PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Roberts R.I.P.

MB62
16-04-2015, 01:02 PM
The Hibernian family has lost another one of our own recently, adding to the loss of Tam Preston.

Gordon Roberts, a life long passionate Hibby, West Stand Upper season ticket holder and who worked under John Blackley in the youth coaching for a brief period, passed away on Easter Sunday. Gordon's funeral is tomorrow (Friday 17th) at Warriston crematorium at 4.00pm and I'm sure there are many on here who knew him.
Gordon will, I'm sure, Rest in Peace following our win over Hearts last week, he was such a HUGE Hibby, the club played a massive part in his life.

Thecat23
16-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear this thoughts with family and his friends.

RIP Gordon.

Gerard
16-04-2015, 01:29 PM
RIP Gordon

johncrobertson@
16-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Met Gordon many times - great Hibby and a great guy. RIP Gordon

O'Rourke3
16-04-2015, 02:21 PM
RIP Gordon. Condolences to the family.

scuttle
16-04-2015, 02:28 PM
RIP Gordon

H18S NX
16-04-2015, 03:52 PM
RIP Gordon.sat next to us in west upper,sad loss.Condolences to family and friends.

FranckSuzy
16-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear this. RIP Gordon.

HibeeHutch
16-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Gordon bled green and white and will be a huge loss to his family and friends. I knew Gordon my entire life. He had been a friend of my mum's since they were 17 and I made a point of seeing him when I got over from Canada. We went to the Scottish Cup final in 2013 and although we suffered yet another loss we had a great time doing what he loved best - cheering on the Hibees.

RIP Gordon - GGTTH/Sunshine On Leith

*Ironically, Tam Preston was another friend of the family's. We've lost two great people and big Hibees in the last couple of weeks.

MB62
17-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Gordon bled green and white and will be a huge loss to his family and friends. I knew Gordon my entire life. He had been a friend of my mum's since they were 17 and I made a point of seeing him when I got over from Canada. We went to the Scottish Cup final in 2013 and although we suffered yet another loss we had a great time doing what he loved best - cheering on the Hibees.

RIP Gordon - GGTTH/Sunshine On Leith

*Ironically, Tam Preston was another friend of the family's. We've lost two great people and big Hibees in the last couple of weeks.

In all my years, I don't think I ever met anyone who was as passionate about the Hibees as Gordon was.