PDA

View Full Version : Ann Budge. Local hero award. WTF

silverhibee
14-04-2015, 12:17 PM
This has to be a f***ing joke surely, the next thing we no she will be getting Knighted by the Queen for saving the club that won a war.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/local-hero-awards-ann-budge-nominated-1-3743966

Leithenhibby
14-04-2015, 12:38 PM
This has to be a f***ing joke surely, the next thing we no she will be getting Knighted by the Queen for saving the club that won a war.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/local-hero-awards-ann-budge-nominated-1-3743966

She won't get it, never in a month of Sunday's.... :wink:

Geo_1875
14-04-2015, 12:39 PM
She won't get it, never in a month of Sunday's.... :wink:

Is it a public vote or a committee decision?

Leithenhibby
14-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Is it a public vote or a committee decision?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/localheroawards/

Fill your boots :wink:

Pretty Boy
14-04-2015, 12:49 PM
We should come together and nominate and have a collective campaign to vote for Lewis Stevenson.

In fact scrap that we should all vote for the guy who runs a football team for disabled kids. He deserves it.

Scorrie
14-04-2015, 12:53 PM
If she gets the award does she get a Guard of Honour?

Leithenhibby
14-04-2015, 12:53 PM
We should come together and nominate and have a collective campaign to vote for Lewis Stevenson.

In fact scrap that we should all vote for the guy who runs a football team for diabled kids. He deserves it.

Now, someone like that has the credentials for such an award :agree:

I'm wondering who nominated her, full address, contact number required........ :cb

EDIT - Perhaps AB falls into the category - Neighbour of the year :greengrin

bod
14-04-2015, 01:01 PM
funny how it didn't say which puddle drinker nominated budge

SaulGoodman
14-04-2015, 01:04 PM
"For putting the Heart back into Tynecastle"

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Nothing to see here ... some daft Yam has bought into the Yams current charm offensive strategy and nominated his heroine for the award.

The good thing is that with Budgies name at the top of the article folk might read the whole thing and vote for the guy who runs the disabled football team, he sounds like a top bloke http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

JimBHibees
14-04-2015, 01:52 PM
The wording on the webpage outlines these awards are for unsung heroes, in what parallel universe could Ann Budge ever be viewed as unsung.

Geo_1875
14-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Nothing to see here ... some daft Yam has bought into the Yams current charm offensive strategy and nominated his heroine for the award.

The good thing is that with Budgies name at the top of the article folk might read the whole thing and vote for the guy who runs the disabled football team, he sounds like a top bloke http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

As it's the Evening News Awards and has only just been launched I imagine BAnderson will be the prime suspect for her nomination.

Leithenhibby
14-04-2015, 02:07 PM

As it's the Evening News Awards and has only just been launched I imagine BAnderson will be the prime suspect for her nomination.

Truth be told, I'm sure she will be mortified at such a nomination. The people out there that work in our, Hospices, Hospitals and carers from all walks of life are more worthy of such awards. IMO :wink:

JimBHibees
14-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Truth be told, I'm sure she will be mortified at such a nomination. The people out there that work in our, Hospices, Hospitals and carers from all walks of life are more worthy of such awards. IMO :wink:

I think you are right.

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2015, 02:31 PM
So mortified that she will ask the Evening Jambo to take her off this list? 'No such thing as bad publicity' could be a Hertz motto.

givescotlandfreedom
14-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Services to the hearing impaired for hearing Celtc fans spout poison but failing to notice the gunts being 'up to their knees in fenian blood' when celebrating their draw at ER.

jdships
14-04-2015, 03:37 PM
In all honesty kinda devalues the award as she has done this at NO risk to herself whatsoever or fortune !! :confused::rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
14-04-2015, 04:42 PM

They've got short memories the yam have - they have got the criteria all wrong - they are where they are today because of their love for Mr Romanov - the nomination process is pretty simple so I have gone in and nominated him on that basis - not holding out much hope of victory though.

Might nominate the finance officer of Edinburgh City Council next, or how about the Bursar at Heriot Watt? but a few of the heroes who helped the Yam out by forgetting to collect money.

If you can think of anyone else who kept them going so long, get in there. Every one is a potential hero in yamland.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-04-2015, 06:06 PM
So.

On the one hand we have a wealthy old dowager who stepped in and started paying a fair wage at the hertz due to a sense of embarrassment or guilt after years of shady dealings, and on the other we have a lad who gives up his spare time to help special needs kids. I’ll be voting for the good lad.

Carheenlea
14-04-2015, 06:08 PM

Doubt it. Hearts people by nature have delusions of grandeur, and this will be considered to be a thoroughly well deserved nomination. If she wins, expect an open top bus parade through Gorgie and civic reception to show off the gong.

The_Horde
14-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Let me get this straight. They're putting budge up for an award for helping bail out a club who inflicted their demise on themselves (bumping charities, other clubs, Lithuanian tax payers and other businesses).. and her competition is a guy who has voluntarily taken time out of his life to run a special needs football club.

Hearts class.

Kato
14-04-2015, 08:41 PM
They should build a statue to Ol' Budgie, erect it right next to the one they put up for Romanov.

...then give her a Bafta....
...oscar....
...Nobel Prize...
....Booker Prize...
...Turner Prize....
...guard of honour...
..fly past by the red arrows.....
...21 gun salute..

...in fact it's a disgrace that someone of Romanov's standing hasn't been given any of these already - I mean Budge...

Statue. Now.

Judas Iscariot
14-04-2015, 08:43 PM
She's a boot

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2015, 08:45 PM
She's a boot

:faf:

mca
14-04-2015, 09:14 PM
So once word hits all the yams will - They will vote for her..

Not Voted Yet and wondered Who are we all voting for..