PDA

View Full Version : Parking on Saturday

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm not yet sure if I'll drive on Saturday, or train it.

Does anyone have more of a scoobie than me about the parking restrictions? I seem to remember they ripped my knitting 2 years ago.

I'm particularly thinking of King's Park Avenue, which is where I always used to park. Are the restrictions in force there? If so, how far along do they go?

Cheers in advance.

Edit:- This is from the official site, but it doesn't really answer my specific question.

Designated Parking on EAST SIDE of Stadium only for Hibernian supporters:

Hibernian supporters attending in private vehicles should follow the directions given for Hibernian supporter’s coaches above, and utilise on street parking where available to the East of the stadium.

Parking is controlled by a temporary traffic regulation order (coned areas). On street parking should only be utilised out with restricted areas as a tow-away scheme is in operation for illegally parked vehicles. As a result, there is limited parking available in the vicinity of the stadium; supporters are encouraged to travel via train where possible. Hibernian supporters using rail services should travel via Kings Park station.

Moulin Yarns
14-04-2015, 09:20 AM
On street parking around Holyrood school is usually possible. I have parked there in the past, getting out into the flow of traffic can be slow.

I'm looking to train it as I can get a lift home.

RIP
14-04-2015, 09:40 AM
It's no the parking but the queues at the end that lengthen the day.

From Perth I go A9 and M74. Park and ride at Newton. Wee train to Kings Park. Skoosh

Keith_M
14-04-2015, 10:27 AM
As others have said, parking near the ground is a nightmare. Much better using public transport, even if it's just for the final stretch of the journey.

Uddingston is a Park-and-Ride station, so has a fair few parking spaces and is just off the M74

seanshow
14-04-2015, 11:19 AM
what about the hypermarché just doon the road is that regulated for footie fans?

Billy Whizz
14-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Ok to park on the main rd at kings park. They have restrictions in place in the streets near the ground, keep driving back until you find an area that's not restricted. There's also a car park behind the east stand

Beefster
14-04-2015, 11:37 AM
I normally just knock at someone's door and, if they are out, park in their driveway.

Aldo
14-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Don't forget your 2 bobs to give to the weans to watch yur car?? ;-)

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Ok to park on the main rd at kings park. They have restrictions in place in the streets near the ground, keep driving back until you find an area that's not restricted. There's also a car park behind the east stand

Cheers for that.

Think I'll go the night before to make sure I have a space :greengrin

LancashireHibby
14-04-2015, 12:11 PM
We parked near the Beechwood without a problem last time we were there. Only problem was it took us half an hour to find the street again after the game!

Billy Whizz
14-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Cheers for that.

Think I'll go the night before to make sure I have a space :greengrin

You can also park in the roads opposite the station, as its outside the zone

greenginger
14-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I like to park around Kings Park station as well.

I leave the M8 at Bellshill, take the A725 to East Kilbride then follow the Paisley signs and turn off at the B766 signed for Castlemilk. Straight road down to Kings Park.

Good for quick get-a-ways too !

Moulin Yarns
14-04-2015, 01:06 PM
It's no the parking but the queues at the end that lengthen the day.

From Perth I go A9 and M74. Park and ride at Newton. Wee train to Kings Park. Skoosh

Early Train down, breakfast in the town, train to mount Florida or Kings Park, and a lfit home for me (brother is going north :wink: )

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2015, 02:20 PM
The last few times I've parked up at the houses next to toryglen.

MB62
17-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Designated Parking on EAST SIDE of Stadium only for Hibernian supporters:

Hibernian supporters attending in private vehicles should follow the directions given for Hibernian supporter’s coaches above, and utilise on street parking where available to the East of the stadium.

Parking is controlled by a temporary traffic regulation order (coned areas). On street parking should only be utilised out with restricted areas as a tow-away scheme is in operation for illegally parked vehicles. As a result, there is limited parking available in the vicinity of the stadium; supporters are encouraged to travel via train where possible. Hibernian supporters using rail services should travel via Kings Park station.

And this is another reason why Dumpden should be bulldozed and re-built in a purpose built stadium WITH parking facilities as part of it.

RickyS
17-04-2015, 11:10 AM
here is a map of the red zone for anyone driving by car

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=3703&p=0

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2015, 02:11 PM
here is a map of the red zone for anyone driving by car

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=3703&p=0

Thanks for that, mate.

That's really helpful :)

Andy Bee
17-04-2015, 02:49 PM
I used https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/glasgow/hampden-park/ to grab a spot.

Pete
17-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I normally just knock at someone's door and, if they are out, park in their driveway.

I don't bother knocking. I just park in the first driveway I see.

HibbySpurs
17-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Normaly get parked somewhere up Curtis Avenue.

Think the ASDA car park at Toryglen they stick penalty notices on your car but they are pretty much unenforcable by law so if you go that route just hoi the charge notice in the bin and ignore the letters afterwards :greengrin:greengrin

MoscowHibs
18-04-2015, 06:53 AM
I used https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/glasgow/hampden-park/ to grab a spot.

Aye, I just did the same. 2 minutes walk to stadium, perfect for my auld legs. Still some spaces going should anyone still needing parking.