PDA

View Full Version : no free entry for season ticket holders into play offs and Hibs wanting levy reduced

SQHib
15-04-2015, 10:44 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3039213/Hibernian-face-battle-lower-league-clubs-gate-revenue-lucrative-play-ties-Rangers-Motherwell.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

green&left
15-04-2015, 10:59 AM
One Easter Road source told Sportsmail: ‘A rule change has been introduced by the SPFL stopping clubs allowing their season ticket holders into the play-off games for free.

‘They have also imposed a minimum price of £15 and £10 for the play-offs.

Unreal that the SPFL can decide this and not the clubs. Looks like May is going to be an expensive month ahead!

Keith_M
15-04-2015, 11:04 AM
The SPFL see these games as a big money spinner, so want to cash in as much as possible.

They receive 50% of all takings, before expenses, meaning Clubs could actually be out of pocket.

It's ridiculous that they're now dictating to the Clubs about ST holders.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:06 AM
I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to get into the home play-off games for free with my ST. It was different last season when, if they hadn't made it free, there would have been an uproar after our freefall. I do expect the prices to be kept at the minimum of £15 tho to try and make it sell outs - and I include a game against Rangers in that - as May could be a VERY expensive month for Hibs fans.

Argylehibby
15-04-2015, 11:09 AM
with the possibility of 3 games that's a lot of cash to fork out

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2015, 11:21 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3039213/Hibernian-face-battle-lower-league-clubs-gate-revenue-lucrative-play-ties-Rangers-Motherwell.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This will be painted as greed by the lower league clubs. But given the change this year with bigger clubs in the play offs and a TV deal I would guess they would still end up with a much bigger cash pot than last year even if Hibs et al get their way.

The change which will affect us most is the minimum pricing. If we make the cup final and finish 3rd but make it all the way to the play off final it could look like this for the likes of me. This is on the presumption that I would get a ticket for QOTS and Motherwell away, which is unlikely.

QOTS v Hibs .... 9th May ......... £15
Hibs v QOTS .... 13th May ........ £15

Hibs v The Rangers ... 16th May .... £15
The Rangers v Hibs .... 23rd May ... £15

Scottish cup final ... 30th May .... £25 ?

Hibs v Motherwell? .... 6th June? ( date just a guess ).... £15
Mothewll v Hibs ... 13th June? ( date just a guess ) ....... £15

That's £110 in a month and doesn't include travel which would probably be another £100. Whatever happens, if we do get to the final and have to play the Zombies on 16th or 23rd of May there is no doubt it will affect the size of our away support at Ibrox if we are given the likes of 5,000 tickets, because folk will have to choose between that and the final and we all know which they will choose.

Could work our a very exensive month and that's only for a single person .. even worse if you have kids who want to go.

southsider
15-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Our board who are trustee for the fans and represent us shareholders decide that free entry is in the best interest of our club then who are the SFA to say we cant. Just do it Hibs and let the court decide

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:26 AM
This will be painted as greed by the lower league clubs. But given the change this year with bigger clubs in the play offs and a TV deal I would guess they would still end up with a much bigger cash pot than last year even if Hibs et al get their way.

The change which will affect us most is the minimum pricing. If we make the cup final and finish 3rd but make it all the way to the play off final it could look like this for the likes of me. This is on the presumption that I would get a ticket for QOTS and Motherwell away, which is unlikely.

QOTS v Hibs .... 9th May ......... £15
Hibs v QOTS .... 13th May ........ £15

Hibs v The Rangers ... 16th May .... £15
The Rangers v Hibs .... 23rd May ... £15

Scottish cup final ... 30th May .... £25 ?

Hibs v Motherwell? .... 6th June? ( just a guess ).... £15
Mothewll v Hibs ... 13th June? ( just a guess ) ....... £15

That's £110 in a month and doesn't include travel which would probably be another £100. Whatever happens, if we do get to the final and have to play the Zombies on 16th or 23rd of May there is no doubt it will affect the size of our away support at Ibrox if we are given the likes of 5,000 tickets, because folk will have to choose between that and the final and we all know which they will choose.

Could work our a very exensive month and that's only for a single person .. even worse if you have kids who want to go.

Minimum cost for a concession of £10 is wrong. Should be a fiver. I'm looking at £200 for me and my lad to get into that group of games.

matty_f
Think it's really vital we get second place now, save a bit of cash.

Brutal decision though, it should be in the season ticket.

DH1875

Add in away games and a possible cup final and its gonna get expesive. Doubt I'll be able to do them all to be honest :(

DH1875
15-04-2015, 11:30 AM
I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to get into the home play-off games for free with my ST. It was different last season when, if they hadn't made it free, there would have been an uproar after our freefall. I do expect the prices to be kept at the minimum of £15 tho to try and make it sell outs - and I include a game against Rangers in that - as May could be a VERY expensive month for Hibs fans.

Might be wrong but I think we were the only club last season who didn't charge ST holders for the playoff games. Pretty sure all the other clubs did.

.Sean.
Greedy *******s

lyonhibs
Given as Petrie was one of the people proposing these rules when the paly-offs were being put in place through his blazers role at Hampden, it's a little bit "egg on face" to now be trying to get them changed a matter of weeks before the play-offs.

Daft rules though. Hibs fans pay to see Hibs in playoff games, and half of what they pay Hibs never see hide nor hair of??!

How on earth did the great + the good of our game come up with that whizzo of an idea!!?? :confused:

steve75
I actually agree with dishing out 50% (although I think it should be after costs)

We've moaned for years about the old firm soaking up all the money and wanting better distribution.

Scottish football will never change if a few 'bigger' clubs keep with this mentality of self-interest.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Scottish cup final will be £35

Brooster
15-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Scottish cup final will be £35

And any playoff with Sevco will not be £15.

Beefster
15-04-2015, 11:43 AM
I actually agree with dishing out 50% (although I think it should be after costs)

We've moaned for years about the old firm soaking up all the money and wanting better distribution.

Scottish football will never change if a few 'bigger' clubs keep with this mentality of self-interest.

So do I. I suspect the reaction on here would be slightly different if it was Sevco trying to belatedly change the rules and we were not involved.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 11:44 AM

You being serious? Please tell me that buying a season ticket means you are buying a ticket for every home league game the club plays. It's a ****ing disgrace if this happens!!

Sick to death of being ripped off, I'm not blaming the club for this btw but come on, a season ticket is for the SEASON not for some games and not others.

DH1875
15-04-2015, 11:44 AM

Might as well be if we're no getting the money anyway.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:48 AM
You being serious? Please tell me that buying a season ticket means you are buying a ticket for every home league game the club plays. It's a ****ing disgrace if this happens!!

Sick to death of being ripped off, I'm not blaming the club for this btw but come on, a season ticket is for the SEASON not for some games and not others.

The argument would be, the play offs are additional to league games, and a ST is worked out based on 36 games. I wonder if clubs down south get in to play off games on their ST. (Thats a genuine question, not me trying to be smart).

Obviously, I would much rather it was included, as it keeps the cost down, but I always had it in my head that their would be some kind of cost at home this season if we were in the play offs.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Might as well be if we're no getting the money anyway.

I suspect that will be Hibs argument when lobbying for the change.
Change it to 25% and we will charge £28, therefore you will get the same cash anyway.
Same money for SPFL
More money for clubs in play offs (including Hibs)
Less money left in the fans pockets.

I suspect this may just go through

Mikey09
15-04-2015, 11:51 AM

You bet yer arse it wouldn't be £15!!!! Sevco charge £15? Try double that!!

Thecat23
The argument would be, the play offs are additional to league games, and a ST is worked out based on 36 games. I wonder if clubs down south get in to play off games on their ST. (Thats a genuine question, not me trying to be smart).

Obviously, I would much rather it was included, as it keeps the cost down, but I always had it in my head that their would be some kind of cost at home this season if we were in the play offs.

They are part of the season though. Our season ends when we play our final league game. Whether that's in a play off or not makes no odds. We have forked out enough money and we wonder why folk don't attend games!

Between this and If we did reach the final it will cost some an arm and a leg! I'm honestly shocked anyone would think this is fine! I've no idea how England do this but surely to god they knew at the start of the season they would do this so why not mention it then??

Andy74
They are additional games and I was fully expecting to pay for them.

Andy74
15-04-2015, 11:53 AM
They are part of the season though. Our season ends when we play our final league game. Whether that's in a play off or not makes no odds. We have forked out enough money and we wonder why folk don't attend games!

Between this and If we did reach the final it will cost some an arm and a leg! I'm honestly shocked anyone would think this is fine! I've no idea how England do this but surely to god they knew at the start of the season they would do this so why not mention it then??

Probably more what the Americans would call post season games.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Probably more what the Americans would call post season games.

Yanks are crazy though. Do you agree they should charge for these games Andy?

I find it ridiculous I really do. It's still within the season not when its finished! It really does baffle me the amount the fans put up with from the SFA and SPFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
15-04-2015, 12:00 PM

It is. If the Daily Mail article is correct it's 50% of the profits for the play-off games, not 50% of the gate receipts. We'll just have to exaggerate our costs :greengrin

I understand that the club would have wanted to charge season ticket holders for these games as the reality is we need the money. I don't understand how the SPFL can impose ticket prices of £15/£10 for every play-off game though.

marinello59
15-04-2015, 12:02 PM

They are post season games though and like cup games were not ever part of the season ticket. At no point were we ever told they were. Hibs could let us in for free but they will have to chuck the equivalent in to the pot to pay the other teams their share. The levy was fair when it was agreed and it is fair now.
Id rather be budgeting for cup and play off games than not being involved. Anyway I am far too old for tantrums now.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 12:04 PM
They are post season games though and like cup games were not ever part of the season ticket. At no point were we ever told they were. Hibs could let us in for free but they will have to chuck the equivalent in to the pot to pay the other teams their share. The levy was fair when it was agreed and it is fair now.
Id rather be budgeting for cup and play off games than not being involved. Anyway I am far too old for tantrums now.

I'm not blaming hibs by the way! I'm sorry but a season ticket should cover all league games as far as I'm concerned and I personally think they are shafting the fans!!

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 12:07 PM
They are additional games and I was fully expecting to pay for them.

Really?

Fair enough, maybe it's just me who's surprised then!!

Andy74
15-04-2015, 12:08 PM
I'm not blaming hibs by the way! I'm sorry but a season ticket should cover all league games as far as I'm concerned and I personally think they are shafting the fans!!

It does cover league games. These are play off games. I'm happy to pay. Being down here is bad but if we can make up the cash hit a little wit these games then that's a small positive.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Yes, it could become very expensive, though I didn't think the play offs would be on the ST, to be honest. Play offs aren't part of the normal league programme.

flash
15-04-2015, 12:15 PM

They aren't league games.

marinello59
15-04-2015, 12:27 PM

Do you think they are shafting the fans by not including cup games then?
You have to laugh. When play offs were first mooted they were popular due to the fact that they would extra excitement and revenue to our game. But now we have to pay the revenue aspect is the work of the devil.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Find myself in the strange situation of agreeing with Andy74.
These games are no more part of the season than cup games which are not on the season ticket.
Unless you bought a play off top up then I'm afraid it should be paid for.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 12:33 PM
It does cover league games. These are play off games. I'm happy to pay. Being down here is bad but if we can make up the cash hit a little wit these games then that's a small positive.

Yeah once I've calmed down and look at the bigger picture I might not be so peeved about it. Just thought they would be included!

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 12:34 PM
You have to laugh. When play offs were first mooted they were popular due to the fact that they would extra excitement and revenue to our game. But now we have to pay the revenue aspect is the work of the devil.

No because we had a choice at the start of the season with the cup top up. I went for it myself and I'm happy with that set up. I just thought like last year it was included!!

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 12:35 PM

Popular with who?

They're a ****ing joke and nothing but another excuse for SKY to grab more cash from their audience. If they want to have play-offs they should copy the rugby league model and have the top half of the premier leagues playing a knockout to decide which club are champions. Lets see Chelsea, ManU, ManC et al buy into that one. Celtc would love that.

green&left
15-04-2015, 12:35 PM

Shafting the fans by forcing them to pay £45 minimum for 3 games in as many weeks (if we don't finish 2nd), after some of which have already paid £380 - £405 for well overly priced season tickets. Absolutely.

Biggest farce of the lot is the SPFL deciding the minimum pricing structure.

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2015, 12:39 PM
I suspect that will be Hibs argument when lobbying for the change.
Change it to 25% and we will charge £28, therefore you will get the same cash anyway.
Same money for SPFL
More money for clubs in play offs (including Hibs)
Less money left in the fans pockets.

I suspect this may just go through

No we wont ......... Its clear that folk have been put off by this price for Cat A games this season ... Hibs would be mental to charge £28 for a game where a big support will be vital and I think they know that. We got 18,000 home fans against Hamilton on the back of charging as little as we could get away with. I think it will be £15 for QOTS and a maximum of £20 for the Rangers and Motherwell if we get that far.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Shafting the fans by forcing them to pay £45 minimum for 3 games in as many weeks (if we don't finish 2nd), after some of which have already paid £380 - £405 for well overly priced season tickets. Absolutely.

Biggest farce of the lot is the SPFL deciding the minimum pricing structure.

That's what I was meaning as well. It really is a lot of cash for the average fan to splash out! Then we will get some moaning that we didn't fill all stands! I'm lucky to be able to afford it but I know many with couple of kids who just couldn't do all these games!

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 12:42 PM
No we wont ......... Its clear that folk have been put off by this price for Cat A games this season ... Hibs would be mental to charge £28 for a game where a big support will be vital and I think they know that. We got 18,000 home fans against Hamilton on the back of charging as little as we could get away with. I think it will be £15 for QOTS and a maximum of £20 for the Rangers and Motherwell if we get that far.

I agree, can't see Hibs wanting to over price these games because we need to pack the ground out. If they did then I think a lot would finally chuck it!

Hannah_hfc
15-04-2015, 12:45 PM
If folk struggled to afford the derby and the semi final over a two week space, then they can forget sell outs for the play offs.
Surely when the matches decide what league we will be in next year, it's more important to get as many people as possible in backing the team?

Steve20
15-04-2015, 12:46 PM
They aren't league games.

Considering it decides what league you'll play in and the games are based on where you finish in the league, then I'd say it's part of the league season.

It didn't cross my mind that season ticket holders would have to pay.

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Did we pay for the home game last year or was that on ST?

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Did we pay for the home game last year or was that on ST?

Sure it was on the ST and they've now changed the rules. Not Hibs fault.

15-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Hibs must be able to let ST holders in for free or half price or whatever and then make up the rest themselves when paying the SPFL.

If they wanted to.

CB_NO3
15-04-2015, 12:57 PM
So May could have Hibs fans paying for Falkirk away, a potential cup final and a potential 6 playoff ties, 3 home and 3 away. Better cancel the summer holidays.

southsider
15-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Do those with cup top up's get in free ? Here is my idea. All new (and renewed) ST holders should be given free entry to all home play off games. Thoughts ?

lord bunberry
15-04-2015, 01:01 PM

I bought my season ticket last march on the basis of 19 home games

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Do those with cup top up's get in free ? Here is my idea. All new (and renewed) ST holders should be given free entry to all home play off games. Thoughts ?

That would be a good idea and a real boost to next years season ticket numbers

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 01:03 PM
I bought my season ticket last march on the basis of 19 home games

That's a bit greedy as every body else only got 18.

DH1875
15-04-2015, 01:05 PM
If we make the cup final, what about a 50 pound package where you get a ticket for the first playoff game and a ticket for the final?

lord bunberry
15-04-2015, 01:06 PM
That's a bit greedy as every body else only got 18.

Why would there be 18 home games in a 38 game season

CB_NO3
15-04-2015, 01:09 PM
If we make the cup final, what about a 50 pound package where you get a ticket for the first playoff game and a ticket for the final?

But we will get 25k for the cup final. How do we fit them in to ER? No away fans? It will cost £50 anyway. As someone said the final will be £35 and the playoffs will be minimum of £15 which is set by the SPFL.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 01:10 PM

its very possible. Depending on how the split works, some teams end up with 20 home games, some with 19, and some with 18.

lyonhibs
15-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Really Hibs should have foreseen this flashpoint and had the good grace not to bother qualifying for the playoffs once it became clear sometime around Xmas that Hearts were going to win the league.

Then, no ST holder would have to pay for games they don't feel they should have to and the value for money of a 19 home game ST would have been left untarnished.

Right? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Considering it decides what league you'll play in and the games are based on where you finish in the league, then I'd say it's part of the league season.

It didn't cross my mind that season ticket holders would have to pay.

It wasn't on the ST last season so why would it be on the ST for this? Hibs made a decision to put the Hamilton game on STs after we ended up 2nd bottom and after a lot of fan pressure. As it stands £15 isn't too bad for a play off game, though I wish the SPFL had made it £5 for kids rather than £10. Because the SPFL have set these prices Hibs have no option but to comply, if we don't the club would have to make up the difference which means we could end up playing games for practically nothing and still end up in the championship next season.

While I agree that sometimes Hibs ( though they are not to blame for this one ) get prices wrong such as the £28 for a Cat A game in the Championship stuff, it has to be remembered that we are a professional football club and we need to make money to survive.

As far as I can see the semi against Falkirk is in financial terms probably the most important game Hibs will have played this century. Make the final and the benefits in TV cash, gate receipts and ST sales will enable us to survive not going up ( if that happens ) reasonably well.

Win the cup and get promoted and it will be our best season since the 1950s ............ If only :greengrin

Smartie
15-04-2015, 01:31 PM

So do I.

My main surprise here is that it is us who are making the fuss and not The Rangers. Surely they need the cash most and stand to make the greatest profit from packing out their huge stadium for big games? Or are they the hardman standing behind wee, scrawny Hibs as they go to take a potshot at a much bigger guy, promising to "jump in" if it goes belly up for them?

If we hadn't made the playoff then Hibs would neither have made a profit nor loss from games that didn't exist. Why shouldn't they be handing 50% of the profit back? It could go a long way to help clubs much further down the food chain than us. It's handing back PROFIT, not giving money out of our own funds.

What would Hibs' break-even figure be likely to be for these games? What would the financial impact on our club be of Hibs choosing to let season ticket holders into this game for free as a goodwill gesture, given we will probably sell thousands extra at £15 a pop?

I reckon we're being softened up by Hibs so they can turn around and say that it was the big, bad SPFL that wouldn't let us season ticket holders in for nothing.

Not that I think we necessarily should be let in for nowt. Hibs need to pay their way, as do The Rangers and the other teams so they also need to calculate whether or not this is a gesture that they should/ could accommodate.

It might be in Hibs best interests to get some positive season ticket holders onside though via a gesture like this. Reward those who stuck by them in their hour of need and all that.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 01:41 PM
So do I.

My main surprise here is that it is us who are making the fuss and not The Rangers. Surely they need the cash most and stand to make the greatest profit from packing out their huge stadium for big games? Or are they the hardman standing behind wee, scrawny Hibs as they go to take a potshot at a much bigger guy, promising to "jump in" if it goes belly up for them?

If we hadn't made the playoff then Hibs would neither have made a profit nor loss from games that didn't exist. Why shouldn't they be handing 50% of the profit back? It could go a long way to help clubs much further down the food chain than us. It's handing back PROFIT, not giving money out of our own funds.

What would Hibs' break-even figure be likely to be for these games? What would the financial impact on our club be of Hibs choosing to let season ticket holders into this game for free as a goodwill gesture, given we will probably sell thousands extra at £15 a pop?

I reckon we're being softened up by Hibs so they can turn around and say that it was the big, bad SPFL that wouldn't let us season ticket holders in for nothing.

Not that I think we necessarily should be let in for nowt. Hibs need to pay their way, as do The Rangers and the other teams so they also need to calculate whether or not this is a gesture that they should/ could accommodate.

It might be in Hibs best interests to get some positive season ticket holders onside though via a gesture like this. Reward those who stuck by them in their hour of need and all that.

£100k is a big gesture for the club to make. I fully expect to have to pay the £15.

Amit
15-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Great feedback here. All of which I intend to bring up.

Thanks,

Amit

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Great feedback here. All of which I intend to bring up.

Thanks,

Amit

:thumbsup:

Can you do the same with the Hearts v Rangers fixture change please Amit

H18S NX
15-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Surely paying top price for st this season would cover the play offs,no.

lord bunberry
15-04-2015, 01:45 PM
its very possible. Depending on how the split works, some teams end up with 20 home games, some with 19, and some with 18.

It's not what you pay for though. The season tickets were priced on the basis of 19 games

Amit
15-04-2015, 01:46 PM
:thumbsup:

Can you do the same with the Hearts v Rangers fixture change please Amit

In the note book too :thumbsup:

DH1875
15-04-2015, 01:46 PM
But we will get 25k for the cup final. How do we fit them in to ER? No away fans? It will cost £50 anyway. As someone said the final will be £35 and the playoffs will be minimum of £15 which is set by the SPFL.

We wouldn't get 25k tickets if it were against celtic. Think we got 20k the last time which would fall in with the capacity of ER. If its the 3rd vs 4th game vs QoS at ER it won't sell out so offer the package. If we finish 2nd and its against rangers, give them 1k tickets. You put the package together meaning everyone who goes to the playoff gets the option of a ticket for the final and I'm sure they'd happly pay 50 notes. Like you said, would cost that anyway so everyones a winner.

TamHibs
15-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Surely paying top price for st this season would cover the play offs,no.

No, because it's not a league game we would be playing. The league starts & ends after 36 games. That's all that is & should be included in our season tickets.

As far as I'm aware, we were the only club in the playoffs last season to allow fans into the home fixture for free, even then it was only to assure that the place wouldn't be empty after the way our season unfolded from January onwards.

Smartie
15-04-2015, 01:47 PM
£100k is a big gesture for the club to make. I fully expect to have to pay the £15.

It is. But maybe worth it to have your hardcore support 100% onside for some of the biggest games we will ever play?

As I mentioned, these are games that might never have existed and presumably there will be some profit made from the other fans that would cover most/all of it.

I wouldn't expect Hibs to make a loss out of such a gesture but maybe accept that they weren't to make a profit.

A couple of years ago I would fully expect Hibs to shoot themselves in the foot in the PR and football departments for relatively minor sums of money. I think we take a slightly different approach these days.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 01:48 PM
It's not what you pay for though. The season tickets were priced on the basis of 19 games

The 18 league games plus 3 play off games would be 21 home games.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 01:51 PM
It is. But maybe worth it to have your hardcore support 100% onside for some of the biggest games we will ever play?

As I mentioned, these are games that might never have existed and presumably there will be some profit made from the other fans that would cover most/all of it.

I wouldn't expect Hibs to make a loss out of such a gesture but maybe accept that they weren't to make a profit.

A couple of years ago I would fully expect Hibs to shoot themselves in the foot in the PR and football departments for relatively minor sums of money. I think we take a slightly different approach these days.

I'll be honest, I would be just as impressed if we announced that ALL play off games would be the £15 for adults. I think my biggest worry is we try and charge the usual £28 for a game against Rangers. If they wanted to do something, they could maybe make concessions a fiver and make up the £5 difference.

ekhibee
15-04-2015, 01:52 PM
For the record I totally agree with you. Glad that some people on here are quite comfortable with it. I'm not. And I don't know what post season games means, it's not post season, at least not in most people's eyes.

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 01:53 PM

We only play 36 games in the Championship so 18 home games.

I know you bought your ST before we were relegated, as did I, and hoped to have a 38 game season but that didn't work out.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 01:55 PM
For the record I totally agree with you. Glad that some people on here are quite comfortable with it. I'm not. And I don't know what post season games means, it's not post season, at least not in most people's eyes.

Yeah I just find it strange that folk seem to just happily accept this. I honestly would have thought the season ticket would cover all league games. Play off games are still league games as you are playing to see who goes up.

Smartie
15-04-2015, 02:01 PM
I'll be honest, I would be just as impressed if we announced that ALL play off games would be the £15 for adults. I think my biggest worry is we try and charge the usual £28 for a game against Rangers. If they wanted to do something, they could maybe make concessions a fiver and make up the £5 difference.

I'd be happy with that.

I'd love there to be some sort of a gesture to give something back to the fans at the games and I'm happy to see funds being distributed wider.

I'd be very disappointed to see Hibs exploit this for every penny they can, charging full whack from fans in the ground AND refusing to redistribute the 50%.

Very disappointed indeed as I thought we'd left that stuff in the past.

lord bunberry
15-04-2015, 02:04 PM
The 18 league games plus 3 play off games would be 21 home games.

I'm not saying we should get in for nothing, I was correcting you for saying our season ticket was for a 36 game season. If you bought the early bird last season you paid for a 38 game season. Hibs in effect owe us 1 game. I fully expect to be paying for the play off games.

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't have any problem with Hibs making a fuss about the 50% redistribution. When that was agreed there was no TV money for the play-offs and the teams involved probably had about 5-6,000 ST holders combined. They've now made a rule that STs don't count and set a minimum price for tickets. Just seems like milking the fans for every last penny (that's the SPFL not Hibs).

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm not saying we should get in for nothing, I was correcting you for saying our season ticket was for a 36 game season. If you bought the early bird last season you paid for a 38 game season. Hibs in effect owe us 1 game. I fully expect to be paying for the play off games.

I know what you mean, but they don't owe us 1 game. As theres a chance in the Premiership we would only have got 18 home games. The ST gets us in to all league games.

Bristolhibby
15-04-2015, 02:17 PM
If the SPFL are dictating pricing, they should also be dictating minimum allocation percentages for away fans.

J

Pete
15-04-2015, 02:55 PM
If the SPFL are dictating pricing, they should also be dictating minimum allocation percentages for away fans.

J

If we play rangers at any stage and they want the Dunbar end we must DEMAND the entire broomloan.

None of this nonsense like safety/you won't sell enough/you never normally take that/here's 2000 and be happy.

We can't be bullied here and must ensure we are given the same percentage. This is more important than a few pounds for the SPFL.

Smartie
15-04-2015, 02:55 PM

J

I think I would prefer for Hibs to attempt to negotiate that one first and only get the SPFL in as a last resort.

We know what would happen if it was up to the SPFL.

Pete
15-04-2015, 03:05 PM
I think I would prefer for Hibs to attempt to negotiate that one first and only get the SPFL in as a last resort.

We know what would happen if it was up to the SPFL.

It should be the easiest set of negotiations in the world.

"Anything less than the entire broomloan for hibs means you get a few hundred stuck in the corner of the Dunbar".

Smartie
15-04-2015, 03:08 PM
It should be the easiest set of negotiations in the world.

"Anything less than the entire broomloan for hibs means you get a few hundred stuck in the corner of the Dunbar".

You would think that "We'll give you a big stand behind the goal if you give us a big stand behind the goal" would make sense and suit both parties.

We'll see though. Both sides could play silly buggers if they wanted to.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 03:26 PM

I thought Rod Petrie had taken a back seat, shouldn't it be Leeann Dempster who should be speaking for Hibs nowadays.

Petty, think what you want, but we keep hearing he has taken a back seat and yet his name keeps popping up, he seems to talk more to the press now since he took that back seat from when he ran the club in to the ground when we never heard from him, i thought LD was running the club now, and she should be the one making club statements to the press.

Pete
15-04-2015, 03:38 PM
I thought Rod Petrie had taken a back seat, shouldn't it be Leeann Dempster who should be speaking for Hibs nowadays.

Petty, think what you want, but we keep hearing he has taken a back seat and yet his name keeps popping up, he seems to talk more to the press now since he took that back seat from when he ran the club in to the ground when we never heard from him, i thought LD was running the club now, and she should be the one making club statements to the press.

Maybe she's doing something more constructive.

IanM
15-04-2015, 03:50 PM

Petty, think what you want, but we keep hearing he has taken a back seat and yet his name keeps popping up, he seems to talk more to the press now since he took that back seat from when he ran the club in to the ground when we never heard from him, i thouyght LD was running the club now, and she should be the one making club statements to the press.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5352

She is and always has

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Maybe she's doing something more constructive.

Give me a clue to what is more constructive just now.

Pete
15-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Give me a clue to what is more constructive just now.

I don't know but there are probably a million more constructive things she could be doing than making statements to the press.

Maybe those people who keep questioning our present hierarchy could tell us as they seem to be experts when it comes to running a football club. :cool2:

Smartie
15-04-2015, 04:01 PM
So, to quote LD in the official Hibs release on the website…..

"She stressed that the Levy was originally designed to help pay for the parachute payment made to clubs relegated, and added: “When the Parachute Payment is fully funded by the Scottish FA as it is at the moment there is no need for a Levy. In those circumstances all the Levy does is take money paid by supporters to watch the team they support and redistribute that to every other team in the league. Any club which can imagine itself in that situation would say that was unfair." "

If this had come from The Rangers trying to change the rules during a season to keep more loot to themselves this place would be in meltdown.

I'm not sure I'm with Hibs at all on that one, although she does make fair points elsewhere.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 04:03 PM
I don't know but there are probably a million more constructive things she could be doing than making statements to the press.

Maybe those people who keep questioning our present hierarchy could tell us as they seem to be experts when it comes to running a football club. :cool2:

She must have seen my post. :wink:

Yip, let's hear from them. :cool2: :wink:

Pete
15-04-2015, 04:10 PM
She must have seen my post. :wink:

Yip, let's hear from them. :cool2: :wink:

Now I think about it, most of them are banned.

:greengrin

HH81
15-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Fans in England pay for play off games. Season tickets not valid.

Bristolhibby
15-04-2015, 04:18 PM

And the playoff final is a one off at Wembley.

Neutral venue winner takes all game.

J

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Really?

Fair enough, maybe it's just me who's surprised then!!

No I fully agree with you, let's not forget we already paid well over the odds for our season tickets, to be asked to fork out even more money is outrageous.

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 06:19 PM
No I fully agree with you, let's not forget we already paid well over the odds for our season tickets, to be asked to fork out even more money is outrageous.

Glad others can see it then. I do think it's a huge rip off and the fans are what really matter in football.

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 06:23 PM

To pay over the odds for the season tickets can be laid directly at Hibs door.

However the decision to charge for the play offs has nothing to do with Hibs.

Not really comparing like with like.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 06:26 PM

I never said it had anything to do with Hibs, of course it's like with like it's all about paying to watch Hibs!

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 06:33 PM
I never said it had anything to do with Hibs, of course it's like with like it's all about paying to watch Hibs!

No its not.

Hibs were in control of season ticket prices.

Hibs are not in control of having to charge a minimum price for play off matches.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 06:35 PM
No its not.

Hibs were in control of season ticket prices.

Hibs are not in control of having to charge a minimum price for play off matches.

Look you're missing my point, it's not about who controls what, it's simply about a football supporter being asked to fork out even more dosh.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm happy paying over the odds to watch The Hibees this season and will gladly be sticking my hand in my pocket to watch the play off games.

Signed

Happy Clapper. Especially if that cup lands up in the Capital.

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Look you're missing my point, it's not about who controls what, it's simply about a football supporter being asked to fork out even more dosh.

Better not win the semi of the cup then as we will be asked to pay again for the final :wink:

I do see your point but originally thought you were blaming Hibs for both scenarios.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Better not win the semi of the cup then as we will be asked to pay again for the final :wink:

I do see your point but originally thought you were blaming Hibs for both scenarios.

Not at all mate, I can just about put up with paying for the final if we make it as I am saving money by not going to the Semi :wink:

Have something on in Liverpool this weekend so no visit to Hampden for me.

Eyrie
15-04-2015, 07:28 PM

Part of the problem turns out to be that it's the bigger clubs that get most of the money. From Dempster's statement (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5352)

In fact, based on the league table as it stands at the moment, for winning the Premiership Celtic will get 50 times as much from the Levy as Albion Rovers will get for winning League 2. Similarly the distributions to Aberdeen (second) is 37 times the money received by Queens Park (second) in League 2.

And it's the big clubs in the top flight that have stitched up the "champion"ship clubs over the TV rights.

This is possible because the Board of the SPFL has negotiated a live TV broadcasting deal for the Premiership Play Off Matches – all six games could be broadcast - at a match fee which is just 10% of what clubs receive from televised Scottish Cup ties. The TV deal has been approved by the Premiership clubs. But only one Premiership club will feature and the Championship clubs whose home gates could be affected by live TV were not consulted and didn’t have a vote

Essentially this is a cash grab by the teams in the top league looking to make the most out of ourselves and Sevco being in the playoffs.

Ronniekirk
15-04-2015, 07:34 PM

Yep it's to generate lots of cash to redistribute to teams that didn't make the play offs :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 08:15 PM
I think it's a really poor show if Hibs charge season ticket holders for any play off matches.

It's part of the league season and we're already paying top dollar for second tier football.

I think they should think long and hard about this.

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 08:27 PM
I think it's a really poor show if Hibs charge season ticket holders for any play off matches.

It's part of the league season and we're already paying top dollar for second tier football.

I think they should think long and hard about this.

Hibs have no say in the matter. The SPFL have issued minimum prices and stated season tickets aren't valid.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Hibs have no say in the matter. The SPFL have issued minimum prices and stated season tickets aren't valid.

Can they actually dictate to a club that ST's are not valid? Or is it just the case that they expect a certain level of revenue per head according to attendance? If so charge walk ups more to subsidise freebies for ST holders :greengrin

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 08:34 PM

How can the SPFL dictate that a club makes season tickets invalid for the play off matches?

I would have thought SH's suggestion below would make sense.

Can they actually dictate to a club that ST's are not valid? Or is it just the case that they expect a certain level of revenue per head according to attendance? If so charge walk ups more to subsidise freebies for ST holders :greengrin

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 08:43 PM
How can the SPFL dictate that a club makes season tickets invalid for the play off matches?

I would have thought SH's suggestion below would make sense.

You would have to ask them that question Trig.

SH's suggestion is a beauty if you're a season ticket holder but not so sure doubling a walk up from a minimum of £15 to a minimum of £30 will help the attendance much.

Speedy
15-04-2015, 08:51 PM
ST holders should get in for free imo. Or at a minimum cup top up holders.

DH1875
15-04-2015, 08:52 PM

Fans in Scotland pay for them as well. As already pointed out in the thread, all the other teams in the playoffs last season charged their fans for the playoff games. The fact that we didn't is actually probably why they've brought in the rule this season.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 08:54 PM
You would have to ask them that question Trig.

SH's suggestion is a beauty if you're a season ticket holder but not so sure doubling a walk up from a minimum of £15 to a minimum of £30 will help the attendance much.

Maybe not double but I think it's really poor that season tickets are invalid for these games.

I stand corrected if it's not Hibs' doing but I really think this needs to be rethought.

andyf5
15-04-2015, 09:09 PM
"The SPFL says that, as result of opposition from clubs, it will withdraw its proposal to prohibit admission via season tickets and impose minimum prices. "As reported by BBC

lyonhibs
15-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Maybe not double but I think it's really poor that season tickets are invalid for these games.

I stand corrected if it's not Hibs' doing but I really think this needs to be rethought.

It definitively is not Hibs doing as per LD's statement on the topic.

Play-off games and our participation therein are a totally unknown quantity at the beginning of the season, so how can they be expected to be included in the calculations/expectations of ST holders who buy ST before the beginning of a league season?? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2015, 10:11 PM
It definitively is not Hibs doing as per LD's statement on the topic.

Play-off games and our participation therein are a totally unknown quantity at the beginning of the season, so how can they be expected to be included in the calculations/expectations of ST holders who buy ST before the beginning of a league season?? :confused:

The same way a supporter was expected to buy a season ticket at SPL prices and then find we were playing in the championship!!

greenlex
16-04-2015, 02:17 AM
And the playoff final is a one off at Wembley.

Neutral venue winner takes all game.

J led to believe the runner up gets all the gate with the winners relieving nothing from the final. They get enough from going up.