PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Unseen work
18-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Take a bow

Brilliant game and showed once again he is the best player in the league.

His visison is unbeleivable, always finding a threaded reverse pass inside the defender.

Enjoy him while we have him guys, he won't be here long

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Absolutely collosal performance today. He will be away in the summer. Why would he stay with a team that just love to lose in style all the flamin time!

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 01:59 PM
He was excellent at times today - a 20 min spell in particular.

bigwheel
18-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Absolutely collosal performance today. He will be away in the summer. Why would he stay with a team that just love to lose in style all the flamin time!

I thought he played well for 15 mins in second half and was quite wasteful outside of that....

RIP
18-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Watch the build up to the Falkirk goal and how hard Scott tried to take on their wide man.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:04 PM
A 20 minute spell against cannon fodder like Falkirk is not good enough.

HHibs have no cutting edge

Allant1981
18-04-2015, 02:05 PM

He had more than a 20 min good spell

Golden Bear
18-04-2015, 02:05 PM
A brilliant second half display from Scott. Looked to me as if he was trying to impress any possible suitors who were looking in.

Carheenlea
18-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Take a bow

His visison is unbeleivable, always finding a threaded reverse pass inside the defender.

Not just the best player in the league, one of the best players in Scotland.

PeeJay
18-04-2015, 02:06 PM
A brilliant second half display from Scott. Looked to me as if he was trying to impress any possible suitors who were looking in.

... I just thought he was just trying harder than most to get us into the final...

Golden Bear
18-04-2015, 02:08 PM
And that as well.

lucky
18-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Hibs just are not Hampden club we were the better team through out but we failed to take our chances.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Take a bow ?

Wow

hibeemikey21
18-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Opinions. I didn't think he was at the races today

Oranje39
18-04-2015, 02:15 PM
I was disappointed with him among others today. A few flashes of his best but not enough.

matty_f
18-04-2015, 02:15 PM
I thought at times in the second half he was terrific.

Unseen work
18-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Take a bow ?

Wow

What? Because he lost means he never had a good game?

snooky
18-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Head and shoulders above them all. Hope we keep him because despite today's result, he is the difference between us being a team or a TEAM.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Played well but some of his crossing was very poor.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:24 PM
The crossing was mince from the whole team today.

danhibees1875
18-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Really?

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 02:26 PM

Agreed.

B.H.F.C
18-04-2015, 02:31 PM

Abysmal. Stevenson in particular.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 02:51 PM

:agree: rarely beats the 1st man. Let's not talk about that attempt at a volley either.

JimBHibees
18-04-2015, 02:57 PM
:agree: rarely beats the 1st man. Let's not talk about that attempt at a volley either.

That attempt at a shot was horrific had loads of time to line it and shanked it. Thought today he was very poor.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 03:02 PM

He was woeful.

Is woeful.

Looked half a player this season 'cos we're playing against part timers

PiemanP
18-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Allan was outstanding in the second half, he was absolutely everywhere and drove the team forward. It's a shame others weren't playing at such a high standard - notably the wide players and two strikers.

Keeping him next season if we don't get promoted will be hard, and to be fair he deserves to be playing on a higher league.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Baffled by this thread. He had a good 15 minutes. Other than that he reverted back to the 2015 Scott Allan

LaMotta
18-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Baffled by this thread. He had a good 15 minutes. Other than that he reverted back to the 2015 Scott Allan

Moments of brilliance but switches off defensively far too often.

green day
18-04-2015, 03:36 PM

You never say anything positive about hibs.....ever. You dont actually sound like a fan.

Boyle89
18-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Terrific driving at players and gliding past them. His passing today was poor. Needs to stop the reverse pass Everytime he gets the chance. His corners were pish aswell. That being said he ran his heart out today. That sliding tackle in the first half was brilliant and he looked as gutted as us that we didn't win today.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 03:45 PM

Not sure how your counting is bit I think you made an error with your post you said we had a 20minute spell? Did you watch 20minutes of the game then leave? We had a 90minute spell and played well.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 03:46 PM
You never say anything positive about hibs.....ever. You dont actually sound like a fan.

That's what happens when you get kicked in the baws all the time

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Not sure how your counting is bit I think you made an error with your post you said we had a 20minute spell? Did you watch 20minutes of the game then leave? We had a 90minute spell and played well.

We didn't play well for 90 minutes. The first half was horrific from both teams.

TThe second half we had a great spell and failed to score... How many times has that happened this season.

After the goal we did hee haw to her back into the game

We are so easy to play against

green day
18-04-2015, 03:51 PM
We didn't play well for 90 minutes. The first half was horrific from both teams.

TThe second half we had a great spell and failed to score... How many times has that happened this season.

Ken what? If all you have is negativity, do us all a favour and just stop commenting.

Like I said earlier, you dont sound like a fan, more like you are revelling in it?

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Ken what? If all you have is negativity, do us all a favour and just stop commenting.

Like I said earlier, you dont sound like a fan, more like you are revelling in it?

Negative.

Or realism?

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 03:52 PM
And I'm clearly frustrated like many fans.

I wouldn't say I'm revelling

ryanthehibby
18-04-2015, 03:54 PM
And I'm clearly frustrated like many fans.

I wouldn't say I'm revelling
I would agree unfortunately, the constant disappointment and the acceptance of 'it just wasn't our day' happens way too often to be honest. How many times this season have we been playing well and not got a result?

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 03:58 PM
I thought he was wasteful at times. He has moments of brilliance then he picks the wrong pass.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:11 PM
He was woeful.

Is woeful.

Looked half a player this season 'cos we're playing against part timers

Pathetic post, you really hate Hibs eh?

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 04:14 PM

You need to look at the bigger picture we went down under terry and we were still In free fall when stubbs took over he has worked wonders and we will continue to grow and improve..put it this way did you think we would even make it into 3rd or 2nd place after what happened? You need to be more positive mate. This team has came so far. The only worry I have personally is we haven't secured some players on longer deals but let's hope that's all sorted for a long term plan

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Ran our midfield today, I'm putting all my cash on that he's away this summer whether we go up or stay down.

HibsNutter
18-04-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm worried that some people cannot see how far ahead Scott Allan is compared to everyone else in the team, stood out today and I doubt he'll be here after the summer if we aren't promoted.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm worried that some people cannot see how far ahead Scott Allan is compared to everyone else in the team, stood out today and I doubt he'll be here after the summer if we aren't promoted.

I doubt he will be here even if we are!!

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 04:25 PM
You need to look at the bigger picture we went down under terry and we were still In free fall when stubbs took over he has worked wonders and we will continue to grow and improve..put it this way did you think we would even make it into 3rd or 2nd place after what happened? You need to be more positive mate. This team has came so far. The only worry I have personally is we haven't secured some players on longer deals but let's hope that's all sorted for a long term plan

I take your post on board. It will ease my pain

marleyhib
18-04-2015, 04:26 PM
He is a gem, head and shoulders above anyone else today. He's not perfect but he's playing for Hibs in the Scottish championship.

Dubai
18-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Take a bow

Total garbage today. Hid out on the right wing his reverse pass is totally sussed out

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Total garbage today. Hid out on the right wing his reverse pass is totally sussed out

:faf::faf:

green day
18-04-2015, 04:33 PM

Crap, hid on right wing? You are trolling

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 04:34 PM

The latter part of that post is spot on.

The first is unfair.

cabbage_88
18-04-2015, 04:34 PM
He played quite well today but to say it was a colossal performancs is a bit much

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:35 PM
The latter part of that post is spot on.

The first is unfair.

Are you saying he hid?

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Are you saying he hid?

The reverse pass.

Has been sussed. I disagree with the rest of the post.

Dubai
18-04-2015, 04:41 PM
The reverse pass.

Ok over reacted now ive thought about it but that inside/reverse pass is so predictable

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:41 PM
The reverse pass.

OK thanks for clarifying:aok:

banchoryhibs
18-04-2015, 04:43 PM
I thought he was much better in the second half. For the first 45 minutes he played too deep and did not dominate as much against their midfield. When he pushed forward he got more room to create. I got frustrated by his determination to always seek out the killer pass when sometimes a decent ball into the box for Farid to try to make something of it may have been the better option.

He will be away for sure - losing out on the final has cost us £600,000. We don't get another parachute payment so, if we don't get promoted, the budget will be squeezed again. The fee received for him will help balance the books (when have we heard that phrase before .... ) :Ummm:

zlatan
18-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Reminiscent of Brown v Dunfermline in 2007. Stuck out like a sore thumb in midfield yet somehow ended up on the losing team.

emerald green
18-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Scott Allan left Dundee United to go to West Brom too early I've heard commentators say.

I just get the feeling that he gets frustrated with some of his team mates at times, and he doesn't look happy playing for Hibs. I wonder what Neilson was whispering in his ear as he left the field at the end of the recent Derby?

I will be very surprised if Scott Allan is at Hibs next season, even if Hibs are promoted. If Hibs are in the Championship next season, there's no chance he will stay at ER. Hibs will take the money offered for his signature because they will need it if they stay down. I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic come in for him depending on who they let go at the end of the season.

Not getting to the cup final is another huge blow to the club financially.

Onceinawhile
18-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Best player on the park (as picked by neutrals) certainly guilty of choosing the wrong pass (why pass to FAE when Cummings was clean through?) But he is a top quality player at least he tried something other than the constant simple pass.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Best player on the park (as picked by neutrals) certainly guilty of choosing the wrong pass (why pass to FAE when Cummings was clean through?) But he is a top quality player at least he tried something other than the constant simple pass.

Sometimes I wish he would just do the simple pass.........Great player, but guilty of making the wrong decision at times..........

18-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Sometimes I wish he would just do the simple pass.........Great player, but guilty of making the wrong decision at times..........

This 100%.

overdrive
18-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I thought he was much better in the second half. For the first 45 minutes he played too deep and did not dominate as much against their midfield. When he pushed forward he got more room to create. I got frustrated by his determination to always seek out the killer pass when sometimes a decent ball into the box for Farid to try to make something of it may have been the better option.

He will be away for sure - losing out on the final has cost us £600,000. We don't get another parachute payment so, if we don't get promoted, the budget will be squeezed again. The fee received for him will help balance the books (when have we heard that phrase before .... ) :Ummm:

We would get another parachute payment... Just much less (half in fact). The relegated team gets £500k in season 1 and £250k on season 2 if they don't come back up

Swedish hibee
18-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I am gob-smacked that people think he was poor today... :wtf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Lets enjoy him for the last couple of games as he wont be here next season. 😪

buktapurple79
18-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Different class - gutted for him, what a performance

18-04-2015, 06:17 PM
I am gob-smacked that people think he was poor today... :wtf:

As i said on another thread, its amazing how the final result can completely change peoples entire perception of the game. If we had won today everyone would have been hailing Allan as magnificent but because we lost some people are calling him poor.

HH81
18-04-2015, 06:18 PM
He is not as good as some are making out on this thread. That is for sure.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 06:24 PM
everything we created basically came from him today, he was also unlucky with his shot. A few teams will be in for him in the summer, I think the only way we will keep him is if we go up

Nutmegged
18-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Scott is great for Hibs but make no mistake we are great for him, when hes on his game he looks every bit the most talented player in the Championship and I felt today for around 20 minutes he was in a league of his own on that pitch but for me today also proved why he is at Hibs and not a Celtic, everything has to be Hollywood, he needs to learn that he can't kill teams with every pass and sometimes the simple ball is actually the best ball, I really like him and I hope we keep hold of him but he has so much more to learn and this place is the best place for him to hone those skills

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Pathetic post, you really hate Hibs eh?

I hate Hibs because I don't think a player played well today & I don't rate said player at all?!

I've posted this many times on here but as long as guys like Stevenson are playing for us we'll never be anything more than relegation fodder and semi final losers

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:30 PM
I hate Hibs because I don't think a player played well today & I don't rate said player at all?!

I've posted this many times on here but as long as guys like Stevenson are playing for us we'll never be anything more than relegation fodder and semi final losers

One of our most improved players..... You obviously don't see him much

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 06:31 PM
everything we created basically came from him today, he was also unlucky with his shot. A few teams will be in for him in the summer, I think the only way we will keep him is if we go up

He's under contract for another season.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:32 PM
So much people writing our team off laughable

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:32 PM

This

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 06:33 PM

When I have seen him it's the same old same old..

Looks "improved" because he's playing against joiners, fishmongers, valeters etc...

Nutmegged
18-04-2015, 06:35 PM
He's under contract for another season.

All that means is we would be entitled to a decent transfer fee, I think ifna club offer £500,000 for him he'll be gone

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 06:37 PM
All that means is we would be entitled to a decent transfer fee, I think ifna club offer £500,000 for him he'll be gone

You maybe right, but what I have a problem is when people keep saying he is too good for us. No he isn't.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 06:37 PM

I'd bite your hand off for that price!

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 06:38 PM

I heard that he has a release clause if we don't get promoted, don't know if it's true or not however. Maybe someone on here could confirm it?

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Scott Allan is a good player, but he did today take the wrong option too many times. If he can start making the right passes at the right time he will be a star.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:39 PM
When I have seen him it's the same old same old..

Looks "improved" because he's playing against joiners, fishmongers, valeters etc...

emerald green
18-04-2015, 06:43 PM

IMHO we wont see him for dust. If Hibs don't go up this season, the board would have little choice other than to let him go simply because the club will need every penny to try to make up for loss of income if the club is in this crap league for another season (at least).

In addition to that, Hibs probably cannot compete with the wages Allan could command at say Celtic, or even League 1 clubs and above in England.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 06:45 PM
I heard that he has a release clause if we don't get promoted, don't know if it's true or not however. Maybe someone on here could confirm it?

If he does have a release clause then so what? It might be a 50million pounds release clause but we don't know and we never will know so wouldn't worry about that.

Nutmegged
18-04-2015, 06:55 PM

I doubt that to be honest, everyone knows that if we don't go up we'll need to raise funds and I'm sure if a team came in with a decent offer Hibs would be more than happy to cash in

Black Kyle
18-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Can go past a player with ease. Can pass and move with ease. But too many killer ball type passes misplaced too often costing possession and allowing the other team to go on the offensive. Class act and a stand out for us but still developing.

Unseen work
18-04-2015, 07:21 PM
People are saying the opposition have sussed the reverse pass

It's one thing knowing what's he's going to do, another thing stopping it. This pass worked constantly to do and catches defenders off guard

The "wrong option" people go on about is what is often the killer pass that wins us games and almost did on many occasions today if people took there chance. The passes came off but if they never people would say it's the wrong option. It is those passes that is the difference ln winning and losing games

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:31 PM

There will be nobody on here that can confirm anything. Intimate details of contracts are most definitely not revealed to Joe public to be discussed on message boards. Pure speculation based on here say is all it is.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 07:42 PM
One person that's not sussed the reverse pass is the referee...

eastterrace
18-04-2015, 07:51 PM
One person that's not sussed the reverse pass is the referee...

referee was a total twat, also what the officials behind the goals doing as one corner falkirk player had forster in a half nelson at a corner and nothing was done about it , the game is bent and the officials are not worth a sook, im so gutted that these jammy barstewards got away with all the time.

gillythehibby
18-04-2015, 08:01 PM

You're either a yam or you were steamin at the game. Scott Allan has a job to do in midfield and was easily or best player. He's not the messiah (or a naughty boy) He's one player in a team of 11 and he played well. He's not afraid to try and make the killer pass. It doesn't always come off. Some of the reactions to our defeat today is a joke really.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 08:02 PM

How was he today against a team of full time pro's?

Terrible

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 08:06 PM

Terrible

Well he constantly gets picked so what does that say about him.....Not great today by any manner of means, but your criticism was well OTT

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 08:12 PM

Terrible

No offense but you're perilously close to the ignore list! Can't you just give him credit for being the good player that he is. Even he is human and prone to the odd error or misplaced pass.

Pete
18-04-2015, 08:15 PM
"The opposition have sussed the reverse pass".

That's why I love this board :faf:

hibee-boys
18-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Note to Scott Allan: A reverse diagonal defence splitting pass isn't always on, occasionally you might just want to retain possession and play a simple pass, however I assume that doesn't satisfy your ever inflated ego. If your footballing brain is, as some on here would like to think, so far ahead of your colleagues, how about taking that into consideration now and again!

Nutmegged
18-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I'd bite your hand off for that price!

Really? I wouldn't, its a good price for a player who hasn't really played top flight football (I know he played a handful of SPL games for UTD) but we wouldn't see that money reinvested in the playing squad IMO...we would be in a predicament, try and win promotion with Scott Allan and gamble that it pays off or try and win promotion without him having the guarantee of banking around half a Million on him.

that Half a million might sound like safe business but if Hibs don't get out of this League in 2015-16 many will look at that as the pivotal moment we set out for failure and staying in the 2nd tier for longer than 2 years could be catastrophic for the club, half a Mill sounds good but it could benshort term gain for long term pain

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Really? I wouldn't, its a good price for a player who hasn't really played top flight football (I know he played a handful of SPL games for UTD) but we wouldn't see that money reinvested in the playing squad IMO...we would be in a predicament, try and win promotion with Scott Allan and gamble that it pays off or try and win promotion without him having the guarantee of banking around half a Million on him.

that Half a million might sound like safe business but if Hibs don't get out of this League in 2015-16 many will look at that as the pivotal moment we set out for failure and staying in the 2nd tier for longer than 2 years could be catastrophic for the club, half a Mill sounds good but it could benshort term gain for long term pain

And if we fail to win promotion with SA next season then he leaves for hee haw in the summer.

BS44
18-04-2015, 08:28 PM
No offense but you're perilously close to the ignore list! Can't you just give him credit for being the good player that he is. Even he is human and prone to the odd error or misplaced pass.

He got binned for being a erse HC, best ignored.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 08:29 PM
He got binned for being a erse HC, best ignored.

He's not barred though? :confused:

BS44
18-04-2015, 08:39 PM
He's not barred though? :confused:

He got barred before HC, no idea why he is allowed back on.

wills
18-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Scott Allan immense game, alway showed for the ball, chased back, created chances what more could you ask for. Why can't we get of our players back and accept that we were unlucky today and not look for scap goats.
We are in my opinion 2-3 player short from the finished article, we need every effort to hang onto Allan , Fyvvie etc we can't start next season having to rebuild another team. Focus now should be on getting back up to the SPL and signing our out of contract players.

danhibees1875
18-04-2015, 08:48 PM
To be fair to Allan, having since watched the highlights he was at the heart of a lot more of our chances than I'd initially given him credit for. His run before hitting the bar was sensational and had the final shot been an inch lower that would have been a goal to remember.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 09:37 PM
He got barred before HC, no idea why he is allowed back on.

Are you wanting an autograph?

Hibs1992
18-04-2015, 10:04 PM
For me a player of Scott Allan's ability should have got far more goals and assists this season. He is a very talented player and I enjoy watching him play but I would say that around 70-80% of the time he makes the wrong decision in the final third. If he was able to make the right decision when running onto defences we would have not only won today but would also have picked up enough points to be far clear of Sevco.

He has great potential and is lovely to watch but ultimately goals win matches and he contributes neither enough goals nor assists in my opinion.

magnificent_seven
18-04-2015, 10:07 PM
I thought he played well for 15 mins in second half and was quite wasteful outside of that....

Agreed. Falkirk have him zero time on the ball for the majority of the game

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 10:09 PM

Terrible

Best player on the park why?

Did you watch the game? Serious question? Media/fans etc all saying Hibs dominated and Allan was centre of it. He hit the bar which was unlucky as well.

Got to laugh at the utter piss people spout on here about Allan 😂

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 10:11 PM

Did you watch the game? Serious question? Media/fans etc all saying Hibs dominated and Allan was centre of it. He hit the bar which was unluck as well.

Got to laugh at the utter piss people spout on here about Allan 

Best ignored TC.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Best ignored TC.

Agree, maybe kickback would be better suited for him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 10:15 PM

Did you watch the game? Serious question? Media/fans etc all saying Hibs dominated and Allan was centre of it. He hit the bar which was unlucky as well.

Got to laugh at the utter piss people spout on here about Allan 😂

He had a good game today. Problem on here is folk take opposite points of view and will never back down from them. It's the same when he actually does have a poor game the "he's on his way to Barca" crew won't admit that he had a bad game.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 10:17 PM
He had a good game today. Problem on here is folk take opposite points of view and will never back down from them. It's the same when he actually does have a poor game the "he's in his way to Barca" crew won't admit that he had a bad game.

That's what I've noticed as well. I've seen Scott have a few poor games and happily admitted it. Yet he plays well and we lose and he's now Brian Hamilton.

It is funny the comments you read though. Some folk wouldn't know a player if he came up to them and booted them in the balls.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 10:23 PM
That's what I've noticed as well. I've seen Scott have a few poor games and happily admitted it. Yet he plays well and we lose and he's now Brian Hamilton.

It is funny the comments you read though. Some folk wouldn't know a player if he came up to them and booted them in the balls.

I agree. There needs to be a lot more fair minded posters like us on here. :wink:

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 10:24 PM
I agree. There needs to be a lot more fair minded posters like us on here. :wink:

It's tough for those with a small I.Q though. We just have to pull each other through it [emoji16]

Judas Iscariot
19-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Best player on the park why? Did you watch the game? Serious question? Media/fans etc all saying Hibs dominated and Allan was centre of it. He hit the bar which was unlucky as well. Got to laugh at the utter piss people spout on here about Allan Would help if I was actually talking about Allan eh?Maybe read the thread before posting and looking like a plum & telling me to go to Kickback when you've got it totally wrong!Incidentally I thought SA was outstanding and was head & shoulders above everyone else on the park

Nutmegged
19-04-2015, 09:17 AM
And if we fail to win promotion with SA next season then he leaves for hee haw in the summer.

Thats the chance we'd have to be prepared to take, I always felt it was a two year job in The Championship given the strength of it this year, I've been pleasently surprised we have had Rangers number for most of it though but ultimately expect them to go up, so if we hold ono Allan and don't go up so be it but I think people go overboard on his value, I don't think not cashing in 400-500k would cripple us, I also think selling him would have a negative effect on the team and the majority of the fans.

This is a player I believe has a lot of talent and even more potential but ultimately we are talking about a player who barely kicked a ball in the Scottish Top flight and has already been down south and didn't exactly shine when given his only real chance in the English fourth tier - I don't expect a plethora of clubs to be knocking at the door for him, not the type of clubs who would pay enough to entice us to sell for what fans would feel was an acceptable price.

likelihood for me is Sevco will be in for him for about 400 grand