PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allen - goal from corner

wookie70
12-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Was in FFL today and late on Scott Allen swung in a corner right under the Hearts bar. Keeper's feet looked well behind the goal line and he didn't have the ball that far in front of his body. Did anyone see it on TV and was it over the line. It would add to some of the shocking decisions on the day from a truly clueless ref

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Tbf to the ref he looked straight over to his linesman to help him out.

I'm assuming he told him using the mic it wasn't in and he also made no move to run back towards the half way line either. If there was a mistake made it's on the linesman not the ref.

lenny leith
12-04-2015, 08:43 PM

I'm assuming he told him using the mic it wasn't in and he also made no move to run back towards the half way line either. If there was a mistake made it's on the linesman not the ref.

Just watched it on tv and the ball did look over the line

O'Rourke3
12-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Didn't look over from where I was sitting. Gutted if it was though

wookie70
12-04-2015, 08:50 PM
It looked a fair way over from the FFL. Not as far as a LG free kick but far enough for a goal. The linesmen did a decent job today I thought but the officials are part of a team and that team were very poor today.

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
It looked a fair way over from the FFL. Not as far as a LG free kick but far enough for a goal. The linesmen did a decent job today I thought but the officials are part of a team and that team were very poor today.

I sit in the FFL as well and thought it was over - Alexander was miles behind the line.

Ronniekirk
12-04-2015, 09:13 PM
I sit in the FFL as well and thought it was over - Alexander was miles behind the line.
He was but ball wasn't imo opinion Was three seats from front in East stand and level with six yard box so had a good view ?if you were behind the goal though it would of looked in

hibbychick1
12-04-2015, 09:31 PM

That linesman was shocking. He must have seen the hertz player with his arm round Jason Cumming's neck. They were the only two players there and nothing to block his view!

matty_f
12-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I've not watched it back on TV but at the time I didn't think it was in but my boy was adamant that the keeper was behind the line.

AlbertK86
12-04-2015, 09:37 PM

Are you joking

He watched eckersly nearly pull the shirt off Boyle from 3 ft away and did nothing

Both ended getting booked cause he failed to signal for a foul

He wasn't even in line for Allan's corner

I thought it was a goal at the time

AlbertK86
12-04-2015, 09:38 PM
That linesman was shocking. He must have seen the hertz player with his arm round Jason Cumming's neck. They were the only two players there and nothing to block his view!

Yep and this meant to put this in my previous post !!

truehibernian
12-04-2015, 09:42 PM

Might have to check but was he not the lino who disallowed Jordon's equaliser at Tynie ? I think he was :cb

JimBHibees
12-04-2015, 09:44 PM
I've not watched it back on TV but at the time I didn't think it was in but my boy was adamant that the keeper was behind the line.

Keeper was, ball wasn't IMO.

iwasthere1972
12-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Thought the ball was over from my seat in the FF Upper.

Don't know if the highlights would prove it or not but just about to watch them on BBC.

ACLeith
12-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Watched it back and sure it wasn't over

Hermit Crab
12-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Nah, never a goal imo

KWJ
12-04-2015, 11:46 PM
They gave it a bit of an 'ooh' in commentary but didn't show a replay IIRC.

iwasthere1972
13-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Off topic.

The spray that the ref uses for free kicks. What is it? Air Freshner?

Noticed in the last two home games when the ref has used his spray that there's no line. Well if there is one it's disappeared within 5 seconds.

Total waste of time.

Just curious.

iwasthere1972
13-04-2015, 12:10 AM
They gave it a bit of an 'ooh' in commentary but didn't show a replay IIRC.

I think that was when the complimentary mince pies arrived for them.

lord bunberry
13-04-2015, 06:35 AM
I wasn't sure at the time, but I noticed none of the players were claiming for a goal

Brooster
13-04-2015, 06:37 AM
Not even close to being a goal.