PDA

View Full Version : **** the cup, onto promotion

Diclonius
18-04-2015, 01:19 PM
As brutal as it sounds there is zero time for wallowing in self pity, lambasting the players/ref/whatever/etc.

If we collapse now our season is finished and we'll be spending another year down in this hellhole, possibly with a financially doped Rangers. Promotion is imperative and it starts on Wednesday at Livingston.

Deansy
18-04-2015, 01:22 PM
As brutal as it sounds there is zero time for wallowing in self pity, lambasting the players/ref/whatever/etc.

If we collapse now our season is finished and we'll be spending another year down in this hellhole, possibly with a financially doped Rangers. Promotion is imperative and it starts on Wednesday at Livingston.

Totally agree - get the line - '***** the Hun and their weegie-media - we're gonna break your hearts' into the mind !!

MSK
18-04-2015, 01:24 PM

If we collapse now our season is finished and we'll be spending another year down in this hellhole, possibly with a financially doped Rangers. Promotion is imperative and it starts on Wednesday at Livingston.:agree: lets get a big crowd through there & cheer on :gwa: boys ...

Pretty Boy
18-04-2015, 01:25 PM
That result could be massive with regards to money for new contracts. It would have been an added revenue stream

Still I said weeks ago we needed promotion over a cup win and I stand by that. Disappointed today, angry that it's the same problem that continues to cost us but will move on quickly. Nowhere near as gutted as I have been in the past. Our biggest games are yet to come.

Unseen work
18-04-2015, 01:32 PM
The best thing about losing this game is that the players now know how horrible it feels to lose and be put out.

The play offs will make them be more aggressive and ruthless IMO

essexhibee
18-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Would lost to celtic in the final anyway.

Onto the play offs we go

Carheenlea
18-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Still plenty to play for. That was shattering this afternoon, but we still have the chance to make this a special season. The games remaining are as big as the game today. I'm certainly not ready to throw the towel in just yet.

matty_f
18-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Still plenty to play for. That was shattering this afternoon, but we still have the chance to make this a special season. The games remaining are as big as the game today. I'm certainly not ready to throw the towel in just yet.

Totally.

jacomo
18-04-2015, 02:09 PM

Well said.

Btw, do we have a sports psychologist working with the squad? I think we'd benefit from one.

snooky
18-04-2015, 02:14 PM

Spot on, Bro.

Some quotes:

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." — Vince Lombardi

“You’re never a loser until you quit trying.” – Mike Ditka

“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan

Hibs Class
18-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Spot on, Bro.

Some quotes:

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." — Vince Lombardi

“You’re never a loser until you quit trying.” – Mike Ditka

“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan

And don't forget "the only way is up" - Yazz

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2015, 02:32 PM
We were dreadfully unlucky once again today but other than a good day out it is unlikely this side would win in the final. All the focus is now on the play offs without any cup final distraction's. Hopefully Stubbs can lift the players after today's disappointment and get us over the line.

Baader
18-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Spot on. i wish we'd have gone out at the semis last two finals as they were hard to take. We'll never know but if Celtic make the final wouldnt have seen us causing them a problem. Promotion has always been the priority we need to dust ourselves down and make it happen.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2015, 06:50 PM
We have to show some character now; no feeling sorry for ourselves and no looking back. That might be easier said than done, but the most important aim of the season is still achievable.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Bang on mate ..... screw the cup, onwards and upwards ............ C'mon Hibs we can do this .... I'll be there !!! :gwa:

FranckSuzy
18-04-2015, 09:17 PM
And don't forget "the only way is up" - Yazz

That made me :tee hee: on an otherwise miserable night :applause:

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 09:28 PM
That result could be massive with regards to money for new contracts. It would have been an added revenue stream

Still I said weeks ago we needed promotion over a cup win and I stand by that. Disappointed today, angry that it's the same problem that continues to cost us but will move on quickly. Nowhere near as gutted as I have been in the past. Our biggest games are yet to come.
Well you soon will be disappointed P B we just don't seem to learn and teams will know how to play us in the Play Offs

emerald green
18-04-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm just not convinced this Hibs team has got what it takes to win through three play-off ties (if we don't finish 2nd).

Being Hibs, they might prove me wrong. I hope so, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. On their day, Hibs could beat QOS, The Rangers, or Motherwell. But they are just as likely to produce results like today, and that's why I can't see them doing it.

Borderhibbie76
19-04-2015, 07:58 AM
It might turn out to be a blessing...a Cup Final and a possible 6 play off ties would have been a lot to juggle over the month of May. Lets face it...if Celtic win today...we had very little chance of winning the cup, yes its lost revenue but promotion will more than make up for that. We need to Bounce back quickly...3 wins please Hibees then on to the play offs. .we can do this!!

familyman
19-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Well we lost and being a long time supporter I guess we expect this team to give us agony and never do the easy thing.
Having said that watching Hibs last season showed a team with no bottle but plenty verbal ..We can argue some of this existing players from last season displayed nerves again yesterday,
IF WE ARE INDEED TO GET UP TO SPL NOW, then we need to show bottle ALL OF THEM ..
The past is past guys and cannot be undone, put it behind you and get promoted by giving 100%.I do not believe in ghosts from the past ,each game is a new challenge and if we actually get the players to stop talking to press and FOCUS ON THE GAME we will get there albeit we need some luck along the way...remember you make your own luck!
Cheer all the more next Saturday.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm just not convinced this Hibs team has got what it takes to win through three play-off ties (if we don't finish 2nd).

Being Hibs, they might prove me wrong. I hope so, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. On their day, Hibs could beat QOS, The Rangers, or Motherwell. But they are just as likely to produce results like today, and that's why I can't see them doing it.

I think deep down most people are probably thinking that but people want to cling on to the hope A lot being asked and expected from Farid when just back in team and can't be 100% match fit and with Malongas poor Form and goal drought and D J not really imposing himself in first team we haven't got the options we thought we had A fit Gray would also have given us. Better balls into box i think But we have what we have at present so let's see how we bounce back mid week maybe Stubbs needs to try something different in ges before playoffs as iTeams just now find us too predictable Any word when Gray might be back in Training