PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT - FIXTURES - All games now Sat 2nd May 12.15 KO

RSS Bot
15-04-2015, 04:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5353)

green day
15-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Another beezer from LD !!!

GIRUY SPFL !

IanM
15-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Like it

Pete
15-04-2015, 04:22 PM
On the ball

:thumbsup:

johnbc70
15-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Great, need to follow it up now so all games are played at the same time or at least the games that mean something.

SaulGoodman
15-04-2015, 04:23 PM
LD is having a great day at the office :hilarious

Smartie
15-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Ooft.

She doesn't miss and hit the wall, does she?

Although was the original "sporting integrity" quote from the time of the The Rangers crisis not one from Petrie?

Golden Bear
15-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Another beezer from LD !!!

GIRUY SPFL !

:agree:

LD is absolutely spot on but unfortunately she'd be better saving her breath tae blaw her porridge as I doubt if it will make the slightest difference.

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Well done Leean. The English authorities as far as I am aware would never allow this, so why is the SPFL bending the knee? Same time same day or sporting fairness goes out the window.

MurrayfieldHibs
15-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Short, sweet, to the point. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the muppets ruining running our game :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

EdinMike
15-04-2015, 04:31 PM
:top marks LD

Dave-O
15-04-2015, 04:36 PM
What a breath of fresh air LD is, takes no s*** and tells it how it is, she'll do for me. :aok:

Onion
15-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Well done LD, but Hibs should not have to remind the people who are meant to be running our game, how to properly run the game :rolleyes:

macca70
15-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Will get the usual shrug off from those in charge.

It's an absolute disgrace that this is allowed to happen.

They must have known when the created the fixture list that the Rangers v Hearts game was going to have a bearing on winning league or play off places and end up on telly therefore should have organised all the games for the Sunday.

It's a massive advantage for Rangers knowing what is needed; all out attack for big win or sit in and play out a draw for a point.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2015, 04:39 PM
She's absolutely spot on.

An utterly baffling decision to have the Hearts v Rangers game a day after ours and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Onion
15-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Will get the usual shrug off from those in charge.

It's an absolute disgrace that this is allowed to happen.

They must have known when the created the fixture list that the Rangers v Hearts game was going to have a bearing on winning league or play off places and end up on telly therefore should have organised all the games for the Sunday.

It's a massive advantage for Rangers knowing what is needed; all out attack for big win or sit in and play out a draw for a point.

:agree: And exactly why the decision has to be reversed. Sporting integrity..... my arse.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-04-2015, 04:41 PM
She's on fire today. Well done LD [emoji7]

B.H.F.C
15-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Good that she has come out and said what she has.

Won't make the slightest bit of difference to the biased cheats at the SFA. But maybe Hibs showing a bit fight can help get folk on side. Siege mentality and all that.

givescotlandfreedom
15-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Leeann is showing her worth more and more. Great statement and commitment.

kaimendhibs
15-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Leeann is showing her worth more and more. Great statement and commitment.

I agree 100%

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Good that she has come out and said what she has.

Won't make the slightest bit of difference to the biased cheats at the SFA. But maybe Hibs showing a bit fight can help get folk on side. Siege mentality and all that.

Nothing to do with the SFA. :greengrin

Sergey
15-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Brilliant....

...SPFL...unimpeachable sporting integrity...

She's undoubtedly taking the piss.

:top marks

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Well done that woman. She's got guts! Bout time hibs stood up for themselves.

SunshineOnLeith
15-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Did everyone at Easter Road go for a long, boozy, lunch today perchance? :greengrin

Diclonius
15-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Falkirk and Hibs should agree to switch the fixture to the exact same time. It's in Falkirk's interest as it gives them an advantage over QOTS, and there's nothing the GPFL can do as the precedent has been set.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Absolutely spot on. Why they would need reminding is beyond me. Unless................

Jack Hackett
15-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Brilliant....

She's undoubtedly taking the piss.

In buckets....and throwing it in their faces

CB_NO3
15-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Falkirk and Hibs should agree to switch the fixture to the exact same time. It's in Falkirk's interest as it gives them an advantage over QOTS, and there's nothing the GPFL can do as the precedent has been set.Then QOTS will complain that its not fair on them and rightly so and may want their game on the same time as Falkirk. Plus they play Livi who are in a relegation/playoff battle so I am sure Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Dumbarton all might have something to say. You either move all the games or none of the games. Simples.

madhatter
15-04-2015, 05:51 PM
She is 100% correct and if they want to improve interest in league, integrity is certainly a start but what comes with having to play at same time is interest. You get integrity and interest for nothing but having 2 games kick off at same time. What do SFA do? Give The the the Rangers an advantage. We'll probably end up getting docked points for bringing the game into disrepute. Wait and see this.

TrinityHibs
15-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Now thats my kinda chat or Chief Exec or woman take your pick

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2015, 05:54 PM
#impeachTheSPFLFools

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Hear hear. We're not having it.

emerald green
15-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Yet another example of the sheer damned incompetence of the clowns running the game in this country. Then some wonder why the conspiracy theories emerge.

It's just not on that The Rangers (what a surprise) might end up gaining an unfair advantage due to the timing of such an important fixture. It stinks to high heaven (again).

stoneyburn hibs
15-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Yet another example of the sheer damned incompetence of the clowns running the game in this country. Then some wonder why the conspiracy theories emerge.

It's just not on that The Rangers (what a surprise) might end up gaining an unfair advantage due to the timing of such an important fixture. It stinks to high heaven (again).

Your far too polite. It is absolutely honking, yet another move to make sure that the establishment club get back into the SPL. Cheating bar stewards.

portyhibernian
15-04-2015, 06:22 PM
We are absolutely correct to question this, sadly I fear we're pissing into the wind.

Chuck Rhoades
15-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Budge has also released a statement.

grunt
15-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Budge has also released a statement."I was going to say what LD said but I didn't get round to it." "Oh, and it wisnae us".

s.a.m
15-04-2015, 06:27 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4295

Ann Budge also v cross.

Well played to both Leeann and her. (Grudging, in the case of the latter....:greengrin)

Billy Whizz
15-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Budge has also released a statement.

Seemingly the police not happy at the change either

Bishop Hibee
15-04-2015, 06:34 PM
The whole thing is an utter farce. No wonder the SPFL can't find a sponsor. Any new contract with broadcasters should put the fans first or they have a big fat hole in their viewing schedule.

Hannah_hfc
Good to see such strongly worded statements from both clubs. I hope other clubs (QOTS, Falkirk, Raith) all follow. I'm not expecting to hear a peep from Rangers about it.

Something needs to be done about these jokers at the SPFL, ruining the game in Scotland a day at a time.

bingo70
I've always been pretty cynical about the suggestion of corruption in Scottish football but this decision stinks to high heaven.

There's no way they never considered the implications and possible benefit to the rangers before agreeing to the move.

Be interested to hear the response from the spfl, also found it interesting budge and dempster using similar language regarding the sporting integrity, they've obviously been speaking to each other.

Del Boy
15-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Hats off to Budge on this. Important that we all stand up against this clear Rangers bias.

gorgie greens
15-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Nice of that Kieth Lemming bird to raise the question of integrity as well,was going to go on about her predecessor but won't bother,anyway hers hopeing that the other CEO running the other clubs make a stance on this ,if everyone gives them the 2 fingers who knows,

pontius pilate
15-04-2015, 06:51 PM
And its two women who are leading the charge for sporting integrity

BSEJVT
15-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Its good to see the two clubs acting together over this.

The rivalry between us has become far too bitter over the years and whilst the deterioration in relations at board level can be massively placed at Hearts door, its a sign for the better that at least at that level relationships are becoming more conciliatory and professional.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Fair play to Budge. That statement is strongly worded and absolutely spot on as well.

The whole situation absolutely stinks.

SunshineOnLeith
15-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Glad that Hearts are angry about this, might fire them up a bit extra for the game!

For the duration of that game I'll unashamedly be cheering on the Jambos :greengrin

ronaldo7
15-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Well done to Budge, that is a statement. Hopefully both women can get change in the higher echelons on the SPFL.

Mikey09
15-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Fair play to Budge. That statement is strongly worded and absolutely spot on as well.

Totally!! But you wait and hear the media play it down like it doesn't matter. Every trick in the book will be used to help the rangers on there way. Completely unacceptable. They will pass the buck saying it's the tv companies dictating... If so then move ALL the games.

Sergey
15-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Hats off to Budge on this. Important that we all stand up against this clear Rangers bias.

Absolutely.

I'm certainly no fan of our beloved neighbours, but this absolutely reeks of bias towards SEVCO. It simply isn't right and the SPFL should be brought to task.

It's the sort of thing you would expect to happen in Nigeria or Zimbabwe... or some other utterly corrupt nation. Not Scotland in 2015.

In all honesty, it's the sheer brazenness of unbridled bias that I look on with contempt.

The Tubs
15-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Could someone post the hearts statement up here so we don't have to visit their page.

s.a.m
15-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Could someone post the hearts statement up here so we don't have to visit their page.

At 10.43am today, the club received notice from the SPFL that our last home game of the season v Rangers is to be moved to Sunday 3rd May at 12.30pm. This was the first notification of any change that we received.

This has been done following selection of the game for a live TV broadcast. While we all knew that this was likely to be a strong candidate for televising and that the time might well change, we did not for one minute think that at this late stage, it would be moved to the Sunday….especially given our belief that all Championship games would require to be played at the same time.

Previously in the season we delayed the sale of tickets for the first Rangers game as long as we could as we realised that this fixture was highly attractive to broadcasters and likely for selection. In relation to this game, we attempted to do the same but in this case, it would seem to no avail.

On learning of the change, I immediately attempted to contact the SPFL and objected in strong terms to the proposed late change to this fixture on the grounds of it having a total disregard for the interests of supporters of both clubs and an apparent disregard for sporting integrity. I also spoke directly to Police Scotland who share our frustration and informed me that they had written with some strong reasons for objecting to the changed fixture, including duplication of work for them, re-allocation of resources, etc. but once again, to no avail.

Being given 17 days’ notice of this change is extremely disruptive and potentially very expensive for the fans, the sponsors and indeed the club. Overseas supporters have been in touch to advise that they will lose substantial amounts on travel; others have advised of lost earnings, holiday problems, etc.

None of this is good for any of us and on behalf of the club, I can only apologise.

When it also became apparent to us that our fixture was the only game to be moved, we were equally alarmed as rightly or wrongly, this casts a shadow over the sporting integrity of the Championship. While it may not be enshrined in the newly merged rule book of the SPFL, it is protocol the football world over for fixtures such as the last day of the Championship to be played simultaneously. To move only one, (or even 2 or 4) out of 5 fixtures would seem to be leaving our game wide open to unsavoury accusations. I wrote, raising this point, to the SPFL, copying all clubs. Correspondence received from the SPFL asking Championship clubs to state their case for a move, does little to alleviate our concerns re the perception of this matter.

I will be sending in a formal complaint to the SPFL in relation to this appallingly late decision. It is no wonder that clubs are finding it harder and harder to gain support from their fans when their interests can be so blatantly disregarded, especially at such short notice.

I am advised that this complaint will likely have no impact on the original decision but nevertheless, I want our supporters to know that we have taken all and any action that we could have and I will further comment on the situation once we have been updated by the League.

Ann Budge

Kojock
15-04-2015, 07:34 PM

And that is one of the reasons why Scottish football struggles to move on. Ann Budge has made an excellent statement but some people refuse to read it because its on a Hearts web site.

hibbytam
15-04-2015, 07:35 PM
What a complete farce. It seems idiotic that the last games being played together isn't in the rules. It's something that seems so basic, so obvious and so necessary to ensure that the competition is fair. It also seems idiotic that there's apparently no time limit in the TV contract. I think a month before should be the very latest a game should be moved, and certainly not this close to the game.

I'm glad to see Hibs act on it though, and act publicly. But scottish football reeks of incompetence, on this and a number of other issues, which looks like corruption.

Real Emerald
15-04-2015, 07:38 PM
What a complete farce. It seems idiotic that the last games being played together isn't in the rules. It's something that seems so basic, so obvious and so necessary to ensure that the competition is fair. It also seems idiotic that there's apparently no time limit in the TV contract. I think a month before should be the very latest a game should be moved, and certainly not this close to the game.

I'm glad to see Hibs act on it though, and act publicly. But scottish football reeks of incompetence, on this and a number of other issues, which looks like corruption.

It's about time they moved the HQ as far away from Glasgow as possible.

Jdawg
15-04-2015, 07:40 PM
They will do anything to ensure the Rangers go up.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and get past QotS, the referee will take over, soft penalties for them or red cards for us. Guaranteed!

LaMotta
15-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Totally!! But you wait and hear the media play it down like it doesn't matter. Every trick in the book will be used to help the rangers on there way. Completely unacceptable. They will pass the buck saying it's the tv companies dictating... If so then move ALL the games.

To be fair on Sportsound tonight the pundits didnt hold back at, as posted on the other thread by someone, Tom English in particular with strong words saying the only conclusion anyone can draw from this decision must be that the SPFL are trying their hardest to help Rangers get promoted.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2015, 07:48 PM
And the official response to the complaints is ........... the other clubs can change their fixtures to the Sunday too, if they want. FFS what's the point of moving it for TV if the other clubs can move their date to the Sunday???

Top marks to both LD and AB. It's about time folk started taking the 'authorities' to task

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 07:51 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement but I can't see anything changing.

It's absolutely disgraceful that the SPFL has announced such a change. We are being taken for mugs here.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 08:10 PM
They will do anything to ensure the Rangers go up.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and get past QotS, the referee will take over, soft penalties for them or red cards for us. Guaranteed!

You know who will get the gig for refereeing any potential play off match against Sevco as well.

Aldo
15-04-2015, 08:15 PM
The SPFL - Doncaster/Reagan are an absolute joke. They have one aim and that's to get Der Hun back in the top league. Simple as that.

This is so wrong in all shapes and forms.

It's time the rest of Scotland stand up to the SPFL for once.

Good on LD and AB.

Stuarty27
15-04-2015, 08:16 PM
maybe the club should make a statement on how many tickets we sold :)

Jdawg
15-04-2015, 08:17 PM
You know who will get the gig for refereeing any potential play off match against Sevco as well.

Correct.

No doubt he will get that plus the playoff final too.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2015, 08:17 PM
And yet every hun I speak to reckons they would rather have another season in the championship. Don't really understand why they get so animated winning or losing then. Strange people.

Aldo
15-04-2015, 08:18 PM

Let's face it Trig. It doesn't matter... The odds will be stacked against us regardless.

I bet it's either Gollum or the Cheat.

With a few controversial decisions or three along the way.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 08:23 PM
One of the benefits of fan ownership could be that we can demand more of the football authorities.
Remember that the SPFL is the clubs. We are part of the reason it's so badly run.

mim
15-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Doncaster must resign or be sacked immediately

SteveHFC
15-04-2015, 08:49 PM
unbelievable statement from spfl tonight,read it out on radio and even they said it was the a joke of a statement

Real Emerald
15-04-2015, 08:52 PM
unbelievable statement from spfl tonight,

At least Sportsound are ripping it to shreds too, these things are usually pushed under the carpet by the BBC. This is going to run and run, staggering!

Scorrie
15-04-2015, 08:52 PM

Absolutely and that would still be three years too late after his role in the Sevco league readmittance farce

Sergey
15-04-2015, 08:53 PM
unbelievable statement from spfl tonight,read it out on radio and even they said it was the a joke of a statement

Linkage or Postage please...

greenlad
15-04-2015, 08:54 PM

A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "On this weekend, the Hearts v Rangers match is scheduled for Sunday 3 May to be broadcast on television and it is not clear to us why this has caused so much surprise.

"This is a key game in the Championship season and will inevitably attract huge interest from fans around the world.

"It is unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to the Sunday when a number of them will be unaffected by the Hearts v Rangers tie.

"However, as a result of this fixture, all Championship clubs have been invited to submit a request should they wish to move games to the Sunday.

"To date, the only feedback we have received is from one Championship club, which has asked for its match to remain scheduled for the Saturday.

"For the avoidance of doubt, we have had no request from Hibernian FC to move its fixture to the Sunday at the time of writing.

"Whilst we regret any inconvenience to supporters caused by rescheduled fixtures, the circumstances surrounding the matches on the weekend of 2/3 May are in no way unusual."

SteveHFC
15-04-2015, 08:55 PM
can't find it online yet but radio read it out while trying not to laugh

Sergey
15-04-2015, 08:57 PM
can't find it online yet but radio read it out while trying not to laugh

I'm sure there's an animated GIF to suit :wink:

bigwheel
A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "On this weekend, the Hearts v Rangers match is scheduled for Sunday 3 May to be broadcast on television and it is not clear to us why this has caused so much surprise.

"This is a key game in the Championship season and will inevitably attract huge interest from fans around the world.

"It is unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to the Sunday when a number of them will be unaffected by the Hearts v Rangers tie.

"However, as a result of this fixture, all Championship clubs have been invited to submit a request should they wish to move games to the Sunday.

"To date, the only feedback we have received is from one Championship club, which has asked for its match to remain scheduled for the Saturday.

"For the avoidance of doubt, we have had no request from Hibernian FC to move its fixture to the Sunday at the time of writing.

"Whilst we regret any inconvenience to supporters caused by rescheduled fixtures, the circumstances surrounding the matches on the weekend of 2/3 May are in no way unusual."

if ever there was a summary that shows that the SPFL authorities care only about the commercially of the game and not a jot about sporting integrity and supporters this is it......

Sir David Gray

The contempt that is shown in that statement is absolutely disgusting.

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2015, 09:06 PM
And that is one of the reasons why Scottish football struggles to move on. Ann Budge has made an excellent statement but some people refuse to read it because its on a Hearts web site.

That's a nonsense post.........Do you think Man U fans visit the City web??:confused:

Kojock
15-04-2015, 09:15 PM
That's a nonsense post.........Do you think Man U fans visit the City web??:confused:

Don't care what Man U do. I have no problem about going on any teams web to read the clubs stance on matters of importance. To refuse to read another clubs web is childish to say the least.

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Don't care what Man U do. I have no problem about going on any teams web to read the clubs stance on matters of importance. To refuse to read another clubs web is childish to say the least.

In your opinion of course......

weecounty hibby
15-04-2015, 09:21 PM

What a ****in disgrace of a statement. Customer service at it lowest. He should have just said we've made the decision now just get on with it. Also either he is lying or Budge is. She says she Has written to them and he says only feedback was from a club who didn't want their game moved. Unless he meant that was Hearts.
A totally stupid decision and makes a mockery of our leagues. As if others don't already think we are a diddy backwater. All about money and how to help der hun get back into top league. If they don't then we should all be prepared for reconstruction coming out of left field

jacomo
15-04-2015, 09:22 PM
The contempt that is shown in that statement is absolutely disgusting.

Doncaster has to go, surely? Cheats, the lotta them.

Lee Marvin
15-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Someone said it on another thread - lets move our game with falkirk to Sunday at 5pm, after the sevco game.

See what the mafia think of that!! This is the most blatant case of corruption there has been.

BroxburnHibee
15-04-2015, 09:25 PM
What's the fuss about - we can just ask Falkirk to move the game to the Monday.

jacomo
15-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Good statement from Budgie. On this issue Hibs and Hearts can agree, and should protest in the strongest possible terms.

Apologies if already posted, here's what the Queen of Hertz said:

At 10.43am today, the club received notice from the SPFL that our last home game of the season v Rangers is to be moved to Sunday 3rd May at 12.30pm. This was the first notification of any change that we received.

This has been done following selection of the game for a live TV broadcast. While we all knew that this was likely to be a strong candidate for televising and that the time might well change, we did not for one minute think that at this late stage, it would be moved to the Sunday….especially given our belief that all Championship games would require to be played at the same time.

Previously in the season we delayed the sale of tickets for the first Rangers game as long as we could as we realised that this fixture was highly attractive to broadcasters and likely for selection. In relation to this game, we attempted to do the same but in this case, it would seem to no avail.

On learning of the change, I immediately attempted to contact the SPFL and objected in strong terms to the proposed late change to this fixture on the grounds of it having a total disregard for the interests of supporters of both clubs and an apparent disregard for sporting integrity. I also spoke directly to Police Scotland who share our frustration and informed me that they had written with some strong reasons for objecting to the changed fixture, including duplication of work for them, re-allocation of resources, etc. but once again, to no avail.

Being given 17 days’ notice of this change is extremely disruptive and potentially very expensive for the fans, the sponsors and indeed the club. Overseas supporters have been in touch to advise that they will lose substantial amounts on travel; others have advised of lost earnings, holiday problems, etc.

None of this is good for any of us and on behalf of the club, I can only apologise.

When it also became apparent to us that our fixture was the only game to be moved, we were equally alarmed as rightly or wrongly, this casts a shadow over the sporting integrity of the Championship. While it may not be enshrined in the newly merged rule book of the SPFL, it is protocol the football world over for fixtures such as the last day of the Championship to be played simultaneously. To move only one, (or even 2 or 4) out of 5 fixtures would seem to be leaving our game wide open to unsavoury accusations. I wrote, raising this point, to the SPFL, copying all clubs. Correspondence received from the SPFL asking Championship clubs to state their case for a move, does little to alleviate our concerns re the perception of this matter.

I will be sending in a formal complaint to the SPFL in relation to this appallingly late decision. It is no wonder that clubs are finding it harder and harder to gain support from their fans when their interests can be so blatantly disregarded, especially at such short notice.

I am advised that this complaint will likely have no impact on the original decision but nevertheless, I want our supporters to know that we have taken all and any action that we could have and I will further comment on the situation once we have been updated by the League.

Ann Budge

HibeesLA
15-04-2015, 09:29 PM

Would I be correct in thinking that if Hibs, or any other Championship club, wanted to move their game to the same time on Sunday, that Sky would immediately be unable to show the game live? Of course, any request is going to be refused by the SPFL.

greenlad
15-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that if Hibs, or any other Championship club, wanted to move their game to the same time on Sunday, that Sky would immediately be unable to show the game live? Of course, any request is going to be refused by the SPFL.

No - any other game being moved to the same time on the Sunday would have no bearing on Sky's abililty to show a live game.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Hibs and hearts need to put their rivalry to one side and stand together on this!! It appears LD and AB are doing just that!! Good to see. :agree:

mca
15-04-2015, 09:36 PM

Totally Agree - This Is One Big Fiasco..

What Has He actually Ever Done For Scottish Fiba.. Eff all

Get Him tae F***... And soon..

Real Emerald
15-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Someone said it on another thread - lets move our game with falkirk to Sunday at 5pm, after the sevco game.

See what the mafia think of that!! This is the most blatant case of corruption there has been.

"But that would give un unfair advantage to Hibs, so we therefore reject this request in the interest of sporting integrity".....no???

linlithgowhibbie
15-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Move it to the holiday monday, then see what they say!!!!

ronaldo7
15-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Sunday 3pm Kick off for us then:greengrin

dchibs
15-04-2015, 10:16 PM
i think we should move our game to the Monday.

Diclonius
15-04-2015, 10:18 PM
I would love it if Hibs moved their game till after the Huns play Hearts. There is nothing they can do to stop it as to object would make their bias crystal clear.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Sunday 3pm Kick off for us then:greengrin

4 pm would be better. Team sheets need to be in by 3pm. :-)

Pretty Boy
15-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Hibs and hearts need to put their rivalry to one side and stand together on this!! It appears LD and AB are doing just that!! Good to see. :agree:

Yep.

I'd never want to see the on pitch rivalry dampened.

However it's about time the other clubs in Scotland stood together and showed Rangers, Celtic and the corrupt officials running the game that without the rest of us they have no 'product'. The chance was there with the rebel ten movement years ago but the clubs buckled.

As the 3 bigger clubs outwith the former OF; Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen should be taking the lead on bringing about positive, widespread change to the whole running of the game in this country. Put aside petty squabbles and self interest and actually work for improving the bigger picture. The sum of Scottish football is greater than it's parts, including the 2 parts that reside at opposite sides of Glasgow.

SteveHFC
15-04-2015, 11:03 PM

Let's win our remaining games and let's hope Rangers lose to Hearts on the last day. Then providing if they get past QOTS in the first round of the play-offs. Hopefully we'll pump them in the play-off semi-final to get it up the SPFL and their plan to get Rangers back in the top flight.

Benny Brazil
15-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Still stand by my view that if TheRangers fail to get up this season through the play offs - then we will be looking at league reconstruction to get them there - this proves that there is nothing the SPL / SPFL wont do to ensure the Huns go up.

Absolutely scandalous decision followed by an absolutely disgraceful statement from the SPFL.

Fergos
16-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Still stand by my view that if TheRangers fail to get up this season through the play offs - then we will be looking at league reconstruction to get them there - this proves that there is nothing the SPL / SPFL wont do to ensure the Huns go up.

Absolutely scandalous decision followed by an absolutely disgraceful statement from the SPFL.

i agree and think that reconstruction is a strong possibility enabling the Huns to go up if they don't do it themselves.

Main concern for us of course if Hibs....as long as we do I'll be happy. And if we don't...I'll still be there next season.

GGTTH.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 07:14 AM
This is the paragraph of Budgies statement to the SPFL that gets me

Shows just how much the SPFL cares about other clubs - we have to STATE our case to move OUR game. We should of been told btw your games being moved by the SPFL and not you need to apply.

Sporting integrity ha don't make me laugh.

franks
16-04-2015, 08:18 AM
The SPFL justify their position by saying other clubs can change their kick offs too. In our case would that not mean that Falkirk and Hibs would have to agree to this. There would be a financial penalty to Falkirk in moving the game so they are unlikely to agree to a change surely. SPFL don't have a clue or are simply biased.

worcesterhibby
16-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Can I suggest that we help the club get the message over to the SPFL by posting comments (no swearing or threats) pointing out that this undermines the integrity of the league on their Facebook page. There is no post in FB by them relating to the date change (surprise, surprise) so I have just hijacked the thread about Kilmarnock at the top and written this.. "Where is the post about moving the Rangers game to Sunday to give them an unfair advantage over Hibs in the play off race ?? complete lack of sporting integrity #SPFLSHAME (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/spflshame?hc_location=ufi)"

Please do the same https://www.facebook.com/spflofficial?fref=ts&rf=478759468875041

You might also want to email them info@spfl.co.uk

I wrote this "Dear Sirs,

I write to express my concern and dismay at your decision to move Rangers game against Hearts to Sunday May 3rd. This goes against all conventions of good practice, fair play and sporting integrity and gives Rangers an unfair advantage over other play-off teams, notably Hibernian FC. Moving this game can mean only two things, firstly that the SPFL is not competent enough to actually run a sporting league OR it means that you are intentionally giving Rangers FC an unfair advantage over other clubs due to an inherent bias.

I call upon your organisation to move the fixture back to Saturday at the same time as all other fixtures or admit that you are either incompetent or corrupt."

You might also want to phone them and ask to speak to the Fixtures Officer (0)141 620 4140

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Just read the statement.

I think I'm in love with Leean :greengrin

Hibs90
16-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Just read the statement.

I think I'm in love with Leean :greengrin

A female who knows what they want, whoever would have thought it :greengrin

But in all seriousness, this is a joke. Hibs should keep kicking up a fuss until something is done. For all teams not just Hibs.

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 08:47 AM
A female who knows what they want, whoever would have thought it :greengrin

But in all seriousness, this is a joke. Hibs should keep kicking up a fuss until something is done. For all teams not just Hibs.

Totally agree, and I for one am happy to see Hearts involved as well.

As others have already said, it suits the OF Duopoly (and their followers in authority) to see the smaller Clubs at each others throats. I hope the Budge era sees the end of the childish taunts at Hibs from those in charge of Hearts and much more co-operation.

Big_Franck
16-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Well done to Dempster and Budge for making such quick, strongly worded statements. This is a total farce and quite clearly gives an advantage to the new rangers.

The statement then made by the SPFL is unbelievable! The total lack of respect and the contempt showed for fans and our game is unreal.

How the **** is Doncaster is still in a job after all this?

- The Rangers fiasco and his Armageddon-like predictions for our league without the SEVCO
- His failure to attract any sponsor whatsoever for our league
- The p1sspoor TV deal he signed us up to including the deal for the play-off games. It's been reported that clubs involved in the play-offs will receive just 10% of what they get for a televised Scottish Cup match!
- Allowing this complete and utter farce of a final day to unfold, showing our game up as a laughing stock.

I'm sure there's more but i'm supposed to be working :greengrin

FWIW i'd be surprised if Falkirk agreed to change our game to the Sunday as doing so will no doubt inconvenience many of their fans who have taken holidays off work, arranged travel, last day of the season meetings, hospitality packages etc. etc. If they have nothing to play for I can't see why they'd subject their fans to that.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Well done to Dempster and Budge for making such quick, strongly worded statements. This is a total farce and quite clearly gives an advantage to the new rangers.

The statement then made by the SPFL is unbelievable! The total lack of respect and the contempt showed for fans and our game is unreal.

- The Rangers fiasco and his Armageddon-like predictions for our league without the SEVCO
- The p1sspoor TV deal he signed us up to including the deal for the play-off games. It's been reported that clubs involved in the play-offs will receive just 10% of what they get for a televised Scottish Cup match!
- Allowing this complete and utter farce of a final day to unfold, showing our game up as a laughing stock.

FWIW i'd be surprised if Falkirk agreed to change our game to the Sunday as doing so will no doubt inconvenience many of their fans who have taken holidays off work, arranged travel, last day of the season meetings, hospitality packages etc. etc. If they have nothing to play for I can't see why they'd subject their fans to that.

What if hibs offered to cover the costs of hospitality packages that were booked but not being used because of a fixture change?

Onion
16-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Totally agree, and I for one am happy to see Hearts involved as well.

As others have already said, it suits the OF Duopoly (and their followers in authority) to see the smaller Clubs at each others throats. I hope the Budge era sees the end of the childish taunts at Hibs from those in charge of Hearts and much more co-operation.

The one area that EVERY club can get behind without reproach is sporting integrity. Only SEVCO, the SFA/SPFL, the referees and SKY seem to have a problem is recognising that this is central to sport. Without sporting integrity, no one has a game.

Onion
16-04-2015, 09:41 AM

The problem with this is everyone can see and understand why it is essential for the last set of games to be played at the same time. Sporting integrity trumps everything including inconvenience for fans and costs. The SPFL needs to grown a ****ing pair and either - FORCE everyone move their games to the Sunday or MOVE the Yam/Huns game back to Saturday (and accept the wrath of SKY).

FranckSuzy
16-04-2015, 09:41 AM
The problem with this is everyone can see and understand why it is essential for the last set of games to be played at the same time. Sporting integrity trumps everything including inconvenience for fans and costs. The SPFL needs to grown a ****ing pair and either - FORCE everyone move their games to the Sunday or MOVE the Yam/Huns game back to Saturday (and accept the wrath of SKY).

O'Rourke3
16-04-2015, 09:50 AM
While I don't think the SFPL help themselves we all have to remember this change is down to Sky. The real question is why they prevaricated on moving the fixture. They'll have thought for months it was the plumb tie of the round (before a ball was kicked) and as it turns out it's a title celebration and potential play-off decider as well.

SFPL are wringing their hands with "What can we do?" Either the game can't be played on the Saturday because of the Sky Championship commitments end of season expectation - known months in advance - or the game can be played on it's original scheduled date and time because there is no TV clash. Is it falling foul of a rule that states that fixtures cannot be televised at the same time as the rest of the league programme?
One seems easier to manage than 2 weeks notice of an entire fixture move.

southsider
16-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Is he saying Hibs should ask for a switch to Sunday ? Play the same time as a live TV game ? That would be a first. Why not just play Saturday at 3pm and show Hertz/Sevco on TV at the same time. No chance, Doncaster must go.

lucky
16-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Can we stop the nonsense of Hibs moving our game to later than the Rangers game. Our case is made on integrity but many on here are happy to ignore this if its to our advantage. The reality is that the decision to the Rangers game was wrong but only way to make it fair is that all games get moved and any losses are made up by the SPLF

Benny Brazil
16-04-2015, 09:57 AM
@ScottishFA's Stewart Regan says last day champ fixtures should be played on same day. Says fans/clubs/sporting integrity should come first

Well, maybe Regan should pull him his counterpart at the SPFL about this.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 09:59 AM
While I don't think the SFPL help themselves we all have to remember this change is down to Sky. The real question is why they prevaricated on moving the fixture. They'll have thought for months it was the plumb tie of the round (before a ball was kicked) and as it turns out it's a title celebration and potential play-off decider as well.

SFPL are wringing their hands with "What can we do?" Either the game can't be played on the Saturday because of the Sky Championship commitments end of season expectation - known months in advance - or the game can be played on it's original scheduled date and time because there is no TV clash. Is it falling foul of a rule that states that fixtures cannot be televised at the same time as the rest of the league programme?
One seems easier to manage than 2 weeks notice of an entire fixture move.

It's down to the SPFL to protect the integrity of the competition. As the SPFL is the clubs, it's up to the fans to lobby their clubs and force change. I don't know a single scottish football fan who thinks Neil Doncaster is doing a good job.
I would also like Hibs to confirm that we have asked for our fixture to be moved.

Onion
16-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Is he saying Hibs should ask for a switch to Sunday ? Play the same time as a live TV game ? That would be a first. Why not just play Saturday at 3pm and show Hertz/Sevco on TV at the same time. No chance, Doncaster must go.

Won't fit in with the Sky schedule. Also need to remember that it probably suits Sky's agenda if the Huns game is standalone and the Huns know exactly what they need to do to get 2nd place. This whole thing stinks more than a Gorbals midden.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Can we stop the nonsense of Hibs moving our game to later than the Rangers game. Our case is made on integrity but many on here are happy to ignore this if its to our advantage. The reality is that the decision to the Rangers game was wrong but only way to make it fair is that all games get moved and any losses are made up by the SPLF

I think people are pointing out the stupidity of the SPFL's decision. We all believe that the games should be at the same time.

Onion
16-04-2015, 10:05 AM

:agree: don't think anyone is seriously expecting us to play Sun at 3pm for that reason. But.. it would just be fascinating to see the reaction from Doncaster, SEVCO and Sky if we suggested it :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 10:09 AM

I think the point people are making that if the SPFL aren't deliberately giving Rangers an unfair advantage, what would there reaction be if Hibs wanted their game later than Rangers.

Would be hilarious if things stayed as they were tho, we beat Falkirk on the Saturday, then Rangers could only muster a draw on the Sunday :greengrin

Big_Franck
16-04-2015, 10:34 AM

I totally agree. The problem is that from the wording of the SPFL's statement that doesn't seem likely though. They have left it up to the clubs to request a change, so if they don't (and in Falkirk's case i'd understand why) the SPFL can then say the option was there, but not taken up by the clubs. It's a total cop out from those that are supposed to uphold the image, reputation and fairness of our game.

I'll repeat it because I think it's a hugely important point, how the **** is Doncaster still in a job??

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 10:37 AM
I totally agree. The problem is that from the wording of the SPFL's statement that doesn't seem likely though. They have left it up to the clubs to request a change, so if they don't (and in Falkirk's case i'd understand why) the SPFL can then say the option was there, but not taken up by the clubs. It's a total cop out from those that are supposed to uphold the image, reputation and fairness of our game.

I'll repeat it because I think it's a hugely important point, how the **** is Doncaster still in a job??

The tactic he's using of relying on a request from the Clubs is a smokescreen for his own incompetence.

It also makes no sense because if Hibs request a change and Falkirk turn it down (as is their right) then he knows fine well there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 10:41 AM

These are questions we need to be asking the club. Obviously in recent times we have been concerned with how dreadfully our own club was being run and so have not really focussed on how the game was being run.
Now that things are improving at Easter road (Petrie still needs to go) we need to turn our attention to the game in general.
Perhaps the two fans reps on the board could come out and explain to us the clubs thinking on the future direction of the game?

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 10:51 AM
The tactic he's using of relying on a request from the Clubs is a smokescreen for his own incompetence.

It also makes no sense because if Hibs request a change and Falkirk turn it down (as is their right) then he knows fine well there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

SPFL can move the game and there's nothing Falkirk can do about it. It's in the rules that if the clubs can't agree the SPFL make a decision. Hibs say Sunday, Falkirk say Saturday, Doncaster says "Ermm....., uhhhh......, ermmmmm..... it's not my fault."

Moulin Yarns
16-04-2015, 10:53 AM
"The only comment we've had back to date has been from one of the other clubs involved who have said 'no, we would prefer our game to remain on the Saturday'."
Falkirk chairman Doug Henderson says his club is "strongly opposed" to their match at home to Hibs being moved to Sunday 3 May.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32330475

GreenPJ
16-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Personally I just hope this fiasco does not detract from our most important objective of winning all of our remaining games - if that happens to be enough then great, if not then we will look back on the Rangers/Raith/Queen of the South games and regret it particularly the latter two.

As for Doncaster he must be one of the most inept clowns who have ruined our game over the last 20 years. Just as bad are the board of the SPFL if they don't act by sacking him after this latest shambles.

Kenny MacAskill should raise a question in parliament calling into question the effectiveness of the SPFL board and its Chief Exec and their complete submission of control to the television companies.

grunt
16-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Doncaster was on radio Scotland this morning. He pointedly avoided even mentioning the "sporting integrity" aspect of this issue. And the interviewer never mentioned it either. #hopeless,

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Do SKY move EPL games on the final day of the season or do they all kick off at the same time?

s.a.m
16-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Personally I just hope this fiasco does not detract from our most important objective of winning all of our remaining games - if that happens to be enough then great, if not then we will look back on the Rangers/Raith/Queen of the South games and regret it particularly the latter two.

As for Doncaster he must be one of the most inept clowns who have ruined our game over the last 20 years. Just as bad are the board of the SPFL if they don't act by sacking him after this latest shambles.

Kenny MacAskill should raise a question in parliament calling into question the effectiveness of the SPFL board and its Chief Exec and their complete submission of control to the television companies.

:agree: Stubbs need to do a Fergie, paint his nose red, and spend the next couple of weeks building a siege mentality, and try to use this farce as a motivator.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Do SKY move EPL games on the final day of the season or do they all kick off at the same time?

They are already all scheduled for the Sunday, and will all kick off at the same time. They normally have 2/3/4 games on between them and BT depending on the importance of them. I remember back to when Blackburn won the league. They had them and Man U games on at the same time on different channels.

jacomo
16-04-2015, 11:03 AM
"The only comment we've had back to date has been from one of the other clubs involved who have said 'no, we would prefer our game to remain on the Saturday'."
Falkirk chairman Doug Henderson says his club is "strongly opposed" to their match at home to Hibs being moved to Sunday 3 May.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32330475

The solution is not to move another game as well, FFS! Falkirk are entitled to be annoyed that their plans are being changed at late notice.

This is a disgrace and Doncaster has as good as admitted that Rangers will have an advantage playing a day later than us.

The only upside is that Budgie's righteous indignation might help spur Hearts into a performance. They will be getting their trophy and selling season tickets for 15/16 - they will really want the feel good factor that comes from a win on the day, won't they?

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 11:05 AM
They are already all scheduled for the Sunday, and will all kick off at the same time. They normally have 2/3/4 games on between them and BT depending on the importance of them. I remember back to when Blackburn won the league. They had them and Man U games on at the same time on different channels.

So they have no problem broadcasting games while there are others taking place?

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Oh aye, there's no issue with that at all. It happens quite a lot. Due to teams playing in the Europa league, they get their fixtures rescheduled to 3pm on the sunday, so it overlapped the 4pm Super Sunday game on Sky.

Green Man
16-04-2015, 11:14 AM

The only rule prohibiting broadcasts is during Saturday 3pm kick offs. At any other time, games can be broadcast while others are taking place.

Northern Hibby
16-04-2015, 11:15 AM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4296

Interesting

Heart of Midlothian Football Club would like to strongly encourage supporters not to rearrange any plans they may have made in relation to attending the Championship match against Rangers, originally scheduled for Saturday, May 2.

The club hopes to make a further statement in the very near future.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:22 AM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4296

Interesting

Heart of Midlothian Football Club would like to strongly encourage supporters not to rearrange any plans they may have made in relation to attending the Championship match against Rangers, originally scheduled for Saturday, May 2.

The club hopes to make a further statement in the very near future.

BBCBMcLauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin 2m2 minutes ago Edinburgh, Scotland All SPFL final say fixtures will now be played on Sat 2nd May with 12.15 kick off #BBCSportscot

ano hibby
16-04-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/final-date-change-would-be-disrespectful-says-bairns-chairman-1-3745695

Another angle why Falkirk opposed to switch...

Big_Franck
16-04-2015, 11:57 AM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-statement-on-fixtures/

All games now Saturday 2nd May at 12:15. **** kick off time that has ruined the day trip through for the game, but at least they are all now at the same time.

emerald green
16-04-2015, 05:44 PM
The contempt that the SPFL has for the lifeblood of the game, i.e. the ordinary fans who actually attend football matches, is completely staggering.

Doncaster should resign now after this fiasco. Scottish football is a laughing stock.