PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU going to start backing the club again in its time of need?

hibs0666
13-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Kudos to the support that pitched up yesterday, and it was great to be rewarded with a fantastic team performance full of invention, bottle and will-to-win.

There are 5,000 or so good c!"£s that have decided to withdraw their support this season, and who could really blame them? However the past is in the past and we are now at the business end of what could turn out to be an excellent and memorable season.

To those 5,000 good c!"£s - every game is now critical, and your support might just be the thing that gets us over the finishing line. Can we expect to see you guys return to the trenches for the battles ahead? :flag:

Keith_M
13-04-2015, 11:23 AM
:timebomb:

Ronniekirk
13-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Kudos to the support that pitched up yesterday, and it was great to be rewarded with a fantastic team performance full of invention, bottle and will-to-win.

There are 5,000 or so good c!"£s that have decided to withdraw their support this season, and who could really blame them? However the past is in the past and we are now at the business end of what could turn out to be an excellent and memorable season.

To those 5,000 good c!"£s - every game is now critical, and your support might just be the thing that gets us over the finishing line. Can we expect to see you guys return to the trenches for the battles ahead? :flag:
Think we all know we will get decent turn out for the Semi Win that and I would expect our next home crowd to go back over 10 000 but it's clear we have lost part of our core support .The first home game in the play offs will tell us if we can get back up to 14 or 15 thousand for important games

Beefster
13-04-2015, 11:29 AM
14 pages.

jacomo
13-04-2015, 11:30 AM
14 pages.

I'll turn up more often if people don't criticise my flag.

madhatter
13-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Think we all know we will get decent turn out for the Semi Win that and I would expect our next home crowd to go back over 10 000 but it's clear we have lost part of our core support .The first home game in the play offs will tell us if we can get back up to 14 or 15 thousand for important games

Thing I can't understand is the turnout we got in the dark days of Butcher...why so many then when we were good bets to lose every match? Why so little now when we've got a much better team (not final product yet but on the way) and chance of promotion and SC final? Hanlon and Fontaine has been the best CB partnership I can remember us having for years for example.

Baffles me.

Jones28
13-04-2015, 11:32 AM
I'll turn up more often if people don't criticise my flag.

And I'll sing what I want thank you very much

inglisavhibs
13-04-2015, 11:36 AM

I quite liked the support that attendedyesterday. As always it's the players performance that lifts the crowd and gives the place atmosphere. One end was a bit quiet though.:greengrin

green day
13-04-2015, 11:40 AM

Yep, I am one of those "good c!"£s" who used to have a season ticket and fell out of the habit.

I feel a corner is being turned - even if we dont get promotion, so -

Have been attending a few games this year, have tickets for the semi, and have already bought a a season ticket for next year - then persuaded my son and dad to get one too.

Small steps, but thats 3 more bodies in the ground every home game next year.

GGTH

hibs0666
13-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Yep, I am one of those "good c!"£s" who used to have a season ticket and fell out of the habit.

I feel a corner is being turned - even if we dont get promotion, so -

Have been attending a few games this year, have tickets for the semi, and have already bought a a season ticket for next year - then persuaded my son and dad to get one too.

Small steps, but thats 3 more bodies in the ground every home game next year.

GGTH

Great to hear it mate. Enjoy the ride! :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
13-04-2015, 11:44 AM

It's almost certainly not the case that fans "decided to withdraw their support this season" and I'm sure you could entice many of them back should you be good enough to provide them with the necessary finance.

:whistle:

WeeRussell
13-04-2015, 11:50 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Travis-Bickle-Saying-You-Talking-To-Me-Taxi-Driver.gif

hibs0666
13-04-2015, 11:53 AM
It's almost certainly not the case that fans "decided to withdraw their support this season" and I'm sure you could entice many of them back should you be good enough to provide them with the necessary finance.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to argue that I am somehow central to the return of the 5,000 good c!"£s. We all have choices to make with our spare cash and I prioritise Hibs over other things for that spare cash. I guess the 5,000 good c!"£s will have to make a similar choice.

13-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Its the business end of the season and we are right in the thick of it. On saturday we are back at hampden in a bid to take ourselves to to another SC final and the fight for promotion is well and truly on. The boys need our support more than ever. Hopefully yesterdays results will shift a few more tickets for saturday.

If you CAN go then DO go! :flag:

Ozyhibby
13-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Thing I can't understand is the turnout we got in the dark days of Butcher...why so many then when we were good bets to lose every match? Why so little now when we've got a much better team (not final product yet but on the way) and chance of promotion and SC final? Hanlon and Fontaine has been the best CB partnership I can remember us having for years for example.

Baffles me.

At the end of it all, over the summer, some people made the decision enough is enough?

The only way to get them back is to deliver days like yesterday on a consistent basis and prove to people that the club values winning games above all else. Only results can do this. All the PR in the world won't work unless we show a will to win at all costs that we have not previously done in my time supporting the club.

DH1875
13-04-2015, 04:10 PM
What are the playoff dates? If we make the cup final could we not be looking at something like 7 games within a 2 weeks spell? I'm not sure my finances will stretch that far, especially if we make the final and I manage to get a ticket.

Nutmegged
13-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Just mentioned this on the Crowd thread but if you swapped Rangers and Hearts in the League then Easter Road would have been packed out yesterday

Bostonhibby
13-04-2015, 04:33 PM
I'll go if every one else does.

Seriously was there Sunday - there's a lot of football to be played but its a different world following Hibs now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Seriously was there Sunday - there's a lot of football to be played but its a different world following Hibs now.

Who were we playing?

Thecat23
13-04-2015, 04:36 PM
I'll go if every one else does.

You must have thought it was really quiet if you were there Saturday 

Bostonhibby
13-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Who were we playing?

You must have thought it was really quiet if you were there Saturday 
Confused[emoji1] had a bit to drink but yesterday was Sunday and we did beat the poppy thieves yesterday,right? Please say it's true.

Dashing Bob S
13-04-2015, 04:48 PM

When Petrie goes, I'll be back. Not a second before. He drove me out.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Was it in the Porsche?

flash
13-04-2015, 04:51 PM

He gave you a lift home and that's how you thank him. Unbelievable.

Thecat23
13-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Confused[emoji1] had a bit to drink but yesterday was Sunday and we did beat the poppy thieves yesterday,right? Please say it's true.

Haha, we sure did mate! Thankfully it's not all a dream for once [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
13-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Good OAP deals on the horizon! :aok:

Nando™
13-04-2015, 05:35 PM
And here, what about these ****s that leave before the end. "Makes my blood boil."

600 pages.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2015, 05:40 PM
This glory hunter is going along on Saturday with another glory hunters first game of the season.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2015, 05:50 PM
This glory hunter is going along on Saturday with another glory hunters first game of the season.
Good man. Remember to gather some proof of attendance and make a note of who we were playing as some smart alec is bound to ask [emoji6]

Golden Bear
13-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Good OAP deals on the horizon! :aok:

Aye that's all very well but Petrie will still be there and we all know he's a crap keeper, the worst defender in the league, and he couldnae score in a brothel. And come to think of it he never heats the pies up properly at half time.

Is it any wonder fans are staying away? Jeez!!

RCNG
13-04-2015, 06:42 PM

If any single person ever stops me from supporting hibs, will someone shoot me?

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2015, 06:47 PM
If any single person ever stops me from supporting hibs, will someone shoot me?

if anyone tried to stop me i'd shoot them...with my borrowed AK47

hopefully it doesn't come to that, i hate borrowing from mates :greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
13-04-2015, 06:55 PM
We've had many threads trying to encourage our lost fans back. A few wins here and there over the gunts and gers doesn't build all the bridges for the lost fans. I think promotion and maybe winning the cup will be the only way that we can win back the lost support. I really can't blame anyone for staying away as we were all hurt badly and let down on not just one or two occasions but constantly. Constantly for years, smacked in the teeth. If the team keep progressing the way they are I see a much rosier future and slowly but surely our numbers will increase again. Being dismayed or angry or having a go at non attendees isn't fair. Hibs have upset a lot of fans and there's a fear that no promotion or cup win will be the outcome, and to be fair that's normally the Hibs way. Take the fans to the brink of success, then let them down. Let's just be thankful the team still has a decent backing and hope the lost fans are shown that things have changed.

Ggtth

neil7908
13-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Pleased with the progress this season and hopeful we're on track but also think we still have everything to play for this year and things are still very much in the balance. As another poster alluded to its consistency that brings fans back. I think we're getting there but if I'm honest a part of me worries about us getting beat in the semi then losing in play offs and finding ourselves in this division again next year. Too many false dawns over the years that a few goods wins after a brutal relegation won't be enough for folk to come flooding back

Alfred E Newman
13-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Aye that's all very well but Petrie will still be there and we all know he's a crap keeper, the worst defender in the league, and he couldnae score in a brothel. And come to think of it he never heats the pies up properly at half time.

Is it any wonder fans are staying away? Jeez!!

You forgot the thousands driven away by the blaring music over the tannoy. Petries record collection is bloody awful!

snooky
13-04-2015, 07:37 PM

Baffles me.

A lot of punters attended ER out of habit. Once that habit was broken and they found something else to do they'll have to have a real good reason to come back.
I think some folk just got fed up losing and lost their appetite for the game in general.

We're on the ascendency. It took 7 years or so to lose a lot of regulars. They won't all come back in one big wave.
Success in the League and/or Cup would no doubt boost the numbers of prodigals returning to ER on a regular basis.
Fingers super-glued crossed.

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2015, 07:38 PM

Same :cool2:

hibs0666
13-04-2015, 07:50 PM

Magic!

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Magic!

I might be, lose the game and we will probably disappear again.

hibs0666
13-04-2015, 07:54 PM
I might be, lose the game and we will probably disappear again.

I trust the team to leave you gagging for more :)

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2015, 07:56 PM
I trust the team to leave you gagging for more :)

Lets hope so. :pray:

scoopyboy
14-04-2015, 03:37 PM

So if Petrie stays for another 20 years you won't be back in that period of time?

If so that's mental mate, a man you have no time for is keeping you away from your beloved team.

jdships
14-04-2015, 03:43 PM
As the saying goes " Respect has to be earned "
Have been a couple of times this season but for me the "jury is still out"