PDA

View Full Version : Team v Falkirk

Bronson
17-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Hard one since we're struggling for a right back with Gray injured and Boyle/Watson both cup-tied. I'd probably go with a 3-5-2 again with this team:

Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon

Handling (too big a game to hand a debut to Dunsmore?)
Fyvie
Allan
McGeouch
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

Malonga
Stanton
Craig
Dja Djedje
Cerny

1van Sprou7e
17-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Hard one since we're struggling for a right back with Gray injured and Boyle/Watson both cup-tied. I'd probably go with a 3-5-2 again with this team:

Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon

Fyvie
Allan
McGeouch
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

Malonga
Stanton
Craig
Dja Djedje
Cerny

Same starting XI but Roberston on the right if he's fit

PatHead
17-04-2015, 05:14 PM

Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon

Fyvie
Allan
McGeouch
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

Malonga
Stanton
Craig
Dja Djedje
Cerny

Is Robertson definately out?

The Sundance Kid
17-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeouch
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

With Boyle cup tied and Stubbs suggesting in his Hibs TV interview that Robertson should make the game, I would bring Robertson in for Boyle and move McGeouch to right wing back

Ryan91
17-04-2015, 05:16 PM

Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon

Fyvie
Allan
McGeouch
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

Malonga
Stanton
Craig
Dja Djedje
Cerny

Not really sure that wide right is a position that Handling plays, but I wouldn't mind either him or Dunsmore, maybe Stubbs may decide differently and put Craig/Stanton into the middle and maybe push Fyvie out wide?

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeouch
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

With Boyle cup tied and Stubbs suggesting in his Hibs TV interview that Robertson should make the game, I would bring Robertson in for Boyle and move McGeouch to right wing back

That 100% should be the team and starting positions if Robbo is fit. Let's remember that McGeough was a winger up until Stubbs moved him more central this season. He has a great engine and would be fine going up and down that wing. Far better idea than playing Handling who can't possibly be match fit, or Dunsmore-which would be a huge risk in such a match

HibsNutter
17-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Since we don't have a recognised RWB, due to injury and others being cup tied (wouldn't throw Dunsmore into a game like this), I'd be tempted to play McGeouch there to utilise the wide pitch at hampden. I think it would be a mistake to revert to the narrow diamond formation on this occasion. I'd go with:

Oxley
Forster Fontaine Hanlon
McGeouch Stevenson
Robertson (if unfit, Craig)

Fyvie Allan

Stanton

El Al Cummings

Thecat23
17-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Since we don't have a recognised RWB, due to injury and others being cup tied (wouldn't throw Dunsmore into a game like this), I'd be tempted to play McGeouch there to utilise the wide pitch at hampden. I think it would be a mistake to revert to the narrow diamond formation on this occasion. I'd go with:

Oxley
Forster Fontaine Hanlon
McGeouch Stevenson
Robertson (if unfit, Craig)

Fyvie Allan

Stanton

El Al Cummings

As much as I want to win, to field 12 players I'm thinking someone will notice 😁

crash
17-04-2015, 05:43 PM
It would definitely give us an edge if we fielded 12 players, however I don't think it would be allowed.

shetlandhibee
17-04-2015, 05:46 PM
That 100% should be the team and starting positions if Robbo is fit. Let's remember that McGeough was a winger up until Stubbs moved him more central this season. He has a great engine and would be fine going up and down that wing. Far better idea than playing Handling who can't possibly be match fit, or Dunsmore-which would be a huge risk in such a match
:top marks

Pete
17-04-2015, 05:46 PM
It would definitely give us an edge if we fielded 12 players, however I don't think it would be allowed.

Hearts did it in 2012 so why not?

HibsNutter
17-04-2015, 05:52 PM
As much as I want to win, to field 12 players I'm thinking someone will notice 
hahaha woops, minus Stanton then.

Zazu62
17-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Play the 3 big centre halfs and I'm very confident of a victory tomorrow

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

McGeouch
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Stevenson

El Alagui
Cummings

Agreed. That's exactly what I'd do.

Aldo
17-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Team picks itself IMHO.

Hope Robertson is Fit as he would be the only change to last weeks winner Derby team with Boyle cup tied.

Bronson
17-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Is Robertson definately out?

Not sure, I based my team on the assumption that he is but hopefully he's fit.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Not sure, I based my team on the assumption that he is but hopefully he's fit.

He was close to making it last week wasn't he? Failed a fitness test I heard - that would suggest he's not far away?

Fingers crossed.

rebhar
17-04-2015, 08:36 PM
What about a 4-4-2 with Forster at right back and put Robertson in midfield?

mjhibby
17-04-2015, 08:42 PM
What about a 4-4-2 with Forster at right back and put Robertson in midfield?

That's how I think we will line up and as will only change if need be. Farid and the centre backs to me will make the difference with farid in the air and on the ground and the centre backs at set pieces. Let's just not bother going three down before we start playing though.

cleanyman
17-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Houston's record against us is pretty superb. He knows how to play us.

We have to get stuck into McCracken and Taiwo who are the backbone of the team.

They will miss Kerr and Baird tomorrow big time.

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Oxley

Forster Fontaine Hanlon

McGeouch Fyvie Craig Allan Stevenson

Farid Cummings

Mikey09
17-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Mcgeouch
Fyvie
Allan

El Alagui
Cummings

Personally think Hampden is to wide to play 3 at the back and would be left exposed in the channels. But will trust Stubbs to do the right thing... :gwa:

Scooter
18-04-2015, 12:10 AM
Oxley

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Mcgeouch
Fyvie
Allan

El Alagui
Cummings

Personally think Hampden is to wide to play 3 at the back and would be left exposed in the channels. But will trust Stubbs to do the right thing... :gwa:

i dont think he can play 3-5-2 unless you either throw in a youngster. robertson is not a winger or a rightback so i wouldnt expect him to play right wing back. Dylan could maybe do a job there but we would really miss his drive in the middle. or if you wanted to stick a MF in the wingback role. id put craig in LWB and switch Stevenson to RWB but then you would have two players out of position.

id go

Oxley

Foster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson

McGeouch (sp)
Fyvie

Allan

Farid
Cummings

4-1-2-1-2

Pete
18-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Houston's record against us is pretty superb. He knows how to play us.

We have to get stuck into McCracken and Taiwo who are the backbone of the team.

They will miss Kerr and Baird tomorrow big time.

You're giving Houston far too much credit as his tactics against us recently have been to park the bus.

We're better than them and if we get at them from the word go we will score.

If we subconsciously think that all we have to do is turn up to win we will be in trouble. That's what happened a couple of years ago but the fact we know all about them should mean we aren't complaicent.

JimBHibees
18-04-2015, 06:52 AM
You're giving Houston far too much credit as his tactics against us recently have been to park the bus.

We're better than them and if we get at them from the word go we will score.

If we subconsciously think that all we have to do is turn up to win we will be in trouble. That's what happened a couple of years ago but the fact we know all about them should mean we aren't complaicent.

Totally agree both home games we should have horsed them. His comments after the 3 3 game should inspire the team today.