PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN WELCOMES FINAL ROUND DECISION

RSS Bot
16-04-2015, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5357)

IanM
16-04-2015, 05:13 PM
I think I love her

Nando™
16-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Leeann will you marry me?

Hibee_Craig7062
16-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Well done LD and Hibs. Proud of my club standing up to this. Statement shows how shoddy the SPFL were throughout the whole matter....a matter entirely brought about by themselves

Juice-Terry
16-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Very impressive Leann, very impressive indeed. :flag:

JohnM1875
16-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Again she is absolutely spot on. She really is a breathe of fresh air.

Nando™
16-04-2015, 05:17 PM
My favourite bit is where Hibs uses the headline "Hibernian welcomes final round decision" to lure you into thinking it's going to be a rosy wee thank you to everyone for making things right, only for LD to then castrate the SPFL :hilarious

banarc7062
16-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I think I love her

So heartening to see someone with the guts to face down our "impartial" body to achieve a level playing field in this matter. Well done. GGTTH:thumbsup:

Hibee_Craig7062
16-04-2015, 05:20 PM
My favourite bit is where Hibs uses the headline "Hibernian welcomes final round decision" to lure you into thinking it's going to be a rosy wee thank you to everyone for making things right, only for LD to then castrate the SPFL :hilarious

Its genius!!!

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Another early kickoff, terrific, I really feel as if we haven't had enough of these in recent weeks.

JimBHibees
16-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Absolutely rips Doncaster a new one with that statement. Superb.

Hibee_Craig7062
16-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Another early kickoff, terrific, I really feel as if we haven't had enough of these in recent weeks.

Maybe doesnt suit everyone but i sure as hell prefer it to playing the day before sevco!!!

LancsHibs
16-04-2015, 05:28 PM
She really gives it right to them:thumbsup:

EdinMike
16-04-2015, 05:29 PM
I particularly love this tid bit..

"Hibernian FC believes a review of the governance of the SPFL is now urgently required to ensure our league competitions are run professionally and with appropriate respect for all member clubs. The way in which the SPFL has communicated with Clubs involved in this situation has been far from acceptable.Hibernian is deeply concerned that the SPFL sought to abdicate its responsibility, choosing instead to shuffle the onus on to its individual member clubs, and in particular on to Hibernian."

Jason if you may...

:giruy2:

Thanks Jason !

Smartie
16-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Fair play to her too in acknowledging the statements that The Rangers and Hearts made.

The SPFL have made a right royal balls-up of this (and stand to do so again if the season has to be extended) through utterly appalling scheduling.

Hopefully if the clubs work together they can get rid of the morons that subject us to this drivel.

All we want is a level playing field.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2015, 05:30 PM

How many have we had? Rangers at ER. Can't think of many more seen as the Hearts game wasn't particularly early.

Anyway, on topic, good to see the club standing up for themselves. Wouldn't have happened previously.

Pete
16-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Even Rangers and Stuart McCall were laughing at the absurdity of all this.

They all have to go.

emerald green
16-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Doncaster's position is surely untenable after this public humiliation. It's surely time for him to go.

Well done Hibs, and LD in particular.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2015, 05:34 PM

"Hibernian FC believes a review of the governance of the SPFL is now urgently required to ensure our league competitions are run professionally and with appropriate respect for all member clubs. The way in which the SPFL has communicated with Clubs involved in this situation has been far from acceptable.Hibernian is deeply concerned that the SPFL sought to abdicate its responsibility, choosing instead to shuffle the onus on to its individual member clubs, and in particular on to Hibernian."

Jason if you may...

Thanks Jason !

BBC reporting that 4 clubs are issuing formal complaints about the governance of the SPFL. Hearts were named as one of them. Probably Hibs, not sure who the others are

NAE NOOKIE
16-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Sock !!! ..... Kapowee !!! ..... Wallop !!!! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/take%20that!.gif

BroxburnHibee
16-04-2015, 05:40 PM
That is some statement. If Doncaster had any sort of integrity he'd resign straight away.

Shameful episode yet entirely unsurprising.

Kojock
16-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Doncaster's position is surely untenable after this public humiliation. It's surely time for him to go.

How do we go about getting rid of Donkey Don ?

EskbankHibby
16-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Boom!

emerald green
16-04-2015, 05:49 PM

TBH ordinary fans like you & I don't have that level of authority Kojock. I wish we did though.

It's probably down to his employers if they want to remove him I suppose?

Iggy Pope
16-04-2015, 05:53 PM

The Association of clubs can get rid of him and reading between the lines I think a few of them might be savouring the idea.

FranckSuzy
16-04-2015, 05:53 PM

Jason if you may...

Thanks Jason !

Couldn't have put it better myself, Jason :agree: :greengrin

Hey Donkey,

Lots of love

Hibs

ALF TUPPER
16-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Don't mess with Leeann :agree:

Canon Hannan
16-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Fantastic. A strong woman.

Now will she contact the SFA and ask why Livingston were deducted points and Rangers fined £5000 this season for dual ownership?

stoneyburn hibs
16-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Oooft ! LD has given donkey Doncaster a hammering. Well done that woman.

How is this guy still in a job ? Even before this fiasco.

bingo70
16-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Now will she contact the SFA and ask why Livingston were deducted points and Rangers fined £5000 this season for dual ownership?

What's the official line on this one? Is it because Ashley doesn't actually own the rangers, he's just in a position to exert influence or is it because Ashleys other club is in England?

I don't know anything about the livi situation so can't compare.

Broken Gnome
16-04-2015, 06:09 PM
From living with a Raith fan, I know first hand the Hibs/Hearts/Rangers presence and attention has been a royal pain in the bum at times. Like the tone of what she said, especially looking out for the interests of QOS.

Onion
16-04-2015, 06:20 PM

The guy is a clown and needs to go. To cover their ***** they basically lied. SPFL is a joke and have brought the game into disrepute. They should sack themselves.

BSEJVT
16-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Well done Leeann

In the genteel world of dealing with any governing body in any walk of life, that is massive boot in the baws and a huge ***** you

Benny Brazil
16-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Probably the best statement anyone in charge of our club has ever come out with.

Do I detect a slight undertone of hinting that Donkey Doncaster should be replaced?

Hannah_hfc
16-04-2015, 07:13 PM
So refreshing to read such a statement from our club and not to see us lying down to those in charge.

Thank you Leanne! And I'll give credit to Hearts and Sevco for speaking up as well. Doncaster hasn't got a leg to stand on and should resign asap.

poolman
16-04-2015, 07:14 PM
What a fantastic statement that is

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Refreshing honesty from Leeann. A breath of fresh air for the Club:aok:

Scott Allan Key
16-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Great response from Hibs and all due respect for Leeann for demanding competence and respect from Scottish football authorities

Out with the old, in with the new. She can boot me in the baws too. I love a strong lady.:)

Hibtastic
16-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Well done Leeann! Doncaster needs to GTF pronto!

Scorrie
16-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Leeann's statement is superb. She might find herself as Chief Exec of the SPFL one day if she's not careful

Scott Allan Key
16-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Leeann's statement is superb. She might find herself as Chief Exec of the SPFL one day if she's not careful

My thoughts too. But I don't want to tempt fate.

Jonnyboy
16-04-2015, 07:32 PM
BBC reporting that 4 clubs are issuing formal complaints about the governance of the SPFL. Hearts were named as one of them. Probably Hibs, not sure who the others are

Hibs, Hearts, The Rangers and Killie would be my bet, Billy.

Leeann's statement is first class, as is the statement from Ann Budge. Hibs acknowledged and thanked The Rangers for supporting their initial complaint and the new guy at Killie is pee'd off because his is the only top six side with just two games at home after the split. Also, they wanted a home tie on the 50th anniversary of them winning the league (having to beat Hearts at Tynie by two goals to win it and securing the title with a 2-0 win, denying Hearts the flag :greengrin)

Edit: Bit in bold, not quite right but you can read the reasons here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340539

Billy Whizz
16-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Hibs, Hearts, The Rangers and Killie would be my bet, Billy.

Leeann's statement is first class, as is the statement from Ann Budge. Hibs acknowledged and thanked The Rangers for supporting their initial complaint and the new guy at Killie is pee'd off because his is the only top six side with just two games at home after the split. Also, they wanted a home tie on the 50th anniversary of them winning the league (having to beat Hearts at Tynie by two goals to win it and securing the title with a 2-0 win, denying Hearts the flag :greengrin)

Edit: Bit in bold, not quite right but you can read the reasons here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340539

Probably spot on Jonnyboy. Their handling of the premiership play off dates as well has been scandalous, how we don't have a back up plan is beyond belief. Listened to Sportsound tonight, and Tom English asked the Alloa chairman, who is on the Board, if the figures of £500,000 payment from BT Sport, for 3 years of Live play off games was right. He couldn't confirm or deny, but did say that Scottish football sold itself short. Another example of incompetency at the top of the game!

IanM
16-04-2015, 08:23 PM
What's the official line on this one? Is it because Ashley doesn't actually own the rangers, he's just in a position to exert influence or is it because Ashleys other club is in England?

I don't know anything about the livi situation so can't compare.

Livi were deducted points for not declaring they owed the tax man, wasn't to do about duo ownership but I'm sure they got fined for that as well

CropleyWasGod
16-04-2015, 08:30 PM

Livi were deducted points for not paying their PAYE & NI.

They were fined for the dual ownership issue.

Hibeesforever
16-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Tremendous leadership from Hibernian F.C, Mr Petrie can you now hand the reigns to Leaane full time and move to the SPFL with a clear conscious. Neil Doncaster and his other English dropkick, Reagan, have to go.
You will be remembered as the Chairman who built the stadium, built the training ground, brought the manager, bounced the team back from embarrassment and lifted the Scottish Cup......it would be some story and journey, although not as far from an impossible possibility. ...Certainly, the SPFL needs someone Scottish with sporting integrity.
Bring on Hampden and the play offs, can't wait!

Stax
16-04-2015, 08:37 PM
At last a statement from the club that tells it like it is..and then some. The clowns running our game need to be held to account and I'm struggling to remember anyone being as critical of the spfl ever before. About time, well done Hibs and I can't wait to hear Doncaster et al respond to it. GGTTH

Monts
16-04-2015, 08:44 PM
That's a great statement from LD. It says what we're all thinking but without the sweary words.

brog
16-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Well done everyone at ER but of course LD in particular for showing the kind of leadership, commonsense & empathy with the fans that we've been demanding for years. This is the best & strongest statement I've seen from our club since the days of Tom Hart. Doncaster's stupidity & craven knee bending is almost beyond belief & his position must now surely be untenable. Kudos to AB & SM for their support. Maybe, just maybe this could be a watershed moment.

mca
16-04-2015, 08:54 PM
If The Words of LD - Wasn't the final nail in Doncaster`s CV.. !!!! Just What will it take to sack the clown..

weecounty hibby
16-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Brilliant from LD. Thank god Im not married to her but also thank god that she is in charge at ER. Fantastic response and I am so glad that we won't just roll over for anyone anymore

Not In The Know
16-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Well done LD. A fantastic statement that echoes the true opinion of the fans.

Its quite refreshing that we have someone running our club for the benefit of us and HFC rather than looking to further their own career In footballing administration.

lucky
16-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Tremendous leadership from Hibernian F.C, Mr Petrie can you now hand the reigns to Leaane full time and move to the SPFL with a clear conscious. Neil Doncaster and his other English dropkick, Reagan, have to go.
You will be remembered as the Chairman who built the stadium, built the training ground, brought the manager, bounced the team back from embarrassment and lifted the Scottish Cup......it would be some story and journey, although not as far from an impossible possibility. ...Certainly, the SPFL needs someone Scottish with sporting integrity.
Bring on Hampden and the play offs, can't wait!

I don't understand why Doncaster and Regan's nationality has anything to do with them being dicks. Causal racism is still racism just no need.

joebakerforever
16-04-2015, 11:10 PM
I don't understand why Doncaster and Regan's nationality has anything to do with them being dicks. Causal racism is still racism just no need.

:agree:

In fact Reagan criticised the initial arrangement was not in the interest of sporting integrity.

Was impressed with the interview with Ann Budge on BBC News who is certainly on the same wavelength as LD.

AB will also be pursuing the initial misinformation that the SPFL spouted re the lack of complaints by the clubs.

SMAXXA
16-04-2015, 11:11 PM
We now await a charge from the SFA for us bringing the game into distribute :greengrin, points deduction the lot, honest wouldn't surprise me :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Great statement from Leeann and once again shows up the corrupt and unaccountable people ruining our game.

Mixu62
17-04-2015, 01:19 AM
We now await a charge from the SFA for us bringing the game into distribute :greengrin, points deduction the lot, honest wouldn't surprise me :wink:

I was thinking that too. These buffoons will do anything to see rangers promoted.

greenlex
17-04-2015, 02:22 AM
Livi were deducted points for not paying their PAYE & NI.

They were fined for the dual ownership issue.

Is it not a signing embargo for the latter?

s.a.m
17-04-2015, 07:51 AM

Here's the BBC report on Hearts' complaint:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340534

Hearts are to make a formal complaint to SPFL over fixture row
Hearts will make a formal complaint about Scottish Professional Football League chief Neil Doncaster's handling of the Championship fixture row.

Owner Ann Budge is to demand answers after the final fixture of the season against Rangers was moved to Sunday, 4 May, before being reverted back to the original day of Saturday.

"The way in which Scottish football is being run really does need to be examined and explored," she said.

Hearts have already won the league.

Hibernian, who are battling Rangers for second place, and Hearts had accused the SPFL of compromising "sporting integrity" if Rangers were allowed to play their final fixture a day later than their play-off rivals.

However Doncaster said only one club had contacted them about moving their fixture.

Budge told BBC Scotland: "I'm not talking about personalities, I'm talking about the process. I have never run a business by committee. I find it very difficult that in certain situations you need 42 clubs to say yes before you can make any change.

"So the whole way in which Scottish football is run is something we do need to look at and keep challenging if things are wrong.

"The attitude of 'well that's the way it's done in football' needs to be challenged."

She revealed she had sent an email to all 42 clubs to tell them Hearts' position on the fixture change.

"I am puzzled [by Doncaster's comments] because there was quite a bit of email activity at least [from a number of clubs]," she said.

"I think Hearts, and Rangers, should have been advised of what was going on other than just being one of 42 clubs to receive an email. Just engaging with the clubs a bit more would help. We won't always get what we want but at least talk to us."

Hibernian chief executive Leeann Dempster also hit out at the SPFL and accused them of "passing the buck", while Kilmarnock have also written to Doncaster over separate issues related to their post-split Premiership fixtures.

Dempster said in a statement: "This was a ludicrous situation entirely of the SPFL's making. For example, in our view if we had requested a switch to coincide with the Hearts v Rangers clash it could have seen Queen of the South disadvantaged.

"Sporting integrity is sporting integrity and must be applied equally to all clubs - and that is surely the job of the SPFL."

rosco-hibee
17-04-2015, 08:35 AM

Jason if you may...

Thanks Jason !

I had a proper chuckle at this. Thanks, Jason!

I echo everything that has already been said in this thread so far. A well written, articulate statement from the club which has a tone that although the issue was resolved, the manner in which it finally got there was completely unacceptable.

The SPFL has been a shambles for too long, and in the past, the resolution would have been met with "thanks SPFL, i'm glad we got this resolved, lets all go to the pub and let this all blow over".

Furthermore, whilst Hearts, (The) Rangers, and ourselves have our rivalries (and borderline hatred) on the park. It's good to see that there are instances where the clubs can collaborate at a boardroom level to challenge the SPFL and their shortcomings (that's the politest way i could put it).

On another note, did anyone feel a little bit awkward that it took the "intervention of SPFL broadcast partner Sky in ensuring that the final round of the championship fixtures can be played in a way that supports sporting integrity"? IMO, this is embarrassing in itself, before considering LD's statement.

PeeJay
17-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Haven't generally been a great fan of Dempster's corporate speak, but this is certainly a more than decent broadside at the SPFL and the idiot Doncaster - respect!

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Great statement and fair play to Hearts, Rangers & Motherwell for standing up too!

Long may this continue

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Haven't generally been a great fan of Dempster's corporate speak, but this is certainly a more than decent broadside at the SPFL and the idiot Doncaster - respect!

Cant say I've noticed LD indulging in much corporate speak, its not usually hard to understand what she is talking about. As you say, the message here couldn't be clearer :greengrin

Cropley10
17-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Wow. Some statement that. Get Donkey out of there. Surely the wheels will start emptying this dud.

Mikey09
17-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Message to Neil Doncaster; You can collect your testicles from the Chief Executives office at Hibernian FC.... Leanne Dempster will serve them to you on a silver plate.... :idiot: