PDA

View Full Version : Neil Doncaster - Untenable

HappyHibby93
17-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Sorry if something has been posted along these lines already, but given the utterly shambolic and completely unprofessional manner in which the SPFL handled the fixture debacle, surely Doncaster's position must be seriously examined. I found the statement totally infuriating by just trying to blame Hibs for everything. However, that is not the pressing issue out of this matter. It's been very obvious that the SPFL are desperate to see the Rangers back into the top tier as soon as possible. Even when they went bust Doncaster was trying to wriggle them into 1st Division. There's no doubt this was a stitch up to help the The Rangers back in the top tier. Sporting integrity? Don't get me started...

Waxy
17-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Who's going to examine his position? It seems like they're all employed by the old firm.

O'Rourke3
17-04-2015, 11:30 AM
You don't have to look hard in the recent statements about how the SFPL has run things to see the threat in there from Edinburgh's dynamic duo....

Caversham Green
17-04-2015, 11:32 AM
You don't have to look hard in the recent statements about how the SFPL has run things to see the threat in there from Edinburgh's dynamic duo....

Hearts making a formal complaint - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340534

Well done Budgie.

jacomo
17-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Worth saying again even if it's been said before. Please get rid of this clown!

HappyHibby93
17-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Worth saying again even if it's been said before. Please get rid of this clown!

Agreed, clown!

Hannah_hfc
17-04-2015, 11:48 AM
I had a nosey round several teams fans forums last night to see what the opinion was. General consensus is that Doncaster needs to resign asap. I have yet to see one post of someone backing him up. If any of us were that bad at our jobs we would have been shown the door long before now.

CB_NO3
17-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I want to get to the Scottish cup final and playoff final for obvious reasons but I want to see how these muppets deal with the Scottish cup final and playoff final dates. They don't have a clue.

Mentalbarnett
17-04-2015, 11:53 AM
When the 3 bodies merged there was only 1 of the 3 run well and that was the SFL and both doncaster and regan gave longmuir the boot. I just suprised it has taken this long for them to make a screw up of this size, thoug. it would be sooner.

Big_Franck
17-04-2015, 12:07 PM
His position is completely untenable. He should resign but he won't. The clubs need to get rid of his asap, I can't see a single argument for keeping him in place. It's been one farce too many for Doncaster.

Keith_M
17-04-2015, 12:12 PM
His position is completely untenable. He should resign but he won't. The clubs need to get rid of his asap, I can't see a single argument for keeping him in place. It's been one farce too many for Doncaster.

Agreed. He probably thinks he's doing a good job and will definitely want a big pay-off.

This is the man that tried to get New Rangers into the SPL, then the 1st Division and quite shamefully forecast a 'Footballing Armageddon' if they weren't admitted.

He is the same person that has failed completely to find a League Sponsor. No surprise, given his 'Armageddon' statement; that's hardly the Big Sell.

Gatecrasher
17-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Agreed. He probably thinks he's doing a good job and will definitely want a big pay-off.

This is the man that tried to get New Rangers into the SPL, then the 1st Division and quite shamefully forecast a 'Footballing Armageddon' if they weren't admitted.

He is the same person that has failed completely to find a League Sponsor. No surprise, given his 'Armageddon' statement; that's hardly the Big Sell.

:agree:
In my eyes he should have been punted a long time ago, since all that above and more he has been given a pay rise. shows what I Know

KeithTheHibby
17-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Situations happen during the course of the season such as decisions around play off dates and games being moved for tv which has shown up Doncaster's incompetence and inability to make the correct decision.

The most galling thing for me is being unable to secure a sponsor of any kind for the last 2 seasons. That should be a sacking offence in itself.

KirkyK
17-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but just seen Killie will play 18 home games and 20 away this season...WTF is that about?:confused:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2015, 12:40 PM
The failure to secure a sponsor for our league system should be a sackable offence in itself. The fact the man in charge of the organisation has spent the last few years talking his product down at every opportunity must have contributed.

In any commerical or public business, and I dare say a majority in the 3rd sector as well, he would have been booted out the door a long time ago.

tamig
17-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but just seen Killie will play 18 home games and 20 away this season...WTF is that about?:confused:

Heard the Killie chairman on the radio last night. He said they had written to the SPFL back in December requesting that their final game of the season be at home as they have a big 50th anniversary event celebrating winning the league on goal average from you know who. He said there were lots of old players coming from all corners of the world for the occasion. What happens? They are away to St Mirren in the last game. The whole organisation is a shambles.

The_Sauz
17-04-2015, 01:35 PM

Don't worry mate! Just like the referee's decisions, they will balance themselves out over the season. Not sure what season the SPFL had in mind, as the TV company's could well change it! :agree:

Gatecrasher
17-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Heard the Killie chairman on the radio last night. He said they had written to the SPFL back in December requesting that their final game of the season be at home as they have a big 50th anniversary event celebrating winning the league on goal average from you know who. He said there were lots of old players coming from all corners of the world for the occasion. What happens? They are away to St Mirren in the last game. The whole organisation is a shambles.

Really? What a bunch of ********s.

Baader
17-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Fair play to Budge as well. Like Leanne she is not taking any crap from this idiot. No wonder Scottish football is a virtual laughing stock with incompetence like this. The worrying thing is it goes beyond being useless - it's corrupt as well. To think they thought they could get away with it...

southsider
17-04-2015, 01:45 PM
The statement released to the press, I think, on the Wednesday am blaming Hibs for his own incompetence was a scandal and imo worthy of a law suit as it was down right lies. Leann left him in no doubt about our clubs feelings and good on her but we should threaten Doncaster with said Court Case unless he goes now.

The_Sauz
17-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Not sure why they call themselves the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) when they should do everybody a favour and drop the "P" for an "O" and call themselves Scottish (or Sky) Old Firm League (SOFL) at least we would know were we stood :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-04-2015, 02:11 PM
And of course Sky are blameless... NOT. They are the king makers that decide which leagues prosper whilst others wilt on the vine. Chairmen and associations enticed by their dosh.

Question (not Sky's fault) - Of all the money's taken in from TV, where has it gone ? Players / agents pockets. Grass roots, facilities for supporters? There should be a fairer distribution.

Heedersnvolleys
17-04-2015, 02:27 PM
And of course Sky are blameless... NOT. They are the king makers that decide which leagues prosper whilst others wilt on the vine. Chairmen and associations enticed by their dosh.

Question (not Sky's fault) - Of all the money's taken in from TV, where has it gone ? Players / agents pockets. Grass roots, facilities for supporters? There should be a fairer distribution.
Again of his own making because he cannot get a sponsor the league is over reliant on TV money and he has to bend over at the whim of the TV bosses.

brog
17-04-2015, 02:32 PM
The moment he said there would be Armageddon if Newco weren't parachuted into the 2nd tier he should have been fired. His shocking efforts to blame others for his own incompetence appear to embarrass everyone except him!

snooky
17-04-2015, 02:39 PM
The moment he said there would be Armageddon if Newco weren't parachuted into the 2nd tier he should have been fired. His shocking efforts to blame others for his own incompetence appear to embarrass everyone except him!

Yeh, okay. But who'd do the Donkey work?

Leithenhibby
17-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Sorry if something has been posted along these lines already, but given the utterly shambolic and completely unprofessional manner in which the SPFL handled the fixture debacle, surely Doncaster's position must be seriously examined. I found the statement totally infuriating by just trying to blame Hibs for everything. However, that is not the pressing issue out of this matter. It's been very obvious that the SPFL are desperate to see the Rangers back into the top tier as soon as possible. Even when they went bust Doncaster was trying to wriggle them into 1st Division. There's no doubt this was a stitch up to help the The Rangers back in the top tier. Sporting integrity? Don't get me started...

No apology needed, this needs to be out there, and some. We win the morra and our season will, possibly be into June wtf...

Hearts making a formal complaint - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340534

Well done Budgie.

It's, Mrs Budge from now on for, Me :aok:

But, But it's a level playing field don'tcha know..... This split nonsense isn't working imo :agree:

Seveno
17-04-2015, 02:50 PM
When LD said that the governance of the SPFL had to be looked at, I took that to mean Donkey. I have a feeling that, backed up by Rod, she will not let this rest.

Lago
17-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Oh for the days of Jim Farry!

Leithenhibby
17-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Oh for the days of Jim Farry!

Ernie Walker = Old School.

I also see that young, Jackie Mac would prefer a bigger league set-up!!... Doncaster may play this as his joker card :cb

greenpaper55
17-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Doncaster was the one who was favouring a ten team league a few years ago even when every survey of the fans wanted a larger league, ignore your public at your peril. He favoured the ten as it no doubt gave the OF a greater chance of dominance every season, sack him now.

Onion
17-04-2015, 04:21 PM

Some people think Sky are innocent in all of this and that the full blame lies with Doncaster, but I don't buy that. Sky is a sharp, ruthless business that's only interested in the bottom line. They will have known full well that the Sevco match on Sunday would greatly increase interest in the match AND improve their chances of promotion. They want OF games more than anyone, maybe even more than Celtic and Hun fans !

Yes, SPFL should never had allowed it but We should be investigating Sky's role. It stinks.

BoomtownHibees
17-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Some people think Sky are innocent in all of this and that the full blame lies with Doncaster, but I don't buy that. Sky is a sharp, ruthless business that's only interested in the bottom line. They will have known full well that the Sevco match on Sunday would greatly increase interest in the match AND improve their chances of promotion. They want OF games more than anyone, maybe even more than Celtic and Hun fans !

Yes, SPFL should never had allowed it but We should be investigating Sky's role. It stinks.

It's well within Sky's right to pick a game for the telly. It's up to them who run the game to ensure that all other fixtures are then played at the same time.

Sunny1875
17-04-2015, 05:07 PM
I dont think it was the moving of the Hearts-Newco Match to the Sunday for Sky Coverage that was the whole problem, It was the late decision to move ONLY one game, Thus swinging advantage to Newco in the race for 2nd place and one less playoff game. I think the blame for this does not only lay at the feet of Donkey and Sky tv, I think Hearts, Hibs and QOS should all be severely punished by the SPFL for not working to the scripted season

HappyHibby93
17-04-2015, 05:24 PM
No apology needed, this needs to be out there, and some. We win the morra and our season will, possibly be into June wtf...

It's, Mrs Budge from now on for, Me :aok:

But, But it's a level playing field don'tcha know..... This split nonsense isn't working imo :agree:

Our season running into June should be a good, as we'll be playing for trophies, that's what it's all about. Very poor from the SFA and the SPFL to have the Scottish Cup final and the Playoff final within a day of each other. Total disregard for the "lesser" teams. As for the split, I think it has its pluses, but every year you hear about a team getting more away games than home games, or the other way around. There's no doubt that's no good enough. Would agree with Jackie Mac Jnr, bigger league would be far better, particularly from a fans point of view. I would suggest there are quite a few teams in the championship that could hold there own the the premiership

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

hibee316
17-04-2015, 05:27 PM
I think you are giving Donkeycaster to much credit. I think he is just an idiot and seriously didn't consider the fact there are other clubs involved.
I bet if you asked him, he would be dumbfounded that not every fan in Scotland would want The the Gers (on the tyne) back in the top league, AND an extra game on Sky!

I mean come on guys, they are an institution! Sorry, I meant they are the The institution.

Bristolhibby
17-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Doncaster was the one who was favouring a ten team league a few years ago even when every survey of the fans wanted a larger league, ignore your public at your peril. He favoured the ten as it no doubt gave the OF a greater chance of dominance every season, sack him now.

I remember that, when every fan is asked, the answer is a bigger league of 16-20. What does he propose? A10 team top league.

FFS, you couldn't make it up!

PeeKay
17-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Allowing the Hearts-R$angers fixture to be re-arranged without any consultation was bad enough, but what really riled me was when his mistake was pointed out to him Doncaster's statement showed that he STILL just could not see what all the fuss was about. Moving all Championship fixtures to the same KO time looks to me like a petulant act of petty revenge.

The_Sauz
17-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Sky are the only company that want league games played on League Cup final day when the old firm are not involved! The Rangers played Falkirk when we played Livi and Celtic played away when we played Killie!
I remember Gordon Strachan (Celtic manager at the time) saying that no league games should be played on the day of a cup final, as the day belongs to the 2 finalist :agree:

Sir David Gray
17-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Forgetting about the nonsense surrounding everything with Sevco at the moment and the chaos regarding the fixture list at the end of this season, the fact that we have a professional league that can't even attract a sponsor is criminal in my view and for that alone he should be forced out.

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2015, 10:46 PM
The guy is a spineless muppet who should've been punted years ago. (And so's Regan).

lucky
18-04-2015, 01:36 AM
Doncaster obviously did not think finishing 2cd was anything worth bothering about as he thought Hibs were already in the play offs and QOS will have tied up 4th place

Jones28
18-04-2015, 07:24 AM

That is an absolute joke, and I'll explain why because it gets even ****ter for killie!

They requested their game on the 24/25th of April be a home game as they are commemorating the 50th anniversary of their league triumph that day. Even after specifically asking for it to be a home match, it's not. It's away to the buddies. Oh yeah, and they made this request in December.

Maybe our resident killie pie can fill in/expand for me but this alone is enough for me to be about finished with our footballing authorities.

Peevemor
18-04-2015, 09:30 AM
That is an absolute joke, and I'll explain why because it gets even ****ter for killie!

They requested their game on the 24/25th of April be a home game as they are commemorating the 50th anniversary of their league triumph that day. Even after specifically asking for it to be a home match, it's not. It's away to the buddies. Oh yeah, and they made this request in December.

Maybe our resident killie pie can fill in/expand for me but this alone is enough for me to be about finished with our footballing authorities.

This in a league where teams can decide to take a week off to play a friendly.

calmac12000
18-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately, our views are not likely to carry much, if any weight at all TBH. In my opinion the man should have received his jotters over the Sevco fiasco, if nothing else!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jones28
18-04-2015, 12:04 PM
This in a league where teams can decide to take a week off to play a friendly.

Exactly.

grunt
19-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Neil Doncaster: Stupid Is As Stupid Does

(http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=27045)

tamig
19-04-2015, 01:49 PM

I heard the Killie chairman talking about that on Sportsound during the week and posted about it on first page.