PDA

View Full Version : Student tickets

madabouthibs
15-04-2015, 09:31 PM
My lad has just turned 16, is still at school, isn't a student and therefore has no Student card. Does that mean he has to pay full adult ticket price? Anyone know?

I'm about to order the tickets for Saturday online, but I can't make it into the ticket office before Saturday, live in West Lothian. Think I'll just be sucking it up and buying two adult tickets......... :rolleyes:

Jay
15-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Yeah it's on a thread somewhere, apparently 16 year old school kids have to pay full price :(

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Bit silly if they have to pay full price whilst still at school. Do we not accept Young Scot cards or the likes?

SeanWilson
15-04-2015, 09:45 PM
My lad has just turned 16, is still at school, isn't a student and therefore has no Student card. Does that mean he has to pay full adult ticket price? Anyone know?

I'm about to order the tickets for Saturday online, but I can't make it into the ticket office before Saturday, live in West Lothian. Think I'll just be sucking it up and buying two adult tickets......... :rolleyes:

I had the same issue as was purchasing two tickets for family friends as students.... Spoke to ticket office and reason is SFA are running the tickets and not hibs so basically, unless a full time student with maticulation card, you are not a student (and they want the proof). In my case, two lads gave me there photos and that was suffice, however i do think its an absolute nonsense that you are only classed as a full time student if in uni/college education, surely a full time 16 YO in secondary is a full time student? Problem is, hibs hands are tied with this one.

JPrinty
15-04-2015, 09:49 PM
I bought my 16 year old a concession ticket without proof he's a student. The only issue I can see is if the stewards/turnstyle operator stop and ask how old he is - he'll then just say 15!! I don't think there will be any issues though. He's going to take his young scot card and he has another card which basically says he's still at school (therefore technically a full time student) with him just in case.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 09:53 PM
I bought my 16 year old a concession ticket without proof he's a student. The only issue I can see is if the stewards/turnstyle operator stop and ask how old he is - he'll then just say 15!! I don't think there will be any issues though. He's going to take his young scot card and he has another card which basically says he's still at school (therefore technically a full time student) with him just in case.

Yeah. You do realise that the young scot cards have the holders picture, name and date of birth on them, highlighted with pink highlighter on the card itself. :faf:

madabouthibs
15-04-2015, 09:58 PM
I already clicked on the submit button........ :confused: It then tells you that Student tickets won't be posted as a card has to be shown. It didn't say this before I paid for the bloody things, and paid to have them posted!
I've just bought another two adult ones, I'll try phoning the TO tomorrow and see if I can get a refund on the Adult/student ones. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:05 PM
I already clicked on the submit button........ :confused: It then tells you that Student tickets won't be posted as a card has to be shown. It didn't say this before I paid for the bloody things, and paid to have them posted!
I've just bought another two adult ones, I'll try phoning the TO tomorrow and see if I can get a refund on the Adult/student ones. :rolleyes:

Why can't you just produce the student card and collect it?

madabouthibs
15-04-2015, 10:11 PM
1. I can't get to the ticket office before the game and....
2. He is still at school, 4th year, he has not got a student card. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:14 PM
1. I can't get to the ticket office before the game and....
2. He is still at school, 4th year, he has not got a student card. :wink:

Still at school will have a young scot card surely, you can actually scan and email proof to the club too.

Jay
15-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Still at school will have a young scot card surely, you can actually scan and email proof to the club too.

A young scot card doesn't prove someone's still at school.

madabouthibs
15-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Young Scotcards are valid until they're 25. They don't necessarily mean he's still at school.

Benny Brazil
15-04-2015, 10:20 PM
You need to provide a matriculation card - or pay an adult price - I had this issue and easiest thing to do was to just pay the extra tenner for an adult ticket.
Got an email from the club and the SFA about it and it is going to be reviewed - but too late for this game.

Hermit Crab
Young Scotcards are valid until they're 25. They don't necessarily mean he's still at school.

Valid for what exactly? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
A young scot card doesn't prove someone's still at school.

Yes I know my son has one, I thought he was just proving his age, maybe I misunderstood.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:23 PM

Valid as photograph ID in theory. Though most licences premises won't accept them.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Valid as photograph ID in theory. Though most licences premises won't accept them.

I see. They are easily faked, altered.

Jay
15-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Yes I know my son has one, I thought he was just proving his age, maybe I misunderstood.

The problem appears to be that 16 year old high school kids don't have student matriculation cards so can't get student prices. It's not proving their age that's the issue it's proving they are students. Total madness really.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:25 PM
I see. They are easily faked, altered.

They have a hologram so shouldn't be that easy to fake, but altered maybe.

Jay
15-04-2015, 10:26 PM

Once they are 16 they get discounted bus and rail fares with it as well as the cinema and I'm pretty sure they get discounts in shops too.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:27 PM
The problem appears to be that 16 year old high school kids don't have student matriculation cards so can't get student prices. It's not proving their age that's the issue it's proving they are students. Total madness really.

Ah I see, didn't realise that since my son is now 21 and no longer a student. Yes it seems unfair really.

Jay
15-04-2015, 10:30 PM
My student complaint is that every time I buy my son a ticket for an away game he has to collect it rather than me getting it posted. We live in west lothian so it's a bit of a trek. Surely when he has proved he is a student once that should be enough. Just bought tickets for the Livi game which is a stones throw away from us but he has to go all the way to ER to prove he is a student. I'd have been as well buying an adult but I didn't think of that :)

JPrinty
15-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah. You do realise that the young scot cards have the holders picture, name and date of birth on them, highlighted with pink highlighter on the card itself. :faf:

I suppose the point I was trying to make is that now he has the concession ticket, I don't think he'll have issues getting into the ground.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:34 PM
My student complaint is that every time I buy my son a ticket for an away game he has to collect it rather than me getting it posted. We live in west lothian so it's a bit of a trek. Surely when he has proved he is a student once that should be enough. Just bought tickets for the Livi game which is a stones throw away from us but he has to go all the way to ER to prove he is a student. I'd have been as well buying an adult but I didn't think of that :)
When my son was a student we scanned his card and sent them it to hold on file, we never had to produce it and had no problem getting tickets posted. Do they not allow this any more?

Jay
15-04-2015, 10:39 PM
When you buy a ticket online and get to the delivery bit it states that no student tickets will be posted out, they need collected and a valid student card must be shown.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:42 PM
When you buy a ticket online and get to the delivery bit it states that no student tickets will be posted out, they need collected and a valid student card must be shown.

FFS they really make it easy don't they!

Jay
15-04-2015, 10:56 PM
FFS they really make it easy don't they!

I know. To be fair from west lothian it's doable, a pain in the backside but at still doable. If we lived farther away I'd have to pay full adult prices which is ridiculous. I assume others must have to do this.

Bronson
15-04-2015, 11:32 PM
If he gets a letter from his school to prove he's still in full time education they'll accept that. Not ideal, but does the same job.

hibbysam
16-04-2015, 05:32 AM

I bought a student ticket for a game earlier in the season which they posted out no problem at all... All I did was go to the first class post delivery type

dastardly8
16-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Does getting the 15 and under tickets mean you've got to show id too as my daughter and her friends ones haven't turned up and I'm having to go down and pick them up?

aob4green
16-04-2015, 08:32 AM
If he gets a letter from his school to prove he's still in full time education they'll accept that. Not ideal, but does the same job.

Really?

I had the same issue yesterday buying my son and nephew, who are both 16 and still at school, tickets for the game, eventually having to concede and pay the full price for them. I phoned supporters services at the SFA about it, as it appears it's the SFA who have enforced this. It seems that this is a really poorly thought out process and just to echo the majority of posters on this thread, it seems ludicrous for all the reasons already mentioned. When I spoke to the girl from the SFA she was pretty sympathetic and admitted that it wasn't ideal. I'm planning to email them about it and anyone who wants to do likewise can at supporters@scottishfa.co.uk

EH54
16-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Was this the case in our last two semi finals? can't remember there being much a fuss about it then

Greencore
16-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Got a disabled bus pass and it says young scot on it and everywhere I have used it accepts it for id.

Brightside
16-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Does getting the 15 and under tickets mean you've got to show id too as my daughter and her friends ones haven't turned up and I'm having to go down and pick them up?

These 16 year old kids should be buying their own tickets, using the money they earn from part time jobs. Kids today. :greengrin

DH1875
16-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Was this the case in our last two semi finals? can't remember there being much a fuss about it then

Yes :agree:.

I think if you have a student ST they will post out tickets though.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Got a disabled bus pass and it says young scot on it and everywhere I have used it accepts it for id.

That's good as it is recognised ID however many city centre establishments turned away my son before he got other ID hence my comment.