PDA

View Full Version : Jase

Northernhibee
12-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Still top goalscorer in the league by one. Would be great to see him finish top goalscorer for such a young player.

A really good poacher just now and think he'll improve with age.

dp00
12-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Should keep him away from media tho.... It's cringey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
12-04-2015, 09:13 PM

I haven't seen his recent interview but I disagree.

I love his style and sense of humour.

Some people need to chi-chi-chill out.

Lee Marvin
12-04-2015, 09:16 PM

Couldnt disagree more. Breath of fresh air. The only way it would be cringy is if he slagged off other teams/players.

We need more like him.

green day
12-04-2015, 09:16 PM

No its not, he's a young lad saying what he feels after winning a derby v the team that chucked him on the scrapheap.

Much better than the usual "credit to xyz, but we played the better fitba" keech we usually hear.

I love his gallus no nonsense, donut flinging style!

LewisHFC
12-04-2015, 09:22 PM
What did he say today?

Jonnyboy
12-04-2015, 09:33 PM
What did he say today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NEIINime5Q&feature=youtu.be

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2015, 09:37 PM
mon the muffin man

15Cummings
(Hibernian)

14Lyle
(Queen of Sth)

13Reilly
(Queen of Sth)

12Buchanan
(Alloa)

Northernhibee
12-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Also his hair is fantastic.

Hibeesmad
12-04-2015, 09:52 PM
He hates the hearts

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 09:55 PM
I like him.

If Stubbs can channel his arrogant streak, and I mean that as a compliment, properly then he'll keep improving.

His goal return this season for a young, inexperienced lad has been superb.

matty_f
12-04-2015, 10:09 PM
I think he has all the potential to be a great striker for us. I love that he's got a touch of arrogance about him.

B.H.F.C
12-04-2015, 10:13 PM

Aye we can't be having a player that likes a bit of banter and a laugh. Disgusting way to act.

Kenbo
12-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Thought his interview was great, didn't try to be someone he isn't, just shot straight from the hip without being an idiot or trying to be politically correct, Brilliant!!

Vault Boy
12-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Excellent goal return for a player of his age and relative inexperience. Farid helped to bring the best out of Jason today, they compliment each other very well, and today's performance was massively encouraging, especially if it's a marker of what more this partnership will bring.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-04-2015, 10:52 PM

No it's not.

Carry on Cummings 14679

poolman
12-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Couldnt disagree more. Breath of fresh air. The only way it would be cringy is if he slagged off other teams/players.

We need more like him.

Absolutely

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-04-2015, 11:03 PM
His Instagram post 'Saaarry about that [emoji172][emoji460]️' was great. Right to the point.

hibee92
12-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Caressed it. What a guy

Onion
12-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Really like JC. He has the same kind of fearless arrogance that Griffiths has. Could do with a lot more JCs at the club and need to sign the lad up on a loooonnnggg deal. Great player in the making.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-04-2015, 11:24 PM
He's a modern day John Robertson.

Loves scoring against the farts.

Shrekko
12-04-2015, 11:34 PM
19 year old ex Hearts fan and player, top scorer in the league in his first full season after being a gardener 2 years ago. Now scored in his last 2 games against Hearts and given their fans the GIRUY each time.

Seriously - what's not to like about the boy? His interviews are great- he could trot out all the well worn football cliches that mean absolutely nothing with terrible grammar like 95 percent of Scottish players, but he actually has you wondering what he'll say next! As has been said already- a breath of fresh air. We've struck gold with this boy.

Scottie
13-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Luv him and his arrogance.

As long as he keeps performing and banging them in he can say WTF he likes. :aok:

Ozyhibby
13-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Hate the snobbish attitude to Cummings interviews. We had the same thing with Yogi. Not Hibs class.

Hibeesmad
13-04-2015, 12:21 AM
Clubs down south will be keeping an eye on him, they always seem to be interested in the top goalscorer's in this league. However, I hope that he doesn't want to go at this stage of his career, I think it could ruin him

Fergos
13-04-2015, 06:19 AM
Say things to yams like "he's our John Robertson" - they hate it...it's a brilliant laugh!

For me his interviews and youthful confidence are refreshing, more of this and a lot more goals please. Lad deserves tremendous credit for the way he's battled back from earlier set backs in his career and onto bigger and better things....!

GGTTH

JimBHibees
13-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Caressed it. What a guy

Superb. :greengrin

Baader
13-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Couldnt care less so long as he does the biz - which he is doing. Different if a player is slumped in a George St doorway with half a kebab strewn across him after we lose a big game. Don't see what's so bad about that post match interview anyway - unless we want players to take elocution lessons now... Throw the 'R' away...

Speedy
13-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Also his hair is fantastic.

He looks like a rockhopper penguin :greengrin

s.a.m
13-04-2015, 11:00 AM

:greengrin
You've nailed it!. Couldn't think what it was his do reminded me of...

CallumLaidlaw
13-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Say things to yams like "he's our John Robertson" - they hate it...it's a brilliant laugh!

Was talking to a few Jambos on the train home yesterday and one said "that Cummings is an absolute B**bag th". I said you only don't like him 'cos he's doing well against you and likes rubbing your nose in it. Same reason we don't like Skacel, and he had to agree.

patlowe
13-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Apart from his goal, I thought his all-round play was really impressive yesterday, particularly in the first half in the way he worked with Farid and dropped short to give the midfield an option. Improving rapidly and has a clear eye for goal - exciting stuff.

13-04-2015, 11:45 AM

Dont see anything wrong or "cringey" tbh. Just a young lad, once again in the spotlight for scoring a big goal in a big game and loving his football.

Gon yersel Jason :thumbsup::flag:

13-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Was talking to a few Jambos on the train home yesterday and one said "that Cummings is an absolute B**bag th". I said you only don't like him 'cos he's doing well against you and likes rubbing your nose in it. Same reason we don't like Skacel, and he had to agree.

Exactly. Jason has a bit of an axe to grind with hearts because of the way he was treated by them so you can tell he just loves scoring against them and showing them what they missed out on. Unlike Skacel though, he isn't constantly trying to sook up to the fans by constantly digging at them in the media and every other opportunity he gets. Skacel seemed to hate hibs more than he loved hearts. Skacel was a classless, arrogant wee fud (easy to see why he fit in so well at hearts!).

worcesterhibby
13-04-2015, 12:10 PM

http://www.ozanimals.com/image/albums/australia/Bird/normal_Z-bob_the_courier-rockhop.jpg

07BigD
13-04-2015, 12:16 PM
:greengrin
You've nailed it!. Couldn't think what it was his do reminded me of...
He looks like a goal scoring prince to me!

rcarter1
13-04-2015, 12:19 PM

Love his chat, and his hair do.

And Farid looks like a man on business. Love it! :thumbsup:

Diclonius
13-04-2015, 01:52 PM
First couple responses to his post on Twitter include death threats and "I know where you live". Is this the norm now? Scary.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2015, 01:58 PM
First couple responses to his post on Twitter include death threats and "I know where you live". Is this the norm now? Scary.

In light of what happened to that Aberdeen fan who abused griffiths I'm guessing that something would be done if the tweets were reported to the police.

Kaff
13-04-2015, 02:14 PM
In light of what happened to that Aberdeen fan who abused griffiths I'm guessing that something would be done if the tweets were reported to the police.

I did see that last night and if it was the same one then later on he said to a woman who told him he had gone too far that it was a laugh and they are good pals, didn't look good initially but that is the trouble with Twitter it's not just a circle of mates but is so open

VivaHiberña
13-04-2015, 03:37 PM
"I dinnae score many so I was delighted with it." [Interviewer realises he's having the pee taken out of him and promptly moves on to Farid.]

:top marks Laughed out loud at that. I've missed having arrogant b******s up front.

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2015, 03:46 PM
"I dinnae score many so I was delighted with it." [Interviewer realises he's having the pee taken out of him and promptly moves on to Farid.]

:top marks Laughed out loud at that. I've missed having arrogant b******s up front.

Think he was talking about scoring with his "Righty"

VivaHiberña
13-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Think he was talking about scoring with his "Righty"

Ahh, you might be right. Made me laugh either way. :greengrin

DownInAlbion
13-04-2015, 04:52 PM
You can see Jason starting to crease himself as the camera pans away :)

Matty_Jack04
13-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Love his chat, and his hair do.

And Farid looks like a man on business. Love it! :thumbsup:

Farid reminds me of fez from that 70s show in that clip love the man can't wait till he's fully fit again

Judas Iscariot
13-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Ahh, you might be right. Made me laugh either way. :greengrin

You're spot on tho about him ripping the guy, he's mental!

Can't get enough characters like him in the game, breath of fresh air & he scores for fun!

ancient hibee
13-04-2015, 05:51 PM
His all round play has improved out of sight.What worries me is his leg muscle trouble.Sure the club will be working on that in the close season to help him with his cramping problem.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 06:24 PM
19 year old ex Hearts fan and player, top scorer in the league in his first full season after being a gardener 2 years ago. Now scored in his last 2 games against Hearts and given their fans the GIRUY each time.

Seriously - what's not to like about the boy? His interviews are great- he could trot out all the well worn football cliches that mean absolutely nothing with terrible grammar like 95 percent of Scottish players, but he actually has you wondering what he'll say next! As has been said already- a breath of fresh air. We've struck gold with this boy.

Exactly. I thought it was clever of him to use the word caressed after Luke had reminded him of the "touch of an angel" quote :agree:

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 06:28 PM
You're spot on tho about him ripping the guy, he's mental!

Can't get enough characters like him in the game, breath of fresh air & he scores for fun!

Didn't 'rip' the guy at all. He knows Luke; he knows Luke's a Hibby and he tailored his answer, as I've descibed above :wink:

Gotta love the lad, though :greengrin

bingo70
13-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I love his personality, it's brilliant to have a player with a bit character and not hear all the same old cliches.

I also think Stubbs is going to be very good for him, he's still extremely raw and you can see he's still got a lot to learn but he's making terrific progress, if he continues at this rate he could end up at a high level.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I love his personality, it's brilliant to have a player with a bit character and not hear all the same old cliches.

I also think Stubbs is going to be very good for him, he's still extremely raw and you can see he's still got a lot to learn but he's making terrific progress, if he continues at this rate he could end up at a high level.

Agreed :agree: Love the fact that Farid talks him through the game too.

Ronniekirk
13-04-2015, 06:45 PM
His all round play has improved out of sight.What worries me is his leg muscle trouble.Sure the club will be working on that in the close season to help him with his cramping problem.
He started stretching after about twenty minutes ,so the bigger pitch at hampden will take more out of him ,so with Malonga injured and Boyle cup tied wonder I'd Lewis Allan will get a place on the bench on Saturday

Ronniekirk
13-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Agreed :agree: Love the fact that Farid talks him through the game too.

He kept referring to Farid as the Big Man :aok:

Ozyhibby
13-04-2015, 07:37 PM
The work Cummings and Farid did in blocking the passing lanes to Gomis was a key reason they struggled. It meant their centre halves were having to play longer passes than normal which we were prepared for.

Peevemor
15-04-2015, 11:12 AM
He comes across very, very well in the EEN today

Jason Cummings has his eyes set on a treble – helping Hibs win promotion to the Premiership, lifting the Scottish Cup and ending the season as the Championship’s top scorer.

The teenager’s derby-day strike took his tally for the season to 17, with 15 of them coming in the league. He currently tops the Championship’s scoring charts, but Queen of the South duo Derek Lyle (14) and Gavin Reilly (13) are breathing down his neck.

Cummings’ original aim this season was just to score as many goals as he could, but now he admits he’d love to end his first full season “top of the charts”.

However, he insisted personal glory comes second to ensuring Alan Stubbs’ players enjoy a thrilling finale, their 2-0 victory over Capital rivals Hearts securing their place in the play-offs, with the aim now being to clinch second place and so cut the number of games required for a stab at a return to the top flight.

And, of course, there’s the little matter of Saturday’s Scottish Cup semi-final against Falkirk, a repeat of the penultimate round of two years ago when Hibs came back from 3-0 down to win a thriller 4-3.

Cummings said: “To be 
honest, I didn’t have a target at the start of the season. I just wanted to score as many goals as I could. You hear of strikers talking of getting 20 as being a good season, so that’s probably my aim now, to do that and 
finish top of the charts.”

As much as he enjoyed scoring against the club which released him after he’d suffered a serious knee injury a few years ago, Cummings conceded that his winner at Dumbarton four days earlier was possibly a more important goal ending, as it did, a run of three successive defeats for Hibs, which had many believing they’d lost their nerve.

The former Hutchison Vale kid said: “We’d been beaten in those three games, but you could still see it was there. We were a bit unlucky in each of them, but at Dumbarton and again in the derby you could see a team which was really hungry, confident, playing relaxed football and enjoying it.

“You could see we are a team to be reckoned with. Now getting second place is massive. We are looking to get up this season and I’m feeling confident about the play-offs.”

Cummings’ confidence was such that, he insisted, he had no worries when replaced by 
Dominique Malonga as he began cramping up in both calves that Hibs, leading only by his goal despite having dominated the first half, would surrender that advantage, although the home fans could only breath easily when Farid El Alagui netted a second in injury time.

He said: “We’d had plenty of chances. Callum Paterson put a header against his own bar, Liam Fontaine hit it with a tremendous shot, Liam had one taken off the line and Neil Alexander had a good save from me.

“We should probably have won by more than two, so hopefully against Falkirk on Saturday we can take our chances – maybe we’ll do a bit of shooting practice this week.

“But even although we only had that one goal I wasn’t nervous at all sitting on the bench watching. I was confident because I could not see us conceding a goal. Our defence was rock solid.”

And Cummings believes his renewed partnership with El Alagui, playing only his second 90 minutes following almost seven months out after he 
ruptured his Achilles tendon, can drive Hibs on to realise their ambitions.

He said: “I thought big Farid was brilliant – probably one of our best players. I think he won every header. He just kept knocking the ball down to me and that’s how I got my goal. He’s put Fraser Fyvie’s ball into the box down into the six-yard box and that’s where I come alive. I hit it with my right foot rather than my left. It was scuffed a bit into the corner but it doesn’t matter how they go in.

“Sometimes you can catch a shot as cleanly as you’d like and it goes over the bar or the goalkeeper saves it. To see that one go in was just brilliant.”

Cummings had enjoyed that feeling before, netting Hibs’ opener on their last visit to Tynecastle, his celebrations afterwards earning him a yellow card, before Jamie Walker took the gloss off his day by equalising. This time, though, it was a day to remember.

He said: “Scoring the last time was brilliant, a great feeling personally after what had happened to me over there, but we didn’t win the game.

“So to score and go on to win the derby makes it a special day. My celebrations were quite mad again, but the boys were pulling me back.

“But I was just as delighted to see Farid score, not only because it made the game totally safe, but for the big man himself. He deserved it. He’s been working his socks off to get back and having been out so long I made him my man of the match.

“I enjoy playing with him. I always feel I am going to get chances because he is a big presence up there and hopefully we’ll prove to be a good partnership in the coming weeks.”

Stubbs had his squad back in at East Mains for training yesterday with the focus now firmly on Saturday’s trip to Hampden, an occasion that Cummings is determined to enjoy.

He said: “I’ve never played there before, but winning the derby has set us up nicely for a shot at getting to the final itself.

“It could be a tremendous end to the season, going for promotion and having a Scottish Cup final to look forward to.

“We just need to keep winning to keep the pressure on Rangers, who have a game in hand on us but have to go to Tynecastle on the final day of the season. But to win promotion and lift the cup would be great for the fans. We’d love to give them something back. They had a hard time of it last season. We gave them very little to cheer so to be able to do that would mean a lot to us.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/cummings-aiming-for-his-own-hibs-treble-1-3743745