PDA

View Full Version : Extension to Season - More Potential Chaos

LaMotta
16-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Just seen on Twitter Front page of Thursdays Daily Record saying that if we win semi vs Falkirk the season will be extended into June for the play offs.....

Apparently all teams involved in the play offs will then have countless players out of contract as they are due to run out end May.

Interested to see what the full story is bit sounds like more chaos ahead for SPFL....

Barney McGrew
16-04-2015, 12:41 AM
Interested to see what the full story is bit sounds like more chaos ahead for SPFL....

Whatever they choose to do, you can bet its because there will be 'worldwide interest' in the playoffs - otherwise known as 'we'll do what we can to help The Rangers'.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that it somehow benefits them the most.

Peevemor
16-04-2015, 05:36 AM
On reading the title, I'd though they'd maybe tried to add another round of matches since newhun are playing a bit better.

lord bunberry
16-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Why do we always get the simplest things wrong in this country?

IanM
16-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Why do we always get the simplest things wrong in this country?

Why do 'they' always get things wrong. Doncaster out

Viva_Palmeiras
16-04-2015, 06:05 AM
What are the rules on trialists?

edit: regarding the Rangers ban on signings Swally said "“We can’t play any trialists in the League Cup. And in the league we can play two trialists three times as long as their ITC is in Scotland."

bingo70
16-04-2015, 06:20 AM
Just seen on Twitter Front page of Thursdays Daily Record saying that if we win semi vs Falkirk the season will be extended into June for the play offs.....

Apparently all teams involved in the play offs will then have countless players out of contract as they are due to run out end May.

Surely the players that are out of contract can just sign a week or 2 extension?

Loan players could be a problem though, if they are would that just be Watson, Mcgeoch and Oxley?

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Surely the players that are out of contract can just sign a week or 2 extension?

Loan players could be a problem though, if they are would that just be Watson, Mcgeoch and Oxley?

Same for rangers. The 5 Newcastle players will be ineligible won't they?

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2015, 06:25 AM

Is the/does the transfer window have to be open to allow this?

Barney McGrew
16-04-2015, 06:27 AM

Four of whom haven't set foot in Ibrox.

Meanwhile we'd lose a number of first team regulars.

Is the/does the transfer window have to be open to allow this?

No-one would be moving club, just extending their deal so everything bar loans should be OK

bingo70
16-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Is the transfer window open to allow this?

Transfer window doesn't need to be open to allow a contract extension. Loan extensions would be a problem though.

bingo70
16-04-2015, 06:28 AM

Only one I'd be concerned about is Mcgeoch, not so worried about Oxley and Watson.

Vukic could be a big loss for them though

Barney McGrew
16-04-2015, 06:32 AM
Only one I'd be concerned about is Mcgeoch, not so worried about Oxley and Watson.

Vukic could be a big loss for them though

We'd also lose Boyle.

And potentially any player who is out of contract at the end of the season and who has signed a pre-contract with another team. Given the number of players who have deals that run out in the summer then that isn't beyond the realms of possibility either.

O'Rourke3
16-04-2015, 08:00 AM
The dust only settles on things like loan players when the association either backs extensions to loans or doesn't. This might be a case where the dull but legally (usually) correct SFA turn round and inform the SFPL that"we told you..." and the end of season glamour fest/money spinner is in disrepute in year 2. Given QOS, Ross County, Dundee all played in the Cup final as Div 1 teams in recent years it's not beyond the wit of the administrators to conceive a team in the final and the play-offs. TBF that team could even had been The Rangers.

The lessons here are either accept contracts go beyond May or sort out the season better. How many mid-week games were there last year?

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 08:08 AM

typically, no -

Ironically, it’s understood the five loan players from Newcastle – with three yet to play – are among those who’d be available as their deals run until later in June.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 08:10 AM
The full article -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-fixture-chaos-scottish-footballs-5527145

andrew70
16-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Reading the article in the Daily Ranger today I can't help but feel that we will be on the wrong end of yet another poor decision from an official so that we don't create this problem.

The corruption is blatant enough already.

Lee Marvin
16-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Reading the article in the Daily Ranger today I can't help but feel that we will be on the wrong end of yet another poor decision from an official so that we don't create this problem.

The corruption is blatant enough already.

Thought exactly the same. This is an utterly disgraceful situation that the clueless @rseholes have created.

derekHFC
16-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Contracts usually expire 30th June so I suspect this is scaremongering from the media.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Contracts usually expire 30th June so I suspect this is scaremongering from the media.

Partick apparently have a dozen players whose contracts end on 31st May, and Rangers have the following ooc on that day too - Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Ian Black, Lee McCulloch, Darren McGregor, Steve Smith, Bilel Mohsni, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Seb Faure, Steve Simonsen and Lee Robinson

SlickShoes
16-04-2015, 08:58 AM
The suggestion that some players will be on holiday is ridiculous, if any of our current team have more interest in being on holiday than getting promoted then they can go on holiday now.

We have loan players that technically have to go back to their parent club but going back serves no purpose to that parent club who is at that point on holiday with no training taking place, I am sure those clubs would be able to agree to an extended loan period.

lord bunberry
16-04-2015, 10:48 AM
The suggestion that some players will be on holiday is ridiculous, if any of our current team have more interest in being on holiday than getting promoted then they can go on holiday now.

We have loan players that technically have to go back to their parent club but going back serves no purpose to that parent club who is at that point on holiday with no training taking place, I am sure those clubs would be able to agree to an extended loan period.
Is the issue here not that a player can't go out on loan to 2 clubs during 1 window? I'm not sure what the rule is exactly or when the current window ends. But would extending loan players deals for another month mean they can't go on loan to another club?

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Is the issue here not that a player can't go out on loan to 2 clubs during 1 window? I'm not sure what the rule is exactly or when the current window ends. But would extending loan players deals for another month mean they can't go on loan to another club?

There is no window open at the moment.

lord bunberry
16-04-2015, 11:03 AM
There is no window open at the moment.
I know but when does the current window close. Extending a loan players deal during a window wouldn't I would imagine be a problem, but if it takes us into the new window then there might be a problem. When is DM out of contract with Celtic?

Future17
16-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Extending a loan deal would be a deal between two clubs (rather than between a club and a free agent) so wouldn't be allowed outside the window (I presume).

I'm guessing that the Rangers' loan players will be contracted to remain at Ibrox for the maximum time possible so that Ashley can continue to wring cash from their dwindling resources.

J-C
16-04-2015, 11:08 AM

Pretty sure all the loans we have are to the end of the season, knowing we have potential play off matches, the end of the season will be either after final play off game or after the cup final itself, there will be no specific date for termination of loan, it's a season long deal to when the season ends.

B.H.F.C
16-04-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm sure we'll be fine. As long as their registration is still with us it shouldn't be an issue. And registrations can't move anywhere until the next transfer window opens.

Purple & Green
16-04-2015, 11:14 AM
At the start of the season the final day of the season should have been set. Cast in stone, no excuses everything has to end on that day.

The Scottish Cup Final or the last play off game, whatever. When it became apparent that there might be an issue with dates it should have been resolved for all eventualities.

Doncaster is bombproof though, how many cock ups can one person get away with it.

silverhibee
16-04-2015, 11:45 AM

No-one would be moving club, just extending their deal so everything bar loans should be OK

Read regards Livingston somewhere that after a certain date at the end of the season that if the league was extended that Livingston would only have 7 players left in contract and there would be no money available to extend contracts for another few weeks for players who's contracts had ended with Livi in May.

No trialists allowed in Championship league.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 11:54 AM
At the start of the season the final day of the season should have been set. Cast in stone, no excuses everything has to end on that day.

The Scottish Cup Final or the last play off game, whatever. When it became apparent that there might be an issue with dates it should have been resolved for all eventualities.

Doncaster is bombproof though, how many cock ups can one person get away with it.

Season ends on the day of the last round of regular matches. That's how hertz avoided relegation when they delayed the announcement of their entering administration by a week to avoid a points deduction which would have seen them drop out of the SPL.

Diclonius
16-04-2015, 12:28 PM
The full article -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-fixture-chaos-scottish-footballs-5527145

That article reads as if the SPFL would be completely mad to extend the season, and changing any fixtures would be a ridiculous idea.

But what does that Govan-approved article fail to mention? Ah yeah. If Hibs beat Falkirk and qualify for the cup final (as well as the playoff final) we will play both finals ONE DAY APART.

Isn't it weird how they didn't mention that? Surely just incompetence and nothing at all to do with the fact that the decision doesn't favour their favourite team?

There is an agenda against non-OF teams in this country and it is more clear than ever. "Sorry Hibs, you just happened to get in the way of Rangers' promotion."

We should fully expect all decisions to go against us on Saturday and until the end of the season.

derekHFC
16-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Partick apparently have a dozen players whose contracts end on 31st May, and Rangers have the following ooc on that day too - Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Ian Black, Lee McCulloch, Darren McGregor, Steve Smith, Bilel Mohsni, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Seb Faure, Steve Simonsen and Lee Robinson

If true then whoever negotiated these contracts should be sacked.

Eyrie
16-04-2015, 06:37 PM
That article reads as if the SPFL would be completely mad to extend the season, and changing any fixtures would be a ridiculous idea.

But what does that Govan-approved article fail to mention? Ah yeah. If Hibs beat Falkirk and qualify for the cup final (as well as the playoff final) we will play both finals ONE DAY APART.

Isn't it weird how they didn't mention that? Surely just incompetence and nothing at all to do with the fact that the decision doesn't favour their favourite team?

There is an agenda against non-OF teams in this country and it is more clear than ever. "Sorry Hibs, you just happened to get in the way of Rangers' promotion."

We should fully expect all decisions to go against us on Saturday and until the end of the season.

Beg to differ. It's in Sevco's interests for us to make the cup final and have that as a distraction rather than being able to focus on the league.

And we will need to ignore the media attempting to distract us so that we can focus on securing second if we beat Falkirk.