PDA

View Full Version : Playoff place confirmed

Diclonius
13-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed this yesterday but we're now guaranteed at least 4th place as Falkirk can no longer catch us. :aok:

Dinkydoo
13-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Did I hear correctly that St Mirren are guaranteed to finish in the bottom two of the SPL now too?

Cropley10
13-04-2015, 09:59 PM
And Rangers are also guaranteed to play in the final v Team 11 from the Prem. That is if you listen to Sportsound.

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Did I hear correctly that St Mirren are guaranteed to finish in the bottom two of the SPL now too?

yep, even if they win all 5 post-split games they would still end up a point behind Ross Co, 11th is as high as they can go

greenginger
13-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Any chance of Hamilton dropping to 11th place, don't really think Motherwell or Ross County would be easily beat in a play off.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2015, 10:50 PM
Any chance of Hamilton dropping to 11th place, don't really think Motherwell or Ross County would be easily beat in a play off.

Almost impossible.

Motherwell are 12 points behind them with 15 points left to play for.

The play off final is likely to be against Motherwell.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Almost impossible.

Motherwell are 12 points behind them with 15 points left to play for.

The play off final is likely to be against Motherwell.

Is Kilmarnock nearly impossible too?

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-04-2015, 11:00 PM
St Mirren are utterly rotten. Should have backed myself. Said the day they sacked Lennon and replaced him with Craig that they would go down. The fact they signed Caldwell to lead their line only confirmed my view. Absolute stick on. Think Motherwell are an absolute cert for 11th. They will be papping themselves. Terrible season to finish 11th with us or The Rangers to face(probably). What a fall from grace. 2nd, 2nd, 11th. Mental. Makes ours look like a gentle slide

portycabbage
14-04-2015, 12:29 AM
St Mirren are utterly rotten. Should have backed myself. Said the day they sacked Lennon and replaced him with Craig that they would go down. The fact they signed Caldwell to lead their line only confirmed my view. Absolute stick on. Think Motherwell are an absolute cert for 11th. They will be papping themselves. Terrible season to finish 11th with us or The Rangers to face(probably). What a fall from grace. 2nd, 2nd, 11th. Mental. Makes ours look like a gentle slide

Motherwell have been getting a few wins lately, I think Partick or Killie will be 11th if that continues. Still possible for any bottom 6 team - barring St mirren - to finish 11th, but the teams in form are the lower placed of those 5, like Motherwell and RC.

Just_Jimmy
14-04-2015, 02:09 AM
It doesn't matter who we play, hopefully they are on a 4/5 game losing streak and we can rattle a few games off to go with momentum. Fill ER and whatever happens leave it all out there. Play like we did at the weekend and we can take anyone on.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2015, 05:26 AM
Is Kilmarnock nearly impossible too?

Not impossible just unlikely. Another win will probably see them safe.

squire
14-04-2015, 06:40 AM
Another win will probably see them safe.

Said Terry Butcher!

DH1875
14-04-2015, 07:06 AM
So do we all think it'll be motherwell then?
I hope its Killie. Nothing against them but would just rather play them instead of motherwell or RC. Would also rather have them in the 1st division next year IF we don't make it.

oneone73
14-04-2015, 07:34 AM
So do we all think it'll be motherwell then?
I hope its Killie. Nothing against them but would just rather play them instead of motherwell or RC. Would also rather have them in the 1st division next year IF we don't make it.

Another plastic pitch though. I'd rather be playing the big games on grass.

Sammy7nil
14-04-2015, 11:28 AM
I would love it to be Killie they have very few supporters the atmosphere at Killie would be made by Hibs fans not the home fans. They would be on a terrible run and wee Gary Locke would not like playing the Hibs. Unfortunately Motherwell look nailed on for 11th and with Scott McDonald and Pearson they will be very difficult to beat.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2015, 11:31 AM
I would love it to be Killie they have very few supporters the atmosphere at Killie would be made by Hibs fans not the home fans. They would be on a terrible run and wee Gary Locke would not like playing the Hibs. Unfortunately Motherwell look nailed on for 11th and with Scott McDonald and Pearson they will be very difficult to beat.
Killie out us into the play off last year, with Boyd's goal at ER in the last game of the season. Would be sweet revenge

LancashireHibby
14-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Said Terry Butcher!

Funnily enough I had this very conversation with a mate last night who supports Killie. He lapped it up when we were on our way back from the game last season that put us in the play offs and he's getting very nervy that we'll get our revenge.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2015, 12:29 PM
And Rangers are also guaranteed to play in the final v Team 11 from the Prem. That is if you listen to Sportsound.

Last Wednesday, all 3 pundits said that it would be Hibs, and that we would go up.

GreenArmyyy!
14-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I fancy us to skelp anybody in the bottom six over two legs. It's the championship teams that worry me more.

JimBHibees
14-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Wednesday, all 3 pundits said that it would be Hibs, and that we would go up.

Personally think they are just trying to take any pressure off Rangers.

Geo_1875
14-04-2015, 02:41 PM

I imagine that they, especially Preston, would be happy to be proved wrong.

Bronson
14-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Not impossible just unlikely. Another win will probably see them safe.

I've heard that before...

ScottB
14-04-2015, 09:12 PM
County are in a real run of form, so I'd rather avoid them. Ideally we want a team that has slumped and been beaten mentally before the game even starts...

Sir David Gray
14-04-2015, 10:02 PM
County are in a real run of form, so I'd rather avoid them. Ideally we want a team that has slumped and been beaten mentally before the game even starts...

I highly doubt that it will be Ross County.

It will probably be Motherwell that will finish 11th, although I wouldn't discount Kilmarnock either as they've lost their last three matches and are playing away at Parkhead tomorrow night which will probably mean a fourth straight loss.

They're only 7 points clear of Motherwell just now.

andrew70
14-04-2015, 10:35 PM
I highly doubt that it will be Ross County.

It will probably be Motherwell that will finish 11th, although I wouldn't discount Kilmarnock either as they've lost their last three matches and are playing away at Parkhead tomorrow night which will probably mean a fourth straight loss.

They're only 7 points clear of Motherwell just now.

Would absolutely love to relegate Gary Locke.