PDA

View Full Version : Wedding day blues!!

Stantons Angel
17-04-2015, 10:51 PM
As it says in the title!

My son gets married tomorrow in Edinburgh and im gutted at not being able to go through to Hampden to see
Hibs play in the semi final tomorrow. But like any loving parent my son has to come first (or so he tells me)

Just want to wish all my friends who will be travelling a great day and i hope they all come back to Edinburgh happy!

GGTTH!

Wheat Hound
18-04-2015, 12:15 AM
I'll see you there Jinty!

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2015, 06:15 AM
Ouch that's a sore one! I'm sure you will have a brilliant day none the less. If you have any other children just make sure the are not getting hitched on final day!

lugz
18-04-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm at a wedding today as well, the groom and a fair few guests will be celebrating later hopefully.

Niffy
18-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Me too.

Argylehibby
18-04-2015, 06:46 AM
If the lad can't organise his wedding round the football season he doesn't deserve you at the bash anyway. You could always turn up at the reception for hopefully a double celebration!

Stantons Angel
18-04-2015, 06:53 AM
If the lad can't organise his wedding round the football season he doesn't deserve you at the bash anyway. You could always turn up at the reception for hopefully a double celebration!

Ha ha , to be fair they had booked this last year and i was hoping we would get the Sunday game.
I have thought of all ways around this but as i say my only son has to come first.

Good luck to the Hibs today i and a few others will be listening in on our secret phone radios with earplugs in!

PS. dont tell my new daughter in law though she just doesnt understand my passion with Hibs!!

Keith_M
18-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Ha ha , to be fair they had booked this last year and i was hoping we would get the Sunday game.
I have thought of all ways around this but as i say my only son has to come first.

Good luck to the Hibs today i and a few others will be listening in on our secret phone radios with earplugs in!

PS. dont tell my new daughter in law though she just doesnt understand my passion with Hibs!!

They're going to get a terrible shock half way through the ceremony when you jump in the air and shout "Goal!!!!!"

:wink:

bobbyhibs1983
18-04-2015, 10:53 AM
They're going to get a terrible shock half way through the ceremony when you jump in the air and shout "Goal!!!!!"

:wink:

could be worse, could jump up,kick something(or someone) and shouts "you should have f******* scored"

Stantons Angel
19-04-2015, 01:10 AM
So glad Saturday is over and thanks for the nice compliments you have all given. Im so sorry that we were not able to do it today again!

The wedding went brilliantly and i seem to have had a better time than most of you.

Cheer up though we can now concentrate on the playoffs !

lugz
19-04-2015, 06:10 PM
That awkward moment when the ceremony is finished and the groom asks what the latest score is. Thankfully we moved on quickly, the beers were flowing and it was a great night.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I've been invited to a wedding on final day. Had the invite sitting for two weeks waiting to see the outcome of yesterday. Just returned it this morning saying I would be there [emoji22]

Stantons Angel
20-04-2015, 09:17 AM
That awkward moment when the ceremony is finished and the groom asks what the latest score is. Thankfully we moved on quickly, the beers were flowing and it was a great night.

yip that just about what happened here to !

I was sitting watching one of the groomsmen's face change through the ceremony and knew we had been beaten just by the look on his face.

My son just shook his head in disappointment and got on with things. By the end of the night said groomsmen had well and truly drowned his sorrows along with many more of the guests!

Ah well thats what we get for being Hibbies!