PDA

View Full Version : Keatings..

Mikey09
14-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Right. Probably get pelters for posting this but don't give a ****. What I've seen of him, not much granted, he looks a very decent striker. Clever wee player with an eye for goal, (11 in 18) is decent. Kind of striker in my opinion who would thrive in front of Allan, Fyvie etc. To me it confirms Levein is in charge of them and Keatings doesn't fit into his "big striker type" and will leave. He wouldn't command a transfer fee which is always a bonus. If we look past the fact who he plays for, say he was at Dundee Utd, then it would be a no brainier. Anyway..... :tin hat:

Hermit Crab
14-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Right. Probably get pelters for posting this but don't give a ****. What I've seen of him, not much granted, he looks a very decent striker. Clever wee player with an eye for goal, (11 in 18) is decent. Kind of striker in my opinion who would thrive in front of Allan, Fyvie etc. To me it confirms Levein is in charge of them and Keatings doesn't fit into his "big striker type" and will leave. He wouldn't command a transfer fee which is always a bonus. If we look past the fact who he plays for, say he was at Dundee Utd, then it would be a no brainier. Anyway..... :tin hat:

If he can't get into the Brazilian hearts stars team then we shouldn't be wanting him! If he was that good would accies have let him go?

Salt N Sauzee
14-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I'd take him. Didn't take Jase too long to convert to the good side did it?

:giruy2:

easty
14-04-2015, 10:30 AM

Not for me it wouldn't. Goal scoring record is decent, but its all at Championship level. Zeefuik has a good record at this level, he's absolute tatties.

I only see Keatings when he plays against Hibs, and I've no been impressed by him against us.

Baader
14-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Decent looking striker I'd say who will suffer from Pep Levein's liking for playing hammer throwers - or preferably no-one - up front...

Scooter
14-04-2015, 10:39 AM
hes their top scorer

Andy74
14-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Can anyone translate?

Hermit Crab
14-04-2015, 10:47 AM
How would no fee be involved?

Mikey09
14-04-2015, 11:02 AM
If he can't get into the Brazilian hearts stars team then we shouldn't be wanting him! If he was that good would accies have let him go?

Accies offered red him a new deal. They didn't want him to go.

Can anyone translate?[/QUOTE

Eh??

[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;4347659]How would no fee be involved?

Told he's free to leave.

Stevie Reid
14-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Are they letting him go? Really surprised at that, looks a good player and has a great scoring record. Would definitely take him.

BH Hibs
14-04-2015, 11:11 AM
So he's a bit like Cummings but not as good? Think he'd be fourth choice at best so no thanks from me.

IanM
14-04-2015, 11:15 AM
The Jambo's in my work are saying he's the most overrated player they have and toiled to cut the mustard in the championship so won't be good enough for the prem.

haven't watched him myself, if Stubbs brings him in/trial then fair enough

My_Wife_Camille
14-04-2015, 11:16 AM
If we stay down then he might be a decent option. If we go up then no chane

Waxy
14-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Didnt he have a good record with Hamilton?

Del Boy
14-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Agree if we stay down might be worth looking at but don't think he'd cut it in premier league

allezsauzee
14-04-2015, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't imagine we'll be signing anyone until we know which division we are playing in. Hearts have the advantage of knowing this well in advance and are already starting to plan. Keatings has proven himself a decent Championship striker but certainly not as good as Farid or Jason.

Aldo
14-04-2015, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't imagine we'll be signing anyone until we know which division we are playing in. Hearts have the advantage of knowing this well in advance and are already starting to plan. Keatings has proven himself a decent Championship striker but certainly not as good as Farid or Jason.

Agree to an extent but if we win on Sat we will have money not expected and as others have alluded I am sure it'll be used to either extent and/or offer new contracts.

Dan Sarf
14-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Decent looking striker I'd say who will suffer from Pep Levein's liking for playing hammer throwers - or preferably no-one - up front...

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
14-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't mind taking Keatings and Eckersley off them in the summer.

Aldo
14-04-2015, 11:42 AM

Ha. This made me laugh Stevie!! :-)

Geo_1875
14-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Maybe if Wee Tam needs a hand fetching and carrying but I wouldn't have either anywhere near the first team.

SteveHFC
14-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Ha. This made me laugh Stevie!! :-)

:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Hearts fans seem to be pissed off with this. Which is pleasing

Deansy
14-04-2015, 04:19 PM

But also the disadvantage of Neilson being their FIRST manager since 1980 who'll have to look at players they CAN actually afford AND are of a more realistic Jambo-standard - due to them being cruelly forced to 'Playing within their means' !!. And it's not as if he (Neilson) can turn to their last manger who played/stuck to a budget for his advice on how he dealt with it as, sadly, Willie Ormond passed-away in 1984. Basically, for all concerned at the PBS - they're going into un-charted territory.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-04-2015, 04:22 PM
They're skint and it shows here with dumping this guy and Eckersley, they can't afford the wages anymore..

Tick tock anyone?....

Dashing Bob S
14-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Hearts are pish. Very lucky both us and the Huns were in that division in disarray, and they got a great start and built a head of steam. Will have to buy to consolidate in the Premiership, even with all the dross in the bottom six.

Hibee_Craig7062
14-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Accies offered red him a new deal. They didn't want him to go.
[QUOTE=Andy74;4347658]Can anyone translate?[/QUOTE

Eh??

Told he's free to leave.

Told he's free to leave not leave for free.... think the yams will want something for him as he still has a year left on his contract...nominal fee no more id presume

Pretty Boy
14-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I'd take him.

Decent squad player imo. Goalscoring record is good and Hearts fans seem a bit mystified that he's not playing more often and been told he can leave.

Pretty Boy
14-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Can anyone translate?

Seems easy enough to read to me.

It's a football forum, not an English exam.

lord bunberry
14-04-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't want any of that mobs players. If he's not good enough for them he's not good enough for us.

scoopyboy
14-04-2015, 06:18 PM
I don't want any of that mobs players. If he's not good enough for them he's not good enough for us.

Try Jason Cummings for your theory.

lord bunberry
14-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Try Jason Cummings for your theory.

Cummings never played for hearts, he was released because he was injured. They tried to re sign him when he was fit again. Completely different to Keatings

scoopyboy
14-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Cummings never played for hearts, he was released because he was injured. They tried to re sign him when he was fit again. Completely different to Keatings

I think you're trying to wriggle out of it as you forgot about Jason. :greengrin

If they got it wrong with him they might get it wrong about Keatings or others.

lord bunberry
14-04-2015, 06:36 PM
I think you're trying to wriggle out of it as you forgot about Jason. :greengrin

If they got it wrong with him they might get it wrong about Keatings or others.

When I was writing my previous post I was thinking about Cummings. My point was more that Keating's has had his chance and been deemed not good enough, which doesn't really apply in Cummings case. He's been down the pecking order behind the fattest football player I've ever seen. Maybe hearts have got it wrong with him but I doubt it.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Can anyone translate?

What language would you like it in?

bingo70
14-04-2015, 06:47 PM
When I was writing my previous post I was thinking about Cummings. My point was more that Keating's has had his chance and been deemed not good enough, which doesn't really apply in Cummings case. He's been down the pecking order behind the fattest football player I've ever seen. Maybe hearts have got it wrong with him but I doubt it.

Tbf hearts have used big battering rams as their strikers this season, not pleasing on the eye but looking at it objectively it's hard to say they got it wrong. Jambos I know think that zeefuik is absolutely dreadful and they think keatings has done well when he's had the chance.

Also worth remembering he had a cracking scoring record for Hamilton as well.

That said it's a bit of a pointless debate as we'll no be signing him.

scoopyboy
14-04-2015, 07:07 PM

I've never been impressed by him to be honest but his goals to games ratio is outstanding and I think he's still quite young.

Silver Fox
14-04-2015, 08:34 PM
I've never been impressed by him to be honest but his goals to games ratio is outstanding and I think he's still quite young.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Keatings

Pretty Boy
14-04-2015, 08:39 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Keatings

24 goals in 56 games in the last 2 seasons is a pretty decent return.

eastmainsmsh
14-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Decent scoring record I'd rather have eckersley

Boyle89
14-04-2015, 09:21 PM
I think he's pish...don't think he would add anything we don't alredy have.

Capt Mainwaring
14-04-2015, 10:17 PM
I think keatings is a very decent players and would be happy to have him in our squad.

I also think the fella must be greatly peeved at not being played by Hearts in favour of that fat lump Zeefuik. Have never seen a more embarrassing state for a professional footballer and Keatings must feel poorly appreciated by Neilson if he thinks that fat immobile lump is a better option than him!

Andy Bee
14-04-2015, 10:22 PM

So Duthie could throw darts at them in his free time? I'm all for it.

lucky
14-04-2015, 10:23 PM

Said something similar on Sunday just don't understand why he can't get a game

HOOF

Speedy
14-04-2015, 11:20 PM
24 goals in 56 games in the last 2 seasons is a pretty decent return.

It's not great consider he's played in the Championship for one of the better teams.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Can he caress a ball like cummings?

silverhibee
14-04-2015, 11:22 PM
What language would you like it in?

Mandarin

ekhibee
15-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Keatings and Eckersley are both good players IMO and would add something to the squad, but TBH I can't see us getting Eckersley. Then I suppose I would be comparing Keatings with Malonga, not Cummings. A couple of months ago I would have said Malonga definitely, but since then he's been pretty average.