PDA

View Full Version : Andy Walker Commentary

Cabbage Lad
13-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Unfortunately I couldn't make the match so watched it on Sky. Was pleasantly surprised at the commentary, especially Andy walker. At every opportunity he would praise Hibs (rightly so for our performance) but he also stuck the boot in to Hearts. What with the media love in to them from all quarters, it was particularly refreshing to hear this. Any others notice this?

Ps Seeing our club captain celebrate the way he did after the 2nd and at FT was class. He could easily sulk like others have in the past but he doesn't. Well done that man!

ano hibby
13-04-2015, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=Cabbage Lad;4346611

Ps Seeing our club captain celebrate the way he did after the 2nd and at FT was class. He could easily sulk like others have in the past but he doesn't. Well done that man![/QUOTE]

Yeah Liam Craig was good to see, ran straight on at end & jumped on top of Farid to celebrate. Was good to see. LC will be involved in run in I'm sure & won't let us down. Thought he should have been on with 15 to go yesterday just for fresh legs.

Fergos
13-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Yeah Liam Craig was good to see, ran straight on at end & jumped on top of Farid to celebrate. Was good to see. LC will be involved in run in I'm sure & won't let us down. Thought he should have been on with 15 to go yesterday just for fresh legs.

Aye good measure of the unity in the camp, LC going daft with Farid at the end.

Good times, plaudits to LC for remaining positive despite being on the bench.

GGTTH

SlickShoes
13-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Nae time for walker, he is a prize tit.

O'Rourke3
13-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Think subbing the sub might have had an influence on that. Liam was warming up and looking like he was expecting to get on.

Scottie
13-04-2015, 09:15 AM
This. The mans a complete tool. Class of a smellie weegie.

Cameron1875
13-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Yesterday was the first time Walker has ever been Ok in commentary. Must be on happy tablets.

Jones28
13-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Can't stand Andy alwaysstatingthe****ingobvious Walker

Geo_1875
13-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Can't stand Andy alwaysstatingthe****ingobvious Walker

Scottish version of Andy Townsend?

lyonhibs
13-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Scottish version of Andy Townsend?

Easy now. He's a bellend, but not a patch on Andy Townsend.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Easy now. He's a bellend, but not a patch on Andy Townsend.

:greengrin

Andy Walker called Farid "el alagee" repeatedly. Black mark for that at least :wink:

tamig
13-04-2015, 06:44 PM
:greengrin

Andy Walker called Farid "el alagee" repeatedly. Black mark for that at least :wink:

I've heard a few commentators/pundits call him that to be fair.

hibees 7062
13-04-2015, 07:21 PM

:agree:

SuperAllyMcleod
13-04-2015, 07:31 PM

I agree - listen to him when Sellick are playing and you can almost hear the blinkers he wears.

As he is an ex Hibs player I would have thought he would be a bit more sympathetic to us over the years.

Different subject, but I have to say that I think Davie Provan has turned out to be a good commentator/summariser - always very fair.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 07:58 PM
I've heard a few commentators/pundits call him that to be fair.

Then they're all crap :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Then they're all crap :greengrin

Thought that was the correct pronunciation? Alagee

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 08:01 PM
Thought that was the correct pronunciation? Alagee

Really? Oh well, humble pie for me then :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Really? Oh well, humble pie for me then :greengrin

Think that's how it's pronounced in French. Andrew on Hibs TV always said it like that.
I used to call him Farid, but Stubbs says it like Fareed

worcesterhibby
13-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Once saw walker jogging towards easter Road at 2.35pm for a 3.00pm kick off. He actually had his boots round his neck ! he missed a sitter in the first 5 mins...weegie amateur. Never liked him since.

erin-go-bragh87
13-04-2015, 08:42 PM

Yeah I enjoyed that too! Is Liam a Hibs supporter? Obviously he will be now but has he always supported us, does anyone know?

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Think that's how it's pronounced in French. Andrew on Hibs TV always said it like that.

Someone needs to tell Paul Mitchell, who pronounces it as El Alagoooie :greengrin

HibbyAndy
13-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Someone needs to tell Paul Mitchell, who pronounces it as El Alagoooie :greengrin

That's how a pronounce him:agree:

It's defo El alagooooie

Leithenhibby
13-04-2015, 09:38 PM

So can we not just call him, Fred :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 09:47 PM
That's how a pronounce him:agree:

It's defo El alagooooie

Me too, Andy and I agree it's defo that :greengrin

ekhibee
14-04-2015, 01:44 AM
I agree - listen to him when Sellick are playing and you can almost hear the blinkers he wears.

As he is an ex Hibs player I would have thought he would be a bit more sympathetic to us over the years.

Different subject, but I have to say that I think Davie Provan has turned out to be a good commentator/summariser - always very fair.
All about opinions I suppose, to me Provan is without doubt one of the very worst analysts and 'journalists' connected with football. Just my opinion though.