PDA

View Full Version : Strangely Subdued Celebrations?

Carheenlea
12-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Don't know what it was like for those anywhere else, but where I sit in the middle of East for Cummings' opener the celebrations were strangely subdued? Derby joy has been thin on the ground in recent years so I was going to enjoy myself alright, but felt obliged to reign it in somewhat given the reaction to those in the vicinity. Even the second was met with strangely muted celebration. Hopefully elsewhere in the ground the goals were met with more gusto! Maybe they were saving themselves for next week!

Pretty Boy
12-04-2015, 06:39 PM
I was going mental.

Broke my watch giving them the GIRFUY after the 2nd.

Jonnyboy
12-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Don't know what it was like for those anywhere else, but where I sit in the middle of East but for Cummings' opener the celebrations were strangely subdued? Derby joy has been thin on the ground in recent years so I was going to enjoy myself alright, but felt obliged to reign it in somewhat given the reaction to those in the vicinity. Even the second was met with strangely muted celebration. Hopefully elsewhere in the ground the goals were met with more gusto! Maybe they were saving themselves for next week!

Move yer seat :greengrin Celebrations were mental in S42 at the back :agree:

matty_f
12-04-2015, 06:40 PM
I was waiting for the offside flag at first.then started jumping about!

Vault Boy
12-04-2015, 06:41 PM
The noise from our living room in East Anglia was deafening

hibby6270
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
The guys I sit beside in the West Upper were cuddling each other and walking along the row shaking everybody by the hand when Farid scored.

Unbridled joy I think you call it. And about time this season. We've had the better of the last 3 Derbies and just been unlucky not to have had 3 victories, so today was overdue. :cb:aok::thumbsup::greengrin

Carheenlea
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
I was going mental.

Broke my watch giving them the GIRFUY after the 2nd.

Move yer seat :greengrin Celebrations were mental in S42 at the back :agree:

Glad to hear it! (Maybe not so much the burst watch, but hopefully not too much of a price to pay..)

Jones28
12-04-2015, 06:44 PM
I've pissed off a few locals here in Grimsby! :flag::thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
12-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Don't know what it was like for those anywhere else, but where I sit in the middle of East for Cummings' opener the celebrations were strangely subdued? Derby joy has been thin on the ground in recent years so I was going to enjoy myself alright, but felt obliged to reign it in somewhat given the reaction to those in the vicinity. Even the second was met with strangely muted celebration. Hopefully elsewhere in the ground the goals were met with more gusto! Maybe they were saving themselves for next week!

I was in FF Upper and we were going ballastic. Are you sure you weren't in the bogs at the time?

3pm
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM
I was pouring cold water down my pants to get rid of the stiffie. I wish it was February again.

Totally embarrassing.

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2015, 06:48 PM
We went mental in the FF and the East celebration looked fine from where we were. My cheapo fag lighter fell out my pocket at the first goal and I smashed it to bits jumping up & down on it :greengrin

emerald green
12-04-2015, 06:49 PM
I think I've done my hamstring. I was going crazy at both goals.

I just wish there had been more Hibs fans at the game. Credit where it's due, Hibs were by far the better team today.

Hannah_hfc
12-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Front row section 42 in the East, safe to say I had no voice after Farid scored ( and very little voice before it!). Definitely wild where I was sat! Also credit to the section 43 guys, they were fantastic today!

KeithTheHibby
12-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Token hibby in a bar in Bodrum sitting with my yam missus. Cared not a not and the Mancs in to watch the Derby on the other telly must have thought I was mental celebrating each goal!

Green Fish
At the second goal my laddie thought I was having a spasm attack GGTTH

Hibrandenburg
I could be heard as far away as Berlin.

RoxburghHibs
12-04-2015, 07:04 PM
I could be heard as far away as Berlin.

Me and two other Hibees in Tenerife we're going mental (still are)!!!!

Get in!

:flag:

essexhibee
12-04-2015, 07:05 PM
The noise from our living room in East Anglia was deafening

Same!! (UEA student) :agree: dog walker going past was rather bemused :greengrin

Carheenlea
12-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I was in FF Upper and we were going ballastic. Are you sure you weren't in the bogs at the time?

Sounds very like it was just in my vicinity! Very odd as it appears that everywhere else was celebrating in the expected way
:flag:

trev the hat
12-04-2015, 07:09 PM

Your in the wrong seat Gadjy, I made it passed 5 geezers to get to the bottom of the steps in Sect 41 to unleash the biggest GIRFUY 5 times & it was F---in Marvelous !!! For the second I was horizontal twice trying to grab mates in the row behind. Loved It !!

Vault Boy
12-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Same!! (UEA student) :agree: dog walker going past was rather bemused :greengrin

I'm at UEA too, heading back now actually after I was home in Essex!

Seekyit
12-04-2015, 07:20 PM

The ref didn't lift his arm to give Cummings' goal, it wasn't clear. I disagree about the second. I went bonkers...

Matt92
12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Just had a look at remaining fixtures and points: is that not us now officially in the play offs?

GreenCastle
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM
The only place it looked subdued was the away end !

They didn't quite know what to do..try and party like twats for being 13th best in Scotland or get angry with their team for a being rubbish for the 3rd Derby in a row. Confused yams..

erin go bragh
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM
The ref didn't lift his arm to give Cummings' goal, it wasn't clear. I disagree about the second. I went bonkers...

Upper section 43 was carnage when each
goal went in ..🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 more jumping about than a box of frogs .fin brilliant

GGTTH