PDA

View Full Version : The Jambos performances in big games this season.

Not In The Know
14-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Not very good really.

Vs Us

Out played, lucky to be in the game at pink castle, Liams Craig penalty miss was crucial - typical derby story
Outplayed again wonder goal snatching a draw
Outplayed again in first half wonder goal drawing equal - second half meh!
Outplayed AGAIN we don't do a "hibs" and win by more than 1 goal!

Vs The Rangers

A fortunate last second winner at Ibrox at the start of the season.
A sending off in their favour turning the game at pink castle
Defeated, largely out played when 11 v 11 a couple of weeks ago at Ibrox
Should we hold out any hope??

Vs Celtic

Humped
Humped

Vs Falkirk

Decent win
Close game
DEFEAT
Decent win

Give them credit, their consistently has won them the league (cough cough deservedly) but basically beat Dumbarton, Alloa, Raith Rovers et all you are perceived as world beaters or officailly the 13th best team in Scotland.

Paloschi
14-04-2015, 04:13 PM
They were the better team in the first derby of the season IMO. Mind you it could have gone either way and if LC had tucked away the penalty we may have won.

Apart from that they have been outplayed. Bottom 6 material next season.

SkintHibby
14-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Great post IMHO.

Was thinking earlier how Hibs are clearly the better of the two Edinburgh clubs but rembembered how Hearts had the consistency over the season.

On the other point. Clubs for the most part when they are promoted do really well because they are usually a bit of an unknown quantity. Will bet anyone right now Hearts will finish top six.:agree:

Dobosz83
14-04-2015, 04:53 PM
I find it pretty incredible that Hearts and The Rangers locked horns back on 22 November last year and didn't conclude a 90 minute fixture until Easter Sunday pretty much a week ago. In that same period we played The Rangers 3 times.

We all know Rangers are no great shakes, but had they had to play ourselves and Rangers a little more regularly and not the very back end of the season then perhaps they would have lost a couple before the league was won. Had that been the case, I believe more points could have been dropped and it wouldn't have been such a stroll for them.

All very fortuitous IMO.

:cb

Ozyhibby
14-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Both Hibs and Hearts should be top 6 next season.
We just need to make sure we get promoted.

hibeedonald
14-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Not very good really.

Vs Us

Out played, lucky to be in the game at pink castle, Liams Craig penalty miss was crucial - typical derby story

Vs The Rangers

Vs Celtic

Humped
Humped

Vs Falkirk

Decent win
Close game
DEFEAT
Decent win

Give them credit, their consistently has won them the league (cough cough deservedly) but basically beat Dumbarton, Alloa, Raith Rovers et all you are perceived as world beaters or officailly the 13th best team in Scotland.

Never outplayed them in the first derby, but our team was totally different.

S4uzee
14-04-2015, 05:07 PM
They've also taken 12 from QOS compared to our 4 which is the difference

forbes75
14-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Not very good really.

Vs Us

Vs The Rangers

Vs Celtic

Humped
Humped

Vs Falkirk

Decent win
Close game
DEFEAT
Decent win

I thought they deserved to beat the huns at home and i hope they do again if it matters. Rangers could have finished with 8 men that day and it would have been fair.

Onceinawhile
14-04-2015, 05:43 PM
They've also taken 12 from QOS compared to our 4 which is the difference

The gap is substantially bigger than 8 points. Hearts are going up because they are the best team in the league. It's no surprise they lost their last two games, they're on holiday mode.

Purple & Green
14-04-2015, 05:49 PM
There's no substantial difference in ourselves and hearts v rangers and the bottom 4. Where hearts won the league is the twenty more points they took off Falkirk, raith rovers and queen of the south compared to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
14-04-2015, 05:52 PM
I've only seen Hearts 6 times all season. 4 times live v us and twice v Rangers on the box.

I really don't see how they have won the league so easily if that's how they perform every week. Big wake up call for them next season if they think they are going to breeze into European contention straight away.

forbes75
14-04-2015, 05:53 PM
There's no substantial difference in ourselves and hearts v rangers and the bottom 4. Where hearts won the league is the twenty more points they took off Falkirk, raith rovers and queen of the south compared to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but why can't WE take the 20 odd points off these teams? Did you honestly give us a chance of winning this league before a ball was kicked?

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2015, 06:24 PM
I said on a previous thread they were gash, and having seen them in the derbies I stand by that.....

I also firmly believe that had El Alagui not been injured, we would have been well in the mix, for the title

HibeesLA
14-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Great post IMHO.

Was thinking earlier how Hibs are clearly the better of the two Edinburgh clubs but rembembered how Hearts had the consistency over the season.

On the other point. Clubs for the most part when they are promoted do really well because they are usually a bit of an unknown quantity. Will bet anyone right now Hearts will finish top six.:agree:

Hibs downfall right there. We haven't had consistency for a while, to the point that everyone waits for the post Christmas slump to come.

lyonhibs
14-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Thing is, they've treated games, all 90+ minutes of them, against the "wee teams" more professionally than us, and this, plus the respective state of the clubs pre-season explains the league table

Stewboy
14-04-2015, 09:43 PM
If the league was a 3 horse race we would have won it. It's not though and we haven't been able to beat the team in the middle of the league

Hearts have done what is needed against every other team than us and the tribute act. Don't let them defend for their life's at 0-0, kill the game early and go a few up in the first half. These teams aren't good enough to come back from 2-0

They may not be world beaters but they did what is needed in this league

SunshineOnLeith
14-04-2015, 10:18 PM
I said much the same on the match thread at the weekend, but Hearts play at near enough the same level week in, week out with remarkable consistency. It's a level that's good enough to beat 7/9 of the teams they play in this league, and good enough to beat/not lose to a sub-par Hibs or Rangers.

Hibs and Rangers are both, on top form, 'better' than Hearts, but over the course of the season we've both been incredibly inconsistent, hence the league table and the gap Hearts have built.

Unless they can improve their level to be better than merely 'good enough to beat first division teams', however, they might be in for a bit of a shock next season when this supposed stroll into the top 6 they're all expecting doesn't immediately materialise.

sh00byd00
14-04-2015, 10:38 PM
You can say what you want, but both us and Sevco have everything to play for, Hearts haven't and it's probably showing in their performances. That is why Sevco will beat them at Tynie too. Not because I think they'll lie down, but because teams that need to win games tend to win against teams that are playing glorified friendlies.

It's really no coincidence that say, the bottom clubs in the English PL for example, tend to pick up more points against those clubs situated in the middle of the table towards the end of the season. Hell, look at the SPL, both Ross County and Motherwell (albeit just for a while) have fared better recently. Both us and Sevco really need to get out of this league, Hearts don't, they've obviously achieved that already.

Hearts were better when it mattered most.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Compare the way we defended during the stramash just before Malonga 'shot' on Sunday with some of the goals we have lost this season (QoS last week?).
That's why we are so far behind. We need to find the same level of intensity now till the end of the season.

lucky
14-04-2015, 10:58 PM
The best team won the league, you can't compare records against some but not all. There level of consistency has been amazing, we let ourselves down against sides at ER where they hammered the diddy teams. The best side always wins the league

dmc1875
14-04-2015, 11:43 PM
There is no difference in the teams on paper i genuinely believe if anything we are slightly stronger.

But results don't lie, Hearts have won the league by such a margin it would be silly to say they didn't deserve it. Their consistency and ability to dismantle the lesser teams in the division and to win while not playing at there best has won them the league. Out problem was our start of the season and consistency and Rangers struggled because they had so much upheaval, turmoil and up until
McCall total diddies managing them.