PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 0 v Falkirk 1 SC Semi FT

Pages : 1 [2]

Lago
18-04-2015, 01:24 PM
[9;4351565]Over reaction ofIthe thread so far... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
No I don't think promotion is on either. Hope I am proved wrong.

WillowbraeHibby
Think you should just let a few folk vent. 113 years of "wasn't our day" is starting to become a bit tiresome.

Amen to that Bro'....

Bostonhibby
To a degree your right about Falkirk, but with Hibs they were playing pretty football as far as the18 yard line then, nothing.

:agree: But we did hit the woodwork 3 times - we made the chances but didn't take them - goals win games - Falkirk - 2 realistic attempt, one went in. I did expect better from our strikers.

Jim44
18-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Over reaction of the thread so far... :rolleyes:

We'll see. Only over-reaction in your eyes. Totally realistic assessment of our chances as far as I am concerned.

Onion
18-04-2015, 01:26 PM
On the plus-side, that leaves us free to concentrate on the league. What the team MUSN'T do is let this result get them down - use it to show what we're made of !!

Worrying signs today was the way the heads dropped at 0-1 with 15 to play in a national semifinal.

Heisenberg
18-04-2015, 01:26 PM
That game was a perfect example of our entire season. ***** Falkirk side put 10 behind the ball, create one chance and win. We create numerous chances and miss them all.

DarlingtonHibee
18-04-2015, 01:27 PM
On a slightly different note, I guess that has just cost us £500k ish - so contracts will be interesting

Bostonhibby
18-04-2015, 01:28 PM
This is tactics. Houston did not have the forwards so he set the team up to play it tight and snuff out the Hibs attack. it worked and Stubbs did not have the nous to change it. I personally expected ET and penalties. But there we go for yet another season.

Am with you most of the way there. I don't think he had the players on the bench to change it much. Falkirk had a plan to keep it tight with what they had, it worked in that they scored with one of their couple of chances but they had a lot of luck. Good luck to them, they weren't the dirtiest team I have seen us against and apart from his 2 fine defensive interceptions for them they didn't get a lot of help from the ref.

Bostonhibby
18-04-2015, 01:29 PM
That game was a perfect example of our entire season. ***** Falkirk side put 10 behind the ball, create one chance and win. We create numerous chances and miss them all.

:agree: Wot he sed. Off to the pub.

WillowbraeHibby
18-04-2015, 01:30 PM
On a slightly different note, I guess that has just cost us £500k ish - so contracts will be interesting

Well, I think a few will go if offers come in, just have to wait and see where and what situation we are in at the end of the season...
I would like to say I am optimistic... But more the pessimist..

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I think deep down at half time we all knew what was going to happen (I know I did). Seen it so many times.

Mikey09
18-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Think you should just let a few folk vent. 113 years of "wasn't our day" is starting to become a bit tiresome.

Its just my opinion. I thought we were decent, hit the woodwork a few times, unlucky with others. As I said only one team tried to win the game but it wasn't to be. Of course I get folk are hurting and want to vent.... Vent away.

Thegreenside
18-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Was it just me or was Allan playing wing back with Stevenson in the middle?????

gorgie greens
18-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Just sick of the wholw lot - how many times have we been let down - worryingly getting used to it...

Cant see Allan hanging about.

Would not blame Allan ,think only way he will be with us next season is if we win the play off

Allant1981
18-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Gutted is the only way to describe how i feel

fatbloke
18-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Dear Admins please ban all the bed-wetters and outrageous posters on here. If the bed-wetters are so good and know it all how come many are sitting at a pc/laptop tablet whatever and not playing in the green and white. Ok so we lost today, 5hit happens. Better Hibs teams than this one never won the cup. FFS give everyone a break. Onward and upward to promotion now.
GGTTH always and forever. BTW I am sitting at a pc and am 58 and recently disabled so i will offer no advice etc etc to AS I will just say hard luck better luck next time.

Thecat23
18-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Very unlucky I thought today! Could and should have scored at least 4. One of those games. Gutted all the same but going up is bigger.

Come on Hibs lift it for the play offs.

GGTTH.

Mikey09
18-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Dear Admins please ban all the bed-wetters and outrageous posters on here. If the bed-wetters are so good and know it all how come many are sitting at a pc/laptop tablet whatever and not playing in the green and white. Ok so we lost today, 5hit happens. Better Hibs teams than this one never won the cup. FFS give everyone a break. Onward and upward to promotion now.
GGTTH always and forever. BTW I am sitting at a pc and am 58 and recently disabled so i will offer no advice etc etc to AS I will just say hard luck better luck next time.

:top marks

Very unlucky I thought today! Could and should have scored at least 4. One of those games. Gutted all the same but going up is bigger.

Come on Hibs lift it for the play offs.

GGTTH.

:top marks

Dan Sarf
18-04-2015, 01:48 PM
This is tactics. Houston did not have the forwards so he set the team up to play it tight and snuff out the Hibs attack. it worked and Stubbs did not have the nous to change it. I personally expected ET and penalties. But there we go for yet another season.

What would you have done?

greenpaper55
18-04-2015, 01:51 PM
You could see from the first minute that there was no urgency about our play, we seemed to think that making your pass and then strolling around was going to win the game. Having said all that there was only one team trying to win it but all it takes is one sucker punch and it's over. Not good enough from the players and the manager-Malonga on with 5 minutes left !.

Northern Hibby
18-04-2015, 01:53 PM

Vent, overreact, shout, swear, stamp feet, throw phones and generally act like it's the last straw for us with Hibs, but who we kidding we'll be back for more as soon as we calm down.

easty
18-04-2015, 01:56 PM
What would you have done?

We should have opened the game up and got it wide and to the byline. They had so many players back that we should have had them spread out. When we did do that it worked fairly well, the balls in weren't the best though. We tried to play through the middle too often today. Looking inside instead of overlapping wide.

Kavinho
18-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Next year..

Jim44
18-04-2015, 02:01 PM

This request is outrageous. Sorry to hear about your disability but I don't see why that should be relevant or give some credence to your ridiculous request to ban folk from venting their feelings just because they don't coincide with yours.

MSK
18-04-2015, 02:01 PM
GGTTH always and forever. BTW I am sitting at a pc and am 58 and recently disabled so i will offer no advice etc etc to AS I will just say hard luck better luck next time.I don't think we should be calling out for posters to be banned mate ..there are a few arsey posts, but **** we get that even when we win ffs ...folk are hurting ..& rightly so ..wasn't a good day ..

Mikey09
18-04-2015, 02:03 PM
This request is outrageous. Sorry to hear about your disability but I don't see why that should be relevant or give some credence to your ridiculous request to ban folk from venting their feelings just because they don't coincide with yours.

Think he is taking the piss a bit with his comment re banning folk... Or maybe he's venting.. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
18-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Couldn't fault them for effort. Lack of pace and width cost us. We can't turn posession into goals and that same problem has haunted us all season.

Fans outstanding as always. GGTTH!

Mikey09
18-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Next year..

Worst attempt at Trolling ever... :faf:

Kavinho
18-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Worst attempt at Trolling ever... :faf:

Down, deflated, stuck on a poxy red double decker on the M74, but I'll be back year should we make it back.

No attempt to troll, normally I'm very optimistic, this is the best I could get to though just now.

tanfield
18-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Down, deflated, stuck on a poxy red double decker on the M74, but I'll be back year should we make it back.

No attempt to troll, normally I'm very optimistic, this is the best I could get to though just now.

tell me about it Mr K. Most painful bus journey back EVER!!!!

lucky
18-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Couldn't fault them for effort. Lack of pace and width cost us. We can't turn posession into goals and that same problem has haunted us all season.

Spot on. This was a game should not have lost

gorgie greens
18-04-2015, 03:42 PM

The thing that has got us across the line has been our fitness,and Hampden was always known for the width of the pitch,sadly the part that matters is sticking the ball in the pokey and we were found wanting today,
Season still has loads to play for so let's use this as a spur to kick us on and get behind the guys,we have had more bad luck in this cup than I care to mention,and probably a few more tails of woe to come in previous years

fatbloke
18-04-2015, 04:00 PM

I didn't mean for life just for a wee while to let the knee jerk calm down. I am all for free speech and after all this is not Keekback:greengrin

emerald green
18-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Spot on. This was a game should not have lost

Sick and tired of hearing that old excuse. Heard it too often now. Shouldn't have lost, but did.

Only the other week it was chucking 3 points away at Raith Rovers. I could set out nearly a dozen games this season where this has been trotted out.

Dylan McGeouch (I like him - he's a good player) completely missing his shot in front of an open goal. I knew the writing was on the wall then. Jeez what is it about Hibs and the Scottish Cup? Another Scottish Cup heartache for the long suffering supporters.

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2015, 04:21 PM
well, that's one of the sponsors preferences for the final emptied out, they will be praying even more now for a selick win tomorrow, they could play a Falkirk v Caley thistle final at ER

fatbloke
18-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Think he is taking the piss a bit with his comment re banning folk... Or maybe he's venting.. :greengrin

Sorry not banned for life just till all have calmed down a wee bit it's no Keechback after all.

18-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Its amazing how the final result can change peoples entire perception of the game. If we had won today everybody would be praising a great performance, but because we've lost so many people are going on about how bad this and that was.

It was a smash and grab by falkirk. I think they had about 2 shots on all all game and fortunately for them one of them resulted in a goal. So disappointing but theres still so much to play for this season. We need to pick ourselves up from this and focus on trying to get ourselves up.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Its amazing how the final result can change peoples entire perception of the game. If we had won today everybody would be praising a great performance, but because we've lost so many people are going on about how bad this and that was.

It was a smash and grab by falkirk. I think they had about 2 shots on all all game and fortunately for them one of them resulted in a goal. So disappointing but theres still so much to play for this season. We need to pick ourselves up from this and focus on trying to get ourselves up.

In a nutshell.......

Bounce back starts on Wed

Swedish hibee
18-04-2015, 05:12 PM
The atmosphere on the way to Hampden was unbelievable. If only our team had the fans on the pitch eh.

Very disappointed once again, but Well Done Hibs fans- we really are the best. Our time will come :pray:

emerald green
18-04-2015, 06:15 PM
The atmosphere on the way to Hampden was unbelievable. If only our team had the fans on the pitch eh.

Very disappointed once again, but Well Done Hibs fans- we really are the best. Our time will come :pray:

Was it not the fans fault that Hibs lost today? :cb

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Was it not the fans fault that Hibs lost today? :cb

When there's 800 through at Livingston on Wednesday, watch the threads on here slaughtering those who went today.

Are folk that daft they can't put 2+2 together?

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:26 PM
When there's 800 through at Livingston on Wednesday, watch the threads on here slaughtering those who went today.

Are folk that daft they can't put 2+2 together?

Oh c'mon......Today was full of people who only go to big games, we only had 9,500 at home last week in the derby.....

Pete
18-04-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm going for a minimum of two bannings tonight.

Just wait until those who have been bevying all day get back. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2015, 06:29 PM

Carnage and Mayhem, is my thought:wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Oh c'mon......Today was full of people who only go to big games, we only had 9,500 at home last week in the derby.....

And today like many other days like it is the cause of that, whether you like it or not. The ownership and running of this club has made us into this bloody shambles which i think we have become.

Talk is cheap, once again the club has let us down and failed.

LancashireHibby
18-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Gutted. My 7 year old son had his first day of real Hibs disappointment. I'm sure it won't be the last. Especially as our local rugby team won this afternoon live on Sky in the Challenge Cup against a top four Super League team but we chose to go to Hampden instead!

Golden Bear
18-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Gutted, absolutely gutted, however it's not the end of the world. Roll on next season's Scottish Cup campaign, could it be our year? who knows , it just could be and it's that eternal thought that makes us a special breed.

ScottM1875
18-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Onwards and upwards.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2015, 09:17 PM
We should have opened the game up and got it wide and to the byline. They had so many players back that we should have had them spread out. When we did do that it worked fairly well, the balls in weren't the best though. We tried to play through the middle too often today. Looking inside instead of overlapping wide.
This for me :confused:

Bostonhibby
18-04-2015, 10:23 PM

I'm just in. No one in the pub knew what had happened when I explained why I thought we'd outplayed Falkirk but were unlucky. Truth be told no one knew what or where Falkirk was.

I couldn't afford to haunt glory today but my closing thoughts are that we will probably play worse and win. It's the hibs way.

The Pointer
18-04-2015, 11:49 PM
Just back from a do in the village and everyone, but everyone, is asking htf did we lose that. Haven't read all the threads and comments but lack of width was a problem while they just sat back, just like QotS, just like the Huns and yet we still didn't adjust. We were bloody unlucky in the end but we're just not there yet and I hope Stubbsy manages to resurrect attitudes prior to Wednesday night's game.

Still.....GGTTH!

Northern Hibby
19-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Its amazing how the final result can change peoples entire perception of the game. If we had won today everybody would be praising a great performance.

And If my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle!!

Carheenlea
19-04-2015, 06:40 AM
well, that's one of the sponsors preferences for the final emptied out, they will be praying even more now for a selick win tomorrow, they could play a Falkirk v Caley thistle final at ER

Livingston would be more suitable, or McDiarmid Park.

andrew70
20-04-2015, 12:07 PM
http://www.scotzine.com/2015/04/substance-over-style-sees-falkirk-stop-hibs/