PDA

View Full Version : That was inexcusable.

Pages : [1] 2

Spike Mandela
18-04-2015, 01:52 PM
A better team than Falkirk. No injuries. NO suspensions.

A perfect opportunity to reach cup final. Falkirk never put us under sny pressure and we still managed to lose it.

Pathetic.

Team isn't going up. Bottle merchants.

SneakersO'Toole
18-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Challenge anyone to disagree with that.

Not buying any hard luck stories.

Is there another team in Scotland who bottle like we do in big games.

Iain G
18-04-2015, 01:54 PM

A perfect opportunity to reach cup final. Falkirk never put us under sny pressure and we still managed to lose it.

Pathetic.

Gray was injured, Watson and Boyle both cup tied...

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Pathetic.

They played well - at least they showed up. We just continue to be wasteful and need about 5 clear cut attempts for every goal. Midfielders that don't like shooting because they're not very good at it.

SneakersO'Toole
Gray was injured, Watson and Boyle both cup tied...

Straw, at, clutching.

Falkirk were missing their top scorer and best player.

GreenArmyyy!
Not even angry this time, just gutted.

Iain G
18-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Straw, at, clutching.

Falkirk were missing their top scorer and best player.

No just pointing out factual error in the op :-P

Cabbage Lad
18-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Get a grip!! We are all disappointed but far from inexcusable!

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 02:08 PM

Hit the post and hit the bar, played them off the park and never scored. Check the stats! Very unlucky I thought.

SneakersO'Toole
18-04-2015, 02:11 PM

Look at our record in Scottish cup semi's and finals. Sick of hearing about bad luck. Sick of underachieving in these games.

Another golden opportunity blown today. It is inexcusable and fans have a right to furious. Another great turnout let down by ineptitude and meek surrender.

Iceman1875
18-04-2015, 02:11 PM
We were unlucky. Played better than they did especially second half. Biggest issue with our 'support' is they believe they know better. One 'fan' squared upto the boy sitting next to me and my nine year old daughter as he / we applauding the Hibs teams efforts at full time. Absolute roaster.

At Easter Road we play...

SneakersO'Toole
18-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Hit the post and hit the bar, played them off the park and never scored. Check the stats! Very unlucky I thought.

We must be the unluckiest team in Scotland then, given the number of times we've been to Hampden and blown it.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Falkirk deserved the win. Put the ball in the back of the bet, something we couldn't do.

Hopeless.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Embarrassing again from us at Hampden.

Falkirk are a plshy wee team with a plshy number of fans, we should NEVER EVER get beat from them, especially not in a semi final!

Awful stuff

God Petrie
18-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Falkirk deserved the win. Put the ball in the back of the bet, something we couldn't do.

Hopeless.

Reactionary drivel.

The_Horde
18-04-2015, 02:28 PM

It's been the same against them all season. At what point does it change from luck to just not doing enough?

JJP
18-04-2015, 02:33 PM
If anyone's a bottle merchant its some of our fans with the constant bleating and hard luck stories. Put it behind you the team still has the play offs to go for.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Reactionary drivel.

Hibs didn't score.

Falkirk did.

Its not just bad luck, it's poor finishing and poor play

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Terrible thread we played well today and Falkirk stole a win after we pumped them all over the park unlucky Hibs today we played well enough to win and Falkirk were just lucky it's that simple.

patch1875
Still work in progress, people think we are better than what we are. We have struggled all season against the top half of the table clubs (except the Rangers ;-))

Spike Mandela

Bollocks. Falkirk as poor a team as you will ever meet in a semi.

Inexcusable to lose.

Biggie
18-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I get the feeling, no-one, I mean no-one fears playing hibs.......I think they all know we can't/don't cut it.......that reputation has taken years to earn.
I'm ****ed if I know how to change that.....maybe it's the type of player we sign.

Gerard
18-04-2015, 02:45 PM
There is a magical quality about Cup Competitions. They do not respect the size of your team. No team has a divine right to expect to beat another team in any competition. The team can still win promotion this year and that is something that we all want. We were unlucky not to win today; perhaps we will be lucky in other games when we need luck.

cleanyman
18-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Falkirk were brutal.

Our crossing was even worse.

Ineffective the whole game

blackpoolhibs
There is a magical quality about Cup Competitions. They do not respect the size of your team. No team has a divine right to expect to beat another team in any competition. The team can still win promotion this year and that is something that we all want. We were unlucky not to win today; perhaps we will be lucky in other games when we need luck.

You do know that rule does not apply to hibs?

familyman
I believe the main issue here is as we have seen too often this season The manager and his man team seem to have no plan B, we carry on as we did in first half EVEN THOUGH FALKIRK altered things we did not.This happens far too often and as we enter play offs we seem to be the team easily out played tactics wise..we have better players but the time is NOW to get the tactics right and flexible as each game progresses !!!!!Falkirk could play us again and again and it will probably still be the same result UNLESS we wise up that there is more to football than just good players .Stevenson has slipped rather badly in recent weeks as our expectation rise his standard drops , other than that the boys worked hard and deserved better guidance.Snapping at the chances is not what we expect..in that respect we let ourselves down ,but let us LEARN from this and fast .Stay Positive

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 03:03 PM
I get the feeling, no-one, I mean no-one fears playing hibs.......I think they all know we can't/don't cut it.......that reputation has taken years to earn.
I'm ****ed if I know how to change that.....maybe it's the type of player we sign.

By being positive week in week out. That's it fixed nobody fears anyone in the cup.

davidw
18-04-2015, 03:05 PM

Pathetic.

This entire thread is a pile of *****. They played Falkirk off the pitch, hit post, bar and missed chances.They were very, very unlucky. Compare the entire style of play to Fenlon's and Butcher's dross - it's night and day. Compare the entire team to the pish Stubbs inherited - it's night and day. See the bigger picture - we have improved massively.

I'm as gutted as anyone else - and I'd wager, age wise, I've experienced more Hibs Hampden misery than many posting here, and I am very, very pissed off right now. But there IS a bigger picture and this nonsensical overreaction helps no-one. Catch a grip for Christ's sake.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2015, 03:06 PM
That was one of the most one-sided defeats you'll see for some time.

I'm in disbelief at how we've managed to lose today.

Lago
18-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes we were unlucky, but and it is a big but we were also deficient in some important areas. Pace of the game too slow with passes going side ways and back apart from Scott Allan's 3 or 4, deadball delivery from cornors and free kicks poor. Crossing into box rarely happened usually hit defender or over hit.

Steve20
18-04-2015, 03:10 PM
1-5 was inexcusable
0-9 Malmo was inexusable
Relegation was inexusable

It doesn't matter because people keep going back for more. Because there wasn't a boycott when there should have been, thus will always happen. The majority of fans will bend over.

But don't worry, a 2-1 win at Livi will please everyone and we can then live in a fairytale world that we win the playoffs.

green day
18-04-2015, 03:12 PM
This thread also reeks of those who have a "position" on hibs - the ones that dont go to games because petrie is there.

Those pricks love it when we lose.

I am just back and, while we didn't take our chances you simply can't say "embarrassing" or "bottled it".

One part of me is glad, we are nowhere near ready to take on Celtic or ICT - and I think either will annihilate Falkirk.

Onward to the play offs......and FFS stop greeting

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 03:13 PM
This thread also reeks of those who have a "position" on hibs - the ones that dont go to games because petrie is there.

Those pricks love it when we lose.

I am just back and, while we didn't take our chances you simply can't say "embarrassing" or "bottled it".

One part of me is glad, we are nowhere near ready to take on Celtic or ICT - and I think either will annihilate Falkirk.

Onward to the play offs......and FFS stop greeting

The post is spot on

steviehibsleith
18-04-2015, 03:18 PM
People saying how or inexplicable should simply look at our defence, 3 of the back 5 are part of the defence that have seen us relagated Forster Hanlon and Stevenson. We have conceded 30 goals in 33 games in the Champioship almost a goal a game , today Falkirk hardly threatened us but every team who play us know they can score against us and how soft again was their goal today a chipped in ball unchallanged header and we are beat. Complaining about missed chances or being unlucky hitting the woodwork isnt the underlying problem guess what keep a Clean sheet you dont lose ! Only Fontaine should be in our defence next season if we want to start winning with Gray maybe in there but not sure about his frequent injuries.

keep the faith
18-04-2015, 03:54 PM

Pathetic.

Falkirk not put under pressure?? What a load of rubbish!!

Brightside
18-04-2015, 03:57 PM

We didn't bottle anything. Hit the bar, post, off the line... Should easily have won by 3 or 4. But it was just one of those days. Good to see the usual people slagging off the team again, same after every defeat.

Brightside
18-04-2015, 03:58 PM
People saying how or inexplicable should simply look at our defence, 3 of the back 5 are part of the defence that have seen us relagated Forster Hanlon and Stevenson. We have conceded 30 goals in 33 games in the Champioship almost a goal a game , today Falkirk hardly threatened us but every team who play us know they can score against us and how soft again was their goal today a chipped in ball unchallanged header and we are beat. Complaining about missed chances or being unlucky hitting the woodwork isnt the underlying problem guess what keep a Clean sheet you dont lose ! Only Fontaine should be in our defence next season if we want to start winning with Gray maybe in there but not sure about his frequent injuries.

What a load of tripe.

Fergus52
18-04-2015, 04:00 PM

Yup :agree:

we thoroughly deserved to win, just wasn´t our day.

Some people just like to stick the boot in any chance they get

James70
18-04-2015, 04:01 PM
All I can say is it's just as well we are unlikely to play Falkirk in the play offs as we seem to be incapable of beating them. At least we will be in with a chance against QoS. I can't stand Houston but he is completely correct with what he has said today.

green day
18-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Yup :agree:

we thoroughly deserved to win, just wasn´t our day.

Some people just like to stick the boot in any chance they get

Yep, this is pretty much what jambo radge Preston just said.

Fergus, are you Preston in disguise :-) :-)

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 04:05 PM
If Hibs had played like we did v Huns other week I'd be raging. But we didn't we done everything but score. Some folk saying it's more than bad luck. Not today it wasn't it just didn't go in.

Of course you would think one of the chances would go but it didn't. The boys did try and Stubbs for me got it right with selection and formation. We lost to a sucker punch that happens every week in football. It's just worse because it's the Scottish cup.

The play offs are actually much bigger for the club as a whole! Win that and it would be something else. As a selfish Hibby I wanted both but let's be honest, to ask this Hibs team to win the Scottish was a big ask.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:06 PM

Pathetic.

We never "Bottled" it....A more one sided match that you will ever be likely to see. We just can't score goals, it's killing us.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:08 PM
1-5 was inexcusable
0-9 Malmo was inexusable

It doesn't matter because people keep going back for more. Because there wasn't a boycott when there should have been, thus will always happen. The majority of fans will bend over.

But don't worry, a 2-1 win at Livi will please everyone and we can then live in a fairytale world that we win the playoffs.

Take away the razors from this poster please.......

ekhibee
18-04-2015, 04:09 PM
All I can say is it's just as well we are unlikely to play Falkirk in the play offs as we seem to be incapable of beating them. At least we will be in with a chance against QoS. I can't stand Houston but he is completely correct with what he has said today.
I can't stand Houston either, never have, but as you say I thought he was quite right in what he said after the game. It's not the 1st time we've lost goals to a cross ball and obviously it still hasn't been adressed. We should have won the game comfortably and he also as good as admitted that too, but at the end of the day we didn't defend properly and it's cost us dearly. Again.

MSK
18-04-2015, 04:13 PM
1-5 was inexcusable
0-9 Malmo was inexusable

But don't worry, a 2-1 win at Livi will please everyone and we can then live in a fairytale world that we win the playoffs.Obviously wouldn't please you though eh ..?

SneakersO'Toole
18-04-2015, 04:15 PM
We didn't bottle anything. Hit the bar, post, off the line... Should easily have won by 3 or 4. But it was just one of those days. Good to see the usual people slagging off the team again, same after every defeat.

Just one of those days? How many times do we as Hibs fans said that? Especially in the games that matter most to us, in particular at Hampden.

No matter how anyone dresses it up, Hibs should not be losing SC semi finals to Falkirk. The fact we were the better team is further salt in the wounds and sums up our season.

The soft underbelly of the losing big games is still very prevalent at the club IMO.

B.H.F.C
18-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Agree with the first sentence that we didn't necessarily bottle it.

But don't you think it's happened too often to be considered 'one of those days?'

emerald green
18-04-2015, 04:18 PM
I can't stand Houston either, never have, but as you say I thought he was quite right in what he said after the game. It's not the 1st time we've lost goals to a cross ball and obviously it still hasn't been adressed. We should have won the game comfortably and he also as good as admitted that too, but at the end of the day we didn't defend properly and it's cost us dearly. Again.

:agree: The bit in bold. Poor defending as a team has cost Hibs dearly yet again. The whole defence it seemed to me switched off, not for the first time this season.

The cross into the box for the goal was allowed to happen far too easily, and a small Falkirk player had a free header from around six yards. Dylan McGeouch stood like a statue and didn't mark the Falkirk player.

That's not bad luck. That's poor defending and lack of concentration. It wasn't as though the Hibs defence had been under any pressure all afternoon.

God Petrie
18-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Don't tell anyone but I quite like supporting Hibs.

marleyhib
18-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Gutted but not that surprised we lost. Malonga losing form after the afcon has been crucial I think, farid doesn't look fit yet. I wouldnt have fancied our chances against Celtic (probably) in the final. Hopefully it's one less game in the middle of the plays offs.

We were always likely to concede a goal today but that should t have mattered as we should have scored 3 or 4. One of those those days, onwards and upwards hopefully.

macd123
18-04-2015, 04:37 PM
We played well today and should have won regardless.

We just lacked pace today. It's fine playing without wingers if you have quick strikers but farid tired early and cummings doesn't run in behind much.

allezsauzee
18-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Didn't take our chances and therefore didn't win. Nothing to do with lack of effort or bottle...and I'll be happy with a 2-1 win against Livvy

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Didn't take our chances and therefore didn't win. Nothing to do with lack of effort or bottle...and I'll be happy with a 2-1 win against Livvy

:top marks

neil7908
18-04-2015, 04:59 PM
That was one of the most one-sided defeats you'll see for some time.

I'm in disbelief at how we've managed to lose today.

Agree we were by far the better team but not sure how anyone could be in disbelief given Hibs never turn up for big games and Falkirk have got a great record against us this season. After so many games where we've done well but failed to take our chances and got hit with a sucker punch you have to begin to think it's not just about luck...

greenlex
18-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Some reactionary pish on this thread. Deary me.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Hibs didn't score.

Falkirk did.

Its not just bad luck, it's poor finishing and poor play

But Martini Dry is still wet.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Some reactionary pish on this thread. Deary me.

Some apologist nonsense from the usual losers as well.

greenlex
18-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Apologist nonsense? Gimme a ****ing break. Deserved to win. Unlucky not to. What's to apologise for? Get a grip.

Pete
18-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Distraction over. Now it's down to business.

Three cup finals coming up and plenty to play for.

QOS dropping points means Falkirk won't take Ibrox lightly.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Apologist nonsense? Gimme a ****ing break. Deserved to win. Unlucky not to. What's to apologise for? Get a grip.

Loser.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Some apologist nonsense from the usual losers as well.

Losers? Way to go Spike.....Yes we lost, but we sure as hell deserved to win....

blackpoolhibs
We played well enough, but once again we are talking about another defeat. When you look at who we played to get to the semi, we have had it soooooo easy.

Yet once again its more failure and folk are being asked to move on and look towards Livingston.

There's only so many times you can kick a dog before it turns on you Hibs.:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
Loser.

That's pathetic.......

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:12 PM
We played well enough, but once again we are talking about another defeat. When you look at who we played to get to the semi, we have had it soooooo easy.

Yet once again its more failure and folk are being asked to move on and look towards Livingston.

There's only so many times you can kick a dog before it turns on you Hibs.:rolleyes:

What else is there to do? Chuck in the towel?

greenlex
18-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Loser.

Yer erse.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 05:17 PM
What else is there to do? Chuck in the towel?

You wont Brockie, but look around you on Wednesday. I'm surprised the fans are not to blame for todays result, it surely cant be far away.

As i said, you can only kick a dog so many times before it turns on you, and you look around you at Almondvale midweek, and see what results like today and the many others before have done.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Pathetic.

Away you go!! The players tried today but we couldn't score for love nor money! They had one chance and took it. We failed on the most important part of the game, putting the ball in the net!!

Pete
18-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Losers?

We can judge them at the end of the season.

Losing a semi isn't nice but we DO have so much more at stake!

greenlex
18-04-2015, 05:23 PM
At my age there isn't anything nice about losing a semi.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Today was a home run. No excuses.

Falkirk are a bang average mid table lower league side. They put us under next to no pressure today.

We are a better team. We have better players

We played a little bit better than them today but hardly overran them.

We hit the ref twice today but so what. We hit the post and the bar today but again so what? That is called missing.

Defeat in such a critical game really was inexcusable but as ever we have people lining up with excuse after excuse as they will when we **** up the play offs.

It isn't 'just one of those things' or bad luck it is failure to get something over the line.

We dust ourselves down and move on to the next game, sure, what choice doe we have, but results like todays are unacceptable if we are to acheive anything as a team.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Loser.

Loser? You'll get Scotland yard from here I f you post pish like that, absolutely no need for name calling or personal abuse.

Turkish Green
18-04-2015, 05:28 PM
My pre-match prediction was 0-0 then ET then penalties. The game had a goalless draw written all over it. But in the end a single goal was enough to win the game. Unlucky or just poor in front of goal, whatever it is last week's brace against the yams flattered.

0-0 games will not get them through the play-0ffs. A solution in front of goal needs to be found quickly.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:28 PM

So what are we meant to do?? Just not bother playing our remaining games? At the end of the day if you're not happy or not willing to back the team then that's your choice. I'll be there on Wednesday looking for 3 points while you power up the laptop to moan on here!!

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:32 PM

Falkirk are a bang average mid table lower league side. They put us under next to no pressure today.

We hit the ref twice today but so what. We hit the post and the bar today but again so what? That is called missing.

Defeat in such a critical game really was inexcusable but as ever we have people lining up with excuse after excuse as they will when we **** up the play offs.

It isn't 'just one of those things' or bad luck it is failure to get something over the line.

We dust ourselves down and move on to the next game, sure, what choice doe we have, but results like todays are unacceptable if we are to acheive anything as a team.

So with your reckoning we must be a complete failure as a team if we can't beat Falkirk this season.....? Were the league games not just as critical or is it just because it was a semi final that's different?

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 05:35 PM
This thread shows exactly how our expectation levels have fallen IMO. We've just lost to Falkirk and some people don't seem to think that's a disgrace because we should've won. We weren't unlucky we were just poor when it came down to doing the most important thing in football.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2015, 05:36 PM
So with your reckoning we must be a complete failure as a team if we can't beat Falkirk this season.....? Were the league games not just as critical or is it just because it was a semi final that's different?

You are probably right and failure to get promoted will be down to losing games against the likes of Falkirk.

However purely on today's game as a one off and Falkirk's team I think they were there to be beaten by the Hibs team we know we can be but we failed. No excuses.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 05:36 PM
So what are we meant to do?? Just not bother playing our remaining games? At the end of the day if you're not happy or not willing to back the team then that's your choice. I'll be there on Wednesday looking for 3 points while you power up the laptop to moan on here!!

Of course we have to go on, and of course people will turn up, but today is a typical example why we have threads on here berating those that don't go anymore and HAVE mainly given up.

I'd call it a losers mentality, something that happens all to often to this club, i certainly feel like a loser today.

emerald green
18-04-2015, 05:39 PM

Is losing to Falkirk three times out of four (the other one a draw) so far this season a sign of success or failure?

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:40 PM
This thread shows exactly how our expectation levels have fallen IMO. We've just lost to Falkirk and some people don't seem to think that's a disgrace because we should've won. We weren't unlucky we were just poor when it came down to doing the most important thing in football.

A disgrace? Really?

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Is losing to Falkirk three times out of four (the other one a draw) so far this season a sign of success or failure?
It's a miserable failure

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:41 PM
You are probably right and failure to get promoted will be down to losing games against the likes of Falkirk.

However purely on today's game as a one off and Falkirk's team I think they were there to be beaten by the Hibs team we know we can be but we failed. No excuses.

We were subject to the biggest smash and grab going....

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 05:43 PM
A disgrace? Really?

An absolute embarrassment. The day I look at it any other way is the day I pack it in. We've got an embarrassment of riches compared to Falkirk

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:44 PM
An absolute embarrassment. The day I look at it any other way is the day I pack it in. We've got an embarrassment of riches compared to Falkirk

aye ok then......

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 05:45 PM

I'd say it's blatantly obvious failure..

Football is a results driven business/game..

Our results have been bang average in a less than bang average league

green day
18-04-2015, 05:46 PM
There are some right radges out tonight. Drugs or drink chaps, just go for it and avoid sharp implements......

(I am going drink, but that's not unusual).

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:47 PM

Irrelevant. We have no right to just turn up and win. Falkirk are a decent side. Not pish or bang average that some are suggesting.

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 05:48 PM
aye ok then......

I'm sorry that you disagree but it's genuinely how I feel. I'm trying to stay positive for the remainder of the season, but I'm furious that we couldn't finish them off today.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry that you disagree but it's genuinely how I feel. I'm trying to stay positive for the remainder of the season, but I'm furious that we couldn't finish them off today.

I am hurting too, but wouldn't say losing was embarrassing. We got sucker punched, it happens.....

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:50 PM

What about 1-5 and 9-0? As bad as that or just a bad day at the office where we were unlucky not to score 4 or 5 on the day.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2015, 05:52 PM
There are some right radges out tonight. Drugs or drink chaps, just go for it and avoid sharp implements......

(I am going drink, but that's not unusual).

May I suggest you visit Hutchesontown bowling club. This was on their toilet door today........

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 05:53 PM
What about 1-5 and 9-0? As bad as that or just a bad day at the office where we were unlucky not to score 4 or 5 on the day.

Obviously the final defeat to hearts was worse. I wasn't bothered about the malmo result.
We're trying to portray our club as a premier league club in the championship, but we're looking like a championship club and starting to act like one as well.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Irrelevant. We have no right to just turn up and win. Falkirk are a decent side. Not pish or bang average that some are suggesting.

I'd say thats exactly what they are, bang average in a pish poor league. And thats 3 defeats and a draw we have so far against them.

How anyone thinks they are a decent side is beyond me?

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 05:58 PM
I'd say thats exactly what they are, bang average in a pish poor league. And thats 3 defeats and a draw we have so far against them.

How anyone thinks they are a decent side is beyond me?

Sometimes you just have to take then green tinted specs off. We are not a premier league standard team! We are in this division because we deserve to be. Same as Falkirk!

emerald green
18-04-2015, 06:00 PM
We were subject to the biggest smash and grab going....

Yet again. Just not good enough. You are clearly defending Hibs to the bitter end, and that's to your credit, but there has to come a point where it's reasonable to question why a club of the stature of Hibernian so often produce gut churning results like this. Is that not fair and reasonable? I'll be getting called a bed wetter next. :rolleyes:

It's not just bad luck. Teams make their own luck, and Hibs failed to do two of the basics of football, i.e. 1) put the ball in your opponents net from at least some of the numerous chances you create - Hibs couldn't muster up one goal today against a bang average team set up simply to frustrate and defend;

and 2) defend properly - the defence had hardly anything to do all afternoon yet conceded a poor goal from a rare Falkirk attack. How many times has that happened to Hibs this season? Far too often IMHO and that's why a lot of fans are rightly p***** off.

No wonder Alan Stubbs was shaking his head at the final whistle.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Sometimes you just have to take then green tinted specs off. We are not a premier league standard team! We are in this division because we deserve to be. Same as Falkirk!

I have heard folk talk about this league as if its a great league, its not as you have just admitted. Falkirk are not a decent side, they are average at best in THIS league.

Is this now the new excuse, we are not a premier league team anymore?

Green specs or not, we were given the easiest of chances in every round to reach the final, once again Hibs let us down.

Same old same old, just the excuses change.

AlbertK86
18-04-2015, 06:25 PM
I know folk are gutted and annoyed but hi that's life being a Hibby is it not!
Nearly 50 years of it now for me !!

We need to back the team and stay with them though.

Didn't bottle it just too many scared to or just simply don't have the composure to shoot

Wee Lewis been terrific for effort all season and thought he'd turned the corner with his shooting but yet again he had two clear cut chances and well better no say anymore

He ain't the only one culpable however

Farid and Jason both extremely poor compared to last week and even the classier players like McGeouch, Fyvie and Allan very rarely get a clean well timed accurate shot away.

As for the goal ... I've defended the Ox but no way should a boy of sibbald size be winning a ball in the air in Oxley's 6 yard box.

Sibbald is a fantastic wee player however!

We only have ourselves to blame for not winning today

Let's hope we turn up for the play offs and are more clinical

Let's not give up on them

We need to back them to the hilt and see if we can help our team get back where we belong

Yep another disappointment but lets put today behind us

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:27 PM

Didn't bottle it just too many scared to or just simply don't have the composure to shoot

Wee Lewis been terrific for effort all season and thought he'd turned the corner with his shooting but yet again he had two clear cut chances and well better no say anymore

Farid and Jason both extremely poor compared to last week and even the classier players like McGeouch, Fyvie and Allan very rarely get a clean well timed accurate shot away.

As for the goal ... I've defended the Ox but no way should a boy of sibbald size be winning a ball in the air in Oxley's 6 yard box.

We need to back them to the hilt and see if we can help our team get back where we belong

GGTTH

spot on

emerald green
18-04-2015, 06:31 PM

GGTTH

The bit in bold - I agree, but is that not what the Hibs supporters did today?

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 06:34 PM

GGTTH

Of course we will continue to back the team, we're all hibees, its just that some of us have a different opinion about today's result.

steviehibsleith
18-04-2015, 06:36 PM
The thread States inexcusable I wonder if on Monday morning LD will use the same words to AS ..... From a business front my director would be using a lot harsher words when reflecting on a Scottish Cup Final revenue loss so regardless of unlucky or whatever the hell excuse you want to band about the bottom line is That was inexcusable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
18-04-2015, 06:39 PM
We played well enough, but once again we are talking about another defeat. When you look at who we played to get to the semi, we have had it soooooo easy. Yet once again its more failure and folk are being asked to move on and look towards Livingston. There's only so many times you can kick a dog before it turns on you Hibs.:rolleyes:

We need to get there in big numbers and back them

If folk are prepared to stay away because we lost a game we totally dominated then in my opinion they need to get a grip

We need to regain momentum for the play offs and if you can make it and afford it get there and support the team

Promotion has always been the aim so let's put today behind is and concentrate on helping Stubbsy and the boys get up

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Should have won the game, but it was same old Hibs in the Scottish cup - losers. Yet another failed attempt.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 06:43 PM
We need to get there in big numbers and back them

If folk are prepared to stay away because we lost a game we totally dominated then in my opinion they need to get a grip

We need to regain momentum for the play offs and if you can make it and afford it get there and support the team

Promotion has always been the aim so let's put today behind is and concentrate on helping Stubbsy and the boys get up

GGTTH

Completely missing the point, if this was the first time i could understand but like it or not with every day like today another few folk come to the end of their tether.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 06:45 PM
How many times this season have we hear the same stories- "didn't take our chances" "we were the better team" etc

The reason we are 3rd in the table and out of the Scottish Cup is because of these reasons and it's not just "bad luck" it's obviously a lot more than that, starting off with the tactics

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Completely missing the point, if this was the first time i could understand but like it or not with every day like today another few folk come to the end of their tether.

Your football team is for life, if people chuck it after today, then that's pash imo

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:46 PM
How many times this season have we hear the same stories- "didn't take our chances" "we were the better team" etc

The reason we are 3rd in the table and out of the Scottish Cup is because of these reasons and it's not just "bad luck" it's obviously a lot more than that, starting off with the tactics

We could have won 3 or 4 zip today, would the tactics have been questioned then?

Pete
18-04-2015, 06:48 PM

So what is your point?...the one that we are all missing.

What can we, as supporters, do to help in the short and long term?

bigwheel
Be disappointed. Be gutted. But the team turned up today. Played we'll. just didn't take our chances. To make it any more than that is just emotion talking. ....

blackpoolhibs
Your football team is for life, if people chuck it after today, then that's pash imo

Not everyone thinks the way you do, and as i said its not just today is it? Travelled home with my mate Billy, he used to be a season ticket holder like me and went most weeks.

He's not going to any play off game we may play, and he won't be back for a long time if ever.

He's had enough.

GreenCastle
18-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Resources again - our fan base - season ticket holders - players we have V Falkirk wage bill etc.

We should be winning game like this - while we have no right to win any game it has been the most frustrating thing about Hibs the last few years.

Missed opportunities and losing when the odds are in your favour - it's happened far to many times and is really inexcusable.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Be disappointed. Be gutted. But the team turned up today. Played we'll. just didn't take our chances. To make it any more than that is just emotion talking. ....

:agree::agree::agree:

emerald green
18-04-2015, 06:52 PM
We could have won 3 or 4 zip today, would the tactics have been questioned then?

Could have, should have, but didn't. That's the reason the fans are disappointed yet again.

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Agree with the first sentence that we didn't necessarily bottle it.

But don't you think it's happened too often to be considered 'one of those days?'

How can it be anything other ? Loads of managers and hundreds of players have tried and still we can't get a break in these crunch games.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 06:53 PM
So what is your point?...the one that we are all missing.

What can we, as supporters, do to help in the short and long term?

Supporters can keep going and get behind the team, you dont need me to tell you that? But wait until Wednesday's game and watch the threads about the missing fans, folk asking where they have gone.

You don't need Einstein to know where they are but MORE importantly WHY.

greenlex
18-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Not everyone thinks the way you do, and as i said its not just today is it? Travelled home with my mate Billy, he used to be a season ticket holder like me and went most weeks.

He's not going to any play off game we may play, and he won't be back for a long time if ever.

He's had enough.
Lightweight.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Could have, should have, but didn't. That's the reason the fans are disappointed yet again.

Disappointed yes, but some of the criticism is way OTT

greenlex
18-04-2015, 06:56 PM
The thread States inexcusable I wonder if on Monday morning LD will use the same words to AS ..... From a business front my director would be using a lot harsher words when reflecting on a Scottish Cup Final revenue loss so regardless of unlucky or whatever the hell excuse you want to band about the bottom line is That was inexcusable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkwhat a load of ****ing bollocks.

emerald green
18-04-2015, 06:58 PM

The bit in bold. It may be like that for you, but it's not for everyone I don't think. Are you saying you don't know a single former Hibs supporter?

I know quite a few folk who would probably call themselves "Hibs minded", who used to go to Hibs matches fairly regularly, but don't anymore because they reached the point where they didn't want any more disappointments.

Not everyone has the same level of commitment to supporting Hibs as you appear to have.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2015, 07:00 PM

What im trying to say is that is it just a coincidence that we don't take our chances against these so called smaller teams? Looking over the past few weeks- Raith, Qots, Falkirk and that's not the first time it's occured this season.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Supporters can keep going and get behind the team, you dont need me to tell you that? But wait until Wednesday's game and watch the threads about the missing fans, folk asking where they have gone.

You don't need Einstein to know where they are but MORE importantly WHY.

While I will go back I won't be there on Wednesday as not for the first time this season am pissed off we couldn't win a game when on top and a so called smaller team with a ***** support put us out the cup and embarrass us Different manager ,different players and we still get out fought ,can't score and can't keep a clean sheet am ****ing Gutted as we really needed the cup final money to help given we are unlikely to go up IMO

Pete
18-04-2015, 07:02 PM
The bit in bold. It may be like that for you, but it's not for everyone I don't think. Are you saying you don't know a single former Hibs supporter?

I know quite a few folk who would probably call themselves "Hibs minded", who used to go to Hibs matches fairly regularly, but don't anymore because they reached the point where they didn't want any more disappointments.

Not everyone has the same level of commitment to supporting Hibs as you appear to have.

Successful teams get bigger crowds and poor teams get smalker ones on a gradual basis. I don't think we're any different and crowds will improve when we do.

It's a shame there has only been downward curves in fortune to prove my point. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
18-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Completely agree. Once again it wasn't to be. Played them off the park and still lost.

We'll support you ever more. Or for some when we reach semi finals or finals.

Asshole sitting next to me gave the team dogs abuse most of the game and even called one of our players a black C. Can do without that kind of supporter.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 07:04 PM
While I will go back I won't be there on Wednesday as not for the first time this season am pissed off we couldn't win a game when on top and a so called smaller team with a ***** support put us out the cup and embarrass us Different manager ,different players and we still get out fought ,can't score and can't keep a clean sheet am ****ing Gutted as we really needed the cup final money to help given we are unlikely to go up IMO

We were not out fought though.......

emerald green
18-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Disappointed yes, but some of the criticism is way OTT

I can only speak for myself, but I think some of the critcism stems from sheer frustration at seeing Hibs being the architects of their own downfall yet again.

I hope my criticism isn't OTT. I'm just giving my honest opinions. I've supported this club for a long time and I desperately want to see it doing well and realising its full potential at long last. Results like today's falls way short of that IMHO, and I don't think it's out of order to say that.

steviehibsleith
18-04-2015, 07:06 PM
what a load of ****ing bollocks.
Really so our chief executive will be brimming with joy that we have just lost out on Ł300,000 additional revenue by a team on half our budget !

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Completely agree. Once again it wasn't to be. Played them off the park and still lost.

Asshole sitting next to me gave the team dogs abuse most of the game and even called one of our players a black C. Can do without that kind of supporter.

That's ridiculous.....Hate to hear that.......

Seen guys throwing scarves, and some asking why we were applauding the team off the park............

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 07:08 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I think some of the critcism stems from sheer frustration at seeing Hibs being the architects of their own downfall yet again.

I hope my criticism isn't OTT. I'm just giving my honest opinions. I've supported this club for a long time and I desperately want to see it doing well and realising its full potential at long last. Results like today's falls way short of that IMHO, and I don't think it's out of order to say that.

:aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-04-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm a bit meh tbh, how many decent 2nd tier teams win the Scottish cup?

We have a long way to go.

MSK
18-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Really so our chief executive will be brimming with joy that we have just lost out on Ł300,000 additional revenue by a team on half our budget !Of course not ..we fully expect Stubbs to be strapped to a chair bollock naked..feet in a basin of water & live wires attatched to his balls !! ...at the very least ..

Elephant Stone
18-04-2015, 07:12 PM

I always sit next to some utter dregs at Hampden, the kind of folk who come out the woodwork for the semis and finals, demand to be entertained and have an absolute tantrum the whole game pretty much regardless of what's happening on the pitch. Heard the racism too.
Really wish these people would stay at home.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 07:12 PM
I've nothing else to say to be fair so I'll just post this recipe...

450ml (16 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
150g (5 oz) caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g (9 oz) plain flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder

😎👍🏼

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Of course not ..we fully expect Stubbs to be strapped to a chair bollock naked..feet in a basin of water & live wires attatched to his balls !! ...at the very least ..

I like the sound of that, can I volunteer to take the place of Stubbsy?:greengrin

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:13 PM

Ultimately it's your choice but there will be folk thinking exactly the same way as you who are all too quick to come on here and berate the team should we lose on Wednesday despite them not being at the game.

MSK
18-04-2015, 07:14 PM
I like the sound of that, can I volunteer to take the place of Stubbsy?:greengrinAye ..Petries doing you though ...:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Ultimately it's your choice but there will be folk thinking exactly the same way as you who are all too quick to come on here and berate the team should we lose on Wednesday despite them not being at the game.

Well if they have watched it on the telly like i will be, we will be entitled to our view.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:15 PM
That's ridiculous.....Hate to hear that.......

Seen guys throwing scarves, and some asking why we were applauding the team off the park............

There was a complete roaster behind us who gave a running commentary on everything and constantly slated Robertson. :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-04-2015, 07:16 PM

150g (5 oz) caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
250g (9 oz) plain flour



That's a recipe for disaster.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Aye ..Petries doing you though ...:greengrin

:smokin:smug:

Ray_
There is little doubt the once fine reputation our club once had, has been absolutely shattered in recent years by some dreadful teams and results.

Sure, we used to get odd results that used to cause embarrassment, Clyde in the 58 cup final. Colin Stein inspired 1-6 at Ibrox and even the 1-6 1972 final, where we didn't actually play too badly. Recent years have really seriously dented the reputation of hibs as a club and to hear some of the excuses we use, is beyond me.

No matter what league we are in, we shouldn't be without a win against the current Falkirk side in four attempts. How many times, when we fail to score against [small] teams sitting in, as did Falkirk today, are we going to say we were unlucky, unlikely more like..

We played on a wide Hampden pitch and we were clueless on how to break them down. Far smaller teams regularly get the better of us, that pattern is not bad luck, it shows the ineptitude of the players representing our team. We spent last season seriously lacking pace, especially in the wide positions, we are an easy target for teams, this season, because we lack pace out wide.

Look at what we were competing against this season, well, we didn't compete against hearts & we had the worst Rangers team and management ever and even although we gained six more points in the head to head against Rangers, we still trail them. And our record against the rest of the teams near the top is awful.

I read the Falkirk fans forum this morning and it wasn't Hibs that frightened them, it was the fact their team was playing poorly, really says it all about this big city club.

GreenCastle
Someone tell us the list of so called smaller teams that have knocked us out of the cups in last 20 years..simply far too many.

Cup shocks happen and while today wasn't a complete shock we should have enough to win the game. To not beat Falkirk all season is a disgrace on its own.

Pete
18-04-2015, 07:19 PM

150g (5 oz) caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
250g (9 oz) plain flour

😎👍🏼

You sound like my wife.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 07:19 PM
You sound like my wife.

How do you know I'm not?!

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Well if they have watched it on the telly like i will be, we will be entitled to our view.

You cannot judge a team or individual player performances accurately by watching a match on tv imo.

Pete
18-04-2015, 07:22 PM
How do you know I'm not?!

She's a y..y..yam!

:greengrin

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 07:23 PM
She's a y..y..yam!

:greengrin

Oh dear god! I'll pop round soon and give you hug 😄

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 07:23 PM
You cannot judge a team or individual player performances accurately by watching a match on tv imo.

Nonsense, in fact with replays and slow motion i will see a damn sight more than you.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Read the first page of this thread and that was enough .... we bloomin played them off the park and got shafted by a smash & grab goal. The team deserve nothing but our backing for a great effort which came nowhere near the reward it deserved, we were robbed by a team who man for man and as a unit were nowhere near us and got lucky by creating one decent chance which they managed to take.

Sod this crap....... next stop the play offs !!!

C'mon Hibs !!! :flag:

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 07:25 PM
I won't berate the team if not at game Hemit , but we haven't beaten Falkirk in four games this season and as someone who travels a fair distance to watch my team that's simply not good enough imo .

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Nonsense, in fact with replays and slow motion i will see a damn sight more than you.

Thats fine, but I'd rather be at the game instead of in an arse groove on the sofa! :sofa:

greenlex
18-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Really so our chief executive will be brimming with joy that we have just lost out on Ł300,000 additional revenue by a team on half our budget !
Aye really. Do you think she will sit him down and read him the riot act? His performance and the teams performance was decent IMO. I called it at Half time that it wasn't going to be our day. What else do you want Stubbs and his coaching team to do? Get on the park and put the ball in the net. This side has travelled far in a short space of time and the coaching staff and Stubbs must take great credit it for that. The players must take great credit for that. We lost a semi final we should have won. Fans are unhappy about it. Hell IM unhappy about it but it's football. it happens. The reaction of a good number on here is baffling to be honest.
i don't think there will be any sackings on the back of this and while the financial miss is a blow won't be budgeted for so you will be way off the mark.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 07:29 PM
We were not out fought though.......
Not totally but in second half we won balls but they seemed to then regain possession. .They played ball into forward players and it seemed to stick and they played other players in we put it wide and played in balls they dealt with comfortably for the most part

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Thats fine, but I'd rather be at the game instead of in an arse groove on the sofa! :sofa:

And i salute you for your continued support. :top marks

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:34 PM
And i salute you for your continued support. :top marks

If you still lived here would you be going on Wednesday ?

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 07:37 PM
If you still lived here would you be going on Wednesday ?

Probably. :crazy:

hibee-boys
18-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Just back from Hampden and the title of this thread encapsulates exactly how I feel. I've not read a single reply purely because I couldn't care less how the 'majority' feel. I've spent most of this season trying to persuade lapsed hibs fans to come along to Easter Road in the promise of a new regime, new outlook, better football....etc. After sitting through another Hampden horror story I can honestly say that the club that I love (loved) has finally pushed me to the point where even I've given up. Thank God that the golf season has started as I, and 4 fellow season ticket holders, will not be back, this season.....or next.

steviehibsleith
18-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Aye really. Do you think she will sit him down and read him the riot act? His performance and the teams performance was decent IMO. I called it at Half time that it wasn't going to be our day. What else do you want Stubbs and his coaching team to do? Get on the park and put the ball in the net. This side has travelled far in a short space of time and the coaching staff and Stubbs must take great credit it for that. The players must take great credit for that. We lost a semi final we should have won. Fans are unhappy about it. Hell IM unhappy about it but it's football. it happens. The reaction of a good number on here is baffling to be honest.
i don't think there will be any sackings on the back of this and while the financial miss is a blow won't be budgeted for so you will be way off the mark.
Ok so we are both unhappy at todays result and yes it couldnt be budgeted for but the fact is we should be in a final with a massive financial bonus which could have been used for next season. There is no excuse for us losing today we are a bigger team than Falkirk if we dont believe that then we are a mid table Championship team.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Just back from Hampden and the title of this thread encapsulates exactly how I feel. I've not read a single reply purely because I couldn't care less how the 'majority' feel. I've spent most of this season trying to persuade lapsed hibs fans to come along to Easter Road in the promise of a new regime, new outlook, better football....etc. After sitting through another Hampden horror story I can honestly say that the club that I love (loved) has finally pushed me to the point where even I've given up. Thank God that the golf season has started as I, and 4 fellow season ticket holders, will not be back, this season.....or next.

Even if we win promotion, hb? We're all angry (yet again) but hopefully you'll have a re-think when the blood pressure has dropped.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Knee jerk reaction?? If not, abandon ship! :bye:

Billy Mac
18-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I believe the main issue here is as we have seen too often this season The manager and his man team seem to have no plan B, we carry on as we did in first half EVEN THOUGH FALKIRK altered things we did not.This happens far too often and as we enter play offs we seem to be the team easily out played tactics wise..we have better players but the time is NOW to get the tactics right and flexible as each game progresses !!!!!Falkirk could play us again and again and it will probably still be the same result UNLESS we wise up that there is more to football than just good players .Stevenson has slipped rather badly in recent weeks as our expectation rise his standard drops , other than that the boys worked hard and deserved better guidance.Snapping at the chances is not what we expect..in that respect we let ourselves down ,but let us LEARN from this and fast .Stay Positive
None and no awareness at the back from Goalkeeper to back 4/5.Do they talk to each other? Will the Goalkeeper EVER command his box and TALK to his defenders! Huffed, puffed, no cutting edge and fragile at the back. Yep, same old same old. 17000 sickened fans return along the M8 for more mocking Gorgie pish. Nothing changes.

Elephant Stone
18-04-2015, 07:45 PM

Hampden horror story? We hit the bar, the post, side netting, had 13 shots, compared to their 4 and lost cause of what seemed like their only shot on target. It was an absolute fluke, we deserve to be in the final. It happens.

Hope the golf doesn't frighten you too bad.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Read the first page of this thread and that was enough .... we bloomin played them off the park and got shafted by a smash & grab goal. The team deserve nothing but our backing for a great effort which came nowhere near the reward it deserved, we were robbed by a team who man for man and as a unit were nowhere near us and got lucky by creating one decent chance which they managed to take.

Sod this crap....... next stop the play offs !!!

C'mon Hibs !!! :flag:

:top marks:top marks:flag::flag:

basehibby
18-04-2015, 07:50 PM
This entire thread is a pile of *****. They played Falkirk off the pitch, hit post, bar and missed chances.They were very, very unlucky. Compare the entire style of play to Fenlon's and Butcher's dross - it's night and day. Compare the entire team to the pish Stubbs inherited - it's night and day. See the bigger picture - we have improved massively.

I'm as gutted as anyone else - and I'd wager, age wise, I've experienced more Hibs Hampden misery than many posting here, and I am very, very pissed off right now. But there IS a bigger picture and this nonsensical overreaction helps no-one. Catch a grip for Christ's sake.

Billy Mac
18-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Score goals, keeper that talks and commands a 6 yard box and player awareness of a someone drifting behind you to have a clear header after ur' team have not kicked a ball for 80 percent of the game!? Yep, that's Hibs.Size 13 foot, let's shoot ourselves in it YET again.EVERY TIME When it matters.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Score goals, keeper that talks and commands a 6 yard box and player awareness of a someone drifting behind you to have a clear header after ur' team have not kicked a ball for 80 percent of the game!? Yep, that's Hibs.Size 13 foot, let's shoot ourselves in it YET again.EVERY TIME When it matters.

Translate please! :confused:

Onion
18-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Very disappointing. A lot of our players will never, ever get a better chance to play in a national cup final. Falkirk were awful, yet still did enough to beat us. The Final is going to be oh so exciting.....

Pete
18-04-2015, 08:27 PM
A lot of our players will never, ever get a better chance to play in a national cup final.

You reckon?

We've reached two finals and a semi in the last three years while we've been utter pish. Think about how well we will do once we start getting our act together. :hmmm:

Vini1875
18-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Yes we got beat by an anti football outfit. Yes we have room for improvement. As a club we need to be more in lots of ways but I see improvement. I don't think this bunch of players did not give their all for the cause and on the day it was not good enough. However we are a long way from being a team that can be accused of inexcusable defeats. We are better but we are not brilliant.

Swedish hibee
18-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Wow. Some folk on here should just step away from the keyboard :rolleyes:

emerald green
18-04-2015, 08:48 PM

In what way is my question irrelevant? Who said anything about having a right to just turn up and win? Not me. Hibs haven't managed that in four attempts against Falkirk this season FFS.

Falkirk are a side that doesn't even look like making the play-offs in a second tier Scottish league. I would say that's about as bang average as it gets. If you think Falkirk are "a decent side" I would hate to see a crap side.

All they do when they play Hibs is pack their defence and wait for their chance and score. Like today. It's up to Hibs to take their chances and defend properly, which they failed to do. Like today.

tamig
18-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Some pish on this thread. However, my tuppence worth is that it encapsulates our season so far. We batter teams but we don't score - and it costs us. We weren't great today but that game should have been done and dusted by half time. Plenty for Stubbs to work at.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Hampden horror story? We hit the bar, the post, side netting, had 13 shots, compared to their 4 and lost cause of what seemed like their only shot on target. It was an absolute fluke, we deserve to be in the final. It happens.

Hope the golf doesn't frighten you too bad.

We lost a Scottish cup semi final in front of 17k hibees against *****y, 2 bit, fuddly Falkirk..

That's a horror story!

The continual playing down of our bottling, *****ness & overall loser mentality is what got us relegated & will keep us down

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 09:29 PM
We lost a Scottish cup semi final in front of 17k hibees against *****y, 2 bit, fuddly Falkirk..

That's a horror story!

The continual playing down of our bottling, *****ness & overall loser mentality is what got us relegated & will keep us down

What a load of tripe .... FFS call Hibs out if they bottle it, but where did they bottle anything today? .... For 75 out of 90 minutes they won every 2nd ball and never shirked a tackle ..... sometimes the best team doesn't win and today that was us.

Mibbes Aye
18-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Some pish on this thread. However, my tuppence worth is that it encapsulates our season so far. We batter teams but we don't score - and it costs us. We weren't great today but that game should have been done and dusted by half time. Plenty for Stubbs to work at.

Best summary I've read yet :aok:

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 09:34 PM
What a load of tripe .... FFS call Hibs out if they bottle it, but where did they bottle anything today? .... For 75 out of 90 minutes they won every 2nd ball and never shirked a tackle ..... sometimes the best team doesn't win and today that was us.

Tripe aye? 114 years of tripe?

I'll reconsider IF we get promoted, otherwise I'm spot on

IberianHibernian
18-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Some pish on this thread. However, my tuppence worth is that it encapsulates our season so far. We batter teams but we don't score - and it costs us. We weren't great today but that game should have been done and dusted by half time. Plenty for Stubbs to work at.Agree entirely . Falkirk were weaker today than when we played them before but 1 draw from 4 matches isn`t just bad luck . Same with games against Raith or against Hearts ( any neutral would have said we should have had 10 or 12 points from 4 Derbies ) . Plenty for Stubbs to work at though I don`t think he can do much this season except hope we start taking chances and get some luck . Whatever division we`re in next year , we`re going to need better strikers or at least play to their strengths more .

neil7908
18-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Knee jerk reaction?? If not, abandon ship! :bye:

Here's the problem with these kind of results - how many fans do you think Hibs have lost over the years on the back of these kind of days? How much money do you think that the club has lost from all those thousands of folk that dont go any more? Without TV money in Scotland we need as many fans as possible and I have real fears that failure to win promotion this year will see a further exodus leaving us with the support levels of a middling Scottish lower league club. And what will happen to us then I wonder?

Some fans seem to make a p***ing contest of it and if you're not a deemed a 'diehard' then you can get to... Just saying keep the faith, onwards and upwards etc just isn't enough for some anymore and sadly their support matters to the club just as much as any other fans.

We need any many people coming to ER as possible but these results, no matter how people dress them up, damage the club not just in the short term but really affect us going forward.

Sammy7nil
18-04-2015, 09:54 PM

Sort of agree. BUT first i must say we were unlucky today it is still unacceptable as u make your own luck. Just once i would like to see Hibs played off the park at Hampden But hang in there fight like lions and steal a totally undserved win it simply never happens we as a club dont have that heart or bravery.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Tripe aye? 114 years of tripe?

I'll reconsider IF we get promoted, otherwise I'm spot on

:violin:

Hibs1992
18-04-2015, 09:57 PM
1-5 was inexcusable
0-9 Malmo was inexusable

Okay so let's just stop going and be done with it then eh...

RickyS
18-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Sort of agree. BUT first i must say we were unlucky today it is still unacceptable as u make your own luck. Just once i would like to see Hibs played off the park at Hampden But hang in there fight like lions and steal a totally undserved win it simply never happens we as a club dont have that heart or bravery.

sad but true

emerald green
18-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Here's the problem with these kind of results - how many fans do you think Hibs have lost over the years on the back of these kind of days? How much money do you think that the club has lost from all those thousands of folk that dont go any more? Without TV money in Scotland we need as many fans as possible and I have real fears that failure to win promotion this year will see a further exodus leaving us with the support levels of a middling Scottish lower league club. And what will happen to us then I wonder?

Some fans seem to make a p***ing contest of it and if you're not a deemed a 'diehard' then you can get to... Just saying keep the faith, onwards and upwards etc just isn't enough for some anymore and sadly their support matters to the club just as much as any other fans.

We need any many people coming to ER as possible but these results, no matter how people dress them up, damage the club not just in the short term but really affect us going forward.

:agree: Spot on. Especially the last sentence. It doesn't matter how "unlucky" Hibs were. The fact is they lost once again in a very important match for the club and its supporters. It actually makes it worse that it's a game Hibs really should have won. We beat ourselves basically. Snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

These defeats, and the manner of these defeats, damage morale amongst supporters, and damage the club financially when the club can least afford it.

PolmontHibby
18-04-2015, 10:23 PM

the last semi against Falkirk springs to mind....ripped to bits defensively in a first half that should have been 4 nowt half time.....yet somehow got a win. If that's not showing fight I don't know what is.

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 10:27 PM

That's a horror story!

greenlex
18-04-2015, 10:33 PM

That's a horror story!

For want of z better phrase. Away and throw ***** at herself. Hibs didn't bottle today. Fans like you need to stop this ****ing nonsense. Horror story my arse.if it keeps idiots like you away from games then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sammy7nil
18-04-2015, 10:38 PM
the last semi against Falkirk springs to mind....ripped to bits defensively in a first half that should have been 4 nowt half time.....yet somehow got a win. If that's not showing fight I don't know what is.

Yeah we were fantastic after gifting a very average team a 3 goal lead. Falkirk did not out plays us they were not capable which shows how poor they were. They had 4 chances scored 3 then were dire for the remainder of game

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 10:40 PM
For want of z better phrase. Away and throw ***** at herself. Hibs didn't bottle today. Fans like you need to stop this ****ing nonsense. Horror story my arse.if it keeps idiots like you away from games then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
How would you describe losing to an under strength Falkirk team in a semi final of a competition we haven't won in over a 100 years? We should have won today but we didn't. The embarrassing record gets worse yet some on here seem all to happy to accept it.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 10:48 PM
How would you describe losing to an under strength Falkirk team in a semi final of a competition we haven't won in over a 100 years? We should have won today but we didn't. The embarrassing record gets worse yet some on here seem all to happy to accept it.

Nobody is accepting anything LB ..... That was a game we were capable of winning, but we didn't .... if we had been crap and been turned over I would be as critical as anybody ... but we weren't.

greenlex
18-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Unlucky. Plain and simple. There were players not at their best today. It happens. They get one chance and take it. We were dominant from start to finish. It's football. It happens. I see nothing to be embarrassed about. I think this is the crux of the matter. It's because it's a Scottish cup Semi final. It's because it's only Falkirk. (A team that we haven't beat all season that and that in itself is puzzling me why folk think we should just turn up and beat them. A bit like that Livi final. A teM that was sitting well above us in the league.) I'm far from embarrassed about today. The over reaction is par for the course sadly. I wish to **** folk would calm the **** down and get behind the club for the remainder of the season instead of spitting the dummy out.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Shocking that Hibs lose that game today. Really really poor that we lose that game no unluckily we were just pish

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Unlucky. Plain and simple. There were players not at their best today. It happens. They get one chance and take it. We were dominant from start to finish. It's football. It happens. I see nothing to be embarrassed about. I think this is the crux of the matter. It's because it's a Scottish cup Semi final. It's because it's only Falkirk. (A team that we haven't beat all season that and that in itself is puzzling me why folk think we should just turn up and beat them. A bit like that Livi final. A teM that was sitting well above us in the league.) I'm far from embarrassed about today. The over reaction is par for the course sadly. I wish to **** folk would calm the **** down and get behind the club for the remainder of the season instead of spitting the dummy out.
I can only speak for myself, but I will be behind the team for the remainder of the season, it won't stop me expressing my disappointment at what I watched today.

Sammy7nil
18-04-2015, 10:55 PM

Yes we were unlucky but
Peeps have had enough hard luck stories it is not only about today.. Hibs have lost THOUSANDS of fans in recent years and they aint coming back.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes we were unlucky but
Peeps have had enough hard luck stories it is not only about today.. Hibs have lost THOUSANDS of fans in recent years and they aint coming back.

No we were not unlucky. We were poor.

Pete
18-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Yes we were unlucky but

I'm sorry but how the hell do you know that thousands "ain't coming back"?

Fans are fickle and they'll come back to watch a winning team. You can say that with more certainty than some of the negative, doomsday scenario garbage I'm hearing.

lord bunberry
18-04-2015, 11:03 PM
We were poor, we should have scored 2 or 3 but we didn't. Not because we were unlucky but because we were poor.

greenlex
18-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Yes we were unlucky but
Well here's the thing. They can all FRO as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick to the back teeth of the over reaction to a loss. I'm sick to the back teeth of winging era holes that haven't a clue. I really hope they really mean it when they say they won't be back. I saw some absolute ********s today after that game. Complete wallopers. If they wish to not come back then great. I'd rather be in a crowd of six thousand fans that support the team than twenty thousand where half get on the teams back. I'm also sick of this place too. I haven't spent as much time on here as I used to and I know why. It's about as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist. I'm out

Pete
18-04-2015, 11:05 PM

We weren't poor, we were unlucky.

It's all very well being disappointed but it's turning into unwarranted criticism.

We switched off for a moment and were punished. A big difference.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-04-2015, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=peter douglas;4352556]We weren't poor, we were unlucky.

It's all very well being disappointed but it's turning into unwarranted criticism.

We switched off for a moment and were punished. A big difference.[/QUOTE

Nah I think poor.

Hiber-nation
18-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Well here's the thing. They can all FRO as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick to the back teeth of the over reaction to a loss. I'm sick to the back teeth of winging era holes that haven't a clue. I really hope they really mean it when they say they won't be back. I saw some absolute ********s today after that game. Complete wallopers. If they wish to not come back then great. I'd rather be in a crowd of six thousand fans that support the team than twenty thousand where half get on the teams back. I'm also sick of this place too. I haven't spent as much time on here as I used to and I know why. It's about as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist. I'm out

Great post.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 11:44 PM

Aye because todays over reaction is just about todays great result. Your wish of 6 thousand supporters is about to come to fruition, although quite why you'd call 11 thousand folk who went today wallopers i dont know?

All i saw was a crowd of Hibs fans get behind the team today, maybe the dentist is the place you should visit more often?

Ricky Bobby
18-04-2015, 11:47 PM
I think we are a side with more ability than Hertz, but the fact is that they would have put Falkirk away today quite easily. We need to start games how we finished the game today.

neil7908
19-04-2015, 12:38 AM

In terms of the bit in bold I think thats a strange statement - where do you think we get the majority of our money from? Do you think Hibs as an institution, as a club, want less folk turning up? Do you think the fans are to blame for that loss or our relegation?

I think some people on here almost like seeing us when we're down so they can be seen to be the most 'uber' fans. I have serious concerns about us becoming a permanent Scottish lower league team with 3-4K folk turning up every week who dont care what condition the club are in as its just a ritual for them that they'll never give up. Not aiming this at you btw but I just get that impression sometimes. I've never booed my team but at the same time I dont blame people for doing so after a bad loss like this, especially with some of the results we've seen in the last few years.

We need all the support we can get and shouldn't be telling people to GTF. We've taken a big hit financially going down and now missing out on the final is another blow. There are plenty of decent, loyal Hibs fan out there (myself included) who are beginning to think of better things to do with themselves on a Saturday afternoon and believe me losing 1,000s of them is very, very bad for the club.

Tinribs
19-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Look at our record in Scottish cup semi's and finals. Sick of hearing about bad luck. Sick of underachieving in these games.

Another golden opportunity blown today. It is inexcusable and fans have a right to furious. Another great turnout let down by ineptitude and meek surrender.

We are a team in the second tier of Scottish football, as are they. We have NOT underachieved in SC games in recent years, if anything we have overachieved, giving the impression that we are a decent side.

Be furious all you want, i am just gutted.

Bristolhibby
19-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Good luck for falkirk in their day out in the sun geting horsed by Celtic. Saved me some sheckles coming up for the final.

No way we are going up.

Who genuinely believes we can perform over 6 cup finals?

Hibs manage new inventive ways of kicking us in the balls.

J

Bristolhibby
19-04-2015, 01:21 AM
:agree: Spot on. Especially the last sentence. It doesn't matter how "unlucky" Hibs were. The fact is they lost once again in a very important match for the club and its supporters. It actually makes it worse that it's a game Hibs really should have won. We beat ourselves basically. Snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

These defeats, and the manner of these defeats, damage morale amongst supporters, and damage the club financially when the club can least afford it.

Who's looking forward to out "three points" at Falkirk next week?

J

Pete
19-04-2015, 01:22 AM
In terms of the bit in bold I think thats a strange statement - where do you think we get the majority of our money from? Do you think Hibs as an institution, as a club, want less folk turning up? Do you think the fans are to blame for that loss or our relegation?

I think some people on here almost like seeing us when we're down so they can be seen to be the most 'uber' fans. I have serious concerns about us becoming a permanent Scottish lower league team with 3-4K folk turning up every week who dont care what condition the club are in as its just a ritual for them that they'll never give up. Not aiming this at you btw but I just get that impression sometimes. I've never booed my team but at the same time I dont blame people for doing so after a bad loss like this, especially with some of the results we've seen in the last few years.

We need all the support we can get and shouldn't be telling people to GTF. We've taken a big hit financially going down and now missing out on the final is another blow. There are plenty of decent, loyal Hibs fan out there (myself included) who are beginning to think of better things to do with themselves on a Saturday afternoon and believe me losing 1,000s of them is very, very bad for the club.

I'm sorry but if you're a loyal fan who is considering taking up golf instead of following hibs because you don't like losing games then fans who stick at it regardless have every right to tell you to GTF.

There is this common idea that hard done by fans need an arm round their shoulder and a sympathetic plea to keep with it. As far as I'm concerned this is the duty of the club.

What do you want? Fellow fans to beg you not to leave or to come back while they are the ones keeping the club alive?

Your comment about people enjoying supporting us when we're down so they can somehow elevate their status is preposterous and insulting. As is the one where you say that the 3-4k that would turn up regardless somehow don't care about the condition of the club.

It's another argument where people who have basically become customers are trying to spin things around. People who go regardless are now the ones harming the club as they aren't taking militant action to effect change...which usually means getting rid of a blame figure.

If anyone is wanting to be seen to be an "uber fan" it is those who are that emotionally effected by recent events that they simply have to take action by not going. They sit in pubs or post on here telling all and sundry how their lifelong love affair has been brought to an end by these terrible events caused by terrible people. Wow...what principles. I wish I loved my football club as much as they do. Maybe one day blind attendance and faith will be beneath me.

Bristolhibby
19-04-2015, 01:23 AM
for want of z better phrase. Away and throw ***** at herself. Hibs didn't bottle today. Fans like you need to stop this ****ing nonsense. Horror story my arse.if it keeps idiots like you away from games then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

wtf?!?

J

Bristolhibby
19-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Yes we were unlucky but

Imagine getting Celtic in the final and repeating 2013 or 2012.

No thanks.

It would be the Hibs way that ICT win today.

New ways to totally ability to **** it up.

J

Northern Hibby
19-04-2015, 01:42 AM
I'm a bit half and half yes I think in footballing terms we played better, no we didn't put the ball in the back of the net which is a big part of football, all teams need to do is make it difficult for us, whether that be parking the bus or getting up in our faces, and we run out of ideas, we never stopped trying today which is a plus, but let's all remember we are a work in progress, battling for 2nd place and a cup semi is progress from where we where at the end of last season/beginning of this one

GGTTH

HappyAsHellas
19-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Good luck for falkirk in their day out in the sun geting horsed by Celtic. Saved me some sheckles coming up for the final.

No way we are going up.

Who genuinely believes we can perform over 6 cup finals?

Hibs manage new inventive ways of kicking us in the balls.

J

I do, because I've watched us progress over the season into quite a tidy footballing team. Thankfully, other like minded people will cheer the team on till the rest of the season, will you?

JimBHibees
19-04-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm sorry but if you're a loyal fan who is considering taking up golf instead of following hibs because you don't like losing games then fans who stick at it regardless have every right to tell you to GTF.

There is this common idea that hard done by fans need an arm round their shoulder and a sympathetic plea to keep with it. As far as I'm concerned this is the duty of the club.

What do you want? Fellow fans to beg you not to leave or to come back while they are the ones keeping the club alive?

Your comment about people enjoying supporting us when we're down so they can somehow elevate their status is preposterous and insulting. As is the one where you say that the 3-4k that would turn up regardless somehow don't care about the condition of the club.

It's another argument where people who have basically become customers are trying to spin things around. People who go regardless are now the ones harming the club as they aren't taking militant action to effect change...which usually means getting rid of a blame figure.

If anyone is wanting to be seen to be an "uber fan" it is those who are that emotionally effected by recent events that they simply have to take action by not going. They sit in pubs or post on here telling all and sundry how their lifelong love affair has been brought to an end by these terrible events caused by terrible people. Wow...what principles. I wish I loved my football club as much as they do. Maybe one day blind attendance and faith will be beneath me.

Fantastic post.

Ray_
19-04-2015, 07:48 AM
We weren't poor, we were unlucky.

We switched off for a moment and were punished. A big difference.

Funny, I thought we were poor, we failed to score against a weakened distantly average team, that we have failed to beat in four attempts this season.

How many times have we been unlucky against inferior teams that pack their defence? Far too often to call it unlucky. Using the wing backs we have, is usually OK when we play the bigger teams and they come at us, but when teams sit back and are organised, we are ineffective out wide as our personnel do not posses the pace or the guile to hurt teams. It is not unlucky that we failed to get any quality from wide positions and this left us trying and ultimately failing, to penetrate through the middle, we are an easy team to sus and it has been demonstrated time and again this season, that is why we have lost so many points against teams such as Falkirk.

Dashing Bob S
19-04-2015, 08:02 AM
To lose once to such a poor side can be put down to bad luck, to do so twice seems like carelessness. But when you lose three times to an ugly, limited football side which offers very little in the way of threat, you really have to look at your deficiencies. If we can't beat a middle of the table championship in FOUR attempts, then we won't be back in the top flight this season and probably don't deserve to be.

Stubbs has us playing nice football, and has Hibs back on track, but most of the bottom six Premiership teams play Falkirk football (and at a higher level). In some ways we're better off where we are until we can learn to cope with that - it won't be pretty if we come back up and respond the same way we've been doing against such limited but committed opposition.

It's brought home how much gradual decline we faced over seven years and how long it'll take to put that right. I'm starting to sense that we might be down here for some time. Stubbs is a gifted young manager but he's still learning his trade and working out how to bulldoze teams like Falkirk/QOS that get stuck in and don't let you play football. Apart from Cowdenbeath and Rangers we never really hammered anybody in that league - and that's not really acceptable. I think we'll 'look forward' to more contests against Houston's Falkirk -all that is dull and ugly in Scottish Football - next season.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Aye because todays over reaction is just about todays great result. Your wish of 6 thousand supporters is about to come to fruition, although quite why you'd call 11 thousand folk who went today wallopers i dont know?

All i saw was a crowd of Hibs fans get behind the team today, maybe the dentist is the place you should visit more often?

Maybe looked like that on the telly but some of the shouts around me we far from supportive.

green day
19-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Maybe looked like that on the telly but some of the shouts around me we far from supportive.

OK, but I imagine that even Barcelona fans get pissed off if they misplace the odd pass? This is not unique to us.

The support was brilliant yesterday, lots of singing and barely heard anything negative until Falkirk scored. I was in F3 by the way.

Lets not do this 'hibs fans are rubbish' thing all over again - at semis / finals there are always some bammers, but on the whole the crowd were brilliant.

Sammy7nil
19-04-2015, 08:14 AM

Quite right however the club needs these fans to progress. It is fine for u to say GTF however if we remain longterm in the championship those that are left WILL moan about the missing fans. The Mismanagement of our club over the last 15years is quite staggering. This is not about yesterday.

#FromTheCapital
19-04-2015, 08:30 AM
To lose once to such a poor side can be put down to bad luck, to do so twice seems like carelessness. But when you lose three times to an ugly, limited football side which offers very little in the way of threat, you really have to look at your deficiencies. If we can't beat a middle of the table championship in FOUR attempts, then we won't be back in the top flight this season and probably don't deserve to be.

Stubbs has us playing nice football, and has Hibs back on track, but most of the bottom six Premiership teams play Falkirk football (and at a higher level). In some ways we're better off where we are until we can learn to cope with that - it won't be pretty if we come back up and respond the same way we've been doing against such limited but committed opposition.

It's brought home how much gradual decline we faced over seven years and how long it'll take to put that right. I'm starting to sense that we might be down here for some time. Stubbs is a gifted young manager but he's still learning his trade and working out how to bulldoze teams like Falkirk/QOS that get stuck in and don't let you play football. Apart from Cowdenbeath and Rangers we never really hammered anybody in that league - and that's not really acceptable. I think we'll 'look forward' to more contests against Houston's Falkirk -all that is dull and ugly in Scottish Football - next season.

Spot on. Falkirk were absolutely dire... ***** team, ***** support.

It doesn't seem to matter who our manager is or what squad we have, these results are so typical of hibs and until we sort that out we won't be getting promoted.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Far too many people ,imo, with an old firm mentality and snagging down Falkirk as a $#/@@= wee team. Without such teams we would not have a league to play in. That being said we should be getting them. We pummeled them yesterday but I did say as soon as we hit the post in the first minute that it was going to be one of these days. Unfortunately that is what happened. I'll go back to what I have said all season, nice football, in the main, no final product. The number of shots on target over the season compared to the number of goals is abysmal. That has been our downfall. As an aside I also think we have over achieved in the cup. No way was a semi final place expected this season. I am not a happy bunny at getting beat but I am also not slitting my wrists. There is a middle ground. In Hutchenstown bowling club yesterday before the game and on the bus I kinda got the impression that this was the consensus. We are not cup final material, neither are Falkirk imo,did well to get there, time to move on and support them for the rest of the season and hope we can start putting that wee baw into the big netty thing.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2015, 09:02 AM
OK, but I imagine that even Barcelona fans get pissed off if they misplace the odd pass? This is not unique to us.

The support was brilliant yesterday, lots of singing and barely heard anything negative until Falkirk scored. I was in F3 by the way.

Lets not do this 'hibs fans are rubbish' thing all over again - at semis / finals there are always some bammers, but on the whole the crowd were brilliant.

Maybe so, although I've never sat in the Barca end.

Some of the chat from folk that were sitting near me that are just there "for the day out" was incredible. Almost as if they've never been to the football before. I was sitting in F3 as well.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2015, 09:11 AM
We are not cup final material, neither are Falkirk imo,did well to get there, time to move on and support them for the rest of the season .

It's not about being cup final material though. The thing with the cup is that you have to take opportunities when they come along. We have been in a couple of finals recently but after the final in 1979 we had to wait 22 years before getting to another one. We can't possibly know when we'll get to a final again.

Yesterday was a massive missed opportunity. Not that we were entitled to win, but that out of all the semi finalists we got the team we wanted. We blew it. Falkirk didn't. They might not be the greatest team in the country but on the day they have the chance to win the cup. We don't.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2015, 09:17 AM
It's not about being cup final material though. The thing with the cup is that you have to take opportunities when they come along. We have been in a couple of finals recently but after the final in 1979 we had to wait 22 years before getting to another one. We can't possibly know when we'll get to a final again.

Yesterday was a massive missed opportunity. Not that we were entitled to win, but that out of all the semi finalists we got the team we wanted. We blew it. Falkirk didn't. They might not be the greatest team in the country but on the day they have the chance to win the cup. We don't.

Definitely a missed opportunity Spike, no denying we blew it. I had the same argument before the last two finals that you have to be in it to win it and had a fair few comments at the time that it would have been better not to have gotten there in the first place. I disagree obviously add I would rather get there and get beaten rather than lose the semi.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2015, 09:21 AM

I wouldnt know, i have deleted the game but from my position behind the goal the crowd tried to do its part but it was not enough again.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I wouldnt know, i have deleted the game but from my position behind the goal the crowd tried to do its part but it was not enough again.

Have to agree G. Never heard any abuse to the team or players the whole game.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 09:28 AM

I heard abuse. Useless ****s, *****bags and some berating Scott Robertson for the whole game while he was on the pitch. North stand

Alfred E Newman

Cracking post. Yesterday was yet another disasterous day out for the Hibs support, especially those hard core who follow the club on a regular basis but if it was just a case of withdrawing your support after another let down the club would have folded years ago. At the end of the day it's only a game of football and having witnessing a motor cyclist fighting for his life after a collision on our journey home yesterday reminded me of that.

blackpoolhibs

Me neither, i heard the odd groan the later the game went but in general i thought the support was good yesterday. You will always get the odd numpty, EVERY team has them.

I suppose if we'd had the same amount of fans as they had it would have been much better.

B.H.F.C
19-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Me neither, i heard the odd groan the later the game went but in general i thought the support was good yesterday. You will always get the odd numpty, EVERY team has them.

I suppose if we'd had the same amount of fans as they had it would have been much better.

The support was like the team. Quiet first half. Came to life for 25 minutes second half. Then back to being quiet and seeming a bit shell shocked after the goal.

Certainly weren't on the players backs the whole game or anything like that.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2015, 09:43 AM
I heard abuse. Useless ****s, *****bags and some berating Scott Robertson for the whole game while he was on the pitch. North stand

You seem to attract negativity. 😄

Hermit Crab
19-04-2015, 09:44 AM
You seem to attract negativity. 

No, you're confusing me with Judas Iscariot.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2015, 10:00 AM
No, you're confusing me with Judas Iscariot.

And a few others maybe. 😁

AlbertK86
19-04-2015, 10:03 AM
To lose once to such a poor side can be put down to bad luck, to do so twice seems like carelessness. But when you lose three times to an ugly, limited football side which offers very little in the way of threat, you really have to look at your deficiencies. If we can't beat a middle of the table championship in FOUR attempts, then we won't be back in the top flight this season and probably don't deserve to be. Stubbs has us playing nice football, and has Hibs back on track, but most of the bottom six Premiership teams play Falkirk football (and at a higher level). In some ways we're better off where we are until we can learn to cope with that - it won't be pretty if we come back up and respond the same way we've been doing against such limited but committed opposition. It's brought home how much gradual decline we faced over seven years and how long it'll take to put that right. I'm starting to sense that we might be down here for some time. Stubbs is a gifted young manager but he's still learning his trade and working out how to bulldoze teams like Falkirk/QOS that get stuck in and don't let you play football. Apart from Cowdenbeath and Rangers we never really hammered anybody in that league - and that's not really acceptable. I think we'll 'look forward' to more contests against Houston's Falkirk -all that is dull and ugly in Scottish Football - next season.

I'm going to assume that everybody agrees the majority of Stubbs signings have been excellent

IF we get up - I would think he will be looking to bring in the quality of Allan, Fyvie, McGeoch, Fontaine, El Alagui and Gray and I would suspect it will be players who are more pacy and clinical up front. I'm sure we will progress to having the ability to unlock packed defences with the right signings.

Remember big Farid just back after a long lay off and it was blatantly obvious yesterday. Probably his adrenalin drove him on to such a good performance in the Derby. That will have taken a lot out of him.

Once he gets a good preseason in he will be a big player for us.

Keep the faith - Stubbsy only half way through his rebuild.

Getting to the Semi was a bonus we were not expecting

Even if we don't go up and lose the likes of Fyvie, McGeoch and Allan I'm pretty certain Stubbsy will pluck some similar talent who's careers have maybe stalled and know he can get them back on track.

GGTTH

Heedersnvolleys
19-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Where is this battering everyone is on about? Just watched the first half and I admit from yesterday it seemed like we had more chances that what I am seeing on the telly. Plenty of possession but very little clear cut chances. All very scrappy and the keeper isn't exactly busy!:confused:

basehibby
19-04-2015, 11:10 AM

Utter twaddle - the previous games were history. Yesterday the Falkirk goal was bombarded and we twice hit woodwork as well as their goalie being worked hard and performing well - all in all we played just as well as the previous weekend vs the Jambos.
We were easily the dominant team but got hit by a sucker punch - unlucky but **** happens in football. We had no pre-ordained right to win that semi as some on this thread seem to be suggesting - all we could expect is the team on the park playing to the fullest extent of their abilities - we got that with Allan being the best player on the park by some distance and none of his teammates turning in substandard performances.
Instead of perpetual navel gazing that seems to be a hobby of some on this forum we need to accept that none of our opponents are push overs in this league and prepare for the battle royal which will be coming in the coming weeks as multiple teams push for the one remaining available space in the SPL next season.

Spike Mandela
19-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Utter twaddle - the previous games were history. Yesterday the Falkirk goal was bombarded and we twice hit woodwork as well as their goalie being worked hard and performing well - all in all we played just as well as the previous weekend vs the Jambos.
We were easily the dominant team but got hit by a sucker punch - unlucky but **** happens in football. We had no pre-ordained right to win that semi as some on this thread seem to be suggesting - all we could expect is the team on the park playing to the fullest extent of their abilities - we got that with Allan being the best player on the park by some distance and none of his teammates turning in substandard performances.
Instead of perpetual navel gazing that seems to be a hobby of some on this forum we need to accept that none of our opponents are push overs in this league and prepare for the battle royal which will be coming in the coming weeks as multiple teams push for the one remaining available space in the SPL next season.

3 shots on target according to BBC stats compared to Falkirk's 2?????

keep the faith
19-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Absolutely terrific post and bang on. Hibs were desperately unlucky yesterday.
Some regulars on here thrive on negativity and seem to enjoy their well earned (and desperately boring) reputations For negativity.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Absolutely terrific post and bang on. Hibs were desperately unlucky yesterday.
Some regulars on here thrive on negativity and seem to enjoy their well earned (and desperately boring) reputations For negativity.

Wouldnt it be great if there was nothing for folk to be negative about?

Heedersnvolleys
19-04-2015, 11:20 AM
3 shots on target according to BBC stats compared to Falkirk's 2?????
Exactly, watch it again on TV MacDonald was not really that busy. Possession does not win you games unfortunately!

emerald green
19-04-2015, 11:23 AM

So 10,000 Hibs fans "get on the teams back". Is that not just a wee bit of an exaggeration?

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2015, 11:39 AM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Mango Man
19-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Yesterdays performance is exactly why thousands of fans are giving up every season, can't remember the last time we ended a season well, when it really matters Hibs will let us down, year after year, it's difficult to remain positive.

bigwheel
19-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Yesterdays performance is exactly why thousands of fans are giving up every season, can't remember the last time we ended a season well, when it really matters Hibs will let us down, year after year, it's difficult to remain positive.

I honestly can not understand why people are saying this - I can understand saying the result is a massive kick in the teeth, but for anyone to suggest the performance level was not good yesterday, is just simply wrong...no other way to say it.

emerald green
19-04-2015, 12:19 PM
We were easily the dominant team but got hit by a sucker punch - unlucky but **** happens in football.

Yes Hibs had greater possession during the game, and were the better team, but the goal Hibs conceded had nothing to do with being "unlucky". It was badly defended by the team switching off, and a lack of concentration.

Not for the first time that has cost Hibs this season. They just don't seem to learn. How many "sucker punches" is that this season?

ekhibee
19-04-2015, 12:48 PM
I think that bearing in mind the state the club was in at the start of the season, we have done well over the piece, but we still have deficiencies which need to be addressed. A lot of fans are understandably dissapointed because even though most of us knew it would be unlikely that we would actually win the cup, there was a lot of expectation going into this game despite our poor record against Falkirk this season. The thing was, where I was in the North Stand, as I left there really wasn't much going on. No particularly angry voices stood out when the game was finished, it was almost like Hibs fans just aren't surprised anymore by what happens at Hampden any more. We deserved to win the game, even Houston admitted that, but we didn't, and there's still plenty of important games to play for too. Now that the cup run is over it's essential that the club focus on the forthcoming games. There's no time at this stage of the season to feel sorry for ourselves, we need to win all our remaining games, and I trust Alan Stubbs will ensure that the team is well up for these games. We are not the 'establishment' team; the BBC and much of the media don't bother to talk us up the way they do teams like Hearts. Already most of them are predicting Sevco v Motherwell in the playoff final. It's up to Stubbs and the team to prove all these people totally wrong, and more importantly, to give the fans something to really look forward to in the future. They can do it, and we have to believe that, the season is far from over for us.

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2015, 12:50 PM

The first sentence I have highlighted is totally ridiculous.....

The second point, if loyal why would they even contemplate doing something else? You are either loyal or not loyal, you can't be in between....Supporting a team is never easy, unless you follow Barcelona or someone similar, we get plenty of knocks, for sure, but do we throw hissy fits and say we are not going back? Do we hell, we get up dust ourselves down, and go and support OUR team.......I am proud to support Hibernian, always have been, always will be......

JJP
19-04-2015, 01:09 PM
The ones on here who talk of not going back are just attention seekers. If they weren't coming back they would just give it up. It's only a scottish cup defeat. Every single team in the country apart from one goes through it, with the exception of one, every single season. If the biggest team always won as well then we may as well not enter the competition as Celtic would win it every single season. Losing in this competition is not unique to Hibernian in any way. Sorry people are hurting but the team needs your support as we have far more important games than yesterday's coming up over the next few weeks. Also, I thought the team played well yesterday and we were just unfortunate not to win, it happens.

marinello59
19-04-2015, 01:18 PM

The second point, if loyal why would they even contemplate doing something else? You are either loyal or not loyal, you can't be in between....Supporting a team is never easy, unless you follow Barcelona or someone similar, we get plenty of knocks, for sure, but do we throw hissy fits and say we are not going back? Do we hell, we get up dust ourselves down, and go and support OUR team.......I am proud to support Hibernian, always have been, always will be......

tamig
19-04-2015, 01:33 PM

100%. I just don't understand the reaction of some folk. To claim yesterday is an example as to why thousands are giving up on Hibs is ludicrous.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2015, 01:40 PM

I have to be honest and say I never heard any abuse at all but at FT I saw a few lads who were down beside the Sect 43 boys sticking their fingers up and shouting "**** off" at the players etc who came over to clap us. That really annoyed me!

Gerard
19-04-2015, 01:53 PM
The magic of the Scottish Cup shows that the big teams lose. Celtic should have had a penalty and Inverness would have had a man sent off. Well done Mr Hughes.

kdhibees1
19-04-2015, 01:58 PM
The magic of the Scottish Cup shows that the big teams lose. Celtic should have had a penalty and Inverness would have had a man sent off. Well done Mr Hughes.

Could not agree more! We had our chances, played fairly well but that's football. Goals count. Our day will come.

Mango Man
19-04-2015, 02:32 PM
I honestly can not understand why people are saying this - I can understand saying the result is a massive kick in the teeth, but for anyone to suggest the performance level was not good yesterday, is just simply wrong...no other way to say it.

Your right, I should have said result instead of performance, we were the better team but the result is all that really matters, Hibs nearly always come up short when it matters, whether it's luck, lack of concentration or whatever, feels like a curse.