PDA

View Full Version : semi-final tickets not delivered

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Just contacted hibs as advised on tues as the tickets I ordered have not arrived. Just been informed as sent 1st class nothing could be done. Been advised to contact post office.asked if tickets will be on sale 2moz girl said SFA have not decided on this. Asked if I paid again for tickets could I pick up from hampden. Was told no. Not happy at all.

oneone73
17-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Just contacted hibs as advised on tues as the tickets I ordered have not arrived. Just been informed as sent 1st class nothing could be done. Been advised to contact post office.asked if tickets will be on sale 2moz girl said SFA have not decided on this. Asked if I paid again for tickets could I pick up from hampden. Was told no. Not happy at all.
Not much consolation, but you should be able to buy from ticket pods at Hampden tomorrow. Surely the SFA wouldn't close off this option with 20,000 seats still available.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Hope you get it sorted out. Amazed that the SFA haven't decided whether tickets will be on sale at Hampden yet. Should have been decided ages ago.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2015, 10:53 AM
So if postal tickets don't arrive, is that it, nothing can be done?

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Hope you get it sorted out. Amazed that the SFA haven't decided whether tickets will be on sale at Hampden yet. Should have been decided ages ago.

That was the though according to hibs sfa are still ti decide if they will do this.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 10:55 AM

Think so. That's why I always arrange to collect from the stadium. Not so easy if you live far from Edinburgh.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 10:56 AM

Yea.

CropleyWasGod

In terms of what Hibs can do, probably not.

However, years ago I lost tickets for a Scotland game. I called the SFA, and they printed out duplicates, which I was able to pick up.That might be worth exploring.

If there has been a theft of the OP'S tickets, the SFA can find out who is in those seats, and take action from there.

FranckSuzy
I would hope, not that it's ideal mind, that if your tickets don't arrive till Monday say, and you have to buy more (assuming you can!), Hibs would be decent enough to reimburse you. Good luck :aok:

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 10:57 AM
That was the though according to hibs sfa are still ti decide if they will do this.

Let me know what seat you booked and I'll see if a postman is sitting in it tomorrow. :wink:

liamh2202
17-04-2015, 10:57 AM

Hibs are responsible to chase this up. Just like if you sell something online, you are responsible until it's in the buyers hand

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Hibs are responsible to chase this up. Just like if you sell something online, you are responsible until it's in the buyers hand

Not sure what they can do as they are just stuck in the normal mail.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 11:01 AM

However, years ago I lost tickets for a Scotland game. I called the SFA, and they printed out duplicates, which I was able to pick up.

If there has been a theft of the OP'S tickets, the SFA can find out who is in those seats, and take action from there. on way to post office now. Just very lucky I had today booked off work. If not there will try the sfa. cheers for this infom

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 11:04 AM

However, years ago I lost tickets for a Scotland game. I called the SFA, and they printed out duplicates, which I was able to pick up.That might be worth exploring.

If there has been a theft of the OP'S tickets, the SFA can find out who is in those seats, and take action from there.

Aye but anyone with an ounce of sense wouldn't sit in the seat that the ticket is for if there are plenty others to choose from. Well I wouldn't for sure.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2015, 11:04 AM
on way to post office now. Just very lucky I had today booked off work. If not there will try the sfa. cheers for this infom

I hope you get them, mate. It isn't good you have to go chasing around like this, the day before the match.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 11:05 AM
I would hope, not that it's ideal mind, that if your tickets don't arrivedMonday say, and you have to buy more (assuming you can!), Hibs would be decent enough to reimburse you. Good luck :aok:

Yea if they arrive afterwards. Hibs will reimburs. Not having a go at hibs.apparantly it's the sfa decision.

marinello59
17-04-2015, 11:07 AM

Did you ask of your tickets have been put in the collections pile by mistake? That happened to me before the 2001 Cup Final and Hibs really went the extra mile to sort it out for me.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 11:07 AM

How many tickets had you bought? Just asking as if you were really stuck and wanted to buy again online then I'll go to Easter Road and pick them up and meet you at Hampden tomorrow.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 11:09 AM
How many tickets had you bought?

Two. At least we have the loyalty points.

O'Rourke3
17-04-2015, 11:11 AM
That's a real pain. I ordered tickets for Livingston on Tuesday and they arrived Wednesday. I'd try the re-print option. Best of luck.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 11:13 AM
That's a real pain. I ordered tickets for Livingston on Tuesday and they arrived Wednesday. I'd try the re-print option. Best of luck.

He can't print them. That option isn't available for this match.

Greencore
17-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Shocking. We live in a day and age where technology seems to be at its best with scanning a debit card via your phone instead of typing it out. Surely there should be a ticket app where you can scan your phone through turn styles. The fact you have and many others including myself have paid good money for these tickets and nothing seems to be getting done about it is appalling. Good luck to you mate

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 11:14 AM
With the stadium being half full you'd need to be thick as s..t to actually sit in the seats that are stated on the "stolen" tickets.

I know. I said much the same in a previous post. Be like stealing the Crown Jewels and writing to Buckingham Palace on your headed letterhead asking if they want to buy them.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Not at the main sorting office in wigan. Will phone the sfa when I get back. If they cannie do anything we will be screwed if they are none on sale 2moz.

O'Rourke3
17-04-2015, 11:20 AM
He can't print them. That option isn't available for this match.

I was referring to Post #8 - I meant duplicate :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
17-04-2015, 11:32 AM
surely they can cancel the "posted" ones and re-issue them? would involve picking them up at ER/hampden, obvs.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 11:38 AM
surely they can cancel the "posted" ones and re-issue them? would involve picking them up at ER/hampden, obvs.

This is what I thought. Hibs advised this cannot be done.Which is sfa's policy.called them and they advised contact hibs. Being a parcel now. We just hope they are on sale 2moz.

BS44
17-04-2015, 11:39 AM
This is what I thought. Hibs advised this cannot be done.Which is sfa's policy.called them and they advised contact hibs. Being a parcel now. We just hope they are on sale 2moz.

Check your pm's

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 11:44 AM
I was referring to Post #8 - I meant duplicate :greengrin

I thought that's what you meant. :aok:

Brightside
17-04-2015, 11:53 AM

No they are not. As a buyer if you chose unsecured 1st class mail...its then between you and the Royal Mail. Only way to gurantee tickets through the mail is PECIAL rECORDED dELIVERY.

GreenArmyyy!
17-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Hibs have it well within their power to help you out here. I understand the system can be manipulated but on a case by case basis when somebody is offering to buy more tickets Hibs should be making an effort to help.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Aye but anyone with an ounce of sense wouldn't sit in the seat that the ticket is for if there are plenty others to choose from. Well I wouldn't for sure.

They would probably sell them on, though.

LancashireHibby
17-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Tickets not arriving in the post and then being duplicated on the day is common practice and I find it staggering if the SFA aren't willing to do that. However, if there wasn't to be any duplicates issued, then Hibs will have been aware of this and should have communicated it as such and not allowed the 'first class post' option to be selected online.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2015, 01:17 PM
These glory hunter one game a season types are always moaning.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Hibs have it well within their power to help you out here. I understand the system can be manipulated but on a case by case basis when somebody is offering to buy more tickets Hibs should be making an effort to help.

Yea they could do. Though were would they draw the line. At present as far as I know I am the only one who has not received tickets.. Which is not much of a cost to hibs to sort out. though next time it could be a lot more and very costly to hibs and we would expect hibs to do the same. It's the sfa's ticketing system that needs up dated.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2015, 01:57 PM

So what's your excuse?

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 02:34 PM

Know you to well gary. Just joining your moaning club for today. It's down to the sfa and not hibs. They run the show and have a ticket system which needs updating. May get the guys in sales at fujitsu ti give them a call.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Know you to well gary. Just joining your moaning club for today. It's down to the sfa and not hibs. They run the show and have a ticket system which needs updating. May get the guys in sales at fujitsu ti give them a call.

Hope you get it sorted Bob, if not i'm sure you will be able to pick them up at the pods before the game matey. See you at the station in the morning bud. :greengrin

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Need to purchase 2 more. On earlier train than you and the others. We get into central for 11. An easy win and it will all be worth it. Knowing my luck they will arrive 2moz.

Pete
17-04-2015, 03:04 PM

A day before the match and the SFA "haven't decided" if they will be selling tickets on the day?

First the SPFL and now this. WTF is going on with the people who are running our game?

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Need to purchase 2 more. On earlier train than you and the others. We get into central for 11. An easy win and it will all be worth it. Knowing my luck they will arrive 2moz.

I know that Bob, i think we will get there a little early and just sneak on the same train as you. Do the hide in the toilet trick we've all done before. :wink:

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 03:12 PM
I know that Bob, i think we will get there a little early and just sneak on the same train as you. Do the hide in the toilet trick we've all done before. :wink:

Lol.that could be fun.

IanM
17-04-2015, 04:23 PM
@ScottishFA: #HIBSFAL | Fans can buy match tickets from 10am tomorrow via
Aikenhead Road (Hibs) and West Stand (Falkirk) http://t.co/568GbD7mrC

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 04:33 PM
@ScottishFA: #HIBSFAL | Fans can buy match tickets from 10am tomorrow via
Aikenhead Road (Hibs) and West Stand (Falkirk) http://t.co/568GbD7mrC

Cheers. Will make the journey worth it. Knowing tickets will be on sale.

Stantons Angel
17-04-2015, 05:42 PM
No they are not. As a buyer if you chose unsecured 1st class mail...its then between you and the Royal Mail. Only way to gurantee tickets through the mail is PECIAL rECORDED dELIVERY.

If you read the disclaimer Hibs put up every time they issue a sale of tickets it reads that they disclaim all responsibility once the ticket leaves the club its the responsibility then of the Royal Mail.

hibs have been issuing statements all day telling supporters that the ticket office closes at 5 pm and there is no sale from there tomorrow. The online system was also noted as being taken off line this afternoon with all tickets having to be picked up by 5pm tonight!

This has been well publicised by the club and supporters would have been able to see the information on line or in the newspapers.

You cannot print off tickets for this game as only home games are attached to the database for purchase and printing off site....

Carheenlea
17-04-2015, 05:49 PM
I`m pretty sure in the past 1st class post has not been made available and recorded delivery at £5 or so being the only option when sending out tickets to try and avoid unfortunate situations like the OP has suffered. I usually collect, but if relying on mail delivery the extra cost of the Recorded Delivery and peace of mind is well worth the extra couple of pounds. Surprised the option of first class post was given really.

the pie eater
17-04-2015, 07:53 PM
I`m pretty sure in the past 1st class post has not been made available and recorded delivery at £5 or so being the only option when sending out tickets to try and avoid unfortunate situations like the OP has suffered. I usually collect, but if relying on mail delivery the extra cost of the Recorded Delivery and peace of mind is well worth the extra couple of pounds. Surprised the option of first class post was given really.

If I was aware the sfa ticketing system was so out of date and cancelation re-submit of tickets was not possible I would have paid the extra. Tickets printed out by hibs are all bar coded so they can cancel and re-submit tickets that go missing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Due to iffy work schedules, I only knew on Wednesday morning that I could go tomorrow. I bought tickets through the club website at just before twelve noon. Paid a pound for first class post and they were delivered yesterday.

HH81
17-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Mine arrived in West Yorkshire within 24 hours. Pnly paid 1 quid too.

LancashireHibby
17-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Mine arrived in West Yorkshire within 24 hours. Pnly paid 1 quid too.

Same here, and mine probably went through the same sorting office as the pie eater. Pure bad luck. Think I'll pay for special delivery if we get to the final!

HH81
17-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Same here, and mine probably went through the same sorting office as the pie eater. Pure bad luck. Think I'll pay for special delivery if we get to the final!

Might see yiu on train tomorrow, loads of beer with us if you fancy one :aok: