PDA

View Full Version : Leanne Dempster & Ann Budge

Hibernian Verse
17-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Turning out to be quite the formidable duo, managing to keep the SPFL in check. Fair play to Hearts for backing us up, and also to Motherwell about the playoffs.

Maybe the future of the game is a wee bit rosier than we think with two progressive club structures and people in the capital.

Thecat23
17-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Both clubs deserve credit for standing up to the SPFL. Was good to see Hearts issue a statement just after we did!

Keith_M
17-04-2015, 09:05 AM
The previous bunch in charge of their Club missed no opportunity to have sly digs at Hibs, e.g. the Docksiders comment and proclaiming we were no longer their rivals, as they'd moved on to bigger things.

They also take the opportunity to rub our noses in any victory over us, particularly at Derby games when they parade goal scorers against Hibs from obscure matches way in the past.

They even recently, in an attempt to encourage Fans to buy tickets, had a picture on their Official Web Site mocking Hibs. This was during Budge's era, which suggest to me that there are plenty of people still at Hearts that would happily revert to the un-professional manner in which they previously conducted their business.

The current situation is a step in the right direction but I think I'll hang fire on deciding that we've entered a new era of professionalism and mutual respect.

weecounty hibby
17-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Very telling for me that celtic have been very quiet in all of this. Only interested in what's best for themselves and that is Der Hun being in their league next season to maximise revenue. They know they won't be a threat on the park for a while yet but are still box office when playing against them
Great to see Hibs and others standing up to the Glasgow biased authorities

Wilson
17-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Marry. Snog.

easty
17-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Very telling for me that celtic have been very quiet in all of this. Only interested in what's best for themselves and that is Der Hun being in their league next season to maximise revenue. They know they won't be a threat on the park for a while yet but are still box office when playing against them

Celtc have got nae reason to get involved or comment on it.

hibee_girl
17-04-2015, 09:50 AM

Why would Celtic get involved? They are in a different league so it's nothing to do with them

jacomo
17-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Marry. Snog.

Murder.

PatHead
17-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Why would Celtic get involved? They are in a different league so it's nothing to do with them

Because Celtic are involved as a member club of the SPFL although they are in a different division?

Because Lawell negotiated the tv deal with Doncaster?

Because Celtic will receive money from the deal as it stands whereas they don't (or at least get a smaller amount) if Hibs proposals go through?

Because Celtic should encourage sporting integrity at every opportunity within the Scottish game? (Same applies to all other clubs as well.)

If you follow the "Celtic shouldn't get involved argument" the issue had nothing to do with the SFA but they were quick enough to make their feelings known.

snooky
17-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Turning out to be quite the formidable duo, managing to keep the SPFL in check. Fair play to Hearts for backing us up, and also to Motherwell about the playoffs.

Maybe the future of the game is a wee bit rosier than we think with two progressive club structures and people in the capital.
Aye. Dempster wouldn't Lean and Ann wouldn't Budge.
Womens' power has arrived and it's a refreshing change.

James70
17-04-2015, 10:52 AM
If it had just been Hibs that were protesting I doubt any action would have been taken. There was really no need for Hearts to get involved but full marks to them for backing Hibs on this occasion. The authorities had to take more notice when more than one club were voicing concerns.

marinello59
17-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Great to see the two Edinburgh clubs sticking together. Rivals on the pitch, allies off it. I like that.

Peevemor
17-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Great to see the two Edinburgh clubs sticking together. Rivals on the pitch, allies off it. I like that.

:agree: As it should be.

Fenriz
17-04-2015, 01:17 PM
A positive development in my opinion. I've actually just written a blog post on this matter; check it out and see what you think:

https://mondaynightfitba.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/a-ludicrous-situation-entirely-of-the-spfls-making/

MrSmith
17-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Good read buddy, really enjoyed it.

snooky
17-04-2015, 02:50 PM
A positive development in my opinion. I've actually just written a blog post on this matter; check it out and see what you think:

https://mondaynightfitba.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/a-ludicrous-situation-entirely-of-the-spfls-making/

Well written article :aok:

(btw, in 4th para should 'last year' not be 'this year', or am I reading it wrong?)

Fenriz
17-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Well spotted mate! Corrected it, thanks :aok:

FranckSuzy
17-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Very good article, :top marks

heretoday
17-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Marry. Snog.

I'm getting a semi just thinking about them together.

Who's on top?

Stantons Angel
17-04-2015, 05:52 PM

With women in control there is bound to be a vast all round improvement in everything! ............. or dont you agree?

Forza Fred
18-04-2015, 12:07 AM
With women in control there is bound to be a vast all round improvement in everything! ............. or dont you agree?

There have been disparaging remarks over Ms Budge on this board, simply I think, because she is control of Nhearts, and which were in my opinion, unwarranted.

She has demonstrated so far in her short time in charge that she appears to be a straight shooter, and not like previous heads of a Hertz.

If circumstances were different, I would feel a lot more comfortable if she instead of Petrie was at the helm of our club.

Any chance of a swap deal?:hibees

Pete
18-04-2015, 12:40 AM
There have been disparaging remarks over Ms Budge on this board, simply I think, because she is control of Nhearts, and which were in my opinion, unwarranted.

She has demonstrated so far in her short time in charge that she appears to be a straight shooter, and not like previous heads of a Hertz.

If circumstances were different, I would feel a lot more comfortable if she instead of Petrie was at the helm of our club.

Petrie isn't at the helm of our club.

Pete
18-04-2015, 12:47 AM

I expect there to be an improvement when it comes to catering and the cleanliness of the toilets.

weecounty hibby
18-04-2015, 05:43 AM

LD is at the helm of the good ship Hibernian, and a damn fine job she is doing of steering it at the moment

3pm
18-04-2015, 05:55 AM

I know I am just petty but I can't stand them. The idea we are allies makes me sick.

I want nothing to do with them. They are the enemy.

ALF TUPPER
18-04-2015, 06:13 AM

Great piece ! :top marks

ACLeith
18-04-2015, 06:16 AM
I know I am just petty but I can't stand them. The idea we are allies makes me sick.

I want nothing to do with them. They are the enemy.

Petty? no, I despair when I hear and read comments like that. Nobody was celebrating more then me when we scored last week, but in the circle of good friends I have amassed over the years are supporters of many other teams, including many Jambos. They chose their team to support for exactly the same reasons as me - it was the family team and we have all carried on the tradition. I also have Jambo relatives, including a very special uncle and I loved our banter when he was alive.

Was chatting to my Jambo next door neighbour yesterday and he said he was hoping we would win last Sunday, because he wanted us to get promoted instead of TRFC.

Enemies? It's not war, it's sport. If any club wants to work together with us for the genuine improvement of the game in our country, then they get my support.

BTW, on the last day of the regular season, if we need Hearts to take something off TRFC, will you not be supporting them?

green day
18-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Petty? no, I despair when I hear and read comments like that. Nobody was celebrating more then me when we scored last week, but in the circle of good friends I have amassed over the years are supporters of many other teams, including many Jambos. They chose their team to support for exactly the same reasons as me - it was the family team and we have all carried on the tradition. I also have Jambo relatives, including a very special uncle and I loved our banter when he was alive.

Was chatting to my Jambo next door neighbour yesterday and he said he was hoping we would win last Sunday, because he wanted us to get promoted instead of TRFC.

Enemies? It's not war, it's sport. If any club wants to work together with us for the genuine improvement of the game in our country, then they get my support.

BTW, on the last day of the regular season, if we need Hearts to take something off TRFC, will you not be supporting them?

I agree, but.......there is still a lingering issue at Hearts. e.g. their Press officer, someone showed me his twitter account, its laced with anti hibs venom, including his kids doing the 5-1 as his avatar.

If budge wants any real "partnership" with Hibs she needs to clean her house first.

Too many over there take the plaudits for 3 cup wins / reinventing a team / fan owned club etc and conveniently forget all were done with other peoples money.

ACLeith
18-04-2015, 06:32 AM
I agree, but.......there is still a lingering issue at Hearts. e.g. their Press officer, someone showed me his twitter account, its laced with anti hibs venom, including his kids doing the 5-1 as his avatar.

If budge wants any real "partnership" with Hibs she needs to clean her house first.

Too many over there take the plaudits for 3 cup wins / reinventing a team / fan owned club etc and conveniently forget all were done with other peoples money.

I agree GD, it will take a long time to rid their club of 30 years of garbage, but building bridges when it's appropriate helps that along.

Ozyhibby
18-04-2015, 06:34 AM

His kids do the 5-1? That's absolutely disgusting. How is this guy allowed to work in football? I was just coming round to the idea that Hearts may be a well run club for the first time and then this happens. Someone needs to call social services.

ano hibby
18-04-2015, 06:39 AM

Good article that mate, thanks

3pm
18-04-2015, 07:23 AM

BTW, on the last day of the regular season, if we need Hearts to take something off TRFC, will you not be supporting them?.

To be honest, I wish I had never typed it because nothing good can come from it today.

I stand by the sentiment but it could have been worded better or more depth provided.

Let's leave it there and we can debate it another time.

Enjoy your day!