PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs got that wrong

Scooter
18-04-2015, 01:21 PM
IMO Dylan should never have been pit right wing back. Posted missing for the goal and looked lost in an unfamiliar position.

He altered players to keep the formations.
we should have went 4 at the back with forster at right back

Iain G
18-04-2015, 01:24 PM
IMO Dylan should never have been pit right wing back. Posted missing for the goal and looked lost in an unfamiliar position.

Was a winning formation last two games, why change it?!

cjward2
18-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Think Stubbs had it right, just could not get the ball in the net. It happens.

Unseen work
18-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Think mcgeouch was fine and not lost at all, he turned off for the goal that's all it was.

If wee took the chances we created and won the game no one would say he got it wrong.

The performance proved he got it right, it's player errors that cost us the game

Scooter
18-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Was a winning formation last two games, why change it?!

As I said he didn't have the players available to suit the formation

Onion
18-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Don't think you can blame Stubbs for today. We restricted Falkirk to 1 chance, outplayed them in midfield and created plenty chances. Luck, their goalie and poor finishing did us.

adhibs
18-04-2015, 01:33 PM
outplayed them in midfield and created plenty chances. Luck, their goalie and poor finishing did us.

As per

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Only thing was disappinted in tactically today was our utterly honking set pieces. How many shorts one broke down and how many ones we did put in the box were meat and drink for the keeper and defence?

MartinfaePorty
18-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Only thing I would say is are there no defenders in the under 20 squad that could have played out right and allowed Dylan to play in the centre where he was so effective against Hearts?

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Think Stubbs had it right, just could not get the ball in the net. It happens.

Has happened too many times this season, our composure in front of goal is a joke.

AL-Qaholik
18-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Has happened too many times this season, our composure in front of goal is a joke.

This! Meanwhile, our defensive composure has been equally pathetic in the vast majority of these tight games.

We simply aren't good enough, often enough.

3pm
18-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Don't think you can blame Stubbs for today. We restricted Falkirk to 1 chance, outplayed them in midfield and created plenty chances. Luck, their goalie and poor finishing did us.

Wasn't at Falkirk but the same thing you posted above applies to the two games at ER and today.

Too much of a coincidence.

matty_f
18-04-2015, 01:44 PM
The tactics were fine, we were by far the better team. Poor finishing cost us more than anything. Oxley barely had anything to do.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2015, 01:47 PM
The tactics were fine, we were by far the better team. Poor finishing cost us more than anything. Oxley barely had anything to do.

Poor finishing again. I've been saying for weeks it's going to cost us, when I said it I was thinking about goal difference in the league.

matty_f
18-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Poor finishing again. I've been saying for weeks it's going to cost us, when I said it I was thinking about goal difference in the league.

Today was our season in a nutshell.

hibIBZ
Took them apart, hit the post and the bar and had other chances.... That was not stubbs' fault

Iain G
As I said he didn't have the players available to suit the formation

Only change was McGeough out wide right...

sesoim
18-04-2015, 01:52 PM

:agree: I know why Stubbs sets the team up the way he does - to get loads of possession. But we had three midfielders all doing the same thing, ie receiving the ball then passing the buck to Allan. We needed more variation from midfield. Also, the way we play, the midfielders end up with more goalscoring opportunities than the forwards, but none of them are natural finishers. If Stubbs wants to play the same way next season, he needs to get a Latapy or even a Pat McGinley type in midfield who will knock in 10+ a season from midfield.

One other thing we could have done with is a quick winger or Kenny Miller type forward who runs to the byline and cuts the ball back for onrushing players. Too much of our player is through the middle and when other teams stay tight, we can't cut through them.

Allant1981
18-04-2015, 01:54 PM
He should have had farid off, he was clearly not fit enough today or good enough

blindsummit
18-04-2015, 01:57 PM

I wouldn't disagree with you about the tactics Matty, but the point for me is that when Oxley and the defence did get something to do, they ****** it up yet again.

We showed today what we are, a slightly better than average Championship team, one who our opponents sussed long ago. Just defend stolidly against us, admiring our tippy tappy play, and wait for that one chance which they will take. It's happened too often to be a fluke. Falkirk, Raith, Queens they all have us sussed.

I don't post much after these games but today for some reason I'm really angry, more so than usual. Never mind the loss of a day out at the Final for the fans, those players have just blown a financial windfall for the Club, one we may badly need if we don't get promoted (and the bookies odds on that don't lie in my opinion).

Different CEO, different coaches, different players, different approach, but still the one constant at Hibs. A bottling mentality in the games that REALLY matter. I'm stumped, I really am. I wonder what the sports psychologist tells them, I really do.

And don't get me started on the glacial speed of our play, it was like a pre season stroll out there at times.

Apologies for the negativity, but as I said, this one has made me even angrier than normal and given the kicks in the teeth we've had the last seven years, that's saying something.

Well at least I've got the Detroit Red Wings game to look forward to tonight. I hope one of my teams can give me some joy :clapper:

jacomo
18-04-2015, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't disagree with you about the tactics Matty, but the point for me is that when Oxley and the defence did get something to do, they ****** it up yet again.

We showed today what we are, a slightly better than average Championship team, one who our opponents sussed long ago. Just defend stolidly against us, admiring our tippy tappy play, and wait for that one chance which they will take. It's happened too often to be a fluke. Falkirk, Raith, Queens they all have us sussed.

I don't post much after these games but today for some reason I'm really angry, more so than usual. Never mind the loss of a day out at the Final for the fans, those players have just blown a financial windfall for the Club, one we may badly need if we don't get promoted (and the bookies odds on that don't lie in my opinion).

Different CEO, different coaches, different players, different approach, but still the one constant at Hibs. A bottling mentality in the games that REALLY matter. I'm stumped, I really am. I wonder what the sports psychologist tells them, I really do.

And don't get me started on the glacial speed of our play, it was like a pre season stroll out there at times.

Apologies for the negativity, but as I said, this one has made me even angrier than normal and given the kicks in the teeth we've had the last seven years, that's saying something.

Well at least I've got the Detroit Red Wings game to look forward to tonight. I hope one of my teams can give me some joy :clapper:

Not disagreeing with anything you say, but turning Hibs around was never going to be a short term job.

I'm still convinced that, in footballing terms, the appointment of AS marked the start of our recovery. Still much to play for and overall I'd rather be in our position than Falkirk's. We can go up.

MSK
18-04-2015, 02:28 PM
He should have had farid off, he was clearly not fit enough today or good enoughHe was fit enough for the derby & fit enough to latch onto a ball to score the winner though.. ..the service towards the strikers today was shocking ..barely a cross met the man, too much tippy tappy indecision & the wrong ball delivered ..Farid & Cummings were pretty much fighting for scraps today ..

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Cummings and farid should have been off after 60 minutes at most. Both were inept today and it needed changed. Alas no we continued with the pair who really offered nothing all game.

JimBHibees
18-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Cummings and farid should have been off after 60 minutes at most. Both were inept today and it needed changed. Alas no we continued with the pair who really offered nothing all game.

Tend to agree was amazed how poor both were as thought Farid in particular won next to nothing. Both Malonga and Djedje should have got more than they did.

oconnors_strip
18-04-2015, 02:52 PM
What did stubbs say to media after the match?

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2015, 02:54 PM
How the front 2 lasted near enough the whole game is scary.

Crying out for changes but same old, left it until the winner was scored 'cos we were never coming back from a goal down

JimBHibees
18-04-2015, 02:54 PM
What did stubbs say to media after the match?

Unlucky were the better team and should be in final.

Stokesy's on fire
18-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Stubbs never got it wrong they got lucky we peppered their goal and hit the woodwork twice.they got one chance and got lucky enough to rob us.

familyman
18-04-2015, 03:00 PM

totally agree..poor vision of opposition and their likely approach.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Stubbs has been a rabbit in the headlights since the Huns game.

It was a good formation that he just seems to have written off.

This 3-5-2, has only looked decent v the Huns away in the 1st game & v Hearts last week, mainly cos they tried to match us. Every other game it's been more like a 5-3-2.

Very disappointed in Stubbs today. The Falkirk management team have had him in their pocket this season

MSK
18-04-2015, 03:26 PM

This 3-5-2, has only looked decent v the Huns away in the 1st game & v Hearts last week, mainly cos they tried to match us. Every other game it's been more like a 5-3-2.

Very disappointed in Stubbs today. The Falkirk management team have had him in their pocket this seasonForster isn't a natural right back so what choice or who would you have in a flat back four or a back five..?...imo Stubbs played the most suitable formation with the players he had at hand ..given that both his natural right full/wing backs were injured/cup tied ..

Sir David Gray
18-04-2015, 03:31 PM
That was one of our most dominant displays of the season.

It's not Stubbs' fault that our players couldn't score in a brothel today.

Winston Ingram
18-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Forster isn't a natural right back so what choice or who would you have in a flat back four or a back five..?...imo Stubbs played the most suitable formation with the players he had at hand ..given that both his natural right full/wing backs were injured/cup tied ..

He's not a natural right back but neither is McGeouch. Every time he got the ball he cut inside.

My problem was it wasn't working. Falkirk knew they didn't need to work on defending there so cut inside. Forster has played there before and done a decent job.

green day
18-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Yep, this 100%

Winston Ingram
18-04-2015, 03:43 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/scottish-premier/9811496/Peter-Houston-riled-by-Alan-Stubbs-claim-after-Falkirk-beat-Hibs?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Can't argue with any of that

HH81
18-04-2015, 03:44 PM

The pie eater says is that why you left at 70 mins?

MSK
18-04-2015, 03:44 PM
He's not a natural right back but neither is McGeouch. Every time he got the ball he cut inside.

My problem was it wasn't working. Falkirk knew they didn't need to work on defending there so cut inside. Forster has played there before and done a decent job.I assume Stubbs thought the big wide pitch would suit our formation ...our problem wasn't defence ..it was the inability to thread a decent pass or cross to the forwards ..too often Farid & Cummings had to scrap for second ball ...

I agree though with regards McGeouch...he would have been more effective in midfield ...as opposed to occasionally drifting in there ...

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 03:52 PM
The pie eater says is that why you left at 70 mins?

Stayed right to the end, saw farids miss but to be honest I'm not that bothered. We managed to catch the 14.40 train back and should be in the pub by5.30. The game will be forgotten by9ish. Hope bob gets a refund from his tickets that did not arrive.

TheHarpy76
18-04-2015, 04:50 PM
The game plan was fine, we couldn't get the ball in the net it's as simple as that.

In cup games if you don't take your chances then the chances are you'll get hit with a sucker punch. That's what happened today.

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2015, 05:28 PM
my one criticism of AS this season has been his damn stubbornness in leaving things so late in a game to try turn things around, one change with only 10 mins remaining, then a pretty strange sub with only 3 mins remaining ffs man, how the heck can any football player be expected to try change things around with so little time remaining...just crazy, i just don't get it

eastmainsmsh
18-04-2015, 05:54 PM
He should have had farid off, he was clearly not fit enough today or good enough

Agree but he had a super game last week .i would've put molonga on earlier with Cummings

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 06:29 PM

Very disappointed in Stubbs today. The Falkirk management team have had him in their pocket this season

Complete rubbish. what did he differently before we lost to rangers?

Nutmegged
18-04-2015, 06:49 PM

I don't necessarily agree with this, we were dominant but how many chances did we create for Cummings or Farid? We can make all the chances in the world but if you aren't making them for your goalscorers then the likelihood is you wont score enough goals

JimBHibees
18-04-2015, 07:01 PM

Wrong on so many levels.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 07:10 PM

It was the team he put out to win the game and we didn't so he has to accept some responsibility , as he didn't put out a winning team and IMO took too long to change things Stevenson !and Farid had poor games and Robertson and Mcgeoch weren't far behind .We really didn't manage to get to by line and put in a decent cross the way they did for their goal .it was all too predictable from us for the most part

Sir David Gray
18-04-2015, 07:19 PM
It was the team he put out to win the game and we didn't so he has to accept some responsibility , as he didn't put out a winning team and IMO took too long to change things Stevenson !and Farid had poor games and Robertson and Mcgeoch weren't far behind .We really didn't manage to get to by line and put in a decent cross the way they did for their goal .it was all too predictable from us for the most part

The team that started is the team that most Hibs fans would have chosen before the match.

That team should have taken care of Falkirk, no doubt about that.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 07:29 PM
The team that started is the team that most Hibs fans would have chosen before the match.

That team should have taken care of Falkirk, no doubt about that.

I'd agree with that, but why Cummings and Farid stayed on the park as long as they did is beyond me. As good as the big man was last week, he was bloody awful today.

And Cummings contributed nothing after the first 30 seconds, they should have both been hooked after an hour at most.

Stubbs and his substitutions are baffling at times.

basehibby
18-04-2015, 07:44 PM
I thought McGeoch played really well - as did the team. We were unlucky as the stats show - loads of efforts on goal, including a few where we were a baw hair away from scoring.

Dylan's defending was not great at Falkirk's goal but on another day that wouldn't have mattered - it's not like he was a net weakness - on the contrary.

So no - I would not say Stubbs got it wrong.

HFC 0-7
18-04-2015, 10:24 PM
I thought McGeoch played really well - as did the team. We were unlucky as the stats show - loads of efforts on goal, including a few where we were a baw hair away from scoring.

Dylan's defending was not great at Falkirk's goal but on another day that wouldn't have mattered - it's not like he was a net weakness - on the contrary.

So no - I would not say Stubbs got it wrong.

the defending was absolutely terrible, to say on another day it wouldn't matter is silly! That's the problem here, cup games you don't have another day! If we want to be challenging for top places and cups we need to be on our game all the time, there seems to be an acceptance that it's ok to have a bad day at the office.

Stubbs did get it wrong today, he left it far too long to do anything about the lack of cutting edge up front today. It's not the first time either he has failed to make changes when there is still time left!

southern hibby
18-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Not blaming Stubb's, however why have we in numerous games out played the opposition to be hit a sucker punch? So shouldn't come as a shock today. Why have we all season except for in a handful of games played dreadful for the first 10 minutes after the break? Not been addressed. Also and more relevant why does there never seem to be a plan B when things go wrong?

Formations very seldom change or substitutions made, when everyone can see it's not working.
I'm in no way blaming Stubbsy for today's performance as we did dominate, however yet again we never won and unfortunately we can dominate all day except one shot on target from who we are playing and still get mugged off.
GGTTH

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-04-2015, 11:53 PM
the defending was absolutely terrible, to say on another day it wouldn't matter is silly! That's the problem here, cup games you don't have another day! If we want to be challenging for top places and cups we need to be on our game all the time, there seems to be an acceptance that it's ok to have a bad day at the office.

Stubbs did get it wrong today, he left it far too long to do anything about the lack of cutting edge up front today. It's not the first time either he has failed to make changes when there is still time left!

I've been Stubbs biggest fan this season but his subs/lack of have worried me since day 1. Refusing to sub Robertson whilst on a yellow at Tynecastle back in Aug is still one of the most ridiculous things I've ever witnessed. Still annoys me thinking about it [emoji35]

Joe's ice cream
19-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Wouldn't have set them up any different today, we can scrape around looking for reasons / excuses but the reality in my own opinion is that we had no luck going for us. It's a very hard one to take but guess what, we will and we will keep moving forward.
Let's see if we can play crap in the playoffs and get this lucky !!!

spike220
19-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Took them apart, hit the post and the bar and had other chances.... That was not stubbs' fault

This - all day long.

There was nothing tactically wrong, just did not out the ball in the net.

Now we can concentrate on the league!

spike220
19-04-2015, 03:54 AM

Is that you Terry?

Crammond Hibee
19-04-2015, 06:20 AM
I'd agree with that, but why Cummings and Farid stayed on the park as long as they did is beyond me. As good as the big man was last week, he was bloody awful today.

And Cummings contributed nothing after the first 30 seconds, they should have both been hooked after an hour at most.

Stubbs and his substitutions are baffling at times.

I totally agree they should have been subbed after an hour especially Cummings

Big L
19-04-2015, 11:27 PM

Absolutely stupid to play Mcgeough at wing back, should have gone with 4 at the back. Sods law it had to be him that was standing BEHIND Sibbald when he scored.

Boyle89
19-04-2015, 11:33 PM
I've been Stubbs biggest fan this season but his subs/lack of have worried me since day 1. Refusing to sub Robertson whilst on a yellow at Tynecastle back in Aug is still one of the most ridiculous things I've ever witnessed. Still annoys me thinking about it [emoji35]

That decision not to sub Robertson in that game was terrible but it certainly wasn't the worst decision ever made by a hibs manager. Calderwood subbing off griffiths and o'connor at East end and bringing on sodje and agogo was much worse.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Absolutely stupid to play Mcgeough at wing back, should have gone with 4 at the back. Sods law it had to be him that was standing BEHIND Sibbald when he scored.

If we played four at the back, who would we have played right back? Forster isn't right back IMO. And it would have been too big a game to throw young Dunsmore into.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2015, 11:49 PM
That decision not to sub Robertson in that game was terrible but it certainly wasn't the worst decision ever made by a hibs manager. Calderwood subbing off griffiths and o'connor at East end and bringing on sodje and agogo was much worse.

Yogi's decision to start Nish up front and have Stokes and Riordan on the bench over in Maribor was worse than that.

Smartie
20-04-2015, 12:27 AM
It's easy to criticise him after the event.

We still created enough chances and had enough possession to win about a dozen games.

The formation wasn't the problem and he wasn't helped by not being able to pick his first 3 choices at RWB.

He did select the players that struggled to make a killer pass, play a decent cross or take a chance. That and the fact that he took ages to make changes up front when our strikers were toiling are the only reasonable accusations that could be levelled at Stubbs regarding the game.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2015, 07:34 AM
It's easy to criticise him after the event.

We still created enough chances and had enough possession to win about a dozen games.

The formation wasn't the problem and he wasn't helped by not being able to pick his first 3 choices at RWB.

He did select the players that struggled to make a killer pass, play a decent cross or take a chance. That and the fact that he took ages to make changes up front when our strikers were toiling are the only reasonable accusations that could be levelled at Stubbs regarding the game.
It was clear Farid wasn't jumping and winning balls like he did against Hearts To ask him to play two games for ninety minutes when just back from injury was unfair on him and when it was clear he was toiling he should of been subbed The fact he wasn't can only be a vote of no confidence in the other two strikers who we may need on Wednesday as not a lot of recovery time for the Livi game
Cummings is still young player and maybe the occasion got to him a bit but he will learn i

Steve20
20-04-2015, 08:42 AM
It's not unlucky. One game maybe, but I've never known a team that's supposedly unlucky so many times.

His results against teams around us this season has been poor. He needs to change things up because Saturday was another example of under performing again. It's results that count.

And before people start saying, No I don't want Stubbs out. He should get another chance next season to get us up, if we don't go up this year. But we have to start winning games that matter, instead of bottling it every time.

Scottie
20-04-2015, 08:51 AM
It was clear Farid wasn't jumping and winning balls like he did against Hearts To ask him to play two games for ninety minutes when just back from injury was unfair on him and when it was clear he was toiling he should of been subbed The fact he wasn't can only be a vote of no confidence in the other two strikers who we may need on Wednesday as not a lot of recovery time for the Livi game
Cummings is still young player and maybe the occasion got to him a bit but he will learn i
That was my real disappointment on Saturday that AS couldn't see what everyone else could that the top two were blowing out their ***** and needed subbed earlier.

It's not unlucky. One game maybe, but I've never known a team that's supposedly unlucky so many times.

His results against teams around us this season has been poor. He needs to change things up because Saturday was another example of under performing again. It's results that count.

And before people start saying, No I don't want Stubbs out. He should get another chance next season to get us up, if we don't go up this year. But we have to start winning games that matter, instead of bottling it every time.
AS does need time and our support but this will wear thin if he keeps making the same mistake week after week in his inability to change things up when needed quickly enough.

By the way AS is the best thing to happen to our club in years IMO but for him to succeed he needs to learn from every disappointment rapidly. GGTTH

macca70
20-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, folk saying Farid/Cummings should have been taken off. After the incompetence of Malonga for the 10 mins he played in the Hearts game, I hoped we'd never see Malonga in a Hibs shirt ever again.

Falkirk handled Farid very well, they knew he was a massive threat in the air and ensured that he didn't get a clean jump, constantly niggling and getting in his face.

Once again, we created more than enough chances, just didn't take them.

Hit the post/bar 3 times against hearts then twice on Saturday!!!

If only we managed to get Griffiths when we seemed so close to signing him. IMO there would be no doubt that we'd be in the final and 2nd place in the league secured.

cabbageandribs1875
20-04-2015, 09:14 AM
no luck ? pffttt

will we ever have another year where we could probably have a wishlist of who we wanted to play

Alloa-A
Arbroath-H
Berwick-H
Falkirk

it was like the authorities actually wanted us to win it this year

(sigh) :(

flash
20-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Sometimes a team just gets lucky and that has been Falkirk against us this season.
To suggest it's because Baldy Houston is some kind of genius is absurd.
Stubbs didn't miss Boyles open goal at 3-1 in the league game nor did he miss chance after chance on Saturday.
That was the right team they simply didn't execute properly.

JimBHibees
20-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Sometimes a team just gets lucky and that has been Falkirk against us this season.
Stubbs didn't miss Boyles open goal at 3-1 in the league game nor did he miss chance after chance on Saturday.

Agree with that another day we win 2 or 3 nil however in saying that we should have stopped them scoring from their only attack.

flash
20-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Agree with that another day we win 2 or 3 nil however in saying that we should have stopped them scoring from their only attack.

Agreed. Not quite sure why none of our 3 central defenders were challenging for the ball.

JimBHibees
20-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Agreed. Not quite sure why none of our 3 central defenders were challenging for the ball.

I can see why Fontaine went out to block the cross however Hanlon and particularly Forster being the right centre back should have been in a position to attack it. Both seemed to be beyond the front post for some reason.

ancient hibee
20-04-2015, 02:59 PM

Did we miss chance after chance?Don't think so.

flash
20-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Did we miss chance after chance?Don't think so.

Yes I think we did.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't think Stubbsy got anything wrong, we played well against a woeful Falkirk side and it was one of those days when things didnt go in for us.

CRAZYHIBBY
20-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Stubbs never got it wrong. ..if we were playing an amateur team in the semi we would still have lost....that cup is cursed as far as we are concerned

Malthibby
20-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Stubbs never got it wrong. ..if we were playing an amateur team in the semi we would still have lost....that cup is cursed as far as we are concerned

Bxllxcks. I have it on good authority that we are nailed on for 2016.........
GG

ancient hibee
20-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Yes I think we did.

I can only think of one.

TonyStokeprano
21-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Anyone have an idea what our travel arrangements for the game? I assumed we would all travel through together on a team coach, was surprised when At least 4 seperate cars containing players were overtook us on the way home! I'd have thought traveling on the coach together would be good for morale and to discuss our game plan.

Andy74
21-04-2015, 09:49 AM
I can only think of one.

What, one chance in the game?

We hit the post and the bar. We had Farids header near the ground. We had McGeough and Stevenson with fresh air shots. That's just a few I can recall having not seen it again.

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 09:51 AM

We hit the post and the bar. We had Farids header near the ground. We had McGeough and Stevenson with fresh air shots. That's just a few I can recall having not seen it again.

Plus Farid being through one on one with the Keeper only to be wrongly pulled back for offside.

I have no doubts whatsoever that he would have scored.

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 10:56 AM

Also twice Farid with clear shots on his left peg, one into side net, one blocked by the goalie. Also a header over from a corner. Malonga with chance near the end. Fyfie shot over at final whistle.

One seems about right :confused:

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Anyone have an idea what our travel arrangements for the game? I assumed we would all travel through together on a team coach, was surprised when At least 4 seperate cars containing players were overtook us on the way home! I'd have thought traveling on the coach together would be good for morale and to discuss our game plan.

Arrived at the game by coach though would probably meet at a hotel not far from ground for preparation. Players will live in different parts of the country so no real surprise they travel separately after match.

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Plus Farid being through one on one with the Keeper only to be wrongly pulled back for offside.

I have no doubts whatsoever that he would have scored.

Terrible decision.