PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle

California-Hibs
12-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Ok, wanted to start a thread about the lad. I started one a few weeks back and highlighted that I felt he should be in the team. Well, I hope today showed why. Now don't get me wrong, he wasn't outstanding or anywhere near Man Of The Match or anything, but when we plays, because of his position and obvious pace attribute, it gives our formation and play a new dimension.

We look so much more fluid as a team when he plays. He's far from the finished article and yes, is sometimes guilty of missing good chances, but he stretches defenses and opens the park up to allow certain of our other players room to play.

Again, get him in the team!

gaz1875
12-04-2015, 04:59 PM
I thought he played very well, a lot of people might have missed the tracking back as well as stretching their defence. It was a big gamble to play so many attacking players today and it paid off :gwa:

Craig_HFC
12-04-2015, 05:00 PM
I like him. He gives us natural width and genuine pace which is something we lack.

I thought he played very well today, his crossing wasn't great but his tracking back was excellent and there was one 50/50 he won that was not something you'd expect from him.

Scottie
12-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Matt Done wannabe :wink:

Jim44
12-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Preston was laughing and sneering early in the game, saying, "What's Boyle up to? He doesn't have a clue what to do. He'll be ok on that touch line as Stubbs can talk him through the game but he'll be lost in the second half."

Mr White
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Preston was laughing and sneering early in the game, saying, "What's Boyle up to? He doesn't have a clue what to do. He'll be ok on that touch line as Stubbs can talk him through the game but he'll be lost in the second half."

I'll say it again. It's a scandal that the bbc employ that helmet preston. No way would he be so sneering and dismissive of a player he acts as agent for. Quite the opposite in fact.

Bronson
12-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Thought Boyle had a stormer. I believe he's cup tied for next week? He'll be sorely missed with a performance like that today.

Well done lad:top marks

eastmainsmsh
12-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Thus why two year contract offered as A Stubbs sees him as threat on right

Lee Marvin
12-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Thus why two year contract offered as A Stubbs sees him as threat on right

Where you hear this?

Alex Trager
12-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Was superb in attack and defence today. Well in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
12-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Ah the fickle football fan, haha, brilliant. I start a thread a few weeks ago wanting him in the team - I get shot down. I start one today on the back of a derby win - everyone agrees.

Not a dig, but lets just be honest, all us football fans are fickle as!

Carheenlea
12-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Thought Boyle had a stormer. I believe he's cup tied for next week? He'll be sorely missed with a performance like that today.

Well done lad:top marks

You sure? I had visions of him enjoying the big park at Hampden next week. Be a blow if you are correct and the lad is unavailable.

Sir David Gray
12-04-2015, 05:50 PM
You sure? I had visions of him enjoying the big park at Hampden next week. Be a blow if you are correct and the lad is unavailable.

Both Boyle and Keith Watson are cup tied next week.

Aldo
12-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Both Boyle and Keith Watson are cup tied next week.

Shame really. Hope Scott is fit then with Dylan moving out to the right??

Vault Boy
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM
He impressed me today, coped really well at RWB and worked hard for the team. His final ball needs work, but I think that might well improve at his age. If we can bring in better, then we should go for it, but that applies to every player, so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing if he could offer something next year.

Jonnyboy
12-04-2015, 06:32 PM
I think it's important to understand that with Montrose, Boyle was a striker. Since joining us, he's mostly been used as a winger in a 442 formation. The fact that he performed so well today in a 352 set up, tells me he's hungry to do well and he certainly didn't let himself, or us, down

HoboHarry
12-04-2015, 06:35 PM
It's absurd that a player can be cup-tied in the post Bosman and transfer window days. I would imagine that a legal challenge would see that particular rule dropped....

Scorrie
12-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Thought Boyle played very well. Just wish he had a bit better end product as some of his crosses were poor. Worked hard though and deserves the praise

ancient hibee
12-04-2015, 06:52 PM
He ran hard which is the least you should expect but his use of the ball when he had chances to cross was very poor.He fitted into the set up but there's no chance he would be in the team if Gray and Robertson were fit.He tries hard but with very little end product that's about it.

Seekyit
12-04-2015, 07:30 PM
He impressed me today, coped really well at RWB and worked hard for the team. His final ball needs work, but I think that might well improve at his age. If we can bring in better, then we should go for it, but that applies to every player, so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing if he could offer something next year.

I was always a bit worried that he was behind his man in the second half. Nothing happened though. His attacking in the first half was good..

Bishop Hibee
12-04-2015, 07:49 PM
He was excellent today. Best game since he came to Hibs. Well done 👍

Stokesy's on fire
12-04-2015, 08:13 PM
He was class today and he offered so much I would be pleased to see him again next season.

gegs70
12-04-2015, 08:18 PM
I honestly hope we can keep Boyle I quite like home he certainly gives us a few options.

Onceinawhile
12-04-2015, 08:29 PM
https://twitter.com/MartinBoyle9/status/587350061467770880?s=09

Top notch. Would like to see him go past players more often, just a punt and rush. But more tweets like that and he can do whatever he wants.

3pm
12-04-2015, 08:34 PM
I think it's important to understand that with Montrose, Boyle was a striker. Since joining us, he's mostly been used as a winger in a 442 formation. The fact that he performed so well today in a 352 set up, tells me he's hungry to do well and he certainly didn't let himself, or us, down

Was it 352 today?! I thought it was a flat back 4!

bigwheel
12-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Top notch. Would like to see him go past players more often, just a punt and rush. But more tweets like that and he can do whatever he wants.

Haha. Brilliant stuff

trev the hat
12-04-2015, 08:41 PM

4-4-2 for me JB, thought same as you reading team sheets tho

Jonnyboy
12-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Was it 352 today?! I thought it was a flat back 4!

4-4-2 for me JB, thought same as you reading team sheets tho

I'm sticking with 352 :greengrin

SteveHFC
12-04-2015, 08:43 PM

Outstanding :faf:

Hannah_hfc
12-04-2015, 10:30 PM

The best part of the jambo replies go along the lines of "at least he's won the championship "

Not realising Boyle has been there done that with Dundee last season :greengrin: brilliant stuff 👍

Shrekko
12-04-2015, 11:53 PM
I'm sticking with 352 :greengrin

Pretty sure it was 4-4-2 but Boyle was fantastic in doubling up defensively on his side where Stubbs had obviously pinpointed as a danger area. His pace is a fantastic asset IMO. He's not a world beater but he's a versatile team player who drags defenders all over the place.

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2015, 07:01 AM
The tweet just added to his performance MOTM now

Greenblood70
13-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Boyle can be frustrating at times as there is often no final product. I thought yesterday he could have taken more responsibility a couple of times and take his man on to get to the bye line and get a cross over. Other than that tho I thought he gave Eckersly a torrid time, never gave him a minutes peace. Considering it wasn't his natural position He gave it everything and was a good outlet at times. If he can find a more consistent final product he has the attributes to be a decent player for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
13-04-2015, 11:06 AM
It's absurd that a player can be cup-tied in the post Bosman and transfer window days. I would imagine that a legal challenge would see that particular rule dropped....

GMS and Armstrong can stay cup tied though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk