed in the final and that bald welt Houston falls doon the stairs

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2015, 02:38 PM

Good luck in the final 

Yes, worked hard , closed players down rode their luck and committed endless niggly fouls to break play up . Well done indeed.

Gerard
18-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Well done Falkirk. I hope you play as well as you can in the Final of the Scottish Cup. I hope we will get 3 points when we play them in the League.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Typical Houston team.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Good luck to them yes but they will now need to learn how to play football. They wont get lucky twice like to did today

Baader
18-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Got the result but more a reflection on us than them. Would prefer them to win it over Celtic but that's not saying much!

SaulGoodman
18-04-2015, 02:47 PM
**** off Falkirk

jane_says
18-04-2015, 02:49 PM

Good luck in the final 👍

Absolutely rubbish football team, **** them. 1 chance, 1 goal. If Hibs could learn how to score when on top we'd have pumped them, and they'll get pumped in the final whoever they play.

If they had came and given us a game I'd congratulate them, but not for that.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Celtic or ICT will take 4 or 5 of them.

If they had beaten us a couple of years back playing the way they did in the 1st half I'd have happily congratulated them. Playing that eye bleeding stuff today? They can go **** themselves.

Stax
18-04-2015, 02:59 PM
F*** Falkirk, brutal team with a welt of a manager.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 03:00 PM

Spot on

Sir David Gray
18-04-2015, 03:01 PM
If they play like they did today against Celtic or Inverness, the result could be embarrassing.

There was only one team in that today and I can't quite believe we lost that.

hibeesjoe
18-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Falkirk won and we didnae. If we play like that in the play off then we will be playing them again in the championship. I know we can talk about how unlucky we are but it doesn't matter. If we played with Kane and Costa upfront today we would have pumped them.

Carheenlea
18-04-2015, 03:03 PM
A Falkirk v Inverness final would be one the whole country would get excited about.

Heisenberg
18-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I can't believe that team has beaten us so many times this season. They were horrendous today but scored the one chance that they made and that's all that counts. Good luck to them in the final.

DJHibby
18-04-2015, 03:06 PM
If they play like they did today against Celtic or Inverness, the result could be embarrassing.

There was only one team in that today and I can't quite believe we lost that.

Anti-football.One team tried to win. Typical all jambo welts when they play us, hack, break up play and refuse to play football

bob12345
18-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Good luck to them yes but they will now need to learn how to play football. They wont get lucky twice like to did today

3 wins and a draw in 4 against us suggests otherwise.

Kavinho
18-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Was brought up to always congratulate or commiserate your opponents. So.... Congratulations through gritted teeth.

Good luck in the final.

It'll be really needed

green day
18-04-2015, 03:15 PM

Bingo

frazeHFC
18-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Tin pot club, sadly one that we always struggle against.

green.and.white
18-04-2015, 03:32 PM

This x10000

Mikey09
18-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Congratulations on getting to the final..... Should be embarrassed the way they went about it. Takes two sides to make a game of football.... Houston learned well from Levien.

Boyle89
18-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Well done to the fans. The team however. They can gtf. Time wasting from the start of the second half. Houston is an utter bellend of a manager and I hope they get horsed in the final for their time wasting and play acting.

PPZPOL
18-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Yes, worked hard , closed players down rode their luck and committed endless niggly fouls to break play up . Well done indeed.

Seems to be what you need to do to get a result against us though, knock us out our stride and get men behind ball, job done. I think we have mids that like getting on ball when we have it but they don't defend like they should when we don't. Cost us a few times this season and cost us big time today.

marleyhib
18-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Couldn't give a flying about Falkirk.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Fair play to them - not pretty but tactically they outsmart us every time.

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Seems to be what you need to do to get a result against us though, knock us out our stride and get men behind ball, job done. I think we have mids that like getting on ball when we have it but they don't defend like they should when we don't. Cost us a few times this season and cost us big time today.
You also need a ref that let's you away with it. Fontaine was booked for his first foul yet no yellow for the blatant foul on Alagui when he was away from the defender in the first half.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 04:35 PM
You also need a ref that let's you away with it. Fontaine was booked for his first foul yet no yellow for the blatant foul on Alagui when he was away from the defender in the first half.

Think we are clutching at straws with this - apart from his positioning the ref was ok

Gordy M
18-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Fair play to them - not pretty but tactically they outsmart us every time.
Its not outsmarting us though, there is no way that jambo twonk could know that in the game we would hit the woodwork 3 times, and miss countless chamces, thats luck on their part. It was the exact same at easter road at the start of the season when we had something like 20 shots to their 2?? How is that outsmarting us??

emerald green
18-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Celtic or ICT will take 4 or 5 of them.

If they had beaten us a couple of years back playing the way they did in the 1st half I'd have happily congratulated them. Playing that eye bleeding stuff today? They can go **** themselves.

:agree: Falkirk, in a sense, didn't beat Hibs today. Hibs were more the architects of their own downfall.

Until Hibs start putting more of the chances they create in the back of the net, then Hibs fans can expect more of the same as happened this afternoon. That's three times this season Hibs have lost in this manner to Falkirk. Ridiculous.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Parked the bus for the whole match!

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Its not outsmarting us though, there is no way that jambo twonk could know that in the game we would hit the woodwork 3 times, and miss countless chamces, thats luck on their part. It was the exact same at easter road at the start of the season when we had something like 20 shots to their 2?? How is that outsmarting us??

Disagree mate - Houston set out a team shape that he knew would give his team the best opportunity to win and he's done that all season - our style of play is easily negated.

Gordy M
18-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Disagree mate - Houston set out a team shape that he knew would give his team the best opportunity to win and he's done that all season - our style of play is easily negated.
We will have to disagree mate, i cant see how any manager can set out a team 'knowing' the other team will miss chances and hit the woodwork three times? And then know they would score with virtually their only attack? If he knew that would happen then he is the best manager ive ever heard of!? I think he, and the several falkirk fans i have spoken to, knew they had rode their luck today.

Pete
18-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Happy for their fans.

They know full well the advantages of finishing second as opposed to third...so its time for us to move on.

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Hope they get rodgered by a record score-line in the final and hope they finish outside of the play-offs as well.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 05:38 PM
We will have to disagree mate, i cant see how any manager can set out a team 'knowing' the other team will miss chances and hit the woodwork three times? And then know they would score with virtually their only attack? If he knew that would happen then he is the best manager ive ever heard of!? I think he, and the several falkirk fans i have spoken to, knew they had rode their luck today.

Understand your reasoning, but he had awareness of our weak spots, particularly our inability to beat a team who park the bus, hit on the break and how to play a team who plays in front of you rather than through/behind. And yes they had the luck we didn't but you make your own luck in life.

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2015, 05:47 PM
They will get thumped in the final, they are a horrific "football" team if you can even call them that.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 06:02 PM
They will get thumped in the final, they are a horrific "football" team if you can even call them that.

Agree but that should be a lesson to Hibs in the need to have a Plan B / ability to 'win ugly'

buktapurple79
18-04-2015, 06:11 PM
I hope they get hammered and Leigh puts them to the sword. Their Yammish brand of anti-football is disgusting

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Agree but that should be a lesson to Hibs in the need to have a Plan B / ability to 'win ugly'
There was nothing wrong with the way Hibs played today. We dominated the whole game and only some poor crosses and lack of a predator like Adam Rooney stopped us winning easily. If you are saying we should revert to the Falkirk style of football then my season ticket would be torn up.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-04-2015, 06:21 PM
There was nothing wrong with the way Hibs played today. We dominated the whole game and only some poor crosses and lack of a predator like Adam Rooney stopped us winning easily. If you are saying we should revert to the Falkirk style of football then my season ticket would be torn up.

Not at all - just suggesting that we cant expect to win every game playing tippy-tappy football- there are times when you need to beat what's in front of you, particularly in a cup semi. I'm fully behind Stubbs but on occasion we are too one-dimensional and our results show that I'm afraid.

LancashireHibby
18-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Took their chance when they got it. Can't say fairer than that.

exHIBition
18-04-2015, 06:38 PM
This thread is embarrassing.

If this is the 'Hibs Class' that is repeatedly mentioned on here when goading Hertz then we needs to take a hard look at ourselves because most of this thread is classless.

If people from the outside are looking in and reading this they will have a field day with some of the remarks.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Congratulations to them. We only have ourselves to blame for losing that game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Four games played against them and the best we have managed so far is a draw? No sure that a well done is even needed?

Eyrie
18-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Falkirk got their tactics spot on. Clog up the midfield and defend, then take one of the few chances that they'd get at the other end.

We need pace and width to provide a plan B for when the slow steady possession approach doesn't work, which it frequently doesn't in the second tier of Scottish football.

iwasthere1972
18-04-2015, 07:08 PM

Good luck in the final 

Your are joking. If Hibs had played like them today and won I would have thought that we were extremely fortunate.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Houston's record is incredible against us.

Honestly unbelievable

Lee Marvin
18-04-2015, 07:29 PM

Good luck in the final 

F#@k this thread. Worst nonesense I've ever heard on this board. This is why hibs are perennial bottlers, and have been my whole arsin life

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 07:35 PM

Good luck in the final 
Apologies Steve am not in a generous mood tonight after yet another dissapointment :confused:

Franck Stanton
18-04-2015, 07:36 PM
:agree: Falkirk, in a sense, didn't beat Hibs today. Hibs were more the architects of their own downfall.

Until Hibs start putting more of the chances they create in the back of the net, then Hibs fans can expect more of the same as happened this afternoon. That's three times this season Hibs have lost in this manner to Falkirk. Ridiculous.

Spot on mate, spot on.

givescotlandfreedom
18-04-2015, 07:52 PM
**** Falkirk.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Sitting in a pub in Falkirk, just watching a rerun of the game and just watched the game back.

The place is full of them.

Hope they get pumped in the final.

Jammy *******s.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 09:30 PM

If this is the 'Hibs Class' that is repeatedly mentioned on here when goading Hertz then we needs to take a hard look at ourselves because most of this thread is classless.

If people from the outside are looking in and reading this they will have a field day with some of the remarks.

Folk from the "outside" are too busy laughing at us getting beat from no mark Falkirk, our 114 year cup hoodoo, the worst competitive Derby record in modern day football and last seasons relegation to be bothered about looking in here..

Maybe if we weren't so fussed about "Hibs Class" and concentrated on that strange thing called "winning" maybe we'd not be such a ***kin laughing stock

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Folk from the "outside" are too busy laughing at us getting beat from no mark Falkirk, our 114 year cup hoodoo, the worst competitive Derby record in modern day football and last seasons relegation to be bothered about looking in here..

Maybe if we weren't so fussed about "Hibs Class" and concentrated on that strange thing called "winning" maybe we'd not be such a ***kin laughing stock

Another negative post having a go at the fans and team! You've now made the ignore list.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-04-2015, 09:43 PM

Good luck in the final 👍

FFS! Ram that pish.

green day
18-04-2015, 09:44 PM

If you are a hibs fan, I'm a Dutchman.

Erse

Mr White
18-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Their fans were singing we are the people. **** them hope ict put 7 past them in the final.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Their fans were singing we are the people. **** them hope ict put 7 past them in the final.

They were singing "we are the steeple" no clue what it means though.

Pete
18-04-2015, 09:52 PM
They were singing "we are the steeple" no clue what it means though.

Ah.

The clue is in the badge.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-04-2015, 09:55 PM

Who gives a donald what people from the outside have to say?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Ah.

The clue is in the badge.

Cheers!

silverhibee
18-04-2015, 09:59 PM
F*** off Falkirk.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 10:00 PM
They were signing "sunshine on gorgie" when I was leaving the car park. Hope they go bust.

Mr White
18-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Steeple/people I dont care. Hoping ict win the cup. Yogi and russel lifting it would be better than celtic or Houston.

Sammy7nil
18-04-2015, 10:03 PM

I think that sorta sums it up.

magnificent_seven
18-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Falkirk. Terrible side, Terrible fans. Terrible club

Ricky Bobby
18-04-2015, 11:41 PM
I don't know why we have struggled so badly against them this season, not been impressed by them at all. They worked hard enough but with not a lot of quality.
Hope Lee bangs in a few against them in the final

Pete
19-04-2015, 02:31 AM
Don't grudge Falkirk anything to be honest.

For years they've done things right, spent within their means and have had to adapt to a soulless stadium while maintaining crowds. Their youth system has been excellent and those who accuse them of playing anti-football might want to remember their swashbuckling, home grown team of youngsters from a few years ago and the way they played. A lot of them have gone down south and for some cash...but it hasn't been reinvested in the team. Houston has had to plug gaps, fight fires and do what he can with the tools at his disposal.

Falkirk have done well to be a "bang average" side in this league when you consider the three above-average teams in the same league.

Every one of their fans that I've met have been sound and they are a club that has a high number of "Glaswegians" living locally.

No hard feelings here and I'd be happy for either Falkirk or ICT to win the cup. Anything but Celtic.

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2015, 02:32 AM
aye, congrats to Falkirk on their first ever SC win over us...another proud record gone for our club this season

:boo hoo:

Phoenix
19-04-2015, 06:08 AM

This! :rolleyes:

ALF TUPPER
19-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Don't like Houston - never did.
Don't like their club - never did.
Dont like their Sevco jnr fans - never did
Don't like the way Houston actually believes they deserved to get anything out of yesterday. He's kidding himself on. ( Ar$e of a man)
Hope they get humiliated in the final with the biggest ever SC defeat in history.
Hope he gets sent to the stand in the final
hope we turn them over big time in the final game of the season. Crush them.
Am I disappointed that despite all our pressure we didn't bury them? Yes
Am i bitter ? Yes
is the classless post ? Don't give a toss :coffee:
will I go to Livingston on Wednesday and support my team ? He'll yeah !!

Over and out !!

:flag:

Diclonius
19-04-2015, 07:33 AM
All I can say is I'm not looking forward to returning to Falkirk tomorrow.

Canon Hannan
19-04-2015, 07:37 AM
F.k Falkirk. Terrible side, Terrible fans. Terrible club

Never liked them. PT The Rangers supporters. They hate Edinburgh.

Hibrandenburg
19-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Sometimes it's better just to not say anything.

green day
19-04-2015, 07:44 AM
All I can say is I'm not looking forward to returning to Falkirk tomorrow.

Be sanguine about it, just tell them we are more interested in the playoffs :greengrin

Would wager that fewer than one in ten of any noising you up were actually at the game.

Presume that the usual pseudo hun population will now magically become 'fans' of Falkirk for the final?

#FromTheCapital
19-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Not getting any credit from me. They're utter ***** and got lucky yesterday. Hope they get absolutely horsed in the final.

emerald green
19-04-2015, 10:45 AM

It doesn't embarrass me at all. In what way are you "embarrassed" by posts on a fans forum?

BTW can you actually define what "Hibs class" actually is, and means? I've often wondered TBH.

As far as "people from outside looking" in are concerned, I really couldn't give a flying f***. These "people from outside", as you describe them, are Yams presumably? They are going to rip into Hibs as per usual after yesterday's result. Why would anyone be in the least bit interested in what they have to slaver on about?

Golden Bear
19-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Not getting any credit from me. They're utter ***** and got lucky yesterday. Hope they get absolutely horsed in the final.

If Celtic make the final then I sincerely hope that Falkirk "horse" them.

emerald green
19-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Good luck to ICT & Yogi Hughes today. I hope you go on to win the Scottish Cup for the first time in your club's history.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Good luck to ICT & Yogi Hughes today. I hope you go on to win the Scottish Cup for the first time in your club's history.

Not looking too good for them at the moment.

1-0 Celtic and it could be more.

emerald green
19-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Not looking too good for them at the moment.

1-0 Celtic and it could be more.

:agree:

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2015, 12:05 PM
**** Falkirk and their *****y support

Gerard
19-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I hope that our team will learned that football is about winning. It does not matter in this sense if you play attractive football and don't win. It is nice from a fans POV to see your team play good exciting football and win. We still have to play Falkirk and that game good if we win get us second place. If we get second place we have a much better chance of being promoted in the play offs. I always look forward and try and look back on things you can do nothing to change; as long as we learn from our failures IMO that is the best thing to do. Having a positive mental attitude is a very important part of becoming a success in anything you do in life.

#FromTheCapital
19-04-2015, 01:08 PM
If Celtic make the final then I sincerely hope that Falkirk "horse" them.

I honestly couldn't care less about Celtic winning another cup.