PDA

View Full Version : SPFL agree revised fixture date

1two
16-04-2015, 11:44 AM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-statement-on-fixtures/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 11:55 AM
**** sky sports!! We decide when matches are played. Not them.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 11:56 AM

:thumbsup:

Nando™
16-04-2015, 11:56 AM

Do we though?

stokesmessiah
16-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Did they not say yesterday that it had to be changed for TV, yet today they moved it back and its still getting televised!?

DH1875
16-04-2015, 11:58 AM
So both games will be the Saturday then?

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 12:00 PM
So both games will be the Saturday then?

ALL games are the Saturday.

HibeeDave
16-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Do we though?

The end of this breaking news on BBC suggests otherwise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32332187

However, Sky Sports' suggestion to screen Hearts v Rangers on Saturday instead means simultaneous kick-offs across the round of fixtures are maintained.

It appears Sky have suggested the change and not Neil Doncaster, even though the SFA have stated they think the last fixtures should be played simultaneously.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 12:03 PM
;4349760]Do we though?

Looks like it.

California-Hibs
This is good news.

Hermit Crab

It appears Sky have suggested the change and not Neil Doncaster, even though the SFA have stated they think the last fixtures should be played simultaneously.

He's a ****ing clown and should be sacked!!

Aldo
16-04-2015, 12:12 PM

He should walk IMHO.

Should not be permitted access to ER again.

Big round of

DONCASTER DONCASTER GET TAE ****

on Saturday!

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 12:15 PM
He should walk IMHO.

Should not be permitted access to ER again.

Big round of

DONCASTER DONCASTER GET TAE ****

on Saturday!

Doesn't really roll off the tongue.

May I suggest DONKEY DONKEY GET TAE ****

CB_NO3
16-04-2015, 12:16 PM
He should resign. He is an idiot. 200k a year he gets and he can't organise the basics.

Nando™
16-04-2015, 12:19 PM

Looks like it.

Seems to me that the TV mobs ultimately decide when some games are played. All we hear about is "Scottish fitbaw bending err tae the TV ****s", which is a fair enough comment really, because if they don't get their Sunday afternoon games to show then eventually they'll say GTF and we'll have no TV money.

This one instance of us making the choice means nothing.

oldbutdim
16-04-2015, 12:22 PM
BBC on the ball too.
We are playing Celtic apparently.

Deary me.

Mr White
16-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Whoever wrote last night's sneering spfl statement needs an extra kick in the baws now that common sense has prevailed.

lucky
16-04-2015, 12:26 PM
SPLF are a joke, why are they thanking Sky? Time for a clear out. Our game is struggling and these jokers are sitting on their *****

Aldo
16-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Doesn't really roll off the tongue. May I suggest DONKEY DONKEY GET TAE ****

That DEFO as a ring to it!

Bishop Hibee
16-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Sanity prevails but from Sky not the league administrators. Doncaster should be sacked.

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Doesn't really roll off the tongue.

May I suggest DONKEY DONKEY GET TAE ****

or, with lots of families with young kids in attendance...lets not :)

although i do agree, he should just do one out of scottish football...and take reagan with him

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Fantastic, the pressure has paid off.

Well done Hibs, and all the other Clubs that made their displeasure known.

:thumbsup:

Surely now though Doncaster really has to go.

Pete
16-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Well done to hearts for making their voices heard...and mentioning sporting integrity when doing so. No doubt QOS would have been waiting in the wings had things continued.

Club rivalries must be put firmly to one side if and when this happens again. A united approach must also be taken against their party songs and lack of will to punish them.

Hibs and Hearts have a great rivalry but the sad fact is that we have bigger fish to fry. We actually have had for decades.

allezsauzee
16-04-2015, 01:02 PM
The fact that Doncaster couldn't see anything wrong with the games kicking off at different times in the first place is quite staggering. He really is a grade A nincompoop!

TowerHibs
16-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Doncaster job is to represent the SPFL clubs. ALL CLUBS. He is a constant PR disaster from armegeddon comments which went against the feeling of the other 95% of the team he represents, to the no sponsor and to this fiasco.

The list is endless. What does he get paid for

Stantons Angel
16-04-2015, 01:19 PM

He is one of the reasons that Scottish Football is in such a shambolic state. He should be dumped after the stupid mistakes he publicly makes.

The man has no place leading an organisation as big as this!!!

CockneyRebel
16-04-2015, 01:30 PM
BBC on the ball too.
We are playing Celtic apparently.

Deary me.

We must have won the play offs then?

Bristolhibby
16-04-2015, 01:33 PM
He is one of the reasons that Scottish Football is in such a shambolic state. He should be dumped after the stupid mistakes he publicly makes.

The man has no place leading an organisation as big as this!!!

The question is who has the power to sack him? Much like Sepp Blatter. He seems a law onto himself.

How do the clubs go about Getting him to ****?

J

Green Reaper
16-04-2015, 01:42 PM
All games 12.15 kick offs on the Saturday

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2015, 01:44 PM
A complete farce from start to finish......The people running our game are totally inept.....Well done to LD and Budgie for taking a stand.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2015, 02:02 PM
So it looks like they are going to have to resort to good old fashioned dodgy refereeing decisions to get the rangers through then.

Northern Hibby
16-04-2015, 02:08 PM
A complete farce from start to finish......The people running our game are totally inept.....Well done to LD and Budgie for taking a stand.

Anybody else think it was because 2 strong women stood up to him, I just get a feeling looking at him that women scare him?

Jim44
16-04-2015, 02:21 PM
I heard Doncaster saying that they had agreed to move all games to Sunday but one club ( he would not say if it was Falkirk) demanded that their Saturday game should go ahead. So, without trying to defend him in the slightest, he maybe did have a problem looking after the interests of all clubs involved. The agreement of Sky to move to Saturday does put him in a bad light 'tho.

Barney McGrew
16-04-2015, 02:25 PM
I heard Doncaster saying that they had agreed to move all games to Sunday but one club ( he would not say if it was Falkirk) demanded that their Saturday game should go ahead.

The were quite happy to name Hibs in their statement last night though

Smartie
16-04-2015, 02:37 PM
I heard Doncaster saying that they had agreed to move all games to Sunday but one club ( he would not say if it was Falkirk) demanded that their Saturday game should go ahead. So, without trying to defend him in the slightest, he maybe did have a problem looking after the interests of all clubs involved. The agreement of Sky to move to Saturday does put him in a bad light 'tho.

I'd have thought that Hearts would be the ones most likely to be insistent that the game be played on the Saturday?

They're planning a big party that day and will have fans coming from far and wide.

I'm sure Hibs aren't that bothered when the game is played, as long as it is not before the The Rangers game.

Ok, Falkirk have sold their hospitality so they may want to keep the game on the Saturday. As would any of the other home teams who get better home crowds when games are played on a Saturday afternoon.

Or, I suppose, any club that give a f*** what their fans want would probably prefer it to be on a Saturday.

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Anybody else think it was because 2 strong women stood up to him, I just get a feeling looking at him that women scare him?

He's not the only one, believe me!

:paranoid:

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 02:43 PM

He didn't have a problem until he caused one.

All he had to do was approach ALL the clubs and say SKY wanted to broadcast the game on Sunday lunchtime and ask there thoughts on the matter. If any objections were raised he could then negotiate between ALL parties and reach an agreement BEFORE making any announcement.

His unilateral declaration and subsequent shrugging of his shoulders was what caused the furore.

His position is untenable.

PatHead
16-04-2015, 03:03 PM

All he had to do was approach ALL the clubs and say SKY wanted to broadcast the game on Sunday lunchtime and ask there thoughts on the matter. If any objections were raised he could then negotiate between ALL parties and reach an agreement BEFORE making any announcement.

His unilateral declaration and subsequent shrugging of his shoulders was what caused the furore.

Naw, its because he is an erse.......

Northern Hibby
16-04-2015, 03:14 PM
He's not the only one, believe me!

:paranoid:

Got 4 sisters, a wife, 2 daughters a mother & a mother in-law, the cat was the only other family member with bollocks, wife took care of that with a trip to the vet, I think I'm next :worried:

Onion
17-04-2015, 01:03 AM

Simple answer for the future. A catch-all clause in any TV deal that states that any request to move a match which compromises sporting intergrity will be rejected. It should also state that all matches in the last game of the season will be played simultaneously. These are non negotiable. How difficult is that ?

Doncaster is a serial disaster waiting to happen.

JimBHibees
17-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Got 4 sisters, a wife, 2 daughters a mother & a mother in-law, the cat was the only other family member with bollocks, wife took care of that with a trip to the vet, I think I'm next :worried:

:faf::faf::not worth

Aldo
17-04-2015, 06:48 AM
The were quite happy to name Hibs in their statement last night though

Yeah they were and it wasn't even HIBS that had sent in the written complaint mentioned in their statement. It was Budgie.

Funny how they are trying to make it look like we are the so called troublemakers.

Bristolhibby
17-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Also I read Falkirk were having a tribute to their former chairman and the mans family had made travel arrangements for Saturday.

All in all its been a farce. Sky should have been told to bolt and that all games move or none.

Given the late stage and the fact it's the last game, it's the one date that has to remain sacrosanct.

J

PPZPOL
17-04-2015, 07:23 AM
LD has set the tone off the park for our club, over to the boys to do the damage on the park now.....starting with tomorrow.

GGTTH