PDA

View Full Version : Rangers v Hearts Fixture change - effect on us

Pages : 1 [2]

MyJo
16-04-2015, 11:42 AM
All games now 1215 on the Saturday.

I wonder if all the clubs asked for that to happen or if the spfl just made the decision??? Bunch of clowns

Biggie
16-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Still the damage has been done, we all know where Doncasters loyalties lie......a vote of no confidence at the AGM please Lee-ann

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:44 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/317428-spfl-forced-into-u-turn-over-final-day-championship-of-fixtures/

This bit here tho :jamboak:

A SPFL spokesperson said: "Following consultation between the SPFL, member clubs and broadcast partners regarding the final round of Championship fixtures over the weekend of 2 & 3 May 2015, Sky Sports has now suggested an alternative schedule for its televised Championship match that weekend.

"As a result, we are pleased to confirm all five Championship matches that weekend will now kick-off simultaneously at 12.15pm on Saturday 2 May. The Hearts v Rangers match will be televised live on Sky Sports.

"The SPFL would like to thank Sky Sports for its flexibility and understanding and we’re sure all football fans will look forward to an exciting climax to the Championship season."

They don't half grovel to Sky!

Benny Brazil
16-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Thats a massive climb down on the SPFL and Doncaster's part - to put out a statement last night saying they don't see what the issue is - to changing the game back to the Saturday

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Why do we need to kick off at 1215 as well? They could've left it at 3 - it's not fair to ask all these clubs to change their kick off time is it?

Aldo
16-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Thats a massive climb down on the SPFL and Doncaster's part - to put out a statement last night saying they don't see what the issue is - to changing the game back to the Saturday

That's because he thought we'd roll over and take it.

Guy is a clown and has shown his true colours.

green day
16-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Why do we need to kick off at 1215 as well? They could've left it at 3 - it's not fair to ask all these clubs to change their kick off time is it?

Its called compromise -

Hibs and Hearts objective was sporting integrity / parity of ko time - which is now there.
SPFL objective was to continue to cowtow to the TV companies - which they get to do.

Ridiculous I know, but thats where we are at.

I dont doubt that if no saturday TV slot was available, the Hearts Rangers game woudl still be on the sunday.

Diclonius
16-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Well done Hibs and Hearts - standing up to the GPFL. :aok:

Spike Mandela
16-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Its called compromise -

Hibs and Hearts objective was sporting integrity / parity of ko time - which is now there.
SPFL objective was to continue to cowtow to the TV companies - which they get to do.

Ridiculous I know, but thats where we are at.

I dont doubt that if no saturday TV slot was available, the Hearts Rangers game woudl still be on the sunday.

Tv companies calling the shots blah blah blah.

This was a blatant( no attempt to even be subtle any more) to advantage Rangers in their quest for promotion.

Sky have never in the past requested final day fixtures be played at separate times, in fact, they have on many occasions bigged up the final day excitement of leagues. Split screen at all matches in mix, goals flashed up as soon as they happen in other games and league tables edited as it happens

This is only the start of attempts to massage Rangers ascent to their rightful position. Expect a lot of strange decisions and refereeing appointments over the course of the coming weeks.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Well done Hibs and Hearts - standing up to the GPFL. :aok:

Absolutely. It was a blatant attempt to give Rangers an advantage. Nae luck.

EskbankHibby
16-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Doncaster has come off spectacularly badly here, caught a bit of his interview on Radio Scotland this morning and could not believe the arrogance. Then this U-turn - not sure if it's possible to eat humble pie with your tail between your legs but he will have to try!

As an aside I would be absolutely furious if i was a Hearts fan who has had to re-arrange their travel plans TWICE in the last 24 hours. I'm no lover of anything maroon but that is a disgrace.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2015, 12:34 PM
I wonder if BT Sport will pick up our game. Is 12:15 on the Saturday not their slot?

J

Hibstrooper
16-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Surely there must be an online petition somewhere demanding the removal of Doncaster? Aside from this fiasco he has continued to fail to deliver in his role year after year.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 02:41 PM
I wonder if BT Sport will pick up our game. Is 12:15 on the Saturday not their slot?

J

BT already have a EPL game on at that time. Don't know if they'd show a match on each channel.

MrSmith
16-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Doncaster has no other option than to step down now! He has brought our game into disrepute and further damaged its already tarnished reputation. He is solely responsible for the current state of our game! Goodbye Doncaster Goodbye!

Higgy115
16-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Doncaster has no other option than to step down now! He has brought our game into disrepute and further damaged its already tarnished reputation. He is solely responsible for the current state of our game! Goodbye Doncaster Goodbye!

Yep, bye bye Doncaster.

The Alloa chairman coming across as a bit of a bellend on Sportsound.

green day
16-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Yep, bye bye Doncaster.

What's he saying?

Sir David Gray
16-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Glad that this decision has been reversed but it's no thanks to the SPFL.

Hibs (and Hearts to give them their due on this occasion) have been the ones responsible for getting this changed.

The SPFL should hang their collective heads in shame over this whole episode.

Higgy115
16-04-2015, 06:29 PM
What's he saying?

Refusing to accept Doncaster in the wrong and just generally dissing everyone else....

GreenArmyyy!
16-04-2015, 06:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5357

Cracking statement, great too see Lee-Ann twisting the knife. Enough is enough. So we now find out it wasn't even the SPFL that backtracked and changed the fixtures, it was an intervention from Sky. What an utter shambles. Taxi for Doncaster, he has more than outstayed his welcome. Roaster.

Benny Brazil
16-04-2015, 06:37 PM

Cracking statement, great too see Lee-Ann twisting the knife. Enough is enough. So we now find out it wasn't even the SPFL that backtracked and changed the fixtures, it was an intervention from Sky. What an utter shambles. Taxi for Doncaster, he has more than outstayed his welcome. Roaster.

Finally.

Finally we have someone in charge of our club who is prepared to stand up and say what needs to be said and defend the club to the hilt.
She certainly didnt miss the bullseye with that statement!

Sir David Gray
16-04-2015, 06:37 PM

Brilliant statement. :aok:

MyJo
16-04-2015, 06:50 PM
superb stuff from leeann, it's been a long time since the club and fans have been on the same page when it comes to bull***t from the SFA and SPFL but that statement completely represents the voice of the hibs fans

grunt
16-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Jim Spence‏@bbcjimspence 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/bbcjimspence/status/588663710849363968) Two strong willed women @JamTarts (https://twitter.com/JamTarts) and @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) make their views known and it's all change in fixture scheduling
Huh. When I criticised him yesterday on Twitter for lauding Budge's response and ignoring Leeann's ("I hadn't seen it" - "It's your job to see it") - he blocked me! I'm gutted.

Eyrie
16-04-2015, 07:15 PM
I suspect that Sky told the SPFL that they wanted to show Yams vs Sevco on Sunday lunchtime and assumed that the other fixtures would also be moved. It's Doncaster's failure to do this that caused the problem and his arrogant response that must seal his fate.

By the look of Hibs statement that won't be long in coming.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 07:26 PM
In response to the SPFL’s passing of the buck.

The above part of the statement is my favourite.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Doncaster can ***** off and he can take the split with him as well.

Gordy M
16-04-2015, 08:01 PM
If doncaster does deservedly get the bullet, hope we havd LD signed on a decent contract as i can see her getting touted to replace him!!

Pete
16-04-2015, 08:12 PM
If doncaster does deservedly get the bullet, hope we havd LD signed on a decent contract as i can see her getting touted to replace him!!

If Dempster and Budge were in joint charge they would probably do more good in five minutes than what the others have done in all the years they've been at the helm.

Doncaster is probably very good at something but he just doesn't "get" this.

Lucius Apuleius
16-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Sad that it has taken all those years and eventually it had to be two women to grow baws and take them on.

Gordy M
16-04-2015, 08:20 PM
If Dempster and Budge were in joint charge they would probably do more good in five minutes than what the others have done in all the years they've been at the helm.

Doncaster is probably very good at something but he just doesn't "get" this.
Oh i agree mate, im just worried that she is poached away just we seem to be getting our act together!

weecounty hibby
16-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Yep, bye bye Doncaster.

He is a bellend. Have known him for years, interested only in himself and was never a football fan before taking over Alloa. The club is pretty well run but he has done well out of it also

HibsMax
16-04-2015, 09:31 PM
The other teams won't care - they'll want a Saturday at 3pm kick off. Likely Falkirk will as well...
Yes, if we're just talking about this season. I was speaking in the general context of the integrity of the game for this season as well as future seasons. They should just stick to the norm and play all games at the same time.