PDA

View Full Version : DISCIPLINARY I Adam Eckersley (Heart of Midlothian FC) issued with notice of complain

H18sry
14-04-2015, 03:11 PM
https://twitter.com/ScottishFA/status/587994587224002560/photo/1 http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14611 :na na:

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Another one. Someone's got to get on top of these during the match at some point?!

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Is that 5 retro reds in the last few years?? McGowan, Templeton, Stevenson, Walker. Any others?? Something stinks

calumhibee1
14-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Does anyone have a list of say the last 10 derbies and the retrospective bans from each?

JimBHibees
14-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Another one. Someone's got to get on top of these during the match at some point?!

That honestly must be about 6 Yam players that have magically avoided a red card in a derby in the last few years. At least 4 or 5 of these have happened in the first half of the games with 2 or 3 games in which Hearts won. Incredible to be honest. No wonder our derby record is so bad.

H18sry
14-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Right in front of the lino and 4th official with the ref looking straight at it, specsavers have the cheek to be the sponsors too.

Paloschi
14-04-2015, 03:20 PM
On another note how ugly is Eckersley!?

JimBHibees
14-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Right in front of the lino and 4th official with the ref looking straight at it, specsavers have the cheek to be the sponsors too.

It wasnt right in front of the lino, you could see he was up the line not looking when it happened it was though very close to the 4th official and not far from the ref.

Did anyone else see Jobbie Neilson doing the imaginary yellow card action to the ref just prior to him booking Forster. Clearly saw it from where I was sitting in FF Upper.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Add to that, Blacks's elbow in the final, Griffiths free kick, Forsters header, THAT penalty outside the box etc etc. Disgrace

lyonhibs
14-04-2015, 03:28 PM
That honestly must be about 6 Yam players that have magically avoided a red card in a derby in the last few years. At least 4 or 5 of these have happened in the first half of the games with 2 or 3 games in which Hearts won. Incredible to be honest. No wonder our derby record is so bad.

I don't think our historically ***** derby record can be attributed to a couple of missed red cards.

There are several reasons why our Derby record is utter pish. This is not one of them.

On another note, GIRFUY Eckersley ya Jambo welt

JimBHibees
14-04-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't think our historically ***** derby record can be attributed to a couple of missed red cards.

There are several reasons why our Derby record is utter pish. This is not one of them.

It isnt a couple though is it.

So your saying playing against one player less from the first half wouldnt have increased our chances of winning the game in the games outlined.

givescotlandfreedom
14-04-2015, 03:34 PM
They even themselves up over the course of a season though, remember.

lyonhibs
14-04-2015, 03:37 PM
It isnt a couple though is it.

So your saying playing against one player less from the first half wouldnt have increased our chances of winning the game in the games outlined.

Well winning the games outlined would have made a relatively small dent in our historically ***** derby record, certainly not enough to elevate it from remaining at best "pish"

In the isolated games mentioned, for sure. Not sure what minute each of the incidents happened or the score at the time, but all other things being equal for sure it could have helped.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Was this due to the email from someone on here or has the compliance officer actually been doing his job??

oconnors_strip
14-04-2015, 03:56 PM
He also went to stick in head on boyle in the 74th minute on the touch line at the east stand. Linesman just ignored it

greenginger
14-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Is that 5 retro reds in the last few years?? McGowan, Templeton, Stevenson, Walker. Any others?? Something stinks

Also, you should add Ian Black in the cup final, although that should have been a retrospective jail sentence. :greengrin

bookert
14-04-2015, 04:01 PM
It wasnt right in front of the lino, you could see he was up the line not looking when it happened it was though very close to the 4th official and not far from the ref.

Did anyone else see Jobbie Neilson doing the imaginary yellow card action to the ref just prior to him booking Forster. Clearly saw it from where I was sitting in FF Upper.

Yep saw it clearly from the lower West, was kinda sickened by that, how did he think Foster was going to get out the way.

Keith_M
14-04-2015, 04:02 PM
How many times has this now happened in Derby Games in the last three seasons?

Yet another game where Hibs should have being playing against ten men but it's missed by the Referee. His suspension does not benefit Hibs in any way whatsoever.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2015, 04:05 PM

Yet another game where Hibs should have being playing against ten men but it's missed by the Referee. His suspension does not benefit Hibs in any way whatsoever.

Doesn't bother hearts either. He's being freed.

Keith_M
14-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Doesn't bother hearts either. He's being freed.

:agree:

Pretty Boy
14-04-2015, 04:09 PM
About time the referee and linesman started doing their job at the time. How many retrospective bans have they had in recent years?

The linesman was about 4 yards away from that om Sunday. If it's a red card now then it was a red card then.

Kato
14-04-2015, 04:12 PM
They even themselves up over the course of a season though, remember.

It does. Its' paranoia not see these things are all equal.

For every red card missed by a ref for a Hearts player when they are playing Hibs there is also one missed for a Rangers player when they are playing Hibs.

Even stevens.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2015, 04:12 PM

It is an absolutely shocking indictment of Scottish refereeing standards and suggests a bias, especially when you add in Griffiths and Forsters disallowed goals, Refereeing "mistakes" have given the yam plenty points and positive results.

So much of the big potentially game changing decisions in our games against the yam seem to happen this way long afterwards that I am half expecting them to get a couple of late goals today to salvage a draw.

BroxburnHibee
14-04-2015, 04:14 PM
It's happened too many times to be a coincidence.

Whole system is corrupt.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2015, 04:15 PM
How about sending one of these ****ing mutants off when it is actually relevant eh? How could the linesman not see this? What else was he looking at?

Banning this fud does no good because it will only happen again if you let the officials away with it.

Not In The Know
14-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Also, you should add Ian Black in the cup final, although that should have been a retrospective jail sentence. :greengrin

It was right in front of my seat at the final. I spat out half my pie shouting at Thomson, Black and then the rest of the Hibs team who did F-All to pressure the ref!

Still makes me mad...

superfurryhibby
14-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Not only did he nut him, the elbow was up when he clattered into him. That was a rather robust contact and the contact was elbow to body, not shoulder. The knob should have been off, no arguement.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2015, 04:24 PM
On another note how ugly is Eckersley!?

To be honest I thought Eckersley was one of the better looking yam women I have seen. Each to their own though:wink:

Argylehibby
14-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Add to that, Blacks's elbow in the final, Griffiths free kick, Forsters header, THAT penalty outside the box etc etc. Disgrace

Add in the head butt or punch some years back which was followed up less than 5 miniutes later with Brebners red card the was rescinded after the game. Or what about Yogi's red card for ruffling that french guys hair at Tynie?

It's not something new and it's time the club started to highlight these things ahead of the games. If sunday's ref had heard about a whole string of dodgy decisions in their favour being aired in the run up would he have thought twice about ignoring it and being added to the list? Nobody knows the answer but it's about time we started to test it out. The retrospective red cards help our competitors and hinder us.

hibsbollah
14-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Whatever you think of Potter, he prepares meticulously and researches his opposition. Hearts will know that they get away with assaults like this at every derby with only a retrospective punishment, and he will be instructing his team accordingly. No doubt about it.

Barney McGrew
14-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Yet another retrospective red card for a yam after a derby. And they have the cheek to throw insults at us for supposedly having a lack of class and respect.

Animals.

lord bunberry
14-04-2015, 04:52 PM
It's really starting to piss me off. The list of red cards and dodgy game changing decisions from the last few years is a joke.

Cod Boy
14-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Two game ban aint going to bother them

Iggy Pope
14-04-2015, 05:01 PM

The lino was in gobbing distance man. If he wasn't looking, what in the name of **** was he looking at?

loanheadhibby
14-04-2015, 05:13 PM
The lino was in gobbing distance man. If he wasn't looking, what in the name of **** was he looking at?

correct, and what's the point of a 4th official if he does not get involved. Surely one of the 4 officials were looking in that direction given the ball was there!

i suppose the officials will also be offered a 2 match ban for being inadequate?

Onion
14-04-2015, 05:14 PM

If this latest guy gets retrospective red card, then LD/Hibs simply MUST raise this formally with the SFA/SPFL. One is bad, two is disturbing.. but five suggests there is an agenda. These are all potentially game changing incidents which have been incorrectly missed/ignored by the officials.

The double whammy is that all these guys were subsequently banned from playing against OUR competitors, again potentially affecting our league position.

Onion
14-04-2015, 05:16 PM
It's really starting to piss me off. The list of red cards and dodgy game changing decisions from the last few years is a joke.

Actually, it's not.

DaveF
14-04-2015, 05:20 PM
If this latest guy gets retrospective red card, then LD/Hibs simply MUST raise this formally with the SFA/SPFL. One is bad, two is disturbing.. but five suggests there is an agenda. These are all potentially game changing incidents which have been incorrectly missed/ignored by the officials.

The double whammy is that all these guys were subsequently banned from playing against OUR competitors, again potentially affecting our league position.

Absolutely spot on. Could you see either of Rantic putting up with a pattern like that?

Deansy
14-04-2015, 05:22 PM

Maybe not the case years ago but in recent times, of course these 'Mistakes' have had had an effect. The fact they're now occurring on a regular basis now is bound to affect our players-mentality. They often seem reluctant to tackle in the derbies and that's probably down to the fear of getting booked THEMSELVES. Look at the free-rein Walker usually gets in these games, despite being known as a 'Diving-wee ********' - and not just from Hibs-fans, our players know that the odds of Walker getting the foul are always heavily stacked in Walker's favour !.We jut DON'T get the 'breaks' they do - no, our players get booked/red-carded there and then- when it actually matters !! If the 'mistakes' went both ways, then I'd say it doesn't have an effect - but they aren't. It's not just us fans who think some of our referees are biased/bent - think CT

lord bunberry
14-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Actually, it's not.
You're right it's not. I've never been one for conspiracy theories and I don't think these mistakes are deliberate cheating(apart from ct) but how long is this going to be allowed to continue? Is the club asking questions?

Keith_M
14-04-2015, 05:46 PM

I posted on the other thread that I'm fed up Hibs being a soft touch. We really need to start making more of a fuss about this, and publicly.

Can you imagine the state of either of the OF if one of them had been on the end of these kinds of decisions 5 times in three seasons? All it took for Celtc to bump their gums was one questionable decision at Tannadice.

I'm not suggesting anyone behaves as badly as the Lesser Greens did but we really should stop bending over and taking it.

Boyle89
14-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Was this due to the email from someone on here or has the compliance officer actually been doing his job??

I would like to think it was them doing their job....

3pm
14-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Any word yet on a notice of complaint from the fashion police for the mutants in the away end on Sunday?

Onion
14-04-2015, 07:10 PM

IMO the missed red cards send out a clear message to Hearts and set the tone for Derby matches - retaliate and foul with impunity. What a huge advantage it is to Hearts players and management going into these games knowing that they can intimidate and bully at their leisure and deal with the consequences later .. Perhaps. Add in incidents like the wonderful goal by LG that was "missed" and there's a clear pattern here that will be difficult to defend.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2015, 07:44 PM
While they're having a look into referee performances in the derby they could have a look and confirm how many Gould Gomis is allowed before it's classed as persistent. Surely the current 8 is too many?

Sir David Gray
14-04-2015, 07:51 PM
While they're having a look into referee performances in the derby they could have a look and confirm how many Gould Gomis is allowed before it's classed as persistent. Surely the current 8 is too many?

:agree: He should have been off on Sunday as well.

He committed a foul in the first half (I think) which was a blatant yellow card every single day of the week and he got away with a talking to and was then finally booked in the second half after foul number 567765436789 which should have seen him sent off.

Capt Mainwaring
14-04-2015, 08:03 PM
:agree: He should have been off on Sunday as well.

He committed a foul in the first half (I think) which was a blatant yellow card every single day of the week and he got away with a talking to and was then finally booked in the second half after foul number 567765436789 which should have seen him sent off.

Worse than that. Having been eventually booked Gomis deliberately handled the ball as Hibs broke over the half way line in the second half, only for the Ref to pull it back for a foul for Hibs for an offence seconds before that. Ref trying to say he was playing advantage - but didn't signal so Gomis would not have been aware of that

So Ref went for the easier and lower profile option!

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2015, 08:21 PM
About time the referee and linesman started doing their job at the time. How many retrospective bans have they had in recent years?

The linesman was about 4 yards away from that om Sunday. If it's a red card now then it was a red card then.

The ref was just as close.

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2015, 08:26 PM
I posted on the other thread that I'm fed up Hibs being a soft touch. We really need to start making more of a fuss about this, and publicly.

Can you imagine the state of either of the OF if one of them had been on the end of these kinds of decisions 5 times in three seasons? All it took for Celtc to bump their gums was one questionable decision at Tannadice.

I'm not suggesting anyone behaves as badly as the Lesser Greens did but we really should stop bending over and taking it.

I liked the way the players surrounded the ref as they left the field at half time . You could see the embarrassment on his face as he heading up the tunnel to a chorus of boos.

EastCalderHibby
14-04-2015, 09:14 PM

the 2 1 game at the pbs and on sunday that we dick gomes should have been off
dont get all this the ref missed this and that my arse his soul job is to lookout for fouls ect and deal with them ( appropriately ) as
persistent fouling no matter the intent of them it 's still a bookable offence
they get well paid for a couple hours work

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-04-2015, 10:18 PM
The one Gomis eventually got booked for was a shocker. There's no way the red couldn't have given him a second yellow for it, if he hadn't shat it from booking him first half

The_Sauz
14-04-2015, 10:35 PM
I hope Hearts appeal this! Not that I don't think he deserves the 2 games, but I want to see what the appeals panel do/say.
Fat Boyd Slim got away with it in the 3-1 game @ Ibrox :agree:

The_Sauz
14-04-2015, 10:45 PM
How did it take the Ref 80mins to book Pallardó, as he was just as bad as Gomis in the first half :agree:

JimBHibees
15-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Well winning the games outlined would have made a relatively small dent in our historically ***** derby record, certainly not enough to elevate it from remaining at best "pish"

In the isolated games mentioned, for sure. Not sure what minute each of the incidents happened or the score at the time, but all other things being equal for sure it could have helped.

We could do with any help we can get in derbies. :greengrin

When you put these decisions alongside the decisions by the cheat in the final, the Griffiths 2yards over the line free kick and as bad the Forster header 3 yards onside which potentially could have kept us up last season there is no getting away from it we have been soiled on from a great height in recent years in derbies. As someone else says something stinks and personally do not believe it is a coincidence.

JimBHibees
15-04-2015, 06:09 AM
I liked the way the players surrounded the ref as they left the field at half time . You could see the embarrassment on his face as he heading up the tunnel to a chorus of boos.

I would be amazed if it was embarrassment.

JimBHibees
15-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Yep saw it clearly from the lower West, was kinda sickened by that, how did he think Foster was going to get out the way.

Poor thing to see to be honest. That is the sort of thing the young Mourinho should be getting pulled up for. Wonder if Stubbs would have got away with doing that. Just saying :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-04-2015, 06:14 AM

If you look at the footage you can clearly see he was looking elsewhere.

Disc O'Dave
15-04-2015, 07:07 AM
The one Gomis eventually got booked for was a shocker. There's no way the red couldn't have given him a second yellow for it, if he hadn't shat it from booking him first half

The ref also did the "pointing at several places" routine suggesting the yellow was for persistent fouling - whereas that was a yellow card challenge on it's own....

andrew70
15-04-2015, 07:58 AM
correct, and what's the point of a 4th official if he does not get involved. Surely one of the 4 officials were looking in that direction given the ball was there!

i suppose the officials will also be offered a 2 match ban for being inadequate?

Malonga was sent off at Alloa, IIRC, on the say so of the 4th official. He was only there as it was a Scottish Cup match.

Only televised matches have them in the Championship I believe. Either way Eckersley should have been sent off on Sunday.

EH54
15-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Anyone got a video of this i seemed to have missed it at the game? and didn't see anything on the highlights?

Jim44
15-04-2015, 08:10 AM
I wonder if some referees chicken out of or consciously avoid taking action thinking that it will be forgotten about or dealt with by the compliance officer later. This could be overcome by having a rule where referees are heavily penalised when the compliance officer has to intervene in three of his matches. That would keep them on their toes.

Judas Iscariot
15-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Too many "missed" red cards, goals (Sparky's free kick) wrong calls (Forsters offside at PBS) been given against us in the last few years for this to be just bad luck...

Nae idea why but the SFA/Media/Etc seem to love these beasty theiving tramps...

Last Minute
15-04-2015, 09:37 AM
I would like to think it was them doing their job....

I sent a letter and the Video. hope it brought it to his attention.:greengrin

Mikey09
15-04-2015, 09:41 AM
The two worst examples of complete incompetence with officials in the derby have to be Sparky's "goal" at Easter Road - quite incredible with the explanation's given by the assistant. He is quite clearly seen mouthing in his microphone to the ref that he didn't see it. Then as the players are heading off the park he is seen telling ,McPake I think, that it had not crossed the line.... Now how do you know it hadn't crossed the line if you didn't see it??
Second for me is Ryan Stevenson's two footed assault on McPake at the PBS.... Disgusting leg breaker of a challenge.... Collum - No foul and gives a throw in!!!

hibbymac
15-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Hertz rejecting the offer.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-fight-adam-eckersley-ban-for-head-butt-1-3744329

15-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Hearts set to appeal apparently

Keith_M
15-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Hearts set to appeal apparently

Hearts appealing?

Surely not.

:wink:

pedroorange1875
15-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Hearts appeal....hope that's not some kind of charity with their record

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:29 AM
And their argument will be Boyd won his appeal.

The Gorf
15-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Grant Stott on Forth one says Hearts have decided not to appeal.

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Grant Stott on Forth one says Hearts have decided not to appeal.

So they're not appealing?

Judas Iscariot
15-04-2015, 12:42 PM
So they're not appealing?

They've never ever been appealing.

Stinking morts to a man

IrnBru22
15-04-2015, 12:44 PM
What would be the point in them appealing, waste of £1000 imo. Theyve already won the league and Eckersly is offski at the end of the season

Winston Ingram
15-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Why would they appeal? Appeals cost a couple of grand, they're games to the end of the season are meaningless and he's leaving. If they had any sense they'd fine him for being such an arse:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2015, 12:45 PM
why on earth are they appealing when the grunt is away at the end of the season...how bizarre

Mathias Jack
15-04-2015, 02:11 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14619

Two match ban officially accepted...

brog
15-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Like everyone else I'm appalled at the nonsensical decisions favouring Yams against us in recent times, from Black's assault & the non pen in that game to Sunday's fiasco. I think however the failure to book Gomis in the first half on Sunday for a shocking tackle from behind was far worse than Clancy's myopia re Wee Eck! Having said that, in retrospect I'm glad we gubbed them with all 11 players remaining on the park, no excuses allowed.
PS, can you imagine the conversation at the PBS - Capt Caveman, I think we need to appeal on principle! Budgie, are you aff yer !!!!!! heid! £1,000 for that welt!

allezsauzee
15-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Like everyone else I'm appalled at the nonsensical decisions favouring Yams against us in recent times, from Black's assault & the non pen in that game to Sunday's fiasco. I think however the failure to book Gomis in the first half on Sunday for a shocking tackle from behind was far worse than Clancy's myopia re Wee Eck! Having said that, in retrospect I'm glad we gubbed them with all 11 players remaining on the park, no excuses allowed.
PS, can you imagine the conversation at the PBS - Capt Caveman, I think we need to appeal on principle! Budgie, are you aff yer !!!!!! heid! £1,000 for that welt!

How many times has this happened in the last couple of seasons where thy have got away with an assault on our players and then had retrospective action taken? In most places of work, if there was a obvious trend of similar mistakes being made time after time concerns would be raised, probably resulting in a investigation or study of what was causing this and some sort of action to ensure that this was rectified. Not with the Scottish football authorities though!

Future17
15-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Why does the BBC article about Eckersley accepting the ban contain highlights of the game which don't include the incident he's been banned for? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2015, 06:55 PM
I would've been even more annoyed if the retrospective ban included the the Rangers game.

Bostonhibby
15-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Hearts appealing?

Surely not.

:wink:
It's okay, they meant appalling[emoji6]