PDA

View Full Version : That was inexcusable.

Pages : 1 [2]

Mango Man
19-04-2015, 02:40 PM
100%. I just don't understand the reaction of some folk. To claim yesterday is an example as to why thousands are giving up on Hibs is ludicrous.

It's kind of true though, no? just look at the attendances over the last few years, we have had some big games in that time and have come up short every time, there is only so many semi's, finals you can get kicked in the teeth.

Bobo
19-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Our club has no ambition or belief, no real desire to succeed! We have no resolve and seldom roll up the sleeves to get stuck in about teams that we should dominate and kill them off early. We simply don't show enough aggression or will to win games, especially the big ones.

How long do they expect supporters to hang on to a past reputation which gets more and more diluted with the ever increasing amount of embarrassing defeats and failures thrown in our faces?

Hibernian are soft touches and every other club knows it, sadly they have done for the last 40 years! :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2015, 03:04 PM
The first sentence I have highlighted is totally ridiculous.....

The second point, if loyal why would they even contemplate doing something else? You are either loyal or not loyal, you can't be in between....Supporting a team is never easy, unless you follow Barcelona or someone similar, we get plenty of knocks, for sure, but do we throw hissy fits and say we are not going back? Do we hell, we get up dust ourselves down, and go and support OUR team.......I am proud to support Hibernian, always have been, always will be......

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Alfred E Newman
20-04-2015, 08:20 AM
The first sentence I have highlighted is totally ridiculous.....

The second point, if loyal why would they even contemplate doing something else? You are either loyal or not loyal, you can't be in between....Supporting a team is never easy, unless you follow Barcelona or someone similar, we get plenty of knocks, for sure, but do we throw hissy fits and say we are not going back? Do we hell, we get up dust ourselves down, and go and support OUR team.......I am proud to support Hibernian, always have been, always will be......

Well said.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2015, 10:20 AM
I watched the highlights last night and the only criticism I would give is that we lost a poor goal, though I would say that poor wee Dylan isn't a centre half and it showed unfortunately in the way he let Sibbald get in front of him. Mind you, the cross should have been prevented in the first place. But that is the only negative thing I will say about the performance, every bit of luck going went Falkirk's way, the only thing missing was a dug running onto the park and preventing a certain Hibs goal.

I have been at every Hibs cup final and all but one semi final ( the 91/92 league cup ) since 1979 and I cant recall a single game where we got lucky, where we won the game and you could turn around and say .. wow, what a bit of luck that was, and yet you will never meet a player or manager who wont admit that an element of luck is required in a cup run.

I think the club historians need to delve deeper to find out where the 'curse' comes from, because I for one am beginning to come round to thinking that's exactly what it is. Yes it can be said that for a lot of that 113 years our teams just weren't good enough, but in those 113 years how many other teams who shouldn't have been good enough have won the bloody thing. Even the lauded Famous 5 allegedly one of the best forward lines ever to play in British, never mind Scottish, football couldn't win it.

In the words of Mr Sherlock Holmes: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" ........... Some folk will say a curse is impossible, I for one am beginning to wonder :confused:

Does anybody know a priest or a gypsy? :greengrin

JimBHibees
20-04-2015, 10:44 AM
I watched the highlights last night and the only criticism I would give is that we lost a poor goal, though I would say that poor wee Dylan isn't a centre half and it showed unfortunately in the way he let Sibbald get in front of him. Mind you, the cross should have been prevented in the first place. But that is the only negative thing I will say about the performance, every bit of luck going went Falkirk's way, the only thing missing was a dug running onto the park and preventing a certain Hibs goal.

I have been at every Hibs cup final and all but one semi final ( the 91/92 league cup ) since 1979 and I cant recall a single game where we got lucky, where we won the game and you could turn around and say .. wow, what a bit of luck that was, and yet you will never meet a player or manager who wont admit that an element of luck is required in a cup run.

I think the club historians need to delve deeper to find out where the 'curse' comes from, because I for one am beginning to come round to thinking that's exactly what it is. Yes it can be said that for a lot of that 113 years our teams just weren't good enough, but in those 113 years how many other teams who shouldn't have been good enough have won the bloody thing. Even the lauded Famous 5 allegedly one of the best forward lines ever to play in British, never mind Scottish, football couldn't win it.

In the words of Mr Sherlock Holmes: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" ........... Some folk will say a curse is impossible, I for one am beginning to wonder :confused:

Does anybody know a priest or a gypsy? :greengrin

It was a very poor goal to lose considering we have 3 centre backs on the pitch and they were all outside the width of the posts for the goal. Dylan should have done better no doubt and to be honest any sort of challenge would probably have stopped the goal however do think the centre halfs positioning should have been more central..

macca70
20-04-2015, 11:01 AM
It was a very poor goal to lose considering we have 3 centre backs on the pitch and they were all outside the width of the posts for the goal. Dylan should have done better no doubt and to be honest any sort of challenge would probably have stopped the goal however do think the centre halfs positioning should have been more central..

Whilst watching it live, I actually think they were happy not to cut out the cross and concede a corner and just let the ball come in as it looked like there was very little danger and we'd defend it easily and get the ball back.

Smartie
20-04-2015, 11:01 AM

It was a poor goal to lose, but……

I thought they scrapped well to get the cross over (a better ball in that we managed to put in all day) and Sibbald made a run across McGeoch that was a good wee run and hard to defend against to get a good head on the ball.

Put it this way, it was a goal that I couldn't see us scoring in a month of Sundays in spite of us having a lot of the ball.

Not that their defenders would ever have let us score as cheap a goal.

JimBHibees
20-04-2015, 12:56 PM
It was a poor goal to lose, but……

I thought they scrapped well to get the cross over (a better ball in that we managed to put in all day) and Sibbald made a run across McGeoch that was a good wee run and hard to defend against to get a good head on the ball.

Put it this way, it was a goal that I couldn't see us scoring in a month of Sundays in spite of us having a lot of the ball.

Not that their defenders would ever have let us score as cheap a goal.

Indeed it was a good ball in and Sibbald is a talented players and made a good run and header however they got it over too easy and the defenders in the middle (including Dylan) were posted missing.

ancient hibee
20-04-2015, 02:54 PM
We've been allowing players to get crosses in all season.On Saturday Falkirk doubled up out wide and our crossing became poorer as the game went on as we seemed unable to find a man.

The_Sauz
20-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Indeed it was a good ball in and Sibbald is a talented players and made a good run and header however they got it over too easy and the defenders in the middle (including Dylan) were posted missing.

Have a look at falkirk's third goal in the 4-3 game....spitting image of the goal on saturday :agree:

Salt N Sauzee
20-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Is losing to Falkirk three times out of four (the other one a draw) so far this season a sign of success or failure?

Beating Rangers 3 times and Hertz once is successful enough for me :cb

Hermit Crab
20-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Beating Rangers 3 times and Hertz once is successful enough for me :cb

You're at it mate!